Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Katrina Law and Celinda Jade seemed to be having a lot of fun at the past weekend's con - they posted some funny pictures of the 2 of them.  And there's a backstage interview with KL where she says something to Olicity fans to the effect that Nyssa and Sara are a power couple - she calls them Nysara, I think.  Very cute & funny - nice to see the cast enjoying themselves as well as their co-stars & characters who aren't physically with them.

*ahem* I hope KC takes notes. *cough cough*

Very cute & funny - nice to see the cast enjoying themselves as well as their co-stars & characters who aren't physically with them.

CJ taking pics with KL and joking about stealing Sara's woman and CL calling up EBR at her and Stephen's panel. It shows that they are actually friends or at least friendly with each other and not just saying they are. I love when the cast from shows get along in real life, it brings up my enjoyment of the show. From the vids we saw how light hearted and fun the Arrow Lair was behind the scenes with SA, EBR, DR and CL. I'm wary about what that means when she who I will not name joins them, but maybe she won't be in them since she doesn't like to taped outside of her acting. 

• Love 3

I thought it was interesting that EBR was included on the CW team.

They should have made it Caity Lotz, although she may not be eligible until she's regular cast on the show.  (Yes, I'm still hoping)

Kayak relay -- awesome.

I LIVED for The Battle of the Network Stars when I was a kid!  EW is totally making me nostalgic.  I love that they did the followup article picking teams, even if I think the logistics would be a nightmare.  I can't even imagine them getting that many stars together (and that's narrowing it down to just the 5 networks EW picked; it seemed full enough when it was just the original 3) and keeping the results quiet (no Twitter, Facebook, heck - no internet around back in the day to spoil things).  I just can't imagine anybody pulling it together.  As for the teams they came up with, for a fantasy team, I'm not surprised they picked Emily, her current popularity would pretty much demand they stick her on the list, but in reality, there are way too many people from the same show.  The networks would want to promote as many shows as possible, including new ones.  They'd have someone from The Originals, plus The Flash, and iZombie (and whatever other new show I'm forgetting) on there instead of two of anybody from the same show.   Oh, but it would be so much fun.

What I'd really love to see is SA on American Ninja Warrior.  The qualifying rounds have been airing and I just keep thinking, "I bet Stephen could do that!".   Especially with all the videos he keeps posting. The show would probably never let him be on in a million years (way too much opportunity for injury), but I'd love to see him attempt one of the courses.

Speaking of Stephen and his crazy ninja skills, my mind is still boggling over the vertical climb he did at the end of his most recent video.  I saw it (more than once) and still can't quite believe he did it.  Crazypants.

I noticed these tweets by Kirk Landon Staley. He is a journalist and seems to know Katrina Law. According to his tweets, she will be at SDCC. I just checked her IMDB profile to see if she has any projects coming up that will be featured at Comic-Con besides Arrow and there was nothing that stood out. I don't know if she will be at the Arrow panel, but at the very least, I would expect her to be present for DC's big Saturday Night event.

Guys I want you to know that I'm having a dilemma regarding this year's Con.  I really want to go to the Arrow panel and take notes for all of you about the way the actors and audience all behaved, but Orphan Black's panel is an hour later in another room.  For those unfamiliar with the Con's workings, the really big panels like Arrow and Orphan Black require the bulk of the audience to get there several panels ahead of time to guarantee seats.  Arrow's in Ballroom 20 and Orphan Black in 6A.  If the times were reversed, I'd have a decent shot, as plenty of people leave Ballroom 20 early for other panels (especially when the questions start or when they realize that all Warner Bros shows-including those on the CW-don't give out any freebies), while the smaller 6A will be packed and unlikely to empty enough for me to grab a late seat.  And I LOVE Orphan Black and want to fangirl HARD for the Divine Miss Tatiana Maslany just as much as I do for Emily and Caity (if she's there).  My only other idea is to try and do the Arrow autograph panel like I did the Con before the show aired (where Amell and Cassidy both looked so freaked out by the experience that they seemed afraid to talk to anyone leaving the producers to pick up the slack) but, for all my luck, it would be one of those autograph sessions that takes place directly after the panel and screwing me all over again.  This seriously sucks.

@scarynikki12, speaking just for me, I want you to do whatever sounds the most fun for YOU. You're the one paying to get into this con and dealing with the lines.

And yes, isn't this always the way cons work out? Grumble.

• Love 3

But they both sound most fun for me!  I want to witness any potentially juicy attitudes and answers at Arrow AND I want to squee over Tatiana's stratospheric awesomeness.  The only, and I mean ONLY, real negative surrounding the Arrow panel is that I'll have to sit through the Originals panel before it.  Anyone whose read my posts about Vampire Diaries knows that I HATE Klaus with every fiber of my being and will absolutely not want to suffer through a panel that spend 45 minutes going on and on about how awesome a character they think he is.  I wanted to stab myself in the eye at last year's Vampire Diaries panel as I waited for Arrow and the sentiment will no doubt return if I do it again this year.  Such dilemmas.

• Love 2

That is a dilemma!  I have a somewhat similar issue coming up at an August con, so I feel you.

If it's any comfort, I'm not sure how many juicy attitudes/answers the Arrow panel will time to have - that's 11 people up on stage, right? And that's before any "surprise" guests arrive. If they add Katrina Law and a surprise guest, that's 13 people up on stage. I'm hoping they address whether or not Arrow and Flash will be tied into the Justice League movie, but beyond that, my expectations are low. 

Won't the Arrow Comic Con panel be posted online?  I figure that if nobody can report back on all of the juicy stuff that goes down, we should be able to watch it online to see people's body language, facial expressions, attitudes, etc.

• Love 1
(edited)

@scarynikki12, I second @quarks comments - if you adore Orphan Black, prioritise that.

I'm sure there will be plenty of tweeting and snarking from the Arrow panel so those of us unable to attend wil not be deprived :)

I've just discovered that I have to choose between two panels I want to attend at San Antonio Wizard World, so I feel your pain.

Edited by pootlus
  • Love 1

I just noticed from that linked Variety article that Arrow cast members might also appear on July 26th at the following panel:

WBTV/DC Entertainment Saturday Night (8 p.m., Hall H) Pilot screenings of “Gotham” and ‘The Flash” will debut alongside exclusive video presentations of “Constantine” and returning hit “Arrow.”  Cast members and producers from all four shows will make appearances throughout the event, which runs until 11 p.m.

That's one I already know I won't attend because I've already made plans with my friends to have non-Con related shenanigans that night.  I've been thinking about it more and I think I'll try for autograph sessions first (their booths are close in the exhibit hall so it'd be way easier to pull off) and then see how the panels work out if I can't pull that off.  Last year I did get to do the Veronica Mars and Nikita autograph sessions and that was mere hours after the nasty ankle sprain I decided I needed (since the Con isn't challenging enough when you're 100% healthy), so it's possible all of this will work out.  

You're right about youtube showing the panels, but there's something about being there in person.

(edited)

@scarynikki12, I hope you have a great time no matter where you end up.  If I was in your shoes, I'd pick the OB panel because I think there are plenty of other people going to the Arrow panel that will be looking for the same things you are.  And will be posting here, twitter and tumblr as soon as they can.  It's not the same as being there, I realize.  But I think you're likely to find quicker uploaded gems from the Arrow panel than if you went to Arrow and waited for others to report on OB.

But that's what I would do. Enjoy, regardless of what you choose!

And I hope you stay injury free.

Edited by writersblock51
  • Love 2

@scarynikki12 If it were me I'd go to the Orphan Black panel, only because Tatiana Maslany is my idol and Arrow's been pissing me off. 

I'm jealous that you're going so which ever one you choose just let us know how it was. 

• Love 3

@scarynikki12, do you know anyone who is going to the Arrow panel and can ask a question for you?

If you love both shows equally, I'd go with OB because there may be fewer people attending and you'd have a better chance to sit closer or get to ask a question.  The Arrow panel audience will probably be huge.

(edited)

The TV Guide Fan Favorites and Women Who Kick Ass panels are both scheduled for Saturday, 7/26.  The official SDCC website doesn't provide complete panel lists so it's unknown yet whether anyone from Arrow will participate in either panel.

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/saturday

12:00pm
TV Guide Magazine: Fan Favorites
TV Guide magazine returns to San Diego for its annual all-star panel. Moderated by senior writer Damian Holbrook, Fan Favorites brings together stars from TV's hottest shows for a lively discussion filled with behind-the-scenes scoop. Panelists (subject to change) include Misha Collins (Supernatural), Sam Heughan (Outlander), Colin O'Donoghue (Once Upon a Time), Aisha Tyler (Archer), and others.
Saturday July 26, 2014 12:00pm - 12:45pm

4:10pm
Entertainment Weekly: Women Who Kick Ass
A discussion among Maisie Williams (Game of Thrones), Katey Sagal (Sons of Anarchy), Tatiana Maslany (Orphan Black), Natalie Dormer (Game of Thrones), and other fierce, fearless, and flat-out fantastic female actors who open up about the power and privilege of playing women who redefine the rules and refuse to yield.
Saturday July 26, 2014 4:10pm - 5:10pm

Edited by tv echo

There will be a special panel with John Barrowman on Saturday:

4:00pm

Anything Goes with John Barrowman
Fan favorite John Barrowman (Doctor Who, Torchwood, Arrow, Sing Your Face Off) discusses his past, present and future projects, from Captain Jack Harkness to Malcolm Merlyn.

Saturday July 26, 2014 4:00pm - 5:00pm
Indigo Ballroom, Hilton San Diego Bayfront

• Love 1

I found myself tuning into the ninja warrior show to see people do the salmon ladder and stayed for the stuff people pull off - just is amazing. She made it look easy but when I was watching I seriously was doubting if any of the actors or stunt people on this show could finish a course.

Kacy Catanzaro is my new hero. What she did was amazing, the upper body strength she has is incredible. She did better than most of the guys including her boyfriend who is also her trainer. It also makes me feel better when I see short people like her and Caity Lotz doing things people think we can't. 

• Love 3

Stephen Amell's going to be at NYCC and the news spread quickly - we have tickets for Sat and then my husband & son will be there on Sun as well.  So hopefully we'll get to see him and whoever else from Arrow will be with him.  Obviously, we're hoping for EBR and DR, too.  Pretty much anyone else as well but if KC skips, I'd be fine with that.

Hearing rumors among comments from his announcement that some folks from Flash will be showing up as well.  Nothing official. 

Was doing some of those kick-ups I saw on KC's instagram today, where you put your elbows on the floor and balancing on them and your knees you kick back left (for ten) then right for ten for however many reps. They're so simple but I've never really done them before and was not prepared for how quickly they become painful. Owsies.

Katie Cassidy will also be at Dragoncon Atlanta (August 29 - September 1)

I don't know about anybody else, but I would love to be present for a joined KC/CL panel. I would imagine the atmosphere could get a little bit awkward if certain questions pop up (e.g. the BC question or if someone asks them what they think of the Laurel/Oliver/Sara stuff).

Usually Dragon Con puts actors of the same show together (Buffy, BSG, TVD) so why not for Arrow?

I don't think anyone's questioning WHY they're at the same con and/or on the same panel, just commenting on how interesting it will be to see the two of them on a stage together when there's bound to be (potentially awkward) BC questions asked.

LOL, Stephen and Zachary on the same panel? Maybe they'll bond over Brandon Routh showing up as a romantic rival for the affections of their blonde love interests.

• Love 7

LOL, Stephen and Zachary on the same panel? Maybe they'll bond over Brandon Routh showing up as a romantic rival for the affections of their blonde love interests.

LOL that would be hilarious. I would want to see video of that. Zachary Levi really is one of my favorite actors.

(edited)

I love ZL's NerdHQ! It's better than the comic con panels. They are a lot more intimate and the actors seem much more relaxed.

Katrina Law and Kelly Hu are confirmed for SDCC.

For Arrow? Or other projects? 

Edited by Sakura12