Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

8 minutes ago, olicityfan25 said:

She totally tacked BS to Felicity's side because of the amount of popularity Felicity has. It's ridiculous all around.

Pairing Felicity with characters they want the audience to like has been an Arrow writer's room tactic since long before Tonya came on board. I doubt it was her idea. 

She's been pretty clear that Laurel/Black Siren is one of her favorites (if not her favorite) to write for, so it's not surprising that she's enjoying the praise. She was probably pretty invested in this redemption arc working out - and it seems to be doing that so far. 

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, olicityfan25 said:

She totally tacked BS to Felicity's side because of the amount of popularity Felicity has. It's ridiculous all around.

It's working though, even better than it did for Ray or Curtis, better than it did for LL1 when they tried it .  Not to mention, look at all the strokes Tonya is getting for it. I have the feeling that LL2 and Felicity re going to be besties as long as they've both on the show. And given how well it is working, my estimation of how long Black Siren is going to be on the show just went up a season, maybe two.

• Love 3

That multilevel fight was a good idea and it had its bright moments, but there were also instances where it was obvious this wasn't ironed out well enough. Wow, so the make up department really gave it their all with Samson and they didn't include his charred corpse in the episode? I feel bad for them.

• Love 2

Next weekend's comic cons (updated, with schedules)...

A Heroes & Villains and Walker Stalker Joint Event: 
Heroes & Villains FanFest-San Jose, December 1-2, 2018 (San Jose, CA)
Stephen Amell (SAT. only), David Ramsey, Colton Haynes and Kirk Acevedo (also Tyler Hoechlin (SUN. only), Caity Lotz, Tom Cavanagh, Candice Patton, Brandon Routh, Courtney Ford, Danielle Panabaker, Victor Garber, Hartley Sawyer, Jes Macallan, and Robbie Amell)
http://heroesfanfest.com/sanjose/guests/

Unfortunately, David Mazouz, Robin Lord Taylor, Katie Cassidy, Alexandra Breckenridge & Josh Segarra will no longer be able to join us in San Jose. ...

Schedule
-Sat. (12/1) at 11:00am - The Flash (DP, CP, HS)
-Sat. (12/1) at 12:30pm - The Green Arrow (SA)
-Sun. (12/2) at 11:00am - Arrow Heroes (DR, CH)
-Sun. (12/2) at 3:30pm - Superman (TH)

Wizard World Madison, November 30-December 2, 2018 (WI)
(Matt Ryan and Dean Cain)
https://wizardworld.com/comiccon/madison
Guest Schedules
-Sat. (12/1) at 2:00pm - Matt Ryan 
-Sat. (12/1) at 4:00pm - Dean Cain 

Edited by tv echo
UPDATED with guest additions to HVFF-San Jose

Hey I'm curious has Arrow ever promoted Olicity with Olicity specific tweets?

Reason I ask is because The Resident is really cute in the way they promote their main couple Connic. All sorts of cute tweets from the Twitter account. It's not even a big shipping show (very much an ensemble imo) but I like that they seem to value their main ship.

5 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Hey I'm curious has Arrow ever promoted Olicity with Olicity specific tweets?

Reason I ask is because The Resident is really cute in the way they promote their main couple Connic. All sorts of cute tweets from the Twitter account. It's not even a big shipping show (very much an ensemble imo) but I like that they seem to value their main ship.

They do occasionally but they seem more action or costume shot focused for the most part when it comes to tweets. I think the WB twitter account is actually better at the Olicity content promoting and the official DC twitter account which I always find ironic since comic fans hate Olicity because comics. 

• Love 1

I doubt Beth would really mind as long as none of the legit entertainment sites picks it up. And even GATV or comicbook.com probably won’t out her because they would worry about future access. Fandom knows but that’s a small group. The general viewership would still be “shocked.”

Stephen Amell was live.
November 29, 2018 
Facebook! I'm back! Here to talk about, well, Facebook, San Jose this weekend, our most recent episode, the crossover and whatever else is on my mind.

-- SA said that he's excited to be at HVFF-San Jose this weekend. He'll be there only on Saturday because he has to be home the next day for his daughter's production of Annie.

-- SA thanked everyone for "all the love" they got for 707. 

-- SA said that he's "extremely excited" for people to see Monday's episode (708-Unmasked), saying: "It's a very fun episode to play... It felt like a reset for me, to say nothing of the fact that I got to shave my beard, which I did immediately after 707. If you haven't seen it, I won't spoil it for you, but directly after the final scene, I went and before I even took the blood off of my face, I shaved. Can't do any pickups. That's my trick. But, uh, yeah! It was nice to get rid of the beard. And this episode coming up is really cool. It, in a lot of ways, is our midseason - well, not midseason finale but winter finale, because the crossover, as always, sort of stands on its own. But please tune in, it's a great episode."

-- SA: "The crossover this year is something that I'm incredibly proud of... They released 8,000 photos for it. And I'm just gonna release one today because it was a secret until they released a bunch of photos and promo mentions. Now I'm just gonna release it because it's amazing. It's me, Grant and Melissa - somewhere. And I think you'll really enjoy it. But the crossover this year was so much fun to film. Between our three fantastic directors, Kevin, James and Jesse, um, the help of Caroline with the whole Batwoman storyline, the addition of Ruby, um, getting to work with my wife for the first time ever for the two of us professionally, and getting to go to Gotham City and Earth-38, and Central City like always. And a spot-on Earth-38, if they release a promo for that, I'm going to freak out, because it's, you know, so cool. And a lot of opportunities were born out of the crossover. A lot of things that certainly have not been spoiled. As much as you guys have seen from the crossover, I promise you really don't know anything. I promise. It's really, really exciting. And, I think, breeds opportunities for some really good friends of mine that I hope they get the chance to pick up and run with. I'm very proud of it. I hope everyone enjoys it. I'll tweet a bunch during it, I think. Yeah, I probably will. I probably will."

-- SA is not watching JB on I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here, because he just doesn't have the time, but he's following JB's instagram feed.

-- On whether Tom Welling and Michael Rosenbaum are going to be in the crossover, SA: "No, they're not going to be in the crossover, but Nocking Point has a collaboration coming with them. We are launching a new monthly wine club that's just going to be two bottles of wine. It's going to be $49 a month, and it is exclusively going to be curated by celebrities. And we thought, what better way to start off than with Michael Rosenbaum and Tom Welling. Tom I've gotten to know a little bit over the past couple of months. I met him for the first time back in March. But Michael I've known for a little bit now because we're both hockey fans and I did his podcast, which, if anyone is not listening to Inside of You with Michael Rosenbaum, he's - I don't know what he does, but it's a little Howard Stern-sy, where he can get you to admit things that you wouldn't otherwise admit, or he'll ask you questions that you wouldn't otherwise anticipate being asked... Long story short, it is not a Smallville reunion, although I think it becomes pretty clear in the promos for the crossover that there are Smallville elements, at least in terms of location. And if you're a fan of Smallville - and I have no idea if they're going to keep this in the final cut - but there is a treat for you in there that, I swear - full disclosure, I have never seen an episode of Smallville before. Sorry, I wasn't that into comic book TV shows when I was growing up. I've since seen a couple, for very obvious reasons. But, um, as someone who wasn't a diehard fan of Smallville, this moment in the crossover made me jump out of my seat. If you're a fan of Smallville, you may want to put down rubber sheets or something like that, because, frankly ,you might piss your pants."

-- On how much training GG needed to look competent to use the bow and if he trained with SA to copy his moves, SA: "He actually trained with who I trained with. He trained with Patricia Gonsalves, and she took him out for a couple of lessons. And, um, I mean, he never even asked me. He's like - he never asked me a single thing. Because he didn't need to. Because she was there. And because our director for the majority in his combat as Arrow, coming in, I think, the Arrow episode - I'm pretty sure that's the case - would've told him. He looked great. The introduction of Grant as Green Arrow is one of the best combat scenes that I've seen on the show this year that didn't happen in episode 707 (because I'm biased). But Grant did really, really well."

-- SA said that they'll have some Code 8 updates soon. He has not been as much a part of the post-production as he was in the promotion and marketing. 

-- Fan: "Is there going to be another villain this season. I know Diaz is a series regular, but that doesn't mean he's the main villain." SA: "That's correct. That is correct."

-- On whether we're going to see more of Stan in the near future, SA: "I love how people call him 'Stan' and not 'Stanley,' my buddy in prison who turned out to be a total sociopath. Uh, look, if he escaped from prison and he's alive, ehhh, probably see him again.

But I'm so glad that people responded so well to Brendan. It was really fun working with him. You know, I was very isolated during that stretch, from people that I'm so used to working with all the time, Emily and David and Rick and Juliana and Echo - I'm going to forget somebody and it's really not on purpose. But I was isolated. And - oh, Katie, I'm sorry, jesus. But I was isolated and that was difficult, so, you know, Brendan and I got a lot of work to do together. And Michael Jai White, who I thought the reaction to in that episode was amazing. Cody. Uh, Vinnie Jones. All the people who made my stay at Slabside a little bit more palatable and the storyline for Stephen a little bit more palatable, I appreciate them. But Brendan was fantastic to work with... A lot of questions about Stanley."

-- On whether he'll ever direct an episode of Arrow, SA: "No." 

-- SA: "David Ramsey just finished directing his first episode... It was wonderful being directed by him. But it also proved to me the reason why I don't want to direct an episode of the show, because he had to be out of the previous episode for prep, he had to be out a little bit the next episode to go cut it, and, um, shooting scenes that he was in but also directing, I wouldn't say it was a quagmire, but it wasn't something that I would enjoy."

-- SA: "I have a semi announcement. It's not finalized. I'm doing another big international con again this year. I'm very excited about. And we're going to be working Code 8 into it, a little bit, which I'm doubly excited about."

-- SA said that he does not have any major movies in the works.

-- SA: "Everyone noticed that Diggle wasn't in the shot at the end of the Arrow episode on 707. Sometimes, in the quick turnarounds of producing these television shows and adding in the special effects and adding in all that stuff, things get missed. It got missed. It'll get fixed. Sorry. What're you going to do? It wasn't the best. It didn't sit well with a lot of people who are really invested in the show - not that people who do the vfx aren't, because they certainly are, and they worked their asses off. But mistakes get made. It's unfortunate it was the last shot of the episode. But shit happens, change your pants. If you stream it in the future, or if you watch it at a later date... I swear to God, Diggle will be standing there. So just imagine him there now."

Edited by tv echo

Last minute additions to the guest list include CL, CF and JM...

A Heroes & Villains and Walker Stalker Joint Event: 
Heroes & Villains FanFest-San Jose, December 1-2, 2018 (San Jose, CA)

Stephen Amell (SAT. only), David Ramsey, Colton Haynes and Kirk Acevedo (also Tyler Hoechlin (SUN. only), Caity Lotz, Tom Cavanagh, Candice Patton, Brandon Routh, Courtney Ford, Danielle Panabaker, Victor Garber, Hartley Sawyer, Jes Macallan, and Robbie Amell)
http://heroesfanfest.com/sanjose/guests/

8 minutes ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

I think if they were going to insist on adding him back in, they should have moved him so it looked less like he just creepily stood there watching his friends making out.

Yeah, he maybe should've been over talking to a guard or something, haha.