Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17 Live Feed Discussion: Watch People Sleep All Day!

• Start Topic

Also LOL at an endurance comp lasting 12 minutes. You can thank production and their totally arbitrary rules for that. I sill don't know what Shelli did to be DQ'd that JMac and Vanessa weren't also doing.

Apparently the rule was that your butt could touch the platform but both your feet had to stay on it at all times. The girls/James were disqualified because they took their foot/feet off.

Even if James wins veto, he is on burrowed time.

The reality if James and Meg had taken seriously keeping John. I personally think Vanessa would have voted with them if Meg wasn't such a fruit head.

If they had, Becky would have been the juror coming. She was the last to fall of Jackie, Shelli and newly evictee Steve.

He might feel safe with Vanessa but John would not have thrown the HOH to her knowing she'd gun for Becky.

Instead of John going after Meg(WTF?), he'd work with her and James since they saved him.  It'll be John, Becky, James and Meg going forward with a tentative bridge between Vanessa and John due to the past week. Especially if he didn't target her this week.

Oh well. 

• Love 1

Well, apparently this week Meg and James are the root of all discord and lies. Austin has already done a complete 180, including saying he "had a bad vibe about those two". So the narrative is set, Reasons have been found, wake me after the veto.

Not going to lie though, Vanessa, Steve and Johnny Mac secretly working together? Kind of cool. But literally as I type this, I roll my eyes, because no one has ever secretly done a damn thing in this house. I mean Meg might stick her head in the ground, but no alliance has ever remained a secret. All 287 of them.

Austin telling Vanessa he loves Liz, but is happy winning the game over her? Get him out, Vanessa, get him out!!! I can not handle Austin even sniffing the final two.

• Love 6

I don't think Vanessa ever considered flipping. She was gathering information to use against James and Meg, which she is doing now. Funnily enough Austin doesn't seem to care all that much (or doesn't believe Vanessa) that they were thinking about flipping the vote.

• Love 3

Even if James wins veto, he is on burrowed time.

The reality if James and Meg had taken seriously keeping John. I personally think Vanessa would have voted with them if Meg wasn't such a fruit head.

If they had, Becky would have been the juror coming. She was the last to fall of Jackie, Shelli and newly evictee Steve.

He might feel safe with Vanessa but John would not have thrown the HOH to her knowing she'd gun for Becky.

Instead of John going after Meg(WTF?), he'd work with her and James since they saved him.  It'll be John, Becky, James and Meg going forward with a tentative bridge between Vanessa and John due to the past week. Especially if he didn't target her this week.

Oh well. 

Nevermind.

Swap Becky for Shelli.

I don't think Vanessa ever considered flipping. She was gathering information to use against James and Meg, which she is doing now. Funnily enough Austin doesn't seem to care all that much (or doesn't believe Vanessa) that they were thinking about flipping the vote.

For sure. And if The Other Side got power, she'd be closer to them than she had been, and had some ammo against the Austwins.

Liz and Julia were ragging on Austin earlier. That's when they're at their finest.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 2

Here's what I'm hoping happens...  James & Meg go up, James wins veto.  Vanessa tells Austin he has to be the "pawn" this week to ensure Meg goes home.  Reason?  Because he's never been on the block.  Besides, he'll have the votes to stay, even if JMac votes with James to keep Vanessa, because Liz, Julia & Steve will vote to keep Austin.  Then, when it comes time for the vote, Steve flips to keep Meg because he's still super-pissed at Austin for putting him up on the block this past week when he said he did not want to go at all.  Voila, Austin's out and Vanessa has no blood on her hands with the twins, or even with Austin.  Meanwhile, she's built a further bridge with James & Meg, so they won't be interested in going after her during the DE but instead focused on getting out one of the remaining twins.

• Love 6

And...I'm back to wanting Vanessa to be quiet for a very long period of time, just because. Just stop talking. Please. She'd give the Gilmore Girls a run for their money in the amount of words she can say in one minute.

Boy, James and Meg are really the devil now. Shocking!

• Love 6

And...I'm back to wanting Vanessa to be quiet for a very long period of time, just because. Just stop talking. Please. She'd give the Gilmore Girls a run for their money in the amount of words she can say in one minute.

Boy, James and Meg are really the devil now. Shocking!

I mean, I GET it, but I don't really get it - why the need to demonize people who are on the other side of you? It just seems so petty. 

• Love 5

So, I think Meg has given about 129 reasons for Vanessa to put her/James up. She's just lying/playing dumb left and right here when her/James are in HOH with Vanessa. Meg is shocked that Vanessa was BD target this past week, shocked, I tell you!

• Love 1

Yep.  John is alone with Vanessa now in HOH, and she's throwing out all her reasons  for James/Meg going up, and he just said a few minutes ago, look we're down to the point where reasons are bullshit, it's a numbers game.   

I do think John/Vanessa/Steve will stick for a bit and all realize they are singles that need to work together.  I'm pretty confident James/Meg go up.  So now, I am hoping beyond hope that one of them (let's face it, James) is able to get off the block.  Vanessa is talking putting up one of Austin/twins as a pawn to get the remaining person out to John/Steve, but who knows.  And who knows if they'd really be a pawn (in her mind) if she puts one up.  

Edited by pennben
  • Love 3

So the only real way this week will get interesting if James wins veto and forces Vanessa into a decision where she'll have to put up Austin/Liz or Steve/JMac?

I think this has been a pretty good season (especially compared to last year) but I'm at the point where I just want it to end. Don't particularly enjoy any of the people left or their game dynamics. And I've always been of the opinion that 90+ days of Big Brother is WAY too long. For comparison's sake, Big Brother Canada did a 16-person cast in 70 days and was perfectly fine for it.

This year has felt especially grueling as there's been no solid deals and so much scrambling going on. That first week alone felt like five weeks. Yet here we are with nearly another month left. 

• Love 2

Yeah, it's a decent enough season. Honestly, for years I hated bringing HGs back, because it was too much of an advantage, but Seasons 13-14 were a lot better than Seasons 15-17 (although yes, Season 17 is better than the last two seasons), so I guess I'm coming around on the idea. I think there's a decent chance we get an All-Stars SOMEwhat soon, no?

By the way, for anyone curious - the ratings are down from last year still, but barely and they're still doing very well (they just dominated Wednesday night's ratings, for instance). They're over 2 in the demo so they're likely set for at least three more seasons (probably many more past that, but three is about as far as I can fairly predict for sure). 

Watching last night's conversations, Liz was bitching to Austin about Meg and James playing them, and Austin has to explain that they're all playing for $500k and Meg and James are doing the same thing the Austwins are doing. It's moments like that when I actively really like Austin.

• Love 7

Exactly - it makes perfect sense to nominate James and Meg, so why try to make it anything but what it really is? "You're not on my side. I am HoH. Therefore, it behooves me to get rid of you."

Exactly. Every nomination speech should be the same. "I've nominated you and you. It's nothing personal. This is the best move for my game." Done and done.

I'm probably tapping out this week. I can't stand listening to Vanessa. To say she's insufferable would be an insult to the word.

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 6

I mean, I get it to a certain extent earlier in the game, when you're still figuring people out. James literally did not have anything in mind when he made his first nominations. So he could honestly say something like, "I didn't mean it." But at this point, sides are pretty clearly drawn. Words are not going to matter to James and Meg. Words aren't going to make the others in the house think it is for anything but the obvious "they are not on our side so it is better for them to be gone." So now it is just so pointless to try to make it about how they're bad people or they disrespected you or whatever. Does Vanessa seriously think that a "reason" is going to make the Austwins think any differently about her noms? Yes, they prefer to see John up there, but so long as it is not THEM up there, how can they hold a grudge against Vanessa? It is like the song - "words are very unnecessary. They can only do harm." 

• Love 4

Yeah, it's a decent enough season. Honestly, for years I hated bringing HGs back, because it was too much of an advantage, but Seasons 13-14 were a lot better than Seasons 15-17 (although yes, Season 17 is better than the last two seasons), so I guess I'm coming around on the idea. I think there's a decent chance we get an All-Stars SOMEwhat soon, no?

By the way, for anyone curious - the ratings are down from last year still, but barely and they're still doing very well (they just dominated Wednesday night's ratings, for instance). They're over 2 in the demo so they're likely set for at least three more seasons (probably many more past that, but three is about as far as I can fairly predict for sure).

It's been an OK season but is kinda fizzling here at the end. Mostly because I've realized I can't stand any of these people.

Things I've disliked:

BOTB

Unanimous votes

Twin twist (what purpose is a twist if there's no downside to it being outed 2 weeks in?)

Returning juror

The episode edits have also been terrible. The likely winner of AFP is almost entirely a product of highly scripted DRs.

• Love 3

Mostly because I've realized I can't stand any of these people.

I think I'm the opposite, because there's no one left that I really hate. I'm mostly just aghast at some of the terrible gameplay.

I have to say, even though it's mind boggling and frustrating that the Austwins are still intact at this point in the game, I've gotta hand it to them, Vanessa, and Steve. Haven't the 6S/F&G won every single HOH since Week 2, other than James and Becky? It's boring to watch, but props to them for somehow forming this comp beast power group so early in the game. Even when production tries to give the other side a shot, Vanessa wins a freakin' endurance comp that James can't stay on for more than 5 minutes.

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 7

Speaking of episode edits, I've been wondering how TPTB are going to "spin" the endurance comp on Sunday night's show.  Usually they really drag it out for about twenty minutes, interspersing it with clips of other stuff, to make it seem really, really intense.   Will they just play clown music and show everyone fall down or get otherwise eliminated in the first 60 seconds? 

• Love 3

Vanessa now has two F2 goats - Julia and JMac. She will just go with whichever side has the power.

Best case for her is JMac wins next week and splits up the Austwins. At that point she's got the game on lock, though there's no accounting for a bitter jury.

Edited by Cutty

How gross is a final 5 of Austwins, Vanessa and Steve going to be? Unwatchable.

I can't. I simply CAN. NOT. handle this. 

I think there's a decent chance we get an All-Stars SOMEwhat soon, no?

Julie has said she doesn't think they'll do another All Stars.

I'm probably tapping out this week. I can't stand listening to Vanessa. To say she's insufferable would be an insult to the word.

+1

The likely winner of AFP is almost entirely a product of highly scripted DRs.

It has been for quite some time. 

Even when production tries to give the other side a shot, Vanessa wins a freakin' endurance comp that James can't stay on for more than 5 minutes.

Maybe if they were trying to give the other side a shot they should have, I don't know, explained the rules properly. I don't for one second believe they did because there is no way in hell Becky wouldn't have the rules on lock before competing or that she would break a rule. That comp was just a mess from start to finish. Very poorly put together. And the poor crew, spending an entire day setting it up for it to end within 15 minutes lol.

I just need James to win veto so Vanessa has to choose between Austwins and John/Steve. But then she'll probably put Austin up as a pawn and then John/Steve will vote out fucking Meg because they are truly stupid.

My ideal scenario for evitctees in the DE would be Austin or Liz/Vanessa. But since I never get what I want it'll be James/Meg.

We'll have a F6 of Austwins/Vanessa/John/Steve. And then I'll have to root for Austwins, which is sickening.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3

I'm gonna need lots and lots of screen caps of Liz's face last night before Van was in HoH, it was amazing how *sick* she was and how much her brain was cranking. Julia OTHO was loving it, because she genuinely likes Vanessa,  and isn't nearly as concerned about potentially losing one of her three person alliance as Liz is, or as she should be, especially since it probably won't be her that is targeted.

John is alone with Vanessa now in HOH, and she's throwing out all her reasons  for James/Meg going up, and he just said a few minutes ago, look we're down to the point where reasons are bullshit, it's a numbers game.

Ha, I'm loving this potential alliance, I think John is the kind of ally that Van has needed from the begging someone with a backbone (sorry Steve-O) to tell her when she's being stupid/crazy, mostly the second. 

It's moments like that when I actively really like Austin.

He actually had a nice moment with Steve as well, when Steve was talking about having taken ballet classes, Austin was like I don't get why they're giving you a nerd edit, you are involved in and do so many awesome things (and I think he was being 100% sincere).

F&G making F5 is actually pretty enjoyable for me, I love Julia/Steve/Van, and respect the game Liz and Austin have played, even though they annoy me in various ways. I just hate the idea that either Steve/Vanessa is dumb enough to let it go that far if they can help it.

• Love 7

Maybe if they were trying to give the other side a shot they should have, I don't know, explained the rules properly. I don't for one second believe they did because there is no way in hell Becky wouldn't have the rules on lock before competing or that she would break a rule. That comp was just a mess from start to finish. Very poorly put together. And the poor crew, spending an entire day setting it up for it to end within 15 minutes lol.

They said Becky slipped and fell because Jackie hit her. Jackie was DQ'd for sitting down. Agree about the comp being a mess though. I always feel bad when something like that happens. Like the BB7 Final 3 comp, that ended before the live show was even over. That was even more bizarre than this one.

• Love 2

I think it makes sense for Vanessa to try and find a reason at this point.  She has made her integrity the focal point of her game.  In concert with arguing how much integrity she has, Vanessa has continually stated she is alone in this game.  If she were to now say I'm on this side and you're not so I'm putting you up then she would be admitting that she was lying this whole time.  While I do not believe that James/Meg have the intelligence identify her lying, I do think it makes logical sense for Vanessa to believe that she must keep up that charade.

Edited by MV007
  • Love 6

If she were to now say I'm on this side and you're not so I'm putting you up then she would be admitting that she was lying this whole time.  While I do not believe that James/Meg have the intelligence to see this, I do think it makes logical sense for Vanessa to believe that she must keep up that charade.

I can see both sides, I don't think it's terrible to have a Reason, and it was useful in moving the needle on Austwins from stomach churningly concerned about her A)not going after Johnny Mac who has stated he's coming after them B)Her targeting their side alliance they protected last week in hopes it would pay off this week, instead their nightmare situation happened the guy they evicted came right back in and C) that she might use this as way to target/BD one of them. They went from concerned about losing Meg/James and keeping Johnny Mac, to on board,  to shit talking Meg/James.

At the same time: eh fuck it, there's no bloodless option which is all she needs to say. We're getting literally down to brass tacks, Hehe.

• Love 2
Unanimous votes

I don't mind the unanimous votes as much this year vs last year, because this year, I feel like at least there's "factions" of the house that genuinely don't like or at least don't trust each other, and they're just grudgingly voting with "the house" to keep their own games safe. None of this ridiculous "We're all an 8 person alliance to get out that 9th person," "We're all a 7 person alliance to get out that 8th person," etc. Last year was a house full of Megs, basically.

(I just need Austin to go home so I can legitimately root for either Liz or Julia. I can't root for them now with him still there, threatening to have credit bestowed on him for everything the alliance has done, which always happens when it's a dude vs. woman final 2)

• Love 2

She doesn't get dizzy because she's grown so accustomed to her head spinning.

Nailed it.

None of this ridiculous "We're all an 8 person alliance to get out that 9th person," "We're all a 7 person alliance to get out that 8th person," etc.

They have totally done that this season though. Remember Shelli's F12 alliance lol?! Just last week 2 separate F5 alliances were made in a house of 8. The reason why this season is more entertaining imo is because everyone has like 12 different alliances. It's been hilarious to watch.

I think I really want James to win veto and then Vanessa puts Austin up but her/Steve/John decide now's the time to get out Meg and they leave Austin in. I would love to see them once again prove how dumb they are. And then I want Austin to win HOH in the DE and take out Vanessa. I would laugh for days.

At least I have something to root for again!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1

I don't mind the unanimous votes as much this year vs last year, because this year, I feel like at least there's "factions" of the house that genuinely don't like or at least don't trust each other, and they're just grudgingly voting with "the house" to keep their own games safe. None of this ridiculous "We're all an 8 person alliance to get out that 9th person," "We're all a 7 person alliance to get out that 8th person," etc. Last year was a house full of Megs, basically.

(I just need Austin to go home so I can legitimately root for either Liz or Julia. I can't root for them now with him still there, threatening to have credit bestowed on him for everything the alliance has done, which always happens when it's a dude vs. woman final 2)

In fairness, I think Austin HAS done a lot of the heavy lifting for that alliance. I hate giving him credit, but there it is.

• Love 5

Vanessa told the Austwins that John will go up if one wins veto, as long as they promise not to vote him out.

But is she telling the truth, or is she just telling them what they want to hear?

But is she telling the truth, or is she just telling them what they want to hear?

I'm pretty sure she was legit. The Austwins together are a 3-vote block, which is majority.

I think what I love about this year, after living through last year, is we pretty much don't know what is going to happen week to week, even after noms are set.  It is all kinds of bazoo, and I love that even more than I like rooting for a particular person.  For instance, I'll cackle if John somehow goes home this next week even if I want him to stay.  I keep waiting for the week when it's not crazy, and I know it is coming soon, but I'm on the ride until then.

Edited by pennben
  • Love 11

Meg and James couldn't be anymore dumb. Did they really offer themselves up as pawns and Meg said she fine being up there come next Thursday... jeez.

I do understand why Vanessa is gunning for Meg/James because they are linked to the Austwins. Anything remotely linked to them has to destroyed. Get rid of your allies allies. I think James should go, if he doesn't win veto. Because James is a big comp threat. Taking him to F3 with endurance on the line would be the 500K gamble and not a smart gamble.

As for the F2 with Julia, I think it's genuine. Vanessa and Julia has always had a close bond. Once Liz and Austin are out Julia will be alone and Vanessa being Vanessa knows that. She knows it game suicide to keep Johnny and Steve past F5 because: They are both mental and physical threats to her. Plus one would be incredibly stupid to take either of them F2. Vanessa even said Steve is Ian 2.0. John is a wild card. I think Liz or Austin will be gone double eviction night and it will be by the hands of John. Once John breaks them up, Vanessa will have no more use for him. She wants to make sure she wins the last hoh and part 1 and 3 to make sure Steve and Austin are gone so she can take Julia. She owes these remaining hgs nothing after how they all tried to get her out the house the last two weeks.

Either way the F6 will be good this year. Better than the last two years.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 4

Meg and James couldn't be anymore dumb. Did they really offer themselves up as pawns and Meg said she fine being up there come next Thursday... jeez.

Oh good god.  

They did not offer themselves up as pawns.  Vanessa asked them how they would feel about being pawns if it came to that (against John, the returning juror who is obviously her target).  They both responded that they wouldn't like being pawns.  Then James said if someone has to be a pawn on the block, he'd prefer it to be him.  I think James was thinking he could take himself off the block so that's why he'd rather be there than Meg.  Meg then got weepy and said no, it should be her, if either would be on the block as a pawn.  So, now Vanessa has another reason to say "they are both willing to be on the block"...hee. As of now, they are both going to be on the block, neither a pawn until veto at least.

Edited by pennben
  • Love 5

I think what's really killing the show, both game and entertainment wise, is everyone plays so scared nowadays. Vanessa would rather go to F5 with a 3 person unbreakable alliance than make a big move. Austin was too afraid to go at Vanessa. James/Meg/Steve are all playing scared. All this "It's too soon!" and fear of people coming after them. I don't remember this from the early seasons. 

• Love 7

Honestly, Meg is what will get James evicted. He can't make any moves because she's useless as an alliance member. If James makes it to F2 by some miracle he'll deserve to win just based on the fact he's been playing handicapped.

I get Vanessa taking out Meg/James this week. If she struck at the Austwins, the 2 left plus Meg/James would be after her next week making it 4 x 2 since she can't play HOH. If they take out James, that makes the odds more in her favor and if an Austwin wins HOH she's likely not the target since they have taken out Austin's BFF James. I think once they realize it's a DE next week an Austwin will leave.

Edited by kellog010

In general, I agree that there has been far too much "it's too soon to make a big move!" talk from the group, but in the case of Vanessa this week, this week it honestly does not make sense to break up her own alliance. Especially not with DE this week. 

• Love 4

It's ridiculous. I think, once the first DE happens, all bets are off. You're going to piss off people no matter what, so why not do what's best for your game and make those big moves? Imagine if Vanessa does backdoor Austin. Liz might be the only one to vote to keep Austin. Julia might as well, but it depends on if Vanessa can convince her that Austin's in the way. Then, James or Meg, John and Steve vote to evict Austin because they know he's a dangerous threat to keep around. Sure, you'll have a pissed off Liz who might win HOH, but Julia wouldn't end up being that upset, and Vanessa has made a big move in breaking up a power couple. Even if Liz did win HOH for DE, nobody knows if that'll happen and this game is always going to be a gamble (pun absolutely intended). The fact of the matter is, that might happen, but it's not guaranteed. It's better for Vanessa's game to do this, because she knows she won't be chosen in the Austwins alliance, unless it's Julia picking between Austin and Vanessa. She can't be so scared to make a big move, because it's possible that it'll never come. Meg can't win, James might win, but Austin and Liz have won multiple times.

Vanessa just needs to keep going with her secret alliance, pull in Meg/James for this week and DE and work together to get out Austin and Liz. That way, she'll have Julia come to her, she has Steve and John and they can get out Meg and James and get to final 4. At least, in theory that could work.

• Love 8

In general, I agree that there has been far too much "it's too soon to make a big move!" talk from the group, but in the case of Vanessa this week, this week it honestly does not make sense to break up her own alliance. Especially not with DE this week. 

I do think you're right. Vanessa's more in with the Austwins than anyone, but she's also not stupid. She has to know they would evict her in a heartbeat if it came down to her and one of them. And with numbers dwindling, now's the time to start turning. Either way, jurors are going to be pissed. None of them know what could happen in upcoming weeks. If Austin/Liz/Julia start winning every HOH, Vanessa's screwed. She knows she will be a backdoor target if the other side starts winning veto. She knows she has no chance with them. It's not too early to do this. In fact, it may be a gamble, but it might be better for her game, seeing as the Austwins are shown to have turned on her several times and willing to evict her more than once. The DE is something they don't know about yet anyway. I'm sure they know it's coming up, but they don't know yet. 

I just think if this was two weeks ago, yes it would be a bit too early. But they're coming down on final 7. The percentage of the Austwins getting to final 3 is climbing. Vanessa knows Meg/James/John/Steve are bigger targets, but for how long? If Austin wasn't willing to put up Meg/James and he gladly put up an alliance member (Steve), when's the next time it'll be Vanessa up there? Honestly, I do agree that for Vanessa's game, it's better to get out either Meg or James. But in the sense that I hate the Austwins (minus Julia...I still have hope), I want her to turn so badly and get Austin out. Just say "I need you as a pawn to get out Meg, you've never been nominated, now it's your turn to take one for the team. We got the votes" and then BAM. Austin's gone. Vanessa can put the blame on Steve if she so chooses, but Austin's gone, she brings in Julia and Liz is now the one pretty much alone, besides having her sister around.

• Love 7

Then James said if someone has to be a pawn on the block, he'd prefer it to be him.  I think James was thinking he could take himself off the block so that's why he'd rather be there than Meg.  Meg then got weepy and said no, it should be her, if either would be on the block as a pawn.  So, now Vanessa has another reason to say "they are both willing to be on the block"...hee. As of now, they are both going to be on the block, neither a pawn until veto at least.

And later there was this moment that made me laugh:

Fri 12:43 AM BBT Vanessa explains that Meg&James fought over who should be the pawn. Steve says "they are better people than we are." They laugh

If by "better people" Steve means "worse players" then yes, I agree.

• Love 4