Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E12: I'm Not The Only One

The stupidity of Lori trying to get out of jail and get custody of Carter. No court would actually see this in the light of day. UGH!  

Carter really should have announced her full name as Carter Lyndon Wilson, just to piss Lori off. Nothing fazes that bitch.

The ending with the introduction to Ben Wallace. Again. If children are so precious to Lori then why didn't she have Ben with her all these years?

So.Done.Show.  You have jumped the shark

• Love 6

No court would listen to an argument that a kidnapper gets to keep their victim if they pretend to be a parent. Of course a kidnapped three year old will accept the adult the're with as a parent. And egg donors are not legal parents. The secret son coming in at the end seemed especially soapy.

• Love 4

What the fuck kind of legal consultant does this show have? Lori taking good care of Carter doesn't make it okay that she kidnapped her.  Egg donors sign away their legal rights to any child (in the real world anyway. Maybe the egg donor place is as incompetent as the lawyers on this show).  And Carter loving Lori doesn't change anything either.  Any child is going to love the person who took care of them.  

At least we found out that guy is a relative before Carter or Taylor slept with him.

Also, way to totally brush off Kyle's death like it was nothing.  You'd think that would get a bit more play this week. 

• Love 6

I am also baffled by these (as far as I know) underage kids continuing to live on their own in their parents' homes: Byrd & what's his name, Kyle's kid (who btw has the stupidest haircut I've ever seen). Weren't Byrd's parents on the lam or something from the IRS?
And why should we care about Byrd anyway? Where is social services?

• Love 4

I would think that a minor could  not be subpoenaed to testify.  And it really doesn't matter if Carter loved Lori, it is kind of leftover feelings from when she thought she was her mother.   Shouldn't be enough for Lori to get off and get custody of Carter. It's also a good point made above that Lori would have signed away her rights.

The guy claiming to be Lori and David's son must be adopted if this isn't a lie otherwise Carter would have known him.  I'm not sure how he is going to help the case other than prove Lori and David had an affair.

At first I thought they were kind of ignoring Gabes reaction to Kyle's death, but as the show went on, I think it was possibly more realistic than I originally thought.  I think they are showing a form of denial, he is in too much shock for it to really hit him, so he is going along like he usually is to try to stay normal and not have to deal with what happened.  I experienced something similar, and found out later that I wasn't dealing with grief properly because of the suddenness of what happened.  So its possible its not just bad writing.  He seemed a bit unhinged at the end so that's why I think they are depicting his grief the way they are. 

• Love 1

What judge would tell a jury to disregard the fact that a kidnapper had a gun and the kidnapped believed the gun was used to keep her from escaping because that belief was "speculation"?? And how is a 17 year old served??

And what was the point that of having Carter and Max sleep together if it didn't actually affect anything?

And why am I still watching this show? I think it might be written by a 12 year old.

• Love 11

What judge would tell a jury to disregard the fact that a kidnapper had a gun and the kidnapped believed the gun was used to keep her from escaping because that belief was "speculation"?? And how is a 17 year old served??

And what was the point that of having Carter and Max sleep together if it didn't actually affect anything?

And why am I still watching this show? I think it might be written by a 12 year old.

Co-sign on Max and Carter like there was no logical reason for them to sleep together If Taylor was just going to be like eh... Okay.

Lori gets pregnant and doesn't run and tell David even though she's obsessed with him??? Suuuure...

This show really just fails at making itself great. So are we to believe that after a minor loses their parents, relatives just leave said minor by himself. Is that even legal?? Like in what world?? And a guidance counselor visiting the home to have sex with a grieving teen instead of idk.....counseling.

*Sigh* I wanted this show to be great but its just one huge fail after another.

Lastly where the heck is Ofe?? Damien kid is a weird intrusion.

• Love 3

Well. That was...different. I guess we won't know if he's really Carter & Taylor's brother, or has been told he's their brother but he's not until the show returns. And why are Byrd's parents suddenly back? And now Madison, who pretty much turned up out of nowhere, is gone now. This show doesn't seem to have any idea of what's going on, the writers are just coming up with random stuff. I hope they take this time off to figure out how to get the show on track.

Lastly where the heck is Ofe?? Damien kid is a weird intrusion.

I know, it's really strange having this kid have all these scenes like he's been there since the beginning, when he just got here. Was he brought on just so Gabe could have somewhere to live?

• Love 3
(edited)
If children are so precious to Lori then why didn't she have Ben with her all these years?

And why has Ben been in courtrooms for 16 years?  And why isn't Lori trying to get Taylor? She's her egg, too! What a pile of crap.

Was Lori the surrogate for them or just the egg donor? I thought she actually carried the twins and that was the bond she couldn't sever. If just the egg donor, I can't see an iota of reason behind all this insanity.

If not written by, at least for? I don't think intelligent adults are exactly the demographic they're shooting for.

ETA: Carter is close to 18, WTF is this about custody? For what? Six months? As if!

Edited by Ms Lark
  • Love 1
(edited)

OMG!  This show is so ludicrous. The whole "legal" everything about this show is ridiculous.  And the questioning in the courtroom, ugh.  

And yes, what was the freaking point of Max and Carter sleeping together if two episodes later it would be moot?  This show really isn't interesting in playing out any emotional beats.

Likewise, the whole post Kyle death stuff was just odd.  I did appreciate that they let Gabe be mad at Elizabeth (she hurt his dad by stringing him along twice, dumped him twice, and then he died saving her). But the rest of that story was just  plain odd. And now Damon (?) is close enough that Gabe would live with him... where was he for the first 15 episodes of this bloody show?  He just appeared one episode, and then the next Ofe was gone and suddenly Damon hangs out with them all the time.

And finally... OK, so they have a biological brother.  He has ZERO to do with this case.  He wasn't raised by Lori (I think Carter would have noticed) and doesn't know Carter.  He isn't needed to establish the affair, it isn't disputed. He cannot testify to anything of relevance. He has no knowledge of Carter or her relationship with Lori, couldn't possibly know Lori well since Carter doesn't know him at all, and has less information about the Wilsons.  Other than saying he's Lori and David's (not) love child and maybe that he's spoken to Lori several times over the last 16 years, what does he know about any of them?   For most of his entire life Lori was caring for Carter, then she was on the run, then she was incarcerated.

Also, you mean to tell me that Lori was FUCKING OBSESSED with two eggs she donated but abandoned the child she actually created, carried, and birthed? Does she have something against male children?  Are we to believe she just popped him out, dumped her infant somewhere and then snatched one of the toddlers who had a twin, parents, and a home? WTF? And just how is ditching the kid who would be indisputably legally her child going to support her claims that she should be legally considered the mother of the child that resulted from an egg donation? There isn't a magic hat big enough from which to pull the explanatory rabbit for this shit to make sense.

BTW I don't care about Bird and I care less about Madison. Scenes with just them together have no purpose for me.

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 15
(edited)
Also, you mean to tell me that Lori was FUCKING OBSESSED with two eggs she donated but abandoned the child she actually created, carried, and birthed? Does she have something against male children?  Are we to believe she just popped him out, dumped her infant somewhere and then snatched one of the toddlers who had a twin, parents, and a home? WTF? And just how is ditching the kid who would be indisputably legally her child going to support her claims that she should be legally considered the mother of the child that resulted from an egg donation? There isn't a magic hat big enough from which to pull the explanatory rabbit for this shit to make sense.

This is my head scratcher.  Even though Ben has been in and out of courts for 16 years, that doesn't mean he's 16.  He looks older and the only thing that would make any sense at all to me is that Lori and David had the affair earlier and David made her give the child up for adoption, or the child was taken from Lori when he was a toddler/baby due to some neglect.  Then she decided to be the egg donor when Elizabeth couldn't conceive on her own to get back at David.  How ridiculous!!!  It makes no sense that she would kidnap one of the egg donor twins and not try to kidnap the child she carried for nine months.  Something doesn't add up with this scenario!!!  I'm also trying to remember if David knew she was the egg donor or not.  I remember the scene with David and Lori meeting at the park with the twins in a stroller.  If he did know, then he probably thought her reasons for doing this were altruistic instead of revenge. 

I guess it's possible that she did indeed get pregnant with Ben after she donated her eggs.  David forced her to either get an abortion or have the child put up for adoption, so she decided to take one of his twins from him to get back at him.  If this is the case, then I feel her rationale behind everything is to get back at David.  If it's because she really wanted to be a mom, then I feel she would have fought to gain custody of her son from the system. 

Edited by Sammich63
  • Love 1

I don't think he knew she was the donor. And It seems like he met her when the girls were a few months old. I'm not sure why the lawyer thinks using the affair is a win for Lori. To me, it further highlights her crazy obsession by purposefully targeting him, with the intention of trying to get closer to the kids so she could kidnap them. And why isn't the prosecution bringing up the fact that she signed away her rights, then unlawfully broke into medical files and tracked down the family?? Oh yeah, because that would make too much sense!

• Love 3

This show really just fails at making itself great.

I know it's only June but I think I have identified the understatement of the year. (hee!) 

I seriously considered making my entire write-up on the finale the word "wut" but for you guys I rallied, because every time I write "AM I TAKING CRAZY PILLS" in my notes I know y'all will be here for me. We should all really quit this shit, but thanks for the laughs in the meantime.

Max's Hair 2016

• Love 5

Was Lori the surrogate for them or just the egg donor? I thought she actually carried the twins and that was the bond she couldn't sever. If just the egg donor, I can't see an iota of reason behind all this insanity.

She was just the "anonymous" egg donor, who signed away any legal claim to said eggs before implantation even happened. Elizabeth carried and gave birth to them, and is their legal mother in every way imaginable. In other words, this show is ridiculous.

• Love 4

I suppose it is possible the son was taken away from Lori (due to her general craziness) and she couldn't find him so she went after Carter. But then there would be no reason for him to testify, it just makes Lori look worse.

But in the real world Lori could not only be charged with kidnapping, but with stealing medical records, drugging Carter, holding a gun on people, and evading arrest. Probably stalking too.

• Love 3

The only way I can see the writers digging themselves out of this hole is if they did "it was all a dream" ala Pamela Ewing.

The whole story would have worked if the Wilsons finally realized that Lori is totally out of their lives (Elizabeth comes in and says she's been put away for 20 years), they rejoice and knock knock, Carter opens the door. 

Ben: I'm looking for David Wilson.

Carter: Dad it's for you.

David: Yes can I help you?

Ben: Did you have an affair with Lori Stevens, 16 years ago? I am your son.

Beat. End credits.

THAT may be soapy but easier to swallow.

• Love 1

Bringing on the son has to be the most stupid plot twist they could think up. How does Lori explain no interest in the son, but having an interest in an egg donation she should know nothing about. I hope the Wilson's sue the company who provided the donation because everything is supposed to be coded by numbers and Lori should not have been able to find any information out about where her paid donation went.

There is also the matter of trying to get custody of a 17 year old. No court on earth would force a 17 year old or any other child to live with their kidnapper. That is the craziest thing I ever heard of. So then all these nut cases who kidnap babies can justify keeping their victims from their parents because they want them? I really like Carter's family and there is enough story there without bringing in this unbelievable stuff.

Oh, wow. How did the show get more episodes for this season? What is this show? 

"Finding a Plot"?  Because it certainly isn't 'Finding Carter' anymore.

• Love 2

Hmm... the only way this could get more soapy is if the child is actually Carter's twin and was switched with Taylor at birth. OR he could be their fraternal triplet who they thought had died but was in fact in hiding all these years...

• Love 2

I continue to wonder both why am I still watching and what stupid plot twist will I see next? This new son shouldn't make any difference to Lori being a crazy kidnapper. She could still be having an affair with David. It wouldn't change her kidnappy actions. 

Knowing this show, though, I'm guessing Lori is released and gets full custody of Carter, Taylor, and Grant, too, because why the hell not? 

• Love 1
(edited)

I continue to wonder both why am I still watching and what stupid plot twist will I see next? This new son shouldn't make any difference to Lori being a crazy kidnapper. She could still be having an affair with David. It wouldn't change her kidnappy actions. 

For Reals. Lori not only kidnapped Carter as a toddler, she kidnapped her again as a teen and the second time she drugged her, threatened her with a gun, and held her against her will.  That's a battery followed by assault with a deadly weapon followed by false imprisonment.  Not to mention she either just attempted suicide or faked an attempt which shows she is at minimum volatile and at worst possibly  a sociopath or has borderline personality disorder. 

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 5

For Reals. Lori not only kidnapped Carter as a toddler, she kidnapped her again as a teen and the second time she drugged her, threatened her with a gun, and held her against her will.  That's a battery followed by assault with a deadly weapon followed by false imprisonment. 

You better watch it.That's speculation, according to the totally inept judge.  Why are all the adults on this show so awful at their job??

• Love 1
(edited)

2607860600.jpg

Ugh, why Gape why you so dumb dumb.... I had to LOL @ this picture though because this doesn't dissuade me from thinking he looks like an ape....

I think even the writers, producers, creators, actors, or any one in the film crew don't have any clue as to what is going on the show....

Edited by OrientalAmish
(edited)

I was really hoping the grief would drive him to cut his awful, awful hair.  Maybe next season....

I'm hoping maybe they write him out next season.... or if insist on torturing us with his presence again, they should cut off hair like you said....And, why is that fucking ex guidance counselor coming back to him? Is his dick so damn awesome? Even Damon has a better chance of hooking up with her cuz he's more cuter.... But, still not hot enough to let go of logic....

That is if there will even be a season 3....

Edited by OrientalAmish

Scooby Doo had more realistic storylines than this show does. Seriously, twelve years old, with short term memory deficit.  The writers cannot remember anything that they wrote two episodes back or from week to week.  This show. Gawd. 

My theory: Grant doesn't live there anymore, he moved out to his grandparents and no one in that entire family household has even noticed yet. I think they all think he's just in his room all the time.  

The goal of the writers seems to be to kill off or otherwise sideline all the adults and have the kids all live in one or two houses, unsupervised but with unlimited funds upon which to live and shop and generally be upper middle class in general.  I mean, how long until Ben moves int with David and Elizabeth?  

Crash - no parents

Gabe - no parents

Bird - on her own parents or not irrelevant

Max - parents out of state

Grant - invisible

Taylor - mostly ignored 

Carter - the focus of everyone's attention and then some, but still completely unsupervised and independent  More parents than anyone would wish for. 

So glad this is not on for a few months. I keep watching it and it isn't good to be this irritated every Tuesday. 

• Love 3

I would hate to be Alex Saxon (Max) if he wanted to cut his hair.... The show probably wouldn't let him or if he went behind everyone's back + did it then could you imagine the huge riots that break out over it? Ugh gawd, why am I even thinking of this? His hair is not a big deal.... As I keep trying to tell myself....;-x

I had to LOL when David was trying to give Elizabeth the pep talk, "You are the most loving devoted parent" 

RIGHHHT

• Love 4
(edited)

You better watch it.That's speculation, according to the totally inept judge.  Why are all the adults on this show so awful at their job??

Right?  I watched it happen and therefor am a percipient witness to what Lori (fictionally) did and said, and yet these assholes would object to that testimony as hearsay and the idiot judge would sustain it.

I would hate to be Alex Saxon (Max) if he wanted to cut his hair.... The show probably wouldn't let him or if he went behind everyone's back + did it then could you imagine the huge riots that break out over it? 

It would be Keri Russell's Falicity hair debacle all over again.

Oy! Edited because apparently I cannot type "hair" today. 

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 3

It's MTV and so all adults must suck? Maybe I'm too old to be watching MTV.

I would hate to be Alex Saxon (Max) if he wanted to cut his hair.... The show probably wouldn't let him or if he went behind everyone's back + did it then could you imagine the huge riots that break out over it? Ugh gawd, why am I even thinking of this? His hair is not a big deal.... As I keep trying to tell myself....;-x

The actor is also on the Fosters, and last week they had a character talk about how nice is hair was and how it was prettier than hers.

• Love 2

Hey, I have a question. I was wondering about the Wilson's money troubles. Where did they go? I remember why David never gave the manuscript to the editor but knowing why he wanted to cash in on his family in the first place, I don't understand where this storyline went. Did I miss something?

Hey, I have a question. I was wondering about the Wilson's money troubles. Where did they go? I remember why David never gave the manuscript to the editor but knowing why he wanted to cash in on his family in the first place, I don't understand where this storyline went. Did I miss something?

Nope, I've been wondering what happened to David's book (& his whole career as a writer) went to also. I guess the money troubles went away when he got the job teaching, but I have no idea what happened with his agent or his book.

Well, that storyline wasn't about teens having sex or drinking and doing drugs so I guess MTV decided it wasn't worth telling. Sad because it's the family stuff I find the most interesting. Like, I would love to know more about what the Wilson's went through when Carter was still missing. They probably spent a lot of money in trying to find her and that would be a great storyline, how now that she's back and the family is whole again, trying to rebuild their lives. Maybe get the family involved, it could be an interesting way to tell backstory, have David interview his family about what they went through.  Mostly I'd love to hear Taylor and (poor kid, I totally blanked on his name) Grant's story of growing up in the shadow of their missing sister. I think that would be fascinating. It's such an unusual situation and it would be a reminder that this didn't just happen to Carter, it didn't just happen to her parents, it happened to her whole family, even to the son who wasn't even born yet, this happened to him too. He was also affected by it his whole life.

I hate how Lori can sit there and drag this whole family through this and think that Carter is going to love her. Carter cares about her family. She may still care about Lori to an extent too, but not if Lori's only goal in life is to destroy the family Carter has now.

• Love 1

I totally loved this show...now it's a hate watch. Really no parental supervision. Taylor sleeps at her boyfriends whenever Poor ignored Grant. Though calling Carter Elephant was a nice callback And Ofe, left to go to another show (Between, with the awesome Jeanette McCurdy) and is replaced by boring whatever his name is.

• Love 2

Literally only watched this far to see Maxlor back together, and now that the show has done ONE THING right, I'm out. The number of "I can't evens" this season followed by rage stuttering leads me to believe it is not good for my health. Every time I'm like "but, isn't the IRS after them? How do they have money for shopping?" or "wait, kidnapping is a federal offense and also she's a minor she can't be subpoenaed and also how could Elizabeth have stolen the girls when LORI GAVE UP HER EGGS!!" (see, rage) I have to remind myself this show is written for (and, clearly, by) teenagers who don't care, so neither should I. Great premise, agonizingly torturous execution.

• Love 3

WTF is this show, even? I watched the season premiere and got a bad feeling, so waited until now to binge watch and catch up on posts.

What the everlucking fuck is going on on this show? Nothing makes any real-world sense. Characters turn on a dime. It's like the writers and producers don't even know what kind of show they're putting out. Where do I begin?

• The Elizabeth the Cop stuff is CRINGEWORTHY.
  • The reunion between her and David is RIDONKULOUS. That marriage was in ashes that she was dancing in during the pilot. Watrous and Denisof have angry ex chemistry, not happy spouse chemistry. What a waste.
  • THE CABIN EPISODE. It made me ill, the soap tropes (everyone not involved totally knows), the horrendous dialogue (Madison: "young people do [crazy things]" - young people?! young people?!! who is writing this, Captain Kangaroo and Mr Greenjeans?).
  • BIRD. WHY IS BIRD? Why is Carter still friends with Bird? That one spikes my blood pressure, I'll leave it there.
  • Crash is a mannequin. Stop trying to make Crash happen. When David hugged Crash, I gagged.
  • Taylor is a total bitch except for the one ep when Carter and Max are hiding their hookup, then suddenly she's sweet Taylor. And then a bitch again. I guess I should hand it to Anna Jacoby-Heron, because she sold the passive aggressive bitchiness, but I didn't like Taylor any more for that, however "justified" her "downward spiral" was.
  • David is a shitbag and a lying liar who lies. Where did that go? Where.is.the.book?
  • They don't know what do with Lori and never have. Everything with her is a total ass-pull.
  • "Madison". As unconvincing as an "actress" as as a budding lesbian.

I know that there is a formula here. It's a "teen show" so they show teen angst and I guess whatever a network exec thinks is edgy teen behavior (drinking, drugs, sex we don't see). But it was like this past season had been taken over by new producers who had no interest in the original premise, which while flawed was potentially intriguing. But then they don't even follow their own narrative from season to season.

The Surprise Twist should not have been "Ben Wallace." One because, the fuck? And two, the actor is too cute to waste as a bio relative of the twins. He had better chem with Kathryn Prescott in a one minute scene outside the courtroom than she has had with "Crash" since the show began.

The Surprise Twist should have been that David was complicit in Carter's kidnapping in some way, in order to cash in on writing a book about it. Maybe things got out of hand, but that should have been the secret to end secrets. I know this because I've watched TV before! It writes itself! What is wrong with these people?

Oh and did they cut the budget? I feel like there used to be more landscaping in front of the Wilson house.

• Love 3

I just watched this today and I'm not sure I can keep watching solely because of Max's hair.

This show's premise has so much potential but they keep throwing it away. Argh.

• Love 1