Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

18 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I'm just thinking that there is no better time for her to do whatever she's dreamed of doing.

Ahh but does she have other dreams? Maybe she wants to be a lady of luxury. Nothing wrong with that either and she obviously married the right person for it!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I've never heard that SA prefers LA over Vancouver as a place to live. To get jobs, yes

He said recently that his favorite place is Los Angeles and he wants to raise his family there. 

12 hours ago, tv echo said:

Fan pics...

She shares his lip balm.  I mean, they are comfortable doing make out scenes so why not share lip balm.  Still, so damn cute.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 18
8 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Its on twitter also. But the issue became on instagram when she engaged with fans also. 

Considering she posted a pic of a child she probably should have credited the source or mentioned it was a repost. The way it's posted also gives the impression she was posting from the march which is a little disingenuous. That said she was still supporting and promoting a worthy and admirable cause and using her minor celebrity influence to spread a message that people could be less dicks about.  

• Love 1
Just now, Mary0360 said:

Considering she posted a pic of a child she probably should have credited the source or mentioned it was a repost. The way it's posted also gives the impression she was posting from the march which is a little disingenuous. That said she was still supporting and promoting a worthy and admirable cause and using her minor celebrity influence to spread a message that people could be less dicks about.  

I think Carlos Valdes did it best as he linked to a set of photos from a March and expressed his support for the cause. Or just say you love seeing so many inspiring young people at the march across the world and just post your fav pics and link your source. There was no need for this whole mess and then she just sounded defensive in the comments. PB just posted the poster of the March and his own personal thoughts. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

I think Carlos Valdes did it best as he linked to a set of photos from a March and expressed his support for the cause. Or just say you love seeing so many inspiring young people at the march across the world and just post your fav pics and link your source. There was no need for this whole mess and then she just sounded defensive in the comments. PB just posted the poster of the March and his own personal thoughts. 

Yeah I have to agree that she came across a little too defensive, which has me wondering if she did intend it to come across like she was there lol. 

• Love 1

I have question for people who've been to cons. How many photos do the celebs take per photo op sessions, presuming it is sold out? 

I only ask as the hvff photo ops tweet came up on timeline, and out of boredom I was looking through the photo op prices for the different celebs. I was trying to figure out the math for say someone like Norman Redus who had about 8 photo op sessions at $100 a ticket- how much would they make in total? Cause I was thinking if it's about 100 per session then that'd be 800 tickets in total. That's like $80,000. 

Stephen talks about March For Our Lives. He states he doesn’t believe this is a “gun issue”, but instead an issue of wanting his kid to feel and be safe. He also discussed when he attended Vancouver’s Gay Pride Parade, Facebook, the US mid-term elections, and his view that we don’t need to look at Dem/Rep candidates but rather those who are “intellectually curious” on the matter. 

https://www.etalk.ca/TV/video/Why-Stephen-Amell-took-an-active-part-in-March-for-Our-Lives-vid1356582

2 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

I have question for people who've been to cons. How many photos do the celebs take per photo op sessions, presuming it is sold out? 

I only ask as the hvff photo ops tweet came up on timeline, and out of boredom I was looking through the photo op prices for the different celebs. I was trying to figure out the math for say someone like Norman Redus who had about 8 photo op sessions at $100 a ticket- how much would they make in total? Cause I was thinking if it's about 100 per session then that'd be 800 tickets in total. That's like $80,000. 

They rush everyone through so they get through a bunch of photos in the allotted time.  I don't know how many tickets they sell so I can't give you an exact number but it's a bunch.  The con circuit is quite lucrative. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Mary0360 said:

Who is this referring to? I can't find the quoted post. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Mary0360 said:

The last con I went to I was trying to guestimate that when I was in Gillian Anderson’s photo line. They push a lot of people through FAST (like you have maybe 10 seconds with them) and there were probably 100-150 people in my group and there were 3 groups. She only did 1 session that day, but other stars were doing multiple solo sessions and/or solo sessions plus joint ones with costars.

When I was waiting in line at SA’s autograph booth I was chatting with a volunteer who worked his booth the day before and had estimated that around 1500 got autographs from him. At $60 a pop that’s $90k for just one day. And I think autograph money goes straight to the star (because you literally hand their assistant a wad of cash right before you meet them), while I believe the event gets a cut of the photo opp money. But yeah, they pull in serious coin during con weekends. 

• Love 2

Just curious do you ever leave a comment for a star?

I was tempted to leave a comment to congratulate EBR on her movie but then I figured it's not like she's going to read it anyway so I just click the love heart thingy instead! 

2 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

I was tempted to leave a comment to congratulate EBR on her movie but then I figured it's not like she's going to read it anyway so I just click the love heart thingy instead! 

I do! I think it's fun! Haha 

4 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

I've left comments sometimes, not so much in the expectation of them reading it but as a show of support for others to read but sometimes the stars do read them.  

I don't think there is any harm either way.  Positive stuff isn't ever a no-no as long as no one is acting like they know her.  

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Does SA seem to be tweeting more often?  Good mood or PR?

SA doesn't usually bow down to PR as much though, does he? I actually think that it's mostly good mood and that he likes how they're wrapping up the season.

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And then there was one.

I know this is off topic but sometimes I wonder if they ever regret getting rid of a talent. Because to this day, I miss Moira. And I wonder if the should could have benefited from different writing choices. Guess, we will never know.

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 14
5 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

The bad news is that it sounds like there's not much he can do about it. 

I doubt they listen to him which is a shame but at least he could go directly to the source of the problem. It becomes quite obvious after a while that the producing team just isn't as good with storylines as they claim to be. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Is this the first time he has  questioned a season before its finished?

I cannot remember because usually he is pretty good with selling the show and not question their storytelling choices in public before they air. I remember only the Susan/Oliver time were he wasn't pleased with fans questioning that. It gave me the impression that he didn't know what else to say to them other than 'either watch or don't'.

6 minutes ago, Zackary said:

He probably already knows what’s going on in finale and if he still thinks there’s no payoff, then this season is going to end worse than I thought.

Spoiler

He didn't seemed pleased with his lack of work starting with 6x19. It seemed as though he liked 6x18.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I’m trying to remember. Is this the first time he has  questioned a season before its finished?

I think so, yeah. He's gotten annoyed at fans for complaining before storylines have played out or not reacting the way the show intended, but I don't remember him outright questioning the show's choices during that season. (Except maybe the good natured grumbling about Raylicity)

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

Yikes. Although it's nice to know we're not the only ones wondering WTF is going on. It's really telling that SA is even talking like this while the season airs. Usually he waits until it's over before he admits what didn't work.

Edited by Guest

So, does this mean SA is also part of this 'production' or is it just Aisha and to some extent Emily helping out their friends? Is that rude? I feel as though that is rude of me to say. 

It’ll be interesting to see where Stephen puts S6 in the list if he’s asked at another con to rank the seasons. There have been parts of every season that I haven’t particularly enjoyed but S6 has been consistently disappointing (and in some cases rage-inducing ?).  

It’s Sunday in Australia, episode 616 aired Friday night when I was out but I still haven’t felt the motivation to watch it in full. I miss the days when I used to hurry home to see an episode and accidentally got a speeding ticket. ?

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Belinea said:

So, does this mean SA is also part of this 'production' or is it just Aisha and to some extent Emily helping out their friends? Is that rude? I feel as though that is rude of me to say. 

It reads to me like everyone in that inside joke “jar” crew is working on some kind of pet project together - whether some are writing, some are producing, and some are acting or if they’re all going to be in it, who knows. 

• Love 2