Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I know that we're supposed to think this but like it isn't really coming off that way to me at all. I blame TC (or the directing I guess) for that more so than the writing. I think it would go a long way in making this story easier to take if I could actually see that Nik really was falling for Hayden.

Nik's a hot mess...I'm not even sure he is capable of knowing what exactly he is feeling, so who knows. And this show always has a problem with telling, and not showing, thats for sure.

That being said, I think somewhere in Nik's scrambled mind I do see genuine affection. I saw it during the dance, I saw hints of it it in the whole scene with him and Hayden at Kelly's, I saw it yesterday before she went to see Patrick. I don't think he's in love yet, or even that near to it just yet, though.

I have noticed that since the new writers have taken over they somehow softened Nik a bit..it's not much, but it's there I think.

Edited by Bawoman
  • Love 1

Well, tbf, he did say he would put a stop to her if she ever hurt anyone he cared about, and it was in direct reference to what Britt did to Lulu. So that didn't shock me all that much.

But the subtext for me - given we know what he's been doing and Lulu doesn't and given Rebecca Budig is actively pursuing her memory against his wishes - is that he's really talking about protecting himself and Liz, that he'll put a stop to her if she tries to hurt them.

I do think there is chemistry between TC and RB, but the foundation for this "rootable romance" is rotted, IMO.

Also, Nikolas still needs to go down and go down HARD for everything he's done in the last year.  I THIRST for his comeuppance and Rebecca Budig breaking up with him is not it.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7

I think it's going to be Nikolas on the phone with Paul. Obviously, if he's sorry*notsorry* about putting a hit on the woman he's starting to wuv-he would have no qualms about ordering Paul to kill Sloane.  I could be wrong in my guessing, I'm wrong a lot in trying to guess what's going on with this show.

But IMO it really isn't going to be a shock/surprise for it to be revealed to be Faison or Helena. Nik is now just dark enough I can buy it-and I've always thought, and still do, that Paul had a hand in the ELQ thing. Of course, stranger on the phone could always turn out to really be Julian. But if it's Nik, my biggest question would be-how does  Hayden fit in? Because I still think she's going to turn out to be Paul's daughter Susan.

Also, Nikolas still needs to go down and go down HARD for everything he's done in the last year.  I THIRST for his comeuppance and Rebecca Budig breaking up with him is not it.

It wouldn't be it for me either, believe me. And I think Nik is in for a WORLD of hurt. But I want Nik to start feeling shame and guilt BEFORE his comeuppance..before people tell him what a shit he is to his face, I want him to realize it on his own. That would truly let me know if the characters is salvagable or not.

I think it's going to be Nikolas on the phone with Paul. Obviously, if he's sorry*notsorry* about putting a hit on the woman he's starting to wuv-he would have no qualms about ordering Paul to kill Sloane.  I could be wrong in my guessing, I'm wrong a lot in trying to guess what's going on with this show.

I still have a fantasy that Hayden frames, or at least makes Nik look guilty for Sloane's death, though I don't think he actually will be guilty. The three just shared too many scenes for it not to mean anything. Hayden knows Sam and Jake know about the election tampering, and that he and Nik were in cahoots together. And in the Floating Rib scene, Hayden certainly made it a point to say that everyone overheard Nik and Sloane arguing. Nik would make a very, very viable suspect.....

Edited by Bawoman
  • Love 2

Oh yeah, I could definitely see Nikolas being framed for Sloane's murder because, of course, he'll be prosecuted for the one crime he didn't commit and eventually get off scot-free.

Which reminds me...Sloane is dead!  *cartwheels down the hall*

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7

It wouldn't be it for me either, believe me. And I think Nik is in for a WORLD of hurt. But I want Nik to start feeling shame and guilt BEFORE his comeuppance..before people tell him what a shit he is to his face, I want him to realize it on his own. That would truly let me know if the characters is salvagable or not.

I still have a fantasy that Hayden frames, or at least makes Nik look guilty for Sloane's death, though I don't think he actually will be guilty. The three just shared too many scenes for it not to mean anything. Hayden knows Sam and Jake know about the election tampering, and that he and Nik were in cahoots together. And in the Floating Rib scene, Hayden certainly made it a point to say that everyone overheard Nik and Sloane arguing. Nik would make a very, very viable suspect.....

Ah, see. You're on to something here, I think. 

Oh yeah, I could definitely see Nikolas being framed for Sloane's murder because, of course, he'll be prosecuted for the one crime he didn't commit and eventually get off scot-free.

Lol, pretty much. We know how soaps work.

Ah, see. You're on to something here, I think.

It would make even more sense if Hayden turns out to be Paul's.

• Love 3

They've gotta link her to someone eventually, and I think Paul makes the most sense. About Nikolas, though. He's awful-but he's the most entertaining he's ever been, for me. I do think he needs to lose, and lose big, but I also don't want him to ever go back to being as boring as he was before.

And I think the darker turn is one that makes sense, considering the Cassadine genes.

• Love 1
He can't actually say, "well I like her now because she's not holding blackmail material over my head and I hope she never remembers it."

I'd have a lot more respect for him if he did say something like this. We'd finally get some honesty out of him.

he's really talking about protecting himself and Liz

I honestly forgot about the Liz part of the equation—I think at this point, Nik is much more concerned that if Hayley remembers about Jakeson, she'll put two and two together about the hit. Or she'll put two and two together about the hit and remember about Jakeson. Either way is trouble for Nik, and he doesn't want to deal with trouble.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2

I liked Gives-no-fucks-ELQ takeover- raw steak for breakfast Nik. And I'm not invested in Jasam, so I can't truly loathe him for keeping the Jason secret (I mean, its still shitty, but I can let it pass). That's where they should have stayed with the character. The hit was just too fucking much. Thanks, Ron!

• Love 1

And I think this is why some are saying GH is on it's last legs. You've got too many characters who have gone to the point where you'd have to say half of them were pod people/under mind control, just to redeem them.  I can buy Nikolas as a bad guy who escapes permanent legal prosecution, but who does, somewhere, sort of still have a bit of a heart. Yes, the hit was horrible, but on a show where Sonny is king? Nikolas is by far, the lesser of two evils. It shouldn't have to be a choice-we should have a few truly "good" guys on this show-but we don't.

• Love 5

Nikolas talking shit about Britt when he's done everything she did (scheming with a psychotic female relative, keeping a parent from their child, etc.) and worse is crazy to me.  I really wish she could swing by for an episode and kick him in his hypocrite balls. 

I was that rare person that felt like Britt was just the woman for him BECAUSE of this.  They had so much in common, and I liked her relationship with Spencer, too.  Show needs a few gray villains and I would buy Nik and Britt in the role - does right most of the time, then is thwarted by not getting a shiny, shiny toy and forced to get sneaky to get it.  I don't mind sneaky, I object strenuously to attempted murder as foreplay. Nik used to love both sides of his family, although neither was a bargain, to be honest.  What happened to that?

• Love 14

Same here. Britt was no prize, but neither is Nik. They both had monsters in their families. I liked the actors and the characters together. I thought Britt was the best partner Nik has had in years. 

(Now I'm permanently dead to jsbt. Oh, well!)

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 14

It won't shock anyone that I agree with Reo and dubbel zout about Nikolas and Britt.  They were destroyed several times over by the time KT left the show, but I was super into them in the beginning and the idea of them as gray characters dealing with their crazy families.

And that seems to be the template they're trying to go with here with Nikolas and Rebecca Budig - especially given the comparisons to Britt made yesterday - except with more slut shaming and attempted murder.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7

Yes, the hit was horrible, but on a show where Sonny is king? Nikolas is by far, the lesser of two evils. It shouldn't have to be a choice-we should have a few truly "good" guys on this show-but we don't.

we do have a choice though, to tune out. And that still doesn't seem to have entered FV's thick skull, even after this spring/summer.

• Love 5

Oh, I know that. I already only watch like, for three characters, and generally zip through everyone else's mess to get to them. What I meant was, it shouldn't be a choice between evil or lesser evil. We should have some good guys AND girls who are also interesting to watch without having to resort to: NIkolas isn't as bad as Sonny, so I can tolerate him.

• Love 2

I was that rare person that felt like Britt was just the woman for him BECAUSE of this.  They had so much in common, and I liked her relationship with Spencer, too.  Show needs a few gray villains and I would buy Nik and Britt in the role - does right most of the time, then is thwarted by not getting a shiny, shiny toy and forced to get sneaky to get it.  I don't mind sneaky, I object strenuously to attempted murder as foreplay. Nik used to love both sides of his family, although neither was a bargain, to be honest.  What happened to that?

Same here. Britt was no prize, but neither is Nik. They both had monsters in their families. I liked the actors and the characters together. I thought Britt was the best partner Nik has had in years. 

(Now I'm permanently dead to jsbt. Oh, well!)

It won't shock anyone that I agree with Reo and dubbel zout about Nikolas and Britt.  They were destroyed several times over by the time KT left the show, but I was super into them in the beginning and the idea of them as gray characters dealing with their crazy families.

And that seems to be the template they're trying to go with here with Nikolas and Rebecca Budig - especially given the comparisons to Britt made yesterday - except with more slut shaming and attempted murder.

Add in Haus Nutmeg. At this stage, Britt is too good for Nik. We'd like to see her back for Spencer's sake and to give Brad his BFF back.

It's tempting to ask for Britt to be paired with Morgan, but if it means going into the growing Sonnyverse, then aw hell no.

(Which is my standard answer for getting the young actress who played Flashback!Bobbie to come back. She doesn't deserve to be in the stench of the Show.)

• Love 4

It's tempting to ask for Britt to be paired with Morgan, but if it means going into the growing Sonnyverse, then aw hell no.

I've said this before too, but once the pairing with Nikolas was torched, I really wanted to see Britt with a Chris Ramsey from "Port Charles" type, a rascally doctor she could pair up with for light scheming and hot sex.

• Love 3

I can live with Nik as the Dark Prince, and even can spin a way for him to get away with it all: (The writers revive the nation of Malcout where David Gray was from and it is revealed that the Cassadines are actually the ancestral rulers of the land, ta-da Nik has diplomatic immunity) I have a bigger problem with Paul being a cold blooded killer. Unless Nik is holding Jenny or her and Paul's son. I can also deal with "Darby" being a code name for Paul's daughter, whose real name escapes me.

Still the show will be out of balance, with Sonny and Nik representing evil and no one capable on the side of good. Lucky is badly needed here and I hope he is who the recast is for. I can even live with some Lucky/Jason bromance as they take on  Sonny and Nik. Note it is always take on, they defeat the schemes but not the men, which keeps all sides on the canvas...al la the Dimera's over at DOOL

• Love 2
I've said this before too, but once the pairing with Nikolas was torched, I really wanted to see Britt with a Chris Ramsey from "Port Charles" type, a rascally doctor she could pair up with for light scheming and hot sex.

That's probably what they were trying to do with Britt and Patrick, except they forgot Patrick was married. Though it was during his Douche King reign.

Sonny and Nik representing evil

I really wish Nik would take on Sonny. I know the Corinthos peasant is beneath him, but it would be so great to watch Nik crush Sonny. Even if it lasted only a minute, since Sonny can never permanently lose. Too bad it wouldn't be a cage match to the death.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2

They made no attempt to hide Teresa's baby today. Michael going back to using Corinthos last name is disgusting, that baby better have the last name Santiago or Quartermaine.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 1

If one can judge from the previews, it looks like Michael is truly becoming Sonny's son. He's already yelling at Sabrina for not telling him she was pregnant, and, even in PC time, it's only been a couple of days since she "officially" found out. As little as I care about her having a baby, I still find it offensive that he's  yelling at her. Shame on you, Show! 

• Love 1

They made no attempt to hide Teresa's baby today. Michael going back to using Corinthos last name is disgusting, that baby better have the last name Santiago or Quartermaine.

Did he move out of the Q mansion? 

who could be on the phone with Hayden? Hopefully it is Tracey.. Maybe she could be working to get ELQ back. Michael has really turned into Sonny. Someone needs to shoot him in the head. Tracey told Sabrina Carlos was in the mob , a bad guy. what's Michael chopped liver. No matter what , Sabrina will be in the mob. Her babys father is bad. At least Carlos was funny. . I stayed home and watched some no Sonny so I didn't shut it off. So this is the NEW writers . Same church, different pews. HAve to go take a nap . I have a bad cold.

Ellie is awesome for staying away from this mess of a town.

I got a kick out of Tracy's reaction to "Michael Corinthos"; the previews seem like he's gonna live down to that name.

• Love 1

Very disappointed that Hayden didn't beat Liez with a bedpan. And really, Liez, if you think Hayden is lying about having amnesia why are you harassing her when she would have the power to blow up your spot? What a fucking dumbass. Can't wait for this stale box of fruit loops to be exposed. 

• Love 8

Tracy was the best part of the show today. I liked Jordan not buying Paul's eager beaver act.

For goodness' sake, can't they just have Anna confess and then have the guvn'r give her a pardon for shutting down all the speakeasies in Port Charles or something?

I HATE that they are making this a who's-the-daddy (or is it definitely Carlos' baby?). I didn't mind a Michael and Sabrina baby and I thought a young couple who got a baby too soon could be an interesting tale of them dealing (or not) with it.

Ellie is awesome for staying away from this mess of a town.

I got a kick out of Tracy's reaction to "Michael Corinthos"; the previews seem like he's gonna live down to that name.

I didn't think Michael seemed that harsh with Sabrina - he's probably panicking, I'll give him some slack. Since apparently also Sabrina has been lying to him this whole time about one last time with Carlos.

• Love 3

I haven't seen today - when is Sabrina claiming this one-nighter with Carrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlos happened?

Also, I hear Patrick referred Anna to Kevin today?  Oh my yes to Kevin and Anna scenes.  KEVIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 2
I didn't think Michael seemed that harsh with Sabrina - he's probably panicking, I'll give him some slack. Since apparently also Sabrina has been lying to him this whole time about one last time with Carlos.

I haven't seen the ep yet, but I'm never good with men berating women about getting pregnant, no matter the circumstances. And Michael has been such a turd lately that I'm disinclined to feel differently once I do watch.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3

I haven't seen today - when is Sabrina claiming this one-nighter with Carrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlos happened?

Also, I hear Patrick referred Anna to Kevin today?  Oh my yes to Kevin and Anna scenes.  KEVIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She didn't say anything, she just had a flashback to Carlos sex, it seems like from when he asked her for help to get away.

Hadn't she started dating Michael at that point?  Ugh, I feel like the timing of this is going to annoy the fuuuck out of me.  There was no need to make this a WTD.

To be fair, there was no need to make this a pregnancy story.

• Love 15

Hadn't she started dating Michael at that point?  Ugh, I feel like the timing of this is going to annoy the fuuuck out of me.  There was no need to make this a WTD.

It's possible it's just simply Carlos' baby. Lame.

• Love 1

Gawd, and you know Carly will come storming into Sabrina's at some point to call her a whore, never minding her own pregnancy foibles.  Ugh.

And yet, she'll continue to be fine with Kiki.

• Love 6

There is no chance this baby is Carrrrrrlos', just out of curiosity I looked up clips of Anna shooting Carlos, and it happened in May. So Sabrina would have to be about 5 months along. If she could be oblivious to her pregnancy for that long, I really must insist on a review of her nursing final exam-- Britt was right all along, Sabrina must have cheated.

The Hayden stuff is ridiculous. She keeps talking about having no memory and no knowledge of work history, but she never even considers going back to her home town. They also haven't had her talk to Ric, who brought her to town. The stupid with this show sometimes.

• Love 3

There is no chance this baby is Carrrrrrlos', just out of curiosity I looked up clips of Anna shooting Carlos, and it happened in May. So Sabrina would have to be about 5 months along. If she could be oblivious to her pregnancy for that long, I really must insist on a review of her nursing final exam-- Britt was right all along, Sabrina must have cheated.

The Hayden stuff is ridiculous. She keeps talking about having no memory and no knowledge of work history, but she never even considers going back to her home town. They also haven't had her talk to Ric, who brought her to town. The stupid with this show sometimes.

But it sounds like the sex and the timeline was a retcon. So it IS possible due to that the kid will pop out rolling his Rs and wailing dramatically like his or her father, Carrrrrrrrrlos.

And in one of the mags, I guess it was said TeCa says she tells MyKill about the spawn (being ready to pop, I guess she has no choice) but fails to mention her hook up with Carrrrrrrrrrrrrrlos.

So it can easily be his kid.

IDEC I really love the Tracy/Sabrina friendship. They're so great together. 

I think TeCa is kinda knocking it out of the park currently. I'm really enjoying how she's playing this whole thing. That being said, this story sucks and is dumb and is the worst and is stupid. OK, they wrote in TeCa's pregnancy, fine whatever, but why the ever loving fuck are we getting a WTD out of it, too? Like please just stop with this bullshit piling on of plots that are not needed. This story could've actually been decent, good even, but now it's just shitty, like everything else. Sigh.

Michael is truly deadtome. Answering the phone with "Michael Corinthos" sealed it. And then him yelling at Sabrina in the promo just solidified it. But, and I've said this before, damn if CD isn't looking fine as fuck lately. Sigh again.

I don't remember anything else that happened tbh.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 7

IDEC I really love the Tracy/Sabrina friendship. They're so great together. 

I think TeCa is kinda knocking it out of the park currently. I'm really enjoying how she's playing this whole thing. That being said, this story sucks and is dumb and is the worst and is stupid. OK, they wrote in TeCa's pregnancy, fine whatever, but why the ever loving fuck are we getting a WTD out of it, too? Like please just stop with this bullshit piling on of plots that are not needed. This story could've actually been decent, good even, but now it's just shitty, like everything else. Sigh.

Michael is truly deadtome. Answering the phone with "Michael Corinthos" sealed it. And then him yelling at Sabrina in the promo just solidified it. But, and I've said this before, damn if CD isn't looking fine as fuck lately. Sigh again.

I don't remember anything else that happened tbh.

Spin waxed poetic about how Jason is pretty much the greatest thing that ever happened to him, and the greatest friend, even though I'm pretty sure the two of them never actually hung out outside of "work".* I can't believe you blocked that out!

*oh, wait, there was the wedding.

• Love 1

Michael is truly deadtome. Answering the phone with "Michael Corinthos" sealed it. And then him yelling at Sabrina in the promo just solidified it. 

Cancel this shit, burn down the studio, whatever because I no longer give one flying fuck about this show.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 9

Spin waxed poetic about how Jason is pretty much the greatest thing that ever happened to him, and the greatest friend, even though I'm pretty sure the two of them never actually hung out outside of "work".* I can't believe you blocked that out!

*oh, wait, there was the wedding.

I did indeed block that out, as I try to do with any and all Spinelli scenes. Thanks for the reminder!

• Love 1