Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

I wish this video clip included everyone's comments about EBR; instead, it only includes KL's comments (and KA's brief comment)...

Katrina Law: "In real life, she is whip smart, super creative, and has a twisted little sense of humor. So, the amount of times after just doing a scene or whatever, she'd just kinda break down and, like, just kinda say a joke out of the side of her mouth, and just the amount of laughter that she would give you. And she and I used to make up songs and dances in between scenes. So, um, I can't repeat those songs because there's children in this audience. (Laughs) But, yeah, the amount of laughter and dancing and random song mayhem that would go on. That's what I miss about her."

Kirk Acevedo (after KL gives him a look): "I agree with what everyone said."

Edited by tv echo
3 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I refuse to watch KA answer a Q like that. What did he say?

That since Emily was going to leave anyway they should've let him kill her - he said it would've been better for the storyline and the show. "She can't just walk away. They should've had me kill her!"

Edited by apinknightmare
1 hour ago, apinknightmare said:

That since Emily was going to leave anyway they should've let him kill her - he said it would've been better for the storyline and the show. "She can't just walk away. They should've had me kill her!"

So unnecessary. Hasn’t he heard of, “if you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all”?

I wonder what he would’ve said if EBR and/or SA had been there. Maybe the same thing. Maybe nothing at all. 

• Love 2

KA has such a weird sense of... well, not humor, but something. That joking around about him being an arsonist and killer reads even weirder than his perpetual hard on for DDDiaz killing Felicity. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, bijoux said:

KA has such a weird sense of... well, not humor, but something. That joking around about him being an arsonist and killer reads even weirder than his perpetual hard on for DDDiaz killing Felicity. 

He's just achingly desperate to be seen as a badass, hence his whole idiotic #KidVicious schtick. 

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

He's just achingly desperate to be seen as a badass, hence his whole idiotic #KidVicious schtick. 

And like most things, the more you insist you are that thing, the more I think you are not. 

• Love 3

Admittedly I'm an Old, but getting drunk/wasted/high/whatever enough that you need an IV the next day - and having them on hand, I guess? - seems . . . not healthy to me. In a number of ways. 

• Love 15

I'm assuming they're hooked up to banana bags which aren't going to do anything.  They exist to reintroduce vitamins and minerals to either terminally ill patients or severe alcoholic patients.  In both cases the patient would be deficient in the vitamins/minerals that are in the banana bag and are in the hospital.  These fools and others are using it as a hangover cure but it won't do anything to help there unless they all happen to generally be suffering from severe vitamin/mineral deficiency.  If so, they all need to be in a hospital rather than Coachella.  If they want to prevent a hangover they need to drink water along with their alcohol, not drink so much, and have some food on their stomachs.  They may still feel run down the next morning, as that can still happen simply due to getting older, but a banana bag is not the answer no matter how trendy it currently is.  If it's just IV fluids to stay hydrated then they're still fools because all you have to do is drink water throughout the day and while you drink and that will happen.  Shortcuts like these are never a good idea.

• Useful 6
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

These fools and others are using it as a hangover cure but it won't do anything to help there unless they all happen to generally be suffering from severe vitamin/mineral deficiency. 

There's no shortage of ways to separate dumb rich people from their money.

• LOL 5
  • Love 16

This is the single most LA thing I've ever seen to come out of Southern CA.  I tend to handwave a lot of celebrity stuff, but this is a level of stupid that I can't shake.

• Love 5

I generally think Carina is after any bit of attention she can get but it seems dumb to tag and post multiple pictures yourself and your friends on IV rehydration because you’ve, more than likely, been drinking too much.  

It does make me laugh that Carina has been tagging Perrier water in multiple posts (that are probably paid for sponsorship) and then following up with multiple posts of her and the Jar crew getting rehydration via IV because -> not enough water.

Edited by kes0704
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4

I agree with KL about the S2 tunnel scene.  One of my favorite stories from that was Caity (I think) telling how pumped up she was to do it, and SA kept reminding her "we're supposed to be SERIOUS" LOL

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, kes0704 said:

It does make me laugh that Carina has been tagging Perrier water in multiple posts (that are probably paid for sponsorship)

Girl’s come a long, long way from begging Stephen for free wine on Twitter, bless. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Kirk will never not be pathetic. In the comments to that tweet he’s actually repeatedly denied the fact that he died on the show and that Emiko was the one to kill him. And he’s kind of being a misogynistic ass about it too. 

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

Kirk will never not be pathetic. In the comments to that tweet he’s actually repeatedly denied the fact that he died on the show and that Emiko was the one to kill him. And he’s kind of being a misogynistic ass about it too. 

Yeah, I just took a quick look at his Twitter and ... wow. (Sadly, I’m not surprised, given his past tweets.)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mary0360 said:

I mean, even if Diaz isn't dead, I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be a surprise. So he's possibly ruining a plot twist because his ego can't stand the idea of being beaten by a woman. Beth should kick his ass.

• Love 1

I added Google's English translation of each tweet...

"Something about Arrow?" Kat: "Hmmm ... There's more to Mia than meets the eye. Smoak (pun as Smoke, smoke) and mirrors ... "

"Favorite superhero?" Kat: "Hmm ... let me think ... # Arrow "

"Favorite photo of Emily and Stephen?" Kat: "I mean ... I'm kinda partial to this question"

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Next week/weekend's events and cons (updated, with schedules)...

Code 8 premiere, April 24, 2019 (Vancouver, B.C., Canada)
Stephen Amell
https://www.facebook.com/pg/Code8Movie/events/?ref=page_internal
-Wed. (4/24) at 6:30pm - Red Carpet Event-Vancouver

Code 8 premiere, April 26, 2019 (Los Angeles, CA)
Stephen Amell
https://www.facebook.com/pg/Code8Movie/events/?ref=page_internal
-Fri. (4/26) at 7:00pm - Red Carpet Event-Los Angeles

South Texas Comic Con, April 26-28, 2019 (McAllen, TX)
Manu Bennett
https://southtexascomiccon.com
Panels and Events
-Fri. (4/26) at 5:00pm - Manu Bennett Q&A 

Chiller Theatre Toy, Model and Film Expo, April 26-28, 2019 (Parsippany, NJ)
Brendan Fletcher (also John Wesley Shipp)
http://www.chillertheatre.com/main.htm
[No panel schedule posted.]

Awesome Con, April 26-28, 2019 (Washington, D.C.)
John Barrowman (also Danielle Panabaker, Neal Adams, DC/Marvel comic book artist, Marguerite Bennett, DC comic book writer, and Clay Mann, DC/Marvel comic book artist)
http://awesome-con.com
Programming
-Fri. (4/26) at 1:30pm - The Women of Science Fiction (panel incl. Danielle Panabaker)
-Fri. (4/26) at 2:00pm - DC Art Academy
-Sat. (4/27) at 5:30pm - John Barrowman Q&A
-Sun. (4/28) at 12:00pm - Danielle Panabaker Q&A
-Sun. (4/28) at 2:00pm - The Superheros of DC

The Sword Experience: Academy, April 27, 2019 (Los Angeles, CA)
Adrian Paul
https://swordxp.com/event/academy-los-angeles-april-27th-2019/
-Sat. (4/27) at 10:15am - Academy-Los Angeles

Calgary Expo, April 25-28, 2019 (Canada)
(Tyler Hoechlin and Lynda Carter)
https://www.calgaryexpo.com/en/home.html
Schedule
-Thu. (4/25) at 7:00pm - An Evening with Lynda Carter "This Life" Live Performance
-Sat. (4/27) at 12:30pm - Spotlight on Tyler Hoechlin

Edited by tv echo

It's weird, but I was updating my list of 2019 comic cons and suddenly realized that I probably won't care after this season ends in May - well, correction, I probably won't care after SDCC in July.  I'll still want to know how they handle EBR's departure (and Felicity's absence) in S8.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, Lily-n11 said:

Same city, same weekend. 🤔 He cancelled a con to go to a con? I'm sure there's a story to it. 

It seems a lot of Arrowverse actors seem to be leaving HVFF. CL just canceled the London con. Also there was some weird issue with Colton also.

3 hours ago, Lily-n11 said:

Same city, same weekend. 🤔 He cancelled a con to go to a con? I'm sure there's a story to it. 

There are a lot of people who bought tickets for HVFF that are now very unhappy with Stephen under that tweet. I might be on the wrong track here but didn’t he have part ownership or profit participation in HVFF?

It seems so odd to announce he’s attending HVFF, then cancel and then rebook for a rival con for the same dates and city. I’m curious to know what happened with HVFF - they seem to be having a lot of problems lately, 

6 minutes ago, kes0704 said:

There are a lot of people who bought tickets for HVFF that are now very unhappy with Stephen under that tweet. I might be on the wrong track here but didn’t he have part ownership or profit participation in HVFF?

He did at one point, but I feel like that's probably over. His last cancellation announcement made it sound like he wasn't going to be attending any further HVFF cons. That company seems to be a hot-ass mess - I wouldn't be surprised if they go under soon. 

• Love 1