Type keyword(s) to search

S31: Tasha Fox

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Another great episode for Tasha, both in results and edit.  As Nashville so clearly explained, Savage and she are in the driver's seat.  They should be safe for at least two more tribals (assuming no more shuffles during that time).  The only hope Abi and Woo have for splitting them, and regaining control, is to team up and force rocks.   Barring some blowup, seems pretty unlikely to me. 

It amazes me how one person -- Abi -- can drive so much of the play the first third of the season.  I wonder how some of the really skilled Survivor manipulators of past seasons would deal with her, if she was on their tribe?  I'm thinking of players like Boston Rob and Kim.  Tasha has done a real good job for the first six days. 

• Love 3

Tasha/Savage had three options:

1. Booting Varner now leaves their only potential opposition as being an Abi/Woo alliance - and I think we're all in agreement Abi can't get past her emotions enough to maintain a strategic relationship with Woo.
  2. Booting Abi now would have left Tasha/Savage against Varner/Woo - a pair much more likely to support each other strategically and create a TC vote deadlock.
  3. Booting Woo now would have left Tasha/Savage against Varner/Abi - see #2, same applies.

Varner was the only potential linchpin between Abi and Woo; now that Varner's gone, Tasha/Savage totally control the vote - they can either (a) team up with Woo against Abi, or (b) team up with Abi against Woo. 

Depending upon how long they think Angkor will have to survive as a discrete tribe, I'd bet they pick (a) to maintain tribal strength at challenges.

Worse comes to worst, Tasha/Savage vote off Woo next after Abi - which would leave them the last two in Angkor - which would then dictate another shuffle of Tribes.

Totally agree with this. It's like the story of the wolf, the sheep and the cabbage, except that this time you WANT to keep two where one is very likely to eat the other.

• Love 1

Holmes: “Nasty” is a pretty strong adjective. What was Tasha doing out there?

Varner: It started at Ponderosa before the game even started. I was a massive Tasha fan in Cagayan…

Holmes: Is this the hammock thing again?

Varner: (Laughs) It’s the hammock thing!

Holmes: (Laughs)

Varner: It’s the couch thing, it’s the attitude, the nose in the air, the dirty looks. She was going for the jugular. And when we get to Angkor she was so sweet to everybody. But she looked at me and she’s a bitch. She’s just hateful and closed off. The more I tried to be nice to her the harder she got. She’d wake up in the morning and say, “Good morning, everybody.” Then she’d look at me and be like, “Are you looking for an idol!” I got nothing from her. Everywhere I went she was right on my heels. But you know, Gordon…I love her. I love everybody. I’m not bitter at all. But, I have a problem with anybody who plays “Survivor” with God as a tool. To me, God does not like “Survivor.” Read the Bible and everything that “Survivor” is about, He’s not happy with that. To come in and use him as a tool. To go in the corner and pray and then come back to the beach and throw f-bombs everywhere? And then talk about how your church family said it’s OK, so you’re going to go do it? Own your own game. Have the balls to play your own game. Don’t say you’re going to be evil all day long because you can pray at night. Romans 6 in the Bible is very clear about abusing God’s grace. Because it’s not OK. To me it’s not OK. When I saw her playing that whole card, I had a major issue with it. And she said that God for whatever reason had decided that she’s going to be 40 and single and childless…and she just had to embrace that. I wanted to say to her, “You are 40 and single and childless because of you and your choices.” She’s just a very hard, stern, closed off person  and she’s created that life for herself. She shouldn’t blame that stuff on God. It’s her fault. I love God. I own my game, own yours.

From Jeff's interview on Xfinity http://my.xfinity.com/blogs/tv/2015/10/15/survivor-castaway-jeff-andrew-and-tasha-were-the-rats/

He really doesn't like Tasha. This is just one of two quotes. He doesn't like Andrew either.

• Love 3

Jeff's comments on Tasha pretty much line up with things Kass and Trish have said about Tasha' s behavior in Cagayan. I don't think it's Jeff being bitter. He doesn't seem to have any animosity towards anyone else, even Abi.

• Love 2

Agreed. I don't think he is bitter. His comment to Abi last night told me that. He took his departure just fine. I don't remember reading much from Kass or Trish af Cagayan so I don't know what they had to say but his comments match up with what Tasha was saying in the show. She had the talking head were she discussed not playing nice and asking for forgiveness later.

• Love 1

He may not be bitter per se--although I'm not convinced--, but he's certainly judgmental. Tasha has a different worldview and different relationship to her faith than he does. I don't share Tasha's at all, but I don't think mixing praying and cursing makes her a bad person or viewing her life as being in G-d's hands makes her a bad person. Varner seems like he doesn't like Tasha because she didn't suck up to him. Which to me is a whatever... he was her obstacle. If it made it easier for her to remove him to keep him at a distance, so be it. 

He's so Southern with his constant proclamations of loving Tasha right before he talks about how horrible she is. Like Varner, you're not fooling anyone. You don't love her. It reminds me of my time in North Carolina where everyone knows exactly what all those "love hers" are code for.

• Love 8

I still like Tasha.  I don't believe Varner is bitter, although in Abi's case, he may have realized she didn't have a choice in voting him out.  I also think that there was a genuine dislike between Varner and Tasha/Savage so that may have clouded them.  They all wound up on a losing tribe (for Ta'Keo even more losing than their previous tribe) that was completely dysfunctional.  I don't know how horrible Tasha was out there since they aren't showing it, but it is always amusing to see Survivor's hold grudges over the game.  Petty, but amusing.  Varner would have been better off keeping his mouth shut at that challenge in the first place.  I think he dug his own grave, but at the same time, got unlucky with the swap.  It would have been interesting getting Savage/Tasha/Varner together at the merge and seen what unfolded.  I can see, though, that if what Varner is saying is true, Tasha may have little chance of winning unless she can back it up with strategic gameplay.  I didn't like Kass or Trish during Cagayan, so I don't really care what they had to think, and I can see why they wouldn't like her. 

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2

I think Jeff secretly loves Tasha.  That's the only reason I can see for his hard-on hate for her.  It just seems like he was mad that Tasha wasn't into him, didn't speak to him enough, and didn't want to work with him.  Tasha is taking ownership of her actions, she shares her strategy in the confessionals, and not with everyone else in the tribe.  That's a smart move on her part.  Too many of them sit around scheming and talking game, and at the same time giving away their strategy to everyone on the tribe.   

• Love 2

He may not be bitter per se--although I'm not convinced--, but he's certainly judgmental. Tasha has a different worldview and different relationship to her faith than he does. I don't share Tasha's at all, but I don't think mixing praying and cursing makes her a bad person or viewing her life as being in G-d's hands makes her a bad person. Varner seems like he doesn't like Tasha because she didn't suck up to him. Which to me is a whatever... he was her obstacle. If it made it easier for her to remove him to keep him at a distance, so be it. 

He's so Southern with his constant proclamations of loving Tasha right before he talks about how horrible she is. Like Varner, you're not fooling anyone. You don't love her. It reminds me of my time in North Carolina where everyone knows exactly what all those "love hers" are code for.

Agreed.  He says he loves her and that he loves everybody and that he's not bitter.  Then he proceeds to viciously attack her faith and her personality.

I still like her.  I think she has always been good at making the best out of bad situations.  She scrambles to do whatever she can to save herself and most of the time it works.  It worked for her in Cagayan and it seems to be working for her here.

• Love 1

Or Tasha could be praying a lot, invoking god on a regular basis and then acting like a hypocrite around camp. The show used to show the various prayer circles and people who were invoking god a fair amount but they seem to have stopped after Abi's first season. At least, I cannot think of the last time I saw a prayer circle or a laying on of hands or anything like that. I know that John from BvW2 and Missy (Baylor's Mom) had some serious religious conversations and prayer sessions that we never saw because they both mentioned it. John flat out thought that she wouldn't vote him out because of their religious connection.

I have no problem with someone believing in God and participating in Survivor. The game violates about 90% of everything that I was ever taught when I went to Church with all of the lying, stabbing people in the back, judging folks and the like but everyone playing knows that is going to happen and signs up to play knowing that. So to me, it is fair game and I could careless. But, if I was out there and someone was constantly praying and talking about how God loves everyone and how God drives all of their decisions and then was wandering around camp swearing or plotting or scheming I would find it problematic. I could care less if they were Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Buddhist or any other religion. If you are going to openly spout your religious beliefs while playing a show that involves backstabbing, lying and cheating then I am going to look at you funny.

If you are religious and choose to come on the show you can do what Tasha did and say I need to let those values go, which I am cool with, but then I would hope prayer would be private and quiet. From what Jeff is describing, Tasha was not doing that. And yeah, that would drive me crazy. Heck, I was uncomfortable at a baby shower that turned into a 30 minute prayer session with everyone called on to prayer over the Mom to be. That is not my style and I don't appreciate being put on the spot and saying I'll pass, which is what I did, is uncomfortable.

Jeff's description of Tasha's comment regarding why she isn't married and the like makes it sound like she was discussing her religion pretty openly with folks. And yeah, I would find that more then a bit hypocritical while playing Survivor.

But that is me

• Love 6

WRONG!!!

That was NOT Varner being Southern.

He didn't say "bless her heart" ONCE.

;>

• Love 10

I think Jeff secretly loves Tasha.  That's the only reason I can see for his hard-on hate for her.  It just seems like he was mad that Tasha wasn't into him, didn't speak to him enough, and didn't want to work with him.  Tasha is taking ownership of her actions, she shares her strategy in the confessionals, and not with everyone else in the tribe.  That's a smart move on her part.  Too many of them sit around scheming and talking game, and at the same time giving away their strategy to everyone on the tribe.   

Tasha, is that you?

• Love 3

The more I read about these people, the more I dislike them all.  I'll be glad when the spotlight is off Angkor.  

Jeff seems to have a problem keeping his mouth shut, which the show must have loved.  It would bug me, too, if she hogged the only hammock in Ponderosa but mentioning it in every interview from June through October just makes him sound petty.  

And a man calling a woman a bitch is never classy, especially in the press.  At least label the behavior, not the person.  

I give props to Tasha for fighting.  She isn't lying down and letting the game happen.  She's playing it hard core.

So was Jeff.  The difference between the two is that Jeff was funny and charming along the way.  Tasha is just stearn and a little cold.  

• Love 4

Jeff seemed to rely solely on alliances (especially pre-game).  There was no reason former Ta'Keo shouldn't have had the numbers at Angkor.  They should have forced a tie, if they couldn't get .  Who knows, someone from Tasha/Savage might have not wanted to risk their second chance ending with a tie and caved, or that might have wooed Abi back.  After Tasha called Jeff a rat, he said he went off on her and gave this speech he was planning for another time (that Savage/Tasha had sold out the entire Bayon tribe to them).  Doing it after you get caught talking to your former tribe member kind of loses a bit of credibility for me.  It's like, you got caught so now you're going to tattle.

• Love 2

Well yeah, he is going to tattle. It is part of the game. I have no problem with that.

I also don't have a problem with Tasha and Andrew selling out Bayon. They were in the minority and needed to find a way to protect themselves. If you tell folks about what is happening with your old tribe, you can sell them on the idea that you will be loyal to them at the merge. Not really, because if they are willing to sell out their old alliances then they will be willing to sell out your alliance, but it is one way of trying to worm your way into a majority.

• Love 3
So was Jeff.  The difference between the two is that Jeff was funny and charming along the way.  Tasha is just stearn and a little cold.

Funny makes for better TV, but it doesn't make for a better person. Tasha was playing from a weak position in a camp with no food, difficult terrain, and needing to rebuild a shelter. IMHO, there's nothing unusual with a person being stern or cold in those circumstances.

The more I read interviews with Jeff, the more I think the main difference between who he likes and who he doesn't is whether they were on his side or not. Terry was on his side and only condescending to other people, so Terry's great. Savage was his opposition, so Savage is horrible. Abi always talked to him about her moves and only exploded at other people, so Abi's delightful. Tasha didn't like Varner and successfully got him voted out, so Tasha is just mean and nasty. It's fine for him to play hard and betray Vytas in order to wake up Terry and Kelly W. and pass information about Bayon to Kelly W., but Tasha and Andrew are rats for selling out Bayon in a bid to find a way into the majority.

He can claim he's not bitter all he wants, but he comes across as bitter to me.

Edited by Zuleikha
  • Love 7

Jeff called out Terry's bad play but it is clear that he is friends with Terry. Jeff is fine with Abi and she is a large part of why he is out. Tasha has a rep of getting a great edit from her first season and the person Jeff is describing is close to what was said about her in Cagayan. We all know Andrew is getting the Jeff Probst loves me edit because we all know that Jeff Probst loves Andrew and that the wo have gone out to more then one dinner together. Andrew could be the biggest asshole out there and we will never see it because he is protected by Jeff P. Even with that, a large number of people on te internet sites I check do not like Andrew.

I think he is disappointed but I don't think he is bitter.

• Love 3

He is very harsh about Tasha but technically, he isn't bitter. It sounds like they had a real negative visceral reaction to each other.

Varner is certainly not the only one who talked about what a closed off, aggressive bitch Tasha was in pregame.

• Love 2

Maybe the bitterness is more that people and events aren't being shown the way that he says they happened or acted.  He says Tasha is completely nasty in person, yet it isn't been shown how horrible she is.  He messes up at the IC by trying to blab to Kelly about Bayon and screws himself, but we see them back at the beach and he's taking a nap while he's on the chopping block.  He says he was fighting until the bitter end with that vote and this past vote, and they left it out.  Instead, we see him sleeping and Abi doing the leg work and making it seem like she's calling the shots.  Once again, TPTB either have a good reason for leaving certain things out or really do not know what the viewers would like to see (and I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, but it is totally the latter).  I can see why Jeff would be disappointed, and maybe even bitter.  I think it is more at the situation rather than at any one person or event.  He totally owns up to what got him eliminated.  He was on the second season, the most watched season and one of the most popular.  He made the merge yet missed the jury by one vote, and ironically, it was one lone past vote that came back to haunt him (that, and Kimmi's big mouth-which makes me wonder, if Ogakor didn't know that Jeff had a previous vote, would they still have voted for him or picked someone else?)  And really, Jeff has himself to blame for getting voted out of Outback, all due to the temptation of peanut butter.  After all these years of getting passed over, he finally makes it due to a fan vote, which is really a bigger deal than producers picking their faves again.  And he's out 4th.  And he totally crashes and burns in the end, even though he had a big, promising start.  So I can see his disappointment, especially if things aren't being show how they happened.  But that is editing. 

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

Funny makes for better TV, but it doesn't make for a better person. Tasha was playing from a weak position in a camp with no food, difficult terrain, and needing to rebuild a shelter. IMHO, there's nothing unusual with a person being stern or cold in those circumstances.

The more I read interviews with Jeff, the more I think the main difference between who he likes and who he doesn't is whether they were on his side or not. Terry was on his side and only condescending to other people, so Terry's great. Savage was his opposition, so Savage is horrible. Abi always talked to him about her moves and only exploded at other people, so Abi's delightful. Tasha didn't like Varner and successfully got him voted out, so Tasha is just mean and nasty. It's fine for him to play hard and betray Vytas in order to wake up Terry and Kelly W. and pass information about Bayon to Kelly W., but Tasha and Andrew are rats for selling out Bayon in a bid to find a way into the majority.

He can claim he's not bitter all he wants, but he comes across as bitter to me.

Well, if I had to wager, I'd put money on the fact that both Jeff and Tasha are good people.  I do, however, agree that Jeff comes off bitter.  What's the expression....don't hate the player, hate the game.  Jeff is displacing anger with himself onto the person who outplayed him.

For my tastes, I find Jeff completely charming and fun.  He does have a prima donna side about him, though.  He wants what he wants when he wants it.   I cut him a little slack here, though, because I think some of that comes from issues he's dealing with on a personal level.  He seemed to be looking for a new life by coming on the show.  I'm close to his age and get it.  Life is hard and for many of us, things don't get clear until later in life.  Developing a better understanding of ourselves, what we find important, what we like and dislike, who we like and dislike, etc. and focusing on these things, these people.

Having said all that, ya' still gotta play in the sandbox with others.  Jeff kinda glossed over that memo.

Reg. Tasha, I actually like her a LOT.  I think she'd be fun to hang with and would be a really great friend.

• Love 5

I like Tasha. I think it's a little petty of Varner to use something that must be painful and personal to her, that she is learning to accept she is 40 and childless, to put her down in his exit interviews. His judging of her religious beliefs seemed extreme to me.

I prefer that the players talk about the game (or maybe the personal life that is broadcast) in their exit interviews.

I loved Tasha attempting to adapt to her situation while Savage was almost in tears with having to deal with the unfair swap.

Edited by rose711
  • Love 4

I like Tasha. I think it's a little petty of Varner to use something that must be painful and personal to her, that she is learning to accept she is 40 and childless, to put her down in his exit interviews. His judging of her religious beliefs seemed extreme to me.

How do we really know that this is painful for her? Varner's ultimate pt was that if she really wanted it differently, she CAN find a way. Dont put it all on God.

• Love 1

How do we really know that this is painful for her? Varner's ultimate pt was that if she really wanted it differently, she CAN find a way. Dont put it all on God.

I was assuming that because he said "she was learning to accept that God didn't want her to have kids" (or words to that affect) that it was painful. Even if not painful, it's very personal. I understand he is saying she shouldn't put it all on God. My point is that it was inappropriate to use that in his exit interviews against her. Her not having children is not part of the show. His take on her religious beliefs aren't part of the show either.

I guess I don't see why he went into these personal attacks on her. It certainly diminishes his image as a charming, fun guy, in my view. I don't see that he has anything to gain by putting her down, especially when he knows she can't respond.

Edited by rose711
  • Love 4

Yeah, his wording made it sound like it's due to some shortcoming of her own that she's single and childless, as if all straight women should aspire to marriage and motherhood and if we don't achieve it, we're cold bitches.  I'm guessing Tasha does question her decision to be childless and that's why she brought it up and justified it as god's plan for her.  It's a difficult, personal thing for women.  I agree his bringing it out in the press was tacky.  

Plus he has such a self-righteous attitude.  He doesn't say, "I believe the bible says this...".  He says, "Read Romans, the bible very clearly says this!"   Well, there are all different interpretations of the bible.  Jeff's is not automatically the correct one for everyone.  

I personally don't agree with him that god dislikes Survivor, for example.   That is about as weird a statement about god as I've heard come out of anyone in this show.  And again, he punctuates that point with the admonition, "Read the bible!  God clearly hates everything this game is about!"  Just weird.  

I was assuming that because he said "she was learning to accept that God didn't want her to have kids" (or words to that affect) that it was painful. Even if not painful, it's very personal. I understand he is saying she shouldn't put it all on God. My point is that it was inappropriate to use that in his exit interviews against her. Her not having children is not part of the show. His take on her religious beliefs aren't part of the show either.

I guess I don't see why he went into these personal attacks on her. It certainly diminishes his image as a charming, fun guy, in my view. I don't see that he has anything to gain by putting her down, especially when he knows she can't respond.

What happens if the show shows her saying all of that?  There is still time. especially if this becomes an issue for other people.

I already said that i thought Jeff was harsh but this was his interview and everyone gives behind the scenes.

I suspect that Tasha was telling people that she wanted to be married and have kids but it was gods plan that she wasn't. It sounds like Tasha might be someone who uses God's plan to explain everything in her life. Jeff's point is that she has a lot to do with where she is in life and the game and she needs to accept that.

• Love 3

It sounds like she does accept it.  She just feels that fate had a hand in it, whereas Jeff feels that her being a "hard, stern, closed off person" is the full cause of it.  He's presuming to know more about Tasha's own life and choices and even spirituality than even she does, based on spending a week or so around her.  

It's not all that unheard of for women who had planned on getting having kids to get to 40 (or thereabouts) and realize that it's not going to happen for them. Some women weren't partnered or weren't partnered with someone they wanted to have kids with during their 20s and 30s and didn't want to go the sperm donation route. Some women never got to the level of financial security that they wanted to have before starting a family. I'm not religious, but saying, "It's God's will" in this case doesn't seem all that different from saying, "The right circumstances didn't quite happen in time."

• Love 4

Yeah, that's a very common way for religious people to talk about their life. It doesn't mean they didn't try, but it accepts that there are circumstances beyond our control in everyone's life. Personally, I'm not that form of religious, so instead I believe that finding a compatible partner for marriage is something that's just luck. Plenty of awful people get married and have kids, and I know lovely people who couldn't. There's also something strange about single, childless Jeff talking about how Tasha is single and childless because her personality... presumably, Jeff doesn't think he needs to be on a midlife quest because his life is exactly the way he wants it, but he also doesn't seem to think he needs to evaluate his personality flaws.

• Love 5

It's not all that unheard of for women who had planned on getting having kids to get to 40 (or thereabouts) and realize that it's not going to happen for them. Some women weren't partnered or weren't partnered with someone they wanted to have kids with during their 20s and 30s and didn't want to go the sperm donation route. Some women never got to the level of financial security that they wanted to have before starting a family. I'm not religious, but saying, "It's God's will" in this case doesn't seem all that different from saying, "The right circumstances didn't quite happen in time."

As a Christian, I basically agree with what you wrote.

For Tasha to say maybe it wasn't in God's plan doesn't seem like she is bitter or blaming God. Quite the opposite. It sounds more like she is content with the life she believes God has given her, which is a very Biblical idea, which way too many of us Christian often fail to embrace.

• Love 5

I read some of his interviews where he talks about Tasha and I don't think he is attacking faith, or even her faith.  He said she seemed mean.  Had a mean vibe, played mean.  He mentioned her faith as not in line with being sort of mean.  You say you adhere to something and then don't people are going to bring it up. 

• Love 2

I read some of his interviews where he talks about Tasha and I don't think he is attacking faith, or even her faith. He said she seemed mean. Had a mean vibe, played mean. He mentioned her faith as not in line with being sort of mean. You say you adhere to something and then don't people are going to bring it up.

He specifically said to read Romans because the way she viewed God's grace was wrong.

Just don't see the point of him attacking her character, though maybe he just said the same thing in every interview. He sounds very bitter to me, but I feel that way anytime the players make personal attacks on the players still in the game.

Edited by rose711
  • Love 3
You say you adhere to something and then don't people are going to bring it up.
If Tasha played poker with him, I don't think Varner would think she was being unChristian to bluff. They're playing Survivor... an immersive game in which lying, manipulating, and even sabotage are all part of the accepted rules. Also, I'm not Christian so maybe this is something I've missed, but one of Jeff's examples was that she would go off and pray and then swear when she was back on the beach. Like, what does one have to do with the other? People of faith aren't allowed to say f*ck? 
  • Love 8

Jeff's comments on Tasha pretty much line up with things Kass and Trish have said about Tasha' s behavior in Cagayan. I don't think it's Jeff being bitter. He doesn't seem to have any animosity towards anyone else, even Abi.

I do think he's a bitter, petty asshole. How many times did he say he "loved" Tasha, then continue to rip into her? How many times did he talk about her "using God", then proceed to do the same? Happier than ever that Tasha was the one to send his ass home.

• Love 5

Also, I'm not Christian so maybe this is something I've missed, but one of Jeff's examples was that she would go off and pray and then swear when she was back on the beach.

I'm glad you brought that up.  Most complaints about religion on the show are that folks had to join in the prayer circles to fit in (e.g., Sophie's season).  Tasha apparently went off by herself to pray, didn't impose her beliefs on others and then came back to the game.  That she played the game that involved game rules that are like poker, as Zuleikha noted above, doesn't negate that she can reconcile her religion with this game with no hypocrisy as Varner so wants to suggest.  That she may have talked about her religion during the game doesn't make it any different than anyone else talking about something important to them when speaking to others.  Indeed, everything Varner brings up seems to suggest that in no way did Tasha try to impose her religious beliefs on others.

I loathe it when people that try to pick one bible verse to back whatever their claim may be (I'm looking at you Varner) to discredit someone else, that's an unpleasant path to go down.

Edited by pennben
  • Love 4

I know I initially said Varner secreted loved Tasha : )  But re-reading his comments about her, made me realized what bothered me.  He is using a lot of coded language when talking about her.  Scandal did a very good episode last week about the topic.  Short definition of coded language - language that means one thing to the general population but has an additional, different or more specific resonance for a targeted subgroup.  All of the mean, ice queen, bitch, stuck up, closed off are often language used to criticize Black females, specifically, more educated black females such as Tasha.  

• Love 5

Tasha is doing a great job of Abi-wrangling right now, and she seems to understand the dangers involved.  I'm very impressed that she and Savage started out at a 2:4 disadvantage in the new tribe and managed to turn that around.  From what we can see, Tasha did most of the social work on that.  She's also handling being on that god-awful desolate beach with no food or supplies really well.  She was dealt a really shitty hand but is making it work - I'm impressed! 

• Love 3

Tasha played a season with Chaos Kass, she is trained to work with someone like Abi. Not to mention she totally played Kass wrong and seems to have learned from that lesson.

And she had to wrangle J'Tia. Yeah, she has played with enough irrational players to have a clue how to work Abi

Edited by ProfCrash
  • Love 3

I don't think it's any huge deal to break up prior tribal lines this early in the game, especially with pre-game alliances, and moreso especially with a really divided tribe like the old Ta Keo four who landed at Angkor.  

What bugs me is when someone who is clearly on the bottom of a majority alliance DOESN'T flip to the minority for a better standing.   That's what makes this game fun.  When it's all "I have to stick with alliance A because it was my first", it's so boring and pointless.  Jurors reward strategic play over blind loyalty, it seems like, too.  

Or Tasha could be praying a lot, invoking god on a regular basis and then acting like a hypocrite around camp. 

That's not what Jeff is accusing her of, though. He has his jockeys in a wad over the statement she made in a confessional about how she would do what she needed to win, then pray for forgiveness  later. She could be doing a lot of things, but both what we're seeing and what Jeff is saying don't exhibit any of it. After reading the entire interview with him, he sounds more bitter than ever. He's picking out things that he would have had to have seen on TV afterwards to justify his bitterness after-the-fact, in my opinion.

• Love 3

I think Jeff is bitter because:

a) He got booted real early;

b) He prides himself on his foxiness, but a woman who did not have the numbers out-foxed him and flipped his tribe and his game completely upside down ;

c) Try as he might, he couldn't break into her circle of friends.  He was a puppet instead of a puppetmaster. 

His buddy Shirin, who he spent lots of time with after they both got booted, is in much the same boat. 

• Love 2