Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E17: Synchronicity

Season 1 Adalind was an evil bitch whom rightfully Juliette and Nick should hate.  Having a baby softened her but I don't think a redemption arc is in her future.  I really don't see how the writers wrap this up and unless she disappears in hiding with the baby.  Keeping the baby with Nick & Juliette would not work since clearly the royals will discover that out.  This whole plot b seems like a way to keep the actress on the show, but enough already.  Super powerful supernatural baby is a played out storyline.

I agree with others about that wedding dress. Not flattering at all and a grimm as a best man is a terrible idea in general.

I hope they mean what they say about the child needing to have a normal life and we never see her again with the explanation that she needed to be sent to anytown USA to be brought up by normal folk, and leave this Destiny’s Child crap to Believe.
“That was a hell of a coma you put me in, bitch!” Oh, Juliette.
At first I thought Flashback!Marie looked a lot like Juliette.  If they were related somehow then she couldn’t be with Nick. Maybe that’s how they will get rid of her…

No Wesen-of-the-Week storyline with this one. So much went on I'm glad they left it out.

I think that if they do keep the baby around (and I really hope they don't) then there is a good way for it to grow really fast. Didn't the pregnancy go really fast? I know it felt like it dragged on forever but I thought I remembered something Adalind said early in the pregnancy about how something couldn't be happening yet because it was too early. Which could then give reason for the kid to grow really fast.

Of course it's entirely possible that I've hated this plot so much that I've just mixed it up with Twilight on my brain.

Had to laugh how Nick's mom tells Adalind, 'the less we know about each other the better'. . . well, maybe not.  It might have actually been better if Adalind got to explain a bit more.

I have been ambivalent about David Giuntoli's acting, but I'm sold. The defining moment came when he and GrimmMom were outside Renard's apartment building, as she went marching off with intentions of violence and havoc, Nick tried to slow her down with a plaintive "MOM!?!?" with overtones of both futility and oh-crap-what-now. That tone of voice happens to me often when the cat is about to do something unwise, so I know it well.

• Love 4

Fun episode, and I enjoyed seeing the Gooney Bird, but man did I run a big debit on my WSOD account:

• The  DC-3 aircraft may be one built in 1937 for Eastern Airlines. It's got about 92,000 hours of flight time. Yes, that is ten years in midair.
  • Gooney Birds will go anywhere and do anything, but they are s....l....o....w. I met someone evacuated from Jakarta to The Hague in one, and that trip took about a week. VIE->PDX is about 4800 nautical miles Great Circle, and at 180 knots, that's about 27 hours, without fuel stops. More likely 36-48 hours.
  • You'd need 4 fuel stops, at least....and trust me, it would attract LOTS of attention at each. A bizjet such as the Royals use would be less conspicuous. (If only the Resistance had a 501C4 account & rich donors.....)
  • Gooney Birds are noisy, shake like Elvis, and COLD.

Ergo: Baby NoName is going to be very cranky by the time they arrive, and partially deaf....And/Or off to a good start in learning the rigors of a life underground...

ps: Willing Suspension of Disbelief.

Edited by Syme