Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: Lies Of Omission

Unlikely ally could be anyone, Peter, Deucalion, Kate, Gerard or Valaak. You'd think they would have looked into Parrish once he got his name on the Hit List last season but I guess looking into things would require effort.

Scott and Stiles eventual blow-up was even more stupid than I thought it would be.  Stiles inexplicable decision to hide what had happened never made sense and allowed this revelation to happen the way it did.  Then he's incapable of even explaining how it really went down.  Then you have Scott, a little twit who never met a murderer he didn't set free without any consequences.  His speech at the end was pathetic and naïve, proving himself not a true friend.

• Love 5

Unlikely ally was.... his inhaler?  Oh, I get it, it was his confession to Theo at the beginning.  Wow, talk about a misleading description.

Liam: "You know the  combination?"

Hayley: "It's 12-34-56"

L: "...umm, that's..."

H: "yeah, he's an idiot".

I don't get it.

This season is ending with a cliffhanger right?  9th episode and not even close to working the problem. 

The fight with the DD at the end had me shouting "rip out the tubes on the side of their helmets, Scott, you idiot."

I really don't care for the misunderstanding and lack of communication between Stiles and Scott.  "He would have killed my dad!"  No, dipshit, he was trying to kill YOU.  Say that!  Scott even gave an opening when he said "the way you killed him...".  "What?  It wasn't intentional, the scaffold fell on him."  "Theo told me you beat him to death".  "Oh really."  [They go inside and beat the shit out of Theo]

• Love 9

Is there even a plot this season? It just seems to me that it's kids being turned into whatever then the DD creeping around and killing them. There was Tracy, Josh, Lucas ,Zach, Donavon, Beth, Corey, chick on Melissa's table.   9 fricken eps of this is starting to grow old.  Where is Scott's dad?  What I wouldn't give for some Peter snark right now, esp with the desert wolf coming to kill Malia.

Edited by arcadia63
  • Love 2

I'm glad that half the characters are acting OOC because otherwise Theo's ruse to worm his way in would never have gotten anywhere if they were acting like themselves. I can also tell that they aren't getting any product placement money for phones because there's barely any texting. Everyone is constantly running around and driving. Davis clearly wanted to force a break up of the Scott Stile friendship, but he's done it in the clumsiest fashion possible. Stiles could barely remember that Donovan was also threatening Stiles' life.

When we first see a chimera, Tracey, she is murdering people. They are legit dangerous. There could have been real pathos and conflict between the boys over Scott's desire to protect the Chimeras and Stiles' wariness.

Lydia's mom is kind of a stone cold bitch and a shit school counselor. She was counseling Tracey a distressed girl who vomited black goo and turned into a monster. She sees another distressed girl with black goo on her lips and is like "eh, whatever."

With each episode I get more concerned that this story is going to bleed into the second half of the season.

• Love 2

The fight with the DD at the end had me shouting "rip out the tubes on the side of their helmets, Scott, you idiot."

THANK YOU!  I was thinking the exact same thing.  But Scott is just too addicted to being a punching bag and landing punches that don't hurt anyone.

All the new characters look like each other.

• Love 1

Oh, come ON. You can't tell me that Stiles/Scott friendship is going to be (temporarily) destroyed because of miscommunication and Theo's lying ass, right? Of course it is. Because there's no way Scott could have asked his BEST FRIEND the real story, and Stiles couldn't have said "It was self defense! The scaffold fell on him!" "The scaffold? Theo said you beat him half to death?" "No, I didn't. He was going to kill me and it was an accident." 

And look, Theo told the Sheriff Stiles' story but substituted Stiles for himself. What? Why does he need Hayden alive? Is it just to get Scott to turn her into a werewolf? What is Theo's purpose? 

Malia, once again, doesn't really do much except look at someone getting killed and looking at pictures of her mother's murders. Nothing much advances with Lydia and Parrish, except that he now knows. 

Did we know Lydia's mom knows about the supernatural? I don't feel like we did, but my memory at the moment isn't good. I know she kind of experienced the whole Tracey thing first hand...ish. 

Literally, everyone's saying not to tell anyone about anything, but Theo is being told everything. I'm actually annoyed at Theo, mostly because I don't know what his endgame is. It makes no sense right now.

• Love 3

This might have been the worst episode of teen wolf I have ever ff through. Does no one know how to have a coherent conversation anymore?

Everyone is so ineffective and inactive mostly because no one is talking to each other. Scott has been especially useless this season. He doesn't have any cool alpha powers/moments, he has asthma which he has not done anything about. He's a terrible friend and boyfriend all of a sudden. Why couldn't he just trust in Stiles like he did when he was possessed by the nogitsune?

How is this situation any different from that? I have to assume at this point in time it's bad writing. I'm hoping that this is all part of the plan but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Idk I'm just disappointed with how terrible this season has become in comparison to the first couple of episodes.

• Love 1

Liam: "You know the combination?"

I don't get it

How many minutes of show are we getting? It seems to go by really fast but I don't feel like I'm getting much show.

• Love 1

I decided to come in here before watching the show but judging by the comments I'll probably skip this episode as the contrivance factor seems like it's going to be sky high.

Was there at least any gratuitous shirtlessness to ff to ?

It's weird to say but I'm really missing Peter, this show seems to suffer without some supernatural adults to bounce stuff off or snark at the teens.

The actor playing Scott, wow, how did someone this bad at acting manage to land a leading role in a series? After 5 seasons and he's still as horrid as ever.

This entire episode was awful from start to finish. The only redeeming factor is that Scott didn't turn Hayden, because then she'd become part of the pack and potentially a regular on the show. As someone who can't stand her at all, seeing her repeatedly would be enough to make me stop watching completely. Let's hope he doesn't reconsider next episode.

• Love 3
This entire episode was awful from start to finish

Usually the really bad episodes of Teen Wolf have this pace to them that makes you forget how bad they are while you're watching. So 40 mins fly by and then you're going... wait, that made no sense.

This was not just bad, it was tedious. Dull. I have no idea who half these identical teen boy-models are supposed to be. Hayden has the charisma of a plank of wood. Her and Liam's "romance" is laughable.

Theo practically has, "I am a villain," written on his forehead and the argument between Scott and Stiles made absolutely no sense. I HAVE to conclude this is a Scott/Stiles long con. It has to be. They had that argument in that precise way because they knew Theo would be watching. Anything else is just dumb.

I don't know. The show has this thing going on - common for shows in later seasons - where they expand the scope out so it's huge (no one in Beacon Hills is safe) but the show somehow feels small. I mean, half this town's kids are dead. Where is everybody? This looks like a serial killer targeting school kids - where's the federal police? Where's the Mexican hunters? Where's Derek et al? Where's the bounty hunters and Druids and the Japanese mafia? Where's Satomi? Her pack lives here too. As if Scott wouldn't go to her for pack advice. Hell, I'd take Kate. At least she can fight. (Scratch that. Kate sucked).

It's not as bad as last season. I'll give it that. But nothing is as bad as last season so that's not hard.

• Love 2

Good old Teen Wolf, it's not disappointing at all that it's falling into it's usual habit of a strong starts disintegrating into a confusing mess of plot points and character motivation.

Was Theo's confession the Sheriff supposed to show how understanding everyone would have been if Stiles had simply told people what happened? Because I don't even know what made the Sheriff start asking him about Donovan. 

I do find it funny that Stiles/Scott had all the trappings of a couples break-up while Scott/Kira had a weirdly placed flashback to their greatest hits and barely anything else. 

Before turning Hayden into a werewolf why don't the try kickstarting her healing factor by scratching her or something?  

Oh, come ON. You can't tell me that Stiles/Scott friendship is going to be (temporarily) destroyed because of miscommunication and Theo's lying ass, right? Of course it is. Because there's no way Scott could have asked his BEST FRIEND the real story, and Stiles couldn't have said "It was self defense! The scaffold fell on him!" "The scaffold? Theo said you beat him half to death?" "No, I didn't. He was going to kill me and it was an accident." 

I had actually been interested in the prospect of a Scott/Stiles break up but I'm disappointed that it hinged on the illogical contrivance of Stiles not explaining that it was self-defense and Scott not voicing the actual accusation he'd heard from Theo. Stiles didn't even use the wrench; he yanked some scaffolding down when he had a psychotic monster trying to eat his legs. And why throw in the "He was going to kill my dad!" reasoning like it was motivated and pre-meditated? It wasn't. Why would Stiles make himself seem more guilty than he was?

This moment could have been much stronger if it hadn't relied upon a manufactured misunderstanding. There's two other ways it could have gone. One they could have had Stiles protesting that it was self-defense and still have Scott recoiling and doubting Stiles because his best friend has lied to him. It could have worked for Stiles's lying to cause the rift more so than Stiles defending himself against an attack. The other way it might have gone is that they could've really had Stiles killing Donovan to defend his dad. I guess TW wouldn't have the guts to go there but I think Stiles probably is capable of killing someone who seriously threatened his father. And if Stiles is going to be all guilt-ridden about killing someone directly and on purpose (which he didn't) then at least give us a storyline where Stiles actually does directly kill someone on purpose. It'd be preferable to all this victim-blaming of Stiles.

Well, I still don't get why Stiles is victim-blaming himself. I feel like they could be exploring some interesting Stiles psychology here, with the accusations of his mad dying mother and hey, why not remember that the whole Stiles nogitsune experience happened? There is a basis for Stiles having an irrational response here, but they are wasting opportunities to portray it with clarity by tying it in with Stiles's past traumas.  

Then maybe they could have had another storyline where Scott lets a monster go free and...they go onto kill someone! Why does Scott never suffer any consequences for this? Stop with the simplified message of "You can't ever kill anyone, ever. Not even a psychotic monster trying to eat your legs. You must find a way to save the psychotic monster trying to eat your legs!". Which is a lot easier to say when you have alpha werewolf strength to subdue your attackers with. I liked Stiles's "Some of us are human!" line, except that...it was said as though Stiles being human simply made him morally flawed. No, being human means Stiles is the most physically vulnerable member of the pack and yet in all this time Scott has never really considered how Stiles is meant to defend himself against monsters with super strength. If Stiles is getting attacked he is not going to heal like Scott and the other werewolves. He could die. And surely if Stiles was in danger of dying then Scott would prefer his best friend to fight back in any way he can. 

Not really sure what the point was of Theo fake confessing to Stilinski. Only that I feel robbed of another potentially good storyline where the Sheriff gets slipped the same info that Stiles killed Donovan and we get the long awaited "the Sheriff has to arrest his own son" storyline. I'll admit I was kinda rooting for S5a to end with Stiles in jail after a Will Graham style frame job. Theo needed to do a much better job of making Stiles look like a psycho though.    

Edited by Yitzhak
  • Love 5

I also didn't like the confrontation between Scott and Stiles. All Stiles could say was that Donovan was going to kill his dad? He forgot to add, after he killed me!! I hate these kinds of misunderstandings on television, it comes across as lazy writing. 

Am I the only one who doesn't understand a word the DD say? It's really annoying.

• Love 2

I don't get it.

His combination is 1-2-3-4-5-6...it took me longer than I'm willing to admit to get it too. Like...at least a full minute.

• Love 2

Stiles also forgot to add that Donovan was going to kill his dad AFTER he killed Stiles in front of his dad.  The writing relies on Stiles being stupid in order to make the contrived conflict work when Stiles is one of the smartest characters on this show (which really isn't saying much).

If Scott had been in the library, he would have done what he always does.  Get his ass handed to him, get his ass saved by a non-alpha to stop the threat and then let the murderer go off without suffering any consequences.  I'd love to see one of those murderers kill again but this show backs up Scott's simplistic views 100%.

This show has pretty much become background noise to me.  This show has just become increasingly stupid and nonsensical, not fun anymore and filled with new, boring characters that all look like each other.  Even fun characters like Coach are long since gone.  I'll come back for the series finale though, which hopefully will be soon.

• Love 1

My tv stopped working in the beginning of the episode sounds like I didn't miss much. 

I'll come back for the series finale though, which hopefully will be soon.

Only if you count another year as soon, since they got picked up for season 6. 

I don't get why Lydia and crew were having a hard time finding the Nemeton.  Isn't that where they rescued the parents during the Darach saga?  Did they just forget where it was?  Does it move?

Lydia sure learned martial arts quickly.  #FightLikeABanshee #StopWithTheHashtagsAlready

How many minutes of show are we getting? It seems to go by really fast but I don't feel like I'm getting much show.

Ok, now I feel like an idiot for not getting that even after I typed it out.  I was looking for something more clever.

I think the run time is around 42 minutes like most shows.  Including commercials, it runs over an hour, so its probably the extra commercials they're running (we need to see 14 different versions of Miley Cyrus acting obnoxious while pimping the MTV Music Awards) that make the actual show seem shorter.  Six minutes of show, 3 minutes of commercials.  Repeat.

Am I the only one who doesn't understand a word the DD say? It's really annoying.

The only word I could understand consistently was "syzygy".  They're telling Theo that he has until the syzygy to do something, which evidently is the next night -- Scott told Liam that the full moon was tomorrow.

In terms of Theo telling Sheriff about Stiles' story, the only reasoning I have is that Theo is trying to protect Stiles from going to jail? For reasons? Seriously, he wants the pack to break up, but he doesn't want Stiles to get carted away. And seriously, why does Theo need Hayden alive? So that she can live on as Liam's chimera girlfriend next season? I felt bad for Corey, who seemed like he could have started something with Mason. 

Those Dread Doctors need to learn to enunciate. 

Seriously, I'm fine with a Scott/Stiles rift. But not when both of them are acting out of character. Yes, I think Scott was acting a bit out of character. He has always been there for Stiles and given him the benefit of the doubt. Then Scott even says he feels like the breaking up of the pack his his fault. And then...he basically tosses Stiles away? What the hell? This season is horribly written, all these stupid lies keep piling up to the point where it's now starting to blow up in their faces. Malia is becoming just a side character who pops in to try to help now and again, Stiles doesn't talk to Scott anymore, Scott's being a worse dumbass than usual with his self guilt stuff and trusting Theo, Kira's well, Kira's gone now, Liam's stuck in a love story, and the only one trying to do anything useful is Mason. 

• Love 1

Since S3 I've been waiting for Scott and Stiles to have a meaningful falling out, but that was very underwhelming. I wanted more angst. I can deal with the premise, but the way the scene played out didn't do much for me. It looked better in the gifs that I've seen.

Theo is so damn good as a villain. I feel bad for Scott, but Theo is really working things. I want him to get his comeuppance though.

I guess Liam and Scott fight over Hayden. I hope they manage to save her without Scott giving the bite. Sad that Corey didn't survive, winged!boy is probably gone too. What a death toll it would be if all the new teens died. I thought for sure one or two would be in the pack by the end, but at this point Scott could be forced to kill Liam to save himself.

It seems like a lot is being done to break the pack up, but then how will they reconcile. If Hayden dies, I can't see Liam being okay with that.

I don't know how Scott and Stiles will patch thing up. Even if the truth about Theo's lies does come out, are they going to overlook that Scott believed Stiles is capable of murder. I liked when Stiles came at Scott with the wrench, Scott stepped back. Very reminiscent of nogitsune!Stiles attacking him. Which he remembered in that moment, or maybe even still carries around. There seems to be issues between them that go beyond Theo. I want the show to explore these things, but won't get my hopes raised.

Parrish was really cute for wanting to lock himself up.

The opening scene was the best though. I love that Scott has asthma. I hope it stays even after this story arc. I like the vulnerability that it gives him.

Edited by greenbean

There is NO WAY a teenager who has been literally thru Hell with someone wouldn't get a their friend's complete side of a story. Especially since he was ratted out by relative stranger. Writers this better be a long con as someone stated above. I'm thinking Scott heard the exchange between the DDr. & Theo.

The entire time Stiles kept hiding the truth and fretting over losing Scott, I rolled my eyes because while Scott had a very naive look at pacifism, surely he wasn`t a highhorse-sitting asshole who would throw over his best friend, especially not for Theo, the conveniently helpful. 

Now this episode happened and that is exactly what Scott is. And Stiles for some insane reason isn`t allowed to explain that it was self defense? The LAW lets you off for stuff like that. What would a human like Stiles be expected to do under immediate threat from a supernatural enemy? Do the writers truly think Stiles was in the wrong? Are they blind and insane? 

It`s high time Scott gets put in a position now like Stiles was or even better, put someone else in danger and have killing the perpetrator be the only feasible choice. Then see if Scott lets them die to keep some kind of moral superiority. I find nothing wrong with pacifism but if you can`t make the hard choice when it truly counts you are no leader and no hero in my eyes.

I do not get Theo at all. Scott`s "pack" at this time is Liam. And maybe Malia. I know the friendship "pack" includes Lydia, Kira and Stiles. But those are a banshee, a kitsune and a human. A werewolf, alpha or not, has diddly squat in the way of authority over them. If some new Alpha took control of the pack, they wouldn`t "inherit" them either. They can choose to be loyal to Scott out of friendship, They can also choose to stop. And choose not to transfer that loyalty to anyone else.  

• Love 1

receiving the Sheriff's fatherly hug of absolution, if nothing else, gives the audience an added moment of regret that Stiles couldn't come clean.

Actually, this pissed me off because when Stiles does tell the whole truth about what happened, if Theo hasn't been exposed yet, Sheriff is not going to believe him again.

Theo is one of the better villains on the show because, while I may not know what he wants, he is going after it perfectly.  Stiles is the biggest threat to him and he's been successfully alienated from the people closest to him.  We know Lydia ends up in Eichen House, so she can't help and Malia's fed up with everything.  

• Love 3

The entire time Stiles kept hiding the truth and fretting over losing Scott, I rolled my eyes because while Scott had a very naive look at pacifism, surely he wasn`t a highhorse-sitting asshole who would throw over his best friend, especially not for Theo, the conveniently helpful. 

Now this episode happened and that is exactly what Scott is. And Stiles for some insane reason isn`t allowed to explain that it was self defense? The LAW lets you off for stuff like that. What would a human like Stiles be expected to do under immediate threat from a supernatural enemy? Do the writers truly think Stiles was in the wrong? Are they blind and insane? 

It`s high time Scott gets put in a position now like Stiles was or even better, put someone else in danger and have killing the perpetrator be the only feasible choice. Then see if Scott lets them die to keep some kind of moral superiority. I find nothing wrong with pacifism but if you can`t make the hard choice when it truly counts you are no leader and no hero in my eyes.

I do not get Theo at all. Scott`s "pack" at this time is Liam. And maybe Malia. I know the friendship "pack" includes Lydia, Kira and Stiles. But those are a banshee, a kitsune and a human. A werewolf, alpha or not, has diddly squat in the way of authority over them. If some new Alpha took control of the pack, they wouldn`t "inherit" them either. They can choose to be loyal to Scott out of friendship, They can also choose to stop. And choose not to transfer that loyalty to anyone else.  

Well said.  Let's also add this is the same Scott who for some bizarre reason stopped trusted Kira.  What the hell has happened to him?

• Love 1

I get the friendship pack, but you are right Scott's pack to the outside world consists of his baby werewolf and a werecoyote (with only one out of the three being useful in a fight and she's not a werewolf). Not exactly a big pack there. 

I know this Season is about showing him failing as an Alpha, presumably before he picks himself up but the way he fails all over the place is just annoying to watch. Back in Season 2 and first half of Season 3 Derek was no great Alpha either but I think in this situation he would do better. His natural suspicion would not give Theo so many easy ins. Falling for Kate and then Jennifer`s acts was more believable to me. He would also not freak out about Stiles, not even with Theo`s version of events.

It`s ironic, back then they showed how Scott, even before Alpha, would do better because he trusted his friends, relied on them and questioned things. Even though he always got beat up as well. Now Scott is the only Alpha we see and he is just crap at it. If it was a case of him renouncing his previous ways and becoming a hardliner and then learning that this is not his way and not working for him, it would be one thing.

But he is neither a hardass who gets shit done at the moment nor the goody two-shoes whose faith in others pulls him through. What he is now is a waffling guy with an inhaler who seems to have little faith in his friends or girlfriend. I have more confidence in Liam or Malia`s leadership abilities and both shouldn`t be leaders either.   

• Love 1

I mean, he doesn't even have Liam anymore, not after him refusing to give Hayden the bite. Ok, now him not wanting to give Hayden the bite, I understand. It works sometimes but not always, and he's already been told that he's a failure by Liam himself (it's not untrue, that's for sure) and he just lost his best friend because of his own stupidity and believing Theo over Stiles. He's already put everything else on himself, so why put another added pressure of Hayden possibly not turning into a werewolf? Someone pointed out to me that Scott may have wanted to subconsciously put the blame on himself rather than Liam if the bite didn't work. By refusing the bite, Liam can't blame himself if things go wrong. Now, how correct that is, we may never know. 

Scott has contradicted himself all season, but I put that on the fault of the writers. Scott has always been behind his friends, no matter what. It makes sense for him to feel like everything is his fault, even when only half of it is his fault. But then he goes and intentionally drives people away because of it? It's just bad writing and there were better ways to break up the pact, and Stiles/Scott, than this shit they produced.

Watching the promo for next week's finale, it's clear that Theo's after Scott's power and intends to get it through Liam. He doesn't want Stiles out of the picture, because it looks like he wants Stiles in his pack. He wants Scott out, not Stiles, hence why he's been driving a wedge with Scott and his friends, to make sure Scott loses them all before he supposedly dies. Now, if they actually kill Scott off for the finale, I'd be minorly impressed. Obviously, he'd have to come back for the second half of the season, but damn if 5B came back with Theo as an Alpha and Scott possibly human again, with some of his friends following Theo. I think Stiles might never be trusting of Theo, and Malia's more worried about the Desert Wolf, but Liam and Hayden (if she survives)? And if Kira comes back? I honestly don't know the outcome of Theo's evil plan, but it's clearly to gain Alpha status and it seems his intent is to get rid of Scott, not Stiles. Hence why the supermoon is important and why Theo would want Hayden alive for a bit longer.

because it looks like he wants Stiles in his pack.

It would be so funny if Theo became an Alpha, did the Alpha howl and Liam and Malia kind of half-heartedly showed up but you see a montage of Stiles, Lydia and Kira in their homes totally ignoring him because they are not freaking werewolves and therefore don`t have to give a crap. As smart as Theo has been so far, he needs a ride on the clue bus, too. 

Considering how much of a useless idiot Scott is most of the time. His "Pack" chooses to follow him because of friendship, not has to follow him because he's an Alpha. Does Theo think that once he defeats Scott, that his friends will just join his pack? 

I don't think they even need Alpha Scott, they have Lydia as the brains and dead body finder, Stiles as the strategist, Malia as the muscle, Liam as the side kick, Kira as the sword fighter and lightening/fire(?) and now Mason as the researcher. What useful skill does Scott bring to the pack? 

• Love 2

It'd be great if Theo gets Scott's power and becomes a blithering idiot as a result.

You're right, you can't turn Scott's pack against him so that's not even an added bonus of usurping his "chief idiot" status.

• Love 1

Scott gets put in a position now like Stiles was or even better, put someone else in danger and have killing the perpetrator be the only feasible choice. Then see if Scott lets them die to keep some kind of moral superiority. I find nothing wrong with pacifism but if you can`t make the hard choice when it truly counts you are no leader and no hero in my eyes.

Pacifism is supposed to mean opposition to violence. Scott obviously isn't anti-violence, he fights people with his super werewolf strength all the time. In any one of those fights he might kill someone (not that the writers would have it happen). It doesn't have to be deliberate. Stiles killed someone when he was just trying to get away, nevermind fighting back. It's silly to suggest that when engaging in violent combat all the time you run no risk of killing your opponent.  

• Love 2

I usually thought that Scott was the heart of the pack.  The bleeding heart most of the time.  I don't know why Theo would want to either be alpha of Scott's pack or his beta.  I think Scott's pack may have a supernatural reputation now but I hate to think that all it would take is a couple of lies from a stranger to tear friendships apart.  Theo is tearing through the pack like paper and I hope that its intentional on Scott and Stiles' parts.  

I'm still struggling to understand Stiles' survivor's guilt.  If he accidentally killed Lydia or Malia or any of his close friends on accident, it would be more believable.  Stiles was fighting for his life and he came out the victor.  What's the alternative?  Donovan wasn't going to be talked down after being given the power to kill Stiles.   

I'm thinking that Scott's asthma and his uncharacteristic friendship/boyfriend/big brother failures are because of something the DD or Theo did to him.  Same thing with Stiles not trusting his friends to have his back.

Edited by blugirlami21

what kills me about the whole Scott / Stiles fight is one glaring ability of Scott's wolf powers: he can use his hearing to tell if people are lying. All he had to do was say how Stiles killed the guy and when Stiles objected "I didn't bash his face in!!" he would know. Why he can't tell with Theo is either because it doesn't work on fellow wolves or the damn doctors also screwed up that ability (or it's something in his inhaler that's weakening his Alpha powers like one of the ingredients is a diluted from of wolfsbane)

• Love 1

I was seriously screaming at my computer telling Stiles to say that he killed the guy because he was going to kill him! Sure he threatened his dad, but that's not why he killed him. The fact that the writing is so bad that they wouldn't even have Stiles tell what happened in that scene was ridiculous. It was one thing if Scott didn't believe him, but the way they had it, of course it would be a misunderstanding. I really didn't not like that scene :(. So frustrating and I seriously Hate Theo, and not in a good way. I want him dead and gone as soon as possible. I kept hoping the doctors would just kill him.

I like the stuff with Parish and Lydia, good stuff. I liked them sparring, it showed that Lydia does now know how to fight, though I doubt she would really learn that quickly. I liked the scene where he locked himself in the cell and was talking to the sheiff, though I kept thinking I'm pretty sure that somehow isn't going to work.

And lastly, why wouldn't Scott bite Haden. She is going to die anyway, so he doesn't have to worry if he accidentally kills her. And if he doesn't, then she will live as a wolf. And while she isn't my favorite character, I like Liam and his relationship with Scott. Without helping her, that relationship will fall apart too.

Malia is becoming just a side character who pops in to try to help now and again, Stiles doesn't talk to Scott anymore, Scott's being a worse dumbass than usual with his self guilt stuff and trusting Theo, Kira's well, Kira's gone now, Liam's stuck in a love story, and the only one trying to do anything useful is Mason.

That pretty much sums up this season.

Edited by blueray
  • Love 2

Malia is becoming just a side character who pops in to try to help now and again

Well, she is a girl so her role in the text can only be love interest. Once they splintered her from Stiles the writers literally didn't know what to do with her (even though she's one of the more interesting characters). Because... a female were? If they can't put her in a mini and have her hit on Scott then whatever will they do with her?

• Love 1

Well, she is a girl so her role in the text can only be love interest. Once they splintered her from Stiles the writers literally didn't know what to do with her (even though she's one of the more interesting characters). Because... a female were? If they can't put her in a mini and have her hit on Scott then whatever will they do with her?

They could crib from more interesting writers like Kelley Armstrong or Ilona Andrews and explore what it's like to be a female were in a mostly male centric were community and how animal instincts can bring out the worst in men.

Honestly I'm always confused by the fact that Scott never bothers to recruit or train his pack and yet their numbers continue to grow each season and yet they seem to be less effective each year. It boggles the mind.

As for murderers that Scott let free to murder again, there's Peter who organised the dead list and killed Jennifer. I want to know where Peter is...

• Love 1

explore what it's like to be a female were in a mostly male centric were community

Egh. Spare me.

There seem to be just as many female weres as males and they're just as likely to be Alphas as men. There doesn't seem to be any gender issues in the established mythology. And that's fanastic; it's a welcome breath of fresh air, frankly. Shows like Bitten are just unwatchable.

But unfortunately it highlights the writers' inability to create and work with female characters. They just can't do it. They need to bring in new writers who can or stop creating great female characters and then having them stand there with nothing to do. Lydia is the only female character actually doing something and her plotline has been a succession of victimhood statements.

Edited by AudienceofOne

I actually liked this episode, even though it continued the Teen Wolf tradition of idiot plotting. Despite that, it was jam-packed with moving things along and answered a lot of questions people have been frustrated about:

-.Are Lydia and Stiles going to keep their Parrish news a secret, like all the other secrets people are keeping this season? Nope. They told Scott and Lydia told Parrish.

- What are the DDs getting from their experiments? They are getting some sort of healing/rejuvenation for themselves.

- What is Theo's deal with the DDs? Theo agreed to keep their secret and keep Scott out of their way. They are letting him get a pack, although he's counting Hayden as a member and they aren't.

- Does Mrs. Martin actually know about the supernatural? Yup.

- Is the sheriff going to pursue the other keycard used at the library? Yup, he did.

It does bring up some new ones (several that won't ever be answered):

- What's going to happen at the syzygy-perigee?

- How did Lydia and Stiles forget where the Nemeton was?

- How is the sheriff explaining the UV lights and other weirdness to his deputies?

- How is Stiles' Jeep running at all? Surely Toyota is going to insist he get new wheels soon.

- Why don't the wolves go after the DDs' breathing tubes in a fight?

- Is Parrish a bad guy or is he hiding the supernatural world from mundanes? (Fans have been asking for a while, but it's overtly out there in the show, now.)

- Why won't Scott bite Hayden? She's going to die anyway if he doesn't.

And the idiot plotting question, why did Theo lie to Scott so badly? He's been successful so far by staying close to the truth. He should have told Scott that Stiles beat on Donovan with the wrench, then stabbed him with a piece of scaffolding. 1) The bodies are missing and Theo doesn't know where they are. If Donovan's body is found, it won't match Theo's story. 2) Stiles and Scott are going to talk at some point—the story should be as close as possible. It's just more idiot plotting that Scott didn't say, "You bashed his head in" or that Stiles didn't say, "Well I'm not sorry he got impaled."

The opening scene was an interesting callback to the Stiles voiceover opening where he was talking to Ms. Morell. I wondered whom he was talking to, and was picturing him leaving a long voicemail for Derek. That would have been awesome. However for the dynamics of this season, Theo was a good, creepy choice.

Because the DDs are indecipherable, here is the dialogue from the Theo/DDs scene:

THEO: I need more time. Guys, are you listening to me? I said I need more time.

DREAD DOCTOR/THE SURGEON: Perigee syzygy. Soon. We’ll know at perigee syzygy.

THEO: What about Hayden?

THE SURGEON: Failure.

THEO: No, no. Not to me!

THE SURGEON: Failure compromises the experiment pool.

THEO: I kept Scott out of your way. I did everything you wanted. Now, I need Hayden alive.

THE SURGEON: Inconsequential.

THEO: You promised me a pack.

THE SURGEON: We promised you nothing.

THEO: I need her alive!

THE SURGEON: Only through the perigee syzygy.

I mean, half this town's kids are dead. Where is everybody? This looks like a serial killer targeting school kids - where's the federal police? Where's the Mexican hunters? Where's Derek et al? Where's the bounty hunters and Druids and the Japanese mafia? Where's Satomi? Her pack lives here too.

Seriously. I mean, Murder She Wrote worked because they never hung a lampshade on the fact that there were way too many murders in this small town in Maine. In Teen Wolf, you've had the Sheriff declare curfew, hunters come in, Sheriff lose his job, FBI investigate, and the CDC show up. Just not consistently.

ETA:

<3 Mason

<3 Parrish

<3 for 20 seconds Corey's ability to turn invisible. I thought he'd have a chance, but no. Damn.

Edited by ahisma

I rewatched the first two seasons, and it made the Scott and Stiles storyline even worse. Scott doesn't kill anyone himself, but he didn't have many objections when people did. He didn't complain about Derek biting Alison's mom to save him, the Argents were killing werewolves, and he was pissy that he didn't get to be the one that killed Peter. It's always been a thing that Stiles was more willing to talk about the possibility of killing someone than Scott, but Scott mainly objected to killing people he was friends with.

• Love 4

Count me as another who ssaid "Cut the tubes and hoses, you dumb-ass mofo!"

When Hayley said it on the show, I thought it was Phil's birthday (can't be because of the "3-4"). This is even dumber.

Was there at least any gratuitous shirtlessness to ff to ?

Not that I recall, and no gratuitous bra scenes either!

Because I don't even know what made the Sheriff start asking him about Donovan.

The Sheriff knew that Theo and Stiles were both in the library,and rather than talk to his son (PLOT!!!!), he talked to Theo instead.

what kills me about the whole Scott / Stiles fight is one glaring ability of Scott's wolf powers: he can use his hearing to tell if people are lying.

Yep. That too. Another power that waxes and wanes based on PLOT!!!

The Sheriff knew that Theo and Stiles were both in the library,and rather than talk to his son (PLOT!!!!), he talked to Theo instead.

To give Sheriff some credit, he did bring it up to Stiles while the department was guarding Red Shirt's body at the hospital, but it did seem, to me, more like an interrogation than a conversation and Stiles lied about being there.  Yes, Stiles should have come clean at the opportunity, but the show has been consistent that one of his fears is disappointing his dad/his dad not trusting him.  I've no doubt Stiles believed telling his dad would end up with a disappointed Sheriff arresting him for murder.  Who would fess up when that's what they thought would happen? 

My theory on the nematon is that it is like the cabin in Lost (or Island really), it moves. So only the right person can find it at the right time. Parrish's powers or whatever bring him to it. They found it after they sacaficed themselves.

I have to turn on the closed-captioning when I watch this show.  Too much mumbling coupled with too much background noise/music.

However, in this case, I think I must have fallen asleep for half the show, because there are a couple of things that people have mentioned in this thread that I don't remember, and I just watched it last night.  Given what I do remember, I think sleeping was the better use of my time.

My theory on the nematon is that it is like the cabin in Lost (or Island really), it moves. So only the right person can find it at the right time. Parrish's powers or whatever bring him to it. They found it after they sacaficed themselves.

So it's the Room of Requirements, kind of? I kind of like that explanation, tbh. And it's the only thing that would make sense as for why none of them can ever find it on purpose (outside of the Durach and the occasional Hale.)  

• Love 1

Or the "Mysterious Bookstore/Inn/Whatever" in so many stories. This makes sense.