Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17 Live Feed Discussion: Watch People Sleep All Day!

• Start Topic

Yeah, I can totally feel Vanessa on the whole acne stuff. That does NOT look like fun.

That said, there are some that believe putting blood on your face can help with acne*, so Vanessa should be in luck this week!

*Yes, it is supposedly menstrual blood specifically, but that would have hurt the gag.

• Love 1

I keep hearing complaints (on Jokers) about Steve being a creeper and an eavesdropper.  Is he really that bad, or have some of the hamsters merely designated him the guy to crap on?  Does he stand a few feet away and stare, or hide behind furniture or in the next room and obviously listen?  Sometimes it seems like he's just passing through a room and someone makes a snide comment about him sneaking around again, often when he can hear them.  Is it possible that he stands on the edges of conversations hoping to be invited to contribute?

• Love 3

I have conflicting thoughts on Steve. I actually wanted him to go week one, because he is so awkward that I knew he was never going to be able to really dig into the deeper social aspects of the game. Obviously if Ian could win, Steve could win, but I think we've already seen everything we're going to see from the Nerd archetype in Big Brother. 

But having said that, Jason has been such a jerk-off to Steve that I really want to see Steve be the one to take him out. 

• Love 2
(edited)

It's pretty interesting to me that last week, Shelli backdoored her closest (bar Clay) ally, and now this week Vanessa will be backdooring (hopefully *crosses fingers*) her closest ally. I know the BB house sometimes turns people's brains to mush, but no one has really explicitly pointed out that Shelli and Vanessa are running the house, and that they are willing to evict their closest allies in the course of the game, not to mention they've been the HOH for an entire month now.

Shelli and Vanessa are both playing to win. They are winning multiple comps, and are accumulating the evidence they need to convince a jury to vote for them. Their eventual clash should make for good tv.

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 4

Yeah, but Shelli and Vanessa are also EVICTING THEIR CLOSEST ALLIES. Shelli got up off the hook relatively clean last week, making it look like it was a "house," decision to get rid of Audrey. I'm not sure Vanessa's going to be so lucky if she puts up Austin who's likely to spill all the dirt he has on her. Long-term, I think these moves can backfire as they're empowering a group (Jackie/James/Meg/Jason) who are pretty tight. 

• Love 1

What good is it to be "closest ally" with someone who's a loose cannon?  Sometimes your closest ally becomes an albatross and needs to be set free, AKA evicted.

Austin's not going to put her up and because of his size, he's always going to be a bigger target. I don't mind letting a "loose canyon," ally go, but letting go in the sense that somebody else puts Austin on the block and she doesn't try to save him. Now Vanessa's the HoH and she'll have to get all the blood on her hands for a group of people who have no allegiance to her. 

And really as stupid as Austin telling Jason about the Twins was, should it really have been a deal breaker? Was it something that really affected Vanessa's game in a huge, immediate way? No. If anything it just put a bigger spotlight on Austin which makes him a better shield for Vanessa. I think Vanessa really needs to feel like she's in control so she got way too involved in the planning of an Austin BD, even though it didn't make sense for her game. So now she's trapped, either piss off half the house or put Austin up where he could exposed her various alliances.

• Love 5

Here's the thing: Austin being around is good for Vanessa's game because he's the bigger target right now. But these people's targets switch every few days. I don't know if Austin would stay the target for much longer, especially when someone does something more than he has. I don't want Austin around anymore because I'm positive Liz isn't that into him and he's taking it into creepy/obsessive territory (I full heartedly believe Liz is going to start distancing herself once she figures out that he's the target this week) and he's gross to the other women. But would it be interesting to see the plans blow up in their faces? Yes. But I don't want it at the expense of Steve. I think Vanessa would at least consider putting him up, because she would get the least amount of blood on her hands, but it would be horrible to do for her own game. Steve is a strong ally for her and Vanessa would be an idiot if she put him up. 

So, as much as I would like to see what would happen if Austin won POV, I'm afraid of what that means for Steve's future in the game. I would love to see Steve take out someone like Meg or Jason, anyway. 

In other news, Austin kissed Liz which, ew. Then he went and bragged about it to Clay. I just don't know what Liz is thinking. Now I'm believing that she might have some feelings for Austin, even if they're minor and not blown up like Austin's. 

I keep hearing complaints (on Jokers) about Steve being a creeper and an eavesdropper.  Is he really that bad, or have some of the hamsters merely designated him the guy to crap on?  Does he stand a few feet away and stare, or hide behind furniture or in the next room and obviously listen?  Sometimes it seems like he's just passing through a room and someone makes a snide comment about him sneaking around again, often when he can hear them.  Is it possible that he stands on the edges of conversations hoping to be invited to contribute?

That's what I wonder.  It seems he just wants to be friends and these people have made up their mind he's the runt of the litter and needs to be excluded.  If he tries to join their conversation he's not being friendly, he's eavesdropping and lurking and trying to be where he's not wanted.  That's the way I see it.  Did you see the monologue he gave to the cameras around 3 in the morning?  It's a bit heartbreaking.  

• Love 9

So, as much as I would like to see what would happen if Austin won POV, I'm afraid of what that means for Steve's future in the game. I would love to see Steve take out someone like Meg or Jason, anyway. 

I agree with everything you said - especially this.  

In my opinion Shelli is playing a fantastic game.  She's friendly to everyone and thinking things through.  Her only weakness is Clay.  

Vanessa is also playing really well but she gets a little uptight and as we've all seen, talks too much trying to convince people of stuff they already agree with.

Jackie seems like she's doing some good analyzing, but she doesn't use the knowledge very strategically yet.

I like Steve.

I really like John.

I don't understand the game of Becky, James, Meg, and Jason.

I'm looking forward to the Steve, Julia, Vanessa, John alliance.  

• Love 2

Yeah, but Shelli and Vanessa are also EVICTING THEIR CLOSEST ALLIES.

Shelli's ally was plotting behind her to get Clay out and break the Shelli/Clay duo up so Audrey was no ally to anyone really. Austin however, isn't plotting against Vanessa. He actually is a close ally to her, so her putting him on the block because others think he's creepy on Liz (when she's making out with him now, so may be there is something there on her side) and because he said the twin twist to someone just doesn't seem like enough for Vanessa to turn on him.

For her sake I hope she doesn't do it or he wins veto. It makes no sense for her game.

(edited)

Do you guys think Clay will be targeted before Shelli, though? I tend to think he will so he's a great chess piece for her game.

I've read a lot of people criticize Shelli because she is concerned about how she is being perceived outside of the house. But I don't fault her for it and really can't blame her. People can be vicious and many HGs have found themselves losing their jobs based on their actions inside the house.

I do think Shelli is a warm, friendly, and caring person. I don't find her fake as some people do. I'm rooting for her in a way I haven't since Keesha in Season 10. It makes the season much more fun and exciting when you have a vested interest in someone succeeding in the game. Suffice it to say I am really enjoying this season!

And I've already mentioned it a few times, but I think it is a pretty bad move for Vanessa herself to target someone who has her back completely in Austin. But it's good for me because I really can't stand him!

Edited by delicatecutter
  • Love 6

I wish there was a way for the noms to stay the same because I would love to watch these idiots vote out Becky over Clay so I can laugh at how dumb they are.

I just really want Clay on the block this whole week. It's so funny!

I have felt bad for Steve in the past, but then I actually watch/listen to him have a convo with someone and it's just so bad that I hardly blame the others for being sketched out by him. And also, it might just be his awkwardness, but he does come off very creepy at times. Maybe in real life I would take the time to get to know Steve more and be patient with him, but I don't know if I would in a game for half a million dollars. I can't really blame them for not wanting to spend the time trying to handle Steve.

• Love 2
(edited)

Shelli's ally was plotting behind her to get Clay out and break the Shelli/Clay duo up so Audrey was no ally to anyone really. Austin however, isn't plotting against Vanessa.

For her sake I hope she doesn't do it or he wins veto. It makes no sense for her game.

Vanessa doesn't know that Austin is a true ally to her though. She sees a person who 1) told someone outside of the alliance about the twins, even though they agreed not to, 2) has an alter ego named Judas and goes into the DR plotting as this character and even lied about a tattoo he had which are his initials for his Judas character, 3) wants to evict his showmance's twin sister, which shows he really has no true loyalty, and 4) cast a hinky vote in order to cast suspicion on two people already aligned with Vanessa, and lied to Vanessa about it. Because of Austin's vote for Audrey, Vanessa now suspects that Austin was behind every other weird vote in prior weeks.

I can't blame Vanessa at all for getting rid of a shady person, who she thought was her #1 ally but has repeatedly lied to her face. IMO it's always worse when an ally stabs you in the back, rather than someone who you know is gunning for you.

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 10

Regarding Steve:

That's what I wonder.  It seems he just wants to be friends and these people have made up their mind he's the runt of the litter and needs to be excluded.  If he tries to join their conversation he's not being friendly, he's eavesdropping and lurking and trying to be where he's not wanted.  That's the way I see it.  Did you see the monologue he gave to the cameras around 3 in the morning?  It's a bit heartbreaking.  

I can't watch the feeds, so I get all my information from people who are watching and post their perceptions of what they see.  I read that there was some talk of Steve hiding in a trash can, presumably to listen in on private conversations, before the live feeds started.  But the live feeders didn't see it, so it's possible that if that happened, Steve was hoping to play a prank by jumping out yelling "Gotcha!".  Or if it happened he might have been trying to eavesdrop.  We don't know.  For all I know, Audrey told the story and it never actually happened, but people believed her because they hadn't caught on to her constant lies yet.

Whatever happened, Steve's been branded, and it appears that he's given up on the idea of winning, he just wants to make it as far as he can.

I did not see his monologue, but I read about it.  It was sad.  He said that his father was drafted right after college and sent to Vietnam, where he found himself in charge of a group of soldiers, and if he made a wrong decision people could die.  At the same time, his father got letters from a friend who was terribly worried about not being able to complete his masters degree.  Steve's father said that it was ironic to him that while if he screwed up people could die, while this other guy was acting like his masters degree was a life or death sentence.  Steve was taking that memory of his fathers story to remind himself that no matter what happened in the game, it wasn't that serious.  He could still go on to college and complete his education.  This wasn't a life-threatening event.  It was hurtful sometimes, and he felt lonely and misunderstood, but the game has a set point when it will stop and he can go back to his real life.

This reminds me of a story a guy told me about how when he was in the military and stationed at the Philippines.  He was so tired of only hanging out with other military guys, had done the prostitute thing and realized it was meaningless, he just wanted to feel like a normal guy out on a date.  So one night he asked a prostitute to let him buy her dinner, he'd pay for her time, and just talk to him like a person.  She had her brother try to beat him up. 

Sometimes a person just wants to be treated like a person.  The saddest part was when Steve said he wished he could get a hug, and then asked both Shelli and Liz for one.

• Love 10
(edited)

Vanessa is bathing in blood, y'all, despite the fact that the entire house wants Austin out. 

What I'm hoping happens is Vanessa tells Liz after the veto that they are backdooring Austin, she gets mad and tells Austin then all hell breaks loose. I don't see how Liz is going to be down with this. Even if she doesn't like him romantically he's still great for her game and totally loyal to her.

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 3

I don't see how Liz is going to be down with this. Even if she doesn't like him romantically he's still great for her game and totally loyal to her.

I don't think Liz will be very happy at all about Austin wanting to get Julia out though. 

• Love 2
(edited)

The mob mentality against Steve just shows how superficial these people all. They would rather worship at the altar of Shelli and Clay than actually give Steve a chance. He is socially inept but I don't understand why Vanessa is the only person who thought to use him as an ally. 

People forget what a disaster Ian was at the beginning. Everyone was creeped out by him. Lucky for him he had Boogie and Frank protecting him then later Britney and Dan. This cast is so vain god forbid they would ever associate with Steve. He's just so icky. I'm still laughing at Meg thinking she's too good for him.

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 5

I don't understand why people would target Steve just because he's awkward. Why not target people because they are threats in the game? Clay, Shelly, and Vanessa seem a way bigger threats to the 500K than Steve, and yet everyone wants him out because he's weird and different. It seems he is an ally ripe for the picking, but no one wants to bother to take the time with him. I don't get it.

• Love 7
(edited)

It does appear that most don't want to be In Jury with Steve. I guess they've had their trial run with him and are over it. LOL!!! I will be interesting if they are that serious about it and vote him out just before. That's pretty desperate. It reminds me about a lady on Survivor named Lil. She was on the outcast season. Apparently, she was voted back in to the game not but because she was liked or smart but rather they didn't want to be with her on the pre jury vacation. In the end, Lil made the Final 2 and the others didn't. Be careful what you wish for. LOL!!!

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 3
(edited)

Outside of Vanessa, this cast seems more interested in making jury than winning the game. This fascination with the jury house is the weirdest damn thing I've ever seen

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 2
(edited)

He is socially inept but I don't understand why Vanessa is the only person who thought to use him as an ally. 

I don't think I'd want to align with him either. He's just really hard to talk to and he comes of like he's lying even when he might not be. Then also the thing with the necklace is pretty shady and weird, so yea I just can't really blame them for wanting Steve out honestly. And like, I've seen people talk to Steve and want deals and he never wants to commit to anything and always tells people he can't be seen with them. I mean come on, that's shady! I would't trust him.

Outside of Vanessa, this cast seems more interested in making jury than winning the game. This fascination with the jury house is the weirdest damn thing I've ever seen

They're always like that. OK, not always, but in most of the reason seasons. That's what you're gonna get with 20 year old recruits.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

And, according to someone (can't remember Ian...Zach....someone) said that jury pretty much sucks. You still can't watch tv or read newspaper or surf the net. Granted, you get some stipen (not sure how much), sit by a pool and have less cameras on you but it's not that great. You're in some house a few miles from the Bb House. It's not like they send you to an island destination. They only people really playing are Vanessa, Shelli and Clay (thanks to Shelli).

(edited)

I keep hearing complaints (on Jokers) about Steve being a creeper and an eavesdropper.  Is he really that bad, or have some of the hamsters merely designated him the guy to crap on?

This has absolutely been my impression.  Yes, he's  a little socially awkward, but I think that's pretty understandable when a group bashes you all the time and there's no escape.  I haven't seen him be anywhere near as bad or off-putting as they like to claim.  It's the mean kids clique from middle school, and I find that more off-putting than Steve.  He's usually fine one on one, and he's obviously a decent and thoughtful guy as evidenced by his goodbye to Audrey.

I guess I kinda root for him because he is the real underdog of this house.  I just hope he makes to jury because it will make most of them so angry.

And I agree about Jason.  He's the worst.  I still think he's jealous of Steve for some reason.

I did not see his monologue, but I read about it.  It was sad.  He said that his father was drafted right after college and sent to Vietnam

Steve's not that old.  Surely he meant The Gulf War in Iraq?

Edited by vb68
  • Love 1
(edited)

They only people really playing are Vanessa, Shelli and Clay (thanks to Shelli).

I think there's a few others playing too, but they think they're biding their time when in actuality they're just scared to do anything and by the time they're ready they'll be the new house target. John, Steve, Jackie, Jason I think are playing this way and it's very aggravating. Becky and Meg, I don't even know. They're fools. Austin is definitely playing, but's he's stupid and bad at it. Liz/Julia are playing IMO. I really look forward to how they play once they're both in the house.

And, according to someone (can't remember Ian...Zach....someone) said that jury pretty much sucks. You still can't watch tv or read newspaper or surf the net. Granted, you get some stipen (not sure how much), sit by a pool and have less cameras on you but it's not that great. You're in some house a few miles from the Bb House. It's not like they send you to an island destination. They only people really playing are Vanessa, Shelli and Clay (thanks to Shelli).

The only positive thing about making jury is you are guaranteed a full stipend. There's no difference in money between being the first jury member and finishing in 3rd place. I suppose I get that aspect. That money is probably important to people like Jason. But the way these other fools talk about it they act like it's spring break in Cancun or some shit. When in reality you are locked in a house and have handlers following you around all day.

• Love 1
(edited)

I actually think Steve is trying to play Andy's game, but he has no social skills. Add in that these particular people aren't willing to wait it out with him like the BB14 HGs were with Ian and Steve just has no chance and probably realistically he never had a chance this season no matter what he did.

Shelli seems particularly over Steve. I actually wonder if she might try to switch the house target onto him over Austin this week. That is actually her best bet because Vanessa has Steve in her pocket big time and Vanessa is Shelli's biggest (and only lbr) threat.

• Love 1
(edited)

Steve said in his pregame interviews that he wanted to play like Dan in BB10. Not win anything and stay in the background. Unfortunately his awkwardness has prevented that and has made him a target. I feel bad because I think he's a genuinely good person. I haven't heard him say a single bad thing about anyone and his goodbye message to Audrey was particularly sweet.

I had high hopes for Jackie but she's shown herself to be pretty clueless this week. She keeps prattling on about how Liz and Julia will be all alone, etc. It's kind of sad that she thinks this 8 person alliance is real and will last beyond this week. Vanessa has slipped up on more than one occasion, basically not even acknowledging that it's a thing. But Jackie is totally snookered. BIG HAPPY EIGHT PERSON ALLIANCE, BABY!

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 1
(edited)

There's also that derogatory statement that Steve made to him before the feeds turned on.

Maybe that happened, but I do have some doubts.   I just don't particularly trust Jason when it comes to Steve.   And it really doesn't match how Steve conducts himself.  I never hear him bash anyone.

Edited by vb68
  • Love 4

Truthfully, Jackie isn't the only one in the dark about The Sixth Sense. For that, I give her a little pass. Although, I did cringe when she was going on & on about the twins not having any one to Vanessa. I really want to see Austin go home because it would really shake up the game for the remaining alliance. Will the twins stick with them if he is voted out? Will they go rouge? Will one of them be voted out before jury starts?

• Love 1
(edited)

Maybe that happened, but I do have some doubts.   I just don't particularly trust Jason when it comes to Steve.   And it really doesn't match how Steve conducts himself.  I never hear him bash anyone.

More than just Jason has mentioned it though. It seems like pretty much everyone heard it. And since Steve called Audrey transsexual I think it's clear that he is just naive/ignorant, so I don't have a hard time believing he said something offensive. He surely didn't mean to hurt anyone though, but I can't really blame Jason if he's still kinda put off by it.

• Love 2

I don't blame the others for being a bit put off by Steve, but I get the impression that they go way overboard with it. There's no reason for him to be treated like persona non grata.

• Love 10

peachmangosteen reminded me of something with Steve's transexual comment. This probably belongs in the episode thread but I can't believe John asked Audrey if her name was... Audrey before she transitioned. That was a serious WTF moment for me. My wife is the biggest JMac fan in the world and even she was like, "What an idiot."

• Love 7
(edited)

LOL yes that was a face palm moment. And speaking of John, I think after James proved that he can't throw comps successfully John will definitely be going back to being the designated 'pawn who throws BOB' next week/every week.

• Love 2

But the way these other fools talk about it they act like it's spring break in Cancun or some shit.

When they first started sequestering the jury it was. For a few years they were locked up in remote beachfront villas in Mexico.

I don't put that much stock in these people talking about wanting jury. I think it's a mix of things - having the guaranteed stipend, sure. But also subtle passive agressiveness in trying to talk the other person into keeping them around for a few weeks. And also, what are they supposed to say? "I really, really just want to win this game" to another person who will have to lose in order for them to win? Not exactly good gameplay. And finally, I think they get so bored that talking about jury is at least something to talk about.

Steve irritates me. I wish he didn't, I think he's a good guy and might be great outside of this environment. But inside this environment, he irritates me, and it has nothing to do with his looks or geekiness. I actually think he's pretty cute when he cleans up. But yeah, Jason is a total ass about it, which sucks because Steve really seems to want to work with him for some unknown reason.

• Love 9
(edited)

No. She sure isn't encouraging his delusions about love! 

I know she said she was gonna use him, and I think she is, but like she's just so disgusted by him that she can't really fake it most of the time. Austin's just nuts. He's worse than Caleb imo.

But I would love to see Liz string Austin along only to be the one to cut him. It's part of why I don't really want Austin to go this week. But on the other hand I don't want her to have to put up with his grossness anymore, even if it is good for her game.

• Love 1
(edited)

She's just playing him. She's pretty clearly not actually into him. Just check any of the caps of her when he's touching, hugging, or kissing her lol. Plus, we have her word that she doesn't like him/is using him in DR.