Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Primetime Emmys - General Discussion

Message added by formerlyfreedom

A reminder that all Primetimer rules and policies are in effect during live chats, including politics policy. Please stick to discussion of the show. Thank you.

• Start Topic

That hoagy joke was funny, even though it seemed as if it took the audience a minute to get the Dagwood reference. Personally, I didn't get what Robert Durst's connection was. In fact, it took me a moment to remember who he was.

And someone tell Gaby Hoffman that eyebrows are supposed to come in pairs.

Edited by reggiejax

Loved seeing Nathan in the cold open, especially considering Castle was not nominated for anything and chances are he isn't even in the audience.

Allison Janney is both hilarious and heartbreaking in Mom. I was rooting for her to win and not just because I had her in my Emmy pool.

Edited by cmahorror

That Paula Deen/Kim Davis joke followed by Eye of the Tiger joke was straight up ballsy and great.

It's kinda like when all of a sudden Adam Levine got hot. 

LOL well I can't say I've gotten to that point with Levine, but I get what you mean!

• Love 5

Keegan-Michael Key is fantastic. I hope he's on another TV series soon.

Check him out on USA's Playing House.  Hilarious show.  And he's great on it.  Plays a cop whose "jam" is the theme from Murder She Wrote.

• Love 2

Nice wins for Veep.  Could they finally be the one to dethrone Modern Family?

I wish, but I believe Veep took some of the acting awards a year or so ago and Modern Family still won. Didn't Transparent win a lot of Golden Globes? They could always take it over Modern Family too.

Mocking "Girls", I love it Andy.

• Love 2