Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

That's even worse. Where does the Kid Vicious stuff come from (or am I thinking of someone else)?

Kid Vicious is apparently just what he likes to call himself. I guess his ego is so big he needs a second persona to contain it.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Kid Vicious is apparently just what he likes to call himself. I guess his ego is so big he needs a second persona to contain it.

I believe you hit the nail on the head when you called him an Unhinged Asshole a few posts back. I was looking for a description and I can't go past that one! It's perfect! 

• Love 5

KA excuses sucks to be honest. Many actors and actresses throughout the years have played evil onscreen and they didn't insult a huge fanbases or characters from the same movie/show in order to make their character happen. 

I think Olicity fans actually don't even care about him or Diaz. It is the other group of fans that hate Diaz with a passion and think he made a terrible long-term villain who shouldn't have survived last season. The irony. 

• Love 8

Arrow showrunner Beth Schwartz was part of this EP panel at The CW's Fall Launch Event (co-sponsored by #SeeHer) on Oct. 14...

#SeeHer Executive Producer Panel - Highlights | The CW
Published on Oct 19, 2018, by The CW Television Network

In partnership with #SeeHer and select members AT&T, USAA and Dove Haircare, The CW hosted a Fall 2018 launch event, “Powerful Programming, Powerful Women.” In this panel, the women showrunners and executive producers of The CW’s hit primetime series discuss inclusivity and their experience in the industry.

#SeeHer Executive Producer Panel – Part 1 | The CW

-- EP Beth Schwartz: "I just wanted to add with - in people's writers' rooms, that, yes, diversity is important and it's also extremely important with who the hierarchy in the room. Like, you can't just have inclusion at the bottom level... People who are running the room - similar - you know, we've all seen the same people running the room - and then, those voices still aren't heard. So that was really important to me when I was, um, you know, making up my room. I wanted to make sure I had equal, you know, female and male co-EPs. So it wasn't just one gender."

#SeeHer Executive Producer Panel – Part 2 | The CW

Edited by tv echo

Juliana Harkavy was part of this Shethority panel at The CW's Fall Launch Event (co-sponsored by #SeeHer) on Oct. 14...

#SeeHer Shethority Panel - Highlights | The CW

In partnership with #SeeHer and select members AT&T, USAA and Dove Haircare, The CW hosted a Fall 2018 launch event, “Powerful Programming, Powerful Women.” In this panel, the women of The CW’s superhero series discuss Shethority, the global online collective focused on amplifying women’s voices.

#SeeHer Shethority Panel – Part 1 | The CW

#SeeHer Shethority Panel – Part 2 | The CW

-- JH: "I think something I really want to see more of is - the characters that we play as women, um, I want our characters and our stories to be more complex, to be as unapologetically messy as a man is. Like we - you know, the ability to not be pretty and still be a leading woman. The ability to be angry, uh, and not be told you're a bitch. Um, you know, the ability to be, uh, sad or scared and loud and, you know, not be considered obnoxious. I think these are things that, as women, there's this double standard and we don't always - uh, we're not always allowed to be whole on - you know, on screen and in life. Um, so I just want - I want imperfect - imperfectly perfect characters, uh, where we can - you know, where we're not held back by being beautiful or polite or cute or, you know, any of those things that - not that there's anything wrong with being those things if you are those things - but if you're not, then really, just to be who you are. I hate this thing of, like, a girl should be this or a girl should be that. Be authentic to yourself. I want to see real authenticity. I want to see real women on the screen."

#SeeHer Shethority Panel – Part 3 | The CW

-- JH: "And the dialogue is what's creating the change. Like, we're less afraid because it's being spoken about. I mean, to speak about, um, sexual assaults or, you know, was - felt so scary and big and taboo two years ago. And now I feel quite comfortable sharing my experience and I don't feel any shame. And it's unbelievable how probably every single woman in my life has the exact same experience. Um, and it's incredibly empowering. I do think we're changing slowly, but I - this room is an example of the change. This - what's happening right now is going to create a cultural shift. I truly do believe that. It might be slow, but I do believe it's happening."

Edited by tv echo

SA jumped up to #3 (from #7) on this social media ranking...
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lists/will-smith-regains-no-1-top-actors-social-media-ranking-aladdin-promo-1153740

The Top Actors chart is a ranking of the most popular actors on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and Google Plus, with global data provided by social media analytics company MVPindex. The chart's methodology blends social engagement on the platforms along with weekly additions of followers/subscribers. The latest tracking week ended Oct. 16.
It’s [Will] Smith’s 10th week at No. 1 and third in the last four weeks.

He leads Kevin Hart, who rises 5-2 (his sixth week at No. 2 in the past eight weeks), followed by Stephen Amell, who reaches a new peak of No. 3 after previously climbing as high as No. 7 (Sept. 12).

Edited by tv echo

They are still afraid to say anything really at the seeher shethority panel. Maybe that's why Emily didn't go. Not only would she have eclipsed everyone there (not just saying this because I'm a fan I think it's really true) she wouldn't be scared to actually say what she wants to say.

Video of Manu Bennett panel at Dallas Fan Days on Saturday (Oct. 20)...

-- At the beginning of the panel, MB called up to the stage two fans who were dressed as Green Arrow and Deathstroke. He then taught the audience how to do the "hongi" (traditional Maori greeting by pressing noses and foreheads while breathing at the same time), using the two fans to demonstrate.

-- MB again talked about Slade's redemption after killing Oliver's mother, the influence of mirakuru, and forgiveness.

Manu Bennett Full Panel Dallas Fan Days 2018
Published on Oct 21, 2018, by Kristin Secorsky

Anna Hopkins was part of the "Women of Sci-Fi" panel at Auckland Armageddon on Monday (Oct. 22) (New Zealand is 17 hours ahead of U.S. East Coast) - you can go to this twitter thread to read other comments from this panel...

Next weekend's comic cons (updated, with schedules)...

Alamo City Comic Con, October 26-28, 2018 (San Antonio, TX)
John Barrowman
https://www.alamocitycomiccon.com/celebrities-guests
Panel Schedules
-Sun. (10/28) at 12pm- "Sci Fi Phenom: John Barrowman"

Comic Con Panama, October 26-28, 2018 (Panama City, Panama)
Manu Bennett
https://comicconpanama.com/landing/
Schedule
-Sat. (10/27) at TBA - "Questions and Answers with Manu Bennett"

Edited by tv echo

EBR doing all these interviews! Are we on Earth 2? I love it. Haha.

Seriously though, I'd love to know what went down that made her stop doing interviews during S5. 

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I wonder if it's her new management encouraging her to look beyond Arrow to the next few years and get herself better known out there.

Could be, we don't know how long she's got left on her contract either. That and she's actually got a storyline of her own to talk about. It would be interesting to know if there was a reason why she stopped though. 

• Love 2

What's weirder, Emily? Kissing your best friend or watching yourself kiss your best friend?

So look. Stephen is problematic af, but I'm never going to tire of hearing Emily call him her best friend and vice versa. I've never had an OTP who loved each other off screen as much as they do. Let me have this.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, BkWurm1 said:

Lol, for a moment I forgot she has that other show fandom.  I was impressed she was already going to coms for Arrow.  

She still has a whole half season of Shadowhunters to promote XD. She filmed the finale at the end of August and got the Arrow gig mid-September.

3 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

He wore it.  ?

Is this what EBR gave him? She commented “YES” on his pic. 

Also, it looks like most of the Jar gang (including SA) are now in Portland for EBR’s film, according to AT’s IG story. 

2 hours ago, Trisha said:

Is this what EBR gave him? She commented “YES” on his pic. 

Yep. DqjfnyNW4AAYngW.jpg

Dqj-VTEUUAEVGmF.jpg

And it's nice that they all turned out for Emily's film. ETA: It looks like they were hanging out in LA, and only Emily and Aisha went to Portland.

Edited by KenyaJ

Hope someone posts videos...

Portland Film Festival, October 22-28, 2018 (OR)
Emily Bett Rickards
https://portlandfilmfestival.com/
Schedule (page 11)
-Sat. (10/27) at 2:15pm - Acting: Falling in Love with the Craft (incl. Emily Bett Rickards)*
-Sat. (10/27) at 7:15pm - Funny Story Screening (followed by Q&A with Emily Bett Rickards)
(* I think this is the right panel. It's the Saturday acting panel that best fit the below tweet. There was also a screenwriting/acting panel and an acting agents' panel.)

Edited by tv echo

JB sang the U.S. National Anthem at the Lakers vs Spurs game on Oct. 27 - he did a great job! (He's in San Antonio this weekend for the Alamo City Comic Con)...

John Barrowman sings National Anthem at Lakers vs Spurs Game
Published on Oct 27, 2018, by Carlos Diaz

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Next weekend's comic cons (updated, with schedules)...

Tulsa Pop Culture Expo, November 2-4, 2018 (OK)
Katie Cassidy (also Brandon Routh)
https://www.tulsapopcultureexpo.com/guests/celebrities/
Schedule
-Sun. (11/4) at 1:30pm - Q&A Panel with Katie Cassidy, Brandon Routh and Adam Baldwin

Supanova Adelaide, November 2-4, 2018 (AU)
John Barrowman and Manu Bennett (also Dean Cain)
http://www.supanova.com.au/events/adelaide-2018/guests/
Event Programme (page 32)
-Fri. (11/2) at 7:00pm - Torchwood Panel (incl. John Barrowman)
-Sat. (11/3) at 11:30am - Dean Cain Panel
-Sat. (11/3) at 4:30am - John Barrowman Panel
-Sun. (11/4) at 2:00pm - Manu Bennett Panel
-Sun. (11/4) at 4:00pm - John Barrowman Panel

Edited by tv echo