Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Primetime Emmys - General Discussion

Message added by formerlyfreedom

A reminder that all Primetimer rules and policies are in effect during live chats, including politics policy. Please stick to discussion of the show. Thank you.

• Start Topic

I'll be honest, I would have been happy with Sam Bee or Seth Meyers winning the award and was actually pulling for Seth because I don't think he gets the recognition he deserves.

I would have been happy with a Sam Bee, Seth Meyers, or Stephen win if John Oliver did not win. I think your are right that Seth does not get that much recognition. I think he gets out shined by shows that are flashier. Seth seems more low key and I really like it.

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 6

I wish we could see clips for all the acting nominees.* I haven't see Handmaid's Tale or Big Little Lies but that little extra something might persuade me to.

*rather than a sketch with "Emmy"

Edited by FoundTime
Because spelling
  • Love 7

Lena Waithe and Aziz Ansari winning for that Thanksgiving episode for Master of None is probably the highlight of all the wins so far. So well-deserved. That episode was absolute genius. Lena's speech was beautiful and made me tear up just a little bit.

• Love 9
Just now, bmoore4026 said:

And now a circlejerk for diversity

You really have to appreciate the irony here: CBS is  the least diverse of the broadcast neworks.  And when they had a show with a racially and trans diverse cast, Doubt, they dumped it  after two episodes.

• Love 9

I'm in the minority here but why do we need to hear about diversity....and the fact that Lena is the first African American woman to win got writing?  Who cares?  If she is talented why does it matter what race or gender she is?  The whole clip on diversity is so self righteous.  There has always been inclusion.  Making it about race IS racist.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Laurie4H said:

I'm in the minority here but why do we need to hear about diversity....and the fact that Lena is the first African American woman to win got writing?  Who cares?  If she is talented why does it matter what race or gender she is?  The whole clip on diversity is so self righteous.  There has always been inclusion.  Making it about race IS racist.

Executives don't care.  If they were anymore shallow, they'd be a desert.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Laurie4H said:

Because it's shocking that it hasn't happened yet

• Love 21
1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

I dunno. Seems like a pretty big milestone worthy of mention. But that's just me

Not just you.  I agree completely. Congrats Lena.  And congrats Aziz.

Is Master of None on Netflix?  My sister has Netflix.  Please tell me it is on Netflix.

• Love 13
Just now, Macbeth said:

Not just you.  I agree completely. Congrats Lena.  And congrats Aziz.

Is Master of None on Netflix?  My sister has Netflix.  Please tell me it is on Netflix.

It's on Netflix ❤️

• Love 1