Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E20: Reunion (Part I)

• Start Topic

Beth can't talk about her divorce but she kinda talks about her divorce and then Carole talks about the divorce.  Or at least the child custody.  Bottom line is that there are three sides to every story and Beth should have not taken back Jason's man cave.  Yeah.  I'm serious.  I think it less about Jason getting instant fame like Beth is trying to portray it and more about 'power'.  That's what I got from BEA.

I don't think it's about fame or power, but about money. Sonja is a cautionary tale about an ex who can't let go of the lifestyle that her ex's money afforded her. I think Jason should take note. Regarding Jason and the man cave, Bethenny bought the apartment. If Jason wants a man cave, he can build himself one in his own apartment IMO.

• Love 13

I can't believe when Heather was ratting out Ramona to Bethenny for calling her a cheater she didn't drop the LuAnn was plotting to bring you down toast. Seems awfully convenient this nugget makes its way to Bethenny once Heather and Carole are on the outs with LuAnn. Either that or Bethenny feigns surprise very well.

But why would she have said anything to Beth about Lu at that point? Beth said that Heather told her when they were at that bar in T&C when Beth was remarking that she couldn't believe how Ramona was treating her. At that time, Lu and Heather were still in love. I think this will be easy for most people to believe, and if Heather is making it up, she is doing a smart job of making something up that wouldn't shock most people. Lu was no doubt feeling vulnerable going into this season, and certainly there was no love lost between her and Beth. Hardly a big stretch to imagine that Lu was less than thrilled to have her back.

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 5

I don't think it's about fame or power, but about money. Sonja is a cautionary tale about an ex who can't let go of the lifestyle that her ex's money afforded her. I think Jason should take note. Regarding Jason and the man cave, Bethenny bought the apartment. If Jason wants a man cave, he can build himself one in his own apartment IMO.

The power comes from the money - which is my point.  Beth said it was about fame and losing it.

Marriage is an equal partnership.  They agreed that Jason would have a man cave.  She used her 'power' (money) to take it away because she decided she needed a bigger closet.  This speaks volumes about the marriage and why it wasn't going to work IMO.

• Love 15

Sonja is ridiculous. When Beth was talking about the divorce, it has been 3 year process or whatever. Off to the side pipes the lady of delusional thinking, "I'm at ten years." lol.

I loved Carole's eye roll. Whether it was in response to Sonja or something else (and they just edited it in at that moment), it was perfect. 

ETA: Because "prefect' and "perfect" are two different words.

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 8

I loved Carole's eye roll. Whether it was in response to Sonja or something else (and they just edited it in at that moment), it was prefect. 

She rolled her eyes once when Andy commented on Lu's "smoky" voice, and Lu said it was because she had been singing a lot. 

• Love 6

The power comes from the money - which is my point. Beth said it was about fame and losing it.

Marriage is an equal partnership. They agreed that Jason would have a man cave. She used her 'power' (money) to take it away because she decided she needed a bigger closet. This speaks volumes about the marriage and why it wasn't going to work IMO.

With the fame comes the money and the power. They are fighting over the money, not the fame. I think Bethenny was being careful (by making the comment about fame, not money).

I agree the closet/man cave was indicative of their relationship. Bethenny was footing the bill, why shouldn't she get the closet she always dreamed of? Bethenny earned the money that allowed them to live a certain lifestyle, and Jason felt entitled to it, and still does. I can't wait until he gets kicked out of that apartment!

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 13

She rolled her eyes once when Andy commented on Lu's "smoky" voice, and Lu said it was because she had been singing a lot. 

^ Lol.  I giggled and thought boy oh boy is this gonna be a good one. 

What was with the style of Lu's dress?  I'm too lazy to go back and check but one of ya'll said shimmery? or sequined theme?   Swing and a miss Countess.  Hideous.

• Love 5

^ Lol. I giggled and thought boy oh boy is this gonna be a good one.

What was with the style of Lu's dress? I'm too lazy to go back and check but one of ya'll said shimmery? or sequined theme? Swing and a miss Countess. Hideous.

Lol, LuAnn's inspiration for her reunion creation.fish-600-omega-3.jpg

real-housewives-of-new-york-season-7-reu

Edited by talula
  • Love 9

An acrimonious divorce can lead using the children as weapons in the fight. Bethenney should have watched  The War of the Roses.  Danny DeVito's advice at the end of the movie is very good.

"A civilised divorce is a contradiction in terms........     So, look. Here it is.......   When it comes to your wife, l'm going to urge you to be generous to the point of night sweats.  The all-important thing is to get you through this as quickly and cleanly as possible so that you can begin rebuilding your life.

Or...you can get up and go home, and try to find some shred of what you once loved about the sweetheart of your youth."

Something told me Bethenney fought tooth and nail not to give up anything she thought was hers and they both and her little girl are suffering for it.  

• Love 12

With the fame comes the money and the power. They are fighting over the money, not the fame. I think Bethenny was being careful (by making the comment about fame, not money).

I agree the closet/man cave was indicative of their relationship. Bethenny was footing the bill, why shouldn't she get the closet she always dreamed of? Bethenny earned the money that allowed them to live a certain lifestyle, and Jason felt entitled to it, and still does. I can't wait until he gets kicked out of that apartment!

Any marriage, where it is only about 1 person/spouse in the marriage is a warning sign that the marriage is doomed. When I got married, my husband made far, far more money than I did and his taste's in decorating the house were different than mine but we met in the middle. It was not "his" house even though he out earned me and we decorated our house as a couple, not for the individual that earned the most money. When you marry, you leave behind the "me" attitude when it comes to shared spaces, like the home, it becomes "ours", and IMO, Bethenny never, ever, intended on that apartment becoming part of a "our" home, even when THEY bought it as a couple. Somewhere along the way, Bethenny realized she did not want to be married to Jason and, IMO, that happened before they bought the apartment, hence her freezing him out of any say so in designing/decorating it. I also believe she didn't divorce him or at least separate from him when she realized that because of her show and she feared backlash from viewers more than anyone else.

• Love 19

Any marriage, where it is only about 1 person/spouse in the marriage is a warning sign that the marriage is doomed. When I got married, my husband made far, far more money than I did and his taste's in decorating the house were different than mine but we met in the middle. It was not "his" house even though he out earned me and we decorated our house as a couple, not for the individual that earned the most money. When you marry, you leave behind the "me" attitude when it comes to shared spaces, like the home, it becomes "ours", and IMO, Bethenny never, ever, intended on that apartment becoming part of a "our" home, even when THEY bought it as a couple. Somewhere along the way, Bethenny realized she did not want to be married to Jason and, IMO, that happened before they bought the apartment, hence her freezing him out of any say so in designing/decorating it. I also believe she didn't divorce him or at least separate from him when she realized that because of her show and she feared backlash from viewers more than anyone else.

But "they" didn't buy it as a couple. Bethenny paid 2.7 million cash from an account that was only in her name, and the remaining 2.3 million was in the form of a loan of which Bethenny has paid and continues to pay. Jason "contributed no funds towards the purchase of the apartment". http://radaronline.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Bethenny-Frankel-Appeal-Doc.pdf

Jason doesn't seem to have that much of a problem with the decor, considering he won't leave. I guess free is his favorite style of decor.

• Love 19

Once you sign a marriage contract, it's no longer just about 'you'.  And 'yours' and all you want, whether you're footing the bill or not.  If you go into a marriage with that kind of attitude, chances are it will not last.

But "they" didn't buy it as a couple. Bethenny paid 2.7 million cash from an account that was only in her name, and the remaining 2.3 million was in the form of a loan of which Bethenny has paid and continues to pay. Jason "contributed no funds towards the purchase of the apartment". http://radaronline.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Bethenny-Frankel-Appeal-Doc.pdf

Jason doesn't seem to have that much of a problem with the decor, considering he won't leave. I guess free is his favorite style of decor.

Actually it was paid for by a trust and the loan is being paid for by the trust.  And that's all I gotta say because we've beaten this to death.

• Love 9

Once you sign a marriage contract, it's no longer just about 'you'.  And 'yours' and all you want, whether you're footing the bill or not.  If you go into a marriage with that kind of attitude, chances are it will not last.

Actually it was paid for by a trust and the loan is being paid for by the trust.  And that's all I gotta say because we've beaten this to death.

So then why isn't Jason criticized for throwing a fit about the man cave, which is what *he* wanted? The trust isn't paying the bill, Bethenny's is and was...and now the trust doesn't exist and legally never existed.

We probably should take this to the B v J divorce thread for future discussion.

• Love 1

So then why isn't Jason criticized for throwing a fit about the man cave, which is what *he* wanted? The trust isn't paying the bill, Bethenny's is and was...and now the trust doesn't exist and legally never existed.

We probably should take this to the B v J divorce thread for future discussion.

But Jason didn't throw a fit as far as I can remember. 

Yep, should be taken to the divorce thread.

• Love 5

Bethenny made a not-so-veiled comment about when somebody sees "shiny objects" and doesn't want them taken away re her protacted divorce … 

I think she saw shiny sperm … tall, good-looking (compared to the puffy oafs she's used to dating) with grandparents and AH HA!

• Love 12

Wait. Why is she all the way up out of her seat?

If I was wearing that dress, I would try to disappear into the couch. That is one ugly dress!

Lu is really trying to sell her story.

Heather and Carole broke Lu's laughable girl code(whatever that is).

Did we see Dorinda making fun of Heather crying? Or is that coming up? I really can't stand Dorinda.

I'm glad Heather is going to out Lu regarding Beth.

• Love 9

Seeing Luann's entire dress...wow, that's horrible.  It was bad enough from the waist up, but the rest of it is even worse.

And, why, why is Heather wearing a robe?

Shiny and metallic was a terrible choice for the reunion.  I like what Beth is wearing.  That seems like normal clothes.  More of them should wear pants to the reunions because 1) the dresses are usually awful, 2) they are sitting there all freaking day long so should be comfortable instead of constantly having to pull down short skirts, watch out when crossing their legs, or hike up falling necklines, and 3) the shiny makes my eyes bleed. 

Edited by izabella
  • Love 11

If Bethenny was single when she bought the apartment, it would be hers, although Jason would still have rights because they lived in it as a married couple. BUT they bought it as a married couple for the use as the family home, not just Bethenny's sole usage. Jason has a claim and will get a % of the apartments worth if NY law is anything like Pa's laws. My son bought his home before he was married, they were engaged though, my DIL is not on the deed or the mortgage but if they ever get divorced, she will get about 40% of the market value of the house, oh, and he pays 90% of all the house hold bills as he makes far more money than she ever will.

• Love 2

Seeing Luann's entire dress...wow, that's horrible. It was bad enough from the waist up, but the rest of it is even worse.

And, why, why is Heather wearing a robe?

Shiny and metallic was a terrible choice for the reunion. I like what Beth is wearing. That seems like normal clothes. More of them should wear pants to the reunions because 1) the dresses are usually awful, 2) they are sitting there all freaking day long so should be comfortable instead of constantly having to pull down short skirts, watch out when crossing their legs, or hike up falling necklines, and 3) the shiny makes my eyes bleed.

I don't care for Heather's robe/dress either and Beth imo looks the best.

Who chooses the dress code? Shiny metallic dresses look good on almost no one.

And, I say almost no one because I'm sure way back in the 80's there was a stripper/hooker on Miami Vice that looked great..... Maybe?

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 8

If Bethenny was single when she bought the apartment, it would be hers, although Jason would still have rights because they lived in it as a married couple. BUT they bought it as a married couple for the use as the family home, not just Bethenny's sole usage. Jason has a claim and will get a % of the apartments worth if NY law is anything like Pa's laws. My son bought his home before he was married, they were engaged though, my DIL is not on the deed or the mortgage but if they ever get divorced, she will get about 40% of the market value of the house, oh, and he pays 90% of all the house hold bills as he makes far more money than she ever will.

Responding in the divorce topic.

Shiny and metallic was a terrible choice for the reunion.  I like what Beth is wearing.  That seems like normal clothes.  More of them should wear pants to the reunions because 1) the dresses are usually awful, 2) they are sitting there all freaking day long so should be comfortable instead of constantly having to pull down short skirts, watch out when crossing their legs, or hike up falling necklines, and 3) the shiny makes my eyes bleed. 

I agree with all three points.  And I'll add a 4) Because for some reason, all HWs across all franchises seem to feel a need to grease up their legs as if they were getting ready to swim the English Channel rather than sit on a couch for a few hours.  With the grease and the spray tans, it's like looking at a row of fried chickens.  OC and Atlanta are the worst, I think, but NYC does it, too.  A very excellent argument for either pants or panythose, now that I think of it.  If you've gotta lube 'em up to that extent, they may not be ready for prime time.

• Love 11

Wait. Why is she all the way up out of her seat?

Whatever she's about to do there, the worst part is it gave her old lady neck.  She's one of the most naturally beautiful HWs in the franchise but I would love to see her face see this.  Lol!

• Love 6

That moment felt like Bethenny's workaround to talking about Jason. She has deniability by saying that she didn't speak publicly about Jason; that it was her friend who spoke about him.

Right. But then a moment later, she bad mouthed him herself, with that fame and shiny things comment.

I'm not sure if you meant deniability in terms of legally or morally, but if you meant legally, I think the divorce gag order is a myth. I think it's been speculated, but no one knows for sure.

And here's the thing about the "shiny things" dig - I think it was unfair and inaccurate in regards to fame, as Jason hasn't said or done a single thing publicly since they separated, but it seems undoubtedly true re: shiny things. But how is that different than any other person that marries a wealthier person? And more importantly, it completely negates what Bethenny "got" from Jason, and how much she used him. Just for starters: a baby, a spin-off show, a book tour, a family life - even if she didn't want it personally, she certainly took advantage of it professionally.

• Love 8

Heather said that in regards to Sonja. I never understood why that was considered a diss? Sonja is not a designer. She slaps her name on her line, just like every other HW, who pushes their products.

Oh, that's right, I forgot, Sonja's clothing line is for the classes not the masses, nevermind.

Hey now, Sonja sucked a lot of wizened wang to be able to adorn herself in only the best as sold by Bergdorf's roughly 10-15 years ago.  Respect!  Of course she thinks she's better than women who choose their clothes based on what they can pay based on money they earn from those they are not in fact sleeping with.  And so her fictional customers are also of the classes, thus the 3 and 4-digit prices on her fable of a fashion line.  Though I think everyone will be screwed if someone enters a valid credit card into that janky website.

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Love 8

Right. But then a moment later, she bad mouthed him herself, with that fame and shiny things comment.

I'm not sure if you meant deniability in terms of legally or morally, but if you meant legally, I think the divorce gag order is a myth. I think it's been speculated, but no one knows for sure.

And here's the thing about the "shiny things" dig - I think it was unfair and inaccurate in regards to fame, as Jason hasn't said or done a single thing publicly since they separated, but it seems undoubtedly true re: shiny things. But how is that different than any other person that marries a wealthier person? And more importantly, it completely negates what Bethenny "got" from Jason, and how much she used him. Just for starters: a baby, a spin-off show, a book tour, a family life - even if she didn't want it personally, she certainly took advantage of it professionally.

Yeah, I meant legally because I was under the impression that a divorce gag order exists (existed?). 

• Love 1

Ramona covered everything up.  She was smart.

Except she usually wears things so tight that she can't sit up straight and has to lean wayyyy back on the couch in order to breathe.  Maybe that's why she fell asleep - lack of oxygen to her brain made her pass out.

Yes, ahem, SONJA, who simply cannot let go of her shiny things past and still believes she deserves all the shiny things her ex had, yachts and all.

• Love 4

Yeah, I meant legally because I was under the impression that a divorce gag order exists (existed?).

Or Bethenny may have said per the financial agreements (or even the pre-nup) … you talk to the press, you get nothing.  

Bethenny acknowledged there is a gag order in effect as far as the divorce goes.  If Jason was such an awful person-a person she married out of fear, why did she spend the better part of three years telling him how much she loved him on TV?  Because of that I see absolutely zero realness in her relationships with the other women.  Kind of stupid of Andrew Cohen to put Bethenny up first and her cop to being an across the board bitch - there goes any meaningful discussion of her specific behavior now Andy just has a co-host.

• Love 7

When I saw these photos on the Bravo website, the pictures of Kristen with those ridiculous extensions and really, really big dress reminded me of someone or something that cracked me up.  As I was putting the images together, my short term memory loss kicked in and I totally forgot what comparison I had made.  I hope these pictures of Kristen trigger the same thought (whatever it was) for one of you because it's driving me crazy. 

Kristen%20Reunion%20Duo_zpsyiytahnw.jpg

Speaking of really bad looks.........

What the hell do you call this?

heather%20reunion%20dress_zpsfzwzvftx.jp

• Love 10

When I saw these photos on the Bravo website, the pictures of Kristen with those ridiculous extensions and really, really big dress reminded me of someone or something that cracked me up.  As I was putting the images together, my short term memory loss kicked in and I totally forgot what comparison I had made.  I hope these pictures of Kristen trigger the same thought (whatever it was) for one of you because it's driving me crazy. 

I'm not fond of either look.  Kristen's because I become focused on her boobs waiting for a Nip slip (yeah I'm a 12 year old boy) and Heather's outfit just looks messy.

• Love 3

Galadriel?  Kristen's hair looks ridiculous and cheap.  Polyester weaves are not pretty.  Looks like Aviva's stepmom, Cody, did her nails.  I'm surprised because Kristen's hair and clothes are usually on point.

galadriel.jpg

• Love 9

Heather can drive me nuts when she tries to be fashion forward with dresses like this! I love the color on her but the dress is a complete mess and wrong for her body type IMHO. LOL

• Love 8

Galadriel?  Kristen's hair looks ridiculous and cheap.  Polyester weaves are not pretty.  Looks like Aviva's stepmom, Cody, did her nails.  I'm surprised because Kristen's hair and clothes are usually on point.

galadriel.jpg

OMG!  That's it.

I never watched Lord of the Rings so I didn't know her name or where it came from but I had that exact image in my head.  I thought maybe it was someone from Harry Potter (another popular one I had no interest in watching or reading).

ETA:  Thank you.  I didn't know she was in Lord of the Rings until you supplied her name and I looked it up.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 4

Ugh. That green on Heather is awful. That's a bad color on most--some redheads can wear olive but not anyone with Heather's coloring.

Kristens is a huge miss. Unlike her.

• Love 2

I like the color on Heather.  But it looks like she decided to multi-task her outfit by dressing for the gym, a cocktail party and bed.  Messy.  All that's missing are Carole's bunny ears and she could've added masquerade ball to the list.  But she's got green eyes - I think the color suits her.

• Love 15

I think that Heather can appear quite beautiful in certain scenes. Her talking heads this season did her no favors but she was absolutely stunning in the canary yellow minidress that she wore out in Turks and Caicos as well as during her post-trip dinner with Carole. I think that simple silhouettes and minimal jewelry work best for her. The choker on her in the previews is as irksome as the sloppy draping . . . From a wide angle, Kristen and Dorinda look the best. But the details on Kristen are problematic. It looks like she might have been angling for Scarface fabulous but she should have found a better weave; hers is almost as horrific as Carole's tracks. The design of LuAnn's frock is fab but the sea-green color incongruously twee and cutesy. B looks haggard and the color scheme telegraphs more secretarial than sophisticated. Carole lacks the chest for strapless; one has to boast very specific measurements to pull it off, imo.

• Love 6

I think Heather was trying to recreate that really great look LuAnn had on vacation (the morning after) sporting the loose wrap robe and (Yummy) bra. Now that was a winner and showed off the Yummy bra in a way that people favorably posted about. Sadly, Heather could not create the same easy look but will probably be able to get in a mention about her product anyway.

• Love 3

If the worst thing someone can accuse me of is taking seven or eight rings to answer the phone, I must not be doing too much wrong!  It sounds as if Jason is answering the phone.  He's just not getting to it fast enough to suit some people.  It often takes me that many rings just to retrieve my phone.

• Love 12

So far I'm not really feeling anyone's look.  I do reserve the right to change my mind. 

Too much 'shiny' on Lu, Sonja and Ro.  Beth looks pregnant.  I don't know what Heather was going for.  Kris, you have perfect hair - don't mess with it.  I can't remember what Carole was wearing. 

• Love 6