Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: Lies Of Omission

My theory is that these teens get knocked about so much during the supernatural shenanigans that they suffer from brain damage from all the concussions. It would explain why they often make terrible decisions that Mason seems to completely avoid like researching the supernatural history of the pack members....

• Love 1

I won't say this makes sense but i can somewhat make some guess work on why ScottandStiles were so easily pushed into Scott and Stiles.

Scott has previously expressed, while under the influence of Motel Hi-jinks, that he considers pre-series Batman and Robin to have been a pair of nobodies and would rather be dead than return to that "baseless" existence.

Fast forward to present events-he's losing that Alpha wolf edge and slipping back into asthma ridden loser McCall. 

Scott's head space-he's feeling pretty vulnerable and doubting himself as a sound leader. Now the only feasible reason I can cook up as to why Scott was so willing to at least begin to doubt Stiles has to do with the "I can't trust anyone because you trust everyone!" revelation a few episodes ago. Scott has a fairly fresh example of Stiles admitting that he does not trust Scott's judgement (as far as how to deal with the "bad guys" anyway) as well as a display of some pretty aggressive behavior, stemming from his frustration with the situation, towards Scott's "Superman Syndrome". Although he at first finds it hard to believe and even maintains that it is, "impossible/not possible", he quickly reviews recent Stiles behavior v. Stiles he's known since toddler hood behavior and admits that the IDEA of Stiles losing control and going vigilante on the pack is not as far fetched as he'd like to believe.

IMO, that's why he doesn't immediately bust out with the whole, "Theo told me blah blah blah...", because while he wants to believe it's not true he's very aware that Stiles, even before werewolves became more than just a fairy tale for them, has always lived in the Grey of right and wrong. It's not a hard stretch for him to believe that Stiles, with the stress of a previously coyote girlfriend, Nogitsune detailed baggage, and dying kids galore, might exact his own version of justice.

I also think its supposed to tie in with his feelings of helplessness over the Dread Doctors. Kira has just skipped town with her family-a situation that he in all his Alpha greatness could not fix, several children have died on-in his mind-his" watch, his baby Beta no longer believes in him (that's like Bambi flipping his tail up at his Father), Deaton has gone AWOL, and again Stiles has also admitted that he believes Scott is too trusting to be objective.

Unfortunately the only person who hasn't criticized Scott is our resident baddie Theo who just so happens to be showing up Scott in the reliability department. I think Scott has taken all the shots to his credibility as well as his sudden loss of an indestructible body (basically his confidence) and turned it into a desperate, "I need to better-I have to!" mentality. Which would sort of explain his rough behavior with Corey-he didn't want to let another person down and was again guiltily disappointed that Theo was the hero in the end.

So when Theo expresses his belief that Stiles has turned into head bashing psychopath, Scott inadvertently becomes the Stiles of their relationship and he actually can't bring himself to trust that Stiles would only kill in self defense because of the lack of direction he's been in recently/ as well as the doubt he now holds in his own "too trusting" hands. Scott just so desperately doesn't want to make the wrong choice by believing in something he shouldn't have.

Ironic I guess?

For Stiles, I can only say it must have been a combination of "I knew I would lose him" and his own guilt. He clearly believes that Scott is a better person than he is so I'm guessing he thought if Scott, who never blamed him for the Nogitsune incident and always understood his less than lawful behavior pre-series, could tell him what he did was "right" then maybe he could forgive himself. So to have Scott, who was willing to give creepy Theo a chance, confess that he couldn't completely believe that Stiles killed Donovan in self defense was devastating.

When even his human moral compass was at a loss at what to say it just sort of broke his heart. 

The way it was set up was BAD though. (I still can't really wrap my head around why Stiles kept insisting that Donovan was going to kill his Dad...he was already trying to kill you!)

• Love 3

The way it was set up was BAD though. (I still can't really wrap my head around why Stiles kept insisting that Donovan was going to kill his Dad...he was already trying to kill you!)

It was very poor. They should have had Stiles say it was self-defence, and then have Scott outright question him. Which would then bring forward the various issues that have grown between them, especially the nogitsune stuff.

I think people have forgotten the counselling session where Stiles basically said no one talks about events, and he tends to keep things to himself. He never told Scott that Gerard kidnapped him for example. I love their friendship, but I don't think it's as fluffy as fandom often perceives. Same for the pack. So I don't find them not talking to be so out there, but the way the situations were executed was contrived.

Edited by greenbean
  • Love 1

I get the feeling that the whole Stiles/Scott fight was just a show for Theon and I get the feeling that they (our hopefully dynamic duo) already know Theon is up to no good.

Especially the epi when Theon "saved" Liam and Scott had that doubtful look...and it's out of character for Stiles not to tell Scott something so major.....so here's hoping that this theory is right and the finale's big reveal will be that Theon's plan backfires. Not sure about how they're gonna tie up the DDs though, but honestly, I'm not really caring about it so much.

Also, forget to ask, is Peter supposed to be locked up again in Eichen House? I still prefer him as our resident villain over Theon any day.

The way that conversation went down, I could buy that the scene was staged. It's like Stiles went out of his way to not say that Donovan was trying to kill him. And they did cut to Theo listening in, so who knows.

• Love 1

I get the feeling that the whole Stiles/Scott fight was just a show for Theon and I get the feeling that they (our hopefully dynamic duo) already know Theon is up to no good.

Especially the epi when Theon "saved" Liam and Scott had that doubtful look...and it's out of character for Stiles not to tell Scott something so major.....so here's hoping that this theory is right and the finale's big reveal will be that Theon's plan backfires. Not sure about how they're gonna tie up the DDs though, but honestly, I'm not really caring about it so much.

Also, forget to ask, is Peter supposed to be locked up again in Eichen House? I still prefer him as our resident villain over Theon any day.

I feel that the fight was staged too. Compared to the other meaningful scenes we've had between Scott and Stiles, this fight "sounded" intense but I really didn't feel like them. Stiles would have blurted out way more truths then he did. And Scott was just, confusing.

I feel that the fight was staged too. Compared to the other meaningful scenes we've had between Scott and Stiles, this fight "sounded" intense but I really didn't feel like them. Stiles would have blurted out way more truths then he did. And Scott was just, confusing.

Wouldn't Theo detect them lying through Werewolf Hearing ? If they do suspect he's a dangerous liar, it's an odd tactic to allow him free access to the Pack instead of tying him to a chair and interrogating him by Scott asking him questions and listening with Werewolf Hearing or mind raping him with Alpha Claws.

What they were saying to each other was true though. It just wasn't everything. So they weren't lying. I'm hoping it was staged for Theo's benefit. It will make up for Scott being such a useless dumbass this season.  

• Love 1

The way that conversation went down, I could buy that the scene was staged. It's like Stiles went out of his way to not say that Donovan was trying to kill him. And they did cut to Theo listening in, so who knows.

There have been at least three instances where Stiles was willing to die to protect someone else and twice straight up said, "Kill me.  I don't care." with Peter when he attacked Lydia in S1, with the nogitsune in S3B, and S4 when the substitute assassin held a gun to his head.  His dad's life is more important to Stiles than his own.  I don't think Stiles wants to die or is suicidal, but if it's a choice between his life and someone else's, he's going to choose to save the other.  Maybe he just can't go through losing someone else.

There have been at least three instances where Stiles was willing to die to protect someone else and twice straight up said, "Kill me.  I don't care." with Peter when he attacked Lydia in S1, with the nogitsune in S3B, and S4 when the substitute assassin held a gun to his head.  His dad's life is more important to Stiles than his own.  I don't think Stiles wants to die or is suicidal, but if it's a choice between his life and someone else's, he's going to choose to save the other.  Maybe he just can't go through losing someone else.

He also offered to jump into the fire with Scott while Scott was under the influence of wolfsbane or whatever at Motel Hell...

I miss the Scott and Stiles Bromance or True Brothers relationship. They've felt so distant for so long now.

I also miss Stiles and Peter antagonism and the Stiles and Derek relationship.

I guess Scott doesn't trust their relationship after all they've been through.

Did we ever find out what Theo did to irritate Stiles/Scott in Grade 3 or 4?