Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

17 hours ago, bijoux said:

From the trailer I actually assumed that Mahershala Ali's character was the saviour. 

Nope, he gets saddled with the “wise black character who patiently teaches the white guy about racism” trope.  The performances are really good and Ali is pretty much a lock in the Supporting Actor category (while it seems like the movie is trailing just behind Roma as the Best Picture favorite), but there has been so many think pieces and controversy about this film, I can’t imagine SA is just oblivious to all of it. Or maybe he isn’t and just doesn’t care. This is why he needs a social media manager!

https://www.salon.com/2018/12/30/hollywood-still-loves-a-white-savior-green-book-and-the-lazy-feel-good-take-on-race/

• Love 3

KM made no Arrow comments in this video...

Katherine McNamara admits most Embarrassing Shadowhunters moment on Hollywire Polaroid | Hollywire
Published on Jan 27, 2019, by Hollywire

Katherine McNamara is at the studio playing Hollywire Polaroid. She tells us about her first kiss and her most embarrassing moment while filming on the set of Shadowhunters. We also find out what she would be doing if she weren't an actress and a goal she still has! #KatherineMcNamara #Shadowhunters #arrow

12 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

I really wish celebrities could be forced to disclose when they are hawking products for money on their social media. Has Fyre Festival taught us nothing people?

Pretty sure it is becoming more of the norm to force them to disclose things as ads. Though I dont think this is a paid ad, just links to Sephora and doesnt go over the usual "omg this makes my face feel like its walking on sunshine, your face can walk on sunshine to with blah blah"

2 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Pretty sure it is becoming more of the norm to force them to disclose things as ads. Though I dont think this is a paid ad, just links to Sephora and doesnt go over the usual "omg this makes my face feel like its walking on sunshine, your face can walk on sunshine to with blah blah"

I'm sorry that is 100 percent a paid ad.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

Even if it isn't a paid ad, she still used an affiliate link. She'll make a profit off of anyone who uses that link to buy the mask, so she should at least disclose that. 

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Even if it isn't a paid ad, she still used an affiliate link. She'll make a profit off of anyone who uses that link to buy the mask, so she should at least disclose that. 

See I'm basic with all that link lingo lol. The more you know.gif

Though I didn't notice the tag of the actual brand at first, shes been hawking their stuff for awhile now so year it is most likely an ad.

4 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

Yup, if you click on it, at the end of the Sephora URL you see "aff-linkshare-redirect" so it's definitely an affiliate link, which means she gets a cut if anyone uses that URL to make a purchase. Instagram recently got strict with how influencers are supposed to label and tag their "sponcon" so she's clearly breaking the rules. 

• Love 2

Every time I see this CW promo on TV, I want to throw something - no, you are not open to all, you still have to be CW beautiful and preferably young in order to end up on a CW show; however, I applaud the sentiment....

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

@tv echo, some of the tweets you posted are doubled. Could you delete the duplicates? This thread is pretty hard to load with all the media content as is. I can't even do it on some of my devices.

• Love 1

I remember when the show was renewed last year some of us got a little obsessed because all the noobs immediately celebrated but it took a while for DR and EBR to respond (and she didn't at all the year before) now I just can't bring myself to give a damn. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, tv echo said:

Every time I see this CW promo on TV, I want to throw something - no, you are not open to all, you still have to be CW beautiful and preferably young in order to end up on a CW show; however, I applaud the sentiment....

CW needs to step up their game, every other show they've had majority of the cast members shoot a spot but Arrow has had 2. Come on now.

EBR was at the 2019 Directors Guild Awards in Hollywood (L.A.) Saturday night - here's red carpet video and pics...

Video (go to link to watch video):
https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/video/emily-bett-rickards-at-the-71st-annual-dga-awards-at-the-news-footage/1127039061

Pics (go to link to see more pics):
https://celebmafia.com/emily-bett-rickards-2019-directors-guild-of-america-awards-1818274/
emily-bett-rickards-2019-directors-guild

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5

I’m amazed she’s wearing something that fits. Not sure if I love the jailer strips but she looks really good. 

I wonder if she is growing her color out for a role. Maybe that play that is doing a run in NY in the summer?