Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

And that horrible anvil that Olivia gave out about nothing ever happening between her and Julian. And what snarky comment did Alexis make to her? I must have missed it entirely.

I must have missed it too because I was like wtf is Alexis talking about, but then I wondered if maybe it was like a meta thing because of NLG's Viola Davis scandal.

Olivia came running up to Julian to tell him about something the baby did that was so cute or clever or whatever, and during the conversation, Alexis made, not a nasty comment but more of a dismissive comment.  I don't remember what it was exactly, but it was the kind of thing one (or most of us) might think (but not say) when someone who is not particularly new to parenthood starts gushing about his or her baby. Basically, what she said sort of trivialized whatever Olivia was prattling about. I do remember hearing it and thinking it was borderline inappropriate, if not a little rude. 

So, as I type this, I'm now thinking it might have been inserted into the dialogue as a meta-thing on the Viola Davis comment. 

• Love 2

Sooo...Nathan has an eyewitness who saw the crash and what, left Carly by the side of the road for 10 hours?  I call b.s.  Why can't they just have the bodyshop call it in and match paint? 

• Love 2

As a Robin fan, glad KMc is back. Even though I don't expect the writers to do much to save the character's legacy. Now that Robin is on screen.... I mean would it have killed the writers to have Emma crying to Patrick( after the kidnap attempt) that she wants her mommy. She needs her mommy. Go get mommy and bring her back. Or to say that she learned stranger danger from Patrick & Robin...NOT Sam. They just won't giver her a break.

Still, the worst storyline on GH right now is JT/Patrick's hair.

So much this. I had actually liked this scene, and found Emma's reactions to be completely believable. Right up until she said she learned stranger danger from Patrick and SAM. Kids learn, or should learn, about stranger danger much earlier in their lives. 

On today's General Hospital: 

Epiphany:  I'm here to do you're physical therapy because that's totally a nurse's job and Frank didn't want to hire someone to play a therapist

Sonny;  I'm a baby, a baby, a baby

With all of the stupid, craptastic story lines on the show these days, you wouldn't think this would bother me so much, but it does. It makes me almost as ragey as how this show continues to crap all over Robin. Epiphany is a nurse. Not to disparage nurses in any way, because they are so incredibly important in health care, but a nurse is NOT a physical therapist. These days, you need to have a doctorate in order to be a practicing physical therapist. Why, Show, why? Why must you continue with the stupidity? I might have accepted the story line a little better if Epiphany had just said that she was there to help Sonny with the exercises the physical therapist had given him, but as soon as she said she was his physical therapist, my head exploded! 

edited because nurse's and nurses are two different things, and grammar is my friend.

Edited by Myst
  • Love 5

I know nurse /=/ physical therapist, but I like seeing Pip give Sonny the business, so I'm willing to hand wave the glaring mistake. If the PT had been some day player/newbie, they'd have Sonny try to seduce her or threaten him. Ew.

• Love 3

I know nurse /=/ physical therapist, but I like seeing Pip give Sonny the business, so I'm willing to hand wave the glaring mistake. If the PT had been some day player/newbie, they'd have Sonny try to seduce her or threaten him. Ew.

I see your ew, and raise you an ick! ;)

• Love 1

Ugh, it's Guza retrograde up in here.  Jason, Jason, JASON!

Hearing Sam basically say she had no self worth before A MOB HITMAN deigned to love her was so sad.  And Liz, shut the fuck up.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

Dante is the WORST. Between him and Patrick, man. No words.

THEY SHOULD BE BANISHED TO A LONELY CANADIAN ICE FLOE.

Not a good showing from Mr. Falconeri.

But I also wanted to flick Maxie in the head.  Stay in your lane.

Maxie is a hypocrite, but Valerie (aside from Dante) is officially the worst, so whatever Maxie, punch her in the face.

• Love 6

It takes a lot of fucking audacity to be a couple who cheated, blame the wife, get outed at last and then continue to blame the wife for not taking it well.

What a pile of bullshit. 

And the 'it's all Lulu's fault' needs to stop NOW. Lulu's part in this is no longer relevant. Why? Because when she returned from the whackadoo Spencer adventure mess, she apologized, she explained, she apologized some more, she bent over backwards to make things up to her husband and he... did nothing. What's more, when she thought that he and Valerie kissed, she took the blame, apologized some more and forgave him.

Dante kept lying. And Valerie did too... except when she was blabbing about fucking Dante in the first place. You know, even after he specifically asked her not to.

So at this point, Lulu fessed up and apologized, accepted her part in the 'kiss' and thought that everything was out in the open. Her loving husband and his side piece are the ones who lied and at that point, they lost every leg they have to stand on in this 'there are no villains' piece.

What's more, after being exposed, Dante is still palling around with Valerie and he's still confiding to her intimate details of the life he's attempting to put back together with Lulu. He's confiding to Valerie about his wife and the troubles they're having. In essence, he's still cheating on Lulu. He absolutely refuses to draw any lines and now he's got the NERVE to tell Lulu that SHE has taken it too far?

There ARE villains in this piece but they aren't Lulu. Is she behaving badly or is she behaving in a way that a woman who has been fully betrayed by someone acts? He's been lying to her for how long now? He is WRONG for how he's behaving with Valerie. If Lulu doesn't trust Dante then that is on him and how he continues to act.

So Valerie can shut the fuck up about Lulu being the one to ruin her marriage and Dante can have a thousand seats about Lulu going 'too far.' Fuck both of them.

When's Johnny getting back again?

• Love 22

Even though it was a felony for Lulu and Maxie to tap into Dante's email, Val's email was completely unprofessional and inappropriate. She is at least unconsciously doing everything in her power to get Dante. I guess she's lonely. Her mother died, you know.

Spinelli continued to fulfill my worst expectations. It's impossible to hack and fix all those items he babbled about via computer. He would have long ago drawn the eye of Interpol, the FBI, and Homeland Security.

Who is taking care of Lulu's and Liez's sons as they drop everything and follow Jason halfway around the world, with no ETA or permanent address? Isn't their first responsibility to their children, not to Jason? Of course Sam is only doing it to get Jason alone somewhere out of prying PC eyesight, and Liez is determined that she won't. And of course any contemporary male would run away in the opposite direction to be free of clingy females like those two.

Spinelli is like a third infatuated woman, adoring Jason and tearing up as he recounts how Jason saved his life, yadda yadda.

But I also wanted to flick Maxie in the head. Stay in your lane.

Guuuurl. I know it was a long time ago - but you became a drug pusher and faked a pillow pregnancy to get and hold a married man.

Settle. Down.

• Love 8

Spinelli continued to fulfill my worst expectations.

Spinelli: There are good parts of being Jason Morgan.

Me: ...blood money?  Money you literally got for killing people?  Is...good?

Patrick apologizing to Sabrina was so fucking disgusting.

I didn't really understand what this was about.  He handled breaking up with her about as well as anyone could, he wasn't cold about it.  Is he apologizing for not dumping her the instant he saw Robin?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8

On today's General HOspital:

Valerie to Dante:  last night was dreamy, stakeouts and bad guys, I'm totally going to send you an email to gush about how wonderfully dreamy it all was.

Lulu:  I saw Dante and Valerie SITTING IN A CAR.  IN. A. CAR.

Maxie:  that hussy.  let's hack Dante's email at the exact time that Valerie's sending him a totally lame, sappy sounding email that could be misconstrued as them having had sex.

Maxie:  You had sex with Dante in a car

Valerie:  No I didn't

Maxie;  Ok, my bad

Lulu:  You had sex with Valerie in a car

Dante:  No I didn't

Lulu:  pfft, liar liar pants on fire

Dante:  Yeah, I'm done.

Jason:  I need help finding Helena

Spin:  <dreamy eyes>  I wuv you Jason.  My heart is now bigger than the sky

Jason:  Yeah dude, I have no memories of you 

Sam;  Jason's in trouble and I'm going after him

Pat:  Well doesn't that suck for me

Liz:  Jason didn't come home last night and I'm FREAKING OUT

Michael:  Eh, he's Jason, he does shit like that.  Sabrina and I are going to find out how far along she is

Sabrina:  <shifty looking>  uh yeah, totally, unless later I cancel my sonogram apointment and don't bother telling you

Liz:  Jason didn't come home last night.  Stay away from him

Sam:  He loved me more than he loved you

Liz:  Nu uh.  I'm rubber you're glue, whatever you say bounces off of me and sticks to you

Later...

Liz to Sam:  If you're going after Jason, then I'm coming with you.  

• Love 7

A line  I would have like to have heard today: Liz, after Sam told her to get out of her house, saying, "Don't you mean Patrick's house?"

Is it just me, or was the look on Val's face when she emailed Dante that terribly vague note today as close as she could get to an evil mustache twirl? I'm with Maxie on this one. I think she knows a scheming, er, witch when she sees one. 

Apparently Jason picked up quite a few recon skills in his cryogenic state. I don't remember him asking Spinelli for pre-murder help, at least on a regular basis. 

And finally, several years ago, before one of Jason's brain operations, there was a whole episode devoted to everyone in his life imagining what his life would have been like if he hadn't been brain-injured. All of them, Sam and Liz included, decided the alternatives were worse than his reality. It sure is a shame the writers couldn't have referenced that somehow. 

Edited by rur
  • Love 1

Patrick apologizing to Sabrina was so fucking disgusting. Try apologizing to your captive, tortured ex, you mullet head douchebag.*

*Ron is still writing this show, y'all.

Patrick better be shown apologizing to Robin on bended fucking knee. At this point, he could crawl on broken glass while groveling and I wouldn't want her to forgive him or give him another chance.

• Love 5

I didn't really understand what this was about. He handled breaking up with her about as well as anyone could, he wasn't cold about it. Is he apologizing for not dumping her the instant he saw Robin?

He's apologizing because he's Sabrina now. Waiting for Sam to choose him and hoping she doesn't go back to the dead now alive spouse. And he already told Sam that he made a mistake choosing Robin. So he gets Sabrina.

Meantime, the show continues to shit on Robin! Yay!

Edited by HeatLifer

Guuuurl. I know it was a long time ago - but you became a drug pusher and faked a pillow pregnancy to get and hold a married man.

Settle. Down.

You know what I just realized?  She was in this exact situation with Spinelli and Ellie!  There was a misunderstanding, Spinelli thought his relationship was over, Maxie slept with him, they both then kept it a secret, Maxie still kinda mooned over him, etc.

So yeah, I get she's defending her bestie, but a flick in the head for Maxie.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

Who is taking care of Lulu's and Liez's sons as they drop everything and follow Jason halfway around the world,

Do you mean Sam and Liz?  

Sam told Patrick that Monica would be taking care of Danny and Liz told Sam that Laura would be taking care of her boys.  I guess Laura's taken over for Audrey.

• Love 1

Patrick better be shown apologizing to Robin on bended fucking knee. At this point, he could crawl on broken glass while groveling and I wouldn't want her to forgive him or give him another chance.

He should just DIAF. Nothing the writers do will ever fix him or Scrubs. They shouldn't even waste the time.

You know what I just realized?  She was in this exact situation with Spinelli and Ellie!  There was a misunderstanding, Spinelli thought his relationship was over, Maxie slept with him, they both then kept it a secret, Maxie still kinda mooned over him, etc.

So yeah, I get she's defending her bestie, but a flick in the head for Maxie.

But Maxie never acted like it was Ellie's fault and she was just so gosh darn tired of apologizing already and she also never said Ellie should just take all of Spin's shit and get over it already or it would be her own fault she lost Spin.

Valerie and Dante sleeping together was ridiculous but it was a mistake and I could forgive them. This shit right here is insane.

• Love 6

But Maxie never acted like it was Ellie's fault and she was just so gosh darn tired of apologizing already and she also never said Ellie should just take all of Spin's shit and get over it already or it would be her own fault she lost Spin.

Valerie and Dante sleeping together was ridiculous but it was a mistake and I could forgive them. This shit right here is insane.

Plus, at this point, Dante's still basically having an affair. Valerie is his go to about everything up to and including telling her about the in vitro stuff. He's confiding intimate details to the woman he cheated with. Whether or not they're actually having sex, he's chosen Valerie over Lulu based on his behavior. What, exactly, has he done to actually attempt to make up for his indiscretion?

And why is Lulu expected to be over this in, what, a week? (Oh, yeah... because he's Sonny's son and 24 hours is the max to be upset about something.)

• Love 10

I'm not talking about Lulu, she has every right to still be furious and distrustful of Dante and Valerie.  And Dante and Valerie are both not acting right.  But Maxie throwing shade given her history just makes me roll my eyes.

• Love 2

Here's hoping Laura moved into Liz's house, because if the boys go to Windermere, I'm not sure I'd want the combination of Spencer and Jake. 

The Lulu/Dante/Valerie stuff is so contrived. It's not even good soap.

And why is Lulu expected to be over this in, what, a week? (Oh, yeah... because he's Sonny's son and 24 hours is the max to be upset about something.)

No one's allowed to be angry about anything for very long. It's so hard on the other person!

• Love 5

I think Maxie can throw shade. She said herself she knows what it's like to be the other woman. She's not erasing any of that... but she certainly is coming from a place of some knowledge in regards to it.

Lulu is her friend. Maxie's done wrong things and she's acknowledged them. She's not sitting on secrets and pretending to be better. She's calling out what she sees as underhanded behavior. Is she wrong about Valerie?

Well... I don't think she's completely wrong. Just because a person has done a bad thing doesn't mean they can't call out someone else for doing bad things, too. Especially if they've actually owned up to them. 

However, just to be clear, Sonny is not allowed to call anyone out for anything ever.

• Love 15

I'm not talking about Lulu, she has every right to still be furious and distrustful of Dante and Valerie.  And Dante and Valerie are both not acting right.  But Maxie throwing shade given her history just makes me roll my eyes.

I was talking about Maxie too though. Like I said, she never acted like Ellie was the bad guy or damn it Ellie didn't forgive her fast enough (although admittedly she has acted that way in other situations.) imo I think Maxie has enough room to throw shade here. 

• Love 1

The Lulu/Dante/Valerie stuff is so contrived. It's not even good soap.

Word, sooo contrived.  It's the full-length version of my least favorite soap trope, an innocent hug is misinterpreted by a jealous partner. 

I was talking about Maxie too though. Like I said, she never acted like Ellie was the bad guy or damn it Ellie didn't forgive her fast enough (although admittedly she has acted that way in other situations.) imo I think Maxie has enough room to throw shade here. 

I could have sworn she went to Ellie and advocated for Spinelli after Ellie memorably intoned, "I got hit by a car while you were cheating on me!",  But maybe I'm remembering wrong.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

I could have sworn she went to Ellie and advocated for Spinelli after Ellie memorably intoned, "I got hit by a car while you were cheating on me!",  But maybe I'm remembering wrong.

That's another trope that's horrible. The person who cheated with the partner goes to the cheated on partner to tell them how awesome the original CHEATING partner actually is and they should totes take him/her back.

What the hell is that about?!

Other than, you know, look at how god-damn NOBLE I am for trying to fix what I helped obliterate! I'm a sparkly unicorn of friendship and love! Yay me!

Edited by Dandesun
  • Love 3

What mystifies me is if the writers' intentions are to make Valerie and Dante sympathetic. It certainly would be easy to do so. Have everyone in town pile up on them. Have Morgan, Michael, and Kristina express shock that the brother they look up to could screw up like this. Have Olivia tell him she's pretty damn ashamed of him. Have Anna act cool towards him next time they see each other, have Laura bitchface him out. Have Maxie tell him that she rooted for him and Lulu and she feels like an idiot now for championing him. Then I would be like, "aw, guys, cut him a break" and I'd feel bad. The other characters telling Dante he's a swell guy and to cut himself a break is not going to make me feel the same thing.

Word, sooo contrived.  It's the full-length version of my least favorite soap trope, an innocent hug is misinterpreted by a jealous partner. 

no, you're probably right. Either way . . . this GH nonsense of letting the (male) cheaters slide is insane. The only exception apparently is if you're Jax and being raped. Then it's unforgiveable!

• Love 6

What mystifies me is if the writers' intentions are to make Valerie and Dante sympathetic. It certainly would be easy to do so. Have everyone in town pile up on them. Have Morgan, Michael, and Kristina express shock that the brother they look up to could screw up like this. Have Olivia tell him she's pretty damn ashamed of him. Have Anna act cool towards him next time they see each other, have Laura bitchface him out. Have Maxie tell him that she rooted for him and Lulu and she feels like an idiot now for championing him. Then I would be like, "aw, guys, cut him a break" and I'd feel bad. The other characters telling Dante he's a swell guy and to cut himself a break is not going to make me feel the same thing.

Maybe that's why I feel a little bad for Valerie, and am a little wary of the Maxie shade.  Because Dante's gonna have plenty of people patting him on the head and trying to buck him up, just like Maxie did every time she fucked up, but Valerie has nobody (her mom died, you know).

But girlfriend could really help me out by offering up one sincere, unqualified apology.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

Spinelli may as well have just been chanting "Pick ME! PICK ME!"

Y'know what Dante deserves at this point? Johnny popping up once a day to throw Olivia and Lulu in his face. At the very least I may have to go find it on YouTube.

• Love 5

Valerie could have had any number of people (if the writers had bothered.) Lulu isn't the only relative. Bobbie's there, Lucas... there are plenty of Spencers, some of which don't even like Luke all that much or his bullshit of the past several years! Valerie's world consists of Dante and Jordan as far as I know. And, really, she's got both of them telling her that everything is okay and she didn't do anything to be all that bothered about.

As for her Mom... so what? As Rocket Raccoon would say 'I don't care if it's mean! Everyone's got dead people!'

• Love 3

Maybe that's why I feel a little bad for Valerie, and am a little wary of the Maxie shade.  Because Dante's gonna have plenty of people patting him on the head and trying to buck him up, just like Maxie did every time she fucked up, but Valerie has nobody (her mom died, you know).

I don't think anyone except Maxie and Lulu are going to yell at her. Nathan and Dillon support her. Jordan acts like Dante practically forced her. As with Dante, I'd probably feel worse for her if someone in a neutral camp acted like she did something wrong.

• Love 3