Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E17: Synchronicity

Ha!
I was right! Or even better, they liked my idea.

If The Show hasn't figured out yet how the beasts know that Nick is a Grimm, and if they're lurking around here looking for ideas, my theory is that the beasts can see themselves transformed into their beast likenesses in the reflection of Nick's eyes.

Now: forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/topic/3205259-grimm-its-loaded-with-wesenality/?p=14673016
Saved: www.freezepage.com/1396661233SZRSOGLOAD

Sorry. I couldn't wait. This is the highlight of my little life of quiet desperation.

• Love 2

I have hated this Adalind/baby story from the start and hate it even more now. A supernatural child of destiny is so cliche and dumb. If only she could die and the child disappear, maybe Bud and his wife can raise it. 

I also want Nick and Renard to become real enemies so he can have some conflict in Portland instead of a continent away. Ideally, Renard gets Juliette killed or seriously injured, Nick turning against him.

And what happened to the coins that Nick's mother was supposed to destroy?

Holy Schnikies was this the "tie up loose threads" episode or what?

What happened to the ring and the proposal?  Check.   Still waiting while they adjust.

How do they know Nick is a Grimm?  Check.   Eyes of infinite darkness.   It is apparently quite unsettling.  But sunglasses solve the problem.

Does Juliette know Adalind was the one responsible for her come?  Check.   That would be a hell yes.

Does Adalind know Nick's mom kiled her mom?  Check.   Apparently not.

The Royals storyline seems so disconnected from the Portland action.   Check.   Oh look everyone is heading to Portland.

Why is this baby so important?   Check. Child of destiny.   

The coins?  Not checked, but wanna bet they have something to do with the child of destiny?  Because sometimes people just follow someone no one knows why.  Why did millions follow an uneducated Austrian corporal who had weak lungs from being gassed in WWI?   Because he had the coins.

Please though, don't let the final showdown ruin Monroe and Rosalee's wedding.  They deserve some nice quiet time before they have to help Nick save the world.

And WTF is it with costume designers and fugly wedding dresses.   I know it was her grandmother's but that dress was NOT flattering to Rosalee.  She is a tiny woman, she was lost in that dress.  Not as bad as the Castle dress but not stop and gasp gorgeous as implied either.

• Love 1
(edited)

The special child destiny is cliche (I was hoping for a more original reason for everybody wanting the baby), but I liked the episode anyway; especially the confrontation at Nick's house.  And I liked the acknowledgement of the tensions, agendas, and complicated relationships among all the parties, rather than a more simplistic "us v. them."

And hey, we finally get the specifics on how Wesen can identify a Grimm when they woge!  And the ring!  I've been wondering why Juliette and Nick had not discussed marriage, given the reason Juliette said no in the first place.

Edited by beadgirl

Please, please, please don't let Nick and Juliette adopt Adalind's Baby of Destiny. I thought they were going there with the whole give-the-child-a-normal-upbringing discussion.

• Love 2

I like the idea of Renard and Nick being at odds.  Aside from some machinations, a little planned violence and pouty looks, IMO, there hasn't been much of appropriate drama between those two. Curious to see how much they go there next week.

Good call on the eyes, shapeshifter!

I saw the humor they were going for when Nick went to visit Rosalee and Monroe, but, for me, the scene played weird up until they did the eye reveal. 

I'm also not feeling Rosalee's dress.  It's just not cute to me. 

Ain't nobody on this show that could give the kid a normal upbringing.  Not even Bud & his pie-baking wife.  Maybe Franco. 

I guess Kelly didn't realize Adalind was from Portland and Viktor would assume she was headed home.  It always helps to have ALL the information. Now all the damn Royals, Verrat, Resistance & Willie Nelson's Tour Bus are all gonna show up in Portland.

(I just threw in Willie Nelson as a red herring.)

• Love 3

I wonder if he'll get some colored contacs in time for the wedding.

Coloured contacts seem more useful than sunglasses. Use sunglasses to confirm it works, but try the contacts. Otherwise you're just looking for trouble at the wedding.

I did like that they got the airplane flight mostly right and had them coming in over Canada instead of forgetting we exist. :) 

All in all, it was the standard late season "Get everyone caught up/on the same page and tie up the lingering threads" episode before the final drop to the finale. I do hope/wish they can get the big action done before the wedding, and have the wedding be uneventful and/or just have completely unrelated shenanigans. 

I loved the encounter at Nick's home with everyone realizing just how messed up the situation was. Still a bit indifferent on the Miracle baby but we'll see how this plays out. 

I'm so glad they finally explained how Wesen know Nick is a Grimm after they woge. And even though Monroe and Rosalee thought they solved the problem by having Nick wear sunglasses to their wedding, something tells me all will not be smooth sailing on the wedding day.

The scene in the living room with Nick, Juilette, Adalind and mama Burkhardt was awkward. I don't even want to think about what is going to happen if and when Adalind finds out that Nick's mom killed her mom.

I thought the ending was kind of sweet when Adalind had Sean hold the baby and she said "Say hello to your dad," (or something to that effect). Something quite sexy about a big strong man holding a tiny baby.

And I just knew Nick was going to be interrupted by a knock on the door as he was about to propose to Juliette again.

The only thing I ask for out of this royal family business is a face to face showdown between Renard and Viktor.  Preferably shirtless.  If I get that, I will forgive every annoying thing this show has ever done.

• Love 5

Count me in as also being disappointed by Rosalee's dress.  However, I can totally see why they designed it that way - it's to cover up every inch of skin, even her neck.  Just like in her circus freak costume that has skin colored sleeves, only Rosalee's face will change when she woge's.  I don't know why they are reluctant to make her furry all over, but maybe there is something unsettling about hairy cleavage to the producers.  *shrug*   So the story that it's old-fashioned and conservative because it belonged to her grandmother is clearly just a detail invented to give them a reason for only Rosalee's face to woge. 

It seemed like the conversation about the baby needing a normal life is a HUGE foreshadowing.  First we have to have all kinds of obstacles and battles, but I am willing to bet that baby is going to end up with Nick and Juliette.  For one thing, they made a pretty big deal of having Juliette act very caring and maternal towards the baby, enough so that the baby would feel safe with Juliette in the future.  I think either Adalind or Renard are going to die (my bet is on Adalind) so that the baby ends up with them.  Another option, however, would be the baby ending up with Monroe and Rosalee.

(edited)

I did like that they got the airplane flight mostly right and had them coming in over Canada instead of forgetting we exist. :)

I respectfully disagree. That was a DC-3. Still a stunningly beautiful 78 year old airplane, but it's not doing a 5500 mile trip on a single tank of fuel unless the entire inside of the fuselage was one giant fuel tank. As shown, it wasn't. And for a twin doing a trans-Atlantic crossing via a great circle route from central France, it would be over water far too long. Minimize it by going due north to Scotland, over the Faroe Isalnds, Iceland, Greenland, Baffin Island, Nunuvut, the NWT, down through Alberta, BC and into WA/OR that way. But there's the pesky business of the ADIZ network (Air Defense Idenfitication Zone). If it flies and is larger than a swallow (African or European--doesn't matter), it's gettin' intercepted. In a world where the Canadian Forces and US Air Force exist (and their European equivalents), nope, sorry, ain't happening. Smarter move: Get all concerned high-quality phony passports. Get to a relatively minor int'l airport in western Europe--Marseille, Dusseldorf, Shannon, Canarias, for example. Fly on some no-name vacation charter to Halifax or Montreal and go from there. Nobody would ever raise an eyebrow.

As for the dress, I also disagree with others here, I absolutely love it. It's a family heirloom, not a 2014 piece; she's a shopkeeper in Portland not a runway model in Venice or New York. She probably couldn't afford a $10,000+ designer gown and, from her lifestyle, she probably would be very uncomfortable wearing it, too. It was available, it means something to her, it fits her and, to the people who matter, in their eyes, she looks stunning in it. And speaking for me, personally, you could put Bree Turner in anything at all and she'd knock it out of the park.

Grimm's eyes = Chekov's Gun. Consider this the first act. They didn't spend 2 minutes of screentime on the subject for nothing.

Royals, Adelind and Frankenbaby: Still don't give a crap. That whole damned storyline can't dry up and blow away fast enough for me. Get me back to Wesen-Of-The-Week procedural stories and I'll be happy again.

Edited by NJ RadioGuy
(edited)

Yeah, I don't think we ever found out who the father is exactly. But I could have missed something because I usually go into a boredom-induced coma whenever the baby plot comes on.

Please, please, please don't let Nick and Juliette adopt Adalind's Baby of Destiny. I thought they were going there with the whole give-the-child-a-normal-upbringing discussion.

I know, I would hate it if any of the regular characters suddenly get stuck with a kid. I'm done with this show if that happens. Once Upon a Time would pull this kind of crap, but I expect better from this show.

Ain't nobody on this show that could give the kid a normal upbringing.  Not even Bud & his pie-baking wife.  Maybe Franco.

Exactly. None of the people on the show are exactly normal. Even people like Wu and Hank have constant brushes with not-normal stuff. Which is why they should send the kid somewhere with a normal family in offscreen land.

I appreciate that Rosalee's wedding gown is not strapless (I never understood the appeal of a gown your boobs might escape from), like the vintage vibe and the fact that it has sleeves (sleeves!), but couldn't they have gone for a neckline that doesn't look like it's trying to strangle her? And it's doing some weird puffy thing in the midsection. Not flattering.

So the story that it's old-fashioned and conservative because it belonged to her grandmother is clearly just a detail invented to give them a reason for only Rosalee's face to woe.

Good point, I didn't think of that. I think they only want to show her face woge because the special effects would be too expensive otherwise.

Juliette said exactly what I was thinking when she brought up how weird it would look for best man Nick to be wearing sunglasses if any part of the wedding is at night (or indoors for that matter). And yes, what if the sunglasses fall off?

I don't think colored contacts would work if his entire eyeballs go all black.

Edited by Bec
  • Love 1

I respectfully disagree. That was a DC-3. Still a stunningly beautiful 78 year old airplane, but it's not doing a 5500 mile trip on a single tank of fuel unless the entire inside of the fuselage was one giant fuel tank. As shown, it wasn't.

Well, they did handwave it with the Pilot saying they had "Four extra tanks", now where exactly those tanks were is a valid question, but they at least acknowledged the fuel issue. As an aside I'm not a Plane guy so I'm a little surprised I correctly identified the plane as a DC-3.

I'm guessing they filmed the Switzerland scenes during Portland's big snow storm earlier this year.

Grimm's eyes = Chekov's Gun. Consider this the first act. They didn't spend 2 minutes of screentime on the subject for nothing.

Who else's eyes turn colour on the show? The baby's! (OK, that is far-fetched and completely impossible)

I love mama-Grimm. She's lethal and efficient, if a bit hot-headed. I liked the moment she remembered she actually killed Adalind's mother: a matter-of-fact "oh, you're right. Slipped my mind".

We still don't know if the father is Renard or the dead brother, but if the child is that powerful, perhaps it's the combination of Hexenbiest, Zauberbiest and Royal blood? I mean Renard himself is a mix of Royal and Wessen blood - why is he not seemingly powerful? (Maybe it only goes in female line?)

I'm starting to like Juliette - what is wrong with me?

Rosalee's dress... I'm not a fan.

The sunglasses idea? Totally's going to go wrong in so many ways...

Maybe Mamma Grimm will end up raising the baby, in the closest thing to a normal life it can have.  She can go back into "hiding" so to speak, and stop doing her Grimm and Resistance related activities, but she does have the knowledge and skills needed in case any freaky thing finds them and comes their way.  And this can all be in off-screens-ville until they need some sort of plot contrivance.

I can't believe that the writers intend to stick Nick and Juliette with that kid. Rather I am hoping that Nick not getting a chance to propose is omen that Juliette's death is on the horizon. Nick needs something to jump start him into action beyond his Wesen case of the week. His mother seems far more aware of the danger that Renard poses than Nick does. I had to roll my eyes where Nick told his mother that Renard would kill her. She is a Grimm. Renard is the one who should be in afraid. The writers can be so inconsistent at times.

Count me in as also being disappointed by Rosalee's dress.  However, I can totally see why they designed it that way - it's to cover up every inch of skin, even her neck.  Just like in her circus freak costume that has skin colored sleeves, only Rosalee's face will change when she woge's.  I don't know why they are reluctant to make her furry all over, but maybe there is something unsettling about hairy cleavage to the producers.  *shrug*   So the story that it's old-fashioned and conservative because it belonged to her grandmother is clearly just a detail invented to give them a reason for only Rosalee's face to woge. 

This did not occur to me. I think that you nailed it. It could also be a budgetary issue. 

As for the dress, I also disagree with others here, I absolutely love it. It's a family heirloom, not a 2014 piece; she's a shopkeeper in Portland not a runway model in Venice or New York. She probably couldn't afford a $10,000+ designer gown and, from her lifestyle, she probably would be very uncomfortable wearing it, too. It was available, it means something to her, it fits her and, to the people who matter, in their eyes, she looks stunning in it. And speaking for me, personally, you could put Bree Turner in anything at all and she'd knock it out of the park.

I liked it too, mostly (wasn't crazy about the waist).  And it was nice to see something other than the ubiquitous strapless gown all brides are now apparently required to wear. 

However, I can totally see why they designed it that way - it's to cover up every inch of skin, even her neck.

And that's a good meta-reason for it.

Nick's mom taking the baby would be a good way to resolve the storyline temporarily, without adding a baby to a couple on the show.  And it would give Kelly a chance to be all maternal again.  But, long-term, what are they going to do with that baby?  Even the most powerful baby in the world doesn't make for an interesting character, and having it come down with SORAS would be lame.

There may be screen time devoted to who best should raise it, but the Hexenbaby may have other ideas and throw a tantrum if anybody tries to separate him from Adelind. Said tantrum having the power to level houses, we may get to see Adelind and Sean together as parents after all.

(edited)

I also don't think Sean is the father. I think Adalind is crafty and self-interested, so working it so the father of her child is the legitimate heir and who is apparently fairly powerful, rather than the illegitimate half-zauberbiest who is in exile is entirely plausible. She didn't know Eric was going to be bumped off. Now, Sean is her only option, and she's going to work it.

I don't believe Kelly didn't know who Renard is, not for one second. First, he's got the same last name as the royal family's recently, mysteriously dead prince. Second, she was working just a little too hard at ignorance  - "some guy named Rennerd, RAYnard..." She also let slip that she'd "been here before" outside Renard's apartment building. We knew that, but I don't remember if Nick knew that.

Edited by Ananayel
  • Love 1

Whatever happed to Mulder & Scully's baby?  Another one with Super Powers.  Perhaps they can ditch Adalind's un-named baby girl with the XFiles kid, somewhere in Colorado.  It's a rescue ranch for SuperBabies.

I, too, thought the dress was overpowering in its busy-ness for Rosalee, but I get the sentiment attached (and the budgetary woge-ing constraints.)

I, too, thought the dress was overpowering in its busy-ness for Rosalee, but I get the sentiment attached (and the budgetary woge-ing constraints.)

Plus maybe the powers-that-be didn't think furry cleavage would be all that appealing, or Ms. Turner didn't want to go through that extensive a makeup session?

My cousin owns a bridal shop and they occasionally get Orthodox Jews in looking for wedding gowns. They have to have their arms covered and the dress must  also reach up to their neck. There are still some pretty beautiful dresses out there that fit the bill, not that frumpy mess Rosealee was wearing. As bad as the dress Kate Beckett has it's worlds better that what I saw last night.

I'm a little confused about the Kelly and Marie flashback scene.  It was played as if Nick was being sent away to live with Marie but that wasn't how we were told it happened.  I thought Nick's parents "died" and Marie wound up taking him in?  So confused...

• Love 2

Juliette is the worst. I wanted to smack her so bad when she was being uppity and actually had the gall to give opinions about how Adalind cares for her child. Isn't there a nice coma she could lapse into and I wouldn't have to see her fish face again?

MamaGrimm is awesome and her scenes with Nick make me laugh so much. I hope she sticks around.

PapaRenard is made of win. I want him, Adalind and their special baby girl to be happy together. If they kill her off and give her baby to Juliette to raise, I'm done with this crapola.

The less is said about Rosalee's hideous wedding dress the better. Bree Turner is beyond gorgeous, so it takes a lot to make her look ugly and boy, the wardrobe department managed to do just that.

• Love 1

Diamonddoll I am right there with you on Juliette and the baby.    This woman who does not even have a pet despite being a vet, has never exhibited any maternal attitudes at all, suddenly knows exactly what a baby needs better than the mother.   I can see Adalind not wanting to ask for a dry blanket from these people, but it doesn't mean she didn't know her baby needed one.   Honestly Adalind has demonstrated adequate concern and care for her child that it was not necessary for Juliette to be all uppity.  It is clearly a set up for Juliette and Nick to become the guardians of the baby of destiny ala Ma and Pa Kent.

As for the wedding dress, thanks for the explanation of why it had to cover so much of Rosalee.  But that doesn't mean it had to look so hideous.   There are plenty of long sleeved, high necked dressed that are quite beautiful.   This was not one of them.

• Love 1

I think the intention was to show that while Juliette really doesn't like Adalind, she is still going to help someone in need. So that apparently required her to help out while being snippy at the same time. It did come off kind of weird and off-putting.

(edited)

lp someone in need. So that apparently required her to help out while being snippy at the same time. It did come off kind of weird and off-putting.

IMO, just because Juliette was helping with Adalind's spawn doesn't mean Juliette has to be nice to the same Adalind that put Juliette in a coma and nearly ruined her life forever.   I thought Juliette was being more kind than she needed to be.  And Adalind is lucky Juliette didn't toss her back out on the street. 

Edited by catrox14
  • Like 1
  • Love 4

It is too bad that Nick did not kill Adalind on the spot. I can't believe either he or Juliette let that useless vicious leech or her spawn into their house. If there is any justice Hank will get to kill her in the season finale. But given how weak these writers are they will probably find away to keep her alive. Ugh.

Adalind did horrible, terrible, no good, very bad thing and she needs some comeuppance,  but I still like the character because IMO the show needs her as a snarky fun and fairly dangerous villain. And I think Claire Coffee is good in the role. I just don't want to see Nick and Juliette end up being foster parents to Spawn of Schade. I don't think the show will go that route. I'm hoping for Meisner to find his way to Portland and then he and Adalind can raise the spawn. 

Adalind has not been a villain since Nick bit and took her away her powers. Her story was clearly done then, but the writers probably liked working with actress and with limited ideas decided to bring the character back. Since then an enormous amount of screentime has been wasted on her getting her powers back and the magical child pregnancy. It is not much different from when the writers decided in midstream to change Renard from a villain with minions to Nick's "ally."  I don't know why the writers refuse to have a real big bad that it is willing to kill off. 

When did we learn Renard is the father? I thought his now dead brother was still in the running for who's the daddy?

Thank you for this. I know this whole storyline is a mute or ff moment for me but I was wondering. I guess when they decided to get rid of Eric they hoped the audience would forget that it is just as, if not more likely that Renard is not the father.

I also don't think Sean is the father. I think Adalind is crafty and self-interested, so working it so the father of her child is the legitimate heir and who is apparently fairly powerful, rather than the illegitimate half-zauberbiest who is in exile is entirely plausible. She didn't know Eric was going to be bumped off. Now, Sean is her only option, and she's going to work it.

I don't believe Kelly didn't know who Renard is, not for one second. First, he's got the same last name as the royal family's recently, mysteriously dead prince. Second, she was working just a little too hard at ignorance  - "some guy named Rennerd, RAYnard..." She also let slip that she'd "been here before" outside Renard's apartment building. We knew that, but I don't remember if Nick knew that.

That's what I think as well, Adalind and her story that swallowed the show are playing Renard because she can't claim Eric is the father of the demon baby and be protected. My hope is that Adalind dies and the demon baby is given to some people far from Portland to raise and this whole mess turns Renard into the enemy he was supposed to be. His character has been deadly dull and pointless since the truce. A show like this calls for a valid and present villain and the who gives an F royals don't cut it.

For the reasons you noted above, my distrust of Nick's mom remains in tact. She knows exactly what's going on and is up to something.

Rosalee's dress was not my taste, but it is an heirloom and should be viewed as such.

Juliet was nicer to Adalind and the devil baby than I would have been. I mean really giving birth does not change who Adalind is and the evil she has done. Adalind is a criminal who has not paid for her crimes. Juliette, Nick and Hank are her victims; they have every right to treat her as the viscous monster she has always been to them.

I find it funny that Adalind is the Worst.Person.Ever! when half of the things she did, she did because Renard ordered/asked her to do it. The whole seduce Hank thing was Sean's idea, ditto trying to murder Aunt Marie. I don't see Juliette/Nick screeching at him for it or acting uppity and superior. Nick took her powers away and she retaliated by putting Juliette in a coma. She's not a Disney witch, what was Nick expecting when he started this vendetta against her?

Do they KNOW that Renard put Adalind up to those things?  Pretty sure Nick hasn't had that heart-to-heart about what Renard wants out of all this yet.   So we don't know why he wanted a pet Grimm or what he was doing with Wesen before Nick manifested his powers. As far as they know, Adalind did all these things on her own.

• Love 2
(edited)
Adalind is a criminal who has not paid for her crimes. Juliette, Nick and Hank are her victims; they have every right to treat her as the viscous monster she has always been to them.

Meh. Nick is a criminal, too, and Hank is his accomplice, Nick is a murderer, a serial killer who justifies his kills by convincing himself that he is on the right side.

I think the only way to watch these kinds of shows is to accept that real-world values and morals do not apply and just treat it all like playground squabbles. There's really no enjoyment for me in keeping score of how many laws have been broken and who has committed the most vile acts.

Edited by orzamonium
  • Love 1

Just to be clear, I have no problem with how Juliette treated Adaline, but I can understand it if other people were put off by that. This plotline has been dragged out for so long, the audience can hardly be expected to remember everything Adaline did.

I'm more put off that she's apparently "a better person (wesen)" now that she has a baby? Oh come on! Yeah, this show lacks good big bads. I'm not impressed by the verrat so far.

The C-47D version of the DC-3 had a ferry range (extra tanks and no cargo/passengers) of 3,600 miles at a speed of 160MPH.

Yeah, you could probably custom-fabricate a fuel tank to fit inside the fuselage with room for 2 or 3 seats aft of it, and assuming it could pass weight and balance and the engines provide sufficient thrust, she'd fly a good distance. But to get best fuel economy you'd have to be close to service ceiling, which, IIRC, is around 25,000' in the '3. That means IFR, radar contact, yadda yadda, yadda. Not to mention, I don't care who you are, but flying at low altitude over an ocean to avoid detection = zero glide range. One problem with those complex piston engines and it's adios.

As much as I don't want a baby to constantly show up on the show every week, I really don't want it to pop into a time-space portal and pop back out as a 16 yo. (played by a 23 yo) with parental issues.

• Love 1

I foolishly believed that once that stupid baby was born the whole royal baby drama would end. It's like I never saw TV before or something.

I'm okay with Monroe and Rosalie taking that baby, or the beavers, but not Nick. It would be too much a part of the plot if he took it.

I'm pretty sure the only way anyone in Portland takes it, though, is if Renard dies.

They need to report it to The Council!

When did we learn Renard is the father? I thought his now dead brother was still in the running for who's the daddy?

A few episodes he told someone he thought it was his.

Ahh, I didn't consider Nick's mom as an option for an adoptive mother to Adalind's baby/spawn.  The argument against it would be that her lifestyle does not accomodate a "normal" upbringing and she does not seem like she would be willing to give up her Grimm vigilante existence.  However, I can see that if they choose not to keep the baby in portland long term with Nick/Juliette or Monroe/Rosalee, they can ship the baby off with Nick's mom to parts unknown where she can place it with a normal family, kept secret to everyone so no one can find the kid until a season or two down the line.

• Love 1

Many moons ago on the TWoP thread, I wanted to see Monroe and Rosalee to take in the baby. Hijinks would happen a la Bewitched with baby Tabitha. Even though that wasn't mentioned in this episode, I think they made a case for none of the other situations working, so it could still happen.

As much as I don't want a baby to constantly show up on the show every week, I really don't want it to pop into a time-space portal and pop back out as a 16 yo. (played by a 23 yo) with parental issues.

As much as I wasn't a fan of that plot on Angel, I'm even less of a fan of having a baby show up on the show constantly with obligatory baby-related hijinks and obligatory "aw, ain't that cute" moments.

If they insist on keeping the kid around to be a character on the show, maybe she can magically grow up super quickly like those fairy kids on True Blood. This is a show where Fairy Tales are real, and this kid is some kind of supe, so why not? There! No more baby and no tiresome parental angst.

In short, they better speed this up. This already feels like a plot that's been going on for far too long.

(edited)

I'm more put off that she's apparently "a better person (wesen)" now that she has a baby? Oh come on! Yeah, this show lacks good big bads. I'm not impressed by the verrat so far.

But it is typical of lazy writing of this show. Renard was running an underground crime ring and killing wesen, only to wake up one day suddenly "a better person (wesen)." It really is too bad because if they did not do ridiculous things like this, the show could be so much better.

The story with Adalind, Renard, the Royals, the verrat, and the Resistance is meandering and unclear that my attention wonders whenever it appears on the screen. I think that the writers, themselves, are clueless which is why they struggle to tie this mytharc into Nick's world in Portland. It is all very blah.

Edited by SimoneS