Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17 Live Feed Discussion: Watch People Sleep All Day!

• Start Topic

I think John will be the exception. Shelli, for one, will be thrilled. I see nothing wrong with someone who was evicted coming back into the game and winning it all.

Lil would have won Survivor if she had decided to take Fariplay with her.  Well that was according to Jeff's show of hands vote.  My point is I agree with you if the jury deems them worthy of winning so be it.  I mean there have been plenty of BB and Survivor winners that I do not like but at the end of the day you can only play the game that is before you.

Awwwww the Canadian BB season 1 finale vote. So awesome. LOL

I was wondering if there was a way to legally watch BB Canada episodes.  I would love to get a chance to watch them.

For those thinking Vanessa is going to have a hard time with her F2 speech....

I called it then, and I'm calling it now; it was her idea to have that fake jury skit weeks ago when she was the lawyer.  I mean really most HG's play other games like bowling or that other annoying game with the candy....trust, she'll have no problem on the hot seat.

• Love 5

I like Vanessa and Steve talking. He's the only person she calmly and rationally talks to. I think she thinks no one else is smart enough to have a real conversation with.

It's an interesting dilemma. They are discussing how Liz could beat them, but it would ensure they take each other to F2. John they both think they can beat in the vote but they are worried the other one of them will keep him for that reason. They are the anti-Cody.

• Love 4

I think at this point Vanessa has to want Liz sitting next to her if she's final 2. Liz there, she starts 2 votes down. Cut Liz loose tomorrow, and she starts down 3 votes. I think that unless she was in danger of losing veto to Liz on this one, she should have thrown in and hope one of the boys did the dirty work. They'd both want her as the second chair precisely because they would assume she had the 3 vote deficit. I think that would have been her best chance. In her initial skittles play, I don't think she was factoring in rage.

I like Vanessa and Steve talking. He's the only person she calmly and rationally talks to. I think she thinks no one else is smart enough to have a real conversation with.

She does have good one/one conversations with Steve, but I don't agree that he is the only one she talks calmly to.  She also has good one/one conversations with John, and also Liz, when Austin isn't hanging on her, and also Austin, when she was alone with him. 

I'm not sure what they are thinking, they are both discussing that keeping John would be safer than Liz, but I can't believe Vanessa really thinks that. Or, she's going to think that, arrange the skittles, overthink it, throw the skittles in the air, rethink it and land on evicting John, which I think is a better move for her, at least marginally.

• Love 1

Hm. Vanessa versus Liz. It'd be close. It depends on whether Austin can convince the Goblins to all vote with him.

Steve and Vanessa had a conversation - Steve did try to throw in some "John would be easier to beat in HOH and F2" points. But Vanessa was already pointing out Liz's automatic votes and competition wins to Steve, and how stupid it'd be to take her to the end. She might be too worried that John is too tempting to take to Final 2 over her to keep him. I think Steve will take either Liz or John over Vanessa though.

He told her he tried to throw that Loopy competition and won by accident to "build some trust." Vanessa was like, "...how does that build trust? So what?" And then Steve said he wants to tell her more about his secret.

Edited by mooses

I think at this point Vanessa has to want Liz sitting next to her if she's final 2. Liz there, she starts 2 votes down. Cut Liz loose tomorrow, and she starts down 3 votes. I think that unless she was in danger of losing veto to Liz on this one, she should have thrown in and hope one of the boys did the dirty work. They'd both want her as the second chair precisely because they would assume she had the 3 vote deficit. I think that would have been her best chance. In her initial skittles play, I don't think she was factoring in rage.

Honestly, if I were Vanessa, I'd send JMac out the door tomorrow.  Yes, Austin is angry and feels betrayed over his eviction but once he gets to the jury house and hears everyone but Meg talking about how Vanessa's been running this game, I think he might calm down enough to see her move for what it was - a brilliant strategic move.  JMac would only concur with those sentiments already expressed by Shelli, Becky, James, and Julia.  If Liz remains in the BB house then Austin and Julia will hope that she can win out and probably be campaigning for her as opposed to "anyone but Vanessa", which is what their mentality is likely to be if Liz leaves tomorrow, especially since Vanessa won veto and would be the one responsible for evicting both Austin and Liz.  

I think Vanessa is trying to work Steve around to the idea that SHE is a better F2 goat than Liz since he'll be down 2 votes automatically if he chooses Liz for F2.  We'll have to see what she says to Liz over the next few days (assuming she remains) to figure out her angle to get to F2 with Liz.  I'm not even sure, at this point, that it's in Vanessa's best interests to win the F3 HOH if she can convince both Steve & Liz to take her over the other.  Against Steve, she's sure to win - Shelli, JMac, Becky, James, Julia, Austin & Liz would all vote for her - after all, Steve would, in that scenario, be responsible for getting out both the twins.  Against Liz, I think she'd still win - Shelli, JMac, Becky, James & Steve would all likely pick her over Liz.

• Love 2

And then Steve said he wants to tell her more about his secret.

See, this is where Steve always loses me.  Everytime there is danger, he wants to talk about his "secret". I don't have time for that. I think he was strategic in having someone send a teddy bear, and in playing the "gosh, I wish someone would love me" card, etc.  I don't understand why folks think that could be a more valid strategy than say Vanessa's or John's strategy.  I also want to stop hearing about how women are the only ones emotionally manipulative after this.

I don't like it, but I guess if he wins, it was a valid strategy.

• Love 4

Johnny and Steve made the 500K mistakes.

Steve won hoh and put V/Jmac...idiot. Johnny should had evicted Steve after all.

Johnny better go if Im Vanessa. He is the thorn in her side to wiN and can win physical.

Vanessa is a queen. Plain and simple. 7 comp wins and best strategic player of the season.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 7

Yessssss Vanessa won veto!!

Also, just reading at Joker's that Steve is talking to himself and said he'd probably take Liz to F2 over Vanessa. I think if Vanessa evicts John, Steve is probably fucked, because I think both Vanessa and Liz will beat him in F2. 

• Love 3

Steve now, talking to cameras in HOH, saying he messed up today, he should have saved John, by which I think it means he thinks could have won veto.  Then bemoaning that he just wants a friend. Now he just wants hot cocoa and to cry it out of his system.  Skipped a few minutes, now he's hugging his teddy bear sobbing to his mom that he is so sorry, he wanted Vanessa out, but didn't get it done.  More sobbing into the teddy bear, apologizing to mom, hugging the teddy bear, crying out to mom, holding the teddy bear. Now cried out, talking strategy outloud.

Okay, big boy, you do you.  Good to know Vanessa's not the only crier.

Edited by pennben
  • Love 6

Steve explaining to Liz he doesn't understand why he was crying so hard.  But maybe he does, it's just that he's never been accepted anywhere, so this is something he's never felt, he's so happy to be where folks understand him.  Steve is back in "harmless" mode.  Vanessa walks in, tells Steve to go to bed. He agrees. Hahahahaha.

Edited by pennben
  • Love 1

Sorry but if you've been evicted you shouldn't win the game. The entire point is to not be voted out. That they have used this awful twist the last three seasons doesn't change the fact.

By that logic, every double-elimination tournament in history is a perversion of its respective game. There's nothing inherently immoral game-wise about a second chance; portraying it as such is simply a handy device for reality show contestants to use in painting a target on their competition - a Reason, if you will. ;)

Come to think of it, I wonder what was going on with that Veto competition. I think peachmangosteen had mentioned some controversy among the HGs. We obviously saw Vanessa's meltdown, but I'm assuming it was because of that and not solely from John winning like BB tried to edit it as.

Liz's board was malfunctioning; either her board's magnets were cutting out, or they simply weren't strong enough to do the job and retain the game pieces against the jarring of the balance beam. If you look closely pretty early in the comp, you can see Liz running back, pressing her button (on time) to reset the 20-second counter, running back to her game board - and see at least 2 or 3 tiles falling off her wall when she is about a step or two away from the game platform.

• Love 1

It's funny, I think Vanessa should (and will) eliminate John, but I also think that it will be funny to first hear her talk to Steve about how much of a threat Liz and how they can't go to the F2 against Liz. "Oh, okay, so you'll get rid of Liz this week?" "Oh no, I can't do that." Heh.

Anyhow, big ups to Vanessa - this was her only shot at staying in the game and she pulled it off. Great job. She now is very likely GOING to win the game. I said a while back that she had a reasonable chance of winning the game, she just had to win some comps, and win some comps she did! Good work. 

• Love 7

If someone from this cast is really going to be on B&B it is likely Austin because of his appearance.  Was it announced that this would happen?  Who, probably rests on the producer and who they can fit into a scene.  I can easily see Austin as a bartender or some service person.  I suppose anyone could be in that role but his appearance tells me he is the likely choice.  

Edited by wings707

I think BB has a weird relationship with the Bold & Beautiful.  Last year, they brought on Donny, and then ended up also bring about 6 or 7 others from the house; the year before, 3 or 4.  I think they have been doing it since Rachel/Brendon, maybe before.  I'd giggle if Austin didn't make the cut this year, but I'm sure he will.

• Love 1

I don't really blame James for getting rid of Shelly instead of Vanessa. I think he would have been out earlier if Shelly would have stayed. I do blame him for rolling over and not fighting harder during the double eviction. The Austwins should have backdoored Vanessa the minute Julia won veto and cut a deal with James and kept him since they controlled the HOH, veto and the votes.

• Love 2

Austin's girlfriend was on the fence as to whether she wanted to stay with him.  The letter he wrote to her before he went in the house (her sister posted it on twitter) basically said he hoped she would decide to stick around.   She was already out the door so no big deal to her or Austin.  He was correct when he said it was on the rocks.  

Austin's shoe-less blindside is still epic to me after a good nights sleep. Waking up and finding out that Vanessa won the veto and Steve had a breakdown in the HOH was even better news. I wish it was John who had won HOH and it was Steve who would be getting the boot next but I'm just glad Vanessa is in F3. If she can get to F2 I think she deserves to win against anybody who's sitting next to her.

ETA: I think Austin will be bitter and try to poison the jury against Vanessa, however I hope the jury can see that Vanessa was part of an alliance so her moves were always against the people outside of it until she had no choice. I think people would have less respect for her if she had booted Steve over Austin.

Edited by kellog010
  • Love 5

Also, due to this very impressive comp win, I think Vanessa has definitely moved her way up to the upper echelon of BB winners (if she does win, of course, but come on, the odds are very much in her favor right now - the only way she loses is if Steve wins F3 HoH). I think she will be right above Maggie (and therefore, right above Derrick and Hayden) as the top BB winners (she's still below my triumvirate of Jun, Dan and Will). 

• Love 5

Okay, big boy, you do you. Good to know Vanessa's not the only crier.

Right after he complained about Vanessa crying as HOH on the show today. At the time I was like, "You threw up in the sink because of a vote!"

And apparently he threw the Veto, which is just dumb.

I'm pretty sure Frankie, Caleb, Jessie, Rachel and Brendon are all showing up just to remind me how good we've has it this season. Ugh.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 4

I think BB has a weird relationship with the Bold & Beautiful.  Last year, they brought on Donny, and then ended up also bring about 6 or 7 others from the house; the year before, 3 or 4.  I think they have been doing it since Rachel/Brendon, maybe before.  I'd giggle if Austin didn't make the cut this year, but I'm sure he will.

The earliest person I remember being on it was Kaysar. 

• Love 2

I have to say when there were reports of Vanessa looking sad and pensive, and that meant she didn't win, I thought "Oh, that probably means she did win." It means another decision, over which she has to agonize. More numbers to run.

I wonder if Steve didn't nominate Liz to build trust with her to try to get her to take him to final 2 (since he knew John would take him anyway).

I don't get him throwing the veto at all -- which actually makes me believe he didn't, and he's beating himself up for not having "tried harder" or something. That especially makes no sense because if anyone but Vanessa won, Vanessa was likely going home, and he had the eviction speech all geared up. Unless he thought Vanessa winning meant she wouldn't boot John, but he was her target last week...why on earth would that change?

Whatever the equivalent of Killer Fatigue is in the Big Brother house, Steve definitely has it.

• Love 1

Jokers says that Steve said Vanessa convinced him to throw it. I wonder if he did throw it because he doesn't have the balls to to be the one to backstab Vanessa, after months of being brainwashed by her to be a good loyal Boy. He was literally throwing up when he contemplated evicting Julia over Meg. I can't imagine the guilt and anxiety he'd feel over winning veto and choosing Liz over Vanessa.

• Love 3

But had he won the veto, he wouldn't have even been the one to actually DO the evicting! So I don't buy it. I think it is more him being pissed that he DIDN'T win it and disappointed in himself, so he's going with "I can't believe I threw it" versus "I can't believe I didn't win it." It's actually kind of a loser mentality. Kind of annoying. 

• Love 2

I think it is more he didn't want to admit to losing the "days" competition. He was quite proudly practicing his F2 talk (while at F5) and his big focus was Vanessa being gone.

Edited by pennben
  • Love 1

But had he won the veto, he wouldn't have even been the one to actually DO the evicting! So I don't buy it. I think it is more him being pissed that he DIDN'T win it and disappointed in himself, so he's going with "I can't believe I threw it" versus "I can't believe I didn't win it." It's actually kind of a loser mentality. Kind of annoying. 

Well, Steve did tell the Austwins (back around Liz's HOH where she put up Becky) that he thought it was funny that Vanessa thinks she can beat him at a Days comp. So, maybe you're right.

• Love 1

He could have thrown it but I doubt it. I'll wait until we see the comp. Too many times this season a HG has claimed they threw a comp on the feeds, then we see the competition on the episode and there's no evidence they threw it.

I actually think Vanessa has a better chance at beating Steve than Liz in F2. The Goblins viewed him as a charity case inside the house. I feel like they are more likely to vote for Liz at the end.

• Love 1

Vanessa won.

Steve did tell the Austwins (back around Liz's HOH where she put up Becky) that he thought it was funny that Vanessa thinks she can beat him at a Days comp. So, maybe you're right.

Which I believe Austin related to Vanessa and she was like BRING IT BITCH.

I find this especially funny since Rob Cesterino's podcast pointed out that all that time Van was trying to say the right thing to Johnny Mac, Austin told her how JMac came to Liztin, and wanted to make a "big" move, and "get blood on his hands", and he was done being Mr. Nice guy (in that convo he was telling him he'd bounce Steve). And almost immediately after getting that info from Austin, Van had that convo with John in HoH where she used ALL those phrases. So funny Austin gave her the final piece of the Johnny Mac puzzle to vote his ass out the door. HAHA.

Edited by blixie
  • Love 1
The earliest person I remember being on it was Kaysar.

Who truly was beautiful if not so bold. However, the B&B page says Drew Daniel from BB5 was the first. Kaysar was BB6.

If someone from this cast is really going to be on B&B it is likely Austin because of his appearance.

I think it won't be Austin because of his appearance. The show is literally about beautiful people and Austin--IMO--is a freak show with all those tattoos and weird facial hair. He'd stick out like a sore thumb and I don't think the show wants guests on who will upstage the regular cast.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 6

I think Steve should be upset that he lost POV, whether he threw it or not. Sobbing and carrying on? No, but... Ok. I don't know that he could beat Vanessa or Liz in F2, so that may have just lost it for him. I want a Steve/Vanessa F2. I think she would win and finally a woman would beat a man. I think they would both take Liz though.

Who truly was beautiful if not so bold. However, the B&B page says Drew Daniel from BB5 was the first. Kaysar was BB6.

I think it won't be Austin because of his appearance. The show is literally about beautiful people and Austin--IMO--is a freak show with all those tattoos and weird facial hair. He'd stick out like a sore thumb and I don't think the show wants guests on who will upstage the regular cast.

Do they ever get mugged?  

• Love 12

Caleb hosted the veto comp. Why won't Production just let us forget BB16 even existed, dammit?!

He is going to be on Survivor 32, so I suspect that CBS thinks that he is good TV and that he is well liked. Personally, I am hoping he is the first person voted out of Survivor 32.

• Love 11

I want a Steve/Vanessa F2. I think she would win and finally a woman would beat a man. I think they would both take Liz though.

I'm not sure about that. Steve told the cameras that he doesn't feel like he has much of a shot against either of them but that he may actually have a better shot against Vanessa due to people hating her (like season 14). I don't know what Vanessa will do but I could easily see her taking Steve because of Julia/Austin. And she could easily make the pitch to the jury that Steve has been her lackey all game. YMMV, but if I were Vanessa, I'd take Steve.

I think Vanessa will take Steve to F2 if she wins. Steve will probably take Liz IMO. He also told the cameras that he can't beat Vanessa and that he has no argument against her in the jury. I think he believes that against Liz, he could at least make a case for why he should win the money. If he's up against Vanessa, everything she's done trumps everything he's done.

If he's up against Vanessa, everything she's done trumps everything he's done.

Dan had the same argument over Ian. 

Steve really needs to be the one to evict Vanessa...He could at least point to that. That's really the only way I can see him winning because he didn't play a great social game. If he's against Vanessa, no one really likes either one but Vanessa played a better strategic game. They would be forced to vote for her.

Edited by Cutty

I agree that Steve needs to evict Vanessa for his resume.  Half the jury never saw him do anything whatsoever (other than evict Jackie for no reason!), so I don't know that any of them are impressed with him.  I think he played a better game than I think the jury sees, but I do not get to vote :)

• Love 1

He could have thrown it but I doubt it. I'll wait until we see the comp. Too many times this season a HG has claimed they threw a comp on the feeds, then we see the competition on the episode and there's no evidence they threw it.

Yeah, the only reason he would maybe think of throwing it is so Vanessa gets one more person to hate her. But he couldn't wait to evict her as a big move, so I think he just lost. Which is funny because Vanessa was super offended that he thought he had it in the bag.

I don't know who Vanessa will take. Probably Steve, but I don't think that's set in stone. I think Steve will take Liz because he knows the jury believes she's only there because of Austin (don't get me started on that).

Cocky Steve is Extra Annoying Steve, so I love his breakdown.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 1

I don't know who Vanessa will take. Probably Steve, but I don't think that's set in stone. I think Steve will take Liz because he knows the jury believes she's only there because of Austin (don't get me started on that).

A Steve/Liz vote would probably be very close. I think Vanessa would vote for Liz over Steve, especially if Steve is the one who evicts Vanessa. So, Liz would have 3 votes, and she'd need 2 more. I always got the feeling that James and Meg hated Steve, so they might actually vote for Liz too. It's really hard for me to predict jury votes for a Steve/Liz F2. The only thing I'm sure of is that Vanessa would probably beat both Liz and Steve in a F2 situation. Unless Austin stays bitter and is really, really good at campaigning against Vanessa in the jury house. Which, if Austin really does stay bitter after a week of reflecting, he's the worst BB Superfan ever. I at least feel sure that Steve will truly vote for the best player, no matter if they scumbag him or not. I think John probably would too.

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 3

Unless Austin stays bitter and is really, really good at campaigning against Vanessa in the jury house. Which, if Austin really does stay bitter after a week of reflecting, he's the worst BB Superfan ever.

In the interview I read, Austin mentioned how bitter he was. They asked about his tattoo and he said something like "Unless I stay bitter..." So he's at least aware of it. I think he'll make a big deal in questioning if she makes it to Final 2 for Good TV, but I think he'll vote for Liz / Vanessa / Steve / John in that order.

Edited by mooses