Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Jarrett and Carina seem to have moved their orbit.

I try not to comment on SA’s child or parenting ways. But with the partying, I don’t get it. I know we don’t get the whole picture at all, but I have to side eye some choices. 

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, apinknightmare said:

The amount of partying/having fun these people do is really impressive. 

I think last night they hosted the murder mystery party he mentioned on Twitter. And today they’re tailgating. It’s quite the life.

Basic breakdown (nowhere near as good/detailed as Tvecho):

-She states that Laurel is the mayor (I wonder if this was something they were entertaining at one point in time?) 

-Talked with Beth about how Black Siren could be DA when she knows nothing about law but apparently Siren is just faking it till you make it.

-She/David will do stunts together every now and then when they happen to work together

-Same old John Barrowman story

-Same old "you'll get more info on Black Sirens backstory"

-Not sure if her version of Black Canary will ever return but it'd be cool to have a 3-way fight between L-BC/BS/Sara's-C.

-Relates most to E1 Laurel.

-Same old "how did you feel when Laurel died". Nothing new.

-Favorite Laurel line "I'm the justice you cant run from"

-Same old "how did you feel/relate to Sara dying" "I got sisters, etc..."

• Love 2

But being DA isn’t something she should be able to fake even this long. 

They should’ve made BS mayor. That, I think she could have faked longer than DA. Or have her be a cop to “honor” her “father.” SCPD could probably use cops, you know after so many worked for Diaz and BS killed some in 601. 

• Love 7

I don’t understand. KC says BS is the mayor AND the DA?

And no explanation for how BS is DA or how she’s pulling it off with no problem whatsoever. Typical well-thought out storyline for every version of LL. (At least E1 LL got beaten up when she first went out as BC.)

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I don’t understand. KC says BS is the mayor AND the DA?

And no explanation for how BS is DA or how she’s pulling it off with no problem whatsoever. Typical well-thought out storyline for every version of LL. (At least E1 LL got beaten up when she first went out as BC.)

I think she clearly just got her words mixed up in the beginning by saying she was Mayor. But definitely looks like we won't get a valid explanation for Siren getting through the life of a DA even though now we know that at least it was brought up to Beth by the actress herself. 

9 minutes ago, bethy said:

Sure. Being a lawyer and a DA is totally a "fake it til you make it" kind of situation. I'll be sure to tell all the law students I know. 

Yeah, it doesn't exactly give me confidence in Beth that she was willing to hand wave something like that - and with an actual attorney excited to write for her too, no less. LOL. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Primal Slayer said:

But this is television so it isnt that big of a surprise. 

Eh, most TV shows with a character pretending to be a lawyer would make that an actual plot point instead of handwaving it. Especially when the captain of the SCPD knows she's faking it and part of HER storyline is grappling with the pros and cons of being a by-the-book chick. But no, she's just going to stand by and say nothing and put the validity of the convictions for the criminals she's putting away in question because that's so Arrow. 

• Love 19
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

Eh, most TV shows with a character pretending to be a lawyer would make that an actual plot point instead of handwaving it. Especially when the captain of the SCPD knows she's faking it and part of HER storyline is grappling with the pros and cons of being a by-the-book chick. But no, she's just going to stand by and say nothing and put the validity of the convictions for the criminals she's putting away in question because that's so Arrow

That bolded part.....I need it in gif form because there isn't anything more to say.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Chaser said:

Jarrett and Carina seem to have moved their orbit.

I try not to comment on SA’s child or parenting ways. But with the partying, I don’t get it. I know we don’t get the whole picture at all, but I have to side eye some choices. 

A little side eye is mild. I'm totally judging! ?

I do think that given the way they carry on and the obvious drunkenness, the child being placed in the care of professional nannies is probably a good thing. 

• Love 1

Didn't watch that panel but is she serious about BS being Mayor? Actually, didn't Beth say we'd find out who the Mayor is in 701 or something? OMG what if she is...

giphy.gif

Edited by Angel12d
37 minutes ago, bethy said:

Sure. Being a lawyer and a DA is totally a "fake it til you make it" kind of situation. I'll be sure to tell all the law students I know. 

This annoys me sfm. When I try to explain to my non-lawyer friends and family the things I'm working on, I can see the point at which all of their eyes glaze over and they have no clue what I'm talking about. And these are all smart, college-educated people. I know there are a ton of unrealistic plot points on this show and I've handwaved many of them, but giving the impression that any rando can read a legal text and "fake it until she makes it" as the DA is so insulting.  IDK. Maybe the writers saw how inaccurate the legal stories were when MG was showrunner and decided they couldn't do any worse. But I'm gonna have to check out of everything involving BS being the DA so I don't rip my hair out this season.

The worst thing is that if the show leaned into the stupidity of BS trying to fake it as the DA, that could have been a legitimately amusing storyline. But as with every LL storyline that came before it, the writers seem to feel like as long as they give her 3-5 minutes of airtime per episode, they don't have to make her story make any sense. 

At any rate, KC making her scheduled appearance at a con deserves a golf clap. ??

• Love 17
5 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

But as with every LL storyline that came before it, the writers seem to feel like as long as they give her 3-5 minutes of airtime per episode, they don't have to make her story make any sense. 

Is that necessarily a bad thing?

Are you sure you want a well thought out piece on BS =P

• Love 2

If I was a writer, BS pretending to be a lawyer would not be fun. The all around dumb of it would drive me crazy. I would much rather write her struggling at some retail job, ducking reporters, driving herself generally crazy. 

• Love 1

I honestly think no one thought further than: “BS needs a job since we’re giving out jobs like lollipops at a doctor’s office in Star City. We want BS and Dinah to interact during the day since they’re not vigilantes at the beginning of the season. Hey, why not make BS DA since we’re making Dinah police captain?”

• Love 2

I think they have two problems with every version of Laurel presented so far.

The first being that the writers never seem to put much thought into writing a coherent story for her. They made her a vigilante with the least effort possible and now she’s DA without explanation which continues that general trend.

The second problem is I’m not sure how much attention Katie pays to the show or story being told. I think she’s sometimes more influenced by the backstory she’s created for herself than what might actually be written in the script. 

I’ll be interested to see if this is the season where they explore BS backstory and motivations. What would exploring her backstory on E2 add to the  story and how would it mesh with the present timeline and the flash forward timeline?

• Love 2

Ironically, I could have accepted BS as the mayor.  It could speak to her new empowerment now that she's no longer the pawn of Prometheus, Cayden James and Diaz and a smart person could learn to be a decent mayor, just look at Oliver. And since being mayor is such a dangerous job, being a meta could be a huge advantage.

But I can't accept her as DA.  It's not only a skill set to learn, it's a whole education.

Sorry, Beth, but you failed this one.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, kes0704 said:

The second problem is I’m not sure how much attention Katie pays to the show or story being told. I think she’s sometimes more influenced by the backstory she’s created for herself than what might actually be written in the script. 

At least this time she brought up the confusion about Siren being DA but it doesnt seem like she was given anything valuable besides "she;s a good manipulator" 

5 hours ago, Chaser said:

I think Carina has achieved her threesome status. LOL

Second-hand embarrassment might be too mild of a word for this. It is actually just weird. Do people do that with their friends? Maybe I just have a reserved group of friends, we care about each other but I don't look at them and think 'Mine'. 

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, Belinea said:

Second-hand embarrassment might be too mild of a word for this. It is actually just weird. Do people do that with their friends? Maybe I just have a reserved group of friends, we care about each other but I don't look at them and think 'Mine'. 

It's super weird. I don't know anyone that posts that amount of stuff on social media - or the constant tagging - about their friend's husband, either.

For example: when she posted the video of SA taking his shirt off "with a Jesus light behind him" I didn't know whether to laugh or get weirded out. (I got weirded out.)

• Love 7
11 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Yeah, Black Siren is no Mike Ross. She doesn’t even have a Harvey or a Donna to help her. 

Even with a Mike Ross scenario where he knew all the answers on the Bar exam and could have all the laws memorized, they had him completely ignorant on all the procedure surrounding law, the nuts and bolts stuff that is only taught on the job. They had him sneaking off to a paralegal to show him the ropes when he wasn't getting direct guidance from a top lawyer.   All I can think is that BS delegates EVERYTHING except public appearances.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

I hope I never find out how “big 3” came into existence. 

I hope it’s a reference to This Is Us and he just called Carina (and his wife) his sister. 

• Love 1

KC's panel at  L.A. Comic Con was on Saturday (10/27) - here's my transcription:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOTXmzEWuIQ

-- On what she's most excited to have fans see this season, KC: "Well, Arrow Season 7. I hope all of you are tuning in. Are you? Yes? Yes? Good. I love that.

Um, in terms of my character, I think you will see - we'll definitely get into more of Black Siren and, um - her back story, and what her motives are and why.

Um, you know, obviously she has it out for Diaz. Um, and she's now come into the position of being, um, Mayor in some respect, you know, basically. She - there's a lot going on with her. There's a lot of layers. And she is still a bit of a loose cannon though. You never know what you're going to get from her... It's been really fun playing her, you know." 

-- On whether she prefers playing Black Canary or Black Siren, KC said that she's "very close" to Black Canary but that playing Black Siren "is a lot of fun, playing evil has been a lot of fun." She also said that she "likes that she's sassy... and a little mysterious." Also KC: "Playing evil is a blast."

-- KC: "We'll get into her back story, and I think everyone's going to be pretty surprised."

-- On the biggest difference between herself and her character, KC: "Well, I don't think I'm evil. I have to say, I truly feel that, me personally, I connect more with Laurel in terms of - when I first read the pilot, you know, seven years ago... She has very strong morals and values and obviously believes, and she fights for what she believes in. And I can relate to that, and I feel that's closer to me, um, as an individual, as opposed to, you know, Black Siren, who can be a little scary.... But I do like that she stands up for herself too. She can stand up to Diaz and isn't afraid to take down - she's a fighter. They both are. So I think that - I mean, I have a tattoo that says 'Warrior' on my hand, so I think that aspect I can definitely relate to."

-- On how E2 Laurel got her "law skills" in order to be District Attorney this season, KC: "Oh, she studied up really quick. Um, in Season 6, if you remember, there was an episode - because I actually asked this exact question to Beth Schwartz, our showrunner, who's fantastic. I love her. Um, you know, and basically Quentin had given Laurel - uh, well, Black Siren - in Season 6, uh, Laurel Earth-1's law books. Uh, so she's sort of doing that whole thing 'fake it till you make it.' But I do think she's actually - she's doing it, you know, as best she can, and I think she's doing some reading. She's a good actor. She's putting on a show for everyone."

-- On how she trains physically as Black Siren, KC said that she works out often. KC: "My character going from Laurel Lance Season 1 to Laurel Lance Season 4, everything you saw was actually genuinely happening in terms of, um, my character and myself going through training. So I put myself sort of through what the character was going through, um, martial arts, kickboxing, fight training, um, and it was pretty empowering and awesome. I felt pretty good about myself, so I continued doing that. Uh, I like knowing how to fight... Lifting. Going to the gym. Spin - I like spin classes. That's more of a mental thing." She also had done some martial arts training to play Ruby on Supernatural. She's not doing as much fight training now for Arrow as she used to.

-- On her favorite Arrow memory, KC: "So, it was during Season 3 - or maybe - it was either Season 2 or 3. My character, as we - as you know, was quite emotional, always crying. Um, but now, when I was on set, I would try to stay in it when I had a heavy emotional day. And I felt so bad for some of my cast members because it wasn't necessarily pleasant. You know, I kept to myself, sort of in a corner, like - .. And then when we got to know each other, they learned that this is sort of part of my craft. And I was on set one day shooting with Stephen, and I was sitting there and for whatever reason looked at my phone. And there was a picture sent to me from, um, John Barrowman, and I told this story before, where he's in my trailer - a picture of him taking a selfie with his bare ass like this (demonstrates) on the refrigerator, my couch, the bed, whereever it was - like, these ridiculous photos, pulling this prank. I cannot stop laughing. I'm supposed to be, you know, as I said, staying in it. I show it to Stephen. Stephen's like, 'oh god,' you know, he's like, 'I don't want to see that.' Meanwhile, just so you guys have context, John Barrowman wasn't even in the episode. I didn't even know he was in Vancouver. So I was like, 'what are you doing?' But it was nice, you know, having him around. He's hilarious, and it was fun. We needed that sort of lightness, um, that he brought to our set in, um, our cast. So I definitely think, you know, shooting with John Barrowman. He's hilarious, he's ridiculous, and I love him to death. So, yeah, that was definitely a fun memory for me."

-- On whether she thinks her Black Canary could come back via "Barry or the Waverider," and what she thinks of the initial decision to "remove" her Black Canary from the show, KC: "Again, I think it would be cool in some way if they could implement it. I don't know, you know, movie magic, but maybe Black Canary, Black Siren, and maybe even Sara, in an episode, fighting against each - I don't know, I have no idea. I think it would be really cool to see that. And, the second part of your question, how did I feel about -? ... Dude, I was sad. I was so sad... These things happen... I did not expect it. I was - I don't any of us expected it, because, like, the whole season, the cast was like, 'oh, who's in the grave?' I was like, 'you guys, television, none of us are in the grave, c'mon.' And they were like, 'oh, maybe it's me, maybe it's me.' And then, of course, lo and behold, I get a phone call and it was me in the grave. I was like, 'oh, oh, okay, wow.' Um, I was sad, but, for whatever reason, I knew in my gut, it wasn't over yet. And so, it was awesome they brought me back the way that they did on Flash. I'm very happy."

-- On whether she has a favorite Laurel line or moment, KC: "Yes. I wrote it today. Um, 'I'm the justice you can't run from.' Oh yeah, oh yeah. It's pretty awesome."

-- On her feelings when Sara died in Season 3 (from a fan who said she had a sister), KC: "That's a great question. I have two sisters myself, um, I'm very close with. So it was - it was pretty easy for me to tap into that. Caity Lotz - the chemistry that we have is wonderful, and us working together - she's wonderful to work with. I love when I have stuff with her. Um, Paul Blackthorne, the same. So, you know, having done back story and her relationship and the dynamic between Sara and Laurel, um, and giving it as much detail, using my imagination, you know, coming up with back story, creating it, and then having - and then putting yourself in the moment and living in the moment, being true to what's unfolding in front of you. It was all very real. Those reac - you know, I was - it's hard... And obviously at times I would imagine if it were my sister and so I could relate in some aspect."

--  On what she wishes she could tell her fans about working on Arrow that they might not know, KC: "Yes, but I can't tell them. (Laughs) I can't say it. But yes, there's a lot that I wish I could tell you. I could go on for days."

-- On her all-time favorite project that she's worked on, KC: "Definitely, um, Arrow... I also did this movie, um, with Tate Donovan recently and Matthew Lillard called Grace, which was fantastic to shoot. Really difficult. It'll be coming out - um, it'll be coming out soon, so be on the look-out for that. And I did this movie called The Scribbler that was based off a graphic novel. And, um, I played a girl who had multiple personality disorder. Um, it was sort of a dark thriller, sci-fi, comic book-esque. I was cool because I got to sort of create seven different characters in one... It was tough, but I like a challenge... What I did was, I created seven different back stories for seven different characters, and then implemented them all into one... The research I did was pretty in-depth."

Edited by tv echo

#249: Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow writer/producer/showrunner Marc Guggenheim
Comic Book Central   October 27, 2018
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/comicbookcentral/2018/10/27/249-arrow-and-legends-of-tomorrow-writerproducershowrunner-marc-guggenheim

-- On SA and comic cons, MG: "He's got such comic book convention game, man. Like, he's like invented, uh, you know, conventions. It's pretty incredible." 

-- When interviewer said that MG was SA's boss and that MG tells SA "what to say and what to do", MG: "I have to say, Stephen and I have always - we've always really said that it's a collaboration, that he and I are collaborating. And then it's really how I view it. And I will say, Stephen, to his credit, a lot of the times has been like, 'dude, you want to pull the showrunner card, play the showrunner card, that is your right, you are entitled to do that.' And, you know, while I appreciate him recognizing that, it's never been necessary, like, it's always something where we just talk stuff out. You know, and we will, you know, we'll talk it out and we'll arrive at a solution. We've always managed to do this, is arrive at a solution that works for him and his interpretation of the character and that works for the story that we're trying to tell. So, I always prefer the whole, you know, 'let's just work this out,' as opposed to, you know, 'I'm the boss and it's my way or the highway.' It is a collaboration. It's a collaborative medium." 

-- When interviewer asked if SA comes to the table with stuff, MG: "He really does." MG then said that he'll often come to set and say what they're going to do, and then there'll be back-and-forth, with SA having his own ideas. MG: "I will say, his sense of the show and its direction is incredibly good. Like, he - his ideas are very much in line with where the show has always wanted to move and where the writing staff has always wanted to take it. So, um, that's, you know, that's really very - it's rare, you know, it's rare in, you know, a lead to - not just be in sync with them, but for them actually to have a point of view to be in sync with."

-- On how Arrow came to be, MG: "I don't think they even asked for a Smallville replacement. Basically what happened is this, which is, Greg was originally - he had had a deal at Warner Brothers. That was back when we were doing Jack & Bobby. And he left and went to ABC, and I ended up going to ABC too. Um, and then he left ABC and went back to Warner Brothers. And that was off of the whole Green Lantern/No Ordinary Family experience. And when he went back to Warner Brothers, he said, 'There's another DC character that I have an idea for, that I think would make for a really great TV show.' So Warner Brothers never said, 'Hey, we need a Smallville replacement'  or - it was Greg who said, 'I've got a handle on this particular character, um, that I think would work very well for television.' That was Green Arrow. And then what happened was, uh, Greg had that meeting. Greg returned to Warner Brothers. Green Lantern came out. And Greg and I were both like, well, that's not an experience we ever want to go through again... (Interviewer then asked how they were able to rebound like that with Arrow) At the time, I don't think that we thought of it as a rebound.... First of all, I think it was Peter Roth's passion. Peter was like - he wouldn't let us say 'no.' He just simply would not let us say 'no.' Um, so he got us really thinking about, well, okay, under what conditions would we do this? You know, what are the circumstances that need to exist for us to be comfortable. And what we realized was, where Green Lantern went afoul for us - experientially, not creatively - was when we lost control of the movie, particularly, you know, when Greg lost control of the movie... We had an amazing script...  Long story short, Greg and I were like, listen, you know, if we're going to do this, we can't lose control of it... It can't become something different when you get a million studio notes or a million network notes. It's got to be true to - for whatever we write, good or bad, that's what we want to make, and we want to make it the best version of what we've written... There's a whole, uh, you know, amount of procedure that you go through when you're doing a network pilot. You do a story hour and an outline, there's pitches and notes and everything. And we - we circumvented all that. We just said, listen, we're going to come in, there's going to be a one-pitch meeting to the studio, another to the network. Then we're going to go off and we're going to write it. And we're not going to announce it. No one's going to know we're doing it. At the end of this process, we're going to give you a script. And then you'll either decide if you're making it or not making it. Um, and we gave them the script. Uh, there was immediate interest from David Nutter, who is basically the Steven Spielberg of television pilots. And the moment David became involved, we realized, okay, we're going to be okay... I've never met anyone who's such a fit for what he does... It's like David was grown in a lab to direct TV pilots. Um, he does other things than direct TV pilots. He did the 'Red Wedding' episode of Game of Thrones, for example. But, like, TV pilots - it's insane. It's like a baseball player who, every single time he goes up to the plate, he hits a home run. Every single time. It's unheard of. And the moment we got him, we realized we'd be okay. And then the moment we saw Stephen audition for Oliver, who was literally the very first person, uh, who auditioned for any role, um, we knew we would be really okay... It was just this process of, at every stage, we're going to make sure that, if we feel like the show should go left, we're going to keep it from going right. Um, and there are always factors that are drawing it over to the wrong side and you just keep sort of centering yourself and going back and being true to your vision. And, um, having partners like Stephen and David, you know, helped enormously... It was lucky, but it was hard too... The pilot, I would say, was fairly painless. Doing the series was really hard. That first season, it was tough... Two different timelines. The production value that, uh, David had given us on the pilot - like, I remember us having a meeting after the pilot had been finished but before the show had gotten picked up. Basically, the studio said, 'How are you going to achieve this on a week-to-week basis?' And the funny thing is that, if you go back and look at the pilot now, I think it looks very small compared to the stuff we do now...

It's funny, I was just in the editing room today on the seventh episode of Arrow's seventh season, 707, and that is like - it's massive, huge.

So, um, part of the challenge of basically learning how to produce a show of this size. You know, we were trying to do something that at the time had not been done on network television. I still believe that the level of production value that we were bringing to Arrow in those early years - you know, I think a lot of shows have caught up to us at this point - but we were doing something that no one else was doing. That was really, really hard. There was a lot of scrutiny on the project. Uh, you know. Shooting in Vancouver for the first time. Working with a brand new crew for the first time. They were new to us. They were very experienced on other shows like Smallville and The X-Files."

-- MG said that he often regretted locking into the flashbacks concept and having to do two timelines for five years, because it was like doing "one and a half shows" from a writing, casting and producing aspect.

-- When time travel and metahumans was introduced with the Flash, on how that impacted the grounded Arrow and its cast, MG: "All of the actors were incredibly on board with things. I will say, you know, what's been remarkable about the Arrow cast and Stephen in particular is that they've always been so supportive of all the spin-off shows and, um, very supportive of the fact that, oh, okay, there's, uh - you're the only child, you're the first-born, ulp, there's another kid, there's another kid, there's another kid... Everyone's been very supportive and terrific about that. When Greg said, 'hey, listen, we're introducing metahumans into this grounded world,' I know my first reaction was, okay, let's figure out a way for it to work for Arrow, in a way that doesn't up-end the show. Um, and that's why we had the whole mirakuru storyline in Season 2. The whole reason we did mirakuru was to introduce something, you know, off - you know, something slightly supernatural, slightly paranormal, um, to this otherwise very grounded world. Um, we didn't immediately dive in with superpowers - people flying or turning invisible, or laser blasts. We were like, okay, it's basically going to be like a super soldier serum. Some kind of super strength. We're going to ground it in as much fake science as possible... And we're going to introduce this metahuman concept in a small way just to open the door a crack. And once you're opened the door a crack, then in subsequent years you can open it up a little bit more and a little bit more, until the point where like, in Season 4, we were having Flash villains on the show. And, you know, some people feel like that was the wrong choice and, you know, I respect that. Um, I think there were some episodes in Season 4 that were more successful than others. Um, then in Season 5, we brought the show back to its roots, not as a reaction to Season 4, but actually as a reaction to the fact that Supergirl was joining The CW. And once there were four superhero shows on the same network, all of us decided to sort of tack each show more to its own core strengths, so that they were all differentiated from each other. And so that means Legends went crazier and Flash, you know, really went hard into metahumans and science, and Supergirl went really hard into aliens. And Arrow, you know, went back to its grounded, gritty roots because that's what made Arrow different from the other three shows."

-- On why they haven't done a Green Arrow/Green Lantern team-up when they've already dropped a clue that Hal Jordan's out there, MG: "That's as much as we've been, you know, allowed to do thus far... Here's the thing - these are not our characters. These are DC's characters, and they've been phenomenally generous." They then talked about Manu Bennett's comments about Deathstroke not being allowed to be both on television and on the big screen at the same time. MG noted that they weren't allowed to use Deathstroke for two years.

-- On the "Elseworlds" crossover, MG: "No one knows what we're doing yet... It's a different kind of story than what people are expecting... I saw a couple of things today in the editing rooms that literally like people are going to go nuts about. What I love about this year's crossover is that it's, you know - the last two years, it was, you know, parallel Earths, Nazis, and it was alien invasion, and really, you know, huge big stuff. And this stuff, for a variety of reasons, we intentionally decided to go a bit smaller. But there's more - I think there's more 'I can't believe they did this' comic book fan, you know, wonderful stuff that, um - than we've had in the previous four years combined."

-- On why he stepped down as showrunner for both Arrow and LoT, MG: "189 reasons. Um, that's the total number of episodes that I've showrun between the two shows. I just got tired... Between the two shows, it was nine seasons and I was kinda like just ready to try something new, um, and do something different. And also, like, specifically with the case with Arrow, I'm a very big believer that, you know, when a show goes past five seasons, it's kind of - I think it's incumbent upon the showrunner to step down, because, you know, on a network show, when you're doing 22 or in our case 23 episodes a season, some new blood, some new ideas make things fresh. Um, you know, that is important. Also, I had played just about all the cards I had to play. Um, certainly, you know, putting Oliver in prison and, um, revealing his identity, uh, those were two things I had wanted to do since the beginning of the show and by the end of Season 6, I got a chance to do them, along with the million other things I always wanted to do. Um, and I was looking ahead to Season 7, going, what do I have left to say? What do I, you know, have to do that I haven't done yet?' You know, nothing was really left on my bucket list. My Arrow bucket list. So, uh, it seemed like the right time. And I love this. This is like the best of both worlds for me because I get a chance to, you know, still consult on the shows and work with Phil and Keto and Beth and, you know, keep a toe in the waters which I love so much and work with the people I love so much. But at the same time, you know, I'm developing new shows, um, you know, nothing in the Arrowverse... but still some stuff in the genre space. Um, you know, working on a spec feature that's a historical legal drama, which is something so, you know, with the exception of legal parts, so outside what I am typically known for doing... It's fun stuff like that that I would never have the opportunity to do if I was still showrunning."

-- MG said that he wrote a True Lies pilot for Fox that he "really, truly loved," but it didn't go forward.

-- On whether it's possible that Green Lantern might show up on Arrow, MG: "Here's the thing, I have learned - if I have learned nothing after doing six years of doing these shows, I never say never. I never say something is impossible. And the reason is, if you remember, during Season 1, me and Greg Berlanti, we said, 'You're never going to see superpowers on Arrow... There's never going to be time travel.' ... I've learned never say never, because the great thing about having a show that's been on this long is, all the stuff you predicted wasn't going to happen sometimes does. And I would never foreclose any possibility. I also don't know how long Arrow is going to run. So I never ever say never."

Edited by tv echo
6 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

I hope I never find out how “big 3” came into existence. 

Honestly, I think they are messing with everyone at this point. Not that they hang out for the fandom's benefit or anything, but when they do they make sure they post about it to rile everyone up. Carina clearly pays very close attention to what people are saying about her and I'm sure she tells them about it (she recently replied to a comment on her IG post from CP about how she's sticking to her "current career of riding your husband’s coattails for money").  I side-eye Carina a lot, but frankly if people were speculating about my life and involvement in my friends' marriage, I'd probably opt to mess with them too (much more than AT's strategy of just yelling at rando commenters). 

14 minutes ago, Trisha said:

Honestly, I think they are messing with everyone at this point. Not that they hang out for the fandom's benefit or anything, but when they do they make sure they post about it to rile everyone up. Carina clearly pays very close attention to what people are saying about her and I'm sure she tells them about it (she recently replied to a comment on her IG post from CP about how she's sticking to her "current career of riding your husband’s coattails for money").  I side-eye Carina a lot, but frankly if people were speculating about my life and involvement in my friends' marriage, I'd probably opt to mess with them too (much more than AT's strategy of just yelling at rando commenters). 

I'm not super involved in fandom social media, so I wasn't aware that people were speculating about her involvement in Stephen and Cassandra's marriage (I don't even want to know). I used to follow her and I had to stop because of her incessant name dropping (not just with Stephen), and her obvious thirst for Stephen and desperation to be involved in his inner circle. That came through quite clearly just following her social media, so I don't really know what benefit she gets from doubling down on that now that she's actually gotten in there. She's just so blatantly a starfucker to me that I can't even imagine other people not seeing it and being willing to joke about it, LOL. But if they find it funny, more power to them!

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

This was the funniest thing yesterday

That made me laugh so much. I was so obsessed with the first two seasons of Felicity. I need to go back and rewatch the series one of these days.

• Love 1