Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

I think its great that she is missing things that are Arrow related and trying to do other stuff. May be there is hope that she will find something else later this year and will not be back for Arrow. I would be happy with that.

• Love 14

It's almost certainly the premiere event for 50 Shades, which opens the following weekend.

So why did she cancel the Con the weekend of The Premiere?

Because I figured she cancelled the Indy Con to attend all the Red Carpet stuff for 50 Shades.

Edited by Morrigan2575

Ok, so LA premiere is Monday 2/9, I'm guessing parties and stuff that weekend.

I wonder why she cancelled the Indy Con? Oh, London Red Carpet premiere is Thursday February 12th...so maybe both Cons are for 50 Shades.

Edited by Morrigan2575

Wonder how often you get to do that before cons just stop asking and/or allowing a person to have panels?

You would honestly be shocked at how often.  If she weren't currently filming Arrow, it would be more of a problem, but since she is, she'll still get invites. 

I just heard that DCC is almost at the level of NYCC. So this is a pretty big con to cancel. Especially with Stephen & Barrowman going.

I went to DCC last year, and it was awesome. I was only a sporadic Arrow watcher before that, but attending Stephen's panel convinced me to go back and re-watch all the episodes of the show. More than that, seeing how amazingly nice and cool he was with all the fans made me a fan of his for life. I really wish I could go back this year.

I flew there from my home in Florida, because me and my friends wanted to meet Karl Urban. And considering my airfare, hotel, meals, and VIP ticket, it wasn't a cheap trip. I would have been really disappointed if he'd canceled, even a few weeks out. I feel really bad for any KC fans who've spent that kind of money to go meet her and now won't get the chance.

• Love 2

I'd like to believe that all of these cancellations are because KC has become unhappy with the direction of her character (remember the bizarre media silence from her last season?).  Sadly, she's probably just blowing off these appearances to be with her new man.  But how can she claim it's for filming if she is photographed holding hands with her beau?

Edited by SonofaBiscuit
  • Love 2

Well I'd like to think it's because she's found out she's getting written out/decided to leave for other projects and doesn't want to be asked awkward questions about Laurel's future on the show. But I won't get that lucky. ;)

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 4

Well I'd like to think it's because she's found out she's getting written out/decided to leave for other projects and doesn't want to be asked awkward questions about Laurel's future on the show. But I won't get that lucky. ;)

Yeah, with my "unhappy with the direction of her character" bit, I was hoping that either she's NOT becoming BC after all, or she's leaving the show.  But, I was burned by thinking that KC was leaving last season, so I won't even dare to dream about it.

• Love 2

A lot of fans (not all though) may be unhappy with Laurel's direction but KC certainly isn't. From the sound of it, she's finally getting to do what she thought she was going to be doing all along. 

• Love 1

It's a full-court press to get us to watch tonight's ep...

Greg Berlanti @GBerlanti  ·  3h 3 hours ago
It's #Arrow night tonight which means you should cancel your plans and watch (unless your plans were to watch then totally keep them)!

(The above was retweeted by Official CWArrow and by Geoff Johns.)

ArrowWritersRoom @ARROWwriters  ·  6m 6 minutes ago
TONIGHT!!! #Arrow

ArrowWritersRoom @ARROWwriters  ·  16h 16 hours ago
Only one more day till #MidnightCity! Who's ready to see #BlackCanary in action? #Arrow… http://instagram.com/p/yYU_J8xoLi/

Katie Cassidy @MzKatieCassidy  ·  2h 2 hours ago
It's going down tonight in Starling City! #arrow
Edited by tv echo

tumblr_niwgjsqCln1u4ukkao1_400.gif

CW FanTalk is all new at 4pm PT right here at: cwtv.com/cwfantalk! But if you want to hang out with us for more than just an hour, we have pre-fantalk starting at 3pm! Join us in the crazy, wacky fun times that can only happen with The Flash and Arrow fandoms! (Oh, you’ll also find out WHY Emily Bett Rickards is just SO emotional! Que some Whitney Houston!)

• Love 1
Brandon Routh @BrandonJRouth  ·  17h 17 hours ago

As is her rightful place. :) “@Bru_Andrade23: @BrandonJRouth Brandon loook Emily its on tts, we’re showing our love ”

B8Yhj_wIcAAhwfK.jpg

https://twitter.com/brandonjrouth

Suzanne Gomez retweeted

Emily Bett Fans @EmilyBettFans  ·  23h 23 hours ago

'Emily Bett Rickards Is Our Queen' trended Worldwide and in the United States!

B8YWZUJIQAEZz0U.jpg

https://twitter.com/chico6

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

It's "BellLetsTalk" day, and for every tweet or retweet that use the hashtag "#BellLetsTalk" five cents will be donated to mental health initiatives in Canada. Stephen Amell has tweeted that when his tweet reaches 5K retweets he will do a twitter Q and A. So go retweet if you have twitter guys! It's for a great cause with the bonus of a q and a.  Link for the tweet is here

tumblr_niwlqppy931qf67ndo1_540.png

• Love 1

Are they at a wedding in that picture? That wouldn't be Digg/Lyla's, would it? Because why would Thea be there? Unless she knows about Oliver...but still. She barely knows Diggle. Unless...IDK, this makes my brain hurt.

ETA: Nevermind, one out of many questions answered

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2

Has to be. What other character/s do we know that both have in common and are supposed to be getting married?

Well, I wasn't sure if they were filming or if they were at a wedding on their personal time. But that question's been answered, so never mind!

I was watching trends on Twitter all night because A. I wasn't watching and B. I wanted to see if it trended.

Red Arrow trended for about 10 minutes

Laurel was on and off for about 15 minutes

Laurel and Felicity held steady for about 15 minutes

Canary was on for about 5 minutes

and the justice line trended WW for about 2 minutes.

I was watching Twitter, too, and the Arrow writers room, the production office and the official account were all retweeting things like mad. I've never seen that kind of engagement from them other than for the "big" episodes such as Flarrow or premieres.

• Love 2

I was watching Twitter, too, and the Arrow writers room, the production office and the official account were all retweeting things like mad. I've never seen that kind of engagement from them other than for the "big" episodes such as Flarrow or premieres.

They are desperate for Laurel/Black Canary to be popular but you can't manufacture popularity.

• Love 3

I notice on tumblr that all the people who love Raylicity and are telling MG not to let BR go also happen to think Katie Cassidy did an amazing job in this episode.  Hmmm, what a coincidence.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 7

MG's BTS comments relating to the "Midnight City" episode:

candied-pineapple asked:
And what about Laurel jumping the window? That was AMAZING! <3

I agree.  Kudos to Atlin Mitchell, Katie’s stunt double, for pulling that off.

kwilks14 asked:
Hey Marc! Great episode tonight! I think I speak on behalf of all of the Arrow fandom when I say we appreciate everything you do so thank you. Just one question: was the Olicity dream sequence filmed simultaneously with the 3x09 version or did you reshoot it?

Thanks for the kind words.  Great question.  No, it was shot specifically for — and during the production of — 3x11.

http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/

Edited by tv echo

I notice on tumblr that all the people who love Raylicity and are telling MG not to let BR go also happen to think Katie Cassidy did an amazing job in this episode.  Hmmm, what a coincidence.

Cause the only people who want Raylicity that ive seen Love Laurel and hate Olicity

Cause the only people who want Raylicity that ive seen Love Laurel and hate Olicity

Hey I love Olicity, they are what got me watching the show and I like Raylicity too. And I'm neutral to hating Laurel (it will depend on what the show does with her in these next few episodes). 

Hey I love Olicity, they are what got me watching the show and I like Raylicity too. And I'm neutral to hating Laurel (it will depend on what the show does with her in these next few episodes).

Me too, on all points. I think Brandon and Emily have solid/good chemistry and Raylicity had a lot of potential, but drawing them out via funny stalking only to allow them to settle into firmly flirty a week after Oliver's death is just so effing terrible, it was literally the worst of ALL options: Felicity looks bad, Ray looks both lame AND creepy, and  Oliver gets to be continue to be a emo martyr, at least until episode 2.21 or 2.23 when the pacing SLINKY snaps into place. Sigh.

• Love 4