Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

If GH is cancelled, in, let's say, within a year, do we think that they might hire yet another writer to wrap it up (by which I mean, Guza probably)?

The truth? I think their idea of a sop to the audience will be bringing Ron back. I am 50% positive that will happen if and when they cancel the show. They are entirely too plugged into the online/social media scene and think it's much bigger than it is for GH.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 1

"He was so brave, and so strong! And now he's suffering!" - T.J., on me

If TJ takes out a packet of metamucil next time he's on, we'll at least know he's been possessed by Duke.

The truth? I think their idea of a sop to the audience will be bringing Ron back. I am 50% positive that will happen if and when they cancel the show.

uuugh, well it's better than Megan McTavish I guess, or even Guza, who would end the show on Sonny and Jason in a diner about to get shot.

• Love 6

No way did Sonny write that much, in complete sentences no less. No. Freaking. Way.

TJ's a college freshman. Maybe he wrote it for Sonny.

I mean, if Max (or was it Milo) can carry Emily upstairs for him, then TJ can write his wedding vows.

• Love 3

The truth? I think their idea of a sop to the audience will be bringing Ron back. I am 50% positive that will happen if and when they cancel the show. They are entirely too plugged into the online/social media scene and think it's much bigger than it is for GH.

Bringing back Ron to "end" the show would make me vomit.

• Love 2

No way did Sonny write that much, in complete sentences no less. No. Freaking. Way.

Reminds me of the time when Sonny figured out that Derek Wells was Julian Jerome and he sped-read like 20 pages of documentation in like 10 seconds. Yeah, right. Didn't believe it then, don't believe it now.

Say, that's gotta be Kristina Sam is surprised by in the previews, right? I probably will watch just to see Lexi.

If that's true though, why was Sam's tone of voice so nasty? "What the hell are you doing here?" with a side of sneer. I thought it has to be Ric based on those clues alone. Who else does Sam utterly despise?

Can someone please make Dante shave? The only good part of today was the two seconds of Sante I got. I don't ship them as a couple, I just really like it when they have scenes. But the Dante bedside trauma, the freaking MONTAGE of CarSon reminiscing about their other 20 million weddings, the Maxie propping of them, the SERIAL KILLER and WOMB ROBBER, the Liz freaking out and pretending to tell Jake the truth when we all know she won't? Just NO, a thousand times NO.

• Love 4

Bite your tongue!! I will go ape shit on this show if that happens! Positively ape shit! He'd end the show with a one-hour tribute to Richard Simons!!

I think, money-wise, they wouldn't bring him back. I also think that for some at ABC who had to deal with all the social media complaints about Ron (ok, maybe that's just Varni who had to deal with that, but still) they are kinda relieved that the headache that is Ron is gone.  I mean, yes, he has that pilot he's working on, but I kinda feel like they gave him that and told him to go sit in a corner and write it, and that nothing will come of it.  There's already one show knocking off the 80s on primetime tv right now, and I have no idea what else Ron would be able to write about that isn't already copyrighted.

Has any of the 15,000 soaps that have been canceled over the past 15 years brought a former head writer to wrap it up?

The fuck was that shit with the Carly/Sonny flashbacks. Get the fuck outta here with that! Although, like someone else mentioned, it was kinda fun to see LW's changing looks.

I tried to watch the Nathan/Maxie scenes but I just couldn't. Ditto the Liz/Jason scenes.

Obviously I fast forwarded the Nina/Franco bs. But Ric looks really good in glasses.

I watched the Dante/Sonny scenes with my eyes closed just because sometimes DZ's emotional scenes embarrass me. Dante had some great lines, but some really annoying ones, too.

• Love 3

Bringing back Ron to "end" the show would make me vomit.

I'd take him over Guza, since it'd mean we'd see characters besides Jason, Carly, and Sonny.

Has any of the 15,000 soaps that have been canceled over the past 15 years brought a former head writer to wrap it up?

They brought back Lorraine Broderick to write the last few months of AMC.

• Love 4

I'd take him over Guza, since it'd mean we'd see characters besides Jason, Carly, and Sonny.

Yes, we'd see Dr. O and Sabrina sing "You Are Not Alone" together with Hells and Faison doing an interpretive dance in the background.

I'll take Guza.

• Love 4

If that's true though, why was Sam's tone of voice so nasty? "What the hell are you doing here?" with a side of sneer. I thought it has to be Ric based on those clues alone. Who else does Sam utterly despise?

To fake us out? I dunno.

I don't think so, but I think if it is cancelled the main stream media will pay it some attention, they might work up enough of a damn to want the soap of "Luke and Laura"* fame to end half-way decently.

*Not sorry, Tony Geary!

• Love 4

I'll take Guza too. Aesthetically and artistically I think he'd do a better job.

But, admittedly, I also would for purely selfish reasons.  Ron's probably the only living former GH writer who would pair up Robert and Anna with others for a supposed "HEA."  At least Guza would ignore them.

I was thinking of Broderick and Agnes Nixon working on the end of AMC, yes. I can see them doing it again (ABC bringing back an old writer, that is).

Guza is now buddies with Steven Soderbergh, I don't think he's coming back.

Edited by jsbt

Yes, we'd see Dr. O and Sabrina sing "You Are Not Alone" together with Hells and Faison doing an interpretive dance in the background.

I'll take Guza.

Anders Hove shuffling in the background would be pretty funny though . . . :runs:

I think I'd have to come down slightly on the side of Ron though. I don't think he would have all his characters at the end. I don't know why I think that, but I do. I think maybe because he is vain and once the show was cancelled, he would at least want people and the media saying what a great finale it was.

• Love 2

Dante spent half his life looking for his father? I don't recall ever hearing that again. But at least he's berating Sonny for his lifestyle, even if it's too little too late and a Sonny can't hear him. It's just a real shame that they're going to revive Sonny. And really, theses flashbacks? I suppose were supposed to see Sonny and Carly as some great love story for the ages. Sorry, I'm not buying it.

What I am seeing is that Mo has put on some weight. He's looking kinda pudgy lying in that hospital bed.

• Love 1

But, admittedly, I also would for purely selfish reasons.  Ron's probably the only living former GH writer who would pair up Robert and Anna with others for a supposed "HEA."  At least Guza would ignore them.

I disagree, Ron would put Anna and Robert together.  He was all set to triangle them with Duke - and probably have Robert win - when Frank gambled and lost on TR bailing since he was only recurring.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2
I think I'd have to come down slightly on the side of Ron though. I don't think he would have all his characters at the end. I don't know why I think that, but I do. I think maybe because he is vain and once the show was cancelled, he would at least want people and the media saying what a great finale it was.

Either that, or his final shot would be of Franco and Nina's wedding.  It could go either way, probably.

I'll take Guza too. Aesthetically and artistically I think he'd do a better job.

But, admittedly, I also would for purely selfish reasons. Ron's probably the only living former GH writer who would pair up Robert and Anna with others for a supposed "HEA." At least Guza would ignore them.

Yup. Say what you will about Guza, but the show was better written, had romance, and wasn't completely outlandish under him. Ron was the downfall of this show starting in 2013. Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 6

Either that, or his final shot would be of Franco and Nina's wedding.  It could go either way, probably.

The final, OTP of Ford and chandelier (oh Chandy!) gives me faith.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

So, the question is whether Ron's vanity would win over his vindictiveness. Because you know he blames us partisan fans for his dismissal. We're the meddling kids who drove our van into his abandoned amusement park.

Because you know he might just end the show with loving but Franco and Nina re-enacting Todd and Lisa from SNL to piss us all off.

• Love 2

So, the question is whether Ron's vanity would win over his vindictiveness. Because you know he blames us partisan fans for his dismissal. We're the meddling kids who drove our van into his abandoned amusement park.

Because you know he might just end the show with loving but Franco and Nina re-enacting Todd and Lisa from SNL to piss us all off.

He would be vindictive. He doesn't even know what the fans want.

• Love 2

I disagree, Ron would put Anna and Robert together.  He was all set to triangle them with Duke - and probably have Robert win - when Frank gambled and lost on TR bailing since he was only recurring.

I wish that were true. But he flat out told Robert and Holly and Duke and Anna fans not to worry because the "right" couples would win out in the end.

And one of his last tweets was dedicating to telling us that in his world Robert and Holly were together and that Holly wasn't supposed to have been on a con when Ethan was kidnapped.  Except, it ain't his world anymore, and that never made it on screen, even as a reference.

I'm gonna start a kickstarter fund to have Sri Rao brought in to wrap it up.

Ok, how does one start a kickstarter fund?

TJ's a college freshman. Maybe he wrote it for Sonny.

I mean, if Max (or was it Milo) can carry Emily upstairs for him, then TJ can write his wedding vows.

It was Max.

And I laughed when Sonny's monitors started wailing after Dante told Sonny that being shot was his own damn fault. Sonny throws a hissy fit when criticized even while he's unconscious.

• Love 17

I wish that were true. But he flat out told Robert and Holly and Duke and Anna fans not to worry because the "right" couples would win out in the end.

And one of his last tweets was dedicating to telling us that in his world Robert and Holly were together and that Holly wasn't supposed to have been on a con when Ethan was kidnapped. Except, it ain't his world anymore, and that never made it on screen, even as a reference.

I'm gonna start a kickstarter fund to have Sri Rao brought in to wrap it up.

Ok, how does one start a kickstarter fund?

This is the same man who wrote a heartwarming family scene with Dr. O/Faison/Britt while he had Robin chained to a wall. He didn't give a crap about Anna and Robert.

• Love 2

AWAT did a pretty good job of ushering the characters off on a high note. I have no such feeling about the current GH trajectory

Okay all you eagle-eyed viewers, who is the guy in the photo with Maxie on her mantle? There are two photos, one of Maxie and Georgie, and one of Maxie with a bearded guy. I paused and got real close to the TV but still couldn't figure it out. It can't be Nathan because the chin is too pointy. Nathan was actually standing next to the photo so I was able to compare pretty well. I thought it might be Brandon, but again, the pointy chin.

I'd settle for temporary paralysis at this point. Anything that doesn't immediately return Sonny to status quo.

Show wouldn't allow it, but I would like to see the denouement of all the schmoopy Carly/Sonny love scenes in an ironic twist where he begins to recover, she's over the moon sentimentally lurving him, they marry at the hospital, and they come back home to...heart-breaking, frustrating,  infuriating impotence and a paralysis for him that stubbornly resists improvement. Carly deserts him, after violent fights and thrown barware. Sonny is cuckolded openly; Carly lives with a hot younger guy. Sonny descends into bitterness, sexual frustration, and madness.

Francs and Neens are the other romantic schmoopy couple littering the landscape... a violent baby kidnapper and a serial killer rapist. Franco said today that they can be together 4-evah now that all the bad people are gone from their lives. But something tells me the two mothers-in-law, Heather and Donna Mills, will be out there, perpetually lurking.

Why are these violent nasty couples being celebrated and rewarded with sentimental propping as the heartbeat of Port Charles?

• Love 5

Julian at least has Sam and Alexis in his camp. Ric had Madeleine. Sorta. Ric tormenting Nina was creepy and, yes, a bad thing but to now have him be so inept around the town's two certifiables is so stupid. 

This show is trying to kill me, too. Carly in a church having Sonny flashbacks. I may never recover.

Thanks for reminding me. I will delete without watching I just ate and want to keep it down. Did the schrew actually have the nerve to pray for the killer , and the roof didn't cave in .?One good thing for you, you didn't have to listen to mumbles stutter ?

• Love 1

Show wouldn't allow it, but I would like to see the denouement of all the schmoopy Carly/Sonny love scenes in an ironic twist where he begins to recover, she's over the moon sentimentally lurving him, they marry at the hospital, and they come back home to...heart-breaking, frustrating,  infuriating impotence and a paralysis for him that stubbornly resists improvement. Carly deserts him, after violent fights and thrown barware. Sonny is cuckolded openly; Carly lives with a hot younger guy. Sonny descends into bitterness, sexual frustration, and madness.

p-bird, you're preaching to the choir here and I like it. But who should be the younger man? Maybe it can be an unknown son of AJ? Who later dumps Carly at the altar.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4

AWAT did a pretty good job of ushering the characters off on a high note. I have no such feeling about the current GH trajectory

At this point this show should have a little house on the prairie ending. Just blow up the town only with everyone still in it.

• Love 4

Maxie sniffling over Sonny is ridiculous. I'm sorry to be a whiny nitpicker, but sometimes it's the little things

I actually gave Maxie a pass for this (as much as I can under the circumstances).  She's been in town for years, knows all the players, was pretty close to Jason for awhile because of the Spin and Sam connection.  She was at the wedding when bloody Jake showed up, that in itself would make someone emotional.  So I was fine with it.  It was better than someone like say, Valerie, who's been in town for two minutes and knows nothing about no one.  

Not every character is like Franco,

It sounds very weird every time Franco says it.  And it sounded weird hearing Dante say it, but I will say DZ said it in such a way that it seemed as though he felt uncomfortable saying it.  

• Love 2

I'm going to try to hang in a while longer for any potential story or exit for some of my favorite vets, like Genie or Lynn Herring,.

I really hope Genie changed her number, and Frank can't figure out why the number she left him rings a Pizza Hut in Springfield . . .

• Love 5

This is the same man who wrote a heartwarming family scene with Dr. O/Faison/Britt while he had Robin chained to a wall. He didn't give a crap about Anna and Robert.

Again, I disagree.  Especially in an endgame scenario, Robin would be back and with Patrick, Anna (with Duke dead) with Robert.

I mean, when OLTL ended, he gave fans what they wanted - Ford impaled on a chandelier and nobody really caring.

• Love 6

Thanks for reminding me. I will delete without watching I just ate and want to keep it down. Did the schrew actually have the nerve to pray for the killer , and the roof didn't cave in .?One good thing for you, you didn't have to listen to mumbles stutter ?

She did at least admit that God might not put Carly's requests at the top of this list. 

I still cannot believe this is what the show is doing to allegedly get back on track: putting Sonny in peril. 

I believe Angel and Sonny did not actually sleep together, so I left her out on purpose.

They had a brief fling.

I wonder if Dante will even talk to Olivia about being at the pier at the same time Julian was. Probably not, since the woman never lies. Oh, wait....

Maxie sniffling over Sonny is ridiculous.

I know. It would be more in character for her to bemoan all of her work being for naught, not sobbing over Sonny getting shot for the umpteenth time. Maxie doesn't care about Sonny one way or the other.

I get that they are desperately (and I mean DESPARETLY) trying to lure in/back all the Sonny/Carly fans with this garbage, but do they have to give a middle finger to the viewers who don't like them?

Limit the people crying over Sonny to Morgan and Carly, with a little Dante and Michael thrown in. It's absurd that the entire town is sitting vigil.

It cracked me up when Morgan got all accusatory and asked Michael if he thought the bipolar was talking, and Michael said, "Yeah." 

Guza is now buddies with Steven Soderbergh, I don't think he's coming back.

I don't think I'll ever get over this.

The kid playing Jake is beyond terrible. If we'd gotten some clue that he'd been brainwashed by Helena, I could deal with the total lack of naturalness, but we've had no clue that is true.

It's ridiculous that Patrick has to apologize for thinking killing is wrong.

But I loved re-seeing all of the different looks that Laura has sported over the years.

I forgot her hair was so long.

Poor Rick Hearst. I hope his agent is working very hard to get him another job.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5

Again, I disagree. Especially in an endgame scenario, Robin would be back and with Patrick, Anna (with Duke dead) with Robert.

I mean, when OLTL ended, he gave fans what they wanted - Ford impaled on a chandelier and nobody really caring.

It's all good! I just don't trust him. And Robin with Patrick is no happy ending in my book. Patrick falling down an elevator shaft, on the other hand....

It was better than someone like say, Valerie, who's been in town for two minutes and knows nothing about no one.

"Oh, Dante, I know the pain of watching a parent in the hospital.  I hate that you have to worry about your father like i had to worry about my mother before she died! Do you need sex?" 

• Love 9

It's all good! I just don't trust him. And Robin with Patrick is no happy ending in my book. Patrick falling down an elevator shaft, on the other hand....

Thank you for saying. Patrick is a sick and Robin deserves much better. I never felt PatPrick was Robin's OTP and the past few years simple solidified it.

Ron never understood that sometimes you could to so much damage that there was no return. It always thought he could fix it. Thus the ever popular "because,..reasons", "because,.. of course" and "Helena".

• Love 2

Again, I disagree.  Especially in an endgame scenario, Robin would be back and with Patrick, Anna (with Duke dead) with Robert.

I would agree with most of this but I think Ron was partial in his own backwards-ass, mostly offscreen way to Robert and Holly/Duke and Anna, so I think it's also very likely he would've had the stones to resurrect Duke again for the last few weeks to give Duke and Anna some weak HEA.

AFAIK Sonny and Angel never slept together.

Edited by jsbt

"Oh, Dante, I know the pain of watching a parent in the hospital.  I hate that you have to worry about your father like i had to worry about my mother before she died! Do you need sex?" 

"What?"

"Nevermind. Nothing. I didn't say anything. Just forget it." :looks teary:

from what I saw of today's show: 

that was a really really unflattering angle to poor BC's nose when he was leaning over Sonny's gurney.

Morgan: if you die before I get a chance to prove I'm a better son, Jerome will pay.

I think the student has almost overcome the master he kneels before in the "how can I make this all about me" stakes.

During the Dante/Sam/Patrick scenes I just thought how much I'd prefer to watch the three actors making fun of the script.

No, seriously, why doesn't anyone give Morgan a sedative?

Becky looked beautiful in the end shot of Liz and Jason, with her eyes cast down. They have chemistry. Sigh. What an utter, horrible, character-grinding waste of a story this has been.

• Love 7

I never felt PatPrick was Robin's OTP and the past few years simple solidified it.

Right!? How could he EVER be considered her OTP with this current storyline, especially. Locked up for a year and counting and he's not even concerned that he or his daughter haven't spoken to her in that period. I'm pretty sure Jakeson!!! has talked about or had more visions of her.

Edited by HeatLifer

Again, I'm not talking about the current story, I'm talking about an endgame scenario that you spent the last few months of the show's life building to.  Stone's dead, Jason would be with Sam, so yeah, Patrick would be the obvious choice.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

Again, I'm not talking about the current story, I'm talking about an endgame scenario that you spent the last few months of the show's life building to.  Stone's dead, Jason would be with Sam, so yeah, Patrick would be the obvious choice.

There's still Casey, I suppose.

• Love 3

They brought back Lorraine Broderick to write the last few months of AMC.

Speaking of which, this series ending speech by Tad is what Ron hoped his series ending speech on OLTL would be:

https://youtu.be/XwPLMNTok7g?t=29m22s

My eyes well up at "who sadly can't."

That speech encapsulates what soaps mean and why they touch at our heartstrings so. Why invest. Even now, why we care about a show that we currently hate, at least in this state.  Why we know the names of head writers and mid-level network executive flunkies.

And that's another selfish reason why I would cry, probably genuinely cry, if Ron got to oversee the final show of GH. Many disagree with me, and I respect everyone's opinion on this. My very strong, even visceral, opinion is that Ron's attempts at heartfelt speeches are as paint-by-numbers as his plots. They are as also as meaningless and empty. But if it so does be, I'll still have my very favorite memories.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 1