Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E25: Abby vs. Kira

• Start Topic

The moms push Abby for more dance classes after losing two competitions in a row. When Abby refuses to take responsibility for the girls' lack of training, Kira takes matters into her own hands and brings in outside help, which infuriates Abby. Meanwhile, Abby pressures Maddie to regain her standing as ALDC's top dancer.

after that shot of Abby in her bra, I can't tell who production hates more: Abby or the audience.

Gianna is starting to resemble Abby.

Maddie's behavior makes it hard to have sympathy for her. Good job, Sia.

I don't have words for that.  I couldn't figure out why her bra was showing and then did you hear someone say not to have a camera on her? 

(edited)

I think much about this episode was staged, but yikes.  Shot of Abby in her bra?  Abby treating a reputable choreographer horribly?  Please tell me the last part was staged because Tessandra Chavez isn't an unknown.  I guess anyone who is anyone should know what they are getting into when agreeing to come anywhere near the Dance Moms set, but just this week alone Tessandra worked on the Janet Jackson tribute number on the BET Awards.   But by all means, alienate people that are actually capable of getting your kids jobs down the line.  

Oh, and Gianna is awful.  I might dislike mini Abby more than actual Abby.  I want to punch her in her smug little Abby face.

Also Melissa, if you want Maddie to continue to be an employable dancer/performer, get her off this show.  Having her portrayed as a brat is not helping her future prospects.

Even if staged, I did get some joy out of Nia beating Kendall.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 5

Abby doesn't even make sense anymore: "Maddie you made the studio look bad by finishing second."  Um, the studio looked great because it won first, second, and third.  And hasn't she spent the last 5 seasons complaining about girls skipping class?

I was multitasking when this was on, why exactly was Abby in her bra!? I don't know what I missed but I half expected Jerry springer to show up.

I have tried so hard to remember Maddie is a child and I shouldn't hate children, but she is making it really hard with her smug "I'm Maddie Ziegler" attitude. I know people are going to say it's producer driven, and I hope that's true because if it's not she had become quite an unpleasant little girl. I totally get that everyone has bad days and say or do things the maybe shouldn't, and I've given Maddie a lot of slack, but she's becoming just as delusional as Abby. I really hate myself for saying that about a 12 year old. Ps what was that creepy smile Abby had when she was hugging Maddie?

And complete and utter shoulder high bs that abby didn't know who Tassandra was, I'm pretty sure she was on both seasons of Abby's ultimate dance competition (I'm not surely be she wasn't on the first season I don't remember), but you mean to tell me that abby allowed some nobody choreographer to be on her show?

This show is so far beyond jumping the shark, I can't even think of a good metaphor.

• Love 2

I was multitasking when this was on, why exactly was Abby in her bra!? I don't know what I missed but I half expected Jerry springer to show up.

I have tried so hard to remember Maddie is a child and I shouldn't hate children, but she is making it really hard with her smug "I'm Maddie Ziegler" attitude. I know people are going to say it's producer driven, and I hope that's true because if it's not she had become quite an unpleasant little girl. I totally get that everyone has bad days and say or do things the maybe shouldn't, and I've given Maddie a lot of slack, but she's becoming just as delusional as Abby. I really hate myself for saying that about a 12 year old. Ps what was that creepy smile Abby had when she was hugging Maddie?

And complete and utter shoulder high bs that abby didn't know who Tassandra was, I'm pretty sure she was on both seasons of Abby's ultimate dance competition (I'm not surely be she wasn't on the first season I don't remember), but you mean to tell me that abby allowed some nobody choreographer to be on her show?

This show is so far beyond jumping the shark, I can't even think of a good metaphor.

She was the supervising choreographer of Season 2 

• Love 1

That was an awful and unpleasant episode.

Haha, Abby's dig at Gia. Never liked her neither. She always rubbed me the wrong way and looks like a haggard stuck up bitch.

Then telling JoJo, Nia, and Kalani to "Ugh, get away from me"  while she hugged Ziegler girls and Kendall. What a cruel bitch!

Tired of Maddie and her smug and arrogant attitude. Pretty obvious she's over this show.

Abby letting the cameras see her in her bra with her boobs nearly hanging out. Wtf?

Hot mess......

(edited)

Am I the only one who wants to call CPS on Abby?  That, or I want to right hook her, but, violence is not good in front of the children.  My teen drives me crazy and I sometimes dream a divorce, quiet me time lol/jk (I keep lab, he gets her) but I'd never send her to someone like Abby.  

What does she pay that assistant?  She did speak more than 2 words tonight.  Abby was too distracted to tell her to not speak.  

I would spike Abby's water with huge amounts of bowel softener.  

Abby's boobs?  Thank you producers.  I have a reunion to go to in 4 weeks, I will think of that shot when I want to eat cheese.  

I agree, when is this show jumping the shark?  I smell chub in the ocean.  Abby, get out of the ocean.  No wait, off the coast of cali, lots of shark sightings lately.  Stay there.  "Peace out"

Edited by Lablover27

Hi everyone! I recently joined this forum and what timing for my second post! (My first was in the We Get to Be the Judges thread). Seems like I'm always late to the party and this episode proved just that. I've joined the forum to post on a show that more and more appears to be on it's last legs. The edits that they have been giving Abby lately seems to show that they are done with her and not trying to cover her crazy anymore.  I suspect they are taking pleasure in trying to poke the Abby bear in the process. What a hot mess in that bra! That can not be unseen unfortunately. I recall reading somewhere, perhaps even on this forum(?),  that when Abby wants them to quit shooting she takes off her shirt forcing them to stop. If true I wonder if that is what happened here but her tactic obviously didn't work. Otherwise the only other explanation is that the rumours I've heard on Twitter are true and that's just Abby's or production's spin on the top shedding. Not sure what the rules are on rumours, most likely don't belong on this thread, so I won't say anymore other than I had heard about this fight a little while ago and it certainly proved to be just as crazy as it was said it would be.

Can't stand Abby and her mini-me Gianna with their crocodile tears. Any decent teacher and choreographer knows that dancers need to keep up with their training. We've heard Abby state that Maddie's training was suffering from all the Sia distractions and it was showing in her dancing. Now she seems to have conveniently forgotten that fact with her own distractions. Plus decent teachers know that students will grow when being exposed to other teachers and their style of teaching. Variety is good. How does she think that her dancers will grow when all they do is the same choreography dance after dance and only learning from her style of teaching? There are so many excellent choreographers in LA and Abby you're not one of them! There are lots of things that I don't agree with the moms on but I totally agree with the fact that they are in LA and if the girls want to get exposure in the LA dance world then they need the exposure to different choreographers. Abby just proved once again that she's only looking out for herself when she chased that opportunity away. Either Abby has suddenly forgotten all of that or the producers have just stirred up more drama once again. So sick of this yet somehow I still can't quit this train wreck of a show.

• Love 3

Well if there was any question that this show has jumped shark...last night made that loud and clear. 

The issue with Tassandra was awkward; even knowing it was producer driven, I just don't get why Tassandra would waste her time? Like, girl, Abby is a has been...you're not, stay far far away!

I side with Kira on both her treatment of Kalani and wanting the kids to be in classes. I did not miss her emphasis in her interview when she said Kalani wanted to work in the REAL dance industry. 

Honestly, I don't know why any of them stay at this point. And no words for Maddie---the producers are clearly not her friend right now. 

(edited)

Did I hear correctly that Mackenzie got a job on a Nickelodeon show?  If true, thank heavens she'll spend less time around Abby!  I bet Maddie is seething with jealousy over that.

Abby is beyond delusional at this point.  I am not involved in the dance world, but I'm positive most studios would be thrilled to have guest choreographers/teachers do special classes.  Jeez, Abby brought in that Michael Jackson choreographer just an episode ago!  Also, what's her BS about the girls should know how to train themselves?  Any dancer (or musician, actor, mechanic...) needs to constantly be training and learning new things to stay relevant.  She used to bitch in the early seasons that the non-Ziegler girls weren't as dedicated b/c they didn't take extra classes or attend her intense camps (mostly b/c the non-Ziegler's were wasting their time in school).  Now she thinks these girls should have received all their technique and dancing training necessary for the rest of their lives?  All she wants is to show up at competitions and expect to win 1st place every time?  And that sour puss Gianna can go jump in front of a bus.  She is a miserable looking person and her transformation into Abby Jr. is just about complete.  All she needs is a few more pounds and the hair bump and tah-dah!

As for the whole LA thing- please tell me these idiot fame whore moms are just temporarily relocated to LA for filming this show.  That in itself is stupid enough.  What about school? Or their other kids or spouses? What kind of money is this show throwing at these women that they can afford to be bi-coastal?  Lord knows the nails, hair, makeup and wardrobe budgets for these moms is over the top. 

Edited by BusyOctober
  • Love 3

Sigh. Oh, Kira... Overjealous? Seriously?

I can't say Gianna has gotten as bad as Abby since at least she hasn't yet told a mom to go to hell and take her daughter with her. But give her a few years at the rate she's going. Does she really think harping at Kendall about her feet constitutes adequate training?

This show's getting increasingly uncomfortable to watch, seeing both Abby and Maddie spiraling into nervous breakdowns. Melissa needs to step in now, but she's too afraid of losing her status as teacher's pet. Horrible.

• Love 1

OK - I haven't finished watching this episode yet as one minute the context is available - the next minute it isn't - so Lifetime is having some glitches today. Right from the get go - it surprised me that Mac would be gone all week for her 30 second on screen appearance. When I first saw that she was going to be on the show - I thought it was a much bigger role. Now this had to have been staged and the girls had to have pretty much known most of this dance before, because there is no way Mac would be able to learn this in the evening - when Abby was making so many corrections to the better students during the couple of hours they practiced each day.

Gianna is becoming such a b**** and as others have said is no better than Abby. I haven't gotten to the bra part yet or Kira's meltdown so that should be fun. I figure that Kalani will be leaving because the girls are getting to be too old to compete in the junior division without introducing a younger dancer to the group.

Abby's attitude to the other choreographer - really rude. And it hasn't been 2 years yet since Tessandra was on AUDC - Abby said 5. And sorry Abs - most professional dance choreographer are in the background - not front and center promoting themselves.

• Love 1

The show has jumped a sharknado?

That was an awful and unpleasant episode.

Haha, Abby's dig at Gia. Never liked her neither. She always rubbed me the wrong way and looks like a haggard stuck up bitch.

Then telling JoJo, Nia, and Kalani to "Ugh, get away from me"  while she hugged Ziegler girls and Kendall. What a cruel bitch!

Tired of Maddie and her smug and arrogant attitude. Pretty obvious she's over this show.

Abby letting the cameras see her in her bra with her boobs nearly hanging out. Wtf?

Hot mess......

What was her dig at Gia, I must have missed that?

I though Abby refusing to hug Nia, Kalani, and JoJo was just awful.

I don't understand why Abby took her shirt off to go home? Don't most people add clothes when they go outside?

• Love 1
(edited)

I'll just sum it up last night in one word: gruesome.  In the tease for next week, I didn't see Kira among the moms. Hopefully she took Kalani and hightailed it back to Arizona.  Abby's screaming at her about who she was sleeping with was the height of hypocrisy. Didn't your hand maiden Melissa have an affair while she was married?  Oh wait, Melissa and "boyfriend" bailed Abby out of a financial hole.  Guess the old saying "money talks, bullshit walks" is true.  The producers are doing Maddie no favors at his point.  They are framing her as entitled, a poor sport and, at times, a bit arrogant.  Not charming in a 12 year old and not a good omen for things to come.  Abby clumping around in her bra?  It may take years to erase that image from my mind.  I couldn't quite get what the production hack was saying when that happened but I assume it was something about shutting the cameras down.  When Abby was sitting there curling her lip and quivering, after Kira let her have it, she looked like a CGI character from a Lord of the Rings or Star Wars movie.  Notice how idiot Jill had to shoo the girls over to comfort Jabba the Hut.  Nothing like heartfelt spontaneity, eh?

Edited by cali1981
  • Love 2
(edited)

I've heard rumors that there was an actual physical altercation between Abby and Kira, hence the weird editing, but I have no idea how much truth there was to any of it.  As it is, I don't get why Abby came after Kira over sleeping with her boyfriend despite not being married?  Is this 1952?  Does she think the majority of people in adult relationships wait until married?  Plus you know, glass houses considering the Melissa situation.

I also buy that Kalani is less interested in being a popstar or an actor than the other girls and that her dream is really just to be a working dancer, but if that's the case than why did Kira put Kalani on Dance Moms in the first place.  If you know that Abby's world isn't real, then why subject Kalani to all of it.

Edited by spanana

I enjoyed Kira's rant and absolutely loved that she told Abby-- and Melissa-- in her place.  And to melissa being upset that Abby was treating "the girls" unfairly?  That shows favoritism on Melissa's part-- when Abby yells or puts down McKenzie, its "Abby knows best" but when she does the same to maddie?  You could see her almost in tears (Melissa, that is).

Abby has never been good at confrontation.  Back on the first Dance Moms episode ever, someone confronted her and Abby was running away frightened.  Any time anyone confronts Abby, she runs away.  I wonder why or where that came from?

(edited)

"I'm Maddie Ziegler, and I'm a perfectionist?"  What an arrogant, entitled brat she has become.  I was hoping to see a Nia eye roll when the perfect Ms. Ziegler made her comments. 

Dancers, athletes, musicians, they all have to keep up their training regularly or the performance deteriorates. It doesn't look they have any classes at all. They only seem to dance when learning a routine or performing it at a competition.

Lastly, Abby's new studio isn't making any progress. I'll bet it is just an unfinished space the show is renting short term.

Edited by lonestar
  • Love 1

Abby has never been good at confrontation.  Back on the first Dance Moms episode ever, someone confronted her and Abby was running away frightened.  Any time anyone confronts Abby, she runs away.  I wonder why or where that came from?

Abby's a bully  Bullies run away when the people they are picking on stand up to them.  That is what TV taught me anyway.

"I'm Maddie Ziegler, and I'm a perfectionist?"  What an arrogant, entitled brat she has become.  I was hoping to see a Nia eye roll when the perfect Ms. Ziegler made her comments. 

Dancers, athletes, musicians, they all have to keep up train regularly or the performance deteriorates. It doesn't look they have any classes at all. They only seem to dance when learning a routine or performing it at a competition.

Lastly, Abby's new studio isn't making any progress. I'll bet it is just an unfinished space the show is renting short term.

It does sound very diva like to announce her name like that.  But I think what she really meant was, "Kendall you losing is no big deal because it happens all the time and Abby won't care as much. I usually win."  Which is actually true, but a much meaner way to make her point.

• Love 1

That's the part the makes me worry about Maddie. She's a good little dancer, but she's never going to be perfect and there are going to be plenty of times in the future when she doesn't get first place, whether that's in a dance competition, an acting audition, or a promotion in an office job. If she loses her shit now because she came in 2nd or 3rd and the people surrounding her are telling her that she's a failure because of it, how is she going to handle it when she's 18? 20? 35?

Honestly when Maddie said "I'm Maddie Ziegler, and I'm a perfectionist" the "I'm a perfectionist" part seemed like she added it as an afterthought so as not to seem as stuck up.  When she is no longer part of the Abby Lee Dance Company and has to do things on her own, she is going to be very, very disappointed in the dance world because she'll be a nobody who has to prove herself just like every other dancer has to.  Either that, or she'll be the next Gianna, working for abby.

• Love 2

Back to catching up as I just finished watching it. The Kira and Abby fight was awesome and I'm glad that Kira called Melissa out as well as Abby. Kalani is a beautiful girl and dancer. She seems to have a good heart and shouldn't be subjected to this. Fifteen minutes of fame can act adversely if your true dream is dancing professionally and not to be the next Britney Spears.

I loved that Maddie was taken down a peg. She's learning hopefully that even though you're America's sweetheart due to the Sia videos = when you compete - most judges throw that aside and judge you as an equal. Abby says she prepares these girls - I'd say not very well. No real dance teacher would walk out on their team in a competition. And if Abby thinks that mothers of prospective student will view this kindly = she's wrong.

I had 2 boys so I have no idea what girls' moms would say when it comes to dance. But as a mom - I considered my son's coaches or teachers - not so much in whether they won or lost - but whether they instilled confidence, fair play and giving it your all. A win is never guaranteed, especially in dance as a teacher can tilt the scales with more experienced dancers and just a couple of younger ones to make them qualify for a certain age group and all judges are different. Some will give brownie points to boys - some judges will look more for technique - others for context of the dance and still others for a combination. Some like modern, some jazz, some lyrical. We've seen upsets through out the years for any art or sporting competition that is judged - rather than scored as in bases, touchdowns and strikes.

The part with Abby in her bra - I am sure she was doing the quick change thing and didn't expect the cameras to be there - but given her obvious dislike for production and her swelled head - she should realize that the only one that can protect yourself is you and was stupid to set foot outside a door like that. Whether you're Abby Lee Miller or Britney Spears or Shia LaBouf - the media is there to make money - anyway they can - pick through your garbage, be waiting outside a club to watch you stumbling out or taping in a hallway. Again, Abby has created her own problems with letting this whole thing go to her head.  She is not and will never be a Travis Paine or Michael Bennet.

Who I felt really bad for again is Nia. She's trying to explain what the moms mean and feel and is given the brushoff. Of anyone - I hope Nia can ride this thing to the top. I may not have felt that it was in Holly's best interest to stay here and have questioned her loyalties this season - but her daughter has not only improved so much through the years but conducts herself with respect. I can't tell you how much I enjoy her. In the past I felt bad for her as she clearly was far behind many of the others and yes - I thought they threw her in as the token black - but her growth and maturity amazes me and I can't picture the group without her.

• Love 5

What a hot mess and it made my girl Kalani cry.  Grrrrrrr.

I just don't know what else to say except I was bummed that we didn't really get Tessandra, and the mom's have the right of this, these kids need tech classes in ballet, stretching/Pilates, leaps and turns and whatever all else (Jazz, Contermporary, and Tap)  It sounds like some of them are going to class here and there, but a structured schedule would be helpful.  Abby just came off as nuts trying to justify the lack of classes after she (rightfully) used to stress tech classes back in Pittsburgh.

• Love 1

gim - made me remember a couple of points! I laughed when Jill told Kira that they're part of the group - not so many weeks ago - she was complaining that Kalani got a solo when they were never on time and begged their way back into he studio after leaving. Jill is the type of person who would throw their own mom under the bus. People may not have liked Christie and Kelly - but when they said something they meant it - didn't apologize for it  - and didn't back track. Jill has trashed Lira and Kalani plenty and we would have seen much more if Kalani did indeed aspire to be a triple threat.

Abby calling out Kira for sleeping with a guy she's not married to - not only was Melissa messing with her boss before his divorce but she and the kids were also living with him before they were married. Now this is not a big deal to me - it's 2015 and the way things are these days but don't imply someone else is not a good mother because of it. Bringing us to Abby, who was dating a guy supposedly 14 yrs her junior and active in the gay community - and she wants to point fingers as what's moral!

• Love 2
(edited)

Back to catching up as I just finished watching it. The Kira and Abby fight was awesome and I'm glad that Kira called Melissa out as well as Abby. Kalani is a beautiful girl and dancer. She seems to have a good heart and shouldn't be subjected to this. Fifteen minutes of fame can act adversely if your true dream is dancing professionally and not to be the next Britney Spears.

Kalani, like Nia, appears to be a very solid and generous young lady.  The pep talk that she gave to Nia before she went onstage for her solo was just plain wonderful.  Whatever Kira is or isn't, her daughter is a product of her being a very good mother, unlike Abby's ass kisser Melissa who I would let raise my pet turtle.

Edited by cali1981
  • Like 1
  • Love 5

Watch the clip where they announce third for Maddie, there's a girl sitting behind her that has the funniest reaction. 

I kind of thought Abby took her top off so they couldn't/wouldn't film her? I mean, a producer or someone said take the cameras off. 

Melissa was just a much a part of the hiring the outside choreographer but she's the teacher's pet that wouldn't own up to her opinions when confronted. 

Going out of your way to show that you, an adult, are excluding children makes you a terrible person and unworthy of being a teacher of any kind. Was Abby ever good? Or did the show really go to her head and make her this way?  I feel like normal people would not subject their children to her without the fame aspect. Or maybe she is so uninvolved in teaching because she has enough other teachers at the studio so most kids don't have to deal with her? 

And pretending not to know this other choreographer, who has worked with her? Lame. 

I would love to get commentary of each episode from the mom's after they are no longer part of the show or bound by any contract. Or maybe the girls when they're proper snarky adults. 

• Like 1
(edited)
Abby calling out Kira for sleeping with a guy she's not married to - not only was Melissa messing with her boss before his divorce but she and the kids were also living with him before they were married.

Word.  I actually howled when I heard that remark to Kira.  Of course, Melissa's squeeze was forking over the dough to get Abbs out of financial trouble so all can be forgiven.  

That was a disturbing episode.  From Abby in her bra to sweet Kalani crying, it was all very uncomfortable.  Personally, I thought it was good for Maddie to come in third.  These girls are swimming in a big pond now so the first place wins might not come all that easily and the judges might not be so quick to be dazzled by the greatness that is Maddie.

Don't most people add clothes when they go outside?

Well, it is California.  /snerk

Edited by limecoke

I thought it was great that Kira went off on Abby the way she did, and that she made a point to say her daughter wants to work in the real professional dance world.  I think Kira is more realistic when it comes to these things because  Kalani has attended the reputable competitions and conventions, she's assisted the real, working choreographers, and she trains - in her home studio - with some of the best dancers in the country.  So Kira has to be very aware of the fact that Kalani's skills are stagnating while all her friends back home continue to improve.  To be honest I think Gianna and Abby have a little chip on their shoulder because Kalani is clearly the best dancer there (even if you factor in her age) and they know it is not because of anything they've taught her.  

Abby is insane with her logic of the girls not needing classes.  It's almost like... how can you even begin to argue with such stupidity?  

Also, I've always been a Maddie defender... but it's getting harder and harder.  All I can say is, Abby and Melissa are doing that child a huge disservice by not teaching her that it is ok to lose sometimes.   

• Love 1

Abby is insane with her logic of the girls not needing classes.  It's almost like... how can you even begin to argue with such stupidity?  

Yeah, what was that crazy comment about how if they keep working on technique till they're 18 it will be too late? Something like that. Ha!

The only thing I agree with, regarding Abby's comments, is about stretching and flexibility ! You don't need classes to do that, and you have to do it by yourself, everyday, like a pianist has to do his... Wow ! I dunno the word in English ! Gammut ? does that makes sense ?

• Love 3

The only thing I agree with, regarding Abby's comments, is about stretching and flexibility ! You don't need classes to do that, and you have to do it by yourself, everyday, like a pianist has to do his... Wow ! I dunno the word in English ! Gammut ? does that makes sense ?

You are completely correct about this, every dancer should stretch on their own once or twice a day.  It's easy enough to sit in your splits while you watch television of read a book, and it's not hard to work on your oversplit at home either.  Dancers should also be working with a Theraband to add flexibility and strength in their ankles (especially if they are en pointe) and on and on.  I'll say this though, it's the rare extremely committed child that does this regularly, you'll see older dancers do this as they get older to maintain what they have.

A half hour of planks in lyrical class is not a lot of fun either. ;)

• Love 3

So many things in my head that I cannot get them out...

Abby yelling about Tessandra: Does she have a show that's been on for 5 years?  Priceless, Abby you wouldn't have a show if it weren't for those girls.  We watch for the girls not you. 

Abby screwing up her face to cry:  I would love NEVER in a million years had my kid hug her. It was emotional manipulation.  On that note, Melissa was making excuses to Maddie about Abby's behavior; later Kira on the other hand was telling Kalani that Abby's mess was not ok (can't remember exactly what was said).  Kira wins for better parent in my book.  As a matter of fact, when Melissa was talking to Maddie, I looked at my 14 yr old and said, "I will never tell you that an adult behaving that was is ok.  It opens the door for abuse." 

Gianna: I liked her in the beginning.  But I think she's hitched her wagon to the wrong person and becoming a nasty nasty person.

Back to Abby, in the early part of the episode when she was yelling at Maddie and going on and on.  I had flashbacks to how she used to treat Brooke when Maddie was the rising star and Brooke was wanting to be a normal teen.  The big difference is the moms; Melissa sat back and considered that "correction" where as Kelly intervened for her child.

• Love 1

Is it bad that every competition I see I pray that maddie doesn't place?

I used to like Gianna... After thought now

I wish all the girls would walk out and leave abby, maddie, and kinky to fend for themselves, and when they try to get dancers no one applies/ tries out

• Love 1

I used to like Gianna... After thought now

That smug, sarcastic look on Gianna's face, while she was sitting with Abby, was quite surprising and very distasteful.  What the hell happened to her?  Until now, she didn't seem to completely drink the Abby BS Kool-aid.

The thing about Gianna that kills me is that she seems to have 2 very different sides.

When Gianna is filmed with Abby, it's like she's a mini me version of Abby. When Gianna is largely left alone or is filming because Abby is away having a temper tantrum, she seems to take it down a few notches and isn't so bad. 

• Love 1

With ratings like that I imagine we're seeing the last season of the show. I'll probably stick it through to watch this train wreck of a show to the end of the season but after that I'm done whether it comes back or not. 

(edited)

Abby is definitely burning bridges in LA.  Brian Friedman and Gil Duldulao, both huge names in the commercial dance world (working with Janet Jackson, Katy Perry, Nicky Minaj, Britney, Disney, AGT, Award shows, etc.  and the Pulse) posted on their instagrams against Abby, praising Tessandra, and commending Kira for her Abby smackdown.  Abby is going to be one lonely woman once this show goes off the air. 

Edited by sofiah
  • Love 6

I'm only sticking with it so I can see Holly and Nia walk out (which is surely coming at the end of the season).  I'm torn because part of me wants to see Nia flip Abby the bird on her way out, but the other part of me wants her to keep it classy like she always has.

• Love 3
(edited)

The thing is, from what we saw on camera - Tessandra was so incredibly sweet and professional.  She told Abby that the moms called her but that she'd never presume to do anything without speaking to Abby first - and then Abby went all crazy with "not remembering her" (after she'd choreographed for AUDC) and making statements like "you haven't been on tv for five years" bullshit.  That, I am sure is what set Brian and Gil off, it was just so unnecessary and I don't think it can be attributed to production monkeys.  Abby is running into territory where she'll piss off a lot of the convention circuit teachers because they criss-cross all the time, Mia (who is bffs with Brian) has been with The Pulse, she's now with jump, but she's also been with NYCDA.  Most of the Pulse are or have been SYTYCD choreographers, these are folks that you don't want to tick off.  I think they are all above taking it out on the kids at actual conventions and competitions, but they sure as heck aren't going to want to teach for her or do master classes or choreography for her.  They don't need her or her cameras, they are well established.

Abby ran her mouth at DwTS too, I'm not sure what her end game is when she's just nasty to well established professional dancers and teachers that are nationally known.

I suspect that she'll get hungry less established folks teaching for her, people that would like to get to the level of Tessandra and all her well established friends.  They'd be smart to ask Blake first, we know he found the experience a little soul crushing.

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 2

Clearly the producers set the whole Tessandra thing up - even if the Abby pretending she didn't know her/asking her to leave thing was a shock, she still should know what type of franchise she's dealing w/ when she agrees to go towards those Dance Moms cameras. I really don't understand why these people w/ "established names and reputations" in the dance world agree to go on this show. Blake McGrath was on the show too - he choreographed for Candy Apples and IIRC, his choreography lost to the ALDC.

Even if the producers set the whole Tessandra thing up, it still reflects badly on Abby when she tries to discredit these people on television.  Should any reputable choreographer know better than to go anywhere near anything Dance Moms related at this point?  Of course.  But the person that still winds up looking like an idiot is Abby.  And the fact that people like Brian Friedman and others felt the need to come forward to defend Tessandra just means that none of these people will likely ever go near her or her girls again.  I'm sure Abby would say who cares, but the dance world is small and these people work and hire dancers all the time.  Isn't Gil Duldulao doing Janet's recently announced tour?

The DWTS situtation was a little different since most of those pros talked out against Abby before she even showed up to judge them.  They slammed her and her teaching methods and therefore Abby was all defensive when she was on DWTS and tried to play the she didn't care game.  I'm sure she just told herself that her girls don't do ballroom therefore their opinion was irrelvant. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Gil has been doing Janet's tours for years.  I still don't believe any of these people would hold it against the kids, but I wonder how Brian feels about that clip where he featured Maddie's name in the title after this.  (Not sure of the timing of the Tessandra taping and his posting of Maddie in his class.)

The thing about DWTS is that though she didn't directly slam anything beyond what she saw - there are a lot of choreographers that have worked on DWTS doing the featured Macy's dances, like Travis Wall, Dee Caspery, eehhh I'm struggling to remember but some of the same folks we were talking about that are also on the convention circuit, plus Mandy Moore does a lot the group choreography for the bumpers and intro.

eta: about the episode, besides being offended for Tessandra, I'm just disappointed that we didn't get a piece from her. :(

Edited by NextIteration

Somebody want to tell Abby that Tessandra scored an Emmy nom today alongside Derek and Juliane Hough for a piece they choreographed on DWTS?  So storyline manipulated or not, that nobody Abby kicked out of the studio has an Emmy nom for her work and Abby doesn't.

• Love 8