Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

If Sabrina is too weak to keep Sonny away from the baby, and Michael is so adamant that Sonny should not see the baby, why not get an immediate court order to make Sonny stay away at least a certain distance from her?

Since Ric told Sonny that his petition to check into the judge's impartiality succeeded, are we going to see a new hearing now, but this time the dirty duo will furnish evidence that Michael was drinking and fighting in public around the baby? Even so, that charge does not seem to be in the same serious category as the dangers that Sonny put his children into. I see the baby inevitably being taken by the child welfare division in NY. Could a stranger then adopt her privately, and AJ would be lost to the Quartermaines and the Corinthii forever? This just can't end well, no matter whose side you are on.

• Love 4

Ron likes his Re Ronning of history way too much. I fully expect both Sonny and Micheal to be knocked out of the custody race. Kiki and Morgan were dumb enough to tell a guy "Film Micheal calling us jobless with no education while we are all over each other in a restaurant. " They're out too. Julian just got charges for murder and kidnapping dropped. He's out. Ava nor Silas will be able to take custody. So my guess?

Ron twists history to "repeat" itself. Carly (I'm speculating ) will get Jake/Jason and his Not Wife GreenHayLee to take Avery Jay. While Ava, all sick probably tells Silas that the kid isn't a Corinthos. So then Ron gets his complete AJ Quartermaine ReRon and intrest in Ava's scenes again. And then Jake/Jason can have memories of taking care of Micheal as a baby. Because it's great he remembers Sam, but he does need to fuzz a few more people out. Shrug. Micheal seems like the next person he will.

So happy that Michael in his drunk/drugged state finally told Morgan to quit with the "Mikey" crap. It's repulsive how much Morgan and Kiki are enjoying drugging Michael. I'm so looking forward to the comeuppance that Morgan and Kiki so richly deserve. 

I've never been a Kiki fan, but this actress is just playing her so differently than KA. It's like the core of the character changed when the actress changed.

Thank goodness the Luke/Fluke mystery is over. Now if they can just get on with the Jakeson reveal. 

• Love 1

Since Ric told Sonny that his petition to check into the judge's impartiality succeeded, are we going to see a new hearing now, but this time the dirty duo will furnish evidence that Michael was drinking and fighting in public around the baby? Even so, that charge does not seem to be in the same serious category as the dangers that Sonny put his children into. I see the baby inevitably being taken by the child welfare division in NY. Could a stranger then adopt her privately, and AJ would be lost to the Quartermaines and the Corinthii forever? This just can't end well, no matter whose side you are on.

Avery should have been handed over to child services as soon as the cops got her from Nina.

• Love 1
(edited)

He's also treating Rebecca Budig pretty shitty, which...we know she's a con, but he doesn't, you know?

This. I get that RC and co. want us to be like, "But she's a lying whore," but Jason, Liz, and Carly do not know that and it makes them look shitty to treat her so badly. Especially Jason. My Jason hate is reaching it's highest point again. Ugh.

I thought it would have been great to have him, say, working at the hospital as a custodian, or maybe a new driver/bodyguard for the Quartermaines - have him get to know Monica, Tracy, Michael. Rediscover that world. When Jake first woke up he was briefly fascinated by the pictures of Alan, A.J., etc. Give him scenes with Leslie Charleson and the other Qs, let him do new things while also, say, befriending Carly or other people connected to Jason Morgan, and then have him be faced with reconciling who he is now (and once was, long ago) to his old life in the mob. Instead he is literally repeating all the same stuff I never gave a shit about Jason Morgan doing.

If they insisted on having Jakeson become entrenched in Jason's old life then they should've done this. Have him grow close to both the Q side and the Morgan side of Jason. Then there would be actual conflict that's interesting when he remembers and not just "Oh noes, I love Sam and Liz!"

He looked ridiculous. Michael has every right to be angry, but CD just looks laughable to me here.

Yea, CD is pretty bad at playing angry/drugged in the face. I think his physicality is pretty good though, if a little much. Like what did those assholes give him? He is way OTT drugged.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1
Like what did those assholes give him? He is way OTT drugged.

He's also had two whiskeys. That was why Dumb and Dumber were making out in public, so that Michael would get angry (WHY? Those two are morons) and drink and cause an interaction with the drugs. 

(edited)

I feel like he was still acting a little too drugged even before that, like even just the pills were causing him to be heavily drugged. Assholes.

ETA: I was SO annoyed that Michael even gave a fuck about Kiki/Morgan making out. So stupid. I'll just blame the drugs.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3

Except for that mean Valerie who is pissed off just because he killed her mom and terrorized her.  GAWD, does that woman have NO FEELING?  

Valerie and her cousin Michael should get together to lament their shitty families and how everyone expects them to "get over" the deaths of their parents. I know Pats heart gave out, so it's not exactly the same thing, but the fact that everyone thinks she should just be ok since Luke "didn't really mean it" is laughable.

• Love 9

Valerie has plenty of reasons to be mad at Luke without Pat dying. I wish they'd focus on those concrete actions, as they are harder to wave away than maybe Luke causing Pat's heart to give out. Plus, Luke doesn't need one more thing to bravely take the blame for. UGH. Ron turns everyone into such martyrs, which is made worse by the chorus of people patting them on the head saying it's all okay.

• Love 11
(edited)

Valerie has plenty of reasons to be mad at Luke without Pat dying.

Seriously, Luke spent a day terrorizing her, perving on her, and threatening to kill her.  And that was, what, 24, 48 hours ago?  Why the hell should she get over it, especially since she has no "nice memories" of Luke like Tracy and Lulu do?

And again, I'm reminded of this snippet from Ron's recent interview with Daytime Confidential...

He has a lot he has to answer for, not necessarily to the law, but to the people he purports to love and care about. Can Bobbie (Jackie Zeman) accept this is her brother, albeit sick in the head? Can Tracy (Jane Elliot) accept the guy that treated her so badly was really Luke? Can Lulu (Emme Rylan) accept this man is the father she loves? Luke's journey going forward will be seeking forgiveness and redemption.

...because none of that is happening on-screen.  Tracy and Lulu and Bobbie have already, immediately, without hesitation, forgiven him, are shushing him when he expresses regret, are flummoxed by the idea that he'll have to pay for the crimes he committed.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 12
(edited)

It's just more of recycled storytelling. Valerie is getting a variation of the "Lucky treatment." When Tracy found out Luke had run over Jake, her concern was for Luke's feelings and future - the pain of Luke's own son over the loss of his child barely registered. Lulu's reaction wasn't much better. JMB didn't have scenes of Lulu raging about the pain of the loss of her nephew or the pain her dad caused her brother. Instead, she was all "please get over yourself because I need my daddy in my life, and I know you can make it happen because Dad loves you best." I'm pretty sure neither Tracy nor Lulu said to Elizabeth and/or Lucky even once, "Luke/Dad was reckless/drunk and killed your son. There is no excuse for that. I am deeply sorry for your loss."   Tracy and Lulu are so focused on the voids they feel in their lives (T: a man who will love her and put her first. L: a loving, there-for-her father or paternal presence) and desperate for Luke to be that man that other peoples' anger and pain gets brushed aside or is deemed unreasonable and/or selfish. Unfortunately, that happens too often in real life as well.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 8

I'm dreading today's show because I just can't with any of the Luke stuff. Has anyone in the whole world actually cared about this whole convoluted story? Does anyone still care about Luke and his drama? Does anyone think this good tv and good acting? I honestly don't know, because it seems like most of us are (or have been) over it, and I never read any other forums since you all told me how awful they can be - I just don't have room for anymore rage in my life!

• Love 3
(edited)

I feel like he was still acting a little too drugged even before that, like even just the pills were causing him to be heavily drugged. Assholes.

I am hoping that the two morons did go too far and gave Michael something that he can't tolerate or is allergic to. He collapses in Mama Bear Carly's arms at the Metro court, and she's shrieking for the ER...where his overdose of illegal meds is discovered and his stomach is pumped, and boy howdy are the Moron twins in trouble for attempted murder or at least assault.

"But it was a joke, Your Honor!" [The Morons bleat together...]

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 5
(edited)

The thing that's curious to me about this Fluke storyline is that it was a 15-month journey back around in a big circle.  Are the characters, or we the viewers, in any different place than we were when Luke went to go capture the creature in the boathouse?  No one fell in love.  No one even grew closer. No one significant was lost.  It wasn't like a murder mystery where the culprit was revealed and he was sent to prison.  No one grew up.  No one matured.  No one learned a valuable life's lesson.  Just a big fat circle around to "Dark Luke," whom we've already met several times in the past, in different degrees and variations.

There was Dark Luke in that late 1990s who withdrew from his family when having to face his rape of Laura.  There was Dark Luke who withdrew from his family after running over his former daughter-in-law's son.   There was the original Dark Luke, who didn't trust himself after raping a teen age girl back in 1979.  Tony Geary always wants to find and explore Dark Luke, but he's like the footprints of God story -- Dark Luke's been there all along beside you, Tony. He's been there all along. There's just one set of prints sometimes because those are the times he's been carrying you!

The only thing that's going to last beyond this the last moment of this particular story is the arrival of New Female Character who is Destined to Sleep with Dante.  They've been calling her Valerie for short.

Edited because a jury is not the same as a journey.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 11

Just a note, if you watch GH on the Boston affiliate, the jury in the Marathon Bombing trial has reached a verdict which is scheduled to be read at 1:45pm, Eastern. I expect the whole show will be preempted in Boston, for legal analysis, after the reading.

(edited)

Sorry I can't read everything been busy few days.

When does Luke go on his "vacation" off screen?

I just don't think CD does drunk very well but Michael is very funny as a drunk.

Angelic Sabrina on her high horse is just as annoying as ever. ugh!

I like bad people so Kiki and Morgan finally became interesting.

Best thing this week Hayden and evil Nik....MEOW! sex please!

Edited by Cattitude

I fast forwarded through all the Morgan/Kiki/Michael/Drugged stuff.. was there anything that wasn't cringeworthy? Because even fast forwarding I could tell that it was nothing worth watching. UGH.

I enjoyed Michael telling Morgan, the jobless wonder, to stop calling him Mikey.  He also said that Morgan's only accomplishment so far was that he stole $50K from him for online gambling.

I can't imagine Micheal ever having even looked at this Kiki. Maybe he gave her a few bucks to get a sandwich or something. She looks like a homeless beggar. I don't buy her as Micheal's ex.

So true, and where the heck did this sudden jealousy come from?  Did I miss something?  When have we seen Michael pine or miss Kiki since he dumped her ass five months ago?  Didn't he encourage her to go back to Morgan?  I hate when plot point writing is inserted into a scene just to get a reaction from the characters.  I loved that Michael was basically ignoring Kiki.  Loved.IT.

Ron likes his Re Ronning of history way too much. I fully expect both Sonny and Micheal to be knocked out of the custody race. Kiki and Morgan were dumb enough to tell a guy "Film Micheal calling us jobless with no education while we are all over each other in a restaurant. " They're out too.

LOL, this made me laugh.  Yeah, Morgan and Kiki don't tend to work out all the pieces of a puzzle, do they?  "Michael is unfit to raise Avery, but hey, we're perfect!"

So happy that Michael in his drunk/drugged state finally told Morgan to quit with the "Mikey" crap. It's repulsive how much Morgan and Kiki are enjoying drugging Michael. I'm so looking forward to the comeuppance that Morgan and Kiki so richly deserve. 

I've never been a Kiki fan, but this actress is just playing her so differently than KA. It's like the core of the character changed when the actress changed.

I actually like the recast Kiki because she has no Starr Manningeque to her, and so I can just really concentrate on her as Kiki Jerome and hate her as such.  She also seems to be embracing the fact that she's an evil person. 

Yea, CD is pretty bad at playing angry/drugged in the face. I think his physicality is pretty good though, if a little much. Like what did those assholes give him? He is way OTT drugged.

I don't agree.  I've actually seen that with people, the angry face - So I think he did fine.  I think CD also did a fine job of trying to throw the punch and falling down and then stumbling into people as he tried to make it towards the elevator.The truth telling bombs that Michael was dropping on both of them was great also.

Also, he only had two drinks, and I don't think he even finished the second one.  So whatever mystery drug they are giving him, and he's been taking it for a while, is what's making him so impaired - unless the drug just increases the effects of alcohol ten-fold so that one drink is like taking four drinks.  I don't know if there is such a drug.

• Love 3
Also, he only had two drinks, and I don't think he even finished the second one.  So whatever mystery drug they are giving him, and he's been taking it for a while, is what's making him so impaired - unless the drug just increases the effects of alcohol ten-fold so that one drink is like taking four drinks.  I don't know if there is such a drug.

Oh man I didn't know this storyline was a carefully crafted homage to Doris Day's and Rock Hudson's 1961 hit, Lover Come Back. It's a VIP pill!

• Love 5

Just a note, if you watch GH on the Boston affiliate, the jury in the Marathon Bombing trial has reached a verdict which is scheduled to be read at 1:45pm, Eastern. I expect the whole show will be preempted in Boston, for legal analysis, after the reading.

Thinking this could be nation wide at 1:45 EST

Silly General Days! First, they'll have the anchors cut in, with the announcement that the jury has reached a verdict; at which time, they'll all talk about how long or quickly it took to reach said verdict, while they wait until the verdict is read; then they'll have the correspondent talk about how tough this was, for everyone, and all the other condescending plattitudes  he or she can come up with. THEN we'll get the "analysis", possibly even a reaction/statement from President Obama.

Because that's how today's "media" rolls.

• Love 3
(edited)

Yeah. A lot of markets don't get GH until 3:00pm now, so hopefully by then, it will be over for those fans. Here, I expect all the local affiliates will stay on coverage of the trial until the news comes on.

Edited to add...

Silly General Days! First, they'll have the anchors cut in, with the announcement that the jury has reached a verdict; at which time, they'll all talk about how long or quickly it took to reach said verdict, while they wait until the verdict is read; then they'll have the correspondent talk about how tough this was, for everyone, and all the other condescending plattitudes  he or she can come up with. THEN we'll get the "analysis", possibly even a reaction/statement from President Obama.

Because that's how today's "media" rolls.​

Oh, absolutely. I found out, at 1:30, while watching The Chew. I checked the NBC affiliate and they did the same thing. I expect no less, particularly here. But it was silly they didn't stay on the shows (well, at least DOOL) until 1:45.

Edited by General Days
(edited)

I'm dreading today's show because I just can't with any of the Luke stuff. Has anyone in the whole world actually cared about this whole convoluted story? Does anyone still care about Luke and his drama? Does anyone think this good tv and good acting? I honestly don't know, because it seems like most of us are (or have been) over it, and I never read any other forums since you all told me how awful they can be - I just don't have room for anymore rage in my life!

Sadly yes. There are many people who think the story is great and Tony has put forth his best acting ever.

Re the Boston Marathon verdict, ABC-7 in NYC is still showing regular programming so other than in the Boston market, I don't think there'll be any interruption. Of course they could break in just because...

Edited by Sake614
He also said that Morgan's only accomplishment so far was that he stole $50K from him for online gambling.

Lauren's "oh, no you didn't!" reaction to that was pretty funny, given that her initial introduction was arranging the poker game for her friends so they could take Morgan's money. NO, RON, I HAVEN'T FORGOTTEN.

• Love 10

Lauren's "oh, no you didn't!" reaction to that was pretty funny, given that her initial introduction was arranging the poker game for her friends so they could take Morgan's money. NO, RON, I HAVEN'T FORGOTTEN.

Also, I hated what she said about how Michael ruined Kiki's initial relationship with Morgan.  Which...I know she said that to get a rise out of Michael, but I wouldn't be shocked if she does indeed feel blameless for her ping ponging between the two brothers.  I HAVEN"T FORGOTTEN about her flashing her Kikis at Michael every chance she got.

• Love 5

boy howdy are the Moron twins in trouble for attempted murder or at least assault.

I would especially appreciate it if Sabrina was suspected first (because she switched Ava's meds to cause her to miscarry, and now something similar happened to Ava's baby's guardian) Let's throw Sabrina in jail for a while (for Carlos' histrionics alone!)

• Love 2

I'm shipping Valerie/Dante. Plus anything that shakes Lante up. They have been happily married far too long for a soap couple.

Ric looks like a serial killer with that facial hair.

Hayden/Nik LMAO.

Carly is such a noisy person. 

(edited)

My problem is I think Ron, once again, wants it both ways in the story - 'oh, Morgan and Kiki are doing a terrible thing drugging Michael, sure, but at the same time isn't Michael maaaayyybbbbeeee turning out to be just like his dead fat drunk dad? He sure is knockin' 'em back!'

At which point it goes back to something I know Ron attacked Michael Logan for online - Logan claimed Ron was making Michael a big drinker out of nowhere, and Ron huffily insisted it was all just part of Morgan and Kiki's plan and that Logan was misreading things. That's not how it looks to me at the moment. Michael is knockin' 'em back, and that's never been who he is. But it seems like another way to kneecap him from having any moral authority over Sonny, and subvert the wrongness of what Morgan and Kiki are actually doing. I hope I'm wrong about that.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 14

Poor Valerie.  She was terrorized and threatened, her mother just died, and now she has to go live in Dante and Lulu's teeny tiny loft.  Why doesn't she just go home to PA and get away from all these assholes?  I know it's a soap thing, but I think it's so dumb how everyone acts like Valerie's life in PA didn't exist because now she's in Port Charles - no job, no friend, not even a change of clothes she might want to grab back there, no sir.

Yes, Kiki, how SHOCKING that someone might get hurt when you DRUG SOMEONE.  And did I hear her right - it seemed like she was trying to pin the tail on to Morgan ("What did you do?").

I guess Prince Dickolas, to use vernacular Ron will understand, will be paying off Rebecca Budig with nature's credit card.

Oh Liz, making Ric basically pinky swear not to deceive or lie to you anymore, you so dumb.

Shut up, Carly.

• Love 3

Poor Valerie.  She was terrorized and threatened, her mother just died, and now she has to go live in Dante and Lulu's teeny tiny loft.  

Of course they tell her to stay there. Is she going to sleep right in the middle? Is Spin still there? Just get to the emmy bait episode where they fight already.

Chad needs to get drunk for real just once so he can get some first hand experience, heh. This . . . is not quite a successful impression.

Are they actually expecting Valerie to sleep there? Why do they still live in this tiny-ass loft?!

They could SO easily just say they moved to another apartment in the building and the door behind the bed now magically leads to several rooms. Am I seriously going to have tweet Frank this idea or something lol.

• Love 3

I think Liz needs psychological help. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't she literally "with" Jake just last week? Now she's with Ric again. The week before last, she was with Ric before she preceded to leave him for Jake. I just...

I have never seen a character literally flip flop from week to week. Be torn? Yes, but this doesn't feel like your run of the mill triangle. If it were, Liz would firmly be with one man while pining for the other. That's not what's happening here. 

And it cannot be said enough. I am two seconds away from quitting this show due to Jake. He's on five fucking days/week. And when he's on 90% of the show is about him. I was so sure that RC's ADD would have kicked in by now and he'd be bored of him like he obviously became of MSt, but no give. 

Between Jake, Sonny, and Luke, I am overdosed on the man-pain on this show. Is there even one woman on this show driving her own story?

• Love 8
(edited)

Morgan and Kiki with their plan disgusts me. I hope they got found out very fast and it screws up Sonny ever getting anywhere near Avery. I'm ready for this story plot to be over. They don't care if anyone else gets hurt, they don't care if Michael gets hurt. Morgan's the worst, he should be showing some more remorse over his brother not Kiki. 

No wonder BC is revolting on Twitter.

Are they actually expecting Valerie to sleep there? Why do they still live in this tiny-ass loft?!

Isn't Spinelli there too? There's no way they can all fit in there and it makes no sense as to why, if the Haunted Starr is sucessful they need to still live in that loft. Or Valerie can go with Tracy to the Q's, or Carly was all "we're family!" she can take her in or put her up in the hotel.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2

Does anyone really think that Kiki and morgan will pay? I'm still waiting for carly too for drugging AJ in 97.

Define pay.  Do I think what they did will be found out?  Yes.  Do I think they'll get a light slap on the wrist?  Yes.  Do I think they'll be arrested like they should be for stealing drugs and drugging someone?  Sadly, no.

• Love 5

Define pay.  Do I think what they did will be found out?  Yes.  Do I think they'll get a light slap on the wrist?  Yes.  Do I think they'll be arrested like they should be for stealing drugs and drugging someone?  Sadly, no.

Will they be the town pariahs? Obviously they won't go to jail.They don't have jobs so they can't lose them.

No one truly pays for anything on this show unless they're a doctor who kills the town psychopath in order to protect his friends and family members.

• Love 8
(edited)

Wait, who has primary custody of Georgie?  Isn't it still Spinelli, is she living in the loft too?!?!

Now I just desperately want to see the whole cast stuffed in the loft. Maybe that's where the live episode can take place. Dance party in the loft! Kiki suffocates!

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 12
(edited)

My ultimate prob with this show is that there are no consequences for anything. What Nik is doing, for example, is unforgivable. But I'm sure everyone will get over it.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 7
(edited)

Now I just desperately want to see the whole cast stuffed in the loft. Maybe that's where the live episode can take place. Dance party in the loft! Kiki suffocates!

Kiki (as she's trampled to death): I thought you were my friiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnds.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 11

Kiki (as she's trampled to death): I thought you were my friiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnds.

That made me laugh, oh man.

I think there is a chance they might be arrested. Actually go to prison though, no.

I will be very surprised, if/when Sonny and Carly find out, they don't ream Morgan out. They should and they would, but I wouldn't be surprised if Sonny says, "well, son, not cool, but you did it for me, so, I will let this go, just this once."

There is a spoiler that says Dante investigates Avery's custody change next well, so I'm hoping he finds out and at least get in a, "do you realize you could go to prison for many, many years, you stupid, stupid idiot."

today's show:

Kiki: We lied to him!

Morgan: for his own good!

I hate that I can't find one redeeming quality about Morgan right now besides his face.

Nikolas: the last time I dealt with a scammer, she fled the country to avoid prosection.

Did Nikolas do anything impressive besides threaten to call the police on Britt? No need to sound like you master manipulated Britt out of town, buddy.

I'm sick of being constantly cockteased with Luke's death.

• Love 9
(edited)

Oh, I assumed

Polly Pureheart Princess Sabrina will be the one to come to Michael's rescue.  Isn't there a spoiler that she loops in stupid Felix next week?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

Liz, TJ, Lucas, and Felix should get the honors (harkening back to the act I'm sure they were no doubt forced to do with her at the Nurses' Ball).

Oh, I assumed 

I'll reply in the spoiler thread.

Liz, TJ, Lucas, and Felix should get the honors (harkening back to the act I'm sure they were no doubt forced to do with her at the Nurses' Ball).

Hey, there's an upside, there'll probably be no Kiki showcase at the Nurses Ball this year!  Thank you, recast!

• Love 8