Type keyword(s) to search

S27: Justin & Diana

• Start Topic

THIS captured my feelings about Justin pretty well:

He wants you to think "I'm just enjoying the race," but it's really "Hey!! LOOK AT ME enjoying the race!" And while he is an undeniably good-- no, great -- player, his smugness about it makes him unbearable. Sportsmanship: it's not over-rated... and Justin hasn't a shred of it.

He's not running the race he's performing it!

And why haven't there been any navigation or driving tests? Hmm, is it because say a person from New York who might not even own a car doesn't have driving skills? Who knows, it might cause that said team problems. And oppositely that same team would be much more comfortable and well aquainted with the little tricks of catching public transportation and schedules (taxis, buses, trains, etc.) And there seems to be a lack of situations where there might be an opportunity to shake up the running order?  With all the double legs (to be continued) And the timing of the U turns being suspicious (again, no opportunity to pass) it seems like "THE FIX IS IN" and The Amazing Race from the beginning was setting us up for the Great American love story - 'the just look at how much joy he's having" - the lovable SuperFan and his wife being the champs this year.

• Love 2

I do miss when the teams drive on their own or don't drive stick shift. I can understand Ford not sponsoring cars this season but can't The AR just rent cars? It would be interesting to see if this would foil Justin & Diana's dominance.

Justin is annoying in his cockiness, but he (and Diana) do know how to race.  And I like the way they interacted with the kids.  I'm okay with them winning because they are competent racers (which I enjoy) and I'll forget who won this race within a couple weeks of it ending.

• Love 3

I do miss when the teams drive on their own or don't drive stick shift. I can understand Ford not sponsoring cars this season but can't The AR just rent cars? It would be interesting to see if this would foil Justin & Diana's dominance.

If you seriously go on the Amazing Race without having learned to drive a stick shift vehicle, I feel like you don't deserve to be there.  Its like going to the gym and only bringing stiletto heels...

• Love 4

Justin is a blubbering bitch when things don't go his way.

You can't tell from editing whether the girls arrived just a few minutes or say 30 minutes after the penalty expired.

They did have to get lucky with finding the phone so quickly and with the girls getting screwed over by the cab driver.

• Love 1

I had no idea that Diana is from my area. Apparently, she teaches a few miles from me. I checked their Twitter and they had a viewing party at a local bar in Philly last night. Even, the video that Justin shot of him & the crowd he comes off as a jerk. He made a comment about Krista talking smack. There is something not likable about him even outside the race. There was a shot of Diana at the end. He filmed them & the crowd watching next weeks preview. Obviously, they didn't let on one way or the other how it ends. Right after the show, I thought the news actors might win next week but after seeing Justin at the bar gives me the vibe that he and Diana pull out a win. I really wanted the cheerleaders to get that 3rd spot. I just don't like Justin. He's a cocky bastard when he's in front and winning. When he's not winning he's a crying little baby.

• Love 3

I had no idea that Diana is from my area. Apparently, she teaches a few miles from me. I checked their Twitter and they had a viewing party at a local bar in Philly last night. Even, the video that Justin shot of him & the crowd he comes off as a jerk. He made a comment about Krista talking smack. There is something not likable about him even outside the race. There was a shot of Diana at the end. He filmed them & the crowd watching next weeks preview. Obviously, they didn't let on one way or the other how it ends. Right after the show, I thought the news actors might win next week but after seeing Justin at the bar gives me the vibe that he and Diana pull out a win. I really wanted the cheerleaders to get that 3rd spot. I just don't like Justin. He's a cocky bastard when he's in front and winning. When he's not winning he's a crying little baby.

Wait, I'm in Philly - where are they from? What bar was the viewing party at?

I think the Racers & Survivors often have viewing parties. Sometimes, the have them because they know it's their boot episode & others just have them for the fun of it. I don't think you can read too much into it. That said, if I hadn't seen the video I would have thought they didn't win next week. Now, I'm thinking they do win. There was something about their faces (Justin & Diana) as they watched the previews for the finale.

I came here looking for Justin's occupation. He's a morning radio personality. It all makes sense. The thing he's most proud of? All the lives he's been able to change through his job. What an inflated ego.

He reminds me of the husband of some lame reality star. He defended his job by claiming he saves the lives of young people. His job - bouncer.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

And why haven't there been any navigation or driving tests? Hmm, is it because say a person from New York who might not even own a car doesn't have driving skills? Who knows, it might cause that said team problems. And oppositely that same team would be much more comfortable and well aquainted with the little tricks of catching public transportation and schedules (taxis, buses, trains, etc.) And there seems to be a lack of situations where there might be an opportunity to shake up the running order?  With all the double legs (to be continued) And the timing of the U turns being suspicious (again, no opportunity to pass) it seems like "THE FIX IS IN" and The Amazing Race from the beginning was setting us up for the Great American love story - 'the just look at how much joy he's having" - the lovable SuperFan and his wife being the champs this year.

The two different producers split the duties of course layout and racer selection, and they do not co-ordinate. Anyone who thinks that the Race is designed to give a particular Racer a benefit is seeing a pattern that just isn't there--the person who sets up the Race doesn't know who's racing, and the person who picks the Racers doesn't know where they're going or what they're doing.

(Unless of course they're lying about that and it's a really huge sinister conspiracy, but CBS has a Standards and Practices department set up over fifty years ago precisely to prevent fixing or rigging of their competition shows. I suspect they'd catch it.)

• Love 1

(Unless of course they're lying about that and it's a really huge sinister conspiracy, but CBS has a Standards and Practices department set up over fifty years ago precisely to prevent fixing or rigging of their competition shows. I suspect they'd catch it.)

This subject comes up frequently in the Survivor and Big Brother forums, and the consensus is always that these shows are considered entertainment, and not applicable to the laws in place from the Quiz Show scandal. 

I haven't independently done the research, just repeating what I've read.  I don't know that I believe that tasks are changed to benefit certain contestants, but I do know that the U-turn that eliminated the Texans was incredibly unfair.  When you compare it to - go buy an ice cream cone and eat it - something's fishy.

I think that those who follow the Big Brother feeds tend to believe that a great deal of that show is manipulated by producers - what secrets are revealed, what lies are told, and who the HGs are encouraged to vote out.

• Love 2

I haven't independently done the research, just repeating what I've read.  I don't know that I believe that tasks are changed to benefit certain contestants, but I do know that the U-turn that eliminated the Texans was incredibly unfair.  When you compare it to - go buy an ice cream cone and eat it - something's fishy.

The thing to remember about the Race is that their goal is never to be fair, it's to be suspenseful. This means that penalties, challenges, bunches, travel times, all of it is designed to make the Racer feel as though every decision they make is a potential game-changer. They put in unpredictable bunching times so that the frontrunners don't get complacent, they put in unpredictable non-elimination legs so that nobody ever feels safe, and they put in unpredictable penalties for non-elimination legs so that teams spared from elimination race with urgency. I feel like once you understand that the Race is intended to be capricious and random, a lot of things that seem like they're rigged make more sense. :)

• Love 3

This subject comes up frequently in the Survivor and Big Brother forums, and the consensus is always that these shows are considered entertainment, and not applicable to the laws in place from the Quiz Show scandal. 

I think that those who follow the Big Brother feeds tend to believe that a great deal of that show is manipulated by producers - what secrets are revealed, what lies are told, and who the HGs are encouraged to vote out.

If people are competing for prize money, then the show is subject to the "Quiz Show" regulations. When they're just getting paid for appearing on a reality show (e.g., The Real World, Real Housewives, etc.) then the producers can do whatever tinkering they like.

I feel like the second placers are usually disappointed about not winning the million, but still pretty satisfied with themselves for making it the whole Race and glad for the experience. Justin, on the other hand, is probably never going to be able to look back at what a great experience they had, instead letting the whole thing be tarnished by the fact that they didn't win the last leg--even though they won tons of prizes and cash in all those other legs. Part of me feels sorry for him because of that. (The other part of me says, "Ha! Glad to see you lose, sucka.")

I feel like the second placers are usually disappointed about not winning the million, but still pretty satisfied with themselves for making it the whole Race and glad for the experience. Justin, on the other hand, is probably never going to be able to look back at what a great experience they had, instead letting the whole thing be tarnished by the fact that they didn't win the last leg--even though they won tons of prizes and cash in all those other legs. Part of me feels sorry for him because of that. (The other part of me says, "Ha! Glad to see you lose, sucka.")

• Love 5

Justin is an ugly crier. He blew it with the cabbie. In real life you wouldn't want to give into the cabbies demands but on The Amazing Race you have to. Especially, when it's the final leg. He was right. That is what cost him the race. I never liked him because he was so cocky and only happy when he was leading or finished first. When he was behind or didn't finish first he was a cry baby. I was happy with how the show ended. Also, it's very rude to read Phil's lines. He only has so much to do so shut your mouth and let him do his job. And, I want to live in the house in Southhampton. Where is it exactly? How much is it and will the homeowners move out before New Years? I would like to plan a party. LOL!!!

• Love 6

Justin is an ugly crier. He blew it with the cabbie. In real life you wouldn't want to give into the cabbies demands but on The Amazing Race you have to. Especially, when it's the final leg. He was right. That is what cost him the race. I never liked him because he was so cocky and only happy when he was leading or finished first. When he was behind or didn't finish first he was a cry baby. I was happy with how the show ended. Also, it's very rude to read Phil's lines. He only has so much to do so shut your mouth and let him do his job. And, I want to live in the house in Southhampton. Where is it exactly? How much is it and will the homeowners move out before New Years? I would like to plan a party. LOL!!!

Yeah, but those tears were sweet.  It wouldn't have been as good if he tried to keep it manly and hide them.

I thought the cabbie had a valid point, I've never had a cabbie wait for me without running the meter.  And to have to wait for them  to complete a task without some additional money or promise of money seemed a bit much.  The cabbie had no idea how long the task would take or what, and the last thing he would want would be to potentially get stiffed.

I thought it was phenomenally rude of Justin to do that to Phil.  He was just a bitter betty because he lost and Justin is all fun until things don't go his way.  So glad he lost and doubly glad that it was his fault....although Diana doesn't seem too far behind.

• Love 5

It's a given even here in Tucson that if a cabbie waits it's running the meter (though I think some have set rates for waiting). Even a never been in NYC (except for LaGuardia) hick like me knows this. Did Justin think his green-hatted "awesomeness" would keep a cabbie waiting?

• Love 2

Justin saying, "I don't know if I'll ever get over this." (losing)  Clearly he has a lot of growing up and living to do.  If coming in second on TAR is the worst thing that ever happens to him, he's one lucky dude.  Losing a life partner to cancer.  Losing a child to SIDS or any other reason.  Losing your best friend to a terrorist attack (as in San Bernandino, Paris, the Twin Towers, etc.).  Being paralyzed due to a IED or a drunk driver plowing into you.  Those are all things that would be extremely difficult to "get over."  But losing TAR?  Not even close.

I thought Diana was better than him.  Her appearance is similar to a young Barbra Streisand.  No idea what she sees in him, though.

• Love 6

what did Justin do to Phil?

I also was not very impressed with him reeling off their previous prizes... I'm pretty sure they must have prepared that and were ready to spout that on the Mat "when" they won.

I'm so glad th lost. Now I can watch the final. Justin in particular, but Diana too, made it unwatchable for me.

Isn't it kind of ironic, that they were saved for the final leg because the cheerleaders had trouble with their cab driver and now they lost because they had trouble (self made) with their cab?

Lot of those prizes, especially the trips, aren't worth it.

Even if they can take time off work for all those trips, there are a lot of taxes to pay.  And they probably still incur costs to take those trips.  I think other AR contestants who won a lot of races maybe took one or two of the trips and either tried to sell off the rest or refused them for tax purposes.

• Love 2

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the trip prizes on Wheel of Fortune are a) not all-inclusive, b) valued at the full undiscounted rate for airfare, hotel, etc, and c) if refused you still have to pay the tax...  The article pointed out that for the money you could usually personally book a much better deal yourself, but as a prize you were stuck.  Unless I heard "all expenses paid" (which I haven't heard for a trip prize announcement in decades), I would not want to win a trip.

Justin has been responding to a few negative comments on Twitter. I noticed that someone he knew from Scouting created a user named Justin's Tears, and has been ragging on him for a few weeks. He apparently was a bit much back then, too.

Some are kind of humorous. One person told him he was the most annoying racer in the history of the race, and he responded, "Looks like we made it in the history books again!" When someone asked Phil if he would do a show bringing back racers to discuss their experiences, and Phil tweets maybe after season 28,  Jason responds, "should be hosted by an ex racer/superfan if only you knew 1 who has been interviewing people for 15 years #PickMe." SMH. 

But then, last week, after insulting the cab driver in Hong Kong, he started responding to people who called him rude by demanding that they point on what he said that was rude, and insisting that no one ever actually answers. He's not just an obnoxious blowhard, he is completely oblivious to how he comes across to others. 

Justin's Twitter: https://twitter.com/JustinClassic1/with_replies

• Love 2

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the trip prizes on Wheel of Fortune are a) not all-inclusive, b) valued at the full undiscounted rate for airfare, hotel, etc, and c) if refused you still have to pay the tax... The article pointed out that for the money you could usually personally book a much better deal yourself, but as a prize you were stuck. Unless I heard "all expenses paid" (which I haven't heard for a trip prize announcement in decades), I would not want to win a trip.

Wheel of Fortune gives away tours to Central America run by Caravan tours and those are all-inclusive tours (except the obvious: souvenirs, booze, tips at the end and things like ziplining instead of going on a provided tour). WoF usually provide the plane trip out of LAX and back so if you live there or can get there cheaply it might not be bad.

Justin is saying on twitter no racers have ever tipped a cabbie. What?

Justin is saying on twitter no racers have ever tipped a cabbie. What?

Hahahhaha. That is some S1 throwback symmetry, because (correct me if I'm wrong) Rob and Brennan suffered the original recipe taxi karma and to make up for it tipped their final NYC cabbie $100.

• Love 3

Hahahhaha. That is some S1 throwback symmetry, because (correct me if I'm wrong) Rob and Brennan suffered the original recipe taxi karma and to make up for it tipped their final NYC cabbie $100.

And Rob and Brennan pointed out that a lot of other people didn't tip their cabbies either, it just wasn't shown on camera. :) According to them, it was a rare thing to tip because they all had limited funds and you never knew what you might need them for. It's just that they only show the footage when someone doesn't tip and subsequently has taxi troubles, creating the myth of "taxi karma".

Not just by letting go of his old taxi--he panicked when he didn't see a taxi right there. He could have borrowed a phone and called for a new one, but he instead headed out on foot hoping to find one just sitting there waiting for a fare, in a part of town where taxis clearly weren't frequent.

And the house in Southhampton probably costs more to rent for the summer than your house does to buy outright. :) Luxury homes right on the beach like that are very much in demand, and a summer rental goes for about $250,000-$300,000 dollars depending on location and amenities. They're for people with more money than sense.

• Love 1

he chides people for not being original, and than goes on to call his detractors "haters" instead of considering that they might be right about him being rude.  

Thats hardly an original position for a reality show ass.

• Love 1

The two words I have hated in the few years have been haters & bullies (bullying). It seems that stupid celebrities like the Kardashian's use those words when people (mostly on Twitter) don't agree with what they say or do. That's what Justin is doing. Instead of realizing he was sort of a jerk this season he uses the hater(s) word. Drives.me.up.a.wall. Maybe, I'm too old (51) for the Twitter arguments. It's too bad that this season has been more about Justin & Diana than the newscasters who actually won. I'm sure they are fine with it since they won and have the million dollars but this season seems to more about the losers instead of the winners.

• Love 2

As one of the major proponents of the #FreeDiana movement, the finale has made me majorly rethink that decision. After seeing how she behaved with the cab driver who refused to take them, I think she either enjoys the freedom of being a jerk when she's around him or she's also a stealth jerk herself.

I just hope when they're on their "babymoon" (blech), she enjoys listening to the following:

"Why did Diana have to be the one to be pregnant?" :single tear: "I'm so much better with pain than she is, and my stomach is so much stronger. I'd be better at breastfeeding. And I'm better with getting up in the middle of the night." :sniffles: "I'd just be so much better at pregnancy than she is! Pregnancy was made for me!"

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Just listened to Justin & Diana on RHAP. Nothing earth shattering but he is already (begging) hoping for another Amazing Race All-Star or Unfinished Business invite. I hope they don't get asked just because it's what Justin wants. Yes, I'm petty like that. LOL!!!

• Love 9

Just listened to Justin & Diana on RHAP. Nothing earth shattering but he is already (begging) hoping for another Amazing Race All-Star or Unfinished Business invite. I hope they don't get asked just because it's what Justin wants. Yes, I'm petty like that. LOL!!!

I was just coming in to say that I think, barring something happening where they cannot take part, the will be back for another season.  There has not been a truly annoying team (Besides the Twins and yes I am still bitter that one of them won Survivor) in some time on the show so Justin would fit that bill.

He will be 95 years old and still begging to get back on TAR and thinking he's 'all that' and will win the race.  And likely still be obnoxious. 

Saw in one of the posts here or some tweet of his that "Well I made it into to the history books anyway!" in response to being called one of the most obnoxious players in the history of TAR (or something like that).  No Justin- that is one record you do NOT want to admit to! One record you DON'T want.  And.. there isn't an official 'entry' for that anyway- just how the fans feel.

I hope they don't get asked either.

• Love 4

someone mentioned the possibility of an "all-villain" season, and I would be fine with him on a season like that.  And I would watch it because that way I wouldn't care and I could just enjoy the purity of the race.  Other than that I hope he doesn't get asked back.  I just don't like people who actively work to game the system, or feel like their 10 minutes of reality show fame has given them die hard fans that are going to seriously petition on their behalf.  That people really have nothing else to do in their life.....and I'm not even going to say that people don't have anything more important to do, or anything more productive to do.   Just the assumption that people have nothing else they want to do besides ensuring that Justin is on a reality show just seems like such arrogance to me.  If you had that big an effect on people and they naturally start some letter writing campaign, I guess thats fine, but to assume that you suddenly have this army of fans that you can control with your very command is so very Justin.

• Love 2

In reading the other thread that the 2nd half of an interview was up, seems like Justin is 'encouraging' any of his fans to stalk TPTB to get on a AllStars/Unfinished Business 2  as he will do it too.  I haven't read it yet but I can't tell whether he's joking or is actually serious (probably #2).

I did see the fake TAR video (while roaming the webs to see the general reactions about Justin)- and while the idea is nice- the whole thing was so cheesy and contrived.  That and the actual proposal was odd- he bungled through that (dropping the ring and grabbing the wrong hand) and for me at least Diana didn't look all that thrilled or excited.  Maybe she was and it just didn't translate well to the video..?  As for my wanderings...  a huge majority dislike him- some quite intensely and a minority love him- some quite intensely.

I found their Facebook page, and I find it extremely suspicious that every comment I saw was overflowing with praise.  Not one negative comment at all?  Methinks he is working overtime to delete all the negative comments and block people.  From all of the comment on his page, you'd think they were the King and Queen of England.  Also, more than a few comments talking about how he is so good looking.   Yuck,  I think he must be getting all of his friends and family to post.

• Love 2

I found their Facebook page, and I find it extremely suspicious that every comment I saw was overflowing with praise.  Not one negative comment at all?  Methinks he is working overtime to delete all the negative comments and block people.  From all of the comment on his page, you'd think they were the King and Queen of England.  Also, more than a few comments talking about how he is so good looking.   Yuck,  I think he must be getting all of his friends and family to post.

I can't imagine Justin having friends.  He probably just annoys people until they give in because they don't want to be bothered anymore.

I can't imagine Justin having friends.  He probably just annoys people until they give in because they don't want to be bothered anymore.

I regularly see packs of Justins leaving bars at 2AM. 

• Love 5

I can see them being invited back for another All-Star edition, but I don't think they would technically fall into the Unfinished Business version, which I realize is just another All-Star edition. But Unfinished Business seemed to be more for teams that had something really out of their control happen, like an injury, lost passport etc. that took them out of the race. Nothing like that happened to J/D they just didn't win after assuming they had a god-given right to win. Of course I hope to never see them on my tv screen again.

• Love 1

I can see them being invited back for another All-Star edition, but I don't think they would technically fall into the Unfinished Business version, which I realize is just another All-Star edition. But Unfinished Business seemed to be more for teams that had something really out of their control happen, like an injury, lost passport etc. that took them out of the race. Nothing like that happened to J/D they just didn't win after assuming they had a god-given right to win. Of course I hope to never see them on my tv screen again.

Not all the teams on Unfinished Business were eliminated due to things beyond there control.

Jen & Kisha were eliminated because one of them decided to pee before checking in.

Flight Time and Big Easy were eliminated because after hours of trying one of them couldn't unscramble AFZNR to spell "Franz", even when told the first letter was F.

I think Jet & Cord just lost in the final leg.

I am not sure about the rest, but clearly you don't need some sort of unusual occurrence to qualify for UB.