Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17 Live Feed Discussion: Watch People Sleep All Day!

• Start Topic

I'm doing this season what we did last season, which was to keep the thread open until the Live Feed officially ceased working. I think it was possible to access the recorded feed up until October 8th last year, which is when I locked the thread. 

Well, no matter...  just wanted to say I've had another fun season with my fun people!

Heck, in truth I rarely care who wins OR loses - I just like dissecting them all.  With yall.  :)

And once again - thanks, mods, for making and keeping this such a fun forum. 

STILL so much better than TWoP!  ;>

• Love 13

And once again - thanks, mods, for making and keeping this such a fun forum. 

STILL so much better than TWoP!  ;>

Yes times a thousand!  What I love about this site is the mods are very hands off unless you do something really bad.  Some of the mods on TWOP were power mad psychos.

I just wanted to say thank you to all of the live feed watchers who provided us with the information.  I have never watched the feeds but After Dark is boring as all hell, so thank you.  Also, I want to say thank you to all of the other posters who have made this thread a very interesting read.   

Tomorrow is going to stink because I do not have a DVR and Survivor/Big Brother is on against Law & Order SVU.  I guess that is what OnDemand was made for.

• Love 10

You could probably tell after R3 of the HOH, though. Whoever wins that will most likely be the winner. Liz has a slight chance against Steve, but I think either Steve or Vanessa will be the BB17 winner.

Thanks Pennben.  I've watched for years, but still thought they had a discussion afterwards, but maybe that's Survivor.

Good point, Ceeg.

I liked it better when they didn't have so much squeezed into the finale. 

Thanks Pennben.  I've watched for years, but still thought they had a discussion afterwards, but maybe that's Survivor.

Good point, Ceeg.

I liked it better when they didn't have so much squeezed into the finale. 

Yeah, the BB finales are crazy.  The entire editing of this show is weird to me.  And the credits list like 15-20 editors.  I picture them as college interns or something.  "Hey film majors!  Get paid to watch BB live feeds and pick out the parts that might equal a story!"

The Survivor finale starts with revealing the winner then they gab for the other 40 minutes and introduce the next season in the last few. 

Adding my heartfelt thanks to the chorus of gratitude to those who donate their hard-earned time and talents to recapping the live feeds for those of us who don't have them. It is truly a public service for those of us who love reality TV. Thank you.

This has been a great season, but I'd forgotten how stressful it is to have a rooting interest. Looking forward to Survivor, where I can hate them all again.

As for tonight...may the best (wo)man win.

• Love 6

This has been a great season, but I'd forgotten how stressful it is to have a rooting interest

Haha, yes, I have hard enough time managing my over-invested anxiety during college football every week, so I'm really glad I'm going out to dinner, and will not be home in time to see the resolution of R3. At least I HOPE, if it's not first off the top, I'm probably going to get home in time to see it. UGH. 

But it's been a fun summer on the feeds, and Van has my vote for one of greatest of all time regardless of the outcome tonight, it's certainly the first season to hold my attention since S10, much less have me feed recapping! GO VAN! Win this bitch!

Edited by blixie
  • Love 4

Haha I love Will's assessment of James, Kubler-Rossing his death in the game. Heee. Also spot on assessment of that group being "unable to make decisions on their own" biggest problem with this group and what I think Les Moonves was really disappointed in vis a vis the cast.

Another great bit from Will:

I stand by the casting decisions. It’s a very difficult job to find 16 different people who are available, who are interesting, who are STD-free....

Hahaha, goddamn it I still hate to love him as much as  I do, but he slays almost every time.

Edited by blixie
  • Love 6
Dr. Will did do the Jury Roundtable. My favorite part is where he says the Jury rolled their eyes at Austin. Haha.

It sounds like things don't bode well for Vanessa, especially since Will is apparently pulling for Steve. I remember last year he subtly swayed the jurors to get over it and vote for Derrick so I wonder if he'll do the same this year.

Thank you feed watchers for being on the front lines. I probably would have given up on this season early on if it weren't for this thread. Y'all are the best! (But FTLOATH, please stop mentioning that other site most of were on before it sunk like the Titanic. Good riddance.)

• Love 1

“Hey, I’m super bitter, and I’m not casting my vote so much for one person, as I am against someone else,” then America will respect that. That can be your legacy. But if you just kind of make up false reasons why you’re going to vote for someone, the public sees that, and then you’re just kind of a joke in the annals of Big Brother history.

I bet we hear Will's exact words come out of Austin's mouth.  

• Love 6

It sounds like things don't bode well for Vanessa, especially since Will is apparently pulling for Steve.

Eh, it sounds like no one has really made up their mind even after talking to him, only that they are ticked off generally, and hate Austin, so anyone he's stumping for or against will benefit in adverse proportions to his stumping, that bodes well for VAN and horrible for Liz (and thus good for Steve if he wins R3). 

• Love 2

It sounds like things don't bode well for Vanessa, especially since Will is apparently pulling for Steve. I remember last year he subtly swayed the jurors to get over it and vote for Derrick so I wonder if he'll do the same this year.

It won't matter if Steve isn't in the F2. Vanessa isn't taking him, so he's still gotta win the last HOH. No matter what, the F2 isn't going to be Steve and Vanessa, so it's sort of moot. I think the only thing that article made clear is that Liz isn't going to win.

• Love 3

Will has been pretty good at being netural. The Past 2 times he's done the Roundtable he was great at that, and he was even sort of pleasant about Victoria's game when It was basically non-existent. I'm sure he was told to tell them all to vote on game and don't let the other crap get in the way to much.

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 2

Thank you feed watchers for being on the front lines. I probably would have given up on this season early on if it weren't for this thread. Y'all are the best! (But FTLOATH, please stop mentioning that other site most of were on before it sunk like the Titanic. Good riddance.)

I think Will is very careful not to exert his choice.  His role is to mediate and offer them some perspective.  It seems he tried to get them to make a decision from an observer position rather than emotional one. 

Considering Liz is all but guaranteed to be in final two, I don't think Austin needs to say much about his vote.

Good point! 

Edited by wings707

Interesting Will read. Now that I think of it, the jury could vote for Steve because he totally got away with the DE without a scratch. I mean, the Goblins really just fooled themselves, but they don't want to admit that. They definitely think of him as a mastermind that pulled the wool over their eyes - although IMO it had less to do with Steve and more to do with the clueless HGs who ignored alliances left and right.

The interesting about Austin's attempts to trash Vanessa (which started when he assumed Liz would be in jury next), is that if it ends up being Vanessa/Liz, in addition to folks not respecting what Austin has to say, it's going to seem that he was selfishly trying to make sure that Liz would win, which will I think cause further backlash to other jurors taking his opinion into account when they vote.

• Love 4

I'm watching the RHAP from last night with Dan Gheesling, and I'm happy to see it seems he really IS rooting for Vanessa, and is simply annoyed with her not owning her game (importantly he doesn't say that's about RESPECTING her game, just about ENJOYING watching her.)  A+ for Dan for clarifying that because it's about 100% less gross IMO. And it seems like he's been fairly casually following it almost no feeds and mostly keeping up on Twitter, and thus the biases of whoever is talking on Twitter.I like Dan so it was good to hear why he's been mildly down on her, and that he still think's she'd great regardless.

• Love 2

I love how DR Will described JMac. Among the people I know on the internet, Im the only one that sees the JMac/Bobcat Goldthwait similarities. Im sure there are many people out there that see it that Im unaware of ... but it is cool to now know of at least one, especially since its DR Fucking Will.

• Love 3

"I’m a board-certified dermatologist. I am not a psychologist. I think there’s something wrong with every single person who plays on Big Brother, including myself. But there is definitely something wrong with all the jury members." I love this quote. It is about JMac but there is so much truth in it.

• Love 2

Oh no!!!  I just pulled up the live feeds to watch our little HGs say goodbye, and they are already gone, live feeds are over (you can still use it to flashback).  

Til next year everyone!  The feeds and conversation here were so much fun this year!

Edited by pennben
  • Love 7

Thank you to everyone here - the feed-watchers and non-feed-watchers alike - who made watching this season so enjoyable. Y'all kept me laughing and thinking and laughing some more. I can't imagine watching the show without you. :-)

• Love 1

This was my favorite part of the Will interview.  

-------------------------------

Who deserves a chance to come back and play again?
What’s fascinating to me [is] you can see they’re all kind of digesting what happened, and they’re all finagling this mythical all-stars spot that may or may not exist. I’ve seen that the last three years in a row. The jury members literally pull me aside at the end and are like, “Hey, could you put in a good word for me with all-stars?” It’s like, one, I know this is going to come as a shock, but my power at CBS is slightly lower than the janitor who just got fired for meth addiction. No one gives a s—t what I think. And two, you were on the show five minutes ago! Why didn’t you play then?

A HUGE thank you to all the feed watchers who have, once again, made Big Brother fun all summer long. This is the only show where I like to be spoiled. It just wouldn't be the same without you.

I bet we hear Will's exact words come out of Austin's mouth.

And if they do, Austin will still be a joke in the annals of Big Brother history.

I can barely contain my excitement, but I'll be working till 10pm. However, by ff through the commercials, I should get to the end not long after you all.

• Love 2

I'm right there with you.  :)

The only show with Austin worth watching would be one where the cameras followed him around as he became aware of the public's perception of him and the total fail at either a wrestling or show biz career. (Not that they are essentially different.)

• Love 6

* How often do you actually get the chance to use 'recalcitrance' in a sentence? Thank you BB! :)

I managed to write this sentence in my Survivor pre-game rankings: 

First, as an “all returnee,” season, there ought to be less emphasis on the execrable myopia of voting women off early for “challenge strength.”

So I'd expand that to say, thank you CBS Reality Shows!

• Love 2

Austin may believe he will be America's favorite.  Frankie thought so, you could tell how he positioned himself right next to Julie with a big excited grin on his face.  We may see something similar.  Since I don't really care who wins, at this point, I am hoping for a Van/Liz F2 so we can hear Austins voting comment.  

I am a sane, highly functioning woman with children and grandchildren and I am very kind.  This show does something to me.  I get horrible thoughts, even without the feeds.   Granted they are worse when I have them.  June leaps to mind; she drove me nuts. 

This year it is Austin.  I want to see him humiliated.  This is just terrible!  I am a good person with strong spiritual underpinnings that tell me to allow others to be as they are.  Well, not Austin. ** harmuph**

Edited by wings707
  • Love 10

The only show with Austin worth watching would be one where the cameras followed him around as he became aware of the public's perception of him and the total fail at either a wrestling or show biz career. (Not that they are essentially different.)

They should have the camera focused on him if John wins AFP just to see his creastfallen face that it isn't him or one of the Twins and its JOHN of all people. That alone makes me hope John wins it. James winning it won't get the same reaction lol

I've wanted Vanessa to win this whole season. But with him vowing to make sure she doesn't win and stating he would hate it if John won AFP just makes me want both to happen even more.

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 10

I hope they do a Top 3 again, just so Austin can see he was nowhere near being a favorite.

Honestly, I never really hated Austin in the house, but his post-eviction bitterness makes me want him to get a giant wakeup call.

• Love 4

Julie did an interview with Dalton Ross. I didn't listen to it yet, but saw a couple things on Joker's. Apparently the jury doesn't like Vanessa, and Julie doesn't get the John love. Someone said she mentioned him calling her "Lady" and being disrespectful, but I'm not sure if that's true

Although I could totally understand her being annoyed by that. I read an interview once where she talked about how hard it was to not mind people her calling her Chenbot and everything - and with John, everyone basically thinks it's hilarious for him to be kinda a jerk to her.

Edited by mooses

I'll reiterate everyone else's thanks to the amazing recappers. You were often-times more entertaining than the actual show.

My thoughts on the show tonight are that the one thing I'm looking forward to is Austin seeing Liz sitting in the chairs with Steve/Vanessa, and his eyes turning to dollar-signs, only to have her lose because she hid behind him the entire time he was in the house. That, and seeing his face when he's not even in the top 3 for America's Favorite.

My prediction for America's Favorite Player: 3rd, Steve, 2nd, James, Winner, Johnny Mac.

Thanks again to all of my fellow posters for a great summer!

• Love 4

Julie did an interview with Dalton Ross. I didn't listen to it yet, but saw a couple things on Joker's. Apparently the jury doesn't like Vanessa, and Julie doesn't get the John love. Someone said she mentioned him calling her "Lady" and being disrespectful, but I'm not sure if that's true

Although I could totally understand her being annoyed by that. I read an interview once where she talked about how hard it was to not mind people her calling her Chenbot and everything - and with John, everyone basically thinks it's hilarious for him to be kinda a jerk to her.

I didn't see the Dalton Ross interview, but she said that with the Jeff one. She said she didn't personally feel disrespected in the moment, but later a family member told her she thought it was disrespectful, and Julie said she sees how it could be seen that way. But she didn't think John was purposely disrespecting her, basically he was just being an idiot.

But, in that same interview she also referred to herself as the Chenbot as a joke, so idk.

• Love 1

Although I could totally understand her being annoyed by that.

If that's true then Julie needs to look at the shitshow circus she's leading and get over herself.  What does she want-- them to bow?  Does she think we want to hear "Hi Jooleeee!!!" 4-17 times a week, year after year?  (Ok, I just looked for that comment in 6-7 of her EW interviews and didn't find it.  Good.)

So Austin said he would hate JMac getting AFP?  Oh this is getting more delicious.  

Oh FOR SURE. He was completely flabergasted at the amount of applause JMac got the first time he was evicted, and made some sarcastic remark about John maybe winning America's fave. This dude also wondered how many video tributes are on youtube about Liztin, soooo.

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 6

In the Jeff interview, Julie mentioned that her friends told her than when John called her "girl" (not lady), that it seemed disrespectful to them (to which I say, amen).  Julie said she thought about it and understood what they were thinking and it gave her pause, but ultimately she decided that he didn't mean to be disrespectful.

Edited by pennben
  • Love 2

In the Jeff interview, Julie mentioned that her friends told her than when John called her "girl" (not lady), that it seemed disrespectful to them (to which I say, amen).  Julie said she thought about it and understood what they were thinking and it gave her pause, but ultimately she decided that he didn't mean to be disrespectful.

Do you have a link for this.  Googling is only bringing up old interviews with Jeff.  

I'll reiterate everyone else's thanks to the amazing recappers. You were often-times more entertaining than the actual show.

Ain't that the truth!!

Thanks again everybody.

Onward to Survivor Cambodia.

Edited by PaperTree
  • Love 4

I didn't see the Dalton Ross interview, but she said that with the Jeff one. She said she didn't personally feel disrespected in the moment, but later a family member told her she thought it was disrespectful, and Julie said she sees how it could be seen that way. But she didn't think John was purposely disrespecting her, basically he was just being an idiot.

But, in that same interview she also referred to herself as the Chenbot as a joke, so idk.

Yeah, she refers to herself as Chenbot and has embraced it now. She had been talking about earlier in her career when she gave up being an anchor and started Big Brother in a profile I saw a while ago.

It was an audio interview, so I'll probably listen to it soon. It was posted on Dalton Ross' Twitter.

I agree with the Steve/James/John AFP prediction.

Edited by mooses