Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

On 2/4/2018 at 12:02 PM, tv echo said:

Warning: this could also be considered spoilery (fyi, not every conversation is included)...

PART C: NOTABLE FELICITY/OLICITY MOMENTS

1. June 2017

2. July 2017

3. August 2017

4. September 2017

5. October 2017 (Epilogue)

I just came across a bunch of GIFs from the S6 premiere where Oliver was trying to invite Felicity to dinner (the dinner she seems to have bought, LOL) with him and Willian and she demurs and says maybe another night. Does that track with what you read in the book? Felicity being hesitant, I mean? It seemed like Oliver was the one who pulled back when he said his life was complicated. I guess I can handwave and just say Felicity became hesitant after Oliver said that. 

21 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I just came across a bunch of GIFs from the S6 premiere where Oliver was trying to invite Felicity to dinner (the dinner she seems to have bought, LOL) with him and Willian and she demurs and says maybe another night. Does that track with what you read in the book? Felicity being hesitant, I mean? It seemed like Oliver was the one who pulled back when he said his life was complicated. I guess I can handwave and just say Felicity became hesitant after Oliver said that. 

Felicity was pretty concerned about William's wellbeing while also feeling guilty about wondering about where she and Oliver stood since they didn't really sit down and talk about it because of everything else going on. They both wanted to talk about it but never really could figure out how/when. She didn't want to monopolize Oliver's concern with their relationship while he was trying to take care of William, so it pretty much checks out for me in a "nope, not making his kid about me or me and Oliver" way. Plus, it makes why she was eager and immediately came to help in 603 because in that case it wasn't really about her and William or her and Oliver, it was about her helping Oliver with William.

Found a quote:

Spoiler

Felicity didn't say anything. She knew [Diggle and Lyla] meant nothing by it, but the smug exclusion really chafed at her. She didn't spend a lot of time thinking about kids--well, lately she had, not kids in general though, but one kid in particular. She'd thought long and hard about William, not just because he was Oliver's son, but considering what William might mean to whatever she and Oliver had.

Felicity already felt bad about her feelings, no matter which way they fell at any given moment. Thinking about William didn't help.

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, way2interested said:

Felicity was pretty concerned about William's wellbeing while also feeling guilty about wondering about where she and Oliver stood since they didn't really sit down and talk about it because of everything else going on. They both wanted to talk about it but never really could figure out how/when. She didn't want to monopolize Oliver's concern with their relationship while he was trying to take care of William, so it pretty much checks out for me in a "nope, not making his kid about me or me and Oliver" way. Plus, it makes why she was eager and immediately came to help in 603 because in that case it wasn't really about her and William or her and Oliver, it was about her helping Oliver with William.

Found a quote:

Hide contents

Felicity didn't say anything. She knew [Diggle and Lyla] meant nothing by it, but the smug exclusion really chafed at her. She didn't spend a lot of time thinking about kids--well, lately she had, not kids in general though, but one kid in particular. She'd thought long and hard about William, not just because he was Oliver's son, but considering what William might mean to whatever she and Oliver had.

Felicity already felt bad about her feelings, no matter which way they fell at any given moment. Thinking about William didn't help.

Thank you! That provides context for her sorta babble in 601 about things being confusing for her, for Oliver, for them and for William.

^^^ Felicity broached the subject of their relationship and felt guilty and uncertain about doing it. Oliver had his hands full with William, Thea and his mayoral duties, and then bad guy stuff kept happening. But later Oliver told her that he wanted to finish their conversation. Then they almost had a moment over sushi dinner that was interrupted by a William emergency. Then later Felicity told Oliver that he should concentrate on his son and that she'd be there.

Spoiler

She took a deep breath and launched into it.
“Since we got back and got settled, as settled as we ever get around here, I wanted to talk about us and I know, I know, ‘us’ isn’t an us but it’s still a thing to talk about.” She took a gulp of air. “I’m not crazy, there is a thing here, there’s always a thing here, and I want to talk about that thing that is here, but with all the stuff from Chase, and Thea in the hospital, and William, and you off on solo patrols and all the rest, it just doesn’t seem right that I’m worried abou the ‘us’ that isn’t an us.” She paused, then kept going.
“It seems petty of me and I hate being petty and so I wait and I wait and I wait for the time to be right, for there to be a break or a lull or some moment where I won’t be a selfish person for wanting to talk about a relationship that I ended. But the time never comes, the moment is never right, there’s always a reminder or a new crisis or a thing that gets in the way, and I wonder, always wonder if I need to keep waiting, has it been long enough?
“How far out from what we went through should I wait? I mean, what would Emily Post say is the proper waiting period after someone’s sister has been brutally injured, and his baby-mama has been killed?” Her hand flew to her mouth. “Oh God, baby-mama sounds dismissive, I didn’t mean it to be that way.”
Oliver said nothing, but the smile was gone from his mouth.
“See?” Wrong time.” Felicity looked down at the floor.
Oliver sighed. "Things are... complicated for me right now."
“I know that. Believe me.”
“I’m still trying to get the Mayor’s office back in line.”
“I know.”
“And Thea…”
“I know.”
“And William needs my attention.”
“Oliver!” Felicity put her hands up to stop him from talking. “I know, believe me, I know.”
“When things calm down…”
“Will that happen?”
“It will,” he reassured here. “William will get settled, soon enough.”
“That will only happen if you find a way to connect with him.”
“I’m trying.”
“By being here, checking your equipment, instead of being home with him?”
The words hit the air between them, making it a cracked and brittle thing. They stared at each other over her accusation. Felicity’s mouth became a hard line. Oliver leaned forward, about to say something.

Spoiler

Oliver reached out and put his hand on Felicity’s arm, fingers landing gently on her wrist. “I have to go check on William. Keep tabs on everyone.”
“Will do.” She looked down at Oliver’s hand, staying on her wrist. It was a casual touch but felt more… intimate than that. He leaned in close, voice low.
“I want to finish our conversation, as well.”

Spoiler

The Bunker fell away, leaving nothing but the two of them and their history together. The tangled and complicated story of them that tied the two together and kept them apart, things that had been done, things that had been said, things that had been forgiven, and things that didn't need to be. Tonight they were something neither of them had experienced before.
They say the words "once in a lifetime" so easily, he thought.
"Oliver," she murmured, her voice filled with affection.
"Felicity."
The sharp chime of his phone split the moment like an ax through bone. The magic siphoned away as he reached for it, leaving them both awkward and emotionally raw. Unable to resist, he read the text.
She watched hs face and recognized the look on it.
“What’s wrong?”
“I’m sorry, I have to go.” He drew away, the moment completely gone. “It’s William.”

Spoiler

He considered it. “I wonder if Raisa would be willing to come help.”
“If she’s family, she will help your son.” Felicity reached out and put her hand on his arm. “You should put your energy into helping William, and once he’s better we can talk about that thing that we don’t talk about because we need to talk about it.” Her eyebrows pulled together tightly. “You do know what thing I’m talking about that we aren’t talking about, right?”
“I do,” he reassured her.
“Good!” She smiled. “Because I wasn’t sure with all the talking, not talking about the thing.” She pulled herself back on track. “But I’m here, not going anywhere, perfectly patient to talk about the not-talked-about-thing when William is better.”
"Felicity Smoak -" Oliver leaned in and gave her a quick kiss on the cheek. "- you are too good to me."
He turned away.
"I am, you know," Felicity said quietly, her voice light and dreamy as she watched Oliver walk away.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 6

Despite its flaws, Arrow does have great cinematography (fyi, his latest "Showreel" includes 2 Olicity scenes from S3, and his "'Arrow' Season 5 Highlight Reel" includes 3 Olicity scenes from S5)...

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

LMAOOOO I've noticed that ever since Stephen complimented Emily and how it was a privilege working with her, some fans (and GATV) have been thirsting for him to compliment their faves.

This gave me a good chuckle though

Edited by WindofChange
  • Love 5

This weekend's comic cons...

Pensacon: Pensacola Comic Con, February 23-25, 2018 (FL)
John Barrowman (also Arthur Darvill)
http://pensacon.com/guests/media-guests/2018-media-guests/
Schedule (Sat.)
--
ADarvill Q&A on Sat. 2/24 at 12:15pm
--JBarrowman Q&A on Sat. 2/24 at 1:30pm 

Starfury: Red Dragon 4, February 23-25, 2018 (London, UK)
Kacey Rohl and Rutina Wesley
http://www.seanharry.com/events/hannibal/
Schedule

Edited by tv echo

Upcoming March comic cons...

Emerald City Comic Con, March 1-4, 2018 (Seattle, WA)
Summer Glau and Sean Maher
http://www.emeraldcitycomiccon.com/Guests/Entertainment-Guests/

Wizard World Cleveland, March 2-4, 2018 (Cleveland, OH)
John Barrowman and Matt Ryan
https://wizardworld.com/comiccon/cleveland

Lexington Comic & Toy Convention, March 9-11, 2018 (Lexington, KY)
John Barrowman
http://lexingtoncomiccon.com/guests.html

Awesome Con, March 30-April 1, 2018 (Washington, D.C.)
Stephen Amell and John Barrowman (also Cress Williams)
http://awesome-con.com/guestsdc/

Wellington Armageddon, March 30-April 1, 2018 (New Zealand)
Matt Ryan
https://www.armageddonexpo.com/Guests/

I've been pretty deep in the Figure Skating forum with these Olympics and I was going through Nathan Chen's IG and turns out he's an Arrow fan. He follows SA, EBR, DR, PB, WH, CH, KC. Old school Arrow not the Newbies. 

I was looking around to see what kind of stuff he was liking. Not a big liker, I could only find a few. A crossover pic SA posted, one of EBRs photoshoots and (my personal fav) the one EBR posted from Zachary Levi's panel with SA in the high heels.

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 12

First off, I decided to put this "article" here because it's definitely not "news".

Second, *sacasm* I just loooove internet articles written by hacks who clearly can't get real jobs.

Over half of these departures are NOT "shady" -- but as I said, should I expect anything better from

a hack internet writer who wants you to click on their magnum masterpiece.

To give a short recap -- Victor Garber decided to go to Broadway, Calista didn't want to commute to Vancouver,

Wentworth got a bigger role on "Prison Break",  and as for "Arrow" characters,

Caity left for LOT, Colton had anxiety problems, Katie was "just taking up space",

and Manu got "p.o.'d" (as did I) when Deathstroke got his butt handed to him by Speedy of all people.

• Love 1

Miller purposefully signed a one and done contract for LOT.  He was doing Prison Break as well, but the filming schedules for each show didn't interfere with each other.  His Arrowverse contract fit into his personal preferences better than being tied down to just the one show.  From what I've read, Miller has more emotional attachment to PB, and is willing to commit to it for however long it goes, but generally prefers to leave himself open for many types of work, both acting and behind the scenes.  If he had the same connection to Snart that he does to Michael Scofield then I think he would make both shows work.  But he doesn't and that's how things worked out.

I read that article and I agree that it was written by someone who maybe watched a few of these shows when they started but clearly just read summaries for the list.  An argument can be made about some falling under the category of shady but most are simply that the actor wanted to leave the show or the show wanted to leave the actor.  That's not really shady unless personal issues are in play (eg, Hilarie escaping her stalker/boss on One Tree Hill the second her contract was up). 

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Twilight Man said:

Caity left for LOT

Caity Lotz was fired from Arrow at the end of S2 and informed that Sara would be killed in 301. She did not leave for LOT. At that point in time there was no LOT. The plan for S3 was originally to spinoff Blue Beatle. Then WB yanked Blue Beatle away from Berlanti so, they went for The Atom spinoff, when CW showed no interest, Berlanti pitched a team up of Arrowverse fan faves.

She was brought back for LOT with that pitch which was long after Sara was dead and burried.  In fact if The Atom spinoff had been picked up, Sara/Caity most likely never would have been heard from again.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 11
12 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

She was brought back for LOT with that pitch which was long after Sara was dead and burried.  In fact if The Atom spinoff had been picked up, Sara/Caity most likely never would have been heard from again.

And can I personally be insanely thankful for that. Without LOT Sara would be decomposing , Mick would be unlikely to be in my top three Arrowverse characters and whilst AOTM might have had some Teryl Rothery as Anna's mother/Aunt I wouldn't give that up for the LOT we have now. The Kendra arc showed that I didn't like Ray in either romantic arc, even though nothing about that was really his fault, and if he gets with Zari d0own the line there is something a bit more there than "writers need younger leading man to suddenly love an available female regular. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Caity Lotz was fired from Arrow at the end of S2 and informed that Sara would be killed in 301. She did not leave for LOT. At that point in time there was no LOT. The plan for S3 was originally to spinoff Blue Beatle. Then WB yanked Blue Beatle away from Berlanti so, they went for The Atom spinoff, when CW showed no interest, Berlanti pitched a team up of Arrowverse fan faves.

I, myself, am "well" aware of how the "Powers That Be" screwed up both storylines involving both of the Lance sisters.

(Although I was not aware of the Blue Beetle plans (I'm a superhero, not a British rock star))

I was merely, once again, pointing out how some person can get paid to not bother to do any research.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Twilight Man said:

I, myself, am "well" aware of how the "Powers That Be" screwed up both storylines involving both of the Lance sisters.

(Although I was not aware of the Blue Beetle plans (I'm a superhero, not a British rock star))

I was merely, once again, pointing out how some person can get paid to not bother to do any research.

And some people even do it for free!

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, jaye.elle said:

One of Kirk Acevedo's recent likes:

Untitled.png

Maybe he's feels like he's not getting enough attention. I mean, he gets more attention over his likes about Felicity then he seems to be getting for his performance of his character....

• Love 3
Just now, bijoux said:

Did you figure out the Kevin Hart link? Because I honestly don't get it. Does he tweet about Arrow?

I love how there are literally two other likes for that tweet.

Nah, I couldn't figure out why he included Kevin Hart. The only thing I can think is because Kevin Hart ran the NY Marathon? But that was in November, so...no, no idea. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, jaye.elle said:

I wanna be mad, but the most I can do is roll my eyes and hope he enjoys his last 5 episodes filming the show (assuming Dragon makes it to the finale).

• Love 2
5 hours ago, jaye.elle said:

Untitled.png

? His desperation for attention and to be liked makes me LOL. ?

Save Arrow. Enunciate. #KidBishus?

TBH it's hard to evaluate his performance when I don't understand what he's saying half the time. He should probably focus on that rather than trolling through tweets about characters that have bigger fanbases than he has. He might develop some of his own fans if people know what he's actually saying. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I just don't get coming in in a show's 6th season and liking tweets against a character who has been around since season 1. 

Because it gets people in a tizzy and gives him screencap fodder so he can call people out on their spelling mistakes while his fans egg him on. He got a good week out of trolling Felicity fans the first go round. Hopefully people ignore this one. 

• Love 8

This upcoming weekend's comic cons (updated with schedules)...

Emerald City Comic Con, March 1-4, 2018 (Seattle, WA)
Summer Glau and Sean Maher (also Marguerite Bennett, Julie Benson and Shawna Benson)
http://www.emeraldcitycomiccon.com
Panels & Screenings Schedule
- Thu., Mar. 1 @ 2:45pm - DC Universe (incl. MBennett, JBenson, SBenson)
- Fri., Mar. 2 @ 12:00pm - Let's Talk Firefly with the Tams (SGlau, SMaher)
- Fri., Mar. 2 @ 1:15pm - DC-The Write Stuff (incl. MBennett, JBenson, SBenson)
- Fri., Mar. 2 @ 4:45pm - Summer Glau and Sean Maher Talk Firefly 

Wizard World Cleveland, March 2-4, 2018 (OH)
John Barrowman and Matt Ryan
https://wizardworld.com/comiccon/cleveland
Programming Schedule
- Sat., Mar. 3 @ 2:15pm - John Barrowman's One Man Show
- Sat., Mar. 3 @ 3:00pm - Dark Arts and Magic: A Conversation with John Constantine Himself, Matt Ryan

Edited by tv echo

Wouldn’t it be somewhat  uncomfortable to work with someone after you acknowledged that you’d prefer their character to die.  Maybe they don’t care or maybe he is super method.

Also, promo is promo in the end but maybe RG isn’t the one I would have picked to do it. Well, maybe he is really good at it. 

7 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I just don't get coming in in a show's 6th season and liking tweets against a character who has been around since season 1. 

I guess I don't have a problem with it, since he's playing a villain and, they're supposed to kill or want to kill the good guys.

(edited)
1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I guess I don't have a problem with it, since he's playing a villain and, they're supposed to kill or want to kill the good guys.

I think I'd view it more through that lens if KA had shown an ounce of class around any of his interactions with the fans that he was upsetting.  Same for when his wife joined the party.   It was his further comments that IMO took it from playing up the part he was cast, aka to the villain, to just convincing me he was a jerk. 

But I really hope he continues to be a jerk that no one is paying attention to.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I'm a bit sensitive about it just because it's so focused on Felicity, a woman. If it were more equal opportunity, say, Diggle and Oliver tweets as well then yeah I can say it's about being his character. But IMO liking tweets like that helps perpetuate the notion violence against women is OK. I don't know, like I said I'm probably being too sensitive about it.

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I'm a bit sensitive about it just because it's so focused on Felicity, a woman. If it were more equal opportunity, say, Diggle and Oliver tweets as well then yeah I can say it's about being his character. But IMO liking tweets like that helps perpetuate the notion violence against women is OK. I don't know, like I said I'm probably being too sensitive about it.

I wonder if anyone is actually sending him kill Diggle it Oliver tweets? He’s Reddit’s hero now and quite a few of them want Diggle dead, but not as much as they want Felicity offed. Plus, since good ol’ Kid Vicious (and his wife) got so much mileage off his first like about Felicity, I’m sure Olicity haters send him that stuff hoping for another round of him against the fandom. And he probably likes the stuff hoping for the same. That’s why it doesn’t really bother me personally. 

• Love 3

It doesn't go so far as to bother me at this point, he can post or like whatever he wants, but I'll be holding a grudge basically forever.  Seen IMO who he is and I was not impressed.  

• Love 10

My main problem with KA is that tweet he took a screencap of and then posted and opened up the girl to bullying and IIRC, the responses from the anti-Olicity/Felicity crowd were something along the lines of, "Olicity fans don't matter and we say they bully people all the time, so this bullying's okay." 

Especially since that was after his introduction which was so weak. 

• Love 10

If KA was looking to stir up the Felicity/Olicity fandom then he’s probably really disappointed right about now because I haven’t seen anyone engaging with him about it at all.

It seems like fans have mostly decided to ignore him completely or have muted him because his character has been such a non event at this stage. 

• Love 8
(edited)

In anticipation of Arrow's return tonight, a network station in Burlington, VT (The Valley CW WPTZ 5.2 TV Network / NBC 5) has been tweeting Olicity moments all week (I omitted their first tweet which contains 614 promo pics). This reminds me of how SkyOne used to tweet these great Arrow promos. Seems like everybody else does a better job of promoting Arrow than The CW/WB...

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 16