Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E11: Fashionably Fired Up

• Start Topic

(edited)

This show is getting worse ratings than Manzo'd with Chirldren did, and my guess is that no one on that show is making huge bucks.

Im still surprised people watched that crap. Maybe because they waiting on Carmela - I mean - Caroline's daughter to wed and if Dina will show up. The minute that wedding happens down with the ratings just like Bethenny after she had Bryn.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bethenny_Ever_After#Episodes

I am thinking people don't like Bethenny crying, but do like a good leg toss, Pirates invading LuAnn and Sonja and vow renewals.

Im one of these people

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 3

If one goes to Wikipedia for the episode guide of RHONYC https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Real_Housewives_of_New_York_City_episodes  there is a very brief description of the episode and the ratings on the far right.  One can go back to Season 3 for ratings and Seasons 1 & 2 just have descriptions. I don't know if they are same day or the more inclusive type but it is a pretty easy way to see if people tuned in.  The highest rated episodes are pretty predictable.  I am thinking people don't like Bethenny crying, but do like a good leg toss, Pirates invading LuAnn and Sonja and vow renewals.

The Wiki numbers aren't inclusive(and very misleading, imo). They don't factor in 3+ (show seen within three days). And when you include those numbers, the ratings jump is considerable (for example,  "Pop of Color" goes from Wiki's partial 1,230 to a compete rating of 1,928).  So whoever it is -- 18-49, or older or younger, or people held prisoner in another space time dimension, or Renfield waiting for his master -- lots and lots of somebodies out their are tuning in to watch Bethenny cry.

• Love 3

Im still surprised people watched that crap. Maybe because they waiting on Carmela - I mean - Caroline's daughter to wed and if Dina will show up. The minute that wedding happens down with the ratings just like Bethenny after she had Bryn.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bethenny_Ever_After#Episodes

Im one of these people

Me too!

The Wiki numbers aren't inclusive(and very misleading, imo). They don't factor in 3+ (show seen within three days). And when you include those numbers, the ratings jump is considerable (for example,  "Pop of Color" goes from Wiki's partial 1,230 to a compete rating of 1,928).  So whoever it is -- 18-49, or older or younger, or people held prisoner in another space time dimension, or Renfield waiting for his master -- lots and lots of somebodies out their are tuning in to watch Bethenny cry.

Let's just say the first night's numbers are probably representative when compared to other first night numbers across the board.  That is all the overnights are all about.  I think they tell us which episodes viewers like best.  The three day, on line watchers, video buyers are probably the same percentage wise week to week.  If one watched another show at 9:00 pm on Tuesday night but catches the replay Wednesday night chances are they do it each week.  I think that is pretty reasonable.  WHat Bravo is crowing about is when they add all the +3 together there are more viewers.  I think this conversation began by saying which episodes viewers like.  

• Love 1
(edited)

I think we all like some episodes better than others. I don't see how "liking" an episode can effect the ratings though because you have to actually watch it before you can judge it.

Shows on cable networks never have the really high ratings numbers that the major networks have because less people have access to them. I know people who aren't willing to pay for anything more than basic cable.

Anyway, one of the highest rated cable shows, Rizzoli and Isles, premiered their new season on Tuesday, June 16th at 9 PM. Major sporting events just ended too, I.e., the Stanley Cup and NBA Finals. That always effects the "live" numbers of every show on every network.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 1

I think we all like some episodes better than others. I don't see how "liking" an episode can effect the ratings though because you have to actually watch it before you can judge it.

Shows on cable networks never have the really high ratings numbers that the major networks have because less people have access to them. I know people who aren't willing to pay for anything more than basic cable.

Anyway, one of the highest rated cable shows, Rizzoli and Isles, premiered their new season on Tueaday, June 16th at 9 PM. Major sporting events just ended too, I.e., hockey and basketball. That always effects the "live" numbers.

I have an idea why doesn't someone go find a chart covering Season 3 through the present of all the added on numbers of +3, and video, and DVR, and On Demand and if you saw the show while visiting your mother in law numbers., if they want to talk about exceptions. This is about an episode to episode comparison. Not about network TV or sporting events.  The chart I referenced a specific  set of numbers and even had footnotes to the source. Scooby said ratings are important and people don't want to see Bethenny cry.  (I am paraphrasing.)   First he was told they weren't then he was told to start a new thread.  Others comment ratings are important.  Then it became the ratings weren't real because it left out the +3 etc.  I believe if you use the same source for episode to episode comparison then you have a pretty accurate window of what is going on.  I may stand alone but I agree with Scooby statement.

The reason people pick and choose is because Bravo promotes it to death, gives next week,  First Looks and previews on line.  So if a viewer doesn't want to see Bethennenny talking to her stepfather they could have made that choice.  If they are a Neilson family they just caused a drop in ratings.

• Love 2
(edited)

I have an idea why doesn't someone go find a chart covering Season 3 through the present of all the added on numbers of +3, and video, and DVR, and On Demand and if you saw the show while visiting your mother in law numbers., if they want to talk about exceptions. This is about an episode to episode comparison. Not about network TV or sporting events. The chart I referenced a specific set of numbers and even had footnotes to the source. Scooby said ratings are important and people don't want to see Bethenny cry. (I am paraphrasing.) First he was told they weren't then he was told to start a new thread. Others comment ratings are important. Then it became the ratings weren't real because it left out the +3 etc. I believe if you use the same source for episode to episode comparison then you have a pretty accurate window of what is going on. I may stand alone but I agree with Scooby statement.

The reason people pick and choose is because Bravo promotes it to death, gives next week, First Looks and previews on line. So if a viewer doesn't want to see Bethennenny talking to her stepfather they could have made that choice. If they are a Neilson family they just caused a drop in ratings.

The problem is that "dismal" is an opinion and not a fact. Your explanation has been helpful and informative.

But I suggested another thread because Scooby then went on to post that Beth wasn't worth the money and execs wouldn't give her her show, once again! That's Bethenny thread, not episode. Really don't want to fight.

Edited by SFoster21
(edited)

I don't think a chart exists that includes all those add-ons.

Why wouldn't an episode's ratings be effected by some other major TV event?

It might be true that Bethenny's crying caused fewer people to tune in.  It's also possible that fewer people tuned in because they were watching the season premier of Rizzoli and Isles.   The add-on numbers may prove that the ratings went up.  There's no way for us to know.

I'm pretty sure Atlanta is doing well but last year there was a big discussion on the NJ board about whether or not the HW's franchises had run their course.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 1
(edited)

They're obviously making changes as they go along.  Dorinda tweeted a few weeks ago about going to film TH's to add in.  Why are they making changes?  Cuz of ratings?  Duh.  Bethenny mentioned the ratings being good last week in her Bravo blog.  Why would she do that unless it mattered to her?  Whatever she is, she's very deliberate & clever in ALL of her actions.

Anyhoo, trying to tie this back in to this ep, as I said before, Bethenny has mentioned in her Bravo blog, for the second week in a row, she's crying for the last time on the show.  Why go out of her way to mention it?  I suspect cuz ratings are meh & she's hearing from social media & maybe from forums like this, how viewer reaction is against the crying.

I agree. I think both Andy/production and Beth are aware that she's had a bad viewer reaction. I also think they're going back in editing to revamp her story arc and Beth knows that. How else would she be able to say that this is the last time she's crying in an episode? How would she know?

I still think Bethenny's shit about "wanting the walls up" is one of the looniest things I've ever actually heard anyone say in one of these dopey Housewives shows.

Her walls aren't high enough to keep her from moving on romantically and already moving in with a boyfriend ...

Edited by missy jo
  • Love 9
(edited)

I agree. I think both Andy/production and Beth are aware that she's had a bad viewer reaction. I also think they're going back in editing to revamp her story arc and Beth knows that. How else would she be able to say that this is the last time she's crying in an episode? How would she know?

Her walls aren't high enough to keep her from moving on romantically and already moving in with a boyfriend ...

IMO, just mine, something happened, either Bethenny woke up after the photo shoot with a new outlook and never cried on camera again, which I do no buy, or she has already seen the entire season ahead of the other HWs and/or someone has assured her any time she cries it will be edited out. I think Andy was shaken up enough by the comment comparing Bethenny to Jill and reading/hearing negative feedback from bloggers/viewers about her boo hooing that he/they are going to make sure we don't see her cry again. JMO

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 6

See here's the thing. I'm not against crying. Everyone is entitled to a good cry every once in a while. It makes everyone human. But this crying every episode from Beth is too much. And of course it's her go-to strategy to keep from avoiding conflict and play victim in front of the cameras. Afterwhile I see through it.

• Love 9
(edited)

IMO, just mine, something happened, either Bethenny woke up after the photo shoot with a new outlook and never cried on camera again, which I do no buy, or she has already seen the entire season ahead of the other HWs and/or someone has assured her any time she cries it will be edited out.

Ah yes.

2nq4dbn.png

Strategy

atq8mg.png

Ramona don't fall for the hoax

jigaw8.png

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 5

IMO, just mine, something happened, either Bethenny woke up after the photo shoot with a new outlook and never cried on camera again, which I do no buy, or she has already seen the entire season ahead of the other HWs and/or someone has assured her any time she cries it will be edited out. I think Andy was shaken up enough by the comment comparing Bethenny to Jill and reading/hearing negative feedback from bloggers/viewers about her boo hooing that he/they are going to make sure we don't see her cry again. JMO

OR she really only cried the x number of times we've seen her do it so she knows there aren't any more crying scenes to be shown.

How many times have we seen her cry now?

• Love 6
(edited)

OR she really only cried the x number of times we've seen her do it so she knows there aren't any more crying scenes to be shown.

How many times have we seen her cry now?

We have seen her cry almost every episode so far this season. As Black Mamba posted above, even Bethenny realizes it has been too much but she did make the promise of "no more crying" 1 other time but she did cry again, unless he tears are an "act" and not real. I don't buy the idea that she just up and stopped crying 1 morning, I just don't. IMO, just mine and it is nothing more than a gut feeling, her crying will be either edited out or the crying was fake/staged more often than real tears/emotions, so the crying was easy to stop doing. JMO

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 5
(edited)

We have seen her cry almost every episode so far this season. As Black Mamba posted above, even Bethenny realizes it has been too much but she did make the promise of "no more crying" 1 other time but she did cry again, unless he tears are an "act" and not real. I don't buy the idea that she just up and stopped crying 1 morning, I just don't. IMO, just mine and it is nothing more than a gut feeling, her crying will be either edited out or the crying was fake/staged more often than real tears/emotions, so the crying was easy to stop doing. JMO

I don't believe she woke up and stopped crying one morning either. I do believe that the crying jags were most likely planned and staged. We can't know who came up with that plan. Was it production? Andy? Bethenny? Or a combination of all three? That's why I have a hard time putting the blame solely on Bethenny. It's not as if a HW's crying is unusual. It happens throughout the franchises.

I'd much rather see Bethenny snark about whatever than see her cry. It does get tiresome. However, I'm more tolerant of her crying than I am with some of the others because of the reason, I.e., the nasty divorce, shared custody and not be able to see her four year old child all the time. Whether it was real, staged or both, the reason is valid. I had no sympathy for Jac's tears about losing Teresa as a friend or because Ashlee is such a bitch. I do cut her slack for shedding tears about Nicholas though. Kyle is another one who cries at the drop of a hat and whines "you're so mean to me!" to Kim.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2
(edited)

I'll give Beth the benefit of the doubt (with the contingency to change my mind) that she staged the crying.  Maybe I'm naive.  I think it may be a case of everyone learned their lesson and decided not to bring up or to respond to, her daughter, her custody agreement, her divorce, no questions or anything related to her life for the rest of the season (which the trip to Turks seems to be the bulk of) - otherwise know as the kid glove treatment.  Of course, I could be wrong.

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 3
(edited)

,I don't believe she woke up and stopped crying one morning either. I do believe that the crying jags were most likely planned and staged. We can't know who came up with that plan. Was it production? Andy? Bethenny? Or a combination of all three? That's why I have a hard time putting the blame solely on Bethenny. It's not as if a HW's crying is unusual. It happens throughout the franchises.

I'd much rather see Bethenny snark about whatever than see her cry. It does get tiresome. However, I'm more tolerant of her crying than I am with some of the others because of the reason, I.e., the nasty divorce, shared custody and not be able to see her four year old child all the time. Whether it was real, staged or both, the reason is valid. I had no sympathy for Jac's tears about losing Teresa as a friend or because Ashlee is such a bitch. I do cut her slack for shedding tears about Nicholas though. Kyle is another one who cries at the drop of a hat and whines "you're so mean to me!" to Kim.

I agree that many HWs have faked their tears for sympathy. 1 of the rare times I felt the tears were real was Heather last season talking about Jax and getting his hearing fixed, that was raw and very real IMO and I agree, Jacqueline crying over Nicholas (only) is raw/real as well. Ramona throwing herself backwards on her bed in Morocco, crying over what Jill said, no ! LOL 

I don't like Bethenny fake crying at all, it is disingenuous to us, the viewers, and is being done, IMO, solely to manipulate us into buying her products. I think she was already use to the custody arrangements, it was already done with in the courts 3 months earlier and she had not lived with Jason for months before that was finalized, so again, not buying it. Her divorce, nah on that as well because it is what SHE wanted and again, there is that pesky BF she was living with that we are not supposed to know about. IMO, by the time filming began, she was more worried about her tanking SG sales, not Bryn/custody issues or the divorce. JMO

This last episode was a prime example of fake crying IMO. No tears were seen in the close up of her crying and her eyes were not wet/glistening with tears either. JMO

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 5

I don't think a chart exists that includes all those add-ons.

Why wouldn't an episode's ratings be effected by some other major TV event?

It might be true that Bethenny's crying caused fewer people to tune in.  It's also possible that fewer people tuned in because they were watching the season premier of Rizzoli and Isles.   The add-on numbers may prove that the ratings went up.  There's no way for us to know.

I'm pretty sure Atlanta is doing well but last year there was a big discussion on the NJ board about whether or not the HW's franchises had run their course.

I think the Scoobie's opinion of Bethenny's crying turning people off is just as valid as fewer people watched as they were watching the NBA playoffs or Rizzol & Isles.   He read the ratings and found them "dismal".  They are the second lowest of this season on the chart.  I don't know if the RH franchise has run its course.  Earlier today I linked* an old article that said way back in 2011 the RH franchises were raking in half a billion dollars and that was before RHOA ratings soared.  I do think this is Andy's baby, as he has said as much, he was excited to bring Bethenny back and her return did not cause ratings to soar or rise, when compared to the same numbers last season.  To me, Bethenny has been a bit of a downer so far this season.  It just feels like she goes through life making things difficult for those around her.   Last season also had, DVR, On Demand, multiple showings so I guess the people at the top are looking at both sets of numbers. You have given us a link that will provide a new set of ratings.  Thank you.  I feel bad for all the shows that are cancelled because their network did not look at all the sources.  I hate it when I say - oh that show looks interesting and a short time later before I can watch it has been cancelled.

On one of the BH threads.

• Love 6
(edited)

if they want to talk about exceptions

But the system you're using IS the exception :)  It's not 2002 anymore -- Nielson's Live Plus tracks Live/Same Day and 3+  and 7+. That's the industry standard. (And I don't understand why we're discussing ratings without using,  well, the actual ratings.)

The three day, on line watchers, video buyers are probably the same percentage wise week to week.

Don't know about online, but 3 + and 7 + are not the same percentage week to week --  that's why they're being tracked to begin with. 

Edited by film noire

But the system you're using IS the exception :)  It's not 2002 anymore -- Nielson's Live Plus tracks Live/Same Day and 3+  and 7+. That's the industry standard. (And I don't understand why we're discussing ratings without using,  well, the actual ratings.)

Don't know about online, but 3 + and 7 + are not the same percentage week to week --  that's why they're being tracked to begin with. 

I am not talking about what is more accurate. I am saying that all the episodes were rated by this certain method.  If you use one method for all the episodes for the season to get an idea - which is what these numbers are -just one source.  So if anyone has a chart that shows the season's episodes broken down with all the bells and whistles and that data shows that this past episode was the best rated or anything different ranking wise than the previously sourced materials that is relevant.  What I am reading is the numbers used to support the statement aren't all inclusive so therefor the statement is wrong.   I am thinking that the ratings are not the same week to week be them the original overnights or 3+ and 7+ and that was the point of the statement.  

These ratings are used to set ad rates  So if I am part of the marketing department at Macy's and want to advertise a three day sale- I may not want to advertise on a show that has a more secondary or later viewing audience.    Or perhaps my advertising rate is lower because of the delayed viewing. 

• Love 2
(edited)
Sonja paid off her debts by selling two homes that she got in the divorce.  She's still hanging onto the townhouse, though.

If that's true, then good for Sonja. So far she's managed to do much better than a certain other HW from a neighboring state. And, her ass looks good, so there's that.

IMO, just mine, Bethenny ran off crying to insure the cameras would be on her the whole time. She is a veteran of "realityTV" and knows that the camera will stick to you if you are crying or screaming!

Totally agree. She was very aware of the camera and looked directly at it at one point, presumably as a cue to follow her to the awaiting throne chair where she could effectively collapse and weep about walls.

Having to split custody would no doubt be tough (for both parents), but the way Beth is milking her situation is off-putting.

Bethenny and I are both Scorpios with similar personalities, possibly because our birthdays are only one day apart (yes, I'm a firm believer in astrology though I think daily horoscopes are BS)

So she's not a Sagittarius? (I thought Beth replied "Me, too" after Dorinda told Beth her sign.)

Luanne at the shoe store scene and the dinner at Parkside wore a statement necklace. 

Even the more demure gold necklaces looked like a Mr. T starter kit.

The shoes Kristen chose were nice, but right behind her there was a blue suede pair begging to be tried on.

Bethanny the Blithering Bulimic Bully.

Heh. How long did B to the Quad rabbit-chew that half piece of rigatoni?

Speaking of WWHL

I thought Heather looked really good...makeup and hair - she looked beautiful.

She's killing me with those legs. Hol.La.

What Beth fails to realize is that every time she's around and breaks down she makes everyone around her uncomfortable.

Oh, I think she realizes it, and maybe even gets off a little on making those around her ill-at-ease.

Just some bad decisions made by producers and editors who are choosing to highlight a narrow set of issues  belonging to one character to the point that she is becoming tiresome, while choosing to ignore far more interesting parts of her life. 

How many more parts of Beth could there be to show, or that we need to see? The amount of screentime she's gotten so far has been ridiculous (she was either featured or discussed in every single scene of this episode), so I, for one, don't care about the quality of her scenes, I just want there to be less of them, period.

-- lots and lots of somebodies out their are tuning in to watch Bethenny cry.

Or tuning in to watch the other HWs make a guest appearance on The B Show.

The lower half of that image shows that Sonja forgot her panties. And her pants.

And her Sharpie!

Edited by jaync
  • Love 5
(edited)

I agree that many HWs have faked their tears for sympathy. 1 of the rare times I felt the tears were real was Heather last season talking about Jax and getting his hearing fixed, that was raw and very real IMO and I agree, Jacqueline crying over Nicholas (only) is raw/real as well. Ramona throwing herself backwards on her bed in Morocco, crying over what Jill said, no ! LOL 

I don't like Bethenny fake crying at all, it is disingenuous to us, the viewers, and is being done, IMO, solely to manipulate us into buying her products. I think she was already use to the custody arrangements, it was already done with in the courts 3 months earlier and she had not lived with Jason for months before that was finalized, so again, not buying it. Her divorce, nah on that as well because it is what SHE wanted and again, there is that pesky BF she was living with that we are not supposed to know about. IMO, by the time filming began, she was more worried about her tanking SG sales, not Bryn/custody issues or the divorce. JMO

I can assure you from personal experience that it takes a lot longer than 3 months to get used to not seeing your child every day. I'll let you know when the whole "I'm a failure who has ruined my kid's life" wears off too. Boyfriend, no boyfriend. Those things do not lessen the feelings you have regarding your child. That said, I hope she's done with the crying too. I'm ready to focus on other things. I'm more than ready for "Vacation Luann" who is maybe my favorite housewife ever. 

Edited by Otherkate
  • Love 9

I think talking about ratings is germane if they are an indicator if a housewife will continue or if there is a question of discontinuing the show.

I can only post here about how the show made me as an individual feel and what I felt made it better or worse. If this is going to happen on every season where this one housewife (Bethenny) is the main focus, I will end up tuning out. I invested 3 seasons in these ladies and hung in there with the cast changes and now, when I like the mix, they add Bethenny and she basically sucks all the oxygen in the room. I would characterize her behavior as bipolar if she was ever not miserable and bitchy but I guess histrionic will have to do.

I was not in her marriage so cannot speak to it but I have been married with new baby/small children and that change in the marriage dynamic is profound and it does put a lot of stress on a couple and the result is that often people can act like jerks to each other with the sleep deprivation etc.  My strategy to handle that stress was to take the long view and if we had times where we tolerated each other, ended up like house buddies for a little while... we did that and then had times where we worked back to what brought us together in the first place-- and that is the point, marriage takes a lot of work, perseverance and forgiveness of little transgressions on the part of both people.  There is no "happily ever after" and it is not the job of a spouse to make the other one happy.  I feel like 2 years after a vow is made is a very short time to make a decision to hang it up - especially when the birth of a child occurred during that time (oh the hormones!) and on top of that they added the stress of reality tv.  One does not enter into marriage lightly-- people need to choose their partners and the parents of their children carefully (don't mate with the cray cray).

In my case, before we married, we both had come from divorced homes-- so we knew that once we had a child there was no opt out option, we were going to make it work because in intact marriages, a child is a hope, an investment for the future but in divorced families, the child becomes another bill, and expense and a tool to use against each other-- especially when remarriages happen; even when both parents love that child... there is resentment towards each other in regard to him or her.  So barring egregious behavior such as cheating, drug and alcohol addiction, flagrant financial gambling and abuse (physical/emotional); go to therapy, work it out, choose happiness as an individual.  I think that doing that would have caused Bethenny a lot less grief and misery. 

Ultimately, a person has to consider their child is the sum of both parents and to honor the that and see that there are parts of the person you loved when you made that child and find it in yourself to respect them to work together. The person who ultimately suffers from parental enmity is the child and over that child's development, it can negatively affect the relationship between the child and the parent.

In no way is my post intended to denigrate anyone on these boards who have divorced as all people have their reasons and different lives and different pressures. I wrote it for a perspective on how the horrible time Bethenny is experiencing is, in a big part, the result of the decisions she has made. She did not have to marry Jason, she did. I don't know why if she truly did not love him. She knew who he was and his family before the wedding. I feel if she did not truly feel committed to the marriage, there should not have been a wedding. She was lucky in that there were no financial pressures as they both made good incomes, they had means for professional help and assistance with childcare to ease the stress of different careers. Considering how much she had to lose, I am kind of gobsmacked at her judgment.

• Love 14
(edited)

Thanks for your post, Lucelu.  I agree. 

Bethenny has publicly said twice now that she knew in advance of her marriage that it would not work: on her show, she announced that she knew Jason 2.0 was not the love of her life (and did some massaging then and after about how she and the 'love of her life' would not work out.  It sounds like a distorted fantasy stolen from "The Way We Were.").  Recently, she has said that having the show and Andy grinning on her shoulder got her down the aisle.  Personally, I think it's pretty unconscionable to say either thing publicly given the fact that she has a kid, and is undergoing an acrimonious divorce where the wayback machine will preserve all of her comments on the internet forever. 

I have no opinion about anyone else's marriage, divorce and custodial situation.  To be frank but not Frankel, I do not see how the very particular circumstances of Bethenny's lightning-fast business success, marriage, pregnancy, being too good for RHONY, failing at her talk show, making the first divorce salvos, returning to RHONY and all else can be compared to anyone else's divorce and custodial situation.  The circumstances are materially altered not so much by her wealth, maybe, but they certainly are by her fame and the dueling tabloid battles.  It is in my opinion patently clear that Bethenny has a guiding and somewhat understandable interest in massaging public opinion about herself right now as she pushes her brand into every conceivable corner and tries to limit what she pays out in the divorce.  I do not see her floods of tears of being about Bryn.  Bethenny is in my opinion deliberately using her custodial arguments as a fulcrum to make herself seem softer.  The 'apart from my daughter for 21 days in a 31 day period' is important.  If custody had been split, and it's 50/50 (and I am not asserting it but posters who pay detailed attention have said it was 50/50 then), then it is reasonable to assume she would have already been scheduled to be apart from Bryn for 15 or 16 days total.  But Bethenny has to shine that apple and buff that tragedy on RHONY.  It's not 'an extra 6 days,' apart, it's the span of the month, and there is dry-crying and walking away with her shoulders shaking while whining about not wanting attention. 

I hope no one going through a custody battle feels criticized when I or anyone criticizes Bethenny.  Apples/spaceships. 

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Love 14
The shoes Kristen chose were nice, but right behind her there was a blue suede pair begging to be tried on.

She couldn't try them on.  They were frozen somewhere in the space-time continuum by my mighty efforts to mind-suck them through my TV screen and into my living room.

• Love 7

,I don't believe she woke up and stopped crying one morning either. I do believe that the crying jags were most likely planned and staged. We can't know who came up with that plan. Was it production? Andy? Bethenny? Or a combination of all three? That's why I have a hard time putting the blame solely on Bethenny. It's not as if a HW's crying is unusual. It happens throughout the franchises.

I'd much rather see Bethenny snark about whatever than see her cry. It does get tiresome. However, 

My thoughts are that the reason Beth can say we won't see her cry anymore is that she knows she didn't cry again. More than likely this part of the narrative is coming to a close. She has had her say with the folks that were pushing her buttons (as she probably saw it), has let everyone know how she feels, and they are being very careful not to do anything to set her off again. We are clearly moving to the 2nd phase of the season and if it is exciting enough, no one will even remember what happened during the first half of the season.  I honestly think that the Beth that many of us liked in the past will be back. I think she will be an equal-opportunity snarker, hitting all of the ladies where they live. My favorite thing about Beth in the past was that she hated the Upper East-Side snotty shit that people like Ramona cloak themselves in. This kind of thing use to drive her crazy, and I think it still does. For whatever reason, however, she has been more comfortable being around that kind of fakery because she understands it and is familiar with it. I look forward to her hopefully calling bullshit on all of that moving forward. 

• Love 8

I believe she only tried to explain why she was leaving early because the other women have had an issue with her attendance/involvement.

Thing was that no one had an issue they just had questions about what if anything would be affecting them? I really saw a pretty mild discussion about the whole thing and Beth's response was completely defensive instead of informative. I get that Beth is on edge but to handle every interaction so damn defensively is fucking obnoxious. I mean the comment was made that "dates needed to be changed" and Beth simply said they don't need to be changed and Kristens responses was a quick confused look to Ramona saying Oh.... That wasn't confrontational, no one followed that with any attack on Beth. No one was hoping mad or grumbling about anything so I don't understand why she felt she needed that whole manipulative display. Clarifying and going over information is not an attack and it's maddening how quickly some of the wives, mainly Ramona feels like she needs to be shielded all the fucking time. Like hello, BIG GIRL PANTIES. Doesn't anyone believes Beth owns any? And if she's misplaced them because of all this "chaos" in her life then bitch needs to find them cause going through life without them is never acceptable and these women shouldn't behave or treat Beth like it's okay to leave those drawers at the cleaners so damn often. Go get them shits, put them on and stop fucking bringing your self made drama to chillax events and gatherings!!

It doesn't help the way they talk about these dust ups afterwards and assign completely different actions and intentions to what actually transpired. Ramona telling Beth that Kristen went after her? Really and Beth eating it up? Like really Beth. She really likes to drink the kool aide doesn't? I hate people that accept untrue accounts of something just cause it serves their purpose and agenda and keeps them from looking like the crazy person.

I wish the wives would jump in more solidly. Like when Heather said to Ramona, ....... I mean Ramona you just called her dumb... I wouldn't have stopped there. I would have been quick to tell Ramona that she was out of line and I have no interest in listening to anymore of her defending Beth. The subject is old, Beth and her shit keeps poisoning their interactions and again it's causing unnecessary conflict. Just because Beth cries at the drop of a hat doesn't mean someone else is wrong or that someone needs to be blamed. Walking on eggshells is different from treating Beth compassionately. Showing understanding and compassion is doable. Walking on eggshell for that mean ass bitch who doesn't do the same for others and is wrapped up in her own selfish nonsense is a completely different animal that I don't intent to ride or even visit at the zoo. You want to crawl up her ass Ramona, go right ahead but it's not for Ramona to recruit a conga line routed to Beth's ass.

• Love 11

From Beth's blog:

Look, I'm not the first person to ever have a brutal divorce. My daughter is my everything, and my heart aches every moment I’m away from her. I feel like I’m being pulled in so many directions, and she comes first. I didn't make a big deal about the trip. The girls did. I didn't ask them to change it. It felt like some of them were looking to make something of it. My stuff is my stuff.

I remember that day, and it really felt that Kristen was looking to stir it up with me, albeit subtly. Here is my advice: You do you, and I'll do me.

Beth is making it an issue.  She claims the girls made it a big deal.  Ro made it a big deal.  Kris just asked a question after Ro brought it up and made it an issue.  Now, Beth is claiming she felt Kris was looking to 'stir it up with me. albeit subtly?"  I wouldn't consider that tame.  Kind of passive aggressive because Kris never said anything to 'stir' something up.  She was asking for clarification - who knew that one couldn't ask a simple question without Beth having a meltdown. 

But didn't you know it's Beth's world and they all just live in it...

• Love 6

This  absolutely.  Bethenny is a disingenuous asshole.  I would all-caps the obscenity but don't want to seem scary.  But damn if that ain't true.  She is LYING here.  (Whoopsie! But she is a damned liarface (TM Vicki Gunvalson)).  No, no one was stirring it up besides the bug-eyed satin lover and Bethenny herself.  She's not delusional, she's not crazy, she's not mentally ill.  She's an entitled POS and a liar and a fucking baby who is pissed at not getting pure adulation for 'saving' the show she's killing with her stank attitude and aspartame-laced product placement.

ETA -- I don't think Bethenny is unstable exactly.  She's just madder than hell.  She's infuriated that things don't go exactly as she wants them to.  Her soon to be ex is fighting her on the divorce.  Her mom's not dead yet and pops up for the occasional tabloid story.  The world didn't comply and ignore that her never-shown boyfriend (WTF??) was booted from his college for rape.  (This is NOT a common occurrence.  I'll say no more.)  People didn't get the 'joke' of her fitting into her toddler's PJ's.  Her talk show was a fetid pile of crap and the ratings showed that, WTF world?  Where's the love for the Skinnygirl?  She is an entitled witch.

OMG Love this! I think you're right on point. She's just mad that she has to live a life where YUP, some shit just doesn't go your way but you know what Beth? YOU MAKE THE BEST OF IT! Especially when you have millions at your disposal to do so. I can't with this bitch.

• Love 5

Considering how much she had to lose, I am kind of gobsmacked at her judgment.

I am not. When you consider it was during the hight of her success as both a reality star and as a business woman, she was riding on a huge ego boost. Why wouldn't she think announcing to the father of her child she is dissolving their marriage through a LETTER is a good idea? She is a star and an entrepreneur, she can do anything she damn well pleases, how she damn well pleases.

If she can break the news to him this way and think it is okay, she probably also thought she'll have full access to her daughter. She couldn't possibly have been that stupid but decision made by people with over inflated egos are a thing of wonder. 

• Love 8

Bethenny has publicly said twice now that she knew in advance of her marriage that it would not work: on her show, she announced that she knew Jason 2.0 was not the love of her life (and did some massaging then and after about how she and the 'love of her life' would not work out.  It sounds like a distorted fantasy stolen from "The Way We Were.").  Recently, she has said that having the show and Andy grinning on her shoulder got her down the aisle.  Personally, I think it's pretty unconscionable to say either thing publicly given the fact that she has a kid, and is undergoing an acrimonious divorce where the wayback machine will preserve all of her comments on the internet forever.

Wow. That shows no respect for the institution of marriage, the officiate (if it was a priest. minister or rabbi-- the church or the state) or anyone else connected to her sham.... I think it is shameful and I have absolutely no pity for that person.  Of all the people who were denied marriage and she makes a mockery of it--she is "real" alright, Real Cold.  She deserves all the negative shit she is getting and I support Jason's fight to retain 50% of his custody and the ability to raise Brynne with people who know how to have relationships and where commitments are honored and where you don't just toss people out when your feel their usefulness for your career and personal aspirations has ended.  I feel like she committed fraud on him.  If I were Heather, Kristen and Dorinda, I would not want to know Bethenny well and keep her at arms length. I really feel sorry for Brynn. Her mother is a narcissist.

My favorite thing about Beth in the past was that she hated the Upper East-Side snotty shit that people like Ramona cloak themselves in. This kind of thing use to drive her crazy, and I think it still does. For whatever reason, however, she has been more comfortable being around that kind of fakery because she understands it and is familiar with it. I look forward to her hopefully calling bullshit on all of that moving forward.

The old Bethenny would have gravitated more towards Heather, Kristen and Carole. But this Bethenny fits right in with the UES as much as she would like to say things like "our kind of people, really?" and other crude comments about plastic surgery procedures (in which she is kind of a poster child for -- one more nose job and it's a M.Jackson special). She is one of those people who "thinks" they are down to earth but really are picky OCD princesses (much in common with Ramona....). Peddle that Skinny Girl licensing to the moon and back, Beth, but pushing your bitterness on tv is not helping your personal brand. 

• Love 8

Bethenny canNOT return to her former persona. The slightly humorous and semi-witty behavior/comments are relics of the past. Bethenny's more recent acts have rendered that guise a bit battered.

Former NO Bullshitter<Bullshitter Extraordinaire !

• Love 7

It doesn't help the way they talk about these dust ups afterwards and assign completely different actions and intentions to what actually transpired. Ramona telling Beth that Kristen went after her? Really and Beth eating it up? Like really Beth. She really likes to drink the kool aide doesn't? I hate people that accept untrue accounts of something just cause it serves their purpose and agenda and keeps them from looking like the crazy person.

I wish the wives would jump in more solidly. Like when Heather said to Ramona, ....... I mean Ramona you just called her dumb... I wouldn't have stopped there. I would have been quick to tell Ramona that she was out of line and I have no interest in listening to anymore of her defending Beth. The subject is old, Beth and her shit keeps poisoning their interactions and again it's causing unnecessary conflict. Just because Beth cries at the drop of a hat doesn't mean someone else is wrong or that someone needs to be blamed. Walking on eggshells is different from treating Beth compassionately. Showing understanding and compassion is doable. Walking on eggshell for that mean ass bitch who doesn't do the same for others and is wrapped up in her own selfish nonsense is a completely different animal that I don't intent to ride or even visit at the zoo. You want to crawl up her ass Ramona, go right ahead but it's not for Ramona to recruit a conga line routed to Beth's ass.

Oh, yeah, Ramona is going to crawl up Beth's ass and she is going to call Kristin dumb, and she'll do it gleefully because that takes the focus off her and Mario.  Notice how no one has much to say about Ramona's marriage?  Notice how no one asks her any questions about it, except when she slips up and tells them that she is bring Mario food?  Notice how this season the big story should have been Ramona's divorce (or whatever it is), and Mario's cheating, but it's become all about Beth?  Ramona is probably making all kinds of offerings in thanks to the gods for bringing Beth to distract everyone from Ramona's scandals.

• Love 10
(edited)

My thoughts are that the reason Beth can say we won't see her cry anymore is that she knows she didn't cry again. More than likely this part of the narrative is coming to a close. She has had her say with the folks that were pushing her buttons (as she probably saw it), has let everyone know how she feels, and they are being very careful not to do anything to set her off again. We are clearly moving to the 2nd phase of the season and if it is exciting enough, no one will even remember what happened during the first half of the season.  I honestly think that the Beth that many of us liked in the past will be back. I think she will be an equal-opportunity snarker, hitting all of the ladies where they live. My favorite thing about Beth in the past was that she hated the Upper East-Side snotty shit that people like Ramona cloak themselves in. This kind of thing use to drive her crazy, and I think it still does. For whatever reason, however, she has been more comfortable being around that kind of fakery because she understands it and is familiar with it. I look forward to her hopefully calling bullshit on all of that moving forward. 

I agree.

I'm excited to see the T&C drama unfold. Andy Cohen said it would cover 4 episodes. Bethenny leaves early so I wonder if she witnesses the Carole/Heather/Luanne showdown. Wonder how all of the other ladies line up and what sides are taken.

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 4

Hi motorcitymom

I agree.

I'm excited to see the T&C drama unfold. Andy Cohen said it would cover 4 episodes. Bethenny leaves early so I wonder if she witnesses the Carole/Heather/Luanne showdown. Wonder how all of the other ladies line up and what sides are taken.

I'll laugh a good one if the ratings spike once she leaves early that episode. Viewers have been waiting for LuAnn's "Be cool not be uncool" line and who she told that too. It might be more enjoyable drama since it will be more funny and no one will be trying to get their last bit of drama from Bethenny.

• Love 5

Oh, yeah, Ramona is going to crawl up Beth's ass and she is going to call Kristin dumb, and she'll do it gleefully because that takes the focus off her and Mario.  Notice how no one has much to say about Ramona's marriage?  Notice how no one asks her any questions about it, except when she slips up and tells them that she is bring Mario food?  Notice how this season the big story should have been Ramona's divorce (or whatever it is), and Mario's cheating, but it's become all about Beth?  Ramona is probably making all kinds of offerings in thanks to the gods for bringing Beth to distract everyone from Ramona's scandals.

Ramona should not name call but damn Kristen is dumb and hungry for attention. 

LuAnn and Jill spoke of Mario's unfaithfulness in Season 2 and 3 at the Reunion, and LuAnn brought it up again Season 4, LuAnn brought it up again this season.  LuAnn seems to have a lot invested in Mario and making him look bad for someone who wigged out when Ramona said her estranged husband (not that she let on during the season they were separated) was twice her age.  Apparently, they don't consider Avery's feelings.    I don't know how one goes about having a conversation with Ramona and Mario's unfaithfulness or marriage scandals.  I kind of like the idea that Ramona does not go on and on about it.   When she tried with Sonja, Sonja made it about her, she did talk it through with Dorinda, LuAnn just wants to talk about Mario and him being on Match.com (gee LuAnn really, no one did that to you about the Count) and Bethenny can't get over the fact Ramona and Mario may be cohabitating and getting along.  This would be Bethenny who lived with her ex in the same apartment for a year.  Then during Ramona's birthday getaway to Atlantic City they all squabbled over where they waited and why they took off late.  I am thinking Ramona does not want to give Mario the satisfaction of talking about him on camera.  She is smart not ot bash him too much if she truly desires to reconcile at some point.

I really don't like Ramona but when she does open up the others say they don't believe her or her feelings so what is the point in opening up to them.  I have never seen such a group of women tell someone their feelings are wrong or disingenuous like this group does.  Kristen and LuAnn perhaps need some lessons in the idea of two way streets.  Now that Bethenny is there to cry at the drop of a hat all of sudden Heather, Kristen and LuAnn seem to have no issues with her.

(edited)

Wow. That shows no respect for the institution of marriage, the officiate (if it was a priest. minister or rabbi-- the church or the state) or anyone else connected to her sham.... I think it is shameful and I have absolutely no pity for that person.  Of all the people who were denied marriage and she makes a mockery of it--she is "real" alright, Real Cold.  She deserves all the negative shit she is getting and I support Jason's fight to retain 50% of his custody and the ability to raise Brynne with people who know how to have relationships and where commitments are honored and where you don't just toss people out when your feel their usefulness for your career and personal aspirations has ended.  I feel like she committed fraud on him.  If I were Heather, Kristen and Dorinda, I would not want to know Bethenny well and keep her at arms length. I really feel sorry for Brynn. Her mother is a narcissist.

The old Bethenny would have gravitated more towards Heather, Kristen and Carole. But this Bethenny fits right in with the UES as much as she would like to say things like "our kind of people, really?" and other crude comments about plastic surgery procedures (in which she is kind of a poster child for -- one more nose job and it's a M.Jackson special). She is one of those people who "thinks" they are down to earth but really are picky OCD princesses (much in common with Ramona....). Peddle that Skinny Girl licensing to the moon and back, Beth, but pushing your bitterness on tv is not helping your personal brand. 

Absolutely! See I think Jason gets a very raw deal because I feel that Jason went all in to that relationship and the humiliation and disregard that Beth showed him when dissolving their marriage was just so wrong. I do agree with you that Jason was somewhat the victim of fraud. Maybe their was a bit of a famewhore there but considering that we saw first hand his families dynamic and how he was brought up I don't doubt that he planned on bringing the same level of commitment and honor to his own marriage and family. Something that Beth was hell bent on not allowing him to do and then to dissolve the union, making such a decision that affects THEIR child for the rest of her life after no real attempts by Beth to even try and honor all of them and their family. I feel like Jason knew she had issues but truly believed that Beth would go into their life together open minding and willing to try and have a connection which he slowly started to realize was never her intent from jump. That I think is what the jarring part of their very bad parting and his persistence in demanding what he's demanding. I don't think he's being greedy I think it's more like getting a court case where someone is suing for the pain and suffering. Who does that to someone else except a straight narcissist?

I have to say I've always been on Jason's side cause I saw their show and Beth was such a complete selfish nightmare. No matter what Jason did she was off on a tangent kind of like what she's been doing with these ladies this season. It's always about her fragile state, her broken state, what she can't endure, what she can't offer, what she can't be expected to tolerate and how for some reason that was supposed to be everyone else's problem to maneuver through. My God the list is endless with this woman and I can't.

Edited by Sincerely Yours
  • Love 9

I really don't like Ramona but when she does open up the others say they don't believe her or her feelings so what is the point in opening up to them. I have never seen such a group of women tell someone their feelings are wrong or disingenuous like this group does. Kristen and LuAnn perhaps need some lessons in the idea of two way streets. Now that Bethenny is there to cry at the drop of a hat all of sudden Heather, Kristen and LuAnn seem to have no issues with her.

I think why LuAnn has always been so invested in this Ramona and Mario situation because she knew Ramona was living a lie on camera and how Ramona came for her in season 4 when LuAnn's marriage ended in divorce too. Ramona played shit real cool like her marriage was so together when apparently it wasn't in LuAnn's book. She was in it to one up LuAnn because like you said LuAnn had been putting it out there that Mario wasn't faithful. These people know they have skeletons in their closet and most likely it would come out during the reunions. Granted Avery was young at the time when all this first came about but Ramona signed up for reality tv with the possibility that her marriage would finally be revealed as not so happily ever after.

• Love 4
(edited)

Thing was that no one had an issue they just had questions about what if anything would be affecting them? I really saw a pretty mild discussion about the whole thing and Beth's response was completely defensive instead of informative. I get that Beth is on edge but to handle every interaction so damn defensively is fucking obnoxious. I mean the comment was made that "dates needed to be changed" and Beth simply said they don't need to be changed and Kristens responses was a quick confused look to Ramona saying Oh.... That wasn't confrontational, no one followed that with any attack on Beth. No one was hoping mad or grumbling about anything so I don't understand why she felt she needed that whole manipulative display.

I don't view this conversation in isolation, Bethenny knew that her presence or lack of was an issue with some of the other ladies (Kristen) and she knew that it has been discussed by the group. She also knew that Kristen was itching for a fight after AOA, so it didn't surprise me that she felt Kristen was trying to start up again. Bethenny was definitely on the defensive, but not without reason IMO.

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 3

I don't recall Lu bashing Mario in previous seasons. She translated a fortune teller. Not her fault. And she made comments that they all knew. So what. Ramona has said and done much worse, commenting on Lu's open marriage, the age difference, her part time parenting skills. Ramona gives as good as she gets when it comes to trash talking. And she is usually the first to start. And i do believe she's in on the smack talk about mario this season. Just enough discussion about "mid life crisis " and online dating to cover her ass. If she takes him back, it's because he worked thru his crisis. If someone snarks on her about his Match profile, well she's already addressed it. Nothing to see here, move along. And if he stays with the other woman, she's rubbed it in her face just enough with the talk about him trying to woo her back at some point.

Ramona is a sneaky snide bitch. Noone is catching her offguard in regards to Mario IMO.

• Love 6

I don't view this conversation in isolation, Bethenny knew that her presence or lack of was an issue with some of the other ladies (Kristen) and she knew that it has been discussed by the group. She also knew that Kristen was itching for a fight after AOA, so it didn't surprise me that she felt Kristen was trying to start up again. Bethenny was definitely on the defensive, but not without reason IMO.

Except that Bethenny has had months to ruminate on the situation and according to her Twitter she's in a much better place with Kristen and Heather, but Bethenny's Bravo blog still reflects this idea that Kristen was starting shit about the T&C trip which Kristen was not. Bethenny has seen the episode. Why cling to this idea when she's now witnessed the video of Ramona stirring shit up?

• Love 10
(edited)

I'll give Beth the benefit of the doubt (with the contingency to change my mind) that she staged the crying.  Maybe I'm naive.  I think it may be a case of everyone learned their lesson and decided not to bring up or to respond to, her daughter, her custody agreement, her divorce, no questions or anything related to her life for the rest of the season (which the trip to Turks seems to be the bulk of) - otherwise know as the kid glove treatment.  Of course, I could be wrong.

Your post made me think more about the "staged crying" and what that means if we believe that it was planned.   If this assumption is correct, then it stands to reason that the rest of the cast was prompted to say or do something to initiate that response.  The more I think about it, the more I believe it's all far from "reality."

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2

LuAnn and Mario have been fighting in English and Italian since Season 1.  It really isn't the place of any of these women to carry a tale of infidelity.  Just a bit of history-Season 1 there had been a gossip item about LuAnn and the Count and LuAnn grabbing some guy's crotch while  dancing with him on stage.  Then it turns out that LuAnn and the Count were estranged during Season 1 and LuAnn refused to talk about it on camera.  Bethenny brought this up on her show when she had LuAnn on as a guest.  So Bethenny, Ramona, Jill, Alex and the rest pretty much knew LuAnn was full of it and forced the others to continue the lie.  Off camera it was woe is me on camera it was LuAnn the Countess of a stable marriage handing out dating advice. 

Since none of the principals had any concrete proof of Mario straying and I am most certainly discounting a fortune teller who could have easily been put up to saying such a thing, they should not go to the marriage thing.  They went to her vow renewal and made snarky comments all the while eating the food and drinking their booze.   

I have long held if a woman or man wants to go off on their spouse or significant other let them but please don't punish me when you two reconcile because you spilled your guts.  To me Ramona is being smart if she sees a future with Mario she has not said anything that they can't live down.  Far be it from me to tell a couple who was married 20+ years the aren't allowed to reconcile, forgive, forget and move forward.  In the case of Mario and Ramona they are in the process of dividing the marital assets.  I just cannot imagine being married to Ramona.  She has such a massive ego.

(edited)

She came to all that in the 30 seconds she was present amongst them before she starting her obnoxious, defensive schtick? Also what the hell is wrong with just having conversation? Maybe if Beth would, oh I don't know, LISTEN and process what is being said before deciding that she can't be bothered to engage or participate in a conversation to clarify whatever confusion there may be and responding so dramatically before completely understanding what's really going on. Her knee jerk reactions to everyone else's behavior causes most of the conflict. If Beth would just slow the hell down, and drink things in completely before having her meltdowns then they all would probably understand things better without all the nasty bullshit. Look if Beth wants to call bullshit on this person that person whatever but boy does this women never let anyone finish a thought or idea before blasting off in some form of dramatic reactions that's usually misplaced or at the very least completely exaggerated.

Beth only engages in conversations to respond  not to listen. You can't get a sentence out before she's attacking why you're even speaking to her, why you're saying what you're saying, misinterpreting your intent, the way the message is packaged, trying to decode what you're saying using her batshit crazy skinny girl decoder ring that translate things backwards then throws it at you like that's what you were getting at. Sheesh woman. Shut up, listen and then formulate a freaking response. All she does is spit back 90's cliques, tears, fake sleeping and all before you've even made your point. She's the cut off queen and that's one of the things I really despise about her. Hey by all means, don't be happy with what's being said to you but damn let a person finish before assuming the rest of the conversation and hurling nastiness in "defense" to the voices in your head and not the actual words that are being said to you. Ugghhh! 

Edited by Sincerely Yours
  • Love 10

Your post made me think more about the "staged crying" and what that means if we believe that it was planned.   If this assumption is correct, then it stands to reason that the rest of the cast was prompted to say or do something to initiate that response.  The more I think about it, the more I believe it's all far from "reality."

Then why are LuAnn, Kristen, Heather and Carole befuddled at the endless dramallama waterworks on display by Bethenny?   Doesn't stand to reason.

• Love 3

Ramona should not name call but damn Kristen is dumb and hungry for attention. 

LuAnn and Jill spoke of Mario's unfaithfulness in Season 2 and 3 at the Reunion, and LuAnn brought it up again Season 4, LuAnn brought it up again this season.  LuAnn seems to have a lot invested in Mario and making him look bad for someone who wigged out when Ramona said her estranged husband (not that she let on during the season they were separated) was twice her age.  Apparently, they don't consider Avery's feelings.    I don't know how one goes about having a conversation with Ramona and Mario's unfaithfulness or marriage scandals.  I kind of like the idea that Ramona does not go on and on about it.   When she tried with Sonja, Sonja made it about her, she did talk it through with Dorinda, LuAnn just wants to talk about Mario and him being on Match.com (gee LuAnn really, no one did that to you about the Count) and Bethenny can't get over the fact Ramona and Mario may be cohabitating and getting along.  This would be Bethenny who lived with her ex in the same apartment for a year.  Then during Ramona's birthday getaway to Atlantic City they all squabbled over where they waited and why they took off late.  I am thinking Ramona does not want to give Mario the satisfaction of talking about him on camera.  She is smart not ot bash him too much if she truly desires to reconcile at some point.

I really don't like Ramona but when she does open up the others say they don't believe her or her feelings so what is the point in opening up to them.  I have never seen such a group of women tell someone their feelings are wrong or disingenuous like this group does.  Kristen and LuAnn perhaps need some lessons in the idea of two way streets.  Now that Bethenny is there to cry at the drop of a hat all of sudden Heather, Kristen and LuAnn seem to have no issues with her.

Ramona had no problem outing the Count for cheating on LuAnn during their marriage or claiming they had an open marriage. She slammed LuAnn's parenting, outed LuAnn's daughter for her friend getting drunk at her party and passing out while a teenager. Ramona has spotlighted may negative things about LuAnn AND her children on camera numerous times over the years, so much so that, IMO, LuAnn is showing restraint in talking about Mario's infidelity on camera to Ramona. 

As for her reluctance to talk to the other HWs about Mario/marriage/cheating, IMO, it is because she is afraid they will do to her like she did them, reveal what she knows with perverse pleasure on camera.

I would agree with this except that even after seeing what Ramona said before she got there, she is claiming Kristen was trying to "start" something despite what the facts/evidence show and she defends Ramona while coming for/at Kristen which is backwards thinking IMO. Kristen asked Bethenny a simple question that was based on what Ramona told them, a question that only Bethenny herself could answer. She should be upset at Ramona for putting words in her mouth and/or for putting her in the spotlight once again when she does "not" want any attention, not Kristen. JMO

• Love 8

She came to all that in the 30 seconds she was present amongst them before she starting her obnoxious, defensive schtick? Also what the hell is wrong with just having conversation? Maybe if Beth would, oh I don't know, LISTEN and process what is being said before deciding that she can't be bothered to engage or participate in a conversation to clarify whatever confusion there may be and responding so dramatically before completely understanding what's really going on. Her knee jerk reactions to everyone else's behavior causes most of the conflict. If Beth would just slow the hell down, and drink things in completely before having her meltdowns then they all would probably understand things better without all the nasty bullshit. Look if Beth wants to call bullshit on this person that person whatever but by does this women never let anyone finish a thought or idea before blasting off in some form of dramatic reactions that's usually misplaced or at the very least completely exaggerated.

While I don't disagree with you, I do think there's another factor to be considered.   On more than one occasion we've seen a HW set themselves up for Bethenny's "knee jerk reactions" by bringing up... [insert whatever]... the very second Bethenny arrives.  This time it was Kristen.  While we may react to that situation in a less exaggerated fashion, Bethenny's response doesn't surprise me.   No one wants to walk into a room/party/event and be greeted that way.  There is such a thing as timing.  Kristen could have waited until a more opportune moment to approach Bethenny.  It probably wouldn't have changed Bethenny's reaction all that much considering what we know about her but it could have. 

She couldn't try them on.  They were frozen somewhere in the space-time continuum by my mighty efforts to mind-suck them through my TV screen and into my living room.

Hee. They were pretty fab, and would've went with her Elvis tee like Ramona's lips pair with Beth's jock.

I honestly think that the Beth that many of us liked in the past will be back.

That very well could be, but what about for those of us who only became familiar with her this season? For me, she's left such an awful impression for eleven episodes straight, that I can't imagine ever really liking her, no matter what's in store for the rest of the season.

• Love 3
(edited)

While I don't disagree with you, I do think there's another factor to be considered.   On more than one occasion we've seen a HW set themselves up for Bethenny's "knee jerk reactions" by bringing up... [insert whatever]... the very second Bethenny arrives.  This time it was Kristen.  While we may react to that situation in a less exaggerated fashion, Bethenny's response doesn't surprise me.   No one wants to walk into a room/party/event and be greeted that way.  There is such a thing as timing.  Kristen could have waited until a more opportune moment to approach Bethenny.  It probably wouldn't have changed Bethenny's reaction all that much considering what we know about her but it could have. 

It wasn't the second Bethenny walked into the photo shoot. Bethenny was on the phone for several minutes, then she greeted everyone. LuAnn reminded Kristen that she needed to get ready for the photo shoot, so she asked Bethenny if she needed the dates for the T&C trip changed because she had to leave the group discussion to get herself ready. If Bethenny had just admitted to over reacting to this very harmless question in her blog without accusing Kristen of trying to start sh-t after seeing what was said by Ramona directly before she walked in, then yes, I could/would cut her some slack on her OTT fake crying tangent, but alas, she didn't and I don't/won't. LOL

Oh, and IMO, just mine, Bethenny brings the stuff up first 90% of the time, then gets upset when anyone asks her a relevant question to her comments. IMO, she is setting up the others to use them for her poor, pitiful Bethenny redemption tour.  JMO

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 4

I am not. When you consider it was during the hight of her success as both a reality star and as a business woman, she was riding on a huge ego boost. Why wouldn't she think announcing to the father of her child she is dissolving their marriage through a LETTER is a good idea? She is a star and an entrepreneur, she can do anything she damn well pleases, how she damn well pleases.

If she can break the news to him this way and think it is okay, she probably also thought she'll have full access to her daughter. She couldn't possibly have been that stupid but decision made by people with over inflated egos are a thing of wonder. 

It has been reported in several places (and posted here numerous times) that it was mutually agreed upon in their prenup that if either one of them wanted a divorce, it had to be put in writing.  So it's not like Bethenny just did it to be shitty.  

But this Bethenny fits right in with the UES as much as she would like to say things like "our kind of people, really?" and other crude comments about plastic surgery procedures (in which she is kind of a poster child for -- one more nose job and it's a M.Jackson special). 

I could make a lot of criticism of Bethenny's behavior, but the last thing I would do is suggest she has turned into a UES snob.  She is pure racetrack, to the bone, lol.  

Judging from old pictures of Bethenny (and her mom) Bethenny doesn't look to me like she has ever had a nose job.  Her nose looks essentially the same as when she was a kid, and much like her mom's nose. If she did anything to it at all, it was very subtle and she is nowhere near Michael Jackson territory imo. 

• Love 2