Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17 Live Feed Discussion: Watch People Sleep All Day!

• Start Topic

If I were in the Out group, I wouldn't be spending my time planning things that require me to be HOH. That's too uncertain.

I'd try to get the big alliance to implode. First move would be to convince Shelli that Clay doesn't really like her and is doing to her what Liz is pulling on Austin.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'd try to get the big alliance to implode. First move would be to convince Shelli that Clay doesn't really like her and is doing to her what Liz is pulling on Austin.

1) they don't even realize there IS a big alliance, they think it's Shelli/Clay manipulating Vanessa and others, and 2) Meg et. al. have no ability to strategize at all, that sort of strategy would never occur to them. Jackie is still stuck on "why did they back out of the 8-person alliance, it doesn't make ANY sense". If they can't understand that Vanessa nominated Jason, after backing out of a house plan, and also Jeff 2 weeks ago, after backing out of a house plan, then Jackie sucks just as much as Meg and Jason. I still don't understand how these people can't see that.

I will say, though, that Vanessa, Clay, Shelli, Liz, and Austin have all done a pretty amazing job at distancing themselves from each other. After the initial suspicion from Jackie on Monday, no one has ever really connected Liz and Austin with the other three. Liz/Austin have really not talked at all with Shelli/Clay the past 3 days. So, in most people's minds, Liz/Austin/Julia are a completely separate and isolated group from Vanessa/Shelli/Clay.

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 2
(edited)

So they want to lead Jason/Meg on and make it seem like they're voting to keep him so Jackie votes Becky out which they will use to pull Jackie/Becky apart. LOL. I can't even hate on Shelli and Clay at this point. If Jason, Meg, James, Jackie are stupid enough to believe them then they deserve to be blindsided. Again.  

I kinda doubt Jackie will buy it though. 

Edited by Cutty

This week would be the perfect time for a Pressure Cooker style endurance comp, because so many people want and need to win. But one of the hamsters said yesterday they probably won't have any sort of endurance comp until after BotB is over, because there isn't enough time to fit in endurance comp, then nominations, then BotB, before Saturday's veto comp.

(edited)

If they can't understand that Vanessa nominated Jason, after backing out of a house plan, and also Jeff 2 weeks ago, after backing out of a house plan, then Jackie sucks just as much as Meg and Jason.

I'll agree with that.  I don't get the love for Jackie at all.  She's just another part of the mean clique.   She trash talks about as much as Jason.   Last night Vanessa and Shelli were laughing over how she said with a straight face that  Steve was a nice guy and that she has never said anything bad about him.

I'll take Vanessa over her any day.  At least I'm interested in the moves Vanessa makes.

Edited by vb68
  • Love 8

Jackie pretty much tanked her game this week. It was enjoyable to watch her go at Shelli but she's a sitting duck next week. She still can't believe people didn't stick with the fake 8 person alliance. It was totally foolproof! 

• Love 6

I'll take Vanessa over her any day.  At least I'm interested in the moves Vanessa makes.

As in - V is actually making real live moves? :)

That's what is irritating me the most about this season - with the exception of a 3-4 players, the almost-total lack of effective strategy play.

In terms of overt strategy, V is the winner hands down; she is the only HG I've seen whose gameplay reflects any significant consideration of the ramifications 3+ weeks on down the road. Shelli (and by implication Clay, since he seems for the most part to be borrowing Shelli's brain for the purposes of the show) occasionally dips her toe into the deep waters, but her default strategy appears to be reactive - putting out fires in the immediate sense, without much regard for positioning for future strength.

In stark contrast, J3M has little or no discernible strategy, overt or otherwise. I laugh long and hard at Jason and Meg's fun-poking at Steve saying it's a little late to start playing the game at Day 40, because this is pretty much exactly what they've done. Since Da's departure, the two of them have done little more than lay in bed or on the smoking couch and snark on other HGs. James is - well, James; loyal muscle, but not much else since his Week 1 HoH - and even then he pretty much just went along with Audrey's and Jason's suggestions (to be fair, though, the Week 1 eviction is almost always weak strategy-wise). Jackie apparently had a strategy of doing her best Victoria impersonation until Jury, but that went out the window when she stumbled into one of the dual HoH slots; now she's a guppy swimming among the sharks who doesn't realize she's a guppy. Calling what J3M has been doing since Jason's nom "strategy" is like saying when you're on the Titanic, the ship's hit an iceberg, and it's going down by the nose, it's a good "strategy" to think about finding a lifeboat; unfortunately (for them), the lifeboats are already long gone.

I find it kind of amusing that interest in the chess game appears to have increased in the past few days, because it's an excellent allegory for this season:

• V is the only player demonstrating any true strategic skill.
  • ClamShell rarely thinks more than a move in advance - but they ARE coach able, and at least they know how the pieces are supposed to move.
  • Laustilia are the pawns being carried along by the better players. They know there's a game going on around them, but can't do much more than just keep moving - just keep moving - and hope for a promotion in the future.
  • J3M are wood-pushers - moving pieces around at random, and hoping&praying they can stay alive until the Other Side screws up badly enough to drop a blindingly obvious, ready-made avenue of attack into their laps.

But that's all overt strategy; in terms of covert strategy, though...?

Hmmm....

Only possibilities I see at present are JMac and Steve. Theoretically it's possible they're playing a deep game, and I/we simply haven't had any of it exposed to us yet.

Theoretically.

But I doubt it.

• Love 16

Great post, Nashville. And I 100% agree. I do think it's actually a pretty good strategy of Vanessa's to need a "reason" to nominate and evict someone, like she did with Jeff and with Jason. Even if it's a made-up reason or a stupid reason, she can use that excuse to deflect any responsibility. So far, it's worked, since none of the BY Couch Crew is really concerned about her. Everything is focused on Clay and Shelli, with a side of Austin, the Twins, and Steve. 

Assuming Meg doesn't win an HOH (which, seems likely IMO...she told Vanessa yesterday that she gets super nervous during the live show competitions anyway), she'll be the one that Clay/Shelli/Vanessa want to bring with them. Theoretically, if the 6th Sense really can somehow make it intact to the top 8 or so, V/Shelli/Clay can use Meg as a vote. She's also a good Final 2 candidate, because she hasn't done anything, and unless the jury is extremely bitter, I can't see anyone voting for her over Vanessa/Shelli/Clay.

• Love 2

I think Julia on one of the first twin switchouts had a very long, gentle conversation with him about music and his life and what not. Since then he's very awkward and closed off around Liz/Austin but very relaxed around Julia. 

That's because Austin basically threatens him if he comes within a foot of Liz.  "NO TOUCHING STEVE!" 

Austin doesn't care about Julia so he probably doesn't care about her relationship with Steve. 

ETA: Vanessa said, about Jackie, "She's never gonna win a HOH anyway. If she gets lucky, we'll worry about it then." Bitch are you nuts?! I just want Jackie/Meg/James to get HOH and nom Austin/Shelli and Clay/Vanessa! Dammit, I need to buy a banner plane!

hmmmm did the first part of this week not happen to Vanessa? I know the time between HOH and BOtB is short, but dang, Jackie did actually win an HOH comp. 

• Love 1

I could see them being a bitter jury. I think most hate Austin & the Twins. They will hate Vanessa, Clay & Shelli for choosing them over Jason, Jackie & Meg. Also, they have a "good reason" not to vote for Vanessa. She turned on the "8 person alliance". See! Karma might bite Vanessa is her poker butt. LOL!!!

• Love 2

The bitter people won't be the majority though. Jason is gone pre-jury. Unless 2/3 of Meg, James, and Jackie win HOH, the likelihood of one of them going home this week is pretty high (probably Jackie), and most people think that person will be pre-jury too. And, unless part of the 6th Sense completely fuck over another part, then none of them will be bitter IMO. 

I mean, obviously, it depends on how the game goes, but if everyone is going to get Pagong'd out, then the bitter people will be a minority of jury votes.

• Love 2
(edited)

The only effective strategy I see for J3M?

Forget about attacking VaClamShell from the outside, because it's just not gonna work. At this point they'll see any overtures as moves born of desperation, which would flip in a heartbeat if J3M gets any degree of HoH control - so their default position at present is to nod politely, say whatever they think will keep you quiet until the eviction, and go right on ahead doing what's been working for them so far. Words right now are summer showers gently falling on the walls of the fortress.

J3M's only feasible option *I* see (and it's not real damn feasible, considering they have less than 32 hours before someone walks out the door) is to create internal discord - foment dissension in the ranks, so to speak. Best way I can think to do this? Go after the weakest link - Clay, and Shelli's relationship with him. Have Jackie (or maybe Meg, but I'd have MUCH less faith in her ability to pull it off convincingly) start playing up to him. Not a hard-core full-on frontal assault - that would be way too obvious, especially for Vanessa - but overt enough for Shelli to see, and get paranoid. Shelli's been playing the Mom Card pretty strongly the past few days, and I get the definite impression that if Shelli saw Jackie in a fixing-to-let-something-pop-loose-ANY-SECOND-NOW bikini getting kinda hands-on-the-muscles touchy-freely with Clay, Jason wouldn't need his lighter - he could light his smokes from the flames coming off the sides of Shelli's face. Throw in Jackie maybe demonstrating to Clay some of her more -ah- interesting Vegas dance moves, and we might get a flashback of Mount St. Helens immediately pre-eruption.

Another advantage to using Jackie is V's latest attempts to rebuild bridges with her. When Shelli goes running to Vanessa to vent, which side is Lady MacV going to take? Shelli, with whom she already has a pretty solid relationship (solid enough to sustain a dent or two without breaking, anyway)? Or Jackie, with whom the relationship is MUCH more fragile?

End result I'd see is - Shelli increasingly loud and furious, Clay increasingly aggravated, V trying to stay the hell out of it, Laustilia laughing and relieved the focus isn't on THEM, Steve following V's example, and JMac and Becky standing on the sidelines slack-jawed and wondering what in holy hell is going on. Total chaos, in other words. And in the midst of all the confusion, just maybe a chance for J3M to put a bug in several ears right prior to the next eviction vote....

Not real likely, I know - especially with less than a day and a half before the next Vote. Jason is pretty much out of options, though. Plus - and most importantly of all - it would be hella fun to watch. :D

ETA: Now's when we REALLY REALLY NEED some serious alcohol in the mix. ;>

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 9

I also agree with your analysis Nashville

Theoretically it's possible they're playing a deep game, and I/we simply haven't had any of it exposed to us yet.
Theoretically.
But I doubt it.

I think Steve IS, but importantly I don't know that that is a a good strategy (the idea of him intentionally amping up his natural degree of awkward). OTOH he knew Jason was out the door and he's no one's target, can't say it's a losing strategy so far, just a very risky one, that people won't want you gone because they don't like you, even if you aren't a threat to their game and as we can see there are people like J3M who play the game exactly like that. He's very lucky there are least a couple of people who are playing this game for strategy and not for a friendship bracelet.

Vanessa is encouraging Shelli and Clay to go along with hoodwinking Jason. That is just mean at this point. Then again, if Jason is dumb enough to believe them, again, then he deserves it.

• Love 2

(or maybe Meg, but I'd have MUCH less faith in her ability to pull it off convincingly)

Hey, Meg not only played Clay on Monday, but she even played us.  We all thought she was still buying his bullshit, but she really wasn't and looked so damn convincing in looking like she did.  I think she could pull it off.

• Love 8

Eh I don't think it's that mean. He's sat on his ass for two days and done nothing but bash everyone not in his group. He called Shelli "evil personified". So if he's trying to make a deal with someone evil, maybe he shouldn't be surprised.

(edited)

Clay is so delusional he thinks he can pull Meg in after Jason is gone, even after they lie to her again. I know Meg is dumb but c'mon. 

Vanessa keeps saying Meg can't go deep because she's the perfect Final 2 opponent, but I don't think little Clay understands. 

I so want Meg & Jackie to win HOH. I don't know what the odds are (should have paid more attention in school) of this happening but I doubt they are good. LOL!!!

I think the odds are less than 5%. And that's if the competition is something random, like what Austin/Vanessa won. Depending on the content of the comp, the odds could go up or down, but then probabilities are harder to quantify.

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 1

I really wish BOB would just fucking end so we could have an endurance comp. That's probably the only way there'd be a real chance at 2 of the outsiders getting HOH. Jackie and James would definitely be top contenders in an endurance.

Sigh, this season is about to go on a downward spiral of boring for a few weeks I think.

• Love 3
(edited)

As in - V is actually making real live moves? :)

That's what is irritating me the most about this season - with the exception of a 3-4 players, the almost-total lack of effective strategy play.

In terms of overt strategy, V is the winner hands down; she is the only HG I've seen whose gameplay reflects any significant consideration of the ramifications 3+ weeks on down the road. Shelli (and by implication Clay, since he seems for the most part to be borrowing Shelli's brain for the purposes of the show) occasionally dips her toe into the deep waters, but her default strategy appears to be reactive - putting out fires in the immediate sense, without much regard for positioning for future strength.

In stark contrast, J3M has little or no discernible strategy, overt or otherwise. I laugh long and hard at Jason and Meg's fun-poking at Steve saying it's a little late to start playing the game at Day 40, because this is pretty much exactly what they've done. Since Da's departure, the two of them have done little more than lay in bed or on the smoking couch and snark on other HGs. James is - well, James; loyal muscle, but not much else since his Week 1 HoH - and even then he pretty much just went along with Audrey's and Jason's suggestions (to be fair, though, the Week 1 eviction is almost always weak strategy-wise). Jackie apparently had a strategy of doing her best Victoria impersonation until Jury, but that went out the window when she stumbled into one of the dual HoH slots; now she's a guppy swimming among the sharks who doesn't realize she's a guppy. Calling what J3M has been doing since Jason's nom "strategy" is like saying when you're on the Titanic, the ship's hit an iceberg, and it's going down by the nose, it's a good "strategy" to think about finding a lifeboat; unfortunately (for them), the lifeboats are already long gone.

I find it kind of amusing that interest in the chess game appears to have increased in the past few days, because it's an excellent allegory for this season:

• V is the only player demonstrating any true strategic skill.
  • ClamShell rarely thinks more than a move in advance - but they ARE coach able, and at least they know how the pieces are supposed to move.
  • Laustilia are the pawns being carried along by the better players. They know there's a game going on around them, but can't do much more than just keep moving - just keep moving - and hope for a promotion in the future.
  • J3M are wood-pushers - moving pieces around at random, and hoping&praying they can stay alive until the Other Side screws up badly enough to drop a blindingly obvious, ready-made avenue of attack into their laps.
But that's all overt strategy; in terms of covert strategy, though...?

Hmmm....

Only possibilities I see at present are JMac and Steve. Theoretically it's possible they're playing a deep game, and I/we simply haven't had any of it exposed to us yet.

Theoretically.

But I doubt it.

I have to ask...did you omit Becky on purpose? Because, if so, that's hilarious, and just as accurate and insightful as the rest of your post. Edited by Snaporaz
  • Love 3

Hey, Meg not only played Clay on Monday, but she even played us.  We all thought she was still buying his bullshit, but she really wasn't and looked so damn convincing in looking like she did.  I think she could pull it off.

h

Keep in mind:

• We're talking long con here - or semi-long, anyway (dang, I wish we had more time).
  • Objective: create a smokescreen of chaos and distraction within the House within which a spark of dissension can be lit without Shelli/Clay/Vanessa immediately running over and putting it out.
  • The mark is Shelli, a 30something Atlanta woman.
  • The bait is Clay, an Aggie boy ten years Shelli's junior.
Now - given this setup, who do you think would most easily provoke the strongest response from Shelli? The waitress with a passing resemblance to Taylor Swift, or the Vegas showgirl who looks like a stacked Princess Jasmine?

Not trying to be denigrating here - just evil. ;>

I have to ask...did you omit Becky on purpose? Because, if so, that's hilarious, and just as accurate and insightful as the rest of your post.

Becky?

Who's Becky?

There's a Becky wandering around?

Someone lose a Becky?

<Muahahahahahhh....>

• Love 5
(edited)

She should have followed her own advice to Steve when she told him to throw chess games.  Or at least she shouldn't have beaten him so fast to the point of embarrassment.  But Vanessa has an ego and probably assumes everyone thinks she's brilliant already so there's no harm.

Edited by Cosmosgravitation

She should have followed her own advice to Steve when she told him to throw chess games.  Or at least she shouldn't have beaten him so fast so he wasn't embarrassed.  But Vanessa has an ego and probably assumes people think she's brilliant already so there's no harm.

Well, in her defense, it was more like a teaching session. Everyone was gathered around and asking her a bunch of questions about each move she was making. And she gave Clay a 2nd chance and started over for him too.

Plus, Clay is already in her alliance, and knows pretty much her whole strategy for the BB game, and she knows his. She doesn't really need to convince him that she's not smart because he already knows she is. And she has two HOHs and a veto. No one in the house thinks she's less intelligent than Sports Management Grad Student Clay.

On the other hand, Steve isn't really tight with anyone. And by throwing chess games, he can feel people out by observing their chess strategy while simultaneously not appearing like a major intellectual threat.

ETA: Liz told Austin she'd give him a kiss if he wins HOH tomorrow. That basically ensures an Austin HOH, right? 

Thanks, @Ceeg. You explained it so much better than I ever could. That said, those statistics, odds & percentages are very depressing. I guess it's Vanessa, Shelli or Clay for the win.

• Love 1

Liz told Austin she'd give him a kiss if he wins HOH tomorrow. That basically ensures an Austin HOH, right? 

Liz knows what she's doing. I can't wait until Julia gets in the house. The Julia/Liz relationship should be fun to watch with Austin still there.

The fact that Vanessa would sit there and let everyone know how good she is at chess makes her whole "I'm so dumb I have no one I can't do anything tee hee hee!" routine even more annoying.

Someone kissing Austin?! Ewwwwwwww! Gross!!

I'm dying for the next HOH. Jason is pretty much a foregone conclusion and I want to see what happens next. Also, I saw the ratings for BB in TvGuide. It's doing pretty well. All 3 shows made the Top 25. Thursday's eviction was in 8th place, Sunday & Wednesday were in a 3 way tie for 11th place with American Ninja Warrior. I'm sure CBS & Julie Chen are happy with that. Unfortunately, it also might prove their theory that BOB is everyone's favorite twist...ever.....NOT!!

• Love 1

Also, I saw the ratings for BB in TvGuide. It's doing pretty well. All 3 shows made the Top 25. Thursday's eviction was in 8th place, Sunday & Wednesday were in a 3 way tie for 11th place with American Ninja Warrior.

Weird, everyone's been saying it's been doing badly this season. Are the numbers down from last season? Maybe everything's doing worse this year lol.

(edited)

Ratings are down from last season, but I'm sure CBS is fine with it. You can't find 40-odd episodes of summer programming that cost peanuts to make anywhere else. 

Edited by Cutty

Yeah, Jason should be throwing his anger at Vanessa.

I bet he's scared of her, and rightfully so.  She would own him in a verbal feud.

• Love 1

So Jason is doing the same thing he's been doing for weeks... nothing.   I know he's going to be insufferable on social media, I already have my mute/block button ready.  

Weird, everyone's been saying it's been doing badly this season. Are the numbers down from last season? Maybe everything's doing worse this year lol.

I think overall ratings are about the same from last season but in the coveted 18-49 demo are down for sure.  

So Jason is doing the same thing he's been doing for weeks... nothing.   I know he's going to be insufferable on social media, I already have my mute/block button ready.  

He should do a podcast with Audrey where he can shit on Shelli and she can shit on Clay. I'd watch that.

• Love 2

What happened to Meg's master plan to flip the house? I turn on the feeds, Jason is packing while Jackie and Meg complain about how unfair it is from bed. 

(edited)

What happened to Meg's master plan to flip the house? I turn on the feeds, Jason is packing while Jackie and Meg complain about how unfair it is from bed. 

They tried, but picked up on how noncommittal Clay and Shelli were and realized it was a lost cause.  They also tried and failed with Steve, Liz, and Austin.  And they knew John wouldn't budge since he'd never evict Becky.  So they gave up for tonight.

They're supposed to make one more last-ditch effort tomorrow, though.

Edited by Donny Ketchum
  • Love 3

I can't watch the feeds so I can't really comment too much on the twins' apparent lack of strategy, what I do think is by nature they've been playing for this week once both are in the house I think they will start to play harder (Julia especially)  Right now Austin is the shield even if both are a threat they feel people would target Austin first.  Liz keeps him happy, while Julia works the rest of the house I expect their game to change once that happens

Honestly, even though it was the worst night of feeds EVER for me, where I stayed up until 2 in the morning on a work night, only to watch the actual end of the comp the next morning AT work, and have to watch Kaysar ignore Janelle and give away the comp and his game to freaking Jenn of all people, I really need that comp again.

I need these people in a box. Standing. No excuse that they "fell". Just standing with a finger on a button. No dual HOH bullshit. Winner takes all. It would be so brilliant after all these years.

But Grodner will be Grodner, so it will be somehow tailored for the twins to win because what "good TV" that would be!! And either Jackie, James or Meg will go home. Yawn.

• Love 13

Could someone please explain to me why Jason has been in the top two favorites for the past several weeks at Jokers.  What am i missing?  I don't watch the feeds, but just watching the show and reading the feed recaps, I can't stand the guy.  I'll be thrilled when he's voted out.  

• Love 7

Becky is super stoked to be part of this fake alliance. Seriously, this zombie actually thinks Shelli and Vanessa just started playing the game on day 41 like she did. Note to Robyn Kass: Stop casting people you find on Tinder!

• Love 1
(edited)

WTH is she doing/saying???

She was describing what they made her do for the opening credits lol

Honestly, even though it was the worst night of feeds EVER for me, where I stayed up until 2 in the morning on a work night, only to watch the actual end of the comp the next morning AT work, and have to watch Kaysar ignore Janelle and give away the comp and his game to freaking Jenn of all people, I really need that comp again.

I need these people in a box. Standing. No excuse that they "fell". Just standing with a finger on a button. No dual HOH bullshit. Winner takes all. It would be so brilliant after all these years.

But Grodner will be Grodner, so it will be somehow tailored for the twins to win because what "good TV" that would be!! And either Jackie, James or Meg will go home. Yawn.

Heath Luman who is in charge of the Comps was tweeting about the Pressure Cooker comp and if the fans would want it back. I think he's been pushing for it, but because of the BOB it's hard to do. But had asked if they did a shorter version of it for BOB would fans like it. And he got a ton of Yeses. So who the hell knows, but if we get it I'll die.

Tomorrows going to be some sort of endurance probably nothing crazy strenuous.

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 2

The most irritating part about Becky is she's arrogant. Like she pretends she knows the game really well and is playing stellar. I'm convinced they put something in the water to make these hamsters so delusional.

• Love 3
(edited)

I hate Jason, but I hate Shelli as well so this gif is amazing.

SgbqvK9.gif

Vanessa is giving Clay's mother that look too.

I loved the pressure cooker as well. It was very suspenseful and I liked when Janelle got drunk inside. LMFAO

I've thought about it. If the dual HOB & BotB comes back next year I'm out. I watched a few episodes and shit from previous seasons (several different ones) and miss the game without them. There was more strategy and conniving. There was less filler and it was so much less predictable.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 5