Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E17: London Calling

• Start Topic

(edited)

Ramona, you're just an asshole. You're there to support Bethenny (ostensibly), not to whine about how she didn't provide you with a hook-up in your target demo.

ETA: Speaking of Ramona, apparently her book was released today.

Edited by archer1267
  • Love 18

Constantine Maroulis from American Idol and the Broadway production of Rock of Ages just introduced himself to Ramona, and she couldn't care less!

He must have caught her in a sober, lucid moment...

• Love 14
(edited)

Two things: I kinda hate Carole, but I liked her better tonight and empathized with her. Second (and I have to admit I wasn't always watching all that closely): There are so many things wrong with Ramona, but what is with Bethenney shaming her and saying she just wants to get laid? No, I think Ramona just wants to find someone else, not necessarily to just jump into bed with them. She has said as much. As a single woman of a certain age, pretty goodlooking and slim BUT 60, who would like to find love and realize that it may not ever happen--well,  I think Bethenny is really crappy about this.

Edited by judylo
  • Love 21
(edited)

Ramona, you're just an asshole. You're there to support Bethenny (ostensibly), not to whine about how she didn't provide you with a hook-up in your target demo.

ETA: Speaking of Ramona, apparently her book was released today.

Isn't there a dating website for over-50 somethings?  Maybe that's what Ramona needs....or, she's going to be the next victim of Patti Stanger!  

I don't necessarily think that Ramona is looking to "get laid" as Bethenny so eloquently put it.  Ramona wants to be romanced, wined (a LOT!!!) and dined.  Ramona is looking for a guy that is currently picking up 30-something girls - over 50, well established, handsome.  

Ramona is basically looking for another Mario.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 23

Whoever pointed out Kristen's wonderful, rubber face - kadooz to you!  I laughed out loud when in her talking head she said about Ramona's faux pas, "Oh yeah.  Her husband's ashes.  Hello??? Are you dumb?"  And then she pulled that face.  Awesome, funny and perfect.

• Love 22

I'm unexpectedly enjoying the conversation and growing closeness between Carole and Dorinda. They haven't had much time together this season. 

I know academia is filled with professorial hijinks, but I had some trouble envisioning Richard being a big target for aggressive female students.

Where did Bethenny get all those cute male guests?! Craigslist open casting call?

You'd be surprised. Maybe five years ago I went to my alma mater for a writer's conference and workshop. The department chair and a professor whose class I'd taken my last semester of grad school was running one of the workshops. He's a nice fellow; knows his stuff; very tough but fair in his critiques; very encouraging. He's not the greatest on the eyes, though.

Imagine my surprise when I saw a young woman, who apparently had just started grad school that semester, slinking up to him, all giggly and informing him that she'd signed up for his spring semester class. She was just gushing and flirty, in spite of the visible wedding band on this man's finger. For some of these young women, it becomes really easy to develop crushes on these worldly, older men. 

• Love 12
(edited)

Yeah, Carole and Dorinda had me breaking out the tissues. So touching.

And, sure Ramona. You didn't do anything with that guy. You were only Luann's "wing woman." Mmmhmmm.

I love how Sonja turned into some I-don't-even-know-what accent when talking about breaking her tooth on that guy's shirt. What was that?!? Hilarious!

Edited by TexasGal
  • Love 20

Why is Ramona demanding that every event this season turn into her personal Millionaire Matchmaker event and every damn guy fit her Mario shaped requirements? Do you know how sympathetic I would be if she had said she wasn't ready to date? If she sat down with a therapist? Or took this time to pursue interests she hadn't been able to explore when she was married? But that would take introspection. And you can't expect any introspection from the Ramonster.

• Love 23

I love watching Ramona on WWHL. She always sits turned to the left instead of facing Andy. Last time she was on Andy read a tweet from someone asking her why she wasn't facing Andy. She said it looked like she was sitting strangely because of her excellent posture. I guess she thinks she looks better that way.

• Love 9

So Bethenny can add Moaners Pimp to her list of jobs talents. Moaner made me all stabby this episode, my husband used to be a bartender. What a snobby bitch!

What tooth did Sonja break? Maybe it was editing but when they showed Sonja posing for a picture with Bethenny her front teeth all looked intact. One thing I'll say for these women, they sure know how to party!

• Love 6

Ramona is a spazz, plain and simple. She wants guys upon guy upon guys to be presented to her, but she doesn't seem all that interested in even having a conversation with any of them. She's got this super high bar as though she's without flaws. But I guess that's the issue, right? Ramona thinks that there's nothing wrong with her. 

• Love 14
(edited)

Yeah, Carole and Dorinda had me breaking out the tissues. So touching.

And, sure Ramona. You didn't do anything with that guy. You were only Luann's "wing woman." Mmmhmmm.

I love how how Sonja turned into some I-don't-even-know-what accent when talking about breaking her tooth on that guy's shirt. What was that?!? Hilarious!

I guess by the time this party happened she and Domenik had broken up?  

I wish some fame hungry dentist or oral surgeon would just permanently fix that friggin' tooth already - he can do it on TV, and get his 15 minutes of fame!!  But, hey, maybe Sonja doesn't want her tooth fixed because she can impart some interesting sexual pleasures by removing that tooth?  I know...ewwwwww!!!  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 4

Constantine Maroulis from American Idol and the Broadway production of Rock of Ages just introduced himself to Ramona, and she couldn't care less!

I didn't know who he was either, so nbd.

Isn't there a dating website for over-50 somethings?

Yeah, I think it's called ourtime.

• Love 3

So Bethenny can add Moaners Pimp to her list of jobs talents. Moaner made me all stabby this episode, my husband used to be a bartender. What a snobby bitch!

What tooth did Sonja break? Maybe it was editing but when they showed Sonja posing for a picture with Bethenny her front teeth all looked intact. One thing I'll say for these women, they sure know how to party!

I think her fake tooth flew out? Not sure?

WWHL is actually funny tonight.

• Love 6

What tooth did Sonja break? Maybe it was editing but when they showed Sonja posing for a picture with Bethenny her front teeth all looked intact.

Are you talking about when they were in the photo booth?  If so, the mouth on a stick that Sonja was holding up had teeth, so it looked like she had all of hers. LOL.  She's a trip.

• Love 2

Are you talking about when they were in the photo booth?  If so, the mouth on a stick that Sonja was holding up had teeth, so it looked like she had all of hers. LOL.  She's a trip.

Oh OK I thought those were Sonja's teeth. Lol!

• Love 2
(edited)

Carole and "Doris" in London made me cry. Memories of my ex (we were together 16 years)who died in a car crash. So many similar feelings.

Bethenny's invites and party looked like fun.

Ramona is just a self centered bitch, be gone "special snowflake".

SonJa lost her "toof" but still was having a great time at the event.

Edited by mbaywife123
  • Love 13

I think her fake tooth flew out? Not sure?

WWHL is actually funny tonight.

I loved how one caller asked Ramona if the dress she was wearing was the one she stole from Bethenny! And I figured she would chose the youngest, good looking guy for her date.

• Love 11

Ramona and Sonja are such horn dogs!

I was just about to comment on this to say that I disagreed because I don't think Ramona likes sex, knows how to get sex and is probably petrified of the idea of having it again with someone that isn't Mario.  But I was watching WWHL.  And just now the results to the poll:  "Does Ramona have game?"  90% said 'NO'.  Bwahhahahahaha.  Michael Rappaport busted out.  Hilarious.

• Love 14
(edited)

Oh Sonja! I'm hoping that was a drunken slip of the tongue. Because if you're having veterinarians fix your teeth, that's the reason they keep falling out. You must have wondered why he kept giving you an egg for a shiny coat at the end of every visit. I'm sure you thought it was a frugal way to get eggs.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 24

Now that I've watched the whole episode...

I could have done without a lot of the Bethenny party scene because Ramona drives me nutsy but I guess that's what they're wanting to get across to us.  I don't think that she's looking to get laid either.  I think she's looking for exactly what she articulated.  Someone her age, who has kids the age of Avery who will wine and dine her and be her social companion (and sex).  She's really not the one-night-stand type of person and doesn't portray herself to be that.

Loved every minute of Doris (LOL) and Carole in London.  Felt a lot of sympathy and a lot of empathy.  I know a lot of us here have our own war stories and when Dorinda talked of how Richard was sick and when he died it was a relief I knew exactly what she meant because my mother was sick for 8 weeks from diagnosis to death (brain tumor) and we took care of her at home (hospice was in its infancy stage) and I slept on the couch every night (except for weekends when my sisters took over and I drank myself into a stupor).  After the funeral luncheon people came over and I was all "yo, see ya - heading to jazzercize".  I already mourned for every day of those 8 weeks.  

I saw a new and interesting side of Carole tonight.  So much back story and pictures! Loved the pictures!

Tell me Sonja didn't look like Barbra Streisand in Funny Girl at Bethenny's party!!  Oh man, I could see the drifting eye and everything - the neckline, straight out of the scene in the room with Nicky Arnstein (Nicky Arnstein what a wonderful name), the updo, the ribbon around the head.  And you know Fanny in all her glory would have made a comedy routine out of the flying tooth.  Too Funny.

Kristin and Heather - always good to see you!  Love my girls!

• Love 23

I was just about to comment on this to say that I disagreed because I don't think Ramona likes sex, knows how to get sex and is probably petrified of the idea of having it again with someone that isn't Mario.  But I was watching WWHL.  And just now the results to the poll:  "Does Ramona have game?"  90% said 'NO'.  Bwahhahahahaha.  Michael Rappaport busted out.  Hilarious.

I was almost amused by Ramona in her date/not date conversation with her business partner. I am recently divorced, we were together almost 20 years and I've had conversations with a couple guys recently where I wanted to just say - are you flirting with me? Because I think you are but I don't know how to do this anymore?!

But then she was all Ramoaner-eyed and weird and I will have nightmares that this is how I am coming across to normal men. Ugh.

• Love 15

Bucky and Dorito's London adventure just didn't do it for me.

How could someone who lived in London not recognize that they were on Bond Street? And what on earth was Dorito talking about with regard to the "light" ... was it the glow from Picadilly Circus that had her facinated? Has she never been to Times Square.

Another thing about Dorito that bugs is her inability to use the correct words at the correct time. If you didn't know better you'd think English was her second language. (Don't even know what to say about Bethanny's mangled metaphor "Romona has a bounty on her vagina" how does that even make sense?) I admit to just cringing at the thought of Dorito representing Americans in London, ugh!

• Love 5
(edited)

Was utterly and completely touched by all of Dorinda and Carole's London adventure. It was like watching the earliest seasons of the RH to me, because that, everyone, was real.

Absolutely.  This was touching, moving & really so beautiful. Not at all what I'd expect to see on a Housewives show, but a very nice surprise.  And I thought, what a difference from Vicki's self-absorbed whining, wailing & crying -- which I could barely stand to watch once & refuse to ever watch again.  Watching both Carole & Dorinda reveal so much of what they had to deal with as their husbands were dying makes me cry as I'm typing this.

It was nice to have the levity of Sonja sorta saying she gets her teeth fixed by a vet or that she has "people".  Er, I wasn't hearing wrong, was I?  She did say that, right?  It was good to have a balance against the somber Carole/Dorinda stuff in this ep.  Btw, did anyone notice Joshie-poo-the-dickhead's hair?  WTF?  Plugs?

And this is fun-

Sheesh, was Bethenny manic as hell in this ep or what?  Does she feel she has to give Satan Andy his million bucks worth?  The woman can't relax for a second.  She seems like such a bundle of raw nerves.  Man, I'd hate to be anywhere near her.  She skeers me enough thru my TV.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 23

Lawd, Bethanny's Skinnygirl party looks like it was held in Hell's reception and orientation area. How do you know your in hell? Nothing to drink but Skinnygirl cocktails and Ramona is there.

And Bethenny screeching in your face.

• Love 13
(edited)

Somehow this is richly rewarding. All season it has been about insincere Ramona rounding up guys, putting her flirt on but mostly being ridiculous. Bethenny and Carole need to not gloat too much when up against Ramona--they lost.

Edited by zoeysmom

I loved how one caller asked Ramona if the dress she was wearing was the one she stole from Bethenny! And I figured she would chose the youngest, good looking guy for her date.

He reminded me of a younger version of Mario.

• Love 4

I was extremely impressed by the way both Dorinda & Carole were in this ep -- so dignified & bittersweet.  It was just so wonderful to see these women behave this way.  I'd like to think this is who they both actually are.  And that Carole isn't the giggling idiot she's been acting like for most of this season.  And Dorinda isn't the unpredictable loon she has been.  But dignified is definitely NOT the way Housewives shows go, so back to screaming, yelling, lunacy & crazy behavior.  Oh Moaner . . .

• Love 19

Somehow this is richly rewarding. All season it has been about insincere Ramona rounding up guys, putting her flirt on but mostly being ridiculous. Bethenny and Carole need to not gloat too much when up against Ramona--they lost.

How so? 90% of the respondents agreed with Beth and Carole that she's got no game.

• Love 17

I do have to mention that Bethenny's jumpsuit was amazing, and she looked fantastic in it!  It was unfortunate when her boob popped out, though!  LOL

It's not a real event until a boob or Ramona pops out.

• Love 9

Ramona%20young1_zpsnitqf5fs.jpg

Ramona%20young2_zpsht9qcllk.jpg

Ramona%20young3_zpsvrnpct9k.jpg

• Love 24
(edited)

I also found the conversation between Carole and Dorinda very real and touching.  I don't think it should need to take death as the subject for us to have some genuine, heartfelt moments from these women, but it seems to.  It raised my opinion of both of them.

Whoever pointed out Kristen's wonderful, rubber face - kadooz to you!  I laughed out loud when in her talking head she said about Ramona's faux pas, "Oh yeah.  Her husband's ashes.  Hello??? Are you dumb?"  And then she pulled that face.  Awesome, funny and perfect.

That was me, and thanks for the kadooz!  

I wish some fame hungry dentist or oral surgeon would just permanently fix that friggin' tooth already - he can do it on TV, and get his 15 minutes of fame!!  But, hey, maybe Sonja doesn't want her tooth fixed because she can impart some interesting sexual pleasures by removing that tooth?  I know...ewwwwww!!!  

The dentist who was on a few seasons ago, when Jill Zarin was telling him how to do dentistry?  That was my old dentist, back when I still lived in NYC.  I'm surprised they haven't recruited him to do Sonja's tooth.  I loved him, but he was the only dentist I've ever heard of who had his own PR person.  His name was in the gossip columns constantly.  Maybe he's just afraid of putting his hands in Sonja's mouth--you never know what was in there earlier.  But she has a vet who's willing, so it's all good. (???)

From the shallowest end of the pond (or across the pond, actually), I have to admit to loving Carole's blue leather gloves.  Don't know why she had two pairs of them with her, though.  Did not love that pink sweater on her, however.  I'm not taking fashion advice from Dorinda.  Carole's coloring is all wrong for shocking pink.  And I really hated all the fur we've seen her wearing.  I'm not believing that white shrug was faux.  Cut it out, would you?

Edited by Lisin
Pro Tip. Don't bitch about the mods in your posts
  • Love 15

Bucky and Dorito's London adventure just didn't do it for me.

How could someone who lived in London not recognize that they were on Bond Street? And what on earth was Dorito talking about with regard to the "light" ... was it the glow from Picadilly Circus that had her facinated? Has she never been to Times Square.

Another thing about Dorito that bugs is her inability to use the correct words at the correct time. If you didn't know better you'd think English was her second language. (Don't even know what to say about Bethanny's mangled metaphor "Romona has a bounty on her vagina" how does that even make sense?) I admit to just cringing at the thought of Dorito representing Americans in London, ugh!

And what about Dorito's Elmer Fudd moment -- of bumping her noggin into the window when she was trying to look out?  Not exactly a graceful gal, that Dorito.

• Love 11

I was almost amused by Ramona in her date/not date conversation with her business partner. I am recently divorced, we were together almost 20 years and I've had conversations with a couple guys recently where I wanted to just say - are you flirting with me? Because I think you are but I don't know how to do this anymore?!

But then she was all Ramoaner-eyed and weird and I will have nightmares that this is how I am coming across to normal men. Ugh.

Naw.  There's only one Ramoaner.  Even if you do get a little weird, a man worth his salt will know it's probably just nerves. 

And if it's not just nerves and you really are a little weird, then let that freak flag fly, girlie, so the other weirdos can find you. ;-)

• Love 11

And what about Dorito's Elmer Fudd moment -- of bumping her noggin into the window when she was trying to look out?  Not exactly a graceful gal, that Dorito.

Dorito is no nacho supreme but she is spicy inside of the regular bag of baked chips.

• Love 7

What's that sound I hear?  It's Bethenny the wizard cooking up Moaner a 55 year old model.  Er, do 55 year old male models exist?  Um, anywhere?  Well, if anyone has the powers to do it, I believe Bethenny does.

• Love 2

I just hate Ramona.  When she made that comment about the bartender it hurt my heart.  Ramona is too damned old not to have an ounce of self-awareness.  Something's not right.  Oh yeah, and I'm not buying her stupid book either.

Ramona is a self serving bitch. And by the way isn't her daughters name the 5160 label(s) you put on envelopes to mail out?

• Love 5