Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

That Newsweek article was written by Autumn Noel Kelly - here's the part of her article that stands out for me (in a bad way)...

• I know Felicity’s probably not dead, but please let me have this, for at least a few weeks.
Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Omg that article! The writer even links to a video of Felicity being shot in the head in LOT and says it's something fans have always wanted. Fuck off.

Id like to think that Tonya didn't read the article and just saw the headline, saw it was from Newsweek and tweeted it out but let's be real. She read the article she's just in love with the smell of her own farts that much that she will take any type of praise. 

Newsflash Tonya. This season is full as much garbage as previous seasons so you ain't doing anything that different. 

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, tv echo said:

That Newsweek article was written by Autumn Noel Kelly - here's the part of her article that stands out for me (in a bad way)...

I went on to the writers twitter account and she is a comic book person (what else would you expect) who mocks Felicity so the article has no genuine sentiment as all. 

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

Omg that article! The writer even links to a video of Felicity being shot in the head in LOT and says it's something fans have always wanted. Fuck off.

Id like to think that Tonya didn't read the article and just saw the headline, saw it was from Newsweek and tweeted it out but let's be real. She read the article she's just in love with the smell of her own farts that much that she will take any type of praise. 

Newsflash Tonya. This season is full as much garbage as previous seasons so you ain't doing anything that different. 

I only read the headline and rolled my eyes at the hubris that she liked it because she, a new writer on season 7 made Felicity, a fan favorite since season 1, relevant. Sure, Jan. 

Edited by bijoux
  • Love 21

Next weekend's comic cons and events (updated, with schedules)...

Comic Con Colombia, November 16-18, 2018 (Medellin, Colombia)
Manu Bennett
https://comicconcolombia.com/?d=sub&s=2181&p=13813&i=1
Programming Schedule (pages 10-11 and 18-19)
-Fri. (11/16) at 3:00pm - Panel Q&A Manu Bennett
-Sat. (11/17) at 4:00pm - Comic Con Contests ft. Manu Bennett
-Sun. (11/18) at 7:15pm - Panel Q&A Jason David Frank & Manu Bennett

Vienna Comic Con, November 17-18, 2018 (Austria)
David Nykl (also John Noble)
http://www.viecc.com/gaeste/
Program
-Sat. (11/17) at 12:00pm - Arrow and Stargate with David Nykl
-Sun. (11/18) at 1:00pm - The Lord of the Rings with John Noble

The 46th International Emmy Awards Gala, November 19, 2018 (New York, NY)
Greg Berlanti (recipient of The 2018 International Emmy® Founders Award)
https://www.iemmys.tv/awards_gala.aspx
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/flash-producer-greg-berlanti-receive-international-emmy-founders-award-1100876

Edited by tv echo

Liking and promoting that article is a dick move but then I expect nothing less from that particular writer.

I have to wonder though, why does this only happen with Felicity? They seem to think it's completely okay to like hate against her. The double standard is real.

• Love 13

You know, if Beth and whoever runs the Arrow Writers Twitter account check their mentions right now, they won’t be able to miss what’s going on.

I also saw some screencaps of the article and wow. I can’t believe anyone associated with the show would acknowledge that article out of all the ones posted after the episode. 

Also looked at Tonya’s Twitter and can’t believe that she only liked that one awful tweet. 

Ugh, I’m so annoyed right now. 

3 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

You know, if Beth and whoever runs the Arrow Writers Twitter account check their mentions right now, they won’t be able to miss what’s going on.

I would be really surprised if she cared. She’d probably love that so many people got all spun up about it. 

I hope she (Beth, not Tonya, there is no hope for Tonya) is smart enough to realise Dead Felicity Smoak = Dead Arrow

Cuz yes people will rage and throw a fit now but after the initial anger people will peace out and move onto new shows. There will be no more free publicity for Arrow when the Felicity fans stop caring.

• Love 18
6 hours ago, BunsenBurner said:

Newsweek Magazine is now on the level of a gossip rag but worse. It has been sold twice and is no longer credible. It has the Newsweek name but no longer the reputation. 

Exactly this. I have several friends who were with and who have left Newsweek. It no longer carries the same cred it had in the past. It’s trash now. 

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, strikera0 said:

Is Liz Kim still a writer on the show? She has liked the article, too:

DrwYdFxVYAEmHpu.jpg:large

That was the twit who wrote the ep with Felicity semi grovelling to asshole Curtis after all the NTA shit. Then she went online and argued whth fans about the way she wrote the ep.

She's on par with Tonya imo.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I also saw some screencaps of the article and wow. I can’t believe anyone associated with the show would acknowledge that article out of all the ones posted after the episode. 

Also looked at Tonya’s Twitter and can’t believe that she only liked that one awful tweet. 

Ugh, I’m so annoyed right now. 

Her liking that tweet is a perfect example of how women can be our own worse enemies. 

It's sad and rampant in real life. I have been told by so many women that I need to do such and such with my life because my husband will run off with someone one day. Then when it looks kinda obvious that he's not going anywhere they tell me he will die young so I should still do such and such with my life to plan for his impending death because nice husbands die young! 

• Love 2

From JB panel at Supanova Brisbane this past weekend (warning: risque content) - no spoilers in this video...

John Barrowman Highlights
Published on Nov 12, 2018, by Troy Kasper

And here's a pic of MB as part of "DC Universe" panel at Supanova Brisbane on Friday (Nov. 9)...

The video is old and probably predates any complaints SA had. Also if SA can go and wrestle every few months his back and knees aren't that bad...of course wrestling messes up the back and knees (Heartbreak Kid, Brett Heart, Mankind and Stone Cold come to mind).

• Love 1

Apparently she has now blocked people who tweeted her disagreeing with the article people have been saying on twitter, which no one crossed any lines in their tweets. So, much like Stephen, her giant ego is obviously very fragile. 

• Love 5

I guess she's blocked me then. How will I ever get over it? I can understand SA having the ego after 6 years of being the star of the show that launched comic books back on TV, I can sort of understand MG having it because he was the EP and a white dude, but a first year writer on the show needs to do a reality check.

11 hours ago, Mary0360 said:

Tonya has clearly been reading her mentions cause she has now liked a bunch of other tweets of people telling her how glad they are "Felicity is no longer a love interest". 

I wonder if she's misreading it as "Felicity is no longer just a love interest" because given how much time Oliver spends staring at that picture of Felicity and William, there's no doubt she's still his love interest.  Doesn't help much though because Felicity has never been just a love interest.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I'm more worried about how this bodes for the coming season that we have people like her writing the show. It cannot mean good things.

She’s one of a team, and so far hasn’t done anything awful with Felicity. If it becomes clear she doesn’t like Felicity in the writing, then you should worry, but I wouldn’t write everyone else off because she handles herself like a sensitive baby on Twitter. 

• Love 5

An updated mid-century residence tucked into the foothills above Encino, Calif., and owned by actress and showbiz scion Katie Cassidy, daughter of late “Partridge Family” star David Cassidy, has come up for sale at just under $2.1 million. The “Arrow” star purchased the then-freshly renovated residence in early 2017 for $1.56 million

That's a nice little profit in under 2 years.

• Love 1

I did as well as Emily, because S1 and S4 are really the only two suits I can easily distinguish. But LOL that she was able to figure out the early season suits because of how young Stephen looked. 

Someone on Twitter suggested that they have Stephen try to identify Felicity's outfits, and that needs to happen! (I'd get 100% on that one.)

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:
Someone on Twitter suggested that they have Stephen try to identify Felicity's outfits, and that needs to happen! (I'd get 100% on that one.)

That was actually hard! Especially because IMO there’s not much difference between 1, 2, 3 suits other than the mask. I mean, I can’t tell what Cisco changed in s3.

anyway, I was suggesting Felicity’s hairstyle or ponytail on Twitter but the outfits work, too ? The difference between S1 and S2 is staggering 

• Love 2

I got season 1 and 2 right because Oliver moved from the recurved bow to the compound bow in s2 when Felicity got it for him.  Season 4 had the stupid sleeveless suit.

I would fail at Felicity's outfits other than s1 because that was the only nerdy year.  SA would probably fail worse though.