Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Next weekend's comic con (updated, with schedule)...

Emerald City Comic Con, March 14-17, 2019 (Seattle, WA)
(Jackson Lanzing, DC writer of Green Arrow comics, Neal Adams, DC artist of Green Arrow comics, and Mike Grell, DC writer/artist of Green Arrow comics)
http://www.emeraldcitycomiccon.com
Panel Schedule
-Thu. (3/14) at 2:45pm - Science and Engineering In Pop Culture (panel incl. Jackson Lanzing)
-Thu. (3/14) at 2:45pm - The Super Heroes of DC (panel incl. DC writers and artists)
-Fri. (3/15) at 5:15pm - Simulated Reality: Writing for Games and RPGS (panel incl. Jackson Lanzing)
-Sun. (3/17) at 12:15pm - DC Art Academy (panel. incl. DC artists)

Edited by tv echo
4 hours ago, bijoux said:

Think the episode has aired in all time zones by now, right?

I love him!

LOL! He also says he wont rest until Kat sees that movie 

Edited by jay741982
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, KenyaJ said:

Wow. We should show him some of gross tweets from the antis who were mad about the fundraiser. Maybe he'd raise his donation to $20,000. LOL.

This is why I dont pay any attention to Carina's trashy ass nonsense when she implied the other day that Stephen (and Emily) hate Olicity fans/fans. He LOVES this stuff. The idea that a group of fans are going to raise money to put him on a billboard in Times Square is the kind of thing he lives for. I'm not the biggest fan of the guy nor do I think I'm going to follow him to his next project just because he's Stephen because no, but when he's not being an arrogant obnoxious racially insensitive ass  he's someone who definitely is not above showing appreciation to his fans. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

Random question: I follow SA on Instagram (and I def need to stop) but what's up with having his daughter pull out heart shaped papers out of a glass and read them on Instagram stories? What's the reason behind it? I'm a little confused... does anyone know?

Haha it's probably something that he finds super cute and adorable as her parent but the rest of us don't get what the fuss is. 

I'm guilty of the same kind of behaviour. I'm notorious for sending snaps of my kid's test papers to my friends cuz I get so damn excited that at 6 he can do well in a test for a 3rd grader. 

I'd be posting it on Instagram too if I was famous😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Mary0360 said:

This is why I dont pay any attention to Carina's trashy ass nonsense when she implied the other day that Stephen (and Emily) hate Olicity fans/fans. He LOVES this stuff. The idea that a group of fans are going to raise money to put him on a billboard in Times Square is the kind of thing he lives for. I'm not the biggest fan of the guy nor do I think I'm going to follow him to his next project just because he's Stephen because no, but when he's not being an arrogant obnoxious racially insensitive ass  he's someone who definitely is not above showing appreciation to his fans. 

Yeah, the second he heard about the Olicity bench he went out photographed it and put it all over his SM. They might find it frustrating and us being too intense sometimes but the guy enjoys publicity. Plus they're some of the fans most likely to buy his wine or still fork out money for him at cons. Though I guess that last one might change if the show ends in complete tragedy. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Mary0360 said:

This is why I dont pay any attention to Carina's trashy ass nonsense when she implied the other day that Stephen (and Emily) hate Olicity fans/fans

Did she? What did she say?

Also, SA got owned. Lol

47 minutes ago, way2interested said:

It was his kid's Valentine's Day gift for him of a jar full of all of the things they love together.

That's very cute. 

32 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

Was SA serious about that "celebrity angle" thing? That seems like a very dumb thing to say with his wrestling shenanigans.

I thought it was tongue in cheek precisely because of his wrestling match(es?). I've been wrong before, though. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, bijoux said:

I thought it was tongue in cheek precisely because of his wrestling match(es?). I've been wrong before, though. 

I thought it was tongue in cheek too, especially with the emoji he used. He's not always the most self-aware guy, but he seemed like he was making fun of himself. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Trisha said:

Did she? What did she say?

Also, SA got owned. Lol

The other day she was acting all chummy chummy with some not so nice LL fans and engaging in some snark talk of members of the Olicity fandom. Mainly generalising the fandom as Stemily shippers that harass her and her friends. When in reality it's just that Olicity fans don't like her because she's a genuinely not nice person and it has nothing to do with whether or not they want Stephen and Emily together. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, KenyaJ said:

I thought it was tongue in cheek too, especially with the emoji he used. He's not always the most self-aware guy, but he seemed like he was making fun of himself. 

You’re right - he was. His response is funny:

• Love 9

Adrian Paul has his own HVFF of sorts - it's called "The Sword Experience." It's a sword training program that was designed and directed by him. It includes a series of comic cons, combat cons and academy events that are scheduled throughout the year. Here's the link for more info...
https://swordxp.com/what-is-the-sword-experience/

Current tour dates:
https://swordxp.com/tour-dates/ 

twittr-chic13aprnew-1.jpg

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Collider's interview with MJW starts at the 1:01:40 mark (mostly talk about his new Triple Threat movie, but a few Arrow comments)...

Michael Jai White in Studio! - Collider Live #91
Collider Videos   March 13, 2019

-- One interviewer said that she is "recently loving Arrow" and is "obsessed with your role, Bronze Tiger." She asked MJW how he found out that Arrow was coming to an end and if he will be a part of its final season. MJW: "I found out when I was doing an interview a couple of days ago... Somebody mentioned it... They asked me the question of how do I feel about, you know, next year being the last season. I was like, well, uh (laughs)... I didn't know. ... No, there were some rumblings when I was on set... Yeah, there's things that - I just get to the point where - Stephen is telling me stuff and I'm like, 'um-hmph.' ... I'm not going to repeat anything I hear, 'cause I don't know if it's real or not... I have friends that are on the show. And, you know, people tend to say things, but I don't take it as gospel."

-- Interviewer then asked if SA ran a lot of the set and how involved he is with all the other actors. MJW: "Stephen is very well-involved... It's just amazing to meet him, you know. The first time I got involved with the series was the second season. To see the growth from that - that guy from the second season to now - I thought they were going to kill this dude. I mean, I don't think he realized how hard they were working him. And, I was like, who can sustain this degree of action and drama? I mean, this dude was doing a movie every freakin' week! Uh, I knew something had to kinda bend a bit. But, yeah, he's very connected, as the lead artist is gonna be. From their perspective, they're gonna see it all. It's like a - like a dart board or a target... All of the other departments represent certain rings, but there's going to be certain people with the perspective of seeing the entire dart board. And the lead actor is going to start to see the whole thing and see where it all fits together. And that's like the director, sometimes the producers - they have to see the whole board. And Stephen is one of these people who can see that... he can see it from that perspective."

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, tv echo said:

To see the growth from that - that guy from the second season to now - I thought they were going to kill this dude. I mean, I don't think he realized how hard they were working him.

I know this is a huge part of why the cast and the team got crowded and stayed that way but still think they could have handled it far better.  Still I was very glad when we stopped hearing about SA needing to be hooked up to an IV to get through the season.

• Love 10

I give Carina MacKenzie a lot of room - but her tweets shading shippers as people that aren't able to be critical about art & the contribution to pop culture makes me seethe a bit.  A BIG bit.  

• Love 10

Based on my experience in the Arrow fandom, the fans who love Oliver & Felicity are some of the most deeply engaged in the show and analyse the storyline, plots and characters and offer up thoughtful critique. Some of the best theories and critiques I’ve read about the show are from people that Carina would label as ”shippers”. 

I’m 100% confident that she would absolutely love to have a large and passionate “shipper” fanbase for her show.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

I find the stigma associated with shipping to be so weird because you talk about it to anyone else who is not involved in TV or fandoms and they actually have no negative feelings about shipping at all.

I have been looking for a jade ring to celebrate us getting an Olicitot and told several of my jewellers about this (hehe gave a lengthy explanation about how the show was about Green Arrow therefore a green jade ring was very fitting). They didn't even bat an eyelid! One asked me if I watched all the shippy clips during LNY for good luck. One was adamant that I should not text her for ring videos during Jan because I had sworn off purchasing for a month so as not to get bad shipping juju.

It seems that only people who view themselves as trendy TV viewers or whatever look down on shipping. 

ETA: This reminds me of back during my teenage years when the self proclaimed cool kids only listened to angry music while the rest of us "teeny boppers" listened to Nsync, BSB and Britney. 

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 5
20 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

They're congrats went up VERY fast.  

I love how they even act like siblings on social media. For all the complaints I have against Arrow they sure get it right when it comes to important Olicity relayed things like their children. 

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Kind of makes you wonder....

I've no doubt they *have* been discussing an Arrow: Legacies continuation, especially if they thought SA would only be doing the first half of a full S8.  They certainly made sure to populate the FFs with all the kids etc. If The Originals can get one over the next try at a SPN spin off anything can but meh, I'm really not interested in the fight out of this dystopian future and I wonder how many others would be as well. 

• Love 2

Next weekend's comic cons (updated, with schedules)...

Heroes Dutch Comic Con, March 23-24, 2019 (Utrecht, Netherlands)
Katherine McNamara
http://www.dutchcomiccon.com/
Program
-Sat. (3/23) at 12:00pm - Katherine McNamara
-Sun. (3/24) at 12:00pm - Katherine McNamara

Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo (C2E2), March 22-24, 2019 (IL)
Colin Donnell, John Barrowman and Summer Glau (also Tyler Hoechlin, and Marv Wolfman and George Pérez, DC writer and artist of Crisis on Infinite Earths comic book)
http://www.c2e2.com
Panel Schedule
-Sat. (3/23) at 1:30pm - Colin Donnell Interview
-Sat. (3/23) at 2:30pm - A Conversation with Marv Wolfman
-Sat. (3/23) at 3:15pm - John Barrowman Spotlight
-Sat. (3/23) at 6:30pm - Tyler Hoechlin Spotlight
-Sun. (3/24) at 11:00am - Summer Glau Spotlight
-Sun. (3/24) at 2:45pm - Marv Wolfman and George Perez: In Conversation

Bath Comic-Con, March 23, 2019 (England, U.K.)
Elysia Rotaru
https://www.creedconventions.com/bath-comic-con
No Schedule posted.

Capital City Comic Con, March 22-24, 2019 (Victoria, BC)
(Andy Poon, Arrowverse concept artist)
https://capitalcitycomiccon.ca
Event Guide

Edited by tv echo
55 minutes ago, Trisha said:

Great (and ew) — now I can’t help but imagine if that’s what this face was actually about...

On 3/19/2019 at 12:41 PM, SmallScreenDiva said:

Anyway, anyone else catch this expression on Oliver’s face?