Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E11: Homesick

Not a bad episode. Liked the last scene w the kids and Minx.

But I'm just going to say....I think Lily Rabe might be one of the absolute worst actresses I have ever seen. She's so bad that she's become downright annoying onscreen (to me).

• Love 5

Oh,snap! Of course the one named Minx is Drill. I think. Are we supposed to be confused about who Drill really is now?I keep thinking there will be a twist. Harper is my favorite so I was glad it wasnt her. That little actress is in everything and I think shes pretty good.

• Love 1

Well, that happened.  And it was pretty bad.  And Drill killed the doctor -- how exactly ?  Built-in taser powers.

That interrogation scene with Lily and the kids was just so boring.  Harper needs to get the off the screen ASAP.

Big surprise -- Minx is inhabited by Drill.  Yawn.  I figured that out from Claire's chat with her.  How come Claire, the supposed FBI expert, didn't figure it out ?

• Love 2

So if Wes had just let the president order that kid's death last week his wife would be alive, his kid wouldn't be possessed, and the world wouldn't be in danger.  Nice call.

This may be unpopular, but I like Harper.  All the other interrogations were really boring, and she was all "I dream you stop asking me questions."  It made me laugh, she's the only one with any personality.

• Love 11

I like Harper too -- I thought the little actress had more life in her and emoted better and more believably than Lily/Claire!

Ok, help me out -- I must have blinked because I missed Dr. Benevides' death -- what happened to her?

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Love 1

Ok, help me out -- I must have blinked because I missed Dr. Benevides' death -- what happened to her?

Dr. Benevides was talking on the phone ...  in the dark, of course ... to that Baltimore reporter guy when the doctor hears a noise.  She gets up to investigate and she yells "No. No. Stay away" followed by a cut away from the scene to show the lights flickering.  Then we see the doctor's body hit the floor and a child's hand hangs up the phone.

Wes is shown investigating Dr. Benevides' body and turns over her arm to find the burn marks of a child's hand on the doctor's forearm.

If Dr. Benevides recognized the intruder (since it turned out to be Minx -- whom she just treated earlier in the episode) why would she be scared of her ?

And why weren't the fricking kids locked up for the night ?  Who are the clowns running this facility ?  Was no one guarding the doors ?

Here's the big question -- if this reporter dude was working with Dr. Benevides, why did he intentionally give Lena and Minx a ride back from the cruise ship terminal back to their house ?  How did he know they would even be there ?

• Love 2

Claire actually wanted to help Drill in order to get Henry back. She is now officially the dumbest character on TV right now.

And, Harper is such a little snot. Minx is actually tolerable compared to her. Speaking of which, let's take Drill-infested-Minx out and call it a day.

• Love 3

And why weren't the fricking kids locked up for the night ?  Who are the clowns running this facility ?  Was no one guarding the doors ?

They still can't get anything right.

Claire actually wanted to help Drill in order to get Henry back. She is now officially the dumbest character on TV right now.

And, Harper is such a little snot. Minx is actually tolerable compared to her. Speaking of which, let's take Drill-infested-Minx out and call it a day.

It's like the characters are trying to outsuck each other in stupidity.  Claire learned nothing from Lena's braindead antics.

• Love 1

Oh,snap! Of course the one named Minx is Drill. I think. Are we supposed to be confused about who Drill really is now?I keep thinking there will be a twist. Harper is my favorite so I was glad it wasnt her. That little actress is in everything and I think shes pretty good.

I don't think Minx is actually Drill.

And I don't think that guy is a reporter either.

• Love 4

Here's a theory: remember when Dr. Benadivez was killed by the (presumably) Drill-infested child? There's probably a reason why Drill needed to kill her right then; she had reacted in a way that makes it seem like she had made an important discovery. She was looking at the kids' brain scans at that time, so maybe she had discovered that one kid had a scan that was different from the others. This kid is Drill!

This would also explain why she had reacted with such fear when she saw the kid coming in - she knew that this kid is Drill right away.

I am guessing then that in one of the two last episodes, our Scooby gang will look into Dr. Benadivez's files and eventually figure out the same thing, and finally figure out the true identity of Drill.

If that's the case, I don't think Minx is Drill. She's a red herring, and the good guys will discover the true identity of Drill later on.

• Love 1

If that's the case, I don't think Minx is Drill. She's a red herring, and the good guys will discover the true identity of Drill later on.

Not the first time they've tricked the adults before.

Maybe they're all possessed. Maybe Drill learned his lesson in the 80s about putting all his eggs into one mortal basket. Maybe Dr. Benavides figured out the significance of the headaches and the cerebellar blobs on MRI is that they're Drill bits.

If it's only one kid, it's going to wind up being Henry. This show isn't capable of being more subtle than that.

I'm curious why the show perseverates about the irreversibility of Drill's possession when we just saw Sean get un-possessed a couple of episodes ago. Continuity, people.

Death to Minx! Death to Minx! I don't care if the other kids or Drill are just setting her up to take the fall, I say kill her anyway and be on the safe side! Better safe than sorry!

The way this episode ended made me think of a children's version of The Lottery by Shirley Jackson.

• Love 5

I'm sad to see Dr. Benevides killed off.  I was hoping that she would hook up with Sean -  they had real chemistry.  Let Claire and Wes get back together, now that Lena is dead.  They both kinda suck in my opinion, so they can have each other. 

What was with Wes's attitude when Claire came to the door after Lena's funeral, by the way?  He acted like she was the scum of the earth.  Where does he get off being so high and mighty when he is the one who actually cheated on the funeral's guest of honor? I don't get the impression that everyone at the funeral knew about her hooking up with Wes, so it's not like it would have been all that scandalous for her to be there.   And it's not like Claire showed up in a red cocktail dress to flaunt what she'd done and make a mockery of the proceedings ...  she had her husband and son with her.   Seems to me that if Sean was capable of overlooking their affair and show up, Wes could have been a bit more gracious than to kick the whole bunch of them to the curb.  

Really, Wes, the time to be concerned with propriety was when you were sneaking out on your own wife so you could screw your married co-worker.  Just sayin'

I don't think it will turn out Minx is really Drill .... Drill is too smart to betray his identity to all those little kids and leave himself so vulnerable.   I think he has framed Minx as a distraction.  You can count me among the Harper fans, and  hope it turns out she is Drill.  I think that little kid is so talented.  I have been a fan of hers since I saw her in that hotel commercial where she is skyping with her mom and asks her "how many more sleeps" until her mom will return home.   I loved her interview scene last night.  But I actually doubt it will turn out she is Drill ... she is so little and so cute and so sassy, it would be too obvious.  Plus there is no character on the cast who has an emotional attachment to her, no one to fight to protect her and deny she is Drill and complicate killing her off.  I fear it will end up that Henry is Drill, because ..... who else is left? There are really only three main kids - Harper, Minx and Henry. Minx is being framed, Harper is not tied into the story line and characters enough, so that leaves Henry.  

I just hope there are no primal screams from Lily Rabe when the big reveal happens. I had second-hand embarrassment for her during that scene.  I love Lily Rabe on American Horror story and I don't want to see her forced to do any more stupid things like that on this show.  

• Love 4

Someone did burn the president's daughter's arm in their little scuffle, so one of the kids who was around at that point has to be Drill. I'm guessing Henry. He also was in the photo lineup when that creepy kid with bangs got all freaked out. Plus he's the main characters' son, so that's pretty obvious.

I'm a Harper fan too. I wouldn't want to know the character in real life, but she's an entertaining character and a decent little actor.

Edited by mntnsrck79

I was hoping Dr. Benevides and Sean would get together, too.  Maybe after Claire is killed trying to save Henry, who, of course, is Drill.  I agree with those who think Minx is a red herring.  And I'm beginning to think she was aptly named. She acts so coy all the time with her little innocence act.

Isn't Claire supposed to be the FBI's child psychologist?  She absolutely sucks at it.

• Love 2

Someone did burn the president's daughter's arm in their little scuffle, so one of the kids who was around at that point has to be Drill. 

Hmm, unless the president's daughter somehow burned her own arm, and SHE is Drill.  I forgot about her as a possibility .... darn it, I already erased it from the DVR so I can't go back and check to see if the hand placement of the burn on her arm indicates she could have done it to herself.  Although I am not sure such a detail would really mean that much because there are quite a few loose ends an inconsistencies and you can't necessarily go by that sort of thing with this show.

How many more episodes are left? Is this a one season type show, like American Horror Story, or is there going to be a season 2?  Does anyone know?

How many more episodes are left? Is this a one season type show, like American Horror Story, or is there going to be a season 2?  Does anyone know?

2 more episodes left it seems.  It's a regular serialized show, but the actors' contracts have expired, so we don't know yet because there hasn't been an official announcement yet.

I just hope there are no primal screams from Lily Rabe when the big reveal happens. I had second-hand embarrassment for her during that scene.  I love Lily Rabe on American Horror story and I don't want to see her forced to do any more stupid things like that on this show. 

I have to agree.  I haven't enjoyed her portrayal much on this show, although she was tolerable this episode.  I get the feeling she doesn't do ordinary well.  She is much better at playing dramatic quirky characters. 

I agree that Minx is a red herring…too big of a reveal too soon. 

Count me in on not quite getting why Wes had such an attitude about Claire and her family showing up for the funeral.  For crying out loud, they have been working together almost nonstop, and supposedly their affair was over years ago (right?).

• Love 1

2 more episodes left it seems.  It's a regular serialized show, but the actors' contracts have expired, so we don't know yet because there hasn't been an official announcement yet.

Considering it pulled a series low .5 for this episode, while repeats on the other two networks beat it, I can't imagine this is getting renewed. Thank goodness.

(My guess for the show's plan is that they wrap up this season with Drill being eliminated, but remind us that there are others like Drill out there. That way they were able to achieve enough closure in event of a cancellation while still leaving something open in case of a renewal.)

Edited by Black Knight
  • Love 1

Count me in among those who think Henry is Drill.  That Q&A he had with Claire pointed to it, I think:

What do you hear?

I used to hear nothing but now I hear everything.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 1

Considering it pulled a series low .5 for this episode, while repeats on the other two networks beat it, I can't imagine this is getting renewed. Thank goodness.

(My guess for the show's plan is that they wrap up this season with Drill being eliminated, but remind us that there are others like Drill out there. That way they were able to achieve enough closure in event of a cancellation while still leaving something open in case of a renewal.)

Yes, that seems like a likely ending for the season.

My guess is that the President's daughter is Drill.  She could've burned her own arm in the scuffle. Or to divert attention from herself.

Drill has always wanted to get to the President and/or the White House for some reason.  There was some indications of that earlier in the series (a picture one of the kids drew? Sorry, not holding the info. about this show in my head too long).  I do remember some connection between Drill and the President, though. Seems as if Drill wanted to kill the Prez (?)

I know people grieve in different ways, but man Wes was being a giant ass. Their entire family came to pay their respects, seriously calm the hell down dude.

Usually I am neither here nor there on child actors in a series. It seems like they cast the most annoying ones they could find so if they all got killed off we would be relieved!

• Love 1

My guess is that the President's daughter is Drill.  She could've burned her own arm in the scuffle. Or to divert attention from herself.

Drill has always wanted to get to the President and/or the White House for some reason.  There was some indications of that earlier in the series (a picture one of the kids drew? Sorry, not holding the info. about this show in my head too long).  I do remember some connection between Drill and the President, though. Seems as if Drill wanted to kill the Prez (?)

Back in Episode One, Minx drew that picture of the White House with the big red swirl with a cross in the middle, that Minx tells Lena that swirl is "where the light comes from".  And Harper drew that picture of the President and the US flag that looked very much like that magazine article that Claire spotted.

So, yeah, the President seems to have been in Drill's crosshairs from the beginning.

Anyone notice how the connection between Sean Bennigan and the bakery where he picked up a package of money seems to have been completely dropped ?  Where did the money come from ?  Who sent it to Sean ? How did Sean know to go pick it up there ?

So who/what does everyone think Orion/ORyan is? The constellation? Some military aircraft or weapon named Orion?

Maybe it's a mispronunciation and Drill really said Ore-Ida, so they should be looking for a potato.

• Love 4

Considering this show was green-lit as a regular series (not a limited run summer show), I'd say it's more likely it will end on a cliffhanger. They just happen to be burning these episodes off during the summer because they decided not to air it during the regular season. Even they knew it stunk.

• Love 3

Someone did burn the president's daughter's arm in their little scuffle, so one of the kids who was around at that point has to be Drill. I'm guessing Henry. He also was in the photo lineup when that creepy kid with bangs got all freaked out. Plus he's the main characters' son, so that's pretty obvious.

I'm a Harper fan too. I wouldn't want to know the character in real life, but she's an entertaining character and a decent little actor.

I think that Drill posessed the president's daughter and she burned her own arm to make it look like Minx did it. The presidents daughter has access to the most powerful person in the country.

• Love 1

I think that Drill posessed the president's daughter and she burned her own arm to make it look like Minx did it. The presidents daughter has access to the most powerful person in the country.

I took a look at the end of the episode on demand and the way the burn is placed on the arm of the president's daughter, she could have done it to herself.  It was just a small palm print and four little even finger marks with no particular long-short pattern that suggests the hand that made the burn could not have been her own.  So yeah, I am thinking she did it to herself.  Minx is a red herring.  I had assumed it was going to be Henry Drill possessed, but having it be the president's daughter (what is her name?) makes sense with all the White House tie-ins there were early in the show, as ottoDbusdriver pointed out above.  As a character, she has enough gravitas emotionally to matter (you can't kill the President's daughter!) and she is someone who Drill would perceive as valuable for many reasons.  He might also feel somewhat safe inside her because, well ... you can't just gun down the daughter of the POTUS.  Or can you??? Because once she is possessed,  supposedly she is a gonner anyway.  Supposedly. I guess we will see. 

Anyone notice how the connection between Sean Bennigan and the bakery where he picked up a package of money seems to have been completely dropped ?  Where did the money come from ?  Who sent it to Sean ? How did Sean know to go pick it up there ?

Yeah, what was with all that?  I'd forgotten all about it, but it seemed so important at the time. I wonder if this part of the story is going to come back into play somehow. 

• Love 1

Anyone notice how the connection between Sean Bennigan and the bakery where he picked up a package of money seems to have been completely dropped ?  Where did the money come from ?  Who sent it to Sean ? How did Sean know to go pick it up there ?

Yeah, I'm wondering what changed since then since it seemed like they had other ideas on what to do with Sean before they cured him and then pretty much shoved him into the background.

Yes!
This show is dropping stuff like crazy. The package of money, what was that all about. Who was sending it to Sean? Another person possessed by Drill?

Also, it never really explained the whole lightning rock thing in the desert and its relation to Sean. There was an image of something walking away from it but it didn't really look human was that supposed to be Sean? Or am I forgetting something?

How did Sean travel from his plane crash where ever it was to the United States. He had no money on him and he had no memories why did he know to go to the United States. He also spoke some strange language in the hospital to dead Dr. lady. Another thing dropped.

• Love 1

Yes!

This show is dropping stuff like crazy. The package of money, what was that all about. Who was sending it to Sean? Another person possessed by Drill?

It seemed like the show wanted to do something about Sean early on in the season since they spent episodes chasing after him before he got his memories back.

But I'm just going to say....I think Lily Rabe might be one of the absolute worst actresses I have ever seen. She's so bad that she's become downright annoying onscreen (to me).

One thousand times this.  I usually drink-watch this show and her scenes are laughable. 

I have got to stop reading the remarks on this board because I think this show is great. It might be one of my favorite summer shows. I like it far more then Wayward Pines which bored me after awhile. I still find the show fascinating. Yes the adults are idiots and I wish they weren't but a lot of what they do is understandable....stupid but understandable. I understood why Claire didn't want her son taken away and why she was even terrified about it. She knew exactly what was happening and what it meant for her son. Thats scary. However making deals with Drill wasn't the right option but I understood each time a parent did.....even though we all knew it was going to end badly.

I have got to stop reading the remarks on this board

Don't be, it's a forum, no one should be discouraged from differing opinions.

I like it far more then Wayward Pines which bored me after awhile.

For me, WP started with more promise, but quickly lost steam, making it far more disappointing in the end.  I do agree in a way, this show is more interesting in a different way for me at least.

Finally caught up on the last few eps and I agree that this one was better than most. I was really annoyed though that Claire was so shocked and opposed to the quarantine, when she, of all people, should understand that it is important and necessary.

I definitely think Drill is the Prez's kid. Thomas said we called Drill here by doing a lot of nuclear testing, and we saw the kid who was almost possessed by Drill steal something like launch codes from his dad's safe. So the plan must be to set off a bunch of nukes as a signal to his people.

Death to Minx! Death to Minx! I don't care if the other kids or Drill are just setting her up to take the fall, I say kill her anyway and be on the safe side! Better safe than sorry!

I feel the same. Minx is already a known sociopath, just get rid of her already. Oh, wait, show -- you mean I'm supposed to feel bad for her or her dad, husband to his really stupid wife? Heh, not by a long shot. I haven't liked that little twit since she continuously lied to her parents without remorse and led Henry astray -- again, without remorse. Ugh, yucky child.

About time they locked up the Drill-infested kids. Then they try to make out it's a bad thing to do, when the fate of the world is at stake, with the cost being the short-term separation of a handful of kids and their parents. Whatev, show. A very small price to pay for world security, people.

And I still never heard adults tell the kids not to do Drill's bidding, or to alert them when Drill contacted them.

So, I don't really care about her fate whether or not she's drill.

Edited by Andromeda

Arg, down goes any potential Wesenevides ship for S2. (I kid. Mostly.) But still, how sad that that's the second body of a dead woman he's leaning over in as many weeks.

It's hilarious how much they turn on each other as soon as it becomes about their kid (screw the rest!). When it was about Henry, Claire and Sean were all about doing whatever it took, once Henry was okay, it was no longer urgent and Wes and everybody else could go to hell with their tactics and vice versa. At least with Wes rounding up all the kids affected by Drill he was trying to contain the situation, yes, it was for a personal reason, but he didn't turn and run for the hills to hide Minx like Sean and Claire did, he stayed and is using all the kids to find a cure for, yes, Minx, but for everyone else.

It's like no matter what Wes does, he gets grief from somebody. In this case I'm cutting some slack for Wes. All this anger he has is really with himself. He knows his not taking out Drill and then egging him on cost him Lena. So he's on the warpath to finish this. He's not entirely wrong about what he's doing in rounding up the kids and yeah, sure, he could be nice about it, but seeing as many parents were ignoring the order to come in (including Sean and Claire) he's not playing nice anymore. He spared one kid and it cost him big.

Having said all that, rounding up suggestible kids into one location, many of whom have already participated in intentionally hurting people is just asking for trouble unless you have guards ready to use extreme means to rectify the situation if Drill decides to go hive mind on them. The fact that Drill was able to poison those kids against Minx and even let Claire know that he had the kids ready to go after her son (the girl in interrogation asking the importance of the 'red head kid') was actually pretty creepy.

I love they had a little bowl of candy at the quarantine check in for the kids.

Harper just waiting there and saying 'Hello Claire' cracked me up more than it should. She really sounded like she was saying 'Hey, Dummy'

Wes lost cool dad points when the kids at the end pointed at Minx (who I love was shoving the crap out of those kids when she realized what was going on- way to defend girl!) and he dropped her like a hot potato and took a few steps back from her like she had cooties. Dude, you immediately believe a group of highly suggestible kids that your daughter is 1) possessed and 2) from what you know of that possession, dead? If anything he should've clung to her more urgently and in angry near tears disbelief with Claire the one going stone cold ready to put a bullet in Minx's head.

Anyone notice how the connection between Sean Bennigan and the bakery where he picked up a package of money seems to have been completely dropped ?  Where did the money come from ?  Who sent it to Sean ? How did Sean know to go pick it up there ?

Yeah, I have. I've been waiting for them to explain Sean's movements since the accident. Like, how did he get from Mali to the States without ID and no memory? Someone must have helped him and if so, why?

About time they locked up the Drill-infested kids. Then they try to make out it's a bad thing to do, when the fate of the world is at stake, with the cost being the short-term separation of a handful of kids and their parents. Whatev, show

And then they act like interviewing them is going to help when they've repeatedly shown themselves willing to lie, cheat, steal and even kill for Drill. Why would they turn on him when he "possessed" Minx (which he clearly didn't) all of a sudden?  Drill is smart enough to set up a red herring but they're acting like the kids pointing her out was not clearly part of Drill's plan.

This is like watching the 12 Monkeys TV show. There was a point in that where the stupid got so bad I felt they all deserved to die from the virus.