Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Zalyn

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, lemotomato said:

SA is the only person from Arrow that went to the party (or at least the only one from Arrow that walked the red carpet). 

Props to Stephen for not pushing himself front and centre into the group pics or the cake cutting like certain other thirsty desperados like everyone of the Flash cast, Caity Lotz and Katrina Law. I suspected the Arrow cast would have more class. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

Props to Stephen for not pushing himself front and centre into the group pics or the cake cutting like certain other thirsty desperados like everyone of the Flash cast, Caity Lotz and Katrina Law. I suspected the Arrow cast would have more class. 

Well i dont think i saw a group cast photo on the red carpet at all. At least from the pics posted by journalist. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Omg that Aisha Tyler woman has lost her mind. 

Someone commented on the Ophie photo saying it was nice to see Emily away from the jar (not a comment I'd make myself but it was reasonably tame) and then Aisha WENT OFF at the person culminating in a speech about how she (Aisha) is super successful blah blah blah.

Totally lost her marbles that one. Such a weird thing to have the crazies over. 

I don't get the insane sensitivity everytime someone suggests that Emily ditched them. Ok maybe it's not the nicest thing to say but it's from a random person on the internet.

And why is she reading through comments from Emily fans? The only reason I saw it was because I left a comment about how cute EBR and Ophie are and Aisha's meltdown popped up to the top of the box. 

Share this post


Link to post

I think AT is a loser for spending time in anyone's IG comment section arguing with fans (she does it with SA, too, apparently) but that original comment was unnecessary. Some of the stuff people post gives me major secondhand embarrassment. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Maybe she interprets the Jar as herself? There are/were rumours on les/bi sites they were dating. No idea if that has any truth to it. It also seems clear EBR has not ditched the Jar at least as much had been speculated. Still shouldn't bother her though. And yeah some fans are just as bad.

Edited by Featherhat

Share this post


Link to post

People are assholes online. That whole group is always doing something fun - they get to vacation and party way more than your average person. I cannot imagine giving two shits about what anonymous Insta commenters were saying about me and my friends to the point of trolling my friends' insta comments to pick fights with them. I find the acknowledgment of the crappy things people say about them so strange - it's never going to stop people from thinking what they want to think, or from being assholes, and all it does is draw attention to whatever it was they wrote (which they will likely write again!).

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post

Omg I just read her comment. She actually brought up how she was on Maxims hot list and People Choice most beautiful list. What a freakening loser. Seriously she's emabarrassing. 

 

If shes so secure in her own awesomeness why even reply to some anonymous trolling comment. It's like bloody Stephen calling someone a fucking loser cause they said his wife's coat looked like a bathrobe. They are a bunch of insecure immature sensitive babies who obviously don't know how to  use an ignore button. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

Omg I just read her comment. She actually brought up how she was on Maxims hot list and People Choice most beautiful list. What a freakening loser. Seriously she's emabarrassing. 

 

If shes so secure in her own awesomeness why even reply to some anonymous trolling comment. It's like bloody Stephen calling someone a fucking loser cause they said his wife's coat looked like a bathrobe. They are a bunch of insecure immature sensitive babies who obviously don't know how to  use an ignore button. 

Oooh where??? Was it about the hooker coat or another one?

Is it a common thing these days for celebs to fight with people on the internet or just these lower grade celebs? Cuz I can't imagine someone like say Anne Hathaway logging on to yell at people.

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

It's like bloody Stephen calling someone a fucking loser cause they said his wife's coat looked like a bathrobe.

I'd love to know his thought process when he decides which comments to respond to - like, there were some legitimately nasty comments about his wife and the two of them on that post, but he responded to the one commenting on her coat (which did look like a bathrobe, LOL). 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Oooh where??? Was it about the hooker coat or another one?

Is it a common thing these days for celebs to fight with people on the internet or just these lower grade celebs? Cuz I can't imagine someone like say Anne Hathaway logging on to yell at people.

The hooker, or the Cruella Devil, coat. Correct. It was on a post of the two of them and her wearing it and the comment was basically along the lines of: "I don't get LA folk fashion. That coat looks like a bathrobe". 

 

The amusing thing was a few comments before or after that comment someone implied that he abandons his daughter and prefers partying and drinking to spending time with her which you think would be the kind of comment that if you are going to respond and get riled up over that's the one that is more legitimate but instead he was all "oh no not the ensemble" ( little Buffy reference).

 

I think most legitimate celebrities or A listers, have their PR people or their assistants handle the bulk of their social media and probably don't even read the comments. And certainly don't go on to other people's pages to see if people are making mean comments about them. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks @Mary0360

Hehe I just went to have a look cuz I'm nosy.

Yiiikes! 16 yr old ice skaters who get crucified after tournaments for whatever reasons (even though they try their best and their life is blood, sweat and tears) handle trolls on the internet with a hell of a lot more grace than these wackos! 

***

I am really curious though as to who takes these kissy photos of celebs when they are not on the red carpet. On the red carpet there are obviously photographers but do SA and wife have a minion running around to take a pic of them? Or like a super selfie stick? Or they got their kid to do it? 

I get my kid to take pics of us but this looks pretty good for a kid pic! 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Thanks 

 

I am really curious though as to who takes these kissy photos of celebs when they are not on the red carpet. On the red carpet there are obviously photographers but do SA and wife have a minion running around to take a pic of them? Or like a super selfie stick? Or they got their kid to do it? 

I get my kid to take pics of us but this looks pretty good for a kid pic! 

I'm going to assume that SA has reached a level of fame and money that he probably has a personal assistant so maybe they took the photo 🤷‍♀️ Either that or they were with a friend. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

On the red carpet there are obviously photographers but do SA and wife have a minion running around to take a pic of them? Or like a super selfie stick? Or they got their kid to do it? 

I think maybe their nanny does it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I think maybe their nanny does it.

"Stop watching Mavi. We need you to help us take a instagram worthy photo".

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

I'd love to know his thought process when he decides which comments to respond to - like, there were some legitimately nasty comments about his wife and the two of them on that post, but he responded to the one commenting on her coat (which did look like a bathrobe, LOL). 

That's what kills me - his wife doesn't even OWN that coat.  How does one get that twisted about a stylist decision??

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Kymmi said:

That's what kills me - his wife doesn't even OWN that coat.  How does one get that twisted about a stylist decision??

A stylist dressed her?

Should be fired whoever it was!!!!! It looked awful and tacky compared to everyone else. GG's finance looked really pretty. So did Candice P.

Share this post


Link to post

DN was at Vienna Comic Con this past weekend...

Interview with David Nykl @VIECC Vienna Comic Con 2018 [HD]
Published on Nov 19, 2018, by nerdkeller.eu

-- DN thought that, in this "superhero era" of entertainment, the "good versus evil" metaphor has been overdone. He then said that "the ones that excel, or the ones that work best, sort of take that metaphor to the next level, and again I'm going to go back to the idea of character that I was talking about with Stargate." DN: "I think that's what's important." He also said that Marvel "has figured that out... humor and character" and that "here in the DC Arrowverse, it's also very much character-based." 

-- DN: "The decisions are all character-based. Would Oliver do that? ... And that's kind of the part that appeals to me... For example, the friendship that Anatoly has with Oliver. I mean, he's a Russian gangster and he's a vigilante superhero. Not two people you would assume would be friends, right, necessarily? But in the human world, that is completely possible, that people like that from different worlds can be friends."

-- DN: "It's also a very important, um, role model in terms of who can be a superhero. This is what's been developing more and more, as more voices and more diversity comes out. That the metaphor of we overcoming evil plays itself out in that. So it's pretty cool."

-- DN: "If I'm on a horse, it's a cowboy movie. If I'm in space, it's sci-fi. If there's lots of stunts going on, it's Arrow." 

-- DN said that he picks his projects based on character, not on genre.

-- DN is currently filming an HBO mini-series called Oblivious in Prague. It's a six-part series about spies in 1989 just before the Berlin Wall comes down. 

-- DN will also be working on an Amazon series called Carnival Row. He just went for his wardrobe fitting and will be filming in two weeks. He described it as "gas-lit, neo-Victorian... steampunk version." He said that Orlando Bloom is in it.

-- DN said that he would love to work with Viggo Mortensen and Johnny Depp.

-- DN said that he chose to be an actor because he wanted to be a different person every day. He said that he started in theatre and would love to work in theatre again; however, it's a big time commitment.

-- DN said that he was in Vienna before on his honeymoon.

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

I think maybe their nanny does it.

Imaging being out with your child and having someone else take care of the child while you are right there.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Belinea said:

Imaging being out with your child and having someone else take care of the child while you are right there.

Seeing as Cassandra doesn't work, I honestly don't see what their excuse or reasoning is in having a nanny at all. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Mary0360 said:

Seeing as Cassandra doesn't work, I honestly don't see what their excuse or reasoning is in having a nanny at all. 

She has 3....

Main one, plus a spare in LA and a spare in Van.

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, sadfangirl said:

She has 3....

Main one, plus a spare in LA and a spare in Van.

This reminds of a quote from one of my guilty pleasure books The Nanny Diaries:

Basically, there's three types of nanny gigs. Okay, type A, you provide "couple time" a few nights a week for women who work all day and parent at night. Type B, you provide "sanity time," every afternoon to a woman who mothers in the mornings and the evenings. And type C, the most common, you provide 24-hour "me time" to the woman who neither works nor mothers and what she does all day is a mystery to all. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Heh, I think we had a type B nanny for a few years when I was a kid (4 under 4s yo!). I guess it's easier emotionally speaking for him to lash out at someone snarking on his wife's coat then it is to deal with someone calling you a bad parent. Given their love of partying over multiple days a full time nanny was probably a wise parenting decision for them. 

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

Heh, I think we had a type B nanny for a few years when I was a kid (4 under 4s yo!). I guess it's easier emotionally speaking for him to lash out at someone snarking on his wife's coat then it is to deal with someone calling you a bad parent. Given their love of partying over multiple days a full time nanny was probably a wise parenting decision for them. 

Whoa! Your mum is a champ!

I wonder what they tell Mavi when they are out getting drunk and does she protest at being left by them. What does she think they get up to. Mummy me is fascinated by all of this.

My kid even when he was only 3 would yell at his dad over the phone and call him a bad daddy (he's a demanding child) whenever Hubs had work drinks (like 5 times a year) and couldn't make it home to tuck him in.

Edited by Mellowyellow

Share this post


Link to post

Kids usually view their personal life experience as normal since they don’t really know differently. Anecdotally, I’ve had a friend elementary school whose home life was less than ideal. She told me a few years back how she didn’t even think it was out of the norm until I commented how I didn’t think those circumstances weren’t normal when we were about 12 or 13. 20 or so years later, I completely forgot about saying anything, but she didn’t.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Mary0360 said:

This reminds of a quote from one of my guilty pleasure books The Nanny Diaries:

Basically, there's three types of nanny gigs. Okay, type A, you provide "couple time" a few nights a week for women who work all day and parent at night. Type B, you provide "sanity time," every afternoon to a woman who mothers in the mornings and the evenings. And type C, the most common, you provide 24-hour "me time" to the woman who neither works nor mothers and what she does all day is a mystery to all. 

p.s. She advertised for an assistant about a year ago as well....

Because I suppose those nanny schedules don't write themselves...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

CW All-Stars, Round 2: Which Actors Have Appeared on the Most Shows?  Majority of them have appeared on Arrow. 

image.png.2dc6631b5e063f7ba8dcf41618fa7932.png

Quote

KATIE CASSIDY (7 shows)

Which brings us to Cassidy, the (mostly) undisputed queen of The CW. In addition to three DC series — Arrow, The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow — she also held down huge roles on Melrose Place, Gossip Girl and Supernatural.

(And, yes, we’re counting her episode of Whose Line Is It Anyway?)

image.png.e9b430534c70391e0f78a6ed02c79306.png

Quote

STEPHEN AMELL (6 shows)

Amell kept his look simple during his early CW days, when he snagged guest spots on 90210 and The Vampire Diaries. Then came Arrow, The Flash, Supergirland DC’s Legends of Tomorrow — and things got real hairy.

https://tvline.com/2018/11/23/the-cw-most-used-actors-brett-dier-photos/

Share this post


Link to post

I'm too busy laughing at "Black Canary 3.5." I honestly don't know if he means 3.5 pertaining to the costume/design or BC herself.  

If it's latter, does that make Zoe Black Canary 4? Black Canary 3.75? At this point, they should just go all in the ridiculousness that is BC on Arrow and make one of them Black Canary Pi, to, say, the 15th digit.

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post

You'd think Tonya Kong would've learned by now not to tweet media reviews, but here she is doing it again - it's interesting to see what and who she tweets, because a pattern is certainly emerging that hints at her personal biases...

FYI: The writer of this article, Michael Patterson, is the author of past articles such as this Sep. 4, 2018 article, in which he stated that Arrow's ratings never recovered after killing off "iconic Green Arrow character Black Canary" and that the OTA characters are all hypocrites who have "gone as far as they can go," and this Jun. 20, 2018 article, in which he wrote that Felicity "had become sanctimonious and judgmental" by S4 and also criticized making original characters like Felicity, as Oliver's love interest, and Sara, as debuting the Canary mantle, "seem more important than the actual integral Green Arrow characters" like Laurel/Black Canary, He again stated, as if fact, that the show's ratings "plummeted after Laurel's death" and that "the mere mention of the word 'Olicity' is enough to make sure that some fans will never return to the show."

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I'm too busy laughing at "Black Canary 3.5." I honestly don't know if he means 3.5 pertaining to the costume/design or BC herself.  

If it's latter, does that make Zoe Black Canary 4? Black Canary 3.75? At this point, they should just go all in the ridiculousness that is BC on Arrow and make one of them Black Canary Pi, to, say, the 15th digit.

They consider DD as #3 so since this isn't a completely new outfit its 3.5.

6 minutes ago, tv echo said:

You'd think Tonya Kong would've learned by now not to tweet media reviews, but here she is doing it again - it's interesting to see what and who she tweets, because a pattern is certainly emerging that hints at her personal biases...

FYI: The writer of this article, Michael Patterson, is the author of past articles such as this one, in which he stated that Arrow's ratings never recovered after killing off "iconic Green Arrow character Black Canary" and that the OTA characters are all hypocrites who have "gone as far as they can go," and this one, in which he wrote that Felicity "had become sanctimonious and judgmental" by S4 and also criticized making original characters like Felicity, as Oliver's love interest, and Sara, as debuting the Canary mantle, "seem more important than the actual integral Green Arrow characters" like Laurel/Black Canary, He again stated, as if fact, that the show's ratings "plummeted after Laurel's death" and that "the mere mention of the word 'Olicity' is enough to make sure that some fans will never return to the show."

This review doesn't bash any of the characters so why shouldn't she retweet it and be proud of someone liking her work? There's no reason to expect her to know what's he's said in the past.

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, tv echo said:

You'd think Tonya Kong would've learned by now not to tweet media reviews, but here she is doing it again - it's interesting to see what and who she tweets, because a pattern is certainly emerging that hints at her personal biases...

I think she's made her personal biases very clear in her own tweets. At least this review doesn't say that the entire fandom's been wanting Felicity dead for years, so I guess it's a step up from the last trash she retweeted!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I don't follow any of the writers other than Beth. Are the others so self-congratulatory about their episodes? I feel like if Tonya spent less time looking for/reading/retweeting reviews praising her episodes, maybe she’d have time to write her fave Laurel the Lawyer in ways that are even minimally plausible and accurate. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Tonya is so incredibly self-congratulatory it's embarrassing. She just ignores all the problems many other fans/critics are having with the characters/episodes to pat herself on the back. Makes me cringe.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Television Critics Association (TCA) Winter 2019 Press Tour
http://tvcritics.org/press-tour-schedule-overview/

Quote

Here is a working overview of the Winter 2019 Press Tour Schedule….

*TENTATIVE. ALL DATES SUBJECT TO CHANGE*

January 29 – NBC Universal
January 30 – CBS
January 31 – The CW/Showtime
February 1 – PBS
February 2 – PBS
February 3 – TCA Business Meeting/Super Bowl
February 4 – FX
February 5 – Disney-ABC
February 6 – Fox
February 7 – TCA Studio Day
February 8 – CTAM
February 9 – CTAM
February 10 – CTAM
February 11 – CTAM
February 12 – CTAM
February 13 – CTAM

Edited by tv echo

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/24/2018 at 1:54 PM, Angel12d said:

Tonya is so incredibly self-congratulatory it's embarrassing. She just ignores all the problems many other fans/critics are having with the characters/episodes to pat herself on the back. Makes me cringe.

She totally tacked BS to Felicity's side because of the amount of popularity Felicity has. It's ridiculous all around.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×