Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

34 minutes ago, SleepDeprived said:

Anyway, I had a lot of fun at the con. But that's not what you're here for

Honestly, I love the pictures but I think I love the individual, personal experience stories even more.  Thank you very much for sharing.  :D

• Love 5
1 hour ago, SleepDeprived said:

Anyway, I absolutely can confirm everything @WindofChange said about David Ramsey. He is the coolest dude and the absolute best hugger. Seriously, that man wins the gold medal in hugging. Not only does he smell amazing but his body is a solid wall of muscle. I'm short so I was pretty much engulfed in his arms and solidly planted on his chest for what felt like a minute (probably more like a good 15 seconds or so) 'cause my sister was chatting him up and he wouldn't let go of me. He was joking with my sister that he could probably crush me and, honestly, I would've been fine with that. Death by David Ramsey's arms is a heavenly way to go. I got to experience those arms, like 5 times or something, so that alone was worth the admission.

Loved your writeup, especially the paragraph above! I read recaps of the panels but really appreciated you view from the crowd.  And death by David Ramsey's arms IS a heavenly way to go.  

Edited by thegirlsleuth
  • Love 3

I saw both SA and ME tweet condolences to KC today. Whatever one's relationship with a parent, it must be hard to lose one. I hope she and her father had some resolution to their estrangement before he died.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, SleepDeprived said:

So, legit, HVFF Atlanta was an OTA con. Like, it was an OTA con for real, let no one tell you any differently.

It really really was! I'm so glad you had a wonderful time as I did!

And Oh my god I loved your writeup - totally way more colorful than mine I love it! I, too, can confirm everything you said to be true. Emily really is just as radiant and full of life in real person as she is on screen, David's arms can really crush you...  Did you also feel Stephen's lack of energy on Saturday as I did? I was wondering if it's just me or if it's in general. He really shouldn't have done the wrestling thing the night before :p He was wayyy more playful on Sunday though. That man... He is so gorgeous oh my god. They're all gorgeous they don't even feel real.

• Love 8

Wendy Mericle retweeted an RT of this guest column. It's from the show runner of Grey's Anatomy. 

There's a paragraph here that made me wonder about what Wendy has seen or has had to do ...

When my powerful male showrunner asked me in front of a room full of male colleagues whether or not I was good in bed, I went on to invite him to my wedding. We kept in touch. I signed emails to him with x's and o's. Why? Because when women are dealing with powerful men who they know to be abusive, the first instinct, often, is to keep them on our sides. The first instinct, often, is to play nice, and to get along. And too often our instinct is to minimize the abuse we've experienced and our trauma around it by focusing on the positive attributes of our abusers. And yes, abusers often have positive attributes too because humanity is full of contradictions.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, WindofChange said:

It really really was! I'm so glad you had a wonderful time as I did!

And Oh my god I loved your writeup - totally way more colorful than mine I love it! I, too, can confirm everything you said to be true. Emily really is just as radiant and full of life in real person as she is on screen, David's arms can really crush you...  Did you also feel Stephen's lack of energy on Saturday as I did? I was wondering if it's just me or if it's in general. He really shouldn't have done the wrestling thing the night before :p He was wayyy more playful on Sunday though. That man... He is so gorgeous oh my god. They're all gorgeous they don't even feel real.

Full disclosure: Apart from my OTA/Olicity ops, I ignored Stephen all throughout Saturday. Haha! He just wasn't my main priority in attending the con (Emily and David were) so I wouldn't really be able to confirm whether Stephen was less enthusiastic on Saturday than Sunday. I actually wasn't even going to get Stephen's auto at all until I decided I wanted an OTA auto pic so I went and got to him before they whisked him away for ops on Sunday. He was very nice at the booth and yes, he really does look incredibly attractive up close. I tried to get him to give me a little spoiler but he was like "Nope. Not getting anything out of me." Not even when I told him that I absolutely would not tell anyone on Twitter about it 'cause I didn't have an account and the dude just laughed. Like, do I not look trustworthy to you, Stephen? I mean, of course, I would've told everyone here if he gave me a good spoiler but I was telling the truth about my lack of social media! Lol.

I will say that while he was pretty nice during my ops on Saturday (he was actually the one that chose which pose to do for the Olicity op from the 3 choices that I provided to them), on Sunday, he seemed more chatty 'cause I could hear him commenting on some of the poses people in line would ask for, including mine. They actually didn't do the actual pose I asked for and I think he heard my sister say that they didn't do it, so he shouted "That's one version of it!" as we were on our way out of the room. Heh.

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, SleepDeprived said:

he seemed more chatty 'cause I could hear him commenting on some of the poses people in line would ask for, including mine. They actually didn't do the actual pose I asked for and I think he heard my sister say that they didn't do it, so he shouted "That's one version of it!" as we were on our way out of the room. Heh.

What were his comments about the poses? What choices did you offer him and Emily? You said he decided on your photo. With the others, while you were in line, who made the final decision, him, Emily or both? I'm thoroughly enjoying your and @WindofChange's writeups! 

1 hour ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

What were his comments about the poses? What choices did you offer him and Emily? You said he decided on your photo. With the others, while you were in line, who made the final decision, him, Emily or both? I'm thoroughly enjoying your and @WindofChange's writeups! 

His comments about the poses of other people? I could hear Stephen's voice when I got close enough to the room, while in line, and it was very mundane stuff about liking what they brought (some people had props) and how it'll look good and stuff like that. He was just kinda chatty and I heard a lot of laughing between him and Emily, and Emily's friends who were there.

So, last Saturday, my sister asked them ('cause I went mute) to choose 1 out of these 3 Mulder/Scully poses and he pointed to the first one and said "We'll do this one."
P80A4v7.jpg

Then last Sunday, I asked both of them to recreate this:
Db61rWU.jpg?2

It looked like they were about to do it but then Emily leaned back and he dipped her, instead. :)

As far as who made the decisions on their final Olicity poses--from what I could see on both days, it was a mix between the people in line immediately going to where they wanted to be in the op (the huggy/standing beside them pose), people giving them props to use and them choosing how to pose, Stephen sorta pulling Emily, who had been dancing around, then positioning her, or Emily and Stephen doing whatever they wanted (which happened in my op). Lol.

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, SleepDeprived said:

As far as who made the decisions on their final Olicity poses--from what I could see on both days, it was a mix between the people in line immediately going to where they wanted to be in the op (the huggy/standing beside them pose), people giving them props to use and them choosing how to pose, Stephen sorta pulling Emily, who had been dancing around, then positioning her, or Emily and Stephen doing whatever they wanted (which happened in my op). Lol.

When I showed Stephen my pic (which I'll post here later) I told him that he didn't have to, but he he legit looked determined to do it and seemed very enthusiastic about it. 

I know there are haters who say they feel bad for actors putting them in this position and making them feel uncomfortable but actors have every right to say NO if they ever feel that way and it'd be no harm no foul. Clearly Stephen/Emily didn't feel uncomfortable with the poses they did this past weekend. It actually looked like they were having loads of fun with how much they were laughing and goofing off in between ops.

Edited by WindofChange
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Just curious is it usual in fandom to have two actors who are so easy going about doing poses for fans and have joint photo ops?

Is it a pretty normal thing these days or are we really lucky SA and EBR are both agreeable to it?

Count me as among the curious, too.

Also, Stephen is on record saying he hates photoshoots, though I guess he means the posed ones for magazines. But maybe if Emily was his partner it wouldn't be so bad? I'm just pissed that it's Season 6 and we still haven't gotten even 1 Olicity photoshoot.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Just curious is it usual in fandom to have two actors who are so easy going about doing poses for fans and have joint photo ops?

Is it a pretty normal thing these days or are we really lucky SA and EBR are both agreeable to it?

I think with SA/EBR in particular what makes them so agreeable to it is how close they are. They've stated a couple of times at HVFF ATL how they're best friends and spend a lot of their free time together. Add to the fact that they are people who don't get embarrassed easily and don't have a lot of boundaries (as per EBRs words from an interview a couple of years ago), it makes them a lot more willing to do the crazier poses. They sort of remind me of Dave Duchovny and Gillian Anderson in that sense.

I personally can't see actors like Candice/Grant or Stephen/Katie etc. do it though...

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I've seen one, but even they didn't go as far as SA and EBR go with them like with kisses and blatant ship poses and face touching or anything. Boundaries seem to be gone for SA and EBR.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, WindofChange said:

I think with SA/EBR in particular what makes them so agreeable to it is how close they are. They've stated a couple of times at HVFF ATL how they're best friends and spend a lot of their free time together. Add to the fact that they are people who don't get embarrassed easily and don't have a lot of boundaries (as per EBRs words from an interview a couple of years ago), it makes them a lot more willing to do the crazier poses. They sort of remind me of Dave Duchovny and Gillian Anderson in that sense.

This is exactly why I wanted them to try and do a Mulder and Scully-like photoshoot, dude! They just sorta remind me of my OG OTP.

But, yes, Stephen and Emily were very easygoing and having lots of fun during their ops. Actually, the OTA ops went the same way and all three of them seemed absolutely comfortable around each other, just laughing and talking in-between ops. They didn't look uncomfortable or weirded out by anything the fans asked of them and would just graciously agree to poses that the people in line asked for. All three of them seemed like they were having a blast. It was actually the fans who looked more nervous/jittery/unsure of what was happening in their lives while in line. Or maybe that was just me.

• Love 14

We are definitely blessed to have Stephen/Emily play our OTP. They clearly support and have the utmost respect for one another. Not only that but the fact that they began each day of the con with a hug, ended their panel with a hug, and ended their weekend before they had to leave with a hug showed me that they genuinely brighten up and enjoy being around one another. 

It's this sort of enthusiasm about being around one another that I don't see between other actors. Maybe this is why Olicity remains to be one of the most talked about/popular aspects of DCTV.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, SleepDeprived said:

It was actually the fans who looked more nervous/jittery/unsure of what was happening in their lives while in line. Or maybe that was just me.

Oh my god, this was me! I was totally nervous asking for my pose LOL! It's just strange to ask for stuff like that but I'm glad I did. The photo I ended up with is very very very sweet. What actually made me more nervous than anything was the audience in the op area. But Carina/Jarett ect. were doing their own thing so that put me at ease a bit!

2 minutes ago, SleepDeprived said:

This is exactly why I wanted them to try and do a Mulder and Scully-like photoshoot, dude! They just sorta remind me of my OG OTP.

I think they're legit the only comparable OTPs! We're so blessed :'

• Love 6

T3 Athletics
6 hrs ago
When you don’t have a ship or a bus, you steer a #bosu. @PaulBlackthorne making it look painfully fun(?) & waking up Zoe in the wheel/mic drop process. The “I’m @thenotoriousmma Conor McGregor” #inspiration warrior cry....Stuff of legends. I love this bloody pirate.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

The only other cast I've seen be close like this at photo ops is the Being Human US cast. I went to a con once where they were kissing fans, kissing each other, doing crazy poses every time, etc. I didn't even watch the show and I was tempted to get one! I've heard that the Supernatural guys really get into it too. But yeah, I think it's a rarity for TV casts to be this close and open to goofing around with fans. So happy your experiences were awesome, @WindofChange and @SleepDeprived! Thanks for sharing.

I personally can't see actors like Candice/Grant or Stephen/Katie etc. do it though...

There really wasn't any reason to bring them up, especially the former. 

The difference between David/Gillian is that it's pretty much how they've been for two decades. With S/E they've always been friendly but the recent onslaught screams publicity. 

4 minutes ago, wingster55 said:

The difference between David/Gillian is that it's pretty much how they've been for two decades. With S/E they've always been friendly but the recent onslaught screams publicity. 

Publicity for what? 

11 minutes ago, wingster55 said:

Not really considering they've always been like this like in HVFF London earlier this year and COH2 last year not to mention you can tell BTS wise that they've always been this close... Imo if you consider this an 'onslaught' then you likely weren't really paying attention before. And the network can't force actors to do cons so I doubt it's publicity. 

11 minutes ago, wingster55 said:

I wanted a comparison that people on this board could relate to. It's not like I'm wrong.

Edited by WindofChange
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, wingster55 said:

A comparison was being made between actors playing on-screen couples, so I think those are the other logical pairings to bring up.

David/Gillian weren't close off-screen while they were filming the show. There were rumors about how they didn't get along because of the pay discrepancy and how he didn't support her efforts to fix it. So I'm not sure what you mean about "how they've been for two decades" 

• Love 4

For the show. To me the videos of them working out etc came out of nowhere in the back end of season 5. Just my thought.

I wanted a comparison that people on this board could relate to. It's not like I'm wrong.

No mention of any couples on SG or LOT though? 

Edited by wingster55
18 minutes ago, wingster55 said:

For the show. To me the videos of them working out etc came out of nowhere in the back end of season 5. Just my thought.

IMO, those videos came out of two things ... for most if not all of that week, EBR & SA had the same schedule because they were filming 520 and so their workouts synced up. Second, yeah, I think there was definitely a "let's get some buzz going" aspect to it. But considering how narrow that audience who follows social media is compared with the general viewership, I think of it as just a nice gift for fans, not real impactful publicity. I don't know that I would consider the con stuff as publicity. It's not like it gets reported by mainstream media sites. I could be totally wrong.

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
Fixed typos
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

IMO, those videos came out of two things ... for most if not all of that week, EBR & SA had the same schedule because they were filming 520 and so their workouts synced up. Second, yeah, I think there was definitely a "let's get some buzz going" aspect to it. But considering how narrow that audience who follows social media is compared with the general viewership, I think of it as just a nice gift for fans, not real impactful publicity. I don't know that I would consider the con stuff as publicity. It's not like it gets reported by mainstream media sites. I could be totally wrong.

I did see it on some twitter accounts (Just Jared Jr I think). And yea, it was primarily on the interwebz, but isn't that how most CW shows get their buzz these days?

7 minutes ago, wingster55 said:

And yea, it was primarily on the interwebz, but isn't that how most CW shows get their buzz these days?

Then I guess all of EBR's friends and SA's wife and his business partner are all in it to create buzz for the show too.

Edited by lemotomato

Were they all posting workout videos too?

You've been saying the EBR and SA's sudden closeness is all for the show. I'm pointing out that it's not, since they've also been hanging out together off screen along with their respective friends and family. 

Edited by lemotomato
1 minute ago, lemotomato said:

You've been saying the EBR and SA's sudden closeness is all for the show. I'm pointing out that it's not, since they've also been hanging out together off screen along with their respective friends and family. 

No, I'm saying the frequent messages and videos etc are the publicity attempt. 

I never said that they weren't' friends....ok I said "friendly" but I meant friends.

I never said that they weren't' friends....ok I said "friendly" but I meant friends.

You really weren't specific in your initial post (and you were commenting about photo ops), so it wasn't clear what you meant.

1 hour ago, wingster55 said:

5 minutes ago, wingster55 said:

So what? Doesn't change that they're close to the point where they're comfortable enough to do photo ops like they did last weekend. And again, they've been doing this since COH2 of last year. So this must be a really long publicity stunt.

• Love 1

You really weren't specific in your initial post (and you were commenting about photo ops), so it wasn't clear what you meant.

Fair enough. Re: photo ops imo those were for publicity too. They had time to take a bunch of pictures by themselves? 

22 minutes ago, wingster55 said:

Re: photo ops imo those were for publicity too. They had time to take a bunch of pictures by themselves? 

The Atlanta HVFF Con pictures? AFAIK, those pics were from generous fans who stood in such a way to crop themselves out of the photos. Those fans are the true heroes of the Con!

I agree that the work out videos are basically commercials for their trainers. I've seen them with SA's wife and other cast, too. Frankly, they work because I wish I had the $$ to get a trainer for more than the 6 sessions I can usually afford, lol. 

• Love 9
30 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

Frankly, they work because I wish I had the $$ to get a trainer for more than the 6 sessions I can usually afford, lol. 

They do make me want to go to Thomas for training, he makes it look like fun. Or maybe it's EBR who makes it look like fun. She goes through these insane moves and still has the energy to bop along to the music or laugh that infectious laugh of hers.

• Love 8

Agreed about the training videos, good publicity for T3 and he may be giving the studio a discount in exchange.

I've been doing the free weight arm exercises since JH posted them this summer.

2 hours ago, wingster55 said:

No mention of any couples on SG or LOT though? 

There isn't an established 'ship for LoT unless you count Amaya/Nate and they're not together at the moment.  Ditto Kara/Mon El and if the show posted vids of Melissa and Chris working out with each other, it would be confirmation that Karamel is endgame on the show and I doubt the EPs want to do that.  (Also since Melissa left her husband for Chris, I'd really rather not sees videos of them together.)

1 hour ago, wingster55 said:

Fair enough. Re: photo ops imo those were for publicity too. They had time to take a bunch of pictures by themselves? 

I'm so confused by why this is an issue. PR and actual friendship are not mutually exclusive things in the acting world. SA and EBR and DR seem pretty obviously good friends.

• Love 12