Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, tv echo said:

The make up dept went way overboard making wrinkles.  

57 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Poor Felicity is gonna have to hold off on her red wine for a few months. 

Was Felicity's aborted wine date with Laurel the last time we saw her enjoy wine?  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

The make up dept went way overboard making wrinkles.  

Was Felicity's aborted wine date with Laurel the last time we saw her enjoy wine?  

Yup! No more wine for a long time! Poor baby couldn't even have a stiff drink after she had to let William go!

I have read that you can have a glass during breast feedings but nothing about drinking while preggers.

I was lucky! One year before I got preggers I went on a bender in the Maldives (last hurrah before settling down with kids plus all drinks were free) and drank so much I could not stand the smell of booze ever again. 

• Love 3

‘Arrow’ actress Katie Cassidy coming to MEFCC in Dubai
Published:  February 27, 2019
https://gulfnews.com/entertainment/hollywood/arrow-actress-katie-cassidy-coming-to-mefcc-in-dubai-1.62348264

Black Canary actress Katie Cassidy is coming to the Middle East Film and Comic Con this year, which takes place from April 11 to 13 at Dubai World Trade Centre.

Cassidy broke out in 2012 on The CW series ‘Arrow’, before reprising her role in ‘The Flash’ and ‘Legends of Tomorrow’. She also plays the antagonistic version of her character, Black Siren, in the Arrowverse.

The actress will be at the last two days of MEFCC to meet-and-greet fans.

Well, that was fast. Someone's already testing the waters. I can't see myself watching anything Arrow related after Arrow is done. I'd finally be done with the show and done with its shitty writers and TPTB. Can McNamara handle a spinoff? Maybe. I mean, she does have a cult favorite with Shadowhunters under her belt. And since The CW is less interested in ratings and more on social media buzz — and she seems pretty good at the social media game — I can see this happening and surviving. 

• Love 6
38 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

I mean wasnt TV Guide also the first with the Baby Olicity teasing. 

They were the first official site from memory, and it was also written as a 'what if...' type article then too. 

1 hour ago, Mary0360 said:

It's a little intriguing to me that TV guide wrote that article and then down the bottom you see the disclaimer that the CW owns/is affiliated with TV guide. 

Yeah, that's why I'm thinking TPTB is testing the waters. I would hazard a guess that Mia is the first Arrow character they've introduced in quite a while who's gotten such positive welcome. 

• Love 3

I would watch Mia if the show goes out on a high note and leaves enough good will for me. 

This would mean Felicity and Oliver retire to Aruba or Ivy Town and occasionally pop up in person or on Face Time to yell at/lecture Mia like crazy old parents. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

I would watch Mia if the show goes out on a high note and leaves enough good will for me. 

This would mean Felicity and Oliver retire to Aruba or Ivy Town and occasionally pop up in person or on Face Time to yell at/lecture Mia like crazy old parents. 

LOL I just wanna see Mia rolling her eyes and Mama Felicity Or Papa Oliver :Dont you Roll your eyes at me Young lady!😄 or Embarrassing her OH MOM! Or OH DAD Stop it  

4 hours ago, calliope1975 said:

I'd be willing to try out a Mia/JJ future show, but if Dinah or any of the other NTA are included, no thank you. I'd tune in only when SA pops up for a cameo when/if his post Arrow career doesn't take off. 

I'd only watch if the show featured Mia, JJ, William and Roy with appearances from Dyla, Olicity and Aunt Thea and maybe even Aunt Sara lol

• Love 6

I’d only be willing to give a spin off show with Mia Smoak as the lead character a chance based on what other characters are included and how Arrow ultimately ends. 

A show that includes Dinah and Rene and an ending for Arrow that is ultimately depressing will lead to it being a nope from me.

• Love 9
48 minutes ago, kes0704 said:

I’d only be willing to give a spin off show with Mia Smoak as the lead character a chance based on what other characters are included and how Arrow ultimately ends. 

A show that includes Dinah and Rene and an ending for Arrow that is ultimately depressing will lead to it being a nope from me.

And that I think about it this season seems to be evidence that the writers cant live without Dinah and Rene so they would probably be in the Spinoff getting more screen time than Mia JJ and William 

1 minute ago, insomniadreams88 said:

The phrasing seems odd, but I think I’m just used to cancellation announcements that say “due to filming/scheduling/a family emergency/etc.”

It sound like they saying its not us. She was supposed to be there on a Sunday so there is no possibility of the show filming.

Just now, SmallScreenDiva said:

It's the weekend, though. 

It was always gonna be on the weekend. More specifically Sunday. Maybe she thought the con would be during the filming episode 18. And why she said yes to it early on. 

I’m assuming filming is scheduled with plenty of notice for the cast who have to fly in to town. She would’ve known as soon as she got the shooting dates that filming of 718 didn’t overlap with the con.  Why leave it until almost the last minute to cancel?

Juliana, please close your mouth. The sex-kitten pout is annoying at the best of times. Your trying to work it while made up to look like an 80-year-old (right?) is setting my teeth on edge.   

• Love 6
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Did Star City take all the hair color and sun lotion with it when it to hell?

Clearly it all ended up in The Glades. I realize being a vigilante in city going to hell would a be harsh life but lighten up, hair and makeup people! Have they never seen people in their (I'm assuming) at most mid-fifties?

Edited by JamieLynn832002
  • Love 2

They really went three or four steps too far when it came to aging the characters in the FFs. 

Has it really been that long since characters like Moira, Donna, Quentin, and Malcolm were around that they forgot what people actually look like when they get older? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
On 3/1/2019 at 4:53 AM, tv echo said:

I can't decide if I find this cake oddly ugly or oddly beautiful...

I really like the cake (I love green though) but the writing lets it down! Writing is too childish looking! 

Random note, I stumbled on Bamford's IG once, looked through it and liked a bunch of pics he posted of his kid cuz she is ADORABLE (seriously soooo cute). Now I realise how totally creepy that might look 😂

While Harkavy didn’t tease much what to expect when Arrow resumes on Monday, she did share with fans how meeting them is her favourite part of playing Black Canary and also hearing how much the character means to people.

“It is a dream job to be a role model and be so strong and powerful. It is the best job you can ask for,” Harkavy said and added that Dinah is the longest role she has ever played.

Harkavy shared an embarrassing story of how the first time she had to get out of the Canary costume. “[The costume] made me hot and sticky and I had to use the washroom. I took it all off and realized I had peed all over myself.” To add to her embarrassment, Harvaky actually ended up in the men’s washroom and not the women’s. It then took her 10 minutes to put the suit back on.

As for the Black Canary suit, Harkavy said that she “cried and cried when I put on the costume for the first time.” She then sent a picture of herself to her parents can’t believing that this is her life.

Outside of being Black Canary, Harkavy said she would love to play Batwoman but said that Ruby Rose does an amazing job.

When it comes to workout routines, Julianna used to go to the gym six days a week but has reduced it to two days.

https://theworldgoespop.com/2019/03/03/fan-expo-vancouver-2019-with-arrowverses-courtney-ford-brandon-routh-and-juilana-harkavy/

3 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

Harkavy shared an embarrassing story of how the first time she had to get out of the Canary costume. “[The costume] made me hot and sticky and I had to use the washroom. I took it all off and realized I had peed all over myself.”

How did she not realize she had done this until after she'd taken the suit off? 

• Love 1
(edited)

Tweets from Arrow/LoT panel at Fan Expo Vancouver yesterday (Sunday) - only JH comments are posted here, but you can read BR/CF comments by going to the twitter pages...

Edited by tv echo