Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Anyone know if the DC thing tonight is going to be streamed or liveblogged anywhere?

Daniel Fienberg may liveblog as he told me earlier. (That's not a joke by the way) HitfixDaniel on twitter is where you could find the hypothetical link. 

That interview was, um.. painful. No fun, no chemistry. KC gave "the amount of ass" as an answer for what she likes about her character and has she applied it to her real life. She also had to keep turning to Guggenheim for answers about Laurel. Starting to understand why she doesn't allow recording of her cons.

Stephen said they were going to have another Trailer tonight that will have different scenes then what was in the trailer during the arrow panel.

• Love 1

One last thing about not showing up at the last minute to panels. Real life does get in the way but anything like illness or family emergency would result in that person or persons from attending the next day as well and we know Katie and Emily are both in San Diego right now. That's why I think that filming schedules are a poor excuse a lot (not all) of the time. Plus the announcement coming last minute when we've known the panel's date and time for weeks (and the show even longer). It was handled so badly that it leads to speculation as to why.

Moving on the signing was fun. I couldn't get a good shot of Barrowman to save my life but I got the others and told him how excited I was to meet him. No Katie, Caity or Emily, but we knew that already. I thanked Marc G for bringing Sara back and said how much I love her. He said he did too and I believe him (I just think he loves Laurel more which is why I'm still concerned about the Canary story). Blackthorne said it was unlikely Det Lance will go under cover with his real accent but seemed enthused at the idea.

• Love 2

Blackthorne said it was unlikely Det Lance will go under cover with his real accent but seemed enthused at the idea.

That would be hilarious - mostly for seeing a Brit putting on an American accent trying to put on a British accent (although didn't Hugh Laurie do this on House or am I hallucinating?).

• Love 1

Men WB truly does love Emily 

Warner Bros. TV ‏@warnerbrostv  2m
Oh my! Now we REALLY can't wait for the DC panel! #wbsdcc RT @mguggenheim "That's my boob." -@EmilyBett at every #Arrow photo session so far

That interview was, um.. painful. No fun, no chemistry. KC gave "the amount of ass" as an answer for what she likes about her character and has she applied it to her real life. She also had to keep turning to Guggenheim for answers about Laurel. Starting to understand why she doesn't allow recording of her cons.

I think she wasn't listening properly and was saying what she likes about Oliver's character but yikes... totally awkward there for a second lol. Stephen looked taken aback. I guess it was a joke that fell flat. I'm thinking she should never joke about that again because with the Laurel/Sara thing, it's a weird answer. Funny enough, he and Caity got a direct question at Denver Con about the bouncing from Laurel to Sara and handled it much better. I'm not hating on KC, but she doesn't sound sure of her character in 90% of interviews I've seen her give, and it's very off putting.

• Love 3

Numerous actors and actresses defer to the producers on what they're allowed to say (as usually it's not very much). 

They do, although they really shouldn't need to for a light and fluffy interview like that. It was basic where is your character going question. Something the EPs should have told her what to tease for Laurel well before hand. I didn't see it as deferring, to me it looked like she didn't know what to say. That could completely be my belief that she doesn't understand her character.  Lots of ways to read it. ;)

I think she wasn't listening properly and was saying what she likes about Oliver's character

Stephen did say to her the question was what it was about Oliver that she admired.  They were kind of all talking at once and I think she just went with what she heard him say.  Agree it was awkward.

That would be hilarious - mostly for seeing a Brit putting on an American accent trying to put on a British accent (although didn't Hugh Laurie do this on House or am I hallucinating?).

Aww, that would totally be worth watching.

Stephen did say to her the question was what it was about Oliver that she admired.  They were kind of all talking at once and I think she just went with what she heard him say.  Agree it was awkward.

Also probably wasn't a question she expected to answer. 

(edited)

Is it just me or does KC not look that happy? 

Maybe CH as well.  The rest of the cast look genuinely pleased to be there. 

Edited by BkWurm1
(edited)
Neither Jared nor Jensen are that smooth.

He's looking at his BFF Jared. And Jared seems to have pretty great skin and nearly no wrinkles.  Jensen has those wonderful crinkley eyes now.  It's not a ton of airbrushing. I wish they wouldn't airbrush it all because gods those boys are gorgeous just as is.

Is it just me or does KC not look that happy?

How could anyone ever tell what emotion she has? Seriously. 

Colton seems pretty happy to me.  Maybe he's just tired.

Edited by catrox14

How could anyone ever tell what emotion she has? Seriously.

Colton seems pretty happy to me.  Maybe he's just tired.

I only included Colton after I copied the pic and zoomed in to see if I was imagining things with KC.  He has a slight distracted look but when I look at KC, she looks irritated to me which if that is her normal smile explains an awful lot.  lol

Paul Blackthorne looks hilarious in that silly picture posted up a ways.  Why does Benedict Cumberbatch look so short standing next to Stephen Amell?  I always had the impression that he was a tall guy...must be sitting down or something.

I know they said a couple of times that Sara/CL would only be recurring next season, but they sure do trot her out a lot for a guest star. I'm trying to think of past cons, but that seems rather unusual to me and it makes me wonder if there isn't a tiny chance for a surprise series regular announcement after all.

• Love 2

David's arms are...a work of art.

Yes, I am shallow - why did you ask?

To quote one of my favorite Buffy lines, "Those are good arms to have!" 

I'm so jealous of all the people at SDCC. I was only a casual Arrow watcher until I saw Stephen at the Sci Fi Expo in Dallas this past February. He was so charming and so genuinely nice to all the people in his autograph line, taking time to chat with each of them and generally just being awesome. And he was even more awesome in his panel that afternoon. He earned a fan for life that day, and as soon as got back home after the weekend, I marathoned both seasons in 3 days.

I can't imagine how much more awesome it would be to see him along with the rest of the cast too. Maybe next year . . .

• Love 2
(edited)

Did Barrowman show up in a lot of the season 2 Arrow interviews last years?

No, just the surprise guest at the Arrow panel.

Closest I can think of is the year Jared/Jensen didn't go to comic con. They had Misha and Jim Beaver handle all the interviews. They were recurring characters (at the time). However, SPN has a much smaller cast so it makes sense.

Last year Mark Sheppard and Felicia Day were at the SPN panel neither were regulars but, only Mark did press. He's also a series regular now.

Edited by Morrigan2575

Just watched the entire panel. How much that crowd clearly loves EBR and Felicity, it really warms my heart. And so glad she got to answer a fan question, especially after hearing about how disappointed fans were that she missed the Arrow panel.

• Love 5

Arrow Cast Interview - Roy Harper, Felicity Smoak, and Thea Queen - Comic Con 2014

Arrow Cast Interview - Black Canary, John Diggle, and Detective Lance - Comic Con 2014