Type keyword(s) to search

Rotting Y&R: The Spoiler Thread

• Start Topic

Dylan can go IMO. Given how Steve Burton notoriously took over the last show he was on, Y&R got off light (they didn't make him a thug whose actions were justified or excused by the whole town, for example). But he was an addition that needlessly retconned a decades old story to force a connection with two core families. They can give him the Keemo treatment for all I give a shit.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Dylan can go IMO. Given how Steve Burton notoriously took over the last show he was on, Y&R got off light (they didn't make him a thug whose actions were justified or excused by the whole town, for example). But he was an addition that needlessly retconned a decades old story to force a connection with two core families. They can give him the Keemo treatment for all I give a shit.

I have no doubt they will.

• Love 2

I'm just tired of seeing Sharon alone. And this was the first guy who treated her well and stood by her. Even when I would have dumped her ass. He was never my favourite but I'm sad to see him go.

• Love 6

As sick as I am of Sharon alone, she needs to choose to be alone sometime.

What I mean by that is what someone (maybe Pearlite? ) said a while back...Sharon has no urgency and just gets thrown around by life. Getting dumped by Nick, then Adam when he decides to be a Daddy's Boy, then Victor himself, and now Dylan is on the way out too. I hope the writers can let her Wild (Book, not movie! :p [/Gilmore Girls reference] ) or something to find herself and who she is, independent of being Mrs. Nick Newman or a Newman incubator.

Edited by Anna Yolei
Changed "dumbed" to "dumped", but in retrospect, I think Apple autocorrect got it right the first time.
  • Love 11
13 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Wowww...I completely forgot about Jack's son Keemo! It's like he never existed, isn't it?

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

As sick as I am of Sharon alone, she needs to choose to be alone sometime.

What I mean by that is what someone (maybe Pearlite? ) said a while back...Sharon has no urgency and just gets thrown around by life. Getting dumped by Nick, then Adam when he decides to be a Daddy's Boy, then Victor himself, and now Dylan is on the way out too. I hope the writers can let her Wild (Book, not movie! :p [/Gilmore Girls reference] ) or something to find herself and who she is, independent of being Mrs. Nick Newman or a Newman incubator.

Yup, Anna, that was me! [Or I, to be all pissy grammatical about it.]

To me, this is one of the most annoying things about the character. She alternates between leaning all over male partners and jumping to rash judgments, with no pauses at the "You're an Adult" stop on the subway o' life.

I can't figure out why this would appeal to people.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, pearlite said:

Yup, Anna, that was me! [Or I, to be all pissy grammatical about it.]

To me, this is one of the most annoying things about the character. She alternates between leaning all over male partners and jumping to rash judgments, with no pauses at the "You're an Adult" stop on the subway o' life.

Nostalgia, I guess? Granted, it takes a whole bushel of 'member berries to continue sitting through this dreck, but even in their hacylon days there were plenty of times Sharon should have walked away from Nick's ass (his general unsupportive attitude towards the pregnancy where he though the baby belonged to Matt Clark, for example).

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Anna Yolei said:

Nostalgia, I guess? Granted, it takes a whole bushel of 'member berries to continue sitting through this dreck, but even in their hacylon days there were plenty of times Sharon should have walked away from Nick's ass (his general unsupportive attitude towards the pregnancy where he though the baby belonged to Matt Clark, for example).

Nick is a spoiled frat boy who's never done an honest day's work in his life. Of course he was unsupportive during his wife's pregnancies, he'd no longer be the baby of the family. Typical toddler behavior, regression.

• Love 7

And Nikki never graduated from high school and hasn't learned one thing since then. I do keep hoping that she'll grow a spine, kick the skeleton to the curb and find a life for herself.  I realize this is a change of subject but this has bothered me for......well, forever. Is she so stupid that she can't find a job, run a charity, do something other than be Victor's numb wife? No wonder Nick is such a numb nuts. She raised him. Along with numerous nannies, cooks, butler, ranch hands, etc. I'm really an educated, logical and accomplished person. So why do I keep watching this dreck?

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

She did ask for a divorce after she lost the baby. She kicked Nick out. He just moved into the ranch and was forever in her face about reuniting. 

The writers have never really written her outside of the Newman orbit. Even when she was married to Jack, RS style s/l happened. So they could milk the Jack/Phyllis/Nick/Sharon quad for all it's worth. 

The last decade it's been hack writers pushing various agendas. Sharon forever in "crazy mode" and doing unforgivable things. 

• Love 12
14 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Nick is a spoiled frat boy who's never done an honest day's work in his life. Of course he was unsupportive during his wife's pregnancies, he'd no longer be the baby of the family. Typical toddler behavior, regression.

Damn, I'm dead yo ??

• Love 4

Wow. AH is getting more frenetic, spastic and skinny. They really need to calm this woman down. And feed her a cheeseburger or some pasta or something. Why can't she act like an adult, mother and "executive" of a multi-national corporation? 

Oh and stop wearing sleeveless, cocktail dresses to work. 

• Love 6

Eh, I can't hate her for the dress. I do it too :p

But then, I live in San Diego where people bust out the ski jackets at the first hint of rain, and not Wisconsin where there should be an average of 4 inches of snow on the ground at any given time in winter.

• Love 1

Anna Yolei, do you wear sleeveless dresses or sleeveless cocktail/low cut dresses to work in a professional office? Watching the morning news shows, I do wonder why the men wear business suits, shirts and ties like gentlemen and the women dress like they're going out to meet some friends at a bar after work. I just think it's very unprofessional and not the way to engender respect from coworkers. Of course, why do I expect these soaps to be any way realistic? Sorry I even asked.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

Anna Yolei, do you wear sleeveless dresses or sleeveless cocktail/low cut dresses to work in a professional office? Watching the morning news shows, I do wonder why the men wear business suits, shirts and ties like gentlemen and the women dress like they're going out to meet some friends at a bar after work. I just think it's very unprofessional and not the way to engender respect from coworkers. Of course, why do I expect these soaps to be any way realistic? Sorry I even asked.

Sleeveless, yes. Low cut with the twins hanging out, no. Granted, it won't be such skinny straps as what Vikki was wearing today, but even then, it's not an everyday thing.

• Love 4

read on another board the show is casting for Brooks Prentiss and Jennifer Foster.  No source or anything so definitely FWIW.

I wonder if that explains the Steve Burton departure... am guessing a lot of money there so spreading it around is an option without him.  

Edited by Big Blue Plate
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Big Blue Plate said:

read on another board the show is casting for Brooks Prentiss and Jennifer Foster.  No source or anything so definitely FWIW.

I wonder if that explains the Steve Burton departure... am guessing a lot of money there so spreading it around is an option without him.  

Imagine how much moola they would have if they canned Prick.

• Love 10
10 hours ago, Big Blue Plate said:

No doubt he's leaving because JFP is his meal ticket. The woman loves him. I guess he'll end up on Days of our Lives if and when they change EPs or some other TV show. Steve Burton may be a nice guy, but he wasn't needed on Y&R.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

No doubt he's leaving because JFP is his meal ticket.

Ok.  So could we trade JT and SB for Billy Miller?  I think that would be a fair deal.  Show could spend two episodes of the "switched patient" story in which JT was really another patient but the paperwork got switched and the real Billy has been in a coma facility for the last year to wrap up the horror of the philly story.

• Love 7

So in today's Canadian, Jack coolly says farewell to Red, who is going to work for Fenmore's it seems.

And spoilers for next week:

Ashley is shocked to learn that Jack is plotting a hostile takeover of Fenmores

Ladies and gentleman, Jack Abbott -- petty, snarky IDGAF soap love of my life -- IS BACK.

I wanted Phack because I wanted Jack to win. I don't give a shit about Phack (or any pairing for him) if Jack is himself AGAIN. 

sigh. #sohappy

• Love 13
23 minutes ago, miamama said:

So in today's Canadian, Jack coolly says farewell to Red, who is going to work for Fenmore's it seems.

And spoilers for next week:

Ladies and gentleman, Jack Abbott -- petty, snarky IDGAF soap love of my life -- IS BACK.

I wanted Phack because I wanted Jack to win. I don't give a shit about Phack (or any pairing for him) if Jack is himself AGAIN. 

sigh. #sohappy

A character with actual motivation to burn the world to the ground???? WHAT IS HAPPENING????

• Love 12

That is the one thing I hope they don't do with Hilary...pair her with Jack. Why not one of the younger men? Billy, Nick Noah, this new character Marcus  are all single. Either way the end result is the same. Hilary will probably be the villain and  only around for angst to push the audience to root for the pairing the show wants. But at least with a younger man, viewers can see a reason she would be with him for something other than money. It might be nice for jack to have a young beautiful women fighting over him. But as a fan of Hilary's, I don't see how being  paired with him benefits her. Furthermore, this  show is  on its last leg demo wise, would a Hilary/Jack pairing really draw in young women. Good God! Just No. I've sat through years worth of destruction for this character. Hoping for better. This would be the last straw for me. I just couldnt. Sally would lose me before she really began. 

• Love 3

This is not a ship show anymore. If HiJack is anything it's a we are both sorta single let's fuck. But I don't even see that. Hilary is all pitted against Mariah (Sally won't give her multiple rivalries -- it just gets silly). Jack and Hilary are being presented in a different age group romantically. No need to trash old Jack any more. He won't sink anyone's ships. He's busy being the original petty scoundrel he should have always remained.

Reading in SOD (actually via another board) that as Jack is trying to convince Ash re: this takeover of Fenmores, Phyllis overhears. And now her loyalties are torn.

Damn this is good soap. Ashley dealing with Jack reverting to his old ways (yay), and not happy about going after their friends. Phyllis knowing that Jack is going after her DEAR friends. Phack is clean broken but but but she could maybe prove to Jack she's loyal to him (and lose Michael and Lauren) or she could ensure she has lost Jack for ALL TIME if she sides with Lauren OR she could lose them ALL if she sides with Jack and he STILL rejects her.

And the whole time EVERY ONE of these characters is in play, being true to who they are and to their long, long history.

I truly don't mind either way because this will be great story (and I love Jack angry and boy would he be pissed if he knew Phyllis killed his plan by betraying him AGAIN). 

But if I had to bet, I'd say Phyllis will help Jack (but maybe not obviously to viewers right away). I would be surprised if Sally wants Peter to play betrayed yet again -- as an actor. Jack needs to WIN and she knows it. That's why she said she's dropping Jack-Victor.

• Love 11
31 minutes ago, miamama said:

This is not a ship show anymore. If HiJack is anything it's a we are both sorta single let's fuck. But I don't even see that. Hilary is all pitted against Mariah (Sally won't give her multiple rivalries -- it just gets silly). Jack and Hilary are being presented in a different age group romantically. No need to trash old Jack any more. He won't sink anyone's ships. 

If Hilary just wants to fuck, why in god's name would she choose Jack out of all the dicks in Genoa City? Come on now. That's just silly. But it's not about a ship, it is about me wanting decent for Hilary. Mishael Morgan has been shafted enough  on this show  

Edited by DivaT
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, DivaT said:

If Hilary just wants to fuck, why in god's name would she choose Jack out of all the dicks in Genoa City? Come on now. That's just silly. But it's not about a ship, it is about me wanting decent for Hilary. Mishael Morgan has been shafted enough  on this show  

But she's sooo good at playing a bitch.

• Love 4

Hillary right now has everything you could want in life, a young handsome billionaire husband that loves her. Why she'd give that up to mess around with Jack, a 60 year old man that's been married or almost married more years that she's been alive I could not understand.

Her running GC Buzz is really just her being a nuisance. She needs goals and ambitions. Does she want fame in addition to the fortune? If that's the case they need to write that. Right now she's being obnoxious for no good reason.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, DivaT said:

I'm not going to get into some asinine argument about who is hot or not or worthy of fucking. I am basing my comments on the character's past history. Hilary has been consistently written to have a crush on Jack.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

But she's sooo good at playing a bitch.

I don't want a saint. But an antiheroine whose actions make sense that also has depth and some redeeming qualities isn't too much to ask. At least I don't think so. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, JessePinkman said:

Hillary right now has everything you could want in life, a young handsome billionaire husband that loves her. Why she'd give that up to mess around with Jack, a 60 year old man that's been married or almost married more years that she's been alive I could not understand.

Her running GC Buzz is really just her being a nuisance. She needs goals and ambitions. Does she want fame in addition to the fortune? If that's the case they need to write that. Right now she's being obnoxious for no good reason.

Great explanation. She's just mean for no reason. Her behavior doesn't make sense. And soap gods help me, I want it to make sense. 

5 hours ago, miamama said:

I'm not going to get into some asinine argument about who is hot or not or worthy of fucking. I am basing my comments on the character's past history. Hilary has been consistently written to have a crush on Jack.

One that made no sense from the very beginning. It's part of what I consider shit writing for the character and started from the beginning. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, miamama said:

This is not a ship show anymore. If HiJack is anything it's a we are both sorta single let's fuck. But I don't even see that. Hilary is all pitted against Mariah (Sally won't give her multiple rivalries -- it just gets silly). Jack and Hilary are being presented in a different age group romantically. No need to trash old Jack any more. He won't sink anyone's ships. He's busy being the original petty scoundrel he should have always remained.

Reading in SOD (actually via another board) that as Jack is trying to convince Ash re: this takeover of Fenmores, Phyllis overhears. And now her loyalties are torn.

Damn this is good soap. Ashley dealing with Jack reverting to his old ways (yay), and not happy about going after their friends. Phyllis knowing that Jack is going after her DEAR friends. Phack is clean broken but but but she could maybe prove to Jack she's loyal to him (and lose Michael and Lauren) or she could ensure she has lost Jack for ALL TIME if she sides with Lauren OR she could lose them ALL if she sides with Jack and he STILL rejects her.

And the whole time EVERY ONE of these characters is in play, being true to who they are and to their long, long history.

I truly don't mind either way because this will be great story (and I love Jack angry and boy would he be pissed if he knew Phyllis killed his plan by betraying him AGAIN). 

But if I had to bet, I'd say Phyllis will help Jack (but maybe not obviously to viewers right away). I would be surprised if Sally wants Peter to play betrayed yet again -- as an actor. Jack needs to WIN and she knows it. That's why she said she's dropping Jack-Victor.

Wouldn't a Fenmore's takeover also be a good way to screw over Brash&Sassy?  Fenmore's currently has exclusive deals with them, so if those deals are cancelled, B&S will have to scramble for shelf space in other stores.

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, DivaT said:

I don't want a saint. But an antiheroine whose actions make sense that also has depth and some redeeming qualities isn't too much to ask. At least I don't think so. 

Precisely. 

For that matter, I'd take ANY character whose actions make sense.

• Love 3

I couldn't agree more with DivaT re. Hillary being a pointless bitch.  There's no reason for it.  Back in the day, before she became a full time shouter, Jill was a bitch with a point.  She'd grown up poor and then been roughed up by Katherine Chancellor.   Hillary could be a good, out of step character... instead she's so random and pointlessly nasty she's the kind of character who could wind up being dispensable in a who-shot storyline.   The actress is among the actual talents on the show. 

• Love 7

If Jack goes after Fenmore's I have a feeling it will eventually backfire on him. Lauren isn't Victor or some other corporate big shot type. I think his family and friends would see him as an asshole for going after her company, especially if it's vulnerable. She and Michael would for sure turn on him and they'll turn on Phyllis if she helps him or doesn't warn them. If Phyllis looses her best friends and Jack still doesn't take her back she's going to turn on him. If SSA actually cares enough to give Devon something to do she could have Jill ask him to use his billions to help Lauren/go after Jabot. If people start going after Jabot and Ashley thinks Jack is a liability and out of control she would to push him out of the company, especially if she gets proof that he was committing corporate espionage against NE. This could lead to her asking a pissed off and vengeful Phyllis for help. Abby would feel caught in the middle and probably side with her mother. Jack would have a lot of people against him and few, if anyone, on his side. I could also easily see Victor agreeing to help Lauren as a way to stick it to Jack, and if Victor gets involved I'm 100% Jack will lose. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 3

I'm just tired of seeing Sharon alone

Alone? has the freak ever been alone? That is her problem she always needs a man and if he is related to Nick it is the cats meow... she is such a sicko.. pathetic loser..

I can't figure it out either.. she is a weakling who is so needy and if she can get close to anything related to Nick she does..  She is so sickening LOL

• Love 1

Re: business stories, I actually trust Sally. She's planning on playing relationships. It's not plot driven and so won't be rushed. I see lots of conflict built in. It'll be nice to see all these core characters interacting. 

Yeah Lauren will be pissed but no one is being kidnapped or raped. This has good potential IMO.

• Love 8

I think Jack trying to take Fenmore's would be different from the normal takeover stories because Lauren isn't Victor - a character regularly involved in corporate takeovers and business schemes. She's not in that world AND she's supposed to be his friend. Him going after her vulnerable company can't be written off as "just business" the way it could be if he were going after NE. Aside from maybe Phyllis (who would only do it to get on his good side) I can't think of too many people who would support him trying to take her company, but can think of many who would actively work against him. If this were to happen it could be a great umbrella story that involved most of the characters in some way but I'd be interested in seeing what Jack's relationships would look like when everything is said and done. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, LeftPhalange said:

I think Jack trying to take Fenmore's would be different from the normal takeover stories because Lauren isn't Victor - a character regularly involved in corporate takeovers and business schemes. She's not in that world AND she's supposed to be his friend. Him going after her vulnerable company can't be written off as "just business" the way it could be if he were going after NE. Aside from maybe Phyllis (who would only do it to get on his good side) I can't think of too many people who would support him trying to take her company, but can think of many who would actively work against him. If this were to happen it could be a great umbrella story that involved most of the characters in some way but I'd be interested in seeing what Jack's relationships would look like when everything is said and done. 

My feeling is it signals Jack is grey again. He's been a blah good man for so long many viewers think that's all he ever was. He has history with Lauren. (Sex and business.) Michael hated him during Gloria-gate. I'm not sure when they were ever friends, tbh. 

Jack was the original playboy, risk-taking businessman. He doesn't need to revert to being 30 again sexually. But that affair we won't name would believably send him back to "type" as it were. Jack vs Lauren needs to happen. 

Jack used to drive story, make messes. I think that's what's happening here. Like you, I am curious where it goes. Like you say will everyone just hate on Jack? I wouldn't mind this if he had someone on his side. :)

But I do think he'll have some wins. He's been a punching bag for years and it's emasculated him.

• Love 13

sometimes for fun or if i'm bored, i will peruse cdl..this morning was one of those occasions..

this is their latest "spoiler".....

hilary will once again go after jack and THIS time, he will not turn her down...this time, there's no ring on his finger...

of course, hillary will end up pg but will the baby be jack's or devon's?

do i believe this could happen? sorta kinda....he is very hurt from phyl's affair with the buttbiscuit so being pursued and seduced by a beautiful gold digger may soothe his damaged ego...

wonder if the "source" of this spoiler was browsing different boards as i had seen this possible s/l being tossed around by different posters..

• Love 4
On 12/9/2016 at 0:57 PM, miamama said:

But I do think he'll have some wins. He's been a punching bag for years and it's emasculated him.

I've never been a Jack fan (I watched the show from the Terry Lester days), and even I am sick of him getting no wins.  It's just so predictable, and predictable = boring.

• Love 7