Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17 Live Feed Discussion: Watch People Sleep All Day!

• Start Topic

I don't think production is going to do anything to save Audrey at this point.  Her game is history, she would never come back from this.  And I really haven't seen any evidence that she's some big fan favorite, so they're not going to do anything drastic this early in the game.  They'll cut their losses and show more of the couples.  Which will continue to make the show boring for me, but I'm still loving the feeds. 

• Love 6

Clay is talking to John about how a F4 of them, Steve, and Shelli would be a good idea. First of all, gross. But secondly, how is no one seeing that Clay/Shelli have a deal with every single person? Why is no one targeting this powerful duo that has lied to every person?

Also, John has abandoned Becky because "you don't mix business with pleasure." I literally loled. He's reached Austin levels of delusion!

I kinda like James crush on her.

It's kinda weird. On a BB site before this started someone under an SN posted that she was seriously crazy a few times and talked like they knew her.

• Love 1
(edited)

Is there anyone in the house Clay and Shelli aren't aligned with? 

Steve will absolutely rat out that alliance to Vanessa if they propose it to him.

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 2
(edited)

It's kinda weird. On a BB site before this started someone under an SN posted that she was seriously crazy a few times and talked like they knew her.

Yea, there was someone pre-show that said they knew her from the ORG she played and they said she was legit nuts. Supposedly she lied about a family member dying and ended up winning the game because of it. 

Steve will absolutely rat out that alliance to Vanessa if they propose it to him.

I hope they ask him about it then because I love a good Vanessa meltdown!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1

At this point I think it's abundantly clear they purposefully cast people who have issues that will not work out well in this environment. It's so exploitative. But here I am watching every year so I'm part of the problem!

Seriously, every year we have numerous houseguests who have to get "their meds" in the diary room. Whether that's Prozac or  Ritalin or whatever, it's amazing they keep casting people who have behavioral issues severe enough to require regular medication for them. They deliberately look for people they know are unstable or at least have the potential to be.

She didn't ask him. He decided to do it to be nice.

To someone who has never said the words "thank you" to anyone who has cooked for her and gave her food. 

She must be going to the bathroom in the DR and that's why she went straight there.

• Love 2
(edited)

She must be going to the bathroom in the DR and that's why she went straight there.

I didn't think about that. They'd have to be allowing her to leave DR and enter the BTS area though. That almost has to be the case though because she would have to use the bathroom. Again, either she truly is very sick or she has the most amazing negotiation skills I've ever seen.

I think it's sweet James and Becky made her food. It says a lot about them as people.

• Love 5

Seriously, every year we have numerous houseguests who have to get "their meds" in the diary room. Whether that's Prozac or  Ritalin or whatever, it's amazing they keep casting people who have behavioral issues severe enough to require regular medication for them. They deliberately look for people they know are unstable or at least have the potential to be.

Well, to be fair, I'm not sure there's a huge pool of "normal" people who want to go on a television show, and have their lives broadcast to the internet 24/7 for an entire summer. It takes some level of crazy to even go on this show to begin with.

• Love 5
(edited)

I sympathize with casting because they need semi-unstable people to make the show interesting. When you try to cast normal people you end up with Becky and Meg.

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 3

I feel bad for Audrey because it was something compulsive with her. She could have gotten out of this week if she had just slowed her roll. But she physically couldn't do it. I thought she was either a plant or she had severe issues. Based on the way she is acting now, I have to think it's the latter and she really shouldn't have been cast on this show.

• Love 1

Yeah as much as I love watching this show, I would never, ever go on it.  And no one in my family and circle of friends would ever sign a release so I would have to be mute most of the time.  

Anyway, maybe I'm reading the situation wrong, but Johnny going with Shelli/Clay might end up being better for his game than sticking with Becky.  But who knows at this point as there is such a long way to go.

(edited)

This "compulsive/pathological liar" meme is kind of funny to me, because we're watching people play a game that requires some level of sociopathic behavior by design, that compels all participants to lie. Some do it a little, some do it a lot. Who knows how much they'd do it in normal life?

And with Audrey, we've seen her show awareness of her lies in her DRs. So if I'm going to jump to a conclusion, I'm leaning more towards the idea that she's just playing the game too hard.

Edited by Liqidclark
  • Love 6

Anyway, maybe I'm reading the situation wrong, but Johnny going with Shelli/Clay might end up being better for his game than sticking with Becky.  But who knows at this point as there is such a long way to go.

But how dense could you be that after having been nominated 4 times, including twice directly by Shelli, not pulled off the block with the POV this week and not understand that you are expendable to these people?

• Love 4
(edited)

But how dense could you be that after having been nominated 4 times, including twice directly by Shelli, not pulled off the block with the POV this week and not understand that you are expendable to these people?

THIS. John's obsession with playing for Shelli/Clay makes the least sense of everyone for this very reason imo. And another thing, why would you want to be third in a alliance with 2 people who would never take you to the end?

• Love 2

THIS. John's obsession with playing for Shelli/Clay makes the least sense of everyone for this very reason imo. And another thing, why would you want to be third in a alliance with 2 people who would never take you to the end?

Would they not, though? Drew wisely chose to take Cowboy with him instead of Diane, and it won him the game. I know Clay is an idiot, but hypothetically, if he made it to the end with John and Shelli, he'd be throwing away the money if he took Shelli with him.

• Love 1

Clay is talking to John about how a F4 of them, Steve, and Shelli would be a good idea. First of all, gross. But secondly, how is no one seeing that Clay/Shelli have a deal with every single person? Why is no one targeting this powerful duo that has lied to every person?

Also, John has abandoned Becky because "you don't mix business with pleasure." I literally loled. He's reached Austin levels of delusion!

You can't target someone if you're not HOH. They've essentially been in power each week. 

You can't target someone if you're not HOH. They've essentially been in power each week. 

Right, but none of them have even talked about wanting Clay and Shelli on the block. The focus has pretty much been on Liz, Austin, and Vanessa. 

• Love 1

Jason and Jackie for HOH. They're targeting Austin and Liz (and Vanessa but probably not immediately). Austin has said he would throw competitions to save Liz; I would love if he did that and somehow ended up going home because of it. Only to find out she doesn't even like him. Whoops.

I see this as a likely scenario: Austin and Liz/Julia are on the block. Vanessa wins Veto again. Austin begs Vanessa to use the Veto on Liz/Julia and falls on his sword for his pretty princess twin. He gets voted out. Come finale night, he sees Liz and makes a beeline for her... only for her to jump into Jeff's waiting arms. Okay, so it only works if he's a jury boot but still. I'd also be happy with him being a pre-jury boot and hearing her talk about how awful it was to have him draped all over her and following her around everywhere while he makes angry posts on Twitter about it.

I think it's probably an elaborate ruse to cover up something else and apparently production is using Audrey to pull it off (with buy in from Vanessa). I'll be shocked if she leaves the house anytime soon. They'll probably do a reset back to last week or some nonsense.

I really wanted this to happen. I still do in a way, though if Audrey isn't faking it, it would be kind of cruel. Could you imagine the looks on everyone's faces after the kiss and hug I'm sorry/Goodbye moments when Audrey goes to open the door and it's locked? Maybe if she hadn't gone around the bend. I was half expecting to wake up this morning and find that she was taken out by the men in the white coats.

Apparently Austin was cast last season but left sequester because of a family issue. He was replaced by Hayden.

https://twitter.com/teenage_child/status/623260089479233537

Imagine Austin and Caleb in the same house for a second. What a nightmare that would have been.

Nightmare? Maybe for Amber. But feeds gold for us! Could you imagine the one-up competitions with them? They'd be fighting over the bunny slippers!

At this point I think it's abundantly clear they purposefully cast people who have issues that will not work out well in this environment. It's so exploitative. But here I am watching every year so I'm part of the problem!

Me too. It's like a sickness and I know the cure, but damn it, I don't want to be healed. I'm just regretting that I didn't stop by at the liquor store to buy a bottle of wine for the past two days of feeds. I rectified the wine situation but I think the feeds are done being fun until after Thursday.

I thought that it would change after... was it Amanda who used to palm her ADD medication and store it up until just before a competition and then throw back a handful for that burst of energy? Honestly, I thought a lot would change after that season what with the abuse of medication and Gina-Marie puking in towels to hide her eating disorder. Clearly those psychological work-ups aren't done to make sure the HGs are sane enough to play the game (if they even do them anymore!). They're done to make sure they're crazy enough to have good camera moments.

I can't help but think that Production/AG/RK and the whole group are disappointed in Audrey. Sure, we've got some great crazy moments from her but she's not much of a character on the broadcast shows and she lost her shit rather quickly for this game. I can't wait for the broadcast shows this week to see how they play this.

Also, I'm a little disappointed in myself that during the whole "What's in Audrey's paper bag?" speculation, I missed the obvious answer: she had all the Empirical Evidence that Multiple People told her about!

• Love 5

It's really amazing how Shelli and Clay have the entire house snowed. Everyone just runs up to them and rats on each other. At this rate they're a lock for F3 with whatever useless floater they choose. 

Gonna be a looooong summer.

• Love 2

This "compulsive/pathological liar" meme is kind of funny to me, because we're watching people play a game that requires some level of sociopathic behavior by design, that compels all participants to lie. Some do it a little, some do it a lot. Who knows how much they'd do it in normal life?

And with Audrey, we've seen her show awareness of her lies in her DRs. So if I'm going to jump to a conclusion, I'm leaning more towards the idea that she's just playing the game too hard.

This is the crux of the issue, isn't it?!  

I really enjoyed Dan a few years ago, I *knew* from almost day 1 that he was a man on a mission and he got it done.  It is possible to be funny, interesting tv, and kind...but it takes an unusual mix of intelligence and self-awareness.  I don't see that mix in this years cast.  I had hopes for John, but just.  No.  Nope.

What I wouldn't give for this cast to give us one evening of Dan, Renny and Keisha?!  Good times. 

• Love 2

No joke, last night Austin said that if him and Liz were both nominated but on different sides, he would throw the BOB for her

I hope this happens tbh. I hope Austin sacrifices himself for Liz and he's booted out of the house before Liz is even playing the game 24/7 and he goes home (to an ex-girlfriend) and watches and gets to see how not into him Liz really is.

• Love 5

Well, to be fair, I'm not sure there's a huge pool of "normal" people who want to go on a television show, and have their lives broadcast to the internet 24/7 for an entire summer. It takes some level of crazy to even go on this show to begin with.

I sympathize with casting because they need semi-unstable people to make the show interesting. When you try to cast normal people you end up with Becky and Meg.

Echo echo. "Normal" people usually try to minimize the drama in their lives; for BB, however, drama is its protein.

Because when a power couple is driving the House at this stage of the game, it's better to acquiesce (mostly) to their wishes and create the perception of being a useful tool to keep around, than thwart them and be perceived as a threat to be eliminated. We're only three evictions into the game*, people; marathon, not sprint. :)

In any case, does anybody here really expect Clamshell to make it to F3 intact? Me, I'll be surprised if the two of them both make it to Jury. Both are way too oblivious to how the rest of the HGs perceive them.

* Four, if you count Audrey. ;>

• Love 6
(edited)

Echo echo. "Normal" people usually try to minimize the drama in their lives; for BB, however, drama is its protein.

Because when a power couple is driving the House at this stage of the game, it's better to acquiesce (mostly) to their wishes and create the perception of being a useful tool to keep around, than thwart them and be perceived as a threat to be eliminated. We're only three evictions into the game*, people; marathon, not sprint. :)

In any case, does anybody here really expect Clamshell to make it to F3 intact? Me, I'll be surprised if the two of them both make it to Jury. Both are way too oblivious to how the rest of the HGs perceive them.

* Four, if you count Audrey. ;>

I think the issue is that nobody is talking about targeting them at this point.  I think most would agree that Johnny Mac hasn't had much of a choice at this point but to play along.  But he hasn't exactly said he'd seek revenge.  By most accounts he seems willing to accept this role and keep working with them.  He has not completely come to the conclusion that he's low man on the totem pole yet.

Edited by MV007
  • Love 1

Audrey Watch 2015: She switched from laying on her left side to laying on her right side. I wonder if she'll actually leave the HN room today.

And as I typed that, she moved from one dentist chair to another. She's alive! For about thirty seconds.

• Love 3

I think it makes sense for John to go with them. Obviously eventually they're going to be targeted by SOMEone. They're a clear, defined target. Just like how one of the twins will inevitably be targeted. You can't not target clear couples eventually. That's why Derrick tried to make it clear that he didn't care if Victoria left, while then making sure she never left. So if you're aligned with them, you know that they'll become a bigger target than you later on and meanwhile, they're controlling the house. I think it's a win-win for John. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I think the issue is that nobody is talking about targeting them at this point. I think most would agree that Johnny Mac hasn't had much of a choice at this point but to play along. But he hasn't exactly said he'd seek revenge. By most accounts he seems willing to accept this role and keep working with them. He has not completely come to the conclusion that he's low man on the totem pole yet.

Said - to whom?

• To the same HGs he sees running their mouths 25/8 - and that generally in either Shelli's or Clay's presence?
"Hey, Austin, I'm really getting hacked at Shelli and Clay constantly pawning me on the Block. First chance I get, I'm nomming BOTH of them, and let THEM see how uncomfortable that chair is!"

"I don't blame you one little bit, John! Er - excuse me for a minute, will you...?"

<poof>

• In the DR - to a Production staff world-famous for royally intercoursing the gameplay of any HG unlucky enough not to be included in AG's Cool Kid Clique?

Personally, one of the things which has impressed me the most about John is that of all the HGs, he more than any other has demonstrated an understanding of Derrick's Rule: if you don't tell ANYBODY - including Production- your true strategy, then nobody - including Production - can screw with your strategy.

ETA: typos

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 9
(edited)

What a bunch of dummies. They were just sitting around talking about first names and they seemed to agree that Betty is short for Beatrice. It's short for Elizabeth or Bethany, numbskulls.

Edited by TimWil
  • Love 1

What a bunch of dummies. They were just sitting around talking about first names and they seemed to agree that Betty is short for Beatrice. It's short for Elizabeth or Bethany, numbskulls.

Was Jason included in this conversation? He's not the sharpest tool in the shed.

• Love 1

Jason just went to check on Audrey (she spoke and moved from her new spot on the floor behind all the dentist chairs) and came back into the kitchen to tell those assembled that she was still alive and kicking. It led to a conversation primarily between Meg, Austin, and Jason that during their DR sessions about the Audrey drama of the past few days, the questions they were asked and what was said led them to believe that it wasn't anything serious that was wrong with Audrey. I'm sure it could be the DR staff just trying to get some DR sessions making fun of her for it and then play it off as something serious on the show, like they're all assholes or something but I doubt it. Everyone has claimed that they were nice in their DR sessions about this, however. They did get called out by BB but continued to talk about it quickly.

They keep questioning whether she's actually going to appear to be locked down in the HoH with everyone before the live show and whether she'll actually show up for the live show. I have to admit, I'm wondering the same things myself.

Austin: "You can't use hospice as a strategy."

Yes, Jason was one of the ones in that conversation. He may have been the first to say Betty is derived from Beatrice. Meg said she wished that she was named Maggie instead of Meg and Jackie said Maggie was "a dried up old lady's name." Really, Jackie? Moron. They talked about "old" names and how a name like Bertha could only apply to a fat woman. Charming. They all laughed at this except for Vanessa, who seemed to get the disgusting feeling she was back in junior high.

My great Aunt Betty's name was Beatrice. It's not stupid, it's just that Betty can be a nickname for more than one name. Of all of the vile things that can come out of HGs mouths, snark about names doesn't rile me up. Of course, my name is Susan, but if you call me Suzie I will kick your ass, so sometimes names DO rile me up :)

Audrey spending one day in a dentist chair asleep is a bit much, but OK. If she's still at this tomorrow? What the hell. If she's really Still in the house just for the stipend (as has been mentioned), how much can the money be? And how awful is getting kicked off a game show where you can't get up, get your own food, walk around, go to the bathroom, and be a functioning adult.

• Love 3

I really think they're just keeping Audrey around at this point to avoid the bad press/pity tour she'd give if she quit the game. After all their promo about how "amazing" and "brave" and getting Julie to tear up over her...they can't let her slink out the backdoor and let it look like she got bullied and forced out by the casuals.

But it's really crappy to put the other houseguests through this. They're basically forced to tiptoe around an invalid.

Was Jason included in this conversation? He's not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Now, now, it's not fair to single out Jason. Half of these HGs would make a sack of wet mice look like a Rhodes scholar in comparison.

• Love 4

Jason, Jackie, Becky, James talking about the Jury House:

James: And there will be less cameras (?!) so anybody can hook up with whoever they want to hook up with.

Jackie (laughing): Yeah, I wanna f**k everybody!

Heh heh. James is disgusting but Jackie can be pretty vulgar. I know she was kidding but still. You can take the girl out of Vegas...

(edited)

Ugh, Audrey isn't even out of the house yet, I'm already bored and can't even be bothered reading updates.  Cue that Tyra Banks "We were all rooting for you" gif.  

And also I don't want to come off like I think people with mental illness/behavioral problems are horrible and can't live normal lives, but this particular show is probably not the place for certain types of people.

After witnessing some creepy & questionable behaviors from certain houseguests (one overrated fan favorite in particular) from last season, they shouldn't be allowed on social media much less BB.  

Edited by Nite Ryder
(edited)

Vanessa is already regretting backdooring Audrey. She's realizing the floaters like Becky, Jackie and JMac are coming after her now that the house meat shield is gone. Day late and a dollar short, girl. 

She actually said it's not fair that all the big targets are leaving while the floaters are staying. LOL.

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 4

Shelli telling Clay how much he looks like her brother.

I just vomited in my mouth.

That's the next twist:  Flowers in Attic!   Clay will be looking for the hidden stairs leading to the hidden attic when he hears about it.

• Love 6

She actually said it's not fair that all the big targets are leaving while the floaters are staying. LOL.

Oh has she morphed into Rachel? Floaters grab a life vest!

Can we just fast forward to Thursday now. This week is dead. I'm pretty sure next week will be dead before it even begins, but there's like a 10% chance it might be good so let's just move on!

I don't know if she's morphed into Rachel or has correctly surmised that the house is full of useless toadies who have their heads so far up Shelli and her son's ass they can't fucking see straight.

• Love 4