Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17 Live Feed Discussion: Watch People Sleep All Day!

• Start Topic

(edited)

I feel like they had to have had some planned at least, ByaNose. Tyler Oakley (ew) and Derrick (ew-er) both tweeted that definitely suggested they were gonna be part of BB this summer, so I assume they were meant to do a Takeover. I think it's hilarious they dropped this twist so fast and seem to be pretending it was never a thing. LOL. Now if only we could get them to drop BOB!

Clay (over his shoulder as he leaves): See you in the Jury House.
Jason (And Meg, almost in unison): I'm (he's) not going to Jury!
Clay: Oh... yeah. Ok then... See you at Finale!
Meg: Yeah, see you in the parking lot!

LMAO. This is AMAZING.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 8
(edited)

Did Gronk kill the BB Takeover?      That one was really stupid.  And I think production must have realized it.

Meg: Yeah, see you in the parking lot!

That may be the best thing Meg has said the whole game.  I had no idea she could dish it like that.

Edited by vb68
  • Love 8

Purely my own opinion, but - other than TAR, the whole Takeover gimmick seemed to be focused on advertising marginalized businesses (and yes, Kathy Griffin is a business too). I'm wondering if the advertisers they had lined up for Takeovers saw the ratings slip, and pulled out - because I bet that crap wasn't cheap.

So you're saying he'll Jerry his way to the final three.

Pretty much.  Steve is actually very similar to Jerry in that regard - lots of people are irritated by him and his name is always brought up as a target, but he is in no way a threat to anyone right now so they will just basically forget about him.  I think the days of "what the house wants" are officially over.  Steve's name will still come up (at least while this 2 HOH/BoB nonsense is still in play) but the trigger will never be pulled because it will be deemed a waste of an HOH.  

I bet they'll pull that takeover shit on Thursday before they "reveal" the twins so they can act like it's still a thing.  

• Love 2

Another reason I'm looking forward to Julia entering the game is Julia has a very strong bond with some of the house outcasts, like Steve. Steve actually becomes a different person when Julia is in the house. Julia often goes straight to him and the last time she was there the two of them were shit-talking about the Austin/Liz creepmance. Julia was like "Ew I am not sleeping in his bed" and the two of them were giggling. Julia's always been extremely nice to Steve, so it'll be cool to see how he reacts once another ally is in there. 

• Love 16
(edited)

I wish they'd have dropped the BotB instead. I'd rather have dumb Gronk parties instead of 2 HOHs.

A 100 times yes. I'd sit through any and all of these lame celebrity twists over the BOtB.

Edited by LGGirl
  • Love 2

Steve actually becomes a different person when Julia is in the house.

I noticed this, too. I saw them talking alone a few days ago, and Steve was not very awkward at all. It was different from the way he behaves with other HGs. He seemed very relaxed, almost charismatic in the way he spoke. Steve is definitely a complex personality, and he shows different sides with different people. It's so tempting to just liken him to Ian and then dismiss him for that reason, but Steve isn't a dud just because we've seen someone like him before. Shit, for all we know, he's an improvement on Ian. He definitely isn't a target, so step one of Big Brother strategy complete. If he can lead the others to believe he's "Just Steve" until the finals, and then somehow advance the context beyond high school politics, he could convince the jury that he played a very smart game. People like Steve often come out on top in real life, so if he can frame it right then he might come out on top in this game, too.

• Love 2
(edited)

Vanessa said she has won 4 million but she did not say how much she has lost. I play poker regularly with a group of friends and have for years. I can safely say I have won thousands upon thousands of dollars. I don't keep track and for all I know I may be even or down some.

When people do this competitively on a national or international circuit many sites studiously track of the winnings, losses, and rankings. She is in that realm so your personal experience is different . I think many of the sites factor in wins and losses each tourney and then post the players cumulative stats, then compare that to others on the circuit.

I had a distant friend who did world poker tour a few years ago and that was how it was recorded.

For the record the sites like the ones I've seen -report her total profit/winnings at 3.5 plus million. And maybe she got her husbands poker money and life insurance which might be where she has 4.5 m? Has she been open about her money in the house?

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 1
(edited)

Has she been open about her money in the house?

I don't think so, although she did say yesterday that she'd help Jason find employment after BB. She kept dropping hints that she had the means to do that, but then would back off of it too. FWIW, I think that a lot of professional poker players have sponsors that cover or help cover their buy-ins. And based on some quick google searching, it seems like Vanessa had plenty of sponsorships throughout her poker career.

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 2

When I did a quick search, I found that Vanessa had some really good years about 5 or 6 years ago or so.  But really hasn't done much of anything lately.  In fact, I found that she was no longer sponsored and her yearly earnings were pretty insubstantial.

(edited)

And maybe she got her husbands poker money and life insurance which might be where she has 4.5 m?

Pretty doubtful she got that.  She and her ex-husband divorced before he was diagnosed with cancer and died, his assets probably went to his family.  I guess it depends how the divorce settlement went though.

I also read somewhere that she decided to stop gambling after her ex-husband died, so it's not surprising she hasn't had any income from it in the past few years.  Not sure if that is true because I don't remember where I read it.

Vanessa told Steve she nominated Jason because he was pushing hard for Steve to go.  Part of that is probably just trying to increase Steve's loyalty, but it's definitely true that Jason hated Steve and if he goes Steve might well be the greatest beneficiary of the week.  The ADC were planning on targeting him next, Austin was plotting against him in secret, and Shelli/Clay distrusted him.  Now the ADC has other targets and his biggest detractor there is gone, Austin feels grateful for Steve's part in keeping him, and perhaps most importantly Vanessa brought him in to work with Clay/Shelli and they seem good with him again.  Liz also recently commented about how much she trusts him and Steve is already close with Julia who will be coming in on Thursday.  I'm not sure if this was Vanessa's plan, but it does seem to have worked out that way.  We'll see if it lasts.

I saw them talking alone a few days ago, and Steve was not very awkward at all. It was different from the way he behaves with other HGs. He seemed very relaxed, almost charismatic in the way he spoke.

Steve has actually said to the feeds that acting awkward and insecure is an act.  I usually think he's just fooling himself, but I do occasionally see signs that he might be telling the truth - mostly his goodbye to Audrey or when he's alone with Julia/Vanessa.

If it is an act (and I still tend to think it isn't), I don't think it's a good strategy.  Maybe prior to Ian it would have been, but without Vanessa protecting him there's a good chance he would have been gone already or out shortly.  

Edited by Cosmosgravitation
  • Love 2

She said she started to faze out playing poker in favor of DJing.

Yeah - she is going the way of a lot of poker pros who, now that the fields are so huge it's a crapshoot, that, since I don't believe she's published a book about it, she's pretty much finding other stuff to do.  But I will say, when I'd see her in a WPT match -- she made some amazing calls, and pulled off fantastic bluffs - so those skills seem to be still pretty sharp, given how she's reading some situations and seems to be keeping herself out of the fray.  (Although, seriously, V -- you gottta quit with the 'hating liars' when your bank account has been largely helped by poker - a game that requires bluffing!)

So - what's the over/under on how many times the house will flip between now and Thursday?  I greatly appreciate the feed transcribers here - I get so confused if I leave the feeds to have a cup of coffee or something and come back, and the plan has changed, as have who is in on it.  Most ADHD house in a long time!

• Love 1
(edited)

I also read somewhere that she decided to stop gambling after her ex-husband died, so it's not surprising she hasn't had any income from it in the past few years.  Not sure if that is true because I don't remember where I read it.

She told Jackie that when they were bonding a few days ago (pre-veto). She said that when he was diagnosed with cancer, which was...I think 3 years ago, that she got her priorities in check and saw that gambling for a living wasn't what she wanted to do, so she decided to get more into DJing because that's what she's passionate about. 

I'm not sure if this was Vanessa's plan, but it does seem to have worked out that way.

Vanessa has really played all her cards (snerk) correctly IMO. She decided not to evict someone who's been one of her closest allies and in turn he will be forever grateful to her (or he seems that way, anyway). She instead evicted someone who 1) would have gone after her allies, and 2) made Shelli/Clay stronger, even tho Shelli/Clay were too dumb to see that. And because of including Becky/John on the plan, she has a pretend alliance with Becky now too. So, she's managed to save every single person aligned with her, while also deflecting a large portion of the blame on Shelli and Clay.

ETA:

So - what's the over/under on how many times the house will flip between now and Thursday?

I don't think there will be any flipping. Shelli/Clay have Becky in their back pocket, and Austin/Liz want Jason out, as does Steve. John and Jackie both promised Becky they'd vote to keep her. 

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 1
(edited)

When I did a quick search, I found that Vanessa had some really good years about 5 or 6 years ago or so. But really hasn't done much of anything lately. In fact, I found that she was no longer sponsored and her yearly earnings were pretty insubstantial.

Lady MacV has a good head on her shoulders - when it isn't spinning around and threatening to spew pea soup all over the place, that is. Invest $3.5M right, and she doesn't have to do much of anything she doesn't want. :)

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 1

Pretty much.  Steve is actually very similar to Jerry in that regard - lots of people are irritated by him and his name is always brought up as a target, but he is in no way a threat to anyone right now so they will just basically forget about him.  I think the days of "what the house wants" are officially over.  Steve's name will still come up (at least while this 2 HOH/BoB nonsense is still in play) but the trigger will never be pulled because it will be deemed a waste of an HOH.  

I bet they'll pull that takeover shit on Thursday before they "reveal" the twins so they can act like it's still a thing.  

I do and do not get the waste of a HOH way of thinking.  Yes it is kind of a waste of an HOH to get rid of the Chicken George or Jerry's of the game but there can only be one winner so everybody has to go at some point.

When people do this competitively on a national or international circuit many sites studiously track of the winnings, losses, and rankings. She is in that realm so your personal experience is different . I think many of the sites factor in wins and losses each tourney and then post the players cumulative stats, then compare that to others on the circuit.

I had a distant friend who did world poker tour a few years ago and that was how it was recorded.

For the record the sites like the ones I've seen -report her total profit/winnings at 3.5 plus million. And maybe she got her husbands poker money and life insurance which might be where she has 4.5 m? Has she been open about her money in the house?

Have they talked about her last husband on the broadcast show?  I just thought she was a Lesbian, I had no idea that she had a husband who had passed away.

Have they talked about her last husband on the broadcast show?  I just thought she was a Lesbian, I had no idea that she had a husband who had passed away.

She is a lesbian.  It is not uncommon for gay people to have heterosexual relationships before they are totally comfortable coming out.  

The feeds could be interesting when Jason goes with Meg, Jackie and James as they wake up to the notion of alliances.  

• Love 1

Steve is definitely a complex personality, and he shows different sides with different people. It's so tempting to just liken him to Ian and then dismiss him for that reason, but Steve isn't a dud just because we've seen someone like him before.

I remember him telling Vanessa a few weeks ago that he actually prefers to go by "Steven."   But production wouldn't allow it because it sounds too much like "Ian."

It wasn't really detailed on Jokers, and it was super hard for me to hear, but earlier when Shelli and Clay were outside alone, Shelli was whispering something about not totally trusting Becky and being annoyed with her. She made sure to tell Clay that Becky thinks it's her, Shelli, Clay, and Vanessa together, but that she thinks Becky is trying to create a shield using Shelli/Clay, and also Shelli didn't like it when Becky tried to deflect knowing about the Backdoor plan. LOL. So she was pissed that Becky did to Shelli exactly the same thing Shelli did to Vanessa.

• Love 6

Yes it is kind of a waste of an HOH to get rid of the Chicken George or Jerry's of the game but there can only be one winner so everybody has to go at some point.

I think Steve is more deserving than either of those guys of going far and playing game. He's at a greater disadvantage then either of those guys (in terms of his social game, he's not an adorable non-threatening older mascot), and he's doing a better job of forging real relationships as has been noted: Vanessa obviously who is one of the power players in the house, Julia and I think Liz is largely faking any distaste for him for Austin's sake, and Shelli and Clay while not a firm lock, aren't as put off by him as the rest of the hamsters belabor. He has an ACTUAL real life alliance and he's not a dumbfuck pretending there isn't a huge ass alliance already in place that he needs to work with/be wary of.

• Love 7
(edited)

She is a lesbian.  It is not uncommon for gay people to have heterosexual relationships before they are totally comfortable coming out.  

She definitely identifies as a lesbian, but I'm not sure it's that simple for her.  In her intro video she said, "I used to be married to guy, and am now dating a woman.  For me, love is love."  That implies she could still be attracted to the right guy.

I've seen her talk on the feeds about the Kinsey scale.  If I had to guess I'd say she identifies as a 4 or maybe a 5 on the spectrum... mostly attracted to females, but can be attracted to certain males too.  Can't be certain without asking her directly, of course.

• Love 2

I noticed this, too. I saw them talking alone a few days ago, and Steve was not very awkward at all. It was different from the way he behaves with other HGs. He seemed very relaxed, almost charismatic in the way he spoke. Steve is definitely a complex personality, and he shows different sides with different people. It's so tempting to just liken him to Ian and then dismiss him for that reason, but Steve isn't a dud just because we've seen someone like him before. Shit, for all we know, he's an improvement on Ian. He definitely isn't a target, so step one of Big Brother strategy complete. If he can lead the others to believe he's "Just Steve" until the finals, and then somehow advance the context beyond high school politics, he could convince the jury that he played a very smart game. People like Steve often come out on top in real life, so if he can frame it right then he might come out on top in this game, too.

I think Julia on one of the first twin switchouts had a very long, gentle conversation with him about music and his life and what not. Since then he's very awkward and closed off around Liz/Austin but very relaxed around Julia. 

Actually the whole vibe of the house is very different when Julia is there instead of Liz. For instance I remember one afternoon Julia, Austin, Steve, Jason, Jmac were in the living room and Steve was acting a little awkward but Austin actually teased him in a nice way. He was like "social cues, Steve, social cues." It was very different from the way he treats Steve when he's trying to impress Liz. Even so Julia made sure to bring Steve into the conversation at all times and never exclude him. 

I found it really telling that Liz said that had she (Liz) been in the house when Audrey was melting down she would have taunted Audrey and got in her face. She said she knew Julia didn't and wouldn't. So clearly Liz knows on some level that she needs Julia in the game to rein in her worst impulses. 

• Love 7

I feel like the 6 person alliance could hold a house meeting, admit and diagram their alliance on a white board, and the rest of the hamsters would walk away saying, "Ben is Glory?" It's why I refuse to say Vanessa or Shelli or Clay played bad game this week, there is no playing bad game against hamsters so willfully encephalatically stupid.

I've been lurking here, but couldn't let the above post go by without saying "I love it", cuz it is so true!

I remember him telling Vanessa a few weeks ago that he actually prefers to go by "Steven."   But production wouldn't allow it because it sounds too much like "Ian."

That was Steve's choice, not Production. He knew before he ever stepped foot in the House his personality would invite Ian comparisons, so he took steps to minimize that risk before the bios even went up on the CBS website.

• Love 1

I just hope someone other than the Sixth Sense wins HOH. Of course, there more HG in the Sixth Sense, right? It's like the Eighth Sense now. Which two people could switch the house up that aren't in the majority alliance? Meg and? I give up. LOL!!!

I think it's the Ninth Sense really bc they have Steve, Becky, and John. And it really doesn't matter if Meg, James, or Jackie win HOH unless 2 out of those 3 both win. IMO. Anyone put up from the 9th (lol) Sense will likely win BotB.

(edited)

Shelli and Clay while not a firm lock, aren't as put off by him as the rest of the hamsters belabor.

Shelli hates Steve, but she's fake, so he probably doesn't really realize it lol.

He has an ACTUAL real life alliance and he's not a dumbfuck pretending there isn't a huge ass alliance already in place that he needs to work with/be wary of.

Oh, has Steve known about Sixth Sense? What's his 'real life' alliance?

I just hope someone other than the Sixth Sense wins HOH. Of course, there more HG in the Sixth Sense, right? It's like the Eighth Sense now. Which two people could switch the house up that aren't in the majority alliance? Meg and? I give up. LOL!!!

Probably the only way something would happen to change things up is if Jackie/James get HOH. I worry Meg wouldn't be ready to go for it yet. 

But I have a feeling the HOH will be the egg one and they'll 'randomly' pair people and we'll get a bunch of pairs with one member from each side. Just because this show never goes how I want it to!

Edited by peachmangosteen

I think it's the Ninth Sense really bc they have Steve, Becky, and John. And it really doesn't matter if Meg, James, or Jackie win HOH unless 2 out of those 3 both win. IMO. Anyone put up from the 9th (lol) Sense will likely win BotB.

Well, this Brain Trust has enough fat in it they can afford to throw a body or two on the rails to grease the skids for the rest. What's going to be GREAT is if MJM capture the two HoH seats, (a) their main target will be Shelli and (b) they'll be looking to backdoor her. So the REAL fun will start after the PoV comp, when ClamShell start going freakin' NUTS trying to convince one of their own to not use the PoV....

:>

• Love 2

I can't believe that because no one cheered when Clay won POV it sent Shelli into a tailspin that ended up with her pushing a move that blew up their game. They have slowly gotten out any of the people who would vote for them in jury and most of who's left are all closer to Vanessa. I think even Jackie may be open to working with Vanessa as means to an end to get out Shelli and Clay.

• Love 5

I think even Jackie may be open to working with Vanessa as means to an end to get out Shelli and Clay.

Hmm. I really don't think Vanessa would agree to do that. She is very insistent on having reasons for evicting someone. Either they lied to her, or they were gunning after her or her allies. Vanessa doesn't seem to be the type of person to evict someone without good cause. Especially an alliance member. She was only willing to do it to Austin because of the multitude of times he lied straight to her face . 

And I think this might be Vanessa's fatal flaw. 

(edited)

An hour ago, Clay told Shelli that Jackie might be a good person to bring into an alliance.  But Shelli bitched that Jackie wouldn't offer much back and can be closed off.  Clay said it could be a sort of bullshit deal.  It wouldn't matter.  And Shelli, lovely as always, closed off with "But I hate having conversations with her."

Never change, Shelli.  Never change.

Edited by Donny Ketchum
  • Love 14

Yea, but when she has no reasons, she just makes them up lol.

I did think it was interesting that when Meg told her Shelli and Clay were denying they knew, Vanessa said she'd keep that info in her back pocket.

Jason just said Liz is a "prostitute" if she doesn't really like Austin.

Also, James told Jason that the other side probably doesn't have a target in mind yet, bc they don't know who the HOHs are. Honestly these people deserve everything they get. They deserve getting picked off one by one, until all that's left are Shelli, Clay, and Vanessa.

Heh.  Earlier, Jackie and James were about to talk game, but then, Clay came out, and they both went quiet.  Meg and Jason then came out, but stayed quiet when they saw Clay there.

Once he left, James said, "Okay, people.  Let's talk some game."

So at least they do know not to talk about anything as long as Clay and Shelli are around now.

• Love 8

Yep.  The Clay and Shelli hate is running strong with the outsiders.

Jason: The season of Clelli.

Meg: Ugh.

Jason: Gross.

They also talked about how they don't want them in the F2.  Either one.

Meg almost stupidly said that she wanted to put up Shelli with Steve and backdoor Clay.  But Jason told her to take the smart approach and put them both up together so one can't use the Veto on the other.  You know, the very mistake Elissa made with Amanda and McCrae during her HoH in BB15.

• Love 8

Meg almost stupidly said that she wanted to put up Shelli with Steve and backdoor Clay.  But Jason told her to take the smart approach and put them both up together so one can't use the Veto on the other.  You know, the very mistake Elissa made with Amanda and McCrae during her HoH in BB15.

Sadly, with BOB, putting up Shelli/Clay isn't a great option either because if they win BOB then they're both safe. Meg/James/Jackie's best bet is probably to do Austin/Shelli and Clay/Vanessa and then just pray the veto goes their way.

But let's face it, Shelli and Clay are probably gonna win HOH.

Clay told Meg that he saw her whispering with Jackie/James/Jason. Meg said, "Yeah. We were plotting your demise, Clay." LOL sometimes I love Meg.

• Love 6

Sadly, with BOB, putting up Shelli/Clay isn't a great option either because if they win BOB then they're both safe. Meg/James/Jackie's best bet is probably to do Austin/Shelli and Clay/Vanessa and then just pray the veto goes their way.

They don't want to risk one winning veto and taking the other off, so they said they'd probably put up Steve and Austin, with a plan to backdoor Shelli.

• Love 5

They don't want to risk one winning veto and taking the other off, so they said they'd probably put up Steve and Austin, with a plan to backdoor Shelli.

That's not a bad idea. But if they control both HOHs, which they better or they're fucked lol, who would the other noms be?

• Love 4

So this week for all her craziness, went really well for Vanessa then? If she had gone through with the Austin BD: Austin's gone, Clay and Shelli are still playing both sides against the middle, Steve or the Twins would be guaranteed to go next week, and Vanessa would be in the weird position of trying to fit in with a majority "alliance," of a group of people she doesn't particularly mesh socially with that well. 

Now she gets to keep her shields in Austin, the Twins, and Steve one more week, Clay/Shelli are burned, the majority "alliance," (granted it won't last more than a week) is full up of her people, and nobody seems to be calling for her head. She even seems to kept up a decent relationship with Jackie. Everybody seems to be putting this week on Clay and Shelli. So it looks like a good week for Vanessa. 

• Love 8
(edited)

I think it'd be funny if one person from each side of the house won HoH and they both put up one (or two?) of their players trying to throw it so their side can remain HoH.  I don't think we've had both BotB teams with someone trying to throw, maybe that will get the idea across of how terrible BotB is.

• Love 3

That's not a bad idea. But if they control both HOHs, which they better or they're fucked lol, who would the other noms be?

I would think the Twins.

• Love 2