Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E14: Prophet & Trinity

On the one hand... a guy meets a woman who looks nothing like he thought she looked like, but yet they had both poured their hearts out to each other.

Who's the guiltier party? The woman who used someone else's photos so she looked more attractive to someone, or the man who doesn't like the woman he meets based on appearance, even though they'd shared so much?

I can see being disappointed in someone being totally different from the photos, but if you loved the person.... does the package erase all that?

• Love 7

In real life? Sadly, yes.

I was laughing over Nev's crush on Prophet. The way he "danced" entering the door, the rapping, getting all fan-girl over his music and even his shoes. Nev is such a dork, but I like him just the same.

• Love 11

I hope he's paying her for her continued assistance with work stuff, or helping her with her own life so it's mutual, and not just exploiting her because she feels guilty.

Also, he's looking for a venue to watch the show? Neither of them have a TV?

• Love 2

Anybody else think that Prophet's "people" told him to go on Catfish along with FB, Twitter, & Instagram? 

On the one hand... a guy meets a woman who looks nothing like he thought she looked like, but yet they had both poured their hearts out to each other.

Who's the guiltier party? The woman who used someone else's photos so she looked more attractive to someone, or the man who doesn't like the woman he meets based on appearance, even though they'd shared so much?

I can see being disappointed in someone being totally different from the photos, but if you loved the person.... does the package erase all that?

Except the first thing she did was tell him a huge lie, she wasn't the person in the pictures. When you meet someone in person for the first time, the first thing that's going to attract you is their looks. You don't know anything about them but if their looks attract you enough, then you're willing to go ahead & learn more about them. Prophet said he saw her picture & that's what attracted him, so that was a big part of the relationship, how long was she going to keep lying to him?

• Love 9

Probably as long as he'd keep talking to her. Which still and will always confuse me. WHAT are people thinking is going to happen eventually? At least pick a photo of someone who sort of resembles you. From my own personal experience with online dating sites, the majority of people there are not who they say they are, either. And their photos are not who they are. This show just skims the surface of how the Internet has given people a new way to screw with people.

• Love 3

I was laughing over Nev's crush on Prophet. The way he "danced" entering the door, the rapping, getting all fan-girl over his music and even his shoes. Nev is such a dork, but I like him just the same.

I cracked up at his dancing. He looked like someone's nerdy dad.

So I kind of hope this was a publicity stunt for R. Prophet, because otherwise he looks kind of dumb and also like a Luddite. "New to the internet?" 

I thought Trinity looked familiar; I must have seen some of her modeling photos, or if she's an ex of Chris Brown, maybe I saw her in a gossip rag. I found the actual person, the catfish, pretty unsettling - there was some crazy behind her eyes.

• Love 7
(edited)

Which still and will always confuse me. WHAT are people thinking is going to happen eventually? At least pick a photo of someone who sort of resembles you. From my own personal experience with online dating sites, the majority of people there are not who they say they are, either. And their photos are not who they are. This show just skims the surface of how the Internet has given people a new way to screw with people.

Heh. My sister-in-law met her husband on a legitimate online dating site. She said she used a picture that she did not think she looked good in, so when he saw her in real life he would think she looked better. I had to laugh at that.

Crystal did have a bit of the crazy eyes. I always find it hilarious when the catfish gets all self righteous when the start of whatever relationship is with a giant lie. I was kind of hoping that crazy Jacqueline from the previous episode was the catfish.

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 6

Heh. My sister-in-law met her husband on a legitimate online dating site. She said she used a picture that she did not think she looked good in, so when he saw her in real life he would think she looked better. I had to laugh at that.

When I was online dating, all my photos were current (I captioned them with when and where they were taken). I included face shots and full-body shots. But I don't photograph that well, particularly in posed photos (candids tend to turn out better), so nearly all my online dates would comment that I looked better in person.

One thing that made me laugh was when Prophet was like "You lied, that's not cool, so good luck to you" and went back to the car, and then in the next scene Nev was like "We have to get them closure!" I know the show follows a format, but "Take care, bye" sure looked like closure to me!

• Love 8

How ironic that a guy who calls himself R. Prophet totally didn't see this coming.

To be fair, though, "Trinity" did have a pretty good source of photos in Jasmine's Instagram account. Need a photo looking left? Jasmine's got it. Need a photo looking to the right? Jasmin's got that, too. Need a photo holding today's copy of Louisville's fifth largest newspaper while riding the second place horse at this year's Kentucky Derby? Good thing Jasmine likes horses! Also a good thing Prophet thinks Instagram is a scale used to quickly measure small amounts of, um, unlicensed narcotics.

The good news is, Mr. Prophet has amassed an extra $20 for his GoFundMe campaign since the episode aired last night. Only $24,450 to go!

• Love 6

So, basically this was a way for Prophet to remind everyone he still exists, right? I know it must be hard for people who were once famous and then disappear, but there have to be better reality shows he can be on than this, right? He needs to do a Go Fund Me to hire a better agent.

• Love 8

I'll never fault a catfish victim for not being attracted to the whole package. If you're not into the way a person looks, you can't force it, no matter how much you enjoy talking to them or messaging them.

• Love 10

I'm a little surprised that Prophet didn't recognize Jasmine. It seems like she...get around? Or, at least, travels in rapper/video vixen circles. He's not a looker, but I can't blame him for not being attracted to the catfish, either. I mean, come on, an overweight, shlumpy, balding white chick comes wandering over....and I thought she was strange.

• Love 5

I don't know if I'm alone in this but whenever Nev or Max are having a little talk with a Catfish who posed as an attractive person but turned out not to be I always feel like inside their heads what they're really saying is "How DARE you not be hot?" Instead they drone on about how lying is bad, stringing someone along is bad bla bla bla. 

Obviously it's wrong to do what they do for so many reasons but call me cynical enough to think that if a Catfish turned out to be as hot as the fake pics they used,  there wouldn't be much scorn really. The Catfish victim would also probably be more amenable to "giving it a shot because hell shucks we're already involved" bla bla bla.

What I don't understand at all is why someone who knows they're unattractive and decides to deceive someone online by using fake pics of models would ever in a million years decide to unveil themselves anywhere, ever let alone TV!? Why not just slink away into the night and just hope and pray they never find you and see what you really look like?

• Love 7

As a few have mentioned, sadly probably yes, but even if you take out the whole shallow aspect of things I can't help thinking the flat out lying doesn't help.

• Love 4

Years ago, I met a guy via a dating site and when he came to meet me he said "If you were yet another person who looked nothing like your photo, I had already decided not to waste the wine and cheese in my truck on you." This show is sort of the same thing when I watch it.

• Love 4

Crystal did have a bit of the crazy eyes. I always find it hilarious when the catfish gets all self righteous when the start off whatever relationship with a giant lie. I was kind of hoping that crazy Jacqueline from the previous episode was the catfish.

I will squeal like a little girl the first time a Catfish is revealed to be someone we've seen on the show before! That would be awesome. I mean no it wouldn't, they should encourage that kind of behavior. Except it would be hilarious.

• Love 1

This guy is a fool. The pictures used were of the model Jasmine Sanders. See, even I knew that. Yes, she did date Chris Brown for a minute. She is on instagram and tumblr as well.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 1

My favorite part of this episode is Nev's rap. I cannot stop laughing every time I see and hear it. I saved this ep just so that I could and i heart Nev. here goes, " it's your boy Nev, put that booty on me. Don't wanna do my homework, wanna go on snapchat, wanna watch that booty twerk, and I wanna slap that." Max was dying and so am I. LOL at its total corniness.

• Love 2