Type keyword(s) to search

Caitlyn Jenner: Call Me Caitlyn

• Start Topic

(edited)

Does it occur to anyone else that the constant and apparently coordinated bashing of the book by other members of the K clan is a deliberate marketing ploy?

The litany of hurt feelings, expressions of resentment and anger ... all stated in a vague manner that seems almost purposeful.   As though they are working together to instill curiosity in the viewer/potential buyer.    What could Caitlyn Jenner have said about Kris and the girls that's so terrible?   Why do they feel so betrayed?  I guess I will have to buy the book to find out!

If they were truly so hurt, it seems to me that a more natural reaction would be a staunch refusal to talk about Jenner's book.   To deprive her of all publicity.   To stop promulgating the alleged lies.  To prevent her from making another dime off their backs.

But they're not.  Instead every one of them is out there talking up the book at every opportunity.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 9
  •  
1 hour ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

I agree with millennium. All this anger and hurt feelings are bullshit.

I love how Kourtney didn't even bother reading the book, and pretty much assumed Kris was exaggerating. KIm claimed to have read "the whole thing" ..I haven't seen any selfies of her reading so I'm skeptical of that.

But I agree, their demeanor doesn't suggest outrage or hurt, Kim's shown more emotion over a chipped manicure, Kendall over her inability to get grilled cheese in Europe. 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, millennium said:

Does it occur to anyone else that the constant and apparently coordinated bashing of the book by other members of the K clan is a deliberate marketing ploy?

The litany of hurt feelings, expressions of resentment and anger ... all stated in a vague manner that seems almost purposeful.   As though they are working together to instill curiosity in the viewer/potential buyer.    What could Caitlyn Jenner have said about Kris and the girls that's so terrible?   Why do they feel so betrayed?  I guess I will have to buy the book to find out!

If they were truly so hurt, it seems to me that a more natural reaction would be a staunch refusal to talk about Jenner's book.   To deprive her of all publicity.   To stop promulgating the alleged lies.  To prevent her from making another dime off their backs.

But they're not.  Instead every one of them is out there talking up the book at every opportunity.

Yep. It’s a clever (and desperate) marketing ploy to benefit both parties. Not only is this tempest–in-a-teapot fake feud designed to drive up book sales for Caitlyn since the OJ “revelation” apparently didn’t do the job, but it’s also a ploy to lure more viewers to KUWTK with its steadily declining ratings.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Veronique Bette said:

Yep. It’s a clever (and desperate) marketing ploy to benefit both parties. Not only is this tempest–in-a-teapot fake feud designed to drive up book sales for Caitlyn since the OJ “revelation” apparently didn’t do the job, but it’s also a ploy to lure more viewers to KUWTK with its steadily declining ratings.

Probably true! Theme for this season of KUWTK: "Let's Hate Cait."

• Love 1

That article by Caitlyn is so badly written. I'm given the sense that some editor skimmed it very quickly, went "Yep, good enough" and then hit approve.

It sort of jumps from topic to topic and you're left going "....okay?" trying to figure out what the point is.

She mentions herself (obviously) several times but there doesn't seem to be any emotion behind her words. When I got to her final paragraph about standing together and being proud of who you are in the trans community, I was a little confused about where that had come from. So far in the essay all she had talked about were HER contributions and HER difficulties. At one point she hand waves that she's met some great people, but there doesn't seem to be any sense of unity or coming together.

To me it summarizes a lot about Caitlyn's problems as a trans woman representing the trans community. First, she doesn't have anything interesting or novel to say. There's nothing particularly intelligent in her words, it's basically just a dry recap of things she's done in the past. There's also no strong emotion to it which when talking about such personal experiences, is a little odd.

Secondly, she talks about unity but doesn't explain a clear way to do that. The majority of the essay is based around herself and she stitches in a couple lines at the end about community. It seems like that's something that she feels she's supposed to want, but couldn't be bothered to expand upon it before because it would take precious word space away from her accomplishments.

What was the point of this essay in the first place?? Seriously, I'm really struggling to figure it out. If this was a high school essay I feel like it would barely get a passing grade, so why has it been posted online???

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, CharlieKayi said:

That article by Caitlyn is so badly written. I'm given the sense that some editor skimmed it very quickly, went "Yep, good enough" and then hit approve.

It sort of jumps from topic to topic and you're left going "....okay?" trying to figure out what the point is.

She mentions herself (obviously) several times but there doesn't seem to be any emotion behind her words. When I got to her final paragraph about standing together and being proud of who you are in the trans community, I was a little confused about where that had come from. So far in the essay all she had talked about were HER contributions and HER difficulties. At one point she hand waves that she's met some great people, but there doesn't seem to be any sense of unity or coming together.

To me it summarizes a lot about Caitlyn's problems as a trans woman representing the trans community. First, she doesn't have anything interesting or novel to say. There's nothing particularly intelligent in her words, it's basically just a dry recap of things she's done in the past. There's also no strong emotion to it which when talking about such personal experiences, is a little odd.

Secondly, she talks about unity but doesn't explain a clear way to do that. The majority of the essay is based around herself and she stitches in a couple lines at the end about community. It seems like that's something that she feels she's supposed to want, but couldn't be bothered to expand upon it before because it would take precious word space away from her accomplishments.

What was the point of this essay in the first place?? Seriously, I'm really struggling to figure it out. If this was a high school essay I feel like it would barely get a passing grade, so why has it been posted online???

Because it was written by Caitlyn Jenner?

• Love 2
On 6/3/2017 at 2:02 PM, Veronique Bette said:

This makes me sick.  But I'm not surprised.  They filmed Scott drunk and stoned and smashing mirrors every chance they had, they dragged a semi-lucid Lamar to Madison Square Garden, they parade mentally ill Rob past the cameras and give him two lines to memorize while begging him to not rub his face and smirk...now it's Caitlyn's turn.  And I have no doubt that Kris hands over the weekly royalty check and Caitlyn gleefully cashes it to buy more ill-advised makeup.  They have all sold their souls, every single one.  I just hope the next generation collectively rebels and gets the hell out of Pimp Gramma Kris's klutches before it's too late.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I just hope the next generation collectively rebels and gets the hell out of Pimp Gramma Kris's klutches before it's too late.

As I was reading, I expected you to say "I just hope the next generation collectively rebels and stops watching this shitshow."

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

This makes me sick.  But I'm not surprised.  They filmed Scott drunk and stoned and smashing mirrors every chance they had, they dragged a semi-lucid Lamar to Madison Square Garden, they parade mentally ill Rob past the cameras and give him two lines to memorize while begging him to not rub his face and smirk...now it's Caitlyn's turn.  And I have no doubt that Kris hands over the weekly royalty check and Caitlyn gleefully cashes it to buy more ill-advised makeup.  They have all sold their souls, every single one.  I just hope the next generation collectively rebels and gets the hell out of Pimp Gramma Kris's klutches before it's too late.

Probably the first checks she's ever been handed by Kris. All the others Kris hoarded away while building her empire and banishing Caitlyn to a corner in the garage.

• Love 4
(edited)

Another dog for Kendall! WTF is it with this family and their pets. Where is her big Great Dane, that she had shitting all over her mother's house? Dumped on someone else to take care of, or dead?

Sorry it appears that the Lab is Caitlyn's. I guess she's lonely up in that big house that no one ever comes to visit.  

And sitting the dog on that beautifully painted car? Dogs have nails that can scratch,, I know mine jumped on the hood of my black car and made some nice scratch marks.... but hey as long as they get their photograph, fuck other people's property. Same goes for Kylie sitting on that Ferrari. 

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 3
41 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

"Why is the View doing this?"  One word: ratings.

Maybe, but it's been proven by the tanking of I AM CAIT and the bomb that was the Diane Sawyer follow-up interview, Jenner is ratings kryptonite.   

• Love 2
1 hour ago, millennium said:

and the bomb that was the Diane Sawyer follow-up interview, 

There was a Diane Sawyer follow-up interview?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, mwell345 said:

The only way I see it being of any interest is if they ask her about Rob...and press her on it.

She'll stick with her usual " I raised Rob from the time he was a baby" "i went to all his sports   meets and cheered him and coached him" " he's a great kid" " I haven't seen much of him lately but I'm sure we'll get together soon" " I love Rob"

• Love 2
On 7/9/2017 at 0:19 PM, iwasish said:

She'll stick with her usual " I raised Rob from the time he was a baby" "i went to all his sports   meets and cheered him and coached him" " he's a great kid" " I haven't seen much of him lately but I'm sure we'll get together soon" " I love Rob"

Yep.  If she says anything at all.  She may just defer the question as I'm sure they've all been instructed to do by their attorneys.  

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, GaT said:

Hmm, has Caitlyn made any statements today? She's awfully quiet for someone who is supposed to represent the transgender community. 

Caitlyn just made a statement on twitter, expressing her support of transgender military people.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/laverne-cox-trans-lives-safety-service-valuable-light/story?id=48861158

"Caitlyn Jenner and Laverne Cox speak out on Trump's transgender military ban"

• Love 1
(edited)

Fucking Jenner doesn't give a shit about anyone but fucking Jenner.

Used this as an excuse to get her hag face in the news again.

Shameless asshole.

She enabled Trump.    She is part of the problem.   She is part of the reason why this happened.

Burn in fucking hell, Jenner.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 8

It is maddening and discouraging to live in a culture where the media treats Jenner as the de facto spokesperson for the entire transgender population -- despite a whole body of online literature in which transgender people loudly protest, decry and disavow the viewpoints and remarks of this individual.

Imagine if Kanye "He's a jackass" West was regarded as the spokesperson for all African Americans!

It's like nobody in the gender-normative world is listening, or nobody cares.   I was just browsing Google News and the first result under the Transgender in the Military topic is a link to Jenner's website and Jenner's "message" about this subject.

The transgender community has LOTS of messages for Jenner.   Just to go Jenner's Facebook page.   Try to count all the "Fuck you's."

• Love 5

Caitlyn is abhorrent, privileged, checked out and many other unpleasant things. But I also think she is just plain dumb. Uneducated, ignorant, but also an IQ south of 100. And she doesn't care to learn anything or expand her horizons in any direction. It is infuriating that she gets so much attention.

• Love 8

I really don't understand what she's trying to say by wearing this hat. Is she saying she still supports Trump despite the fact he's so obviously anti transgender? Is she wearing it ironically? Or did she just need a hat to keep her wig from flying away & this was the nearest one around?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, GaT said:

I really don't understand what she's trying to say by wearing this hat. Is she saying she still supports Trump despite the fact he's so obviously anti transgender? Is she wearing it ironically? Or did she just need a hat to keep her wig from flying away & this was the nearest one around?

She spent the last 30 years of her life with the Kardashians. She had to learn something getting her face in the news. Flashy convertible, top down, controversial hat?  It's not like she can walk thru NYC with her titties on display, so this is the next best thing.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

Is that a particularly small car? Is it pedal powered?

It's a supercharged Bugeye Sprite:

http://bugeyeguy.com/2016/08/caitlyn-jenners-bugeye-sprite/

We are extremely excited to be building a Bugeye Sprite for Caitlyn Jenner, who purchased this Bugeye pictured above. As with so many of our customers, Caitlyn’s Bugeye memories run deep. Bruce lusted after dad’d Bugeye as a teen, but dad sold the car before Bruce’s 16th birthday. Now, Caitlyn is having us build a “Dad tribute Bugeye,” complete with a number of performance upgrades, and some nice Dad script on the back.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, GaT said:

Caitlyn told such a long convoluted story about why she wore the hat that it sounds like a lie. She was so careless and tone deaf that she did something stupid and offensive, and is now trying to cover her ass. Best comment I read about this was on Dlisted: Don't break a fingernail while you're furiously pushing the damage control button!

• Love 8

"rushing home at the time after retrieving a lost purse."

What a perfectly girlie excuse.   Losing purses, choosing the wrong hat.   Such a ditz, tee hee.

Is there anyone stupid enough to believe anything this person says?

• Love 8
1 hour ago, millennium said:

"rushing home at the time after retrieving a lost purse."

What a perfectly girlie excuse.   Losing purses, choosing the wrong hat.   Such a ditz, tee hee.

Is there anyone stupid enough to believe anything this person says?

Prior to leaving the house, she checks herself in the mirror endlessly, just like the rest of the family.

why would a "lost" purse be at home?

• Love 6
On 5/26/2017 at 0:46 AM, millennium said:

She was outsold by Goodnight, Moon.

Jenner-500x803.jpg

Probably not a good idea to hold the book photo so close to the real face.  Or neck.

I think she looks good here.  Pretty hair,  casual but classy ensemble.    She should go with shorter hair that’s styled to take attention away from her jaw though. 

4 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

I think she looks good here.  Pretty hair,  casual but classy ensemble.    She should go with shorter hair that’s styled to take attention away from her jaw though. 

The point I was making is that the book photo is photoshopped to the point of shameless deception.   Just like everything else where Jenner's transition is concerned, it is not a true representation of transgender reality.   The image on the book grossly misrepresents the results of facial feminization surgery on someone of Jenner's age.   It may give false hope and create unrealistic expectations in people who may be considering FFS, or engender dissatisfaction in those who have already had it.   It may also foster bias among the general public who see other transgender people in daily life and wonder why they don't look as good as Jenner does on the book.

But I guess they can't put this on a book cover, can they?

On 11/10/2017 at 10:03 PM, GaT said:

prc_59169280.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&cr

• Love 1