Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Now is this something that the cast are required to do, or would EBR have the option to say "no thanks"?  Emily just seems to not be really big into the public stuff, so it's possible that she wouldn't want to do the event (if given the choice), which could potentially leave KC as the only female on the panel (unless they get Audrey Marie Anderson or Katrina Law).  After the last blowup, that might not go over so well.  If it was all about TPTB trying to keep someone's appearance as a surprise, wouldn't they just not announce that person as attending?  Obviously, I don't know.

Never mind, I see you all figured it out :)

Edited by SonofaBiscuit

Paleyfest is a huge deal for genre shows. I can't imagine the star of the show not going. I wonder if he is not as happy with the direction the show is taking as we've been led to believe.

• Love 1

Paleyfest is a huge deal for genre shows. I can't imagine the star of the show not going. I wonder if he is not as happy with the direction the show is taking as we've been led to believe.

Maybe he's honoring the commitment he made for the con and to the fans . I think the only other time he cancelled con appearances was because he was filming or made a mistake in his scheduling. 

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 3

Wow, Paley Fest is a pretty huge deal and the star of "Arrow" is not coming? I mean, I understand not wanting to disappoint people who are attending the con but, wow! I mean, Stephen can actually use the show as an excuse to not do the con and say, "sorry, guys, but my producers really want me to do Paley Fest." I can take that as an excuse. Well, now I can only cross my fingers that both David and Emily are attending.

• Love 1

Now is this something that the cast are required to do, or would EBR have the option to say "no thanks"?  Emily just seems to not be really big into the public stuff, so it's possible that she wouldn't want to do the event (if given the choice), which could potentially leave KC as the only female on the panel (unless they get Audrey Marie Anderson or Katrina Law).  After the last blowup, that might not go over so well.  If it was all about TPTB trying to keep someone's appearance as a surprise, wouldn't they just not announce that person as attending?  Obviously, I don't know.    

PaleyFest, like TCAs and SDCC are Network Dictates, it's her job, if the Network says go, she has to go.  There's a difference between opting not to sign up for Personal Convention Appearances but EBR always goes to corporate sponsored events (Flarrow Crossover, SDCC, Upfronts, etc) when she's told to go.

Maybe he's honoring the commitment he made for the con and to the fans . I think the only other time he cancelled con appearances was because he was filming or made a mistake in his scheduling.

He's canceled for Corporate events, he canceled a recent convention for the TCAs....work comes first.

Edited by Morrigan2575

I'm glad he's going to the Con, since I assume that was planned well before the Paley date was announced. Those fans probably got tickets awhile ago and he doesn't want to disappoint them. Unlike someone else who doesn't seem to care much about fans. 

It does seem like Stephen is not as excited about this season as he was last season. Last season he was on his facebook all the time posting about how awesome each episode was going to be. Now he pretty much just posts the day off the episode. If he'd rather go to a fan event over a Network event, maybe he's trying to make a point to them?

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 3

Wow, Paley Fest is a pretty huge deal and the star of "Arrow" is not coming? I mean, I understand not wanting to disappoint people who are attending the con but, wow! I mean, Stephen can actually use the show as an excuse to not do the con and say, "sorry, guys, but my producers really want me to do Paley Fest." I can take that as an excuse. Well, now I can only cross my fingers that both David and Emily are attending.

He could always Skype in for a chat. I know some other actors have done that for the Paleyfest.

Chances that KC goes to the Indianapolis Con on Valentine's Day weekend?  I'm predicting a cancellation notice very soon.  Or did she already cancel that one??  Yeah, she might have *runs off to check.*

ETA:  Yeah, that appearance was cancelled.  I'm an epic failure today, I guess.

Edited by SonofaBiscuit

I'd guess we are going to see another panel of all guys + Katie because Katie's character is so unpopular among fans/critics and having EBR or Wila on the panel would make her unpopularity too obvious. Plus, I'd guess KC demanded it. She seems to have some issues sharing the spotlight with other actresses.

WH and EBR are more popular tough shift if im any one involved with the show I'd want EBR to be at these cons or events. Felicity is very popular and is money if KC don't like it tough shit maybe she shouldn't come off as unlikable

He's supposed to be at one in Kansas City. So was JB, but he canceled.

Ah ok.

re: KC - I thought she'd already cancelled for the Indianapolis con? Because I remember we were discussing whether it was to attend the Fifty Shades of Grey premiere with her boyfriend.

I hope SA is going to a Con instead, honestly I would rather hear from him about Arrow then the showrunners.

I don't understand him not going though. Its a big deal. New ensemble vibe or not, he is biggest draw.

She did cancel - due to "filming."

Ah, right. :)

Well, she might actually be filming - for all we know about this episode filming right now, it might end up being a Laurel-heavy episode. Who knows?

But it will interesting to see if she turns up anywhere else. Fifty Shades of course is premiering this weekend, and also Fashion Week starts on Thursday.

About SA not going to PaleyFest.....I'm trying not to read too much into it, but....it really does seem odd.

Edited by Starfish35

Ah, right. :)

Well, she might actually be filming - for all we know about this episode filming right now, it might end up being a Laurel-heavy episode. Who knows?

She could actually be filming-PB canceled that con for filming too, I'm just not assuming with her at this point, haha.

• Love 1

I'm guessing they are trying to get Stephen to appear, whether in person or by Skype. I'll guess we'll see who wins when the announcement comes.

The Flash obviously learned form their mistake and invited the entire regular cast. 

• Love 1

Paleyfest without Stephen Amell sounds like a terrible idea. If the EPs think the other costumed heroes can carry that panel alone, then Oliver Queen's not the only one with his head up his ass. Hopefully they're working on that

• Love 10

I'm way tired of the joint panels when you only have an hour or so for discussion. It's not enough time for two shows.

It was many years ago, but the Paley panels I went to screened an episode then had 40 some odd minutes of discussion and Q&A. Do they still do that? 

• Love 1

If SA doesn't like how the show is going, I wonder how much power he has to change anything meaningful?  If not attending Paley is meant to send a message to MG et al., I would really appreciate that, since I'm in the boat that the show has been pretty much ruined at this point.

• Love 5

If SA doesn't like how the show is going, I wonder how much power he has to change anything meaningful?  If not attending Paley is meant to send a message to MG et al., I would really appreciate that, since I'm in the boat that the show has been pretty much ruined at this point.

I don't think he has much power at all. Sadly, he doesn't have producer credits. But I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that he's very disillusioned with the direction the show has taken. He liked Caity Lotz, and they killed her character in a disgusting, malicious way. He liked Oliver's journey, and the writers don't appear to care about that. He's finding more and more costumed 'heroes' being thrown onto the show. He knows fans have enjoyed some of the more fun elements of the show, yet has seen those elements be cast aside in favour of contrived angst. He has heard from fans who have been extremely disappointed with the developments this season, including his buddy on that podcast who publicly quit the show.

And beyond all that, Stephen Amell is the guy reading the scripts every week, and it cannot have escaped his notice that the writing has declined significantly in quality. Poor guy.

I really hope he stands firm on this and just refuses to do Paley. What an embarrassment that would be for the show, and the clowns involved.

• Love 8

I honestly don't think Stephen has a problem with the show, even this season. He often notes that people need to be patient, trust the writers, etc., and I don't think that's just him trying to be politic. He knows the full season plan, so things that are frustrating or don't seem to make sense to the audience just don't bother him because he knows where it's all leading, and he's still fully sold on that.

(The problem is that I think the writers, in this case, have lost the ability to see the forest for the trees. They're so focused on their big moments, or their endgame, or the act breaks, that they are simply writing to get to those points and not noticing what a rough ride it is along the way. Like so many people have pointed out, they're writing backwards. So it's still a satisfying story to them, and they're still excited about it, but ONLY because they know where it's going. The rest of us don't have that luxury, and we may not agree that the ends justify the means anyway.)

I do suspect that it bothers Stephen that former cheerleaders of the show--critics and fans--are sending a pretty consistent message of disappointment with the season. But, like I said, I feel like he still believes in the story the show is telling, and that people will come around and agree in the end that it was all really brilliant. I don't. But I still, stupidly, hope for a better Season 4, and SA is a big reason for that. I appreciate the work he puts in to make the show great, and how much he cares about that. I love this precious cast, minus one or two, and I want them to be happy and successful and I want to enjoy them on my screen again.

• Love 18

SA can use the, The show is about more then one character spiel, the writers have using to introduce a bunch of new heroes. Who needs Arrow with the Arrow. Especially since the show is now about the origin story of SWFCanary and 50 Shades of Iron Man.

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

PaleyFest without Stephen Amell there in person or via video is not a good thing for the show. PaleyFest is big in the industry, for SA to miss it would reflect poorly on the show. Granted, the show has been branching out the show is still called Arrow & is about the ARROW. So for the show to not make an effort to get SA there would be disappointing. Look at the other shows attendees, they have big names coming... I know he already committed to the con & would feel bad if he misses it, but there has to be a way to get him to PaleyFest even if it is just via video. I can't imagine the CW being happy with Arrow if SA passes on the Paley, considering they are always trying to be on the same level as the big networks. PaleyFest would also probably not be happy to not have SA there, since you know they want to talk about ARROW, they sorta need him there dontcha think?

If they don't have EBR at Paleyfest who is the biggest character (Felicity) apart from Oliver Queen on both shows - since this is a joint panel than that looks really bad. Plus why they aren't announcing them together seems shady. 

It does make it seem like one of the actresses once all the attention on her.

anabele457 asked:

Mr. Guggenheim ! I love you, sir. Thanks for delivering absolute awesomeness and badassery every single week. My ask is, who is your favorite character to write on Arrow? (Sorry if you've been asked before). Thank you for interacting with us and for phenomenal television. PS-loved the Arrow 2.5 Suicide Squad special.

Gosh, I don’t have a favorite to write.  Felicity and Palmer are certainly the closest to my “voice” as a writer, but honestly, I like writing everybody. 

Thanks for reading the 2.5 Suicide Squad story.  That was the brainchild of Keto Shimizu.  She crushed it.

mprettyblog asked:

Mmmm no spoilers hu? Well, can you answer who is behind the twitter acc of @Arrowwriters? I mean Its only one writer or they take turns? Or better... it is you? ;) Am really, really curious. Thank you and congrats, Arrow is my favorite show!

@Arrowriters is maintained by the amazing Beth Schwartz, one of our writing staff.

http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/

Edited by tv echo