Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E04: No Puedo Hacerlo

yeswedo

Harvey steps outside his usual area of expertise, in order to take a case from a client who has a special tie to the firm. Mike and Zane work their class-action case together, but Mike learns they have different ideas about what constitutes a win - for themselves, and for their clients. And Donna counsels Louis on the best way to settle a feud.
  • Love 1
(edited)

Jessica is the MVP of the episode. I've been side eyeing Donna since the beginning of this season. Mike continues to be the worst. A katrina appearance!!! And I absolutely love what they are doing with Harvey. 

Edited by Nanrad
  • Love 6

I cried a little at the end when Harvey thanked Donna for 12 years.  Now THAT was a Suits episode.  The money shot was Jessica fixing the whole settlement and then rolling her eyes at Zane's comment of her having to put up with Mike saying "you have no idea."  

• Love 4
(edited)

Ok,it´s official: Mike Ross gets annoyingly fraud-sensitive, how long will it last till smart daddy Zane finds out the secret of his future son-in-law? There is a slight odour to federal prison at next season. Suits is the New Orange)) Jessica is my idol: the woman is absolutely gorgeous, intelligent and, sadly, single, no wonder there ´s no man character to match that divine creature. Pity, Harvey is too childish for her. Nevertheless, the guy is coming back to his senses, flirting around again, looks like Donna´s drama is off for now (Louis´s sister is sweet, but not the kind of woman to tie Harvey for good, even though the plot would have been funny, Louis being the obsessed brother-in-low/partner- at-law). I was absolutely rooting for Donna in the 1st season, but now I´m just bored by this entire "pull and drag" thing-y. Harvey would be great with someone like Olivia Pope) that guy needs some bad-ass chick who would outbeat him in looks, sarcasm and brains.

I must have dozed through most of last year, because I don't remember just how they handled it with Mike's fraud that he is now practicing law.  He's making deals and handling cases in court.  How did this get settled?  Thanks to anyone who wants to answer...

Hadn´t Mike hired some hacker girl back then to put his name into the list of  Harvard law graduates? As long as  Harvey, Jessica, Rachel, Louis, Harvey´s law professor keep quiet...Mike is in the clear.

Edited by MorningOwl
  • Love 4
(edited)

By the way, I´ve got 2 questions, people:

1) who´s finally assuming Donna´s incommensurate salary?

2) is there even a remote possibility that paralegal in front of potential client spills to the senior partner something like "huh, you dont even know the mayor" and still comes to work the next day? 

Edited by MorningOwl
  • Love 2
(edited)

2) is there even a remote possibility that paralegal in front of potential client spills to the senior partner something like "huh, you dont even know the mayor" and still comes to work the next day? 

This is a world where nobody in the firm has a problem with Mike not even going to law school, despite the fact if it got out the firm would be destroyed, and every single person who works there would be toxic to any other law firm.  That's not even getting into the fact that Mike, Harvey, Jessica, Donna, Rachel, and Louis would be tossed into federal prison.

Mike being smacked down by Robert, Jessica, and Rachel was great.

Edit: Next week the show is going to get gobsmacked in the ratings, it doesn't stand a chance against Sharknado 3.

Edited by Jediknight
  • Love 1
(edited)

It's also a world where a paralegal/law clerk is referred to as an associate, where someone with no experience handles a multi-million dollar divorce, and where hundreds of clients in a class action lawsuit can all come to an agreement on a settlement overnight. Reality,what a concept!

Edited by Good Queen Jane
  • Love 4

I have to agree. Since when Rachel got so mouthy? She's not in the same league with Harvey, Jessica and Louis but she kept talking smack and teasing them like she's buddies with all three of them. Donna can pull it off. Rachel definitely can't.

The saving grace of this episode is definitely Amanda Schull.....Shiiiiiiiit, I like her and Mike's dynamic.

• Love 7

I had almost forgotten about the Secret, until they kept shoving it at us last season.  Now it is so firmly implanted in my brain that I get in a huff every time Mike even implies that someone else did something unethical.  If it weren't for last season, I might have looked at this episode with a "Way to go, Mike! Keep 'em honest! Fight for the underdog!" attitude.  Instead, I am think "Really, you are practicing law illegally, and you have the nerve to imply that Zane did something wrong?"  

Sure, Mike has an amazing memory, but he is not such a valuable asset or a great friend or a terrific employee that it is worth keeping him at the firm.  

• Love 2

Litt or Mike needed to be punched in the face real soon. REAL SOON.

This is a world where nobody in the firm has a problem with Mike not even going to law school, despite the fact if it got out the firm would be destroyed, and every single person who works there would be toxic to any other law firm.  That's not even getting into the fact that Mike, Harvey, Jessica, Donna, Rachel, and Louis would be tossed into federal prison.

Mike being smacked down by Robert, Jessica, and Rachel was great.

Edit: Next week the show is going to get gobsmacked in the ratings, it doesn't stand a chance against Sharknado 3.

Pretty much everyone has a problem with it. That's not what is going on here. They didn't know and now they are stuck with him because they are screwed if it gets out. It's not about being happy about it. Except for Harvey and Donna anyway.

• Love 1

I must have dozed through most of last year, because I don't remember just how they handled it with Mike's fraud that he is now practicing law.  He's making deals and handling cases in court.  How did this get settled?  Thanks to anyone who wants to answer...

It was never settled. He blackmailed Jessica to stay on after she found out and wanted to fire him. I am not sure they knew of the blackmail but he was backed by Harvey, Donna and Rachel.

Jessica just like Louise and everyone that found out came around and admitted that he is GOOD so *Kanye shrug*

I will quit this show if Robert is added to this Mike vortex. 

The saving grace of this episode is definitely Amanda Schull.....Shiiiiiiiit, I like her and Mike's dynamic.

Another one I dread coming into the Know.

Hopefully her guest status will save her.

(edited)

Who the f**k does Mike think he is. He is an arrogant, entitled, little white shit. He is not a lawyer and the fact that he actually thinks Jessica and Zane should bow down before him shows how delusional the character has gotten. My greatest hope is for Zane to find out the truth and the end of this season and obliterate Mike by the end of Season Six (which will hopefully be the final season) sending him into the utter nothingness he deserves. What an unworthy, undeserving a**hole.

I can't stand Amy Acker. I hated her on Angel, I hated her on that episode of Supernatural, I hated her on PoI, I hated her in this episode, I pretty much hate her in anything. Her voice. Is like nails across a chalkboard, and she is an okay actress at best, so I never understood her non-stop employability.

Jessica is the only reason I am tuning in at this point and since they see fit to give her two minutes an episode, I will soon be tuning out.

Edited by Happytobehere
  • Love 9
(edited)

Mike: (paraphrasing) "I'm Honesty McTruthfulton! Seriously, I'm honest, while you, an actual lawyer, with an actual degree and an actual member of the bar, are dishonest and I'm going to make sure everyone knows it!!!"

Me: UGH. I never liked Mike Ross; I don't care for the actor that much, and I never, ever liked Mike. At this point, I just want him to have a huge fall, but not take everyone else like Jessica, Harvey, Donna, and Louis with him. He can take Rachel. She's almost as bad.

And okay, so they HAVE to keep him employed because he blackmailed Jessica and there's nothing she can do about that. But now, they're letting him work with other lawyers outside the firm, try cases, it's mind boggling. If this were even remotely possibly a real situation, he would be forever relegated to junior associate, with the occasional trip to the courtroom with Harvey, but only so he could carry the heavy stuff. The whole thing has gone from ludicrous to ludicrous-er.

I'm glad Donna and Harvey made up, but I don't want them together as a couple. Never did. Don't want her with Louis either. She needs to date outside the firm for a change.

Jessica and Harvey, and sometimes Louis, are the only reasons I still watch. I don't know how much longer they can keep up this whole Mike charade. With all the people they piss off on a regular basis, someone would have found out by now. Hopefully, we'll get to see him brought down in the final season.

Oh, and Happy: I'm with you on Amy Acker. To me, she's just blah, and I have never understand her fans' rabid love for her. She's actually the reason I quit watching PoI.

Edited by PepperMonkey
  • Love 8

Amy Acker is a fantastic actress and eminently likable and charismatic.  Forget y'all.

With all the stupid baggage that everyone is carrying from failed plots and idiotic developments, Katrina > everybody.

• Love 4
(edited)

Really don't understand why everyone is getting off on Mike. Yeah he's a tad bit arrogant and has character flaws but he has a good grasp of the legal system that work and he's not afraid to stand up for what he thinks.

There's a reason Harvey hired him in the first place because he's a dam good attorney. If you were a defendant or needed very good legal counsel this is the attorney you want sitting on your side of the table.

I would think if he had the degree he has the chops for partner material.

Edited by CaptainCranky
  • Love 3

Really don't understand why everyone is getting off on Mike. Yeah he's a tad bit arrogant and has character flaws but he has a good grasp of the legal system that work and he's not afraid to stand up for what he thinks.

The problem is he's extremely self righteous, lecturing everyone about how the law works, when he's committing a felony every single case.  Mike can complain about other's ethics, but when he himself is constantly committing a felony that if it ever got out, would kill a firm, get numerous people in jail, and cause every case he worked on to get overturned, he's not very sympathetic.

• Love 8
(edited)

There's a reason Harvey hired him in the first place because he's a dam good attorney. If you were a defendant or needed very good legal counsel this is the attorney you want sitting on your side of the table.

Mike's not a good lawyer, though. He makes a good facsimile of a lawyer, but if he's ever found out he will destroy the firm, land everybody who knows his secret in jail, and worst of all, overturn every case finding that he was involved in. Every additional day he remains employed at Pearson Whatever We Are Now is a moral failing, and every new case he works on is a fresh betrayal of an innocent client. Basically, Mike's the kind of guy that, if we hear about them in the news, is usually attached to the word "sociopath".

And worst off, he's really goddamn self-righteous. Even in general that's not a good quality, but it goes doubly so when it's a guy who commits fraud by handing somebody his business card.

Edited by Mars477
  • Love 8

I think the Big Secret is the show's Big Flaw.  They should have found a way to resolve Mike not going to law school or taken the bar (for himself), even if was in some way that wouldn't happen in the real world - like he takes the bar and passes so high they let him have his license even though he didn't go to law school, or he speeds his way through a correspondence law school.  They still could have had a bunch of the earlier Louis being suspicious storylines with the fact that Mike didn't go to Harvard. 

Heck, they could have just dropped the Big Secret, like the oldest brother on Happy Days or the youngest sister on Family Matters. 

Instead, the resolved the Big Secret by having if be the Big Secret That So Many People Know.  I think it would be great to have a young lawyer with ethics fighting for the underdog and keeping everyone honest, while learning that sometimes there are grey areas, but, as long as Mike is practicing law illegally, he just comes off as a hypocrite.

This episode highlighted his hypocrisy.  When Rachel was defending her father, she should have said something about Mike doing something more illegal that what he was accusing her father of doing.  Jessica should have mentioned it too.  But the fact that Mike was committing fraud was never mentioned.  It looks like maybe they are deciding to drop it - it is too late to do that, IMO, after all the talk of it last season

• Love 7

What most of you are saying would be correct in the real world but this a fictional TV show and really has no comparison to what really happens in real life.

TV is very seldom factual. One could take every show on TV including reality shows and pick it apart for inaccuracies.

But it is fun to spend time pointing out these flaws.

• Love 1

What most of you are saying would be correct in the real world but this a fictional TV show and really has no comparison to what really happens in real life.

TV is very seldom factual. One could take every show on TV including reality shows and pick it apart for inaccuracies.

But it does.  In the universe of the show, Mike needs a law degree and to have passed the bar exam to legally practice law, which means that, in universe, he's committing fraud by representing himself as a lawyer when he's not.  It also means that, in universe, he's a terrible hypocrite when he, while doing a thing that is morally and ethically very bad, criticizes others for their own moral or ethical breaches.  That makes him a total dick, in universe.

I mean, how terrifying would it be if Mike represented himself as a doctor without ever having gone to medical school, completed his internship or residency, or secured a legitimate medical license?

• Love 11

But it does.  In the universe of the show, Mike needs a law degree and to have passed the bar exam to legally practice law, which means that, in universe, he's committing fraud by representing himself as a lawyer when he's not.  It also means that, in universe, he's a terrible hypocrite when he, while doing a thing that is morally and ethically very bad, criticizes others for their own moral or ethical breaches.  That makes him a total dick, in universe.

I mean, how terrifying would it be if Mike represented himself as a doctor without ever having gone to medical school, completed his internship or residency, or secured a legitimate medical license?

Wrong. From the USA website on Suits.

"SUITS delves into the fast-paced, high-stakes world of a top Manhattan corporate law firm where hotshot associate Harvey Specter (Gabriel Macht, “Love & Other Drugs”) makes a risky move by hiring Mike Ross (Patrick J. Adams, “Old School”) a brilliant but unmotivated college dropout, as his associate. As he becomes enmeshed in this unfamiliar world, Mike relies heavily on the firm’s best paralegal Rachel (Megan Markle, “Horrible Bosses”) and Harvey's no-nonsense assistant Donna (Sarah Rafferty, “Brothers & Sisters”) to help him serve justice. With a photographic memory and the street smarts of a hustler, Mike proves to be a legal prodigy despite the absence of bonafide legal credentials."

I don't know how to bold but note the last sentence.

He is definitely a legal prodigy without the legal credentials, but, the show spent most of last season pointing out that he is committing fraud and that he is dragging everyone else into the murky ethical waters.  It seems odd that they are also trying to make Mike the moral compass of the show. 

• Love 8

As someone who doesn't regularly watch the show (only watched this episode for Amy Acker, whom I adore) and had no idea about Mike's Big Secret until I came here, I still found him to be a whiny, self-righteous, entitled, obnoxious PITA this episode, which is not what I think they were going for. I think it was the sanctimoniousness that killed me. Maybe it's an acting problem? The actor is laying on the self-righteous moral crusade too thick?

• Love 6

Can someone give me the rundown on the last 2 minutes?  Just watched it on the DVR and apparently my cable died on Wednesday night just as Harvey was going into Louis after him and Esther gave their goodbyes.

A funny tidbit about the first Mike / Katrina scene from closed captioning.

Katrina: C'mon Mike. I get fired and two days later I get an offer from Rachel's father? Whatever you did, I owe you one.

Mike: Actually you owe Rachel one.

Katrina: No shit.

Mike: Shit.

Katrina and Mike: Shiiit (both as Clay Davis from The Wire)

I'll have to watch this with CC on more often to see if all the quotes they toss around always have the source.

• Love 2

A funny tidbit about the first Mike / Katrina scene from closed captioning.

Katrina: C'mon Mike. I get fired and two days later I get an offer from Rachel's father? Whatever you did, I owe you one.

Mike: Actually you owe Rachel one.

Katrina: No shit.

Mike: Shit.

Katrina and Mike: Shiiit (both as Clay Davis from The Wire)

I'll have to watch this with CC on more often to see if all the quotes they toss around always have the source.

You know if Katrina was still around Mike would be infinitely more tolerable.

• Love 2

That's not even getting into the fact that Mike, Harvey, Jessica, Donna, Rachel, and Louis would be tossed into federal prison.

Maybe it's just me, but Mike is starting to look a lot like a younger Tim Robbins, at least from The Shawshank Redemption.

Jessica is the MVP of the episode. <snip> And I absolutely love what they are doing with Harvey. 

me too! Our little Harvey's heart grew three sizes that day!

I found Louis to be completely intolerable this episode.

I think the Big Secret is the show's Big Flaw.  They should have found a way to resolve Mike not going to law school or taken the bar (for himself), even if was in some way that wouldn't happen in the real world - like he takes the bar and passes so high they let him have his license even though he didn't go to law school, or he speeds his way through a correspondence law school.  They still could have had a bunch of the earlier Louis being suspicious storylines with the fact that Mike didn't go to Harvard. 

Heck, they could have just dropped the Big Secret, like the oldest brother on Happy Days or the youngest sister on Family Matters. 

YES YES YES. Every week i watch and every week i can't get past that he's lying. Six seasons in and i'm still watching and I don't know why since I never agreed with the premise to begin with! I guess I kept thinking they would resolve it after the first season and Trevor, but no. i know other posters have posited that they could have brought him in as a paralegal or investigator - he doesn't need to *try* the cases - that's what Harvey is there for. His work is the critical pre-game work. He doesn't have to be a lawyer to do that. (At least, I don't think, based on my LA Law degree from McKenzie Brackman.)

I guess I don't understand why the creative team wants us to root for a hypocrite/liar. The underdog, yes. The little boy who lost his parents, yes. If they had resolved this in the first season, or over hiatus where they could come back and say "Mike was admitted to the bar," the non-Harvard storyline and photographic memory s/l would have been enough.

I thought Jessica *did call him on being fraudulent, right before Rachel overheard...? No?

• Love 3

I think Mike was a lot more tolerable when they were doing the case of the week and Mike was always fighting for the underdog. When it became about Mike's ego and proving that he belongs and him in the big deals and he was not just helping people he became a character that you just didn't want to root for. I don't think he has to bow down to her, but I don't like the way he speak to Jessica when he knows that he has put her whole firm in jeopardy. I also in that regard don't like the way he treats Rachel in their relationship. He has lied a lot about the very essence of who he is and his big hard to accept that, but he doesn't want to accept any flaws in her. Patrick Adams was never wildly attractive, but his face is starting to look kind of puff puffy and he looks a little Haggard. The whole Harvey and Donna thing has just ruined it for me

• Love 4

From the NY Bar Association website.  http://www.nybarexam.org/Eligible/Eligibility.htm#D

"LAW OFFICE STUDY/CLERKSHIP

New York is one of only a few jurisdictions that permits an applicant to qualify to take the bar examination on the basis of some law school study combined with law office study or clerkship. Section 520.4 of the Rules of the Court of Appeals sets forth the eligibility requirements for law office study. Interested applicants are urged to carefully review the requirements of Section 520.3 To qualify to take the bar examination on the basis of law office study under Section 520.4, the applicant must demonstrate:

that applicant commenced the study of law after applicant's 18th birthday; and
the applicant successfully completed the prescribed requirements of the first year of full-time study in a first degree in law program at an ABA approved law school, whether attending full-time or part-time, earning a minimum of 28 credit hours (the threshold period);
that applicant thereafter studied law in a law office or offices located within New York State under the supervision of one or more attorneys admitted to practice law in New York State, for such a period of time as, together with the credit allowed pursuant to this section for attendance in an approved law school, shall aggregate four years.
After carefully reviewing rule, the applicant should submit a written request for an evaluation of eligibility to the Board office. In addition to making this written request, an applicant must have his or her law school or schools submit the following directly to the board:

an original and official transcript; and
a written statement from an authorized official which includes verification that the applicant was in good standing, not on academic probation and was eligible to continue in its degree program at the conclusion of the threshold period and also at the conclusion of all subsequent semesters.

Upon receipt of the request for an evaluation together with the required supporting documentation, the Board will determine whether the applicant meets the threshold criteria under Section 520.4 and issue a written determination in due course.

If an applicant meets the threshold criteria, the Board will then determine how much credit toward the four year requirement the applicant should receive for their law school study, and notify the applicant how many weeks of law office study must be completed before the applicant may apply for the bar examination. Next, the applicant must obtain a position as a law clerk/student in a law office, and have the attorney with whom he or she is working complete and file a Certificate of Commencement of Law Office Study with the Court of Appeals."

The problem is time, not intellect or passing the bar exam in Mike's case. It is a five year program including one year of law school.

• Love 1

Mike hasn't passed the bar exam under his own name. He's also responsible for helping a bunch of supremely unqualified people become lawyers, which could eventually lead to damages to their clients. And PSL still will be held liable for being party to Mike's fraud. That Mike is competent to practice is completely irrelevant. What matters is that he lied to PSL and to his clients in the first place.

In other words, it doesn't matter whether Mike has passed the bar exam, because his taking the bar exam at all is part of his fraud. And because is continuing to commit fraud every day he steps into the PSL offices, he shows himself as one hell of a goddamn hypocritical little bitch when he criticizes morality and ethics of others.

• Love 7

You know I'd never really thought about the aspect of the fact that Mike taking the bar etc for other people led to them working in jobs if they were really not qualified for . I can't remember if he just took the bar exam for people, or if he was taking other exams, such as SAT or MCAT. I just wish they had dealt with this the first year and moved the story on to something else

• Love 6
(edited)

Mike: (paraphrasing) "I'm Honesty McTruthfulton! Seriously, I'm honest, while you, an actual lawyer, with an actual degree and an actual member of the bar, are dishonest and I'm going to make sure everyone knows it!!!"

Me: UGH. I never liked Mike Ross; I don't care for the actor that much, and I never, ever liked Mike. At this point, I just want him to have a huge fall, but not take everyone else like Jessica, Harvey, Donna, and Louis with him. He can take Rachel. She's almost as bad.

And okay, so they HAVE to keep him employed because he blackmailed Jessica and there's nothing she can do about that. But now, they're letting him work with other lawyers outside the firm, try cases, it's mind boggling. If this were even remotely possibly a real situation, he would be forever relegated to junior associate, with the occasional trip to the courtroom with Harvey, but only so he could carry the heavy stuff. The whole thing has gone from ludicrous to ludicrous-er.

All of this. Mike is a flat out fraud--no way around it. He has no room at all to talk about ANYONE and I'm glad Jessica called him on his shit just so he knew he couldn't pull that shit with her.

It's not Mike's arrogance, it's his arrogance with his self-righteousness. On a regular basis, he criticizes other peoples moral failings as if him being a fraudulent lawyer and putting everyone including his fiancee, co workers, and clients at risk of either going to jail or having their cases overturned isn't a huge moral failing. That is more times than not, way worse than whatever he is bitching to others about. He has the nerve to criticize Robert as if he's not habitually partaking in moral failings by coming to work and practicing. Harvey didn't hire him because he's a damn good attorney, he hired him because Mike was smart and had good memory and reminded him of himself WITHOUT THE DEGREE AND LEGAL BAR RESULTS.

The whole premise of the show is based around Mike being a fraudulent lawyer, so this statement is incorrect. The only reason I'm really addressing it is because you have commented on the point about 2-3 times about how we are wrong for being upset about what Mike's doing, but if it wasn't an issue in the TV world: Harvey wouldn't have had Mike get a fraudulent degree from Harvey, lie about taking certain classes, fabricate grades, Jessica wouldn't have been upset at Harvey, Louis wouldn't have blackmailed his way into a partnership--basically, the people who know about the secret wouldn't be fighting to keep it a secret if it wasn't an issue and if Mike could practice. In this fictional TV land, Mike not having a degree or passes the bar under his own name is a HUGE issue.

me too! Our little Harvey's heart grew three sizes that day!

I found Louis to be completely intolerable this episode.

YES YES YES. Every week i watch and every week i can't get past that he's lying. Six seasons in and i'm still watching and I don't know why since I never agreed with the premise to begin with! I guess I kept thinking they would resolve it after the first season and Trevor, but no. i know other posters have posited that they could have brought him in as a paralegal or investigator - he doesn't need to *try* the cases - that's what Harvey is there for. His work is the critical pre-game work. He doesn't have to be a lawyer to do that. (At least, I don't think, based on my LA Law degree from McKenzie Brackman.)

I guess I don't understand why the creative team wants us to root for a hypocrite/liar. The underdog, yes. The little boy who lost his parents, yes. If they had resolved this in the first season, or over hiatus where they could come back and say "Mike was admitted to the bar," the non-Harvard storyline and photographic memory s/l would have been enough.

I thought Jessica *did call him on being fraudulent, right before Rachel overheard...? No?

Hey, how does the fifth season end? ;)

I'll never root for Mike in the general scheme of things. I have my moments where I like him, but he is just intolerable. Despite Harvey's arrogance, I like him because he is honest about who he is and never tries to be better than that. Mike isn't and thinks he has a moral high ground, which was briefly touched on with Katrina. He was upset that Katrina got a job due to his shady behavior, but what about his fraudulent lifestyle???

Edited by Nanrad
  • Love 7

When he got that new haircut, which doesn't do him any favours.

According to IMdB, the guy who plays Mike is in a movie called Car Dogs, where he plays a car salesman.  Perhaps the new haircut has something to do with that?

It looks like a Mike bashing night but it really isn't - it's a Dump Mike night! And the character deserves it. Demanding a company to commit huge amounts of funds in a case with little or no return cause for a warning. Two - he does not have the gravitas to speak so harshly to Jessica or Harvey. Second warning. Three - to demand that he have the second chair with Zane and then take over the negotiations with the opposition lawyers - fired!

As to the actor - please - no more shirtless scenes in bed - skinny white arms - ugh!

Mike - you want to help the little guy? Go get a law degree and open up a office in Kansas and you cover the cost of an office, employees, cost of filings, court costs, investigators. Oh, that's right - Harvey had fixed it so you could do that but you want the action, the money, etc. in New York City. Weak character!

• Love 8

They *really* need to have Mike get a Bachelor's Degree online (Hey, maybe from Greendale! Do a crossover with Community. He can bond with Jeff, learn some humility).

Then he can do law school - just have the hacker modify it so he is going for continuing education or something.

Do a time jump 2 years because Mike is SuperAwesomeMemoryMan - so he could get a BA in 4 semesters (Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer), then complete law school in 2 semesters, because he is ExtraSpecialAwesome

• Love 2

I outright laughed when he suggested that Katrina wanted to work with him because she is interested in him. His ego has no bounds.

I dislike him so much that even Katrina doesn't make him tolerable to me. He could have put her out of a job asking her to pry on confidential information for him. That guy is like a vampire. I don't want him to mire Katrina.

• Love 1

I've hesitated to say this but Harvey is my favorite. The character depicts the consummate professional. What some might not like - arrogant and egotistical - are probably traits found in the top success stories in corporations. A weak leader is no leader.

I do like the story line between Harvey and Donna. One - they seem to totally understand each other. Two - a long history between them that hasn't been covered yet. Three - Donna seems to be the angel of goodness in a corporate office being able to get the guys to "play well together."

Who I don't like? Jessica - let me count the ways. One - the wardrobe is totally out of line in a law office. The choice is a bit classless. Two - Corporate heads don't sit in a huge office waiting for a stray lawyer to walk in to discuss an issue. HR would get more traffic. With more than thirty lawyers does one not think there would be a constant line of lawyers to present their cases, problems, etc? I doubt they would be lounging on the couch. Third - if she can be tied up and blackmailed over the fake Mike

issue, she certainly is not qualified to run the law firm.

Thanks... I feel better!

• Love 2
(edited)

I came to really enjoy Amanda Schull through her performance on 12 Monkeys, but every time I see her on Suits, it just makes me realize how poorly they are able to utilize her talents and how much her character was never anything more than a drama device.

ITA about the Mike as "ethical watchdog" comments. If the show is so determined to bring up his illegal lawyering when they feel the need to stir the drama, then I'm surprised they don't milk his hypocrisy for same anytime he starts harping on how people are behaving badly. They like to ratchet up every scene into a screaming match between the principal characters involved, having people throw his false pedigree in his face when he gets uppity would do it nicely.

I liked the scene with Harvey and Donna at the end, and even the (admittedly a bit heavy handed) scene in the boardroom where Harvey realizes how he's treated Donna. The show can do these kinds of things- the writers have shown time and again they can write good scenes with (gasp!) everyone working as a team and taking care of the "real" bad guys (all the evil corporations and individuals litigating against them and their clients), I just don't understand the need to have everyone at each others' throats all the time. It actually seems kind of lazy.

Edited by Cthulhudrew
  • Love 2

Curious, Harvey is my favorite too (along with Donna), but I do like Jessica too. I really don't see the issue with Harvey because just about every lawyer there IS arrogant, but Harvey isn't pretending to be anything other than who is he. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Mike would never be allowed by the state of New York to sit for the bar. For one thing, he's a fictional character!!!

But aside from that, he's pretended to BE a lawyer for the last five years, or however long this has been going on. And, yes, as someone else said, he has never passed anything under his own name. Only, once again, his fraudulent taking of LSATs for people who might not have otherwise qualified.

And then since then, he has had someone hack into Harvard's database to put false credentials, the same person or someone else hacked the NY bar to put his name there, and he has actually represented clients, not as a paralegal, not as an intermediary, but as a LAWYER. He's been practicing law FRAUDULENTLY ever since he went to work at Pearson Fill in the Blank, except for the brief time he was an investment banker.

I think all watchers of the show GET that he's a "legal prodigy" due to his HUGE intellect and his photographic memory. No one here has ever said they haven't represented him as extremely intelligent.

But having dealt with the state of New York in a highly regulated industry for more than ten years, I can tell you unequivocally, that Mike's time at the firm would not only NOT qualify him to be admitted to the bar, but would probably land himself in jail or facing huge fines; and the named partners would all be disbarred.

Edited by PepperMonkey
  • Love 4
(edited)

I might be the only one that is bugged by this but why isn't Jessica's office redecorated since 2011?

When it first started. three abstract red paintings were on the wall. I noticed since I am an artist painter and my son wanted something like them. It's time to rotate, folks!

Edited by Curious5
  • Love 1

He is definitely a legal prodigy without the legal credentials, but, the show spent most of last season pointing out that he is committing fraud and that he is dragging everyone else into the murky ethical waters.  It seems odd that they are also trying to make Mike the moral compass of the show. 

They should have just made him Harvey's personal paralegal. He could do all the genius prodigy shit without committing fraud and putting everyone in his career path at risk. But I guess that would have gone against the premise of the show. I wonder if Harvey would hired him anyway, if Mike had been up-front about the truth all the way back in the Pilot.

They could also bring back Trevor.... somehow.

• Love 4

Amy Acker (Person of Interest) just drives me crazy. She is been bouncing around the different shows lately and I'm almost to the point of switching channels when she's on. The only show she was semi-good on was Person of Interest because she was evil and a fake. Uh - she's not an actress/actor.