Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, bijoux said:

She is really very likeable. Those are very fun answers that manage to paint a vivid picture. I just wish she got better at acting.

I think she was at her best in the most recent episode.  I bought it.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Chaser said:

Manu-Child is still at it.

I think someone is a little upset at all praise JS/Prometheus is getting...

Ding Ding Ding we have a winner.

The fact is had he not been such an ass my theory is that this arch was maybe suppose to be Slade coming back for one final battle to wrap Olivers five year arch up. But he was an ass and now they hired Josh to be Slade 2.0.

Edited by LeighAn
  • Love 16
23 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Ding Ding Ding we have a winner.

The fact is had he not been such an ass my theory is that this arch was maybe suppose to be Slade coming back for one final battle to wrap Olivers five year arch up. But he was an ass and now they hired Josh to be Slade 2.0.

That was exactly what I've been thinking.  

Just now, BkWurm1 said:

That was exactly what I've been thinking.  

Yep. His last scene with Oliver was asking him how many people he has to lose before he ceases to be Oliver Queen plus a threat on Felicity. And Prometheus plan is all about breaking Oliver down and taking him away from everyone he cares about. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, LeighAn said:

Yep. His last scene with Oliver was asking him how many people he has to lose before he ceases to be Oliver Queen plus a threat on Felicity. And Prometheus plan is all about breaking Oliver down and taking him away from everyone he cares about. 

You know I really can't remember when but, I swear we've heard that 'how many more people can you lose line' before. Was that a Pommy thing or another villain. I have weird images of Darhk or Ra's saying the same crap. Maybe they're all blending together?

Edited by Morrigan2575

6 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

You know I really can't remember when but, I swear we've heard that 'how many more people can you lose line' before. Was that a Pommy thing or another villain. I have weird images of Darhk or Ra's saying the same crap. Maybe they're all blending together?

tumblr_nk12gg1jv01s2prmyo5_250.gif

It was Slade in 314 The Return. Chase is there because Manu blew it. And this is why I'm sticking to the theory that Oliver (sadly) won't actually kill Chase because they'll want to bring him back from time to time like they obviously wanted to do with Slade. Due to circumstances, however, they only ended ep with a stuntman in the Deathstroke suit. 

• Love 5

I think it actually is follow through in that it was supposed to be Slade as the villain this year in their original plans. See also Chase stealing Felicity's glasses. Slade referenced her as the girl with glasses in that same scene.

• Love 14

I wouldn't be surprised if they had parts like the glasses scene imagined years ago.  Like shoehorning in BMD in for Olicity when it would have made more sense for Laurel and Oliver had they gotten together.  In this case though the switch up still works well enough.  

• Love 4

I really don't buy this is all because Slade was beaten by a girl. There is some serious bad blood with the show that he will not let go.

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 13

Is Manu Boohoo okay? Seems like he has some issues with bitterness. Should probably get that checked out.

Well from behind no one is going to mistake her for Felicity.

i also wonder if it's fried from constantly being forced to lay flat and sleek.

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2

I have curly hair and mine looks a bit like that when I brush it out before I wash my hair, haha. Lots of volume and fluffy. It'd be better if she grew it out; the weight of the hair would settle it a bit.

Seriously, what is up with Manu Bennett? The guy's a wackadoo. Although now I'm wondering if SA's response showed there was some beef between the two that lead to him not coming back. I agree it feels like there has to be more than Slade getting beat up by Thea one time. 

Some very interesting speculation there about Slade originally being Prometheus before Manu lost his mind. It fits. 

• Love 3
On 3/23/2017 at 2:23 AM, Morrigan2575 said:

Pretty sure Slade said it in the Argus Island prison. It's definitely been said before. For evidence that Prometheus inspiration is more connected to Slade and replicating him than anything else.

Thanks @bijoux for confirming it!

Edited by kismet
Thx, advantageous to read thru thread before responding.
  • Love 2

Not a huge fan of how EBR styles her hair, but I do see that a lot of it might just be convenience with the whole daily fight with her curls/waves. It has a significant amount of volume, which hopefully is natural. I can't get behind someone intentionally putting that much volume into their hair. It does seem natural. And I do wonder how much of it is because it's fried from her sleek time on Arrow. I really wish they would embrace and tame her curly in other ways on the show than just flat-ironing it. I love the sleek, but I also loved some of the more natural curly they had in s1 & early s4.

I do really wish she would grow it out longer. I loved s2 length, it doesn't need to be there. But a few more inches might help it. S1 had a good length. I sometimes wonder if she keeps it shorter to make her look older.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Belinea said:

Maybe it is just me but he looks like he is wearing make-up in the picture... Also the dog is a cutie.

He probably is. I think that was taken on a movie set. I can't remember the name of it but SA said that he was so bad in it that another actor had to dub his voice, haha. 

• Love 1

I think it was from Closing the Ring. Which I found to be a sweet but predictable wartime love story. The old generation actors were very good in it. SA, ah not so much.

Just wondering if the reason EBR is not doing any press for the show is because of all the death threats etc. she received from all her notfans? Maybe TPTB came to the conclusion that they need to keep her safe so that she'll stay on the show and because they care?

58 minutes ago, BunsenBurner said:

Just wondering if the reason EBR is not doing any press for the show is because of all the death threats etc. she received from all her notfans? Maybe TPTB came to the conclusion that they need to keep her safe so that she'll stay on the show and because they care?

Yeah, i said the same thing about awhile back when she wasn't announced for Paleyfest.

• Love 1

Usually that's what happens.

I think it's probably just the staff taking pictures with all the different actors they meet.  Not actually part of the process.  The checks in this one is because their twitter account was just verified. If Emily hadn't come in they would have done it anyway.

Edited by Sunshine
  • Love 1

Only some nonspoilery portions transcribed below (warning: other parts of video are spoilery)...

HHVF 2017 / STEPHEN AMELL IN CHICAGO TALKING TO FANS ARROW

-- SA talked about how live ratings "are such a small representation of the show... Arrow's not going anywhere. It's not going anywhere."

-- SA also talked about the difference between critical and fan response and viewership: "If you were to have people rank from a critical perspective our five seasons, the order would probably go 2, 5, 1, 3, 4, from best to worst, in terms of the way that people look at the show. If you were to, uh, look at our show, based on live viewing on Nielsen, the highest rated season was Season 4 - you'd go 4, 3, 1, 5, 2 - or 2, 5. It's weird, right? So, um, yeah, we shouldn't worry about that."

-- SA said that Josh Segarra was "super intense." When JS shoved his head into the water, it didn't feel good, and when his head was yanked back out, it didn't feel any better. 

-- SA: "The show is only as good as its villain - for a superhero show, right?" He also talked about how he lunged at JS and fell on his face because he was bound.

Edited by tv echo
6 minutes ago, tv echo said:

-- SA talked about how live ratings "are such a small representation of the show... Arrow's not going anywhere. It's not going anywhere."

If this is true, it seems like a crappy reason to withhold soda from the cast and crew, MG!

• Love 12