Type keyword(s) to search

Rotting Y&R: The Spoiler Thread

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, miamama said:

How is it that Jack and Vicki are presented as the unreasonable, miserable people while Philly are just trying, you guys?

Jack was being bullied to forgive Billy and leave him alone. Vic doesn't trust Billy. So Philly fuck again. Makes sense. I'm sure Vic will be even more turned on now watching Billy torn between her and a psycho. 

9 minutes ago, miamama said:

Mal and his Philly romcom hour won out. And it's an affirmation that show sees soap viewers as stupid wimmens who just want to see pretend sex onscreen. 

Sex is all Philly had. They know that's what the stans want. Why not have Philly discuss their feelings and try to talk to Jack/Vic as adults? Nope! Gotta have those forbidden sex scenes like they've never had sex before again!

• Love 9
48 minutes ago, miamama said:

There was NO reason to have them fuck again. 

Agreed.  Unless they do their muskrat love imitation in the street outside Rexx Rugs, where they get run over and parallel parked on by some day player, NOT Jack, not Vic, just some random character who then just complains about some trash gumming up his tires.

This time I want Jack to ignore it, not give a shit - though if he wants to throw it back in Ashley or Traci's - or, for that matter, Victoria's face, that's fine too.

• Love 19
2 hours ago, boes said:

Agreed.  Unless they do their muskrat love imitation in the street outside Rexx Rugs, where they get run over and parallel parked on by some day player, NOT Jack, not Vic, just some random character who then just complains about some trash gumming up his tires.

This time I want Jack to ignore it, not give a shit - though if he wants to throw it back in Ashley or Traci's - or, for that matter, Victoria's face, that's fine too.

I feel the same way. Why do Ashley and Traci get to ream Jack about the importance of FAMILY but Buttbiscuit fucks Jack's wife and he gets a pass. I agree with you boes, I hope Jack cuts his brother and Phyllis dead every time he sees them.

• Love 14
12 hours ago, miamama said:

It wasn't "beyond obvious" to me because 1. I believed Sally and 2. It's Pratt-level stupid.

I thought show would actually let the new HW write character-driven organic, story again.

Wrong on all counts.

I totally understand that. At first I didn't think it was going to happen either but then the signs that couldn't be ignored started to happen. Philly started running into each other more and more. Villy were getting closer (the kiss) and then Phyllis out of nowhere is dreaming of him. Also Billy seems to want his life back with Victoria. His scenes with Phyllis are more on the friends side these days. He doesn't want her regretting them but that old school longing has transferred from Phyllis onto Victoria, which means drama with Villy will occur to push him to Phyllis despite the fact his heart isn't 100% in it. Therefore -- triangle.

I agree it is bullshit but it seems they feel the story needed closure. Let them have it. No doubt lots of Abbott drama is to come.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, TwistedSoul7 said:

I totally understand that. At first I didn't think it was going to happen either but then the signs that couldn't be ignored started to happen. Philly started running into each other more and more. Villy were getting closer (the kiss) and then Phyllis out of nowhere is dreaming of him. Also Billy seems to want his life back with Victoria. His scenes with Phyllis are more on the friends side these days. He doesn't want her regretting them but that old school longing has transferred from Phyllis onto Victoria, which means drama with Villy will occur to push him to Phyllis despite the fact his heart isn't 100% in it. Therefore -- triangle.

I agree it is bullshit but it seems they feel the story needed closure. Let them have it. No doubt lots of Abbott drama is to come.

Do you think it's for closure? I'm afraid Philly is being revived to be dragged on through eternity at the expense of Jack and Victoria (as characters).

I don't trust show or my analysis any more. 

I remember back when I thought Philly were going to be angst for Phack and Villy. That was one year - and many I LUV YOU's between B and P - ago.

• Love 8

Yeah, I think all of this effort to pull Villy together, and Vic seems open, to only have it be foiled again, is ridiculous!  If I am Vic, I am going to say, get out of my life, you fucking loser, once again.  If Billy is this stupid, and he has been stupid before, but he is right now close to something with Vic, he really needs to be kicked to the curb.  Not sure why they want to go this way unless there is some other love interest (Scott?!) for Vic.

• Love 12
21 minutes ago, miamama said:

Do you think it's for closure? I'm afraid Philly is being revived to be dragged on through eternity at the expense of Jack and Victoria (as characters).

I don't trust show or my analysis any more. 

I remember back when I thought Philly were going to be angst for Phack and Villy. That was one year - and many I LUV YOU's between B and P - ago.

I actually do.

I don't think this will end with Philly coming together. I really do think it is a proper closure with no questions left unanswered like it is now. As it stands now they have unresolved feelings. They ended because Phyllis wanted her marriage. Her marriage is over now and she clearly still attracted to him. This will allowed them to silence the "give them their chance" crowd. 

What is different between now and then was Victoria. Back then Villy were at odds. Now they are not. The angst has shifted from Jack to Victoria. The situations are nothing a like. Philly bonded via their hatred of Victor and their anger at Jack. That is not what they have now. Also Billy is already looking elsewhere and it seems the catalyst for them coming together is Phyllis being lonely while learning about Jack/Gloria and having an awkward hook up with Scott while Billy is having some nasty fight with Victoria. 

That doesn't bode well long term, IMO.

Also Victoria and Billy are not a couple yet. So Billy is free to do as he wants. 

• Love 8

I have zero interest in Billy and Phyllis.  JT is horrible in the role and should be recast or written out.  And if hooking up with Mr. Nostrils if the only thing the writers can think of to do with Phyllis, then they should cut the character loose.

ETA:  I hope you're right, TwistedSoul7!

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 17
20 minutes ago, bannana said:

Yeah, I think all of this effort to pull Villy together, and Vic seems open, to only have it be foiled again, is ridiculous!  If I am Vic, I am going to say, get out of my life, you fucking loser, once again.  If Billy is this stupid, and he has been stupid before, but he is right now close to something with Vic, he really needs to be kicked to the curb.  Not sure why they want to go this way unless there is some other love interest (Scott?!) for Vic.

This.

8 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

I have zero interest in Billy and Phyllis. 

As a longtime viewer, it insults my intelligence. It's placing actors (who don't have enough chemistry to shake the canvas like this) and fangirls above character, story, and history.

• Love 19

Thnx @TwistedSoul7. I guess looking at it from show's POV (ie execs) they want to please as many viewers as possible while respecting Sally's vision. (Ratings, naturally)

So they drag out Philly for months, leading to SEX. Which is all teased via chats, PR, etc. to keep Philly stans hanging on.

But ultimately they let Sally's vision - Philly sucks, never should have been love, and is finito forever - play out.

IMO sex was unnecessary because Phyllis and Billy could have simply said this in words ("we were caught up in hate and should never have done this etc" months ago; in fact Phyllis pretty much said this to Jack, but Billy didn't). But show wants to milk as much drama and "buzz" as they can so we get once a month teases leading to sudden PHYLLIS NEEDS SEX NOW even Jack is getting some, Vicki pisses off Billy all just as May sweeps are about to kick off (April 27 I think).

Because @bannana and @HeatLifer are right. This is ridiculous. Vic would tell Billy to go fuck himself and so much for Philly seeing the hurt they caused Jack.

But it may be the price show is willing to pay to suck as much drama as possible from this storyline. 

Billy "confesses" the week the sex happens and Phyllis "faces reality." These are spoilers. 

I want to believe he tells Vic he shagged Phyllis, which presumably won't shock her because they set it up with both acknowledging they miss their respective exes (like where did Travis's name suddenly come from?). But it forces Billy to be clear about who he wants. 

Phyllis "faces" that Billy loves Vic above all and she killed her marriage for nothing.

I guess.

Or we get Philly romcom until we stab our eyes out because Billy is torn and Phyllis faces the reality that she wants Billy and will fight for him.

Triangle ensues? Wouldn't put it past show. 

We do know Gina (aka Queen of Philly Stans) did not like Philly scenes that are to air in late April/early May). So there's that.

• Love 11
23 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

any idea why?

It's the only story she's getting AT ALL. Philly has very excitable stans who are willing to bug Mal, Angelica, send gifts, tweet, vote in polls.

With Sally's arrival, Phyllis no longer drives story. Without Philly scenes she shows up once every couple of weeks in truly pointless scenes with newbies Ravi or Scott.

Plus I think GT's contract is up this year.

My guess is she believes Philly is her best shot at staying on canvas. She sure is clinging to it as though her life depends on it. 

If you meant why didn't she like the scenes I think because they were not romcom or breathless love scenes. Gina believes the characters are truly in love and that they are Lucy and Desi. IMO show - and those scenes - may indicate otherwise. She described the scenes as "difficult" and "needing a lot of discussion" between her and JT. As though she didn't "get" them or buy them.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 12
On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 7:33 PM, spinxella said:

Unfortunately Phyllis is not done with Butt Biscuit. It's rumored they hit the sheets again. Mal Young's doing.

So... it would seem that MY was behind the idea back then? And here I was blaming JFP and CP for it all. Is he just trying to appease GT? Or is he just desperately trying to inject something into this show now? Throw at least a few crumbs to one of the so-called "fan bases" however small a percentage of actual viewers they represent?

• Love 5

@miamama

Who knows what will happen but I think it will just be as simple as they are allowing PHILLY to have their post affair relationship that will conclude with them realizing their affair was what it was and nothing more. I think they build it up in their head but the reality will fizzle. I completely understand why TPTB would want to explore that and end the "they never got a chance" complaints. 

This also allows them to keep building VILLY, which I suspect is the plan, while playing out the other pairing. Billy dealing with his feelings for Phyllis before starting up with Victoria is not a bad thing. I don't think this triangle will be a typical one in the ladies fighting over him. It will be more of the three of them realizing what they want and dealing with it. None of them are blind to the feelings of any involved.

Phyllis knows Villy are in a good place and thisclose to a reunion. So when it doesn't happens and he comes to her door she will completely get why. Victoria won't be shocked Philly reunite because she knows Billy still has feelings for her and he always acts out when things don't go his way. All their eyes are wild open and they playing it this way for a reason, IMO. 

Per spoilers Phyllis is all over the place in her emotions. She learns Jack is sleeping with Gloria and then has a drunken hook up with her bestfriend's son. Meanwhile Billy gets shut down again by Victoria who seems to be distracted by the Victor drama. And we all know Newman comes before anything in their world, so Billy is dropped. All this is occurring on the same day in Genoa City, so Philly coming together after that makes a lot of sense. Misery loves company.

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, TwistedSoul7 said:

@miamama

Misery loves company.

Very good analysis, Twistedsoul7.

But, Damn, haven't they made us miserable enough already?

I wonder if Vic will even consider taking ButtBiscuit back after this, though.  Oh, it will happen in the long run, but usually this would just reinforce her belief that ButtBiscuit is, at his core, a disaster.

I'm still hoping he and Phyllis reignite their love at Ye Olde Luv Dumpster and are hauled off to the compactor before completion.

• Love 11

I just hope this plays out quickly. This Philly crap has been going on for well over a year. It's breathtaking how much ink is spilled on such a stupid story. 

But @TwistedSoul7 makes sense.

@boes: I prefer your version.

Let's see what happens in the next two weeks. Should be telling.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, boes said:

I wonder if Vic will even consider taking ButtBiscuit back after this, though.  Oh, it will happen in the long run, but usually this would just reinforce her belief that ButtBiscuit is, at his core, a disaster.

And this is where the so called triangle will kick in. They are not a couple so Billy is not cheating. Hell, I bet Victoria will probably be a complete bitch of an ice queen to him which will make him run to Phyllis. So she can't get mad. She might be hurt and disappointed but Billy owes her nothing. We also know AH and JT still film together consistently per social media and recent VILLY were part of the "L.A" episodes filmed last week. So all this will do really is keep them in the colleagues/co-parents thing while fighting their obvious feelings despite the fact he is now with Phyllis. I also think Phyllis is the "rowdy hotel guest" who shows up in "L.A" as well per spoilers. Which goes with GT's statement about filming hard scenes with JT. I think trouble in paradise is already happening for sweeps. 

• Love 6

A love triangle......two women, both wanting ButtBiscuit......

It's like fighting to the death over a limp, moldy, piece of string cheese you find at the bottom of refrigerator.....

• Love 20

SOD spoiled that during the week of May 15 - 19  a bunch of characters will be in Los Angeles for various reason. Hilary is trying to get Julie Chen on GC Buzz. The Brash & Sassy group are promoting "Dare" which is why there was a huge promotional billboard up. A few actors and extras posted BTS pictures over the week. They also announced a few cameo appearances (above mentioned Chen,  Bud Bundy, and another I can't remember). One is a hotel manager dealing with a "rowdy hotel guest from GC" who I speculate is Phyllis dropping in unannounced.  The characters we know for sure involved in this episodes are Victoria, Billy, Cane, Lily, Hilary, and Juliet per BTS stuff. 

• Love 4

SOD

4/17, Nikki is pushed to a breaking point

4/18, Nick surprises Sharon; Phyllis gives into temptation

4/19, Devon and Neil make a power move

4/20, Cane pushes Billy's buttons; Nikki pulls strings to protect her family

4/21, Billy finds himself on a collision course with Jack

• Love 7
On Tue Apr 11 2017 at 7:55 AM, miamama said:

Phyllis "faces" that Billy loves Vic above all and she killed her marriage for nothing.

I guess.

As little as I care for Villy, I buy that far more than any Philly love story. Steffy and Liam are a more believable, rootable couple than these two. As are Bella and Edward Cullen.

• Love 13

Has there been any indication of what Dina is meant to do?  How long she'll be here?  I can't even guess.  There's nothing going on in any storyline that makes me think there's an natural entree for her, which means she should spark something.  But I am not aware of any news or even good speculation about her role.  (Granted "it will change Genoa City forever.")

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Big Blue Plate said:

Has there been any indication of what Dina is meant to do?  How long she'll be here?  I can't even guess.  There's nothing going on in any storyline that makes me think there's an natural entree for her, which means she should spark something.  But I am not aware of any news or even good speculation about her role.  (Granted "it will change Genoa City forever.")

Maybe......just speculation, of course, but soap romances always hit bumpy patches.....I predict that Dina is the one who ends Phyllis and ButtBiscuit.  Dina has probably seen his centerfold in Colonoscopy Today!! magazine, him covering himself with nothing more than a Keebler Vienna finger, and she be smitten.  Romance and Rom Com galore ensues and she whisks him away, preferably disassembled.

Makes sense to me.

• Love 9

So if I am right, this pisses me off.  If I am wrong, business as usual.  But from a soap site>

Jack is caught off guard when he reads that Mergeron Enterprises is up for sale

Jack dreams of snatching the company out from under his mother

Um....  as I recall, Dina lost Mergeron to Victor and was actually a little tapped for cash more than once... didn't she try to remarry Orange John to make ends meet.  Plus I saw Marla Adams in a preview... you'd think they'd do her hair. 

• Love 2

aarrgghh--I watched gina tognoini for years on 2 other shows and then she came here and her brains all leaked out---WTH---do not like Jason dipshit either and I do remember when he showed up on GH to much fanfare but now??? the nostrils and the horrid acting in a part he was horribly miscast????? I admit I am at least a week behind because why should I care? but I seriously doubt things have improved and damn---this is the only show I have left after a lifetime of ATWTs, Edge of Night etc etc---now I have these dregs of humanity??? sniff----think I am left with culinary mysteries or something---UGH UGH UGH 

• Love 11
On 4/24/2017 at 6:16 PM, boes said:

Maybe......just speculation, of course, but soap romances always hit bumpy patches.....I predict that Dina is the one who ends Phyllis and ButtBiscuit.  Dina has probably seen his centerfold in Colonoscopy Today!! magazine, him covering himself with nothing more than a Keebler Vienna finger, and she be smitten.  Romance and Rom Com galore ensues and she whisks him away, preferably disassembled.

Makes sense to me.

Okay I don't remember much (if anything) about Dina. If she's Jack's mom, she's gotta be what, 70? 80?

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, Oly said:

aarrgghh--I watched gina tognoini for years on 2 other shows and then she came here and her brains all leaked out---WTH---do not like Jason dipshit either and I do remember when he showed up on GH to much fanfare but now??? the nostrils and the horrid acting in a part he was horribly miscast????? I

But he looked like Rick Springfield may have mated with that previously mentioned moldy cheese stick.

• Love 6

Back in the day I loved Marla Adams--not so much on Y& R where she was not a major character but I think she was Belle on Another World or Secret Strorm or some  CBS show? her husband ran for the senate? ---gee I feel old---

• Love 1
On 2017-04-10 at 8:57 PM, Big Blue Plate said:

I want Billy and Phyllis together because frankly, you people ranting and exploding your heads over it is way more entertaining than the show itself!  

Lol me too.. great entertainment.. and with GT winning the Emmy there will be more Philly,, love it lol

• Love 1
23 hours ago, crosby777 said:

As long as villy is over I am glad..

I would be, too, if I didn't think they will drag on a story about Vic 'forgiving' the buttbiscuit (after all, she can forgive her father) and her attempts to reconcile for the children.  [Kinda like Victurd's For My Fambly philosophy.]  She really should 1.) fire noteverBilly, 2.) find that hunk with the sailboat and 3.) go off with aforementioned hunk.  Saltwater could do wonders for her hair.

• Love 9
31 minutes ago, MollyB said:

I would be, too, if I didn't think they will drag on a story about Vic 'forgiving' the buttbiscuit (after all, she can forgive her father) and her attempts to reconcile for the children.  [Kinda like Victurd's For My Fambly philosophy.]  She really should 1.) fire noteverBilly, 2.) find that hunk with the sailboat and 3.) go off with aforementioned hunk.  Saltwater could do wonders for her hair.

TIL.What does salt water do for your hair?

• Love 1

I always kinda thought it was but after today I am sure that all Phyllis and Billy have is pure lust. He doesn't care about anyone or feel bad about anything he's done to his brother. Victoria acts like a teenager when he's around. The writing is terrible for all the characters involved today.

Why the hell did they have to break up Jack and Red for this bullshit. To give JT a storyline because he's the hotshot coming over from another soap! I hate it.

At least Cane is feeling guilty about what he's done. Billy has no remorse. Spoiled, entitled brat who's older than Reed but much the same.

• Love 10