Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E23: Secrets Revealed

• Start Topic

What, you don't remember Heather's joke to Sonja and Bethenny, 'I'm going to have to separate you two'...??

Even Heather's jokes are condescending and humorless. I really hope she is leaving.

Bye, Felicia!

Was that remark supposed to be a joke! If it was, it was a major fail.

I think ryebread is correct. I don't remember Heather ever cracking a joke.

• Love 3

Was that remark supposed to be a joke! If it was, it was a major fail.

I think ryebread is correct. I don't remember Heather ever cracking a joke.

Heather said it was a joke, and then chided Bethenny and Sonja for being so serious or uptight (can't remember the exact wording) all the time.

I totally agree, I find Heather to be pretty humorless.

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 7

What bothers me about "secrets revealed" episodes is there are never any secrets revealed.  It is additional footage.  If they changed the name, I wouldn't mind as much.  Yes, I am grammar or in this case content policing.  

I would prefer if they took this more normal footage and incorporated it into the regular season.  Reality shows such as the RH series started as a look into other people's lives.  Most people watched for a sense of how others live, what do they do differently, and how do they handle issues I've faced.  As the shows have progressed, more and more emphasis has been placed on conflict.  These are now modern day soap operas, featuring ridiculous, over-the-top personalities, arguments and strife over nothing.  They try to give the impression that normal people would react this way.  At least if they wove the more normal interactions into the season, the overall feeling would be one of regular people living their lives.  

• Love 10

What bothers me about "secrets revealed" episodes is there are never any secrets revealed.  It is additional footage.  If they changed the name, I wouldn't mind as much.  Yes, I am grammar or in this case content policing.  

I would prefer if they took this more normal footage and incorporated it into the regular season.  Reality shows such as the RH series started as a look into other people's lives.  Most people watched for a sense of how others live, what do they do differently, and how do they handle issues I've faced.  As the shows have progressed, more and more emphasis has been placed on conflict.  These are now modern day soap operas, featuring ridiculous, over-the-top personalities, arguments and strife over nothing.  They try to give the impression that normal people would react this way.  At least if they wove the more normal interactions into the season, the overall feeling would be one of regular people living their lives.  

Any of the moments could have been part of the show.  It reminds me of listening to "taped in front of a live audience" it became all about the blooper reel.  The Reunion could have had the Heather/Bethenny/Luann/Dorinda moment and left out say the stupid hugging segment.  That moment was representative that sometimes we challenge things that we have no business challenging.  Who asks when someone "hung out"  with someone? It says more about the host wanting to pit these women against each other.

I agree it is now about why someone should not feel a certain way and that never makes for a good show because in real life you cant tell people they should or shouldn't feel a certain way.  Far more interesting to me is seeing a recently divorced Ramona reacting to a lost love letter.  I am not a big one for watching kids scream and there just had to be more film of Heather's children who are always pleasant.

• Love 2

Correct me if I'm wrong (and I know you will!)... but during Reunion Part 1, didn't Carole say her deadline was after Halloween? Now in Secrets Revealed its due Sept. 14th? I suppose we can assume another extension. I just remember when Andy said to Carole, "Your deadline is coming up right?" She gave him the one second death stare and said, "No its actualy X date." I remember "after Halloween" for some reason, but I could be pulling that out of my freshly bleached asshole.

Speaking of assholes, Josh you are a terrible husband, father, and human being. Are you a good entrepreneur? I don't know. But know this- if you screw up raising your kids nothing else matters. As the wise Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis once said, " If you bungle raising your children, I don't think whatever else you do matters very much." Or in layman's terms. "You mess up your children, nothing else you do really matters." And you sir, are doing a fine job of non-parenting. Congratulations Mr. Pig! You're a non-husband, non-father, and not present. You even manage to be not present at your ten year wedding anniversary. Once again Kristen is doing all the heavy lifting while you stand there like the douche that you are in your lame hipster-wannabe hat. Married up you bet your ass.

I loved seeing all the women actually getting along. I don't mind Heather trying on Kristen's dress. She asked permission. Now these are the scenes we want to see Bravo! If there are less comments in this thread, its just due to the fact that were worn out after this season!

I'm getting the vibe Heather won't be back. She doesn't need the show, the show doesn't need her. No problem with a mutual parting of ways.

Edited by Granimal
  • Love 9

It looked like the dress code was black tie and black dress, so that the focus would be on Kristen in her white wedding gown. But Kristen's shady maid of honor decided to upstage Kristen in red. That's really shitty behavior from an alleged friend. Maybe she should join the cast.

I wish they would use the name that MTV uses for their extra footage show: The Shit They Should Have Shown. Though I feel like there have been some secrets revealed on NJ and BH on their extra footage shows.

• Love 6

In the Secrets episode Carole's publisher/editor did say right after Labor Day. I don't remember if she said the following day or the following Monday but it was definitely September and Carole did tell Andy October during the reunion.

I believe Kristen asked the women to all wear black to her anniversary party so I can understand her dismay over her maid of honor wearing red. What I didn't understand (or know about) was Carole's statement in her TH that wearing red to a wedding was a NO-NO. My nephew is engaged to a girl whose family is from India. I know red is only worn by the bride at an Indian wedding but I didn't know that wearing red was unacceptable in other cultures. I guess I've been lucky because I never chose to wear a red dress to a wedding.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3

It looked like the dress code was black tie and black dress, so that the focus would be on Kristen in her white wedding gown. But Kristen's shady maid of honor decided to upstage Kristen in red. That's really shitty behavior from an alleged friend. Maybe she should join the cast.

I wish they would use the name that MTV uses for their extra footage show: The Shit They Should Have Shown. Though I feel like there have been some secrets revealed on NJ and BH on their extra footage shows.

Hahahahaha you owe me a screen cleaning.
  • Love 6

I didn't see anything wrong with that really - they were having a good time and laughing about it. I've always had conversations like that with my girlfriends. I'm in the same age group as these women and we (not necessarily the same girlfriends) talked about it in our 20s and 30s too. Where else would I get a good recommendation for a salon or new product etc? And let's face it, fashions change.

But Bethenny is not "friends" with these women and she isn't in her 20's. And of course she is hyper aware she is on TV and trying to be "edgy" or whatever. For myself, this is the kind of stuff I would only talk about with very close friends, but I am a far more private person than her.

What is it with these HWs and psychics? They have an education, why do they fall for this shit? Do they have so much money and free time and don't know what to do with either? There are loads of charities that need volunteers and cash.

Sonja seems to have moved up to claiming to be an expert in anything being discussed, so that she claims to be a psychic too wasn't that surprising, though cringe-worthy. Too bad she didn't warn herself she didn't have the $7M to invest, or that hubby would leave her.

I'm on the other side about Kristin's party and the red dress. I am sick of hearing of hosts/brides declaring a detailed dress code (when not a theme party - and please don't think I am encouraging theme parties!!). It was an anniversary party for God's sake, not a state dinner! If she wanted to make sure no one wore white because she wore her wedding dress again (which she pretended to think she wasn't sure she would fit into anyway!?!), ok, Ask people not to wear white (though it you are going to wear your wedding dress to a cocktail party, it's not so special anymore). But to say every woman must wear black - get over yourself! the original point of a "dress code" was to signify the style of dress (business, black tie, the old white tie, casual), not to be that specific about details.

Anyone else think the "I just received this email from my dead husband" thing was completely fake? Hate to point out the obvious to Doris, but his email accounts were shut down years ago, nothing being sent now. All this is starting to make me wonder why, after so many years and when she is supposedly in a happy relationship, she keeps talking publicly about him.

Edited because "Sam" and "ask" are different words -damn Apple auto-correct!

Edited by Mrs peel
  • Love 7

Anyone else think the "I just received this email from my dead husband" thing was completely fake? Hate to point out the obvious to Doris, but his email accounts were shut down years ago, nothing being sent now. All this is starting to make me wonder why, after so many years and when she is supposedly in a happy relationship, she keeps talking publicly about him.

I thought it was completely fake too! She kept saying Richard died five years ago. I can understand someone archiving or backing up their old emails but if that was the case, it wouldn't just pop-up. She mentioned having "folders" for her emails but five years is a long time to hold onto emails and emails in "folders" don't just appear like new ones do.

• Love 6

But Bethenny is not "friends" with these women and she isn't in her 20's. And of course she is hyper aware she is on TV and trying to be "edgy" or whatever. For myself, this is the kind of stuff I would only talk about with very close friends, but I am a far more private person than her.

What is it with these HWs and psychics? They have an education, why do they fall for this shit? Do they have so much money and free time and don't know what to do with either? There are loads of charities that need volunteers and cash.

Sonja seems to have moved up to claiming to be an expert in anything being discussed, so that she claims to be a psychic too wasn't that surprising, though cringe-worthy. Too bad she didn't warn herself she didn't have the $7M to invest, or that hubby would leave her.

I'm on the other side about Kristin's party and the red dress. I am sick of hearing of hosts/brides declaring a detailed dress code (when not a theme party - and please don't think I am encouraging theme parties!!). It was an anniversary party for God's sake, not a state dinner! If she wanted to make sure no one wore white because she wore her wedding dress again (which she pretended to think she wasn't sure she would fit into anyway!?!), ok, Sam people not to wear white (though it you are going to wear your wedding dress to a cocktail party, it's not so special anymore). But to say every woman must wear black - get over yourself! the original point of a "dress code" was to signify the style of dress (business, black tie, the old white tie, casual), not to be that specific about details.

I am a little tired of the color demand.  Last year it was black or white for Carole's birthday party and she arrived in a red flowing number, she looked nice, but I think the sea of black is boring.  Bethenny had a wedding with a guests must wear black or red, I just don't get it.  I don't even understand the no wearing white to a wedding-if you wear a dress that gets easily confused with the bride's there are bigger problems than color choice.  Lisa Vanderpump's daughter had a beautiful wedding and there was no color code-although Camille decided not to wear pink because it is Lisa's favorite color.

I don't speak Dorinda but was she perhaps saying it was a letter that had not made it to the Richard file.  It was a very touching letter and I can see why she wanted to share.  Very clumsy set up.  It gave the viewers a sense of who he was and his feelings toward Dorinda.   Like Carole, Dorinda just seems to hold Richard close to her heart and whoever they are involved with I guess has to deal with the not letting go.  Maybe the friends and producers need to steer the storyline in another direction.  I noticed in the ratings the "London Calling" episode were the second worst of the regular season just ahead of Bethenny's talk with stepdad.  I know Andy, Dorinda and Carole thought it touching, (the whole talk of it put Ramona to sleep) but maybe the audience can't relate or doesn't care about these past, departed loves of these women's lives.  I liked the episode but I can see where talk of deceased husbands - especially Carole's who has been gone for 15 years, is hard for the others to relate to.  Add to that sentiment that Bethenny finds being a widow aging (who ever says anything like that) and there go the ratings.  When women or men are involved in new relationships and they make their departed spouse a focal point, I kind of find that for lack of a better term emotionally cheating. 

• Love 1

Dorinda apparently had been courted to be part of the show for quite a while. I can't remember in which reunion episode that they discussed that John was very desirous of the fame and publicity that went along with appearing on the show. I think Dorinda largely agreed to do the show for John. And lot of Dorinda's talk about sweet wonderful brilliant cultured Richard reaching out to Dorinda from beyond the grave is Dorinda's passive aggressive push back against John for wanting to be on this show because Richard wouldn't have wanted to be on this show and he wouldn't have asked me to be on it either .

• Love 7

I am a little tired of the color demand.  Last year it was black or white for Carole's birthday party and she arrived in a red flowing number, she looked nice, but I think the sea of black is boring.  Bethenny had a wedding with a guests must wear black or red, I just don't get it.

I think it's for the photos.  Sometimes it seems like everything everywhere these days is more about the photos (Instagram/FB and of course this show) than the event itself.  And while these women often attend and throw events for the show, I know people who do the same thing for their FB/Instagrams.  Seriously. 

Dorinda apparently had been courted to be part of the show for quite a while. I can't remember in which reunion episode that they discussed that John was very desirous of the fame and publicity that went along with appearing on the show. I think Dorinda largely agreed to do the show for John. And lot of Dorinda's talk about sweet wonderful brilliant cultured Richard reaching out to Dorinda from beyond the grave is Dorinda's passive aggressive push back against John for wanting to be on this show because Richard wouldn't have wanted to be on this show and he wouldn't have asked me to be on it either .

This is an interesting take on the situation HunterHunted.  I like it.  

• Love 3

I overstated earlier when I said I never talk to friends about personal grooming.  I think you hit the nail in the head here.  There is a difference about talking to actual friends.  These are coworkers pretending to be friends.  And Bethenny does like to push things.  She's so edgy and cool and racy and  . . . . Except she's not.  She just talks about pubic hair, blow jobs and penises to try to prove that she is edgy.  I find her exhausting. 

I am forever amazed by otherwise knowledgeable people putting stock in psychics,  On these shows, production uses psychics to forward or promote certain story lines.  Of course international lifestyle brand guru Sonja (with a sexy J) considers herself psychic.  I think we can see her talents in the major decisions she has made in life.  Sonja as psychic:  I sense you will invest millions of dollars that you don't have then lose a lawsuit forcing you to sell much of your property and putting you at rick for bankruptcy.  Sonja as Sonja:  I guess I have to do it then.

• Love 7

What was up with Kristen's friend showing up to the anniversary party wearing a red dress? I hate people like that.

By the way, that was Bruce Willis' wife (Emma, maybe?), in case that's of interest to anyone. Notice how Kristen said "she's doing well for herself," or something like that.

• Love 8

By the way, that was Bruce Willis' wife (Emma, maybe?), in case that's of interest to anyone. Notice how Kristen said "she's doing well for herself," or something like that.

That's interesting.  I had no idea.   Was Bruce Willis married to her 10 years ago?

I realize Kristen requested everyone wear black but that still doesn't help me understand why it's so awful to wear a red dress to a wedding. I can't wear one to my nephew's wedding because only the bride wears red in an Indian wedding. I just never heard anyone say that until Carole said it in her TH,

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2

I realize Kristen requested everyone wear black but that still doesn't help me understand why it's so awful to wear a red dress to a wedding. I can't wear one to my nephew's wedding because only the bride wears red in an Indian wedding. I just never hear anyone say that until Carole said it in her TH,

I've never heard it said either, but I kinda get it - red is a very "look at me" color.

I also hate dress codes/requirements for weddings. It's an imposition that's not easy for everyone.

• Love 8

That's interesting.  I had no idea.   Was Bruce Willis married to her 10 years ago?

I realize Kristen requested everyone wear black but that still doesn't help me understand why it's so awful to wear a red dress to a wedding. I can't wear one to my nephew's wedding because only the bride wears red in an Indian wedding. I just never heard anyone say that until Carole said it in her TH,

It apparently is a "thing", which I only recently learned from a friend when helping her select a dress for a wedding. She told me this was common knowledge and I told her she was nuts and researched it myself. It has to do with the fact that red tends to be very attention-grabbing. People wearing red tend to stand out more, and could potentially take focus away from the bride or wedding party. Since the general rule at a wedding is to never do anything that might upstage the bride, many people consider wearing red to be very rude.

• Love 7

I've never heard it said either, but I kinda get it - red is a very "look at me" color.

I also hate dress codes/requirements for weddings. It's an imposition that's not easy for everyone.

I get that but never thought about it before now and wouldn't have thought anything of it if someone had worn a red dress to my wedding.  I think someone did wear a red dress to my son's wedding but I'm not sure.  I don't think a red dress takes the focus off the bride but some people may be insecure.

ETA:  I remember a woman I worked with years ago who had a Christmas wedding and she had all of her bridesmaids dressed in red.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2

I get that but never thought about it before now and wouldn't have thought anything of it if someone had worn a red dress to my wedding.  I think someone did wear a red dress to my son's wedding but I'm not sure.  I don't think a red dress takes the focus off the bride but some people may be insecure.

Only if it's the only red dress in a sea of black dresses.

• Love 6

Only if it's the only red dress in a sea of black dresses.

That's true.  Then again, Kristen's anniversary party wasn't a wedding so her request for everyone to wear black was a little much IMHO.

ETA:  Maybe Kristen was subconsciously mourning the 10 years she spent married to Josh.  LOL

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 9

That's true.  Then again, Kristen's anniversary party wasn't a wedding so her request for everyone to wear black was a little much IMHO.

ETA:  Maybe Kristen was subconsciously mourning the 10 years she spent married to Josh.  LOL

As pretentious as throwing a "White Party", ala Kyle (RHoBH) and Diddy (or whatever his name is now) on the yacht Sonja never set foot on.

• Love 4

As pretentious as throwing a "White Party", ala Kyle (RHoBH) and Diddy (or whatever his name is now) on the yacht Sonja never set foot on.

Not a big Kyle fan, but the white party isn't an attempt to put all the attention on her, so I don't see it in the same way. Kinda a "theme" party, so not much of a fan though....

• Love 5

Not a big Kyle fan, but the white party isn't an attempt to put all the attention on her, so I don't see it in the same way. Kinda a "theme" party, so not much of a fan though....

Oh, please, Kyle's "White Party" is a desperate cry for attention (IMHO).

Unless the "dress code" is WHATEVER, I'll be sending RSVP regrets.  Oversized tees & shorts with flip flops?  I'd be all over it - IF  there is good food and/or booze.  ;-)

• Love 2

The original White Party was a circuit party for gay men that's been in existence since the 70s. The Diner en Blanc is a pop up banquet where everyone dresses up all in white and enjoy a sumptuous picnic in public. It's been in existence since the early 80s. I actually think Diddy (Sean Combs) was drawing from both events when he first started throwing his white parties in the late 90s. The White Party was a big deal in both NYC and Miami when Diddy's career was taking off. Diddy's party has callbacks to both: it has the fancy conspicuous exclusivity of the Diner en Blanc and the hedonism of The White Party. Everyone knew who did and did not get invited to Diddy's. It was covered by not only Hamptons and NY media, but national and international press. They knew who wore what and what happened at the party: diamond cufflinks, guests arriving via helicopter, Cristal fountains, and world renowned chefs making American comfort food. It's interesting because you can track the trajectory of the white party and it has moved to the mainstream the same way trends always move: from a minority group to a slightly bigger group to the mainstream.

Jezebel had a piece about this maybe a week ago.

http://jezebel.com/from-hip-hop-to-housewives-the-real-story-behind-the-h-1727279374

• Love 7

In the Secrets episode Carole's publisher/editor did say right after Labor Day. I don't remember if she said the following day or the following Monday but it was definitely September and Carole did tell Andy October during the reunion.

I believe Kristen asked the women to all wear black to her anniversary party so I can understand her dismay over her maid of honor wearing red. What I didn't understand (or know about) was Carole's statement in her TH that wearing red to a wedding was a NO-NO. My nephew is engaged to a girl whose family is from India. I know red is only worn by the bride at an Indian wedding but I didn't know that wearing red was unacceptable in other cultures. I guess I've been lucky because I never chose to wear a red dress to a wedding.

I haven't heard it was unacceptable. I had near miss disaster back in the early 90's, a friend asked me to be in her sister's wedding . I couldn't because our family would be in California on vacation. Long story short (too late, I know) plans changed and I ended going just a guest. Omg! I dodge a bullet. Her colors were red and white(huh). Big puffy red bridesmaid dresses with a giant white bow on the back (6),all the men in white tuxes with tails and red cummerbunds. Picture it, mullets and crispy crunchy hair... The late 80's and early 90's were rough on a lot of people.

Red at a wedding might be fine, but wow that was ugly!

Sorry to go ot.

Eta: the bow :)

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 7

The original White Party was a circuit party for gay men that's been in existence since the 70s. The Diner en Blanc is a pop up banquet where everyone dresses up all in white and enjoy a sumptuous picnic in public. It's been in existence since the early 80s. I actually think Diddy (Sean Combs) was drawing from both events when he first started throwing his white parties in the late 90s. The White Party was a big deal in both NYC and Miami when Diddy's career was taking off. Diddy's party has callbacks to both: it has the fancy conspicuous exclusivity of the Diner en Blanc and the hedonism of The White Party. Everyone knew who did and did not get invited to Diddy's. It was covered by not only Hamptons and NY media, but national and international press. They knew who wore what and what happened at the party: diamond cufflinks, guests arriving via helicopter, Cristal fountains, and world renowned chefs making American comfort food. It's interesting because you can track the trajectory of the white party and it has moved to the mainstream the same way trends always move: from a minority group to a slightly bigger group to the mainstream.

Jezebel had a piece about this maybe a week ago.

http://jezebel.com/from-hip-hop-to-housewives-the-real-story-behind-the-h-1727279374

Like I said - prefuckingtentious.

• Love 9

It's just so insulting for producers to assume that unless there's arguing and drama, this sort of footage isn't worth showing in the original episodes---most of us would likely call bullshit on that!

[ QUOTE by: Sun-Bun

Yest. 11:33 am ]

------

THIS! Exactly!

• Love 2

I thought it was completely fake too! She kept saying Richard died five years ago. I can understand someone archiving or backing up their old emails but if that was the case, it wouldn't just pop-up. She mentioned having "folders" for her emails but five years is a long time to hold onto emails and emails in "folders" don't just appear like new ones do.

• Love 1

I agree.

Didn't want to comment earlier because I couldn't decide if my 'intense dislike from her onset appearance ' was colouring my perspective. *( This portion of my post is a response to AnnaA's post QUOTEd above)*

I think it's for the photos. Sometimes it seems like everything everywhere these days is more about the photos (Instagram/FB and of course this show) than the event itself. And while these women often attend and throw events for the show, I know people who do the same thing for their FB/Instagrams. Seriously.

This is an interesting take on the situation HunterHunted. I like it.

I REALLY agree with your post.

-------

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 2

I agree.

Didn't want to comment earlier because I couldn't decide if my 'intense dislike from her onset appearance ' was colouring my perspective. *( This portion of my post is a response to AnnaA's post QUOTEd above)*

I REALLY agree with your post.

-------

The email scene did seem a bit fake. I also was hesitant to add any comment because, I really dislike Dorinda, so I wasn't sure if as BookELitist , said, it was coloring my perspective.

Idk, if it was fake, but pretty convenient that the camera crew was there for the moment she shared it with Sonja and Ramona.

• Love 4

On the red dress at a wedding topic, there is a difference between a "pretty, tasteful" red dress and a "out to hook up at the club" red dress. I had a small, elegant wedding and a friend of mine brought her sister as her date. The sister wore a very low cut, short, fire engine red tube dress. Fine for the club but really not appropriate a classy, elegant cocktail party wedding. I blew it off, but many in my family were horrified. I think it's just that "red" can easily go into overly flashy.

• Love 4

What I heard was that Kristen asked the guests to wear black.  Hey, it's her party and guests should abide with that if they're going to come.  Big faux pas by her maid of honor. 

Personally, I would never wear red to a wedding....or white or a bright color.  It's about respecting the bride who should be the person standing out that day.  I find it just weird that Lisa's daughter asked her mother to wear a tiara at her wedding (plus walking down the aisle not escorted by a groomsman) and Lauren Manzo asked her mother to wear white at hers.  I get a scent of mommy issues. 

• Love 6

It is too bad we didn't get to see Kristen's real life friends. Not named Brandi. I had no idea she knew Emma Heming, let alone that they are that close. 

Kristen was dry as dirt on the HW shows without a doubt.  She just doesn't have the personality for it.  But, there is something about her that makes me think she might fare better in a different format.  She does seem fairly smart and capable.  The nail polish line seemed like a snap for her so she probably has a knack for it.  I would like to see a show featuring her and Brandi and their friends.  I think we's also see a different side of Brandi than what we saw on the HW shows.

• Love 2

I've never heard no red at a wedding either. Of course, no white and I was raised also to not wear black since it's a mourning color. That may just be our weird thing though, not an actual thing, as tons of people wear little black dresses to weddings. (Tries to remember if I've ever worn red to a wedding....probably...)

Dorinda is such a mystery to me. Sometimes she looks really pretty, sometimes not so much. Sometimes she seems clever and funny, sometimes she's crude and crass.

• Love 4

Here is an article from Bruce Willis' 60th birthday party-a special thank you to jmtaekman for a photo.  I believe Emma worked with Kristen and introduced her eventually to Brandi and they all became friends.  http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/bruce-willis-60th-birthday-bash-pictures-2015223  Apparently Emma does own at least one black dress.

Here is a story about the party and Emma:  http://www.lohud.com/story/entertainment/people/suburbarazzi/2015/09/04/bruce-willis-wife--real-housewives/71709140/  Carole does not come off well in print with her comments.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 1

I don't have an issue with a hostess asking the guests to wear a specific color. Just another variation of a theme party really and I actually think it's kind of fun. My grandmother loved red. She wore it almost every single day. When she died, we asked the folks attending her funeral to wear red, or put something red on - a scarf, tie, necklace, etc. Of course there were not invites or public declarations of our requests, just something we mentioned to people who were attending. We knew that some people wouldn't be able to do it, because not everyone had something red to wear, but we wanted as many people as possible to do it. Our thoughts were that nothing would make grandma smile more than knowing she had packed a room full of red. The interesting thing was the folks who were offended that we would ask such a thing and dictate their clothing options. It was beautiful in the end to see all that red, but quite a headache as some people accused us of being more interested in a dress code than mourning our dead.

• Love 11

Bethenny being pissed she has to give a great tip when she gets freebies? FUCK her! Jesus, what the hell was that??

Oh, and 7 years ago when she was doing her baking, Bethenny's apartment was bought and paid for by her father, so stop the shit about how she was trying to make rent each month.

This is one of the things that sets my hair on fire about Bethenny. She's always been surrounded by money: Florida boarding school, party life with the Hiltons, first wedding at the Four Seasons, a handbag collection that would buy me a house. On the first season she stated that she was down to $8,000.00 in her bank account, not realizing most people never reach that bank balance. Whether she earned the money herself or not, she's never struggled. I just can't with her Worst Childhood Ever, followed by the Lifetime sequel Worst Divorce Ever.

As far as Richard's letter to Dorinda, maybe the balloon sent it?

• Love 18

From Dreammoods.com

I think this analysis of Ramona's teeth dream is more accurate, don't you?!

"To dream that you have rotting or decaying teeth implies that you may have said something that you shouldn't have. You may have uttered some false or foul words and those words are coming back to haunt you."

Dreams about teeth are so common that they have a whole section on it:

http://www.dreammoods.com/commondreams/teeth-dreams.html

I already had this info because I recently had exactly the same dream....my teeth were all falling out. Wonder what I said? Maybe it was something snarky here?!

I love love love the clips with Sonja and her toof falling out! TOOF!

Edited by CrinkleCutCat
  • Love 3

I think RHONYC has now officially used up all the color dress code party storyline.  Bethenny had the all red, Kristen the black.  Theme parties are great but only one per season and make it really interesting.  Even Carole's in the garden of good and evil was wonderful as far as the details but the part was pretty dull.  Everyone is so busy preening for the cameras they forget they are at a party.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 1

I loved this episode.

The look on Carole's face when she spilled champagne on Kristen's floor, was hilarious! Loved their scenes with the wedding album and wedding dress. I really like Kristen and Carole.

I couldn't understand a thing Dorinda said at the bar with Bethenny. I hope she doesn't return. That e-mail was so fake.

I cannot get over how bad Ramona's new boobs looked at the reunion -- so boxy. She looks horrible. She's also starting to resemble Joan Rivers.

• Love 4