Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17 Live Feed Discussion: Watch People Sleep All Day!

• Start Topic

Listening to Vanessa talk to Liz/Julia right now I am once again reminded that I truly can not stand her. I would be like James with Shelli if I was in this game with her. I wouldn't give one shit about an unbreakable threesome, I would just get Vanessa out so I would never have to listen to her spew bullshit while laying on the thickest guilt trip ever. With the same hat/clothes on that she has worn for 2 months and has surely never washed. I just have such a visceral hatred for her and her gameplay.

• Love 13

Vanessa "deserves" to win on gameplay but she does need to crack through Austwins. I'm not sure how she does this. And, if two are on the jury she might not get their votes.

If only two of austwins are on the jury then that means she's final 2 with the other one. In which case she's definitely not getting the votes of the other two.

Vanessa (hell, EVERYONE who aren't austwins) need to make sure none of those three make it to final two. Otherwise, they're conceding TWO jury votes. They should have gotten some of them out when you have a chance.

• Love 2

Is it really failing though? It did 2 weeks ago, but as of today, she has solid deals with Austin, the Twins, and has been working Steve and John all day, trying to set herself up for a 3-person alliance with them. And right now, Vanessa is currently trying to plant seeds for Austin to put up James or Meg tomorrow, and she's planting the seeds with John/Steve about the Austwins sticking together until the end.

It's kind of at the point of the game where I could see anyone making it to the end, depending on who wins the next HOHs and vetoes. 

Vanessa is in surprisingly good shape right now, but I wouldn't say it's because her "Let's Make a Deal" strategy is working. Her plan is/was to convince everyone that she's a "straight shooter" and a "woman of her word" and use that credibility to make Deals (with a capital D) in which she would cleverly leave herself semantic loopholes that would enable her to violate the spirit of the agreements without being exposed for technically breaking the Deals. She hoped/s for scenarios where people want to nominate/vote for her, but they're like, "Damn! I can't nominate Vanessa for an even numbered eviction or if Austin hasn't shaved his beard! I guess I have to put my ally up instead..." That's not working. People know that her Deals are bullshit (though they sometimes buy into them anyway). She wanted to be like Derrick last year- someone no one is targeting because they all believe that they're with her and/or there's no way to get the votes to get her out- but instead she's a huge target who could easily go at any time. I don't think she was in any real danger this week, but if she hadn't won Veto she wouldn't have had so much opportunity to mend bridges with the Austwins, who are easily swayed and change their minds every 5 minutes. Once they knew that they couldn't get her out and that she even had some power this week, they were much more open to listening to her (for now). If "the other side" wins HOH next week and wants to boot her, the Austwins will be totally fine with it despite the fact that she actually has kept her Deals with them. No one cares about that shit the way Vanessa wants/expects them to. Also, people aren't averse to her Deals because they're stupid or don't know how to play the game. They're averse because they see through her. Steve's game isn't tanking because everyone else is such a moron; it's because his gameplay sucks.

Listening to Vanessa talk to Liz/Julia right now I am once again reminded that I truly can not stand her. I would be like James with Shelli if I was in this game with her. I wouldn't give one shit about an unbreakable threesome, I would just get Vanessa out so I would never have to listen to her spew bullshit while laying on the thickest guilt trip ever. With the same hat/clothes on that she has worn for 2 months and has surely never washed. I just have such a visceral hatred for her and her gameplay.

Ditto. If I were in the house with her, I'd have to get her out, self-evict, or smother her with a pillow.

• Love 5

She wanted to be like Derrick last year ...

It's so laughable to me how much Vanessa is trying to be Derrick.

If I were in the house with her, I'd have to get her out, self-evict, or smother her with a pillow.

LOL. But exactly. Like when she started interrogating me and trying to make me apologize to her for one of her completely-not-real theories I would just DOR tbh.

• Love 4

"I hate hypocrites." Oh, Vanessa. I'm reminded of her amazing thread title here. My Vanessa hate it so strong right now. Why am I listening to this? Why am I torturing myself?!

ETA: "Meg is a master manipulator." LOL. Literally. Vanessa has no idea about anything it is amazing.

Does anyone know why Vanessa has decided she wants Meg out? Is it because she cried after veto?

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

"I hate hypocrites." Oh, Vanessa. I'm reminded of her amazing thread title here. My Vanessa hate it so strong right now. Why am I listening to this? Why am I torturing myself?!

ETA: "Meg is a master manipulator." LOL. Literally. Vanessa has no idea about anything it is amazing.

Does anyone know why Vanessa has decided she wants Meg out? Is it because she cried after veto?

Yeah. Then Steve told her Meg was mad that Vanessa tried to make a deal with her during the DE when everyone knew Jackie was going home. Vanessa has been on the Meg warpath ever since. She likely thinks she could manipulate James to go after Austwins if he stayed and won HOH.

• Love 3

I so wish that there were someone in the house who would take advantage of how easy it is to wind Vanessa up and be like, "I was in the shower and I heard 2 people talking about how you have to be the next one out. I couldn't hear clearly enough to know who they were, but I'm sure at least one was a woman..." Or even, "I heard someone talking about you and broccoli. I'm not sure what they were saying, but I definitely heard 'Vanessa... broccoli... alliance... monster (or it could have been "masturbate")... broccoli... Vanessa.' That's all I could make out." She would go absolutely nuts and it would be hilarious.

• Love 19

Vanessa is annoying, but I still think she's the gift that keeps on giving.

YES YES YES. When Vanessa leaves, the remaining entertainment value of the season leaves with her. Sorry but James' pranks do nothing for me. Nor does John pretending to be flippant in the DR. Snore.

Edited by delicatecutter
  • Love 3

I would much rather see John leave than James, but targeting James this week is actually a good move for Vanessa/Austwins. James is far more dangerous as a game player (because he is actually playing the game), and this ensures that James has no chance of teaming back up with Jackie as only one can return (and there's a 50/50 chance neither do, leaving Meg alone and able to be used by anyone). 

Because John has absolutely no idea how to play Big Brother. 

Amen to that!!  John is book smart, not BB smart at all!!  I don't understand why he is such a favorite.  Or maybe I do.

Amen to that!!  John is book smart, not BB smart at all!!  I don't understand why he is such a favorite.

He's my favorite because he's so quirky and fun to watch. He appears intelligent and successful.  He brings the oxygen that Vanessa takes out of the room...the building.

• Love 8

oh my Goduhhh you guysss! Liz was talking about what a bad kisser Austin is and how it's so bad that he wants to make out all the time. And there's talk about tongue! Ugh yuck. And I thought it would be good if the twins could talk together.

But the hilarious part is that Liz begins the conversation saying , "Just between you and me". Yeah! The two of you and all of US!

• Love 11

Except the Austwins have deals with everyone too, but no one cares or demonizes them for it in the way they do Vanessa.

There is so much more to demonize them for! Ugh.

And Liz and Julia are just tag alongs on Austins forays into game play. Vanessa's deals actually get her farther along. Hence, more annoying.

• Love 1

I have whiplash from the amount of times the target has changed in the past 10 hours. As of now, the Austwins want the nominations to stay the same.

I think Austin figured it out when he says getting James out is better for Vanessa. I don't see how he will be able tango against what Vanessa wants when she comes to him with all guns blazing though.

Anyway, if James goes out, I want him to wear the kitty cap. He's so darn cute in that hat.

Oh, I see. Vanessa is really wanting Meg out so that she can team with John, Steve, and James, She wants to keep James because he might win an HOH that she can control to get to the Austwins. She doesn't want to keep Meg and James both because they will always be more loyal to each other than to her. So this is the reason for Meg suddenly becoming the master manipulator.

Or maybe not. Who knows? Vanessa just throws so much crap out there to get everyone confused and thinking about anything other than targeting her.

Edited by Stinamaia
  • Love 4

The whole "Meg the Manipulator" came about because John told Vanessa that when Liz was HOH, Meg told John that if he had any bad feelings or bad info about Vanessa, he should go tell Liz now because everyone else is too. So basically, Vanessa thinks Meg is two-faced and has been plotting Vanessa's eviction ever since last week. She doesn't care about James because neither Steve nor John said James ever said anything bad about her.

• Love 5

Little does Vanessa know literally the entire house has been plotting her eviction. I feel bad for Meg because she was just giving JMac advice when he was holed up in the Have Not room acting depressed.

• Love 2

Little does Vanessa know literally the entire house has been plotting her eviction.

Oh I'm pretty sure she knows. Steve basically spilled everything, including how everyone in the house views Vanessa and her gameplay.

I really don't think Vanessa is the kind of player to hold grudges for very long, so as long as she can survive week by week, I don't think she cares too much that she was a probable BD target. See: her willingness to try to work with Steve and John, even after the Austwins told her about them trashing her.

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 3

Vanessa is interrogating James, likely trying to get info to use against him and he's giving her nothing. Vanessa: "Stop saying the right thing all the time, mothefucker."

• Love 3
I think (Austin) a fun distraction for (Liz) - I mean, she's stuck in a house with nothing else to do and no one else to tempt her.

James is a fun distraction for Meg in a house with nothing else to do.  I'm not buying that as an explanation for Liztin.

But, also, she's a recruit. I don't think she's ever seen the live feeds or the hoopla that goes on with it. It's one thing to tell someone the 24/7 situation, and another to actually see it. She'd probably be far more careful if she knew the reality of what goes on with the BB viewers. I mean, screenshots, discussions, videos...it'll probably be a nightmare when she gets put.

That you are probably right about, Mooses.

• Love 1

How do these HGs not snap and throw a bucket of water in Vanessa's face while she's ranting about her integrity? 

Vanessa currently throwing everyone UTB to Meg now. This chick is such a goddamn trainwreck.

Also, why do these people let Vanessa interrogate them like this? She's not HOH for fucks sake. 

• Love 7

In some respects, I understand them talking to Vanessa right now:  she has the veto, two of them want her to use the veto on one of them and two of them don't for fear that one of them would go up and out.

• Love 2

And this is why I will always have a soft spot for Becky and Jackie, even if it was poor gameplay at the time. They are the only two to just shut Vanessa down, say they weren't interested in deals at that moment, and basically "yeah, thanks, no, later". Because I could not sit there for more than five minutes and listen to her spiel, or deal with her interrogations. That time where she literally told Johnny Mac that she was going to explain to him how he should be playing the game, as well as the mistakes he had made? Oh yeah, it would have been ON.

I would never last past week 2 in this house.

• Love 16

I'm glad I don't have the feeds.  Just reading the updates here and on Jokers makes me want to give Vanessa a sedative and duct tape her mouth.  The girl is relentless and exhausting, going from one person to another, making demands, accusations and repeating herself over and over again.  While everyone else takes time to have a little fun in the house, she never stops the gameplay.  Why no one has gone off on her for her annoying behavior by now is beyond me!

I'm sure Austin thinks his bizarre, stupid speech will be one of the highlights of the season.  Loved James' reaction to it!

• Love 4

If noms stay the same I won't be surprised if Vanessa tries to get Steve out over Johnny.

Austin just told Liz if Steve freaks out about being on the block they'll send him home.

Meg is actually handling her conversation with Vanessa pretty well. Didn't incriminate herself at all. I know she gets a lot of flack but she does have an pretty good ability to talk to people and seem genuine.

Pretty sure James and Meg would rather Steve go. He's in real danger if the veto isn't used.

Edited by Cutty

I can't wait to hear her and Julia talk about it in private. It was...awkward.

Ok, so I can't really judge this because I didn't actually see the scene. Did Liz seem excited about saying yes, or did it look like she felt like she had to say yes? I know there are a bazillion other things she could have said, but....does it seem like she wants to be his girlfriend? I feel like Liz won't say no out of fear that he'll find a way to get her evicted, especially with him being HOH and him being possibly angry enough to get Vanessa to use the veto (not that it makes MUCH sense) but again, I don't know. It's just that, even with Liz's encouragement of Austin's behaviour, she doesn't seem THAT into him.

So, John is talking to Austin alone and his pitch is that he or whoever comes back will have to go after the Austwins, but John will do it "on his [Austin's] terms."

Weirdest campaign strategy.

Ok, so I can't really judge this because I didn't actually see the scene. Did Liz seem excited about saying yes, or did it look like she felt like she had to say yes?

That's why I want to hear her talk to Julia! She mentioned him having a girlfriend, and they mentioned what "happened yesterday" (Zingbot).

But it took her a while to say yes, so I don't think she was jumping at the chance.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 1

I enjoyed how Austin was basically spelling out to John that he didn't really blow up his game with his outburst at the Clay/Shelli going out decision fight with Vanessa, only Vanessa was upset, basically everyone just thinks of him as a pawn happy to go up on the block when needed (meaning, dude, you had no game to blow up), nothing changed.  Hee!

• Love 2

I continue to be confused whether Liz really likes Austin. She's giving THs about liking him, but she told Julia today that he's not a good kisser because he doesn't know what to do with his tongue. She also complained that he wants to make out all the time. I've seen one of their HOH make out sessions, and she goes through the motions, but doesn't seem to be enjoying herself. And for all the talk of what Austin is doing underneath the covers, Liz seems to be unmoved. How he doesn't pick up on these cues is beyond me.

• Love 1

I continue to be confused whether Liz really likes Austin. She's giving THs about liking him, but she told Julia today that he's not a good kisser because he doesn't know what to do with his tongue. She also complained that he wants to make out all the time. I've seen one of their HOH make out sessions, and she goes through the motions, but doesn't seem to be enjoying herself. And for all the talk of what Austin is doing underneath the covers, Liz seems to be unmoved. How he doesn't pick up on these cues is beyond me.

With everything that I've seen and heard, I can only guess and I may be off. But from what I see, Liz likes him as a friend and thinks he's fun to hang out with, but that's it. The house is making her crazy and she probably misses the intimacy that it sounds like she gets outside of the house. Julia, I think, said in her bio that Liz is the type to look for love in guys, while Julia's the flirty one, so maybe Liz has temporarily adopted Julia's method to get some sort of intimacy that she's been lacking, and since Austin's the only one giving it to her and she genuinely likes his company, why not? Again, being in the house is a lot different than watching people in the house. It makes people do the strangest of things and although Liz likes Austin as a friend, it's kind of hard saying no and being assertive because it could very well mean the end of her game. She knows this is a game and she can only do so much to stay in. Austin's her meat shield, the guy that would dive on the figurative sword for her. So, I think part of her is playing along so Austin doesn't pull a Vanessa and try to get her evicted all because she says no. And because she's been 'ok' with him flirting and now being intimate with her for so long, it would be suspicious if she outright said no now, especially with him in power. 

It could be more out of fear of what would happen that she can't say no. If she had said no from the beginning, I don't think things would have escalated to this point. But now she kind of dug herself a grave until finale night, where she could dump him. Liz isn't the greatest person in the world, but I can see where her head might possibly be at with Austin. I honestly doubt she has any romantic interest, and even if she does stick by with him to see where their relationship might go after Big Brother, it won't last long at all. I think she's going to dump him and he's going to be crushed because, as far as he knows, Liz is into him hardcore. He doesn't see the signs, which actually sucks because even before she started showing interest, her body language always screamed 'hell no' and unfortunately, this is how some guys see things. They don't see the subtle body language so it becomes a tricky situation of 'is the girl in the wrong for not being obvious, or the guy for not seeing the signs and seeing that said girl is trying to put you down nicely'? But Austin...dude....you're so in the wrong because you're a cheating asshole. I just wish Liz would actually say no, even if she has to use the 'my family is watching and I feel embarrassed' excuse. 

• Love 4

Okay, so this has taken awhile for the story to develop on the feeds, and it is truly stupid, but I'm throwing it out here because we all know that with these folks stupid rules the day.

When John was "campaigning" to Austin today (and I put that in quotes, because, holy hell, it was awful), he said the only thing he really had in the way of information on James is that James told him he was willing to throw this past HOH to John.  That is really nothing.

James is later up talking to Austin/Liz/Meg and Austin relates this to James, James blows up and says that it is a flat out lie and is ready to go confront John.  They all calm down and decide to wait on confrontation until after noms stay the same.  It's very clear that James/Meg are in the clear here, Austin wants to keep them.  Then James decides to hire the Vanessa Rousso Detective Agency to catch John in a lie.  Everyone in HOH thinks this is a great idea.

Vanessa takes the case, and John is adamant that James said it right before the comp that he was willing to throw it to John.  Vanessa asks John why James would lie.  John thinks that it is because it was at the point when there was a consensus that Vanessa was the target and maybe James doesn't want to admit that. Subsequently Vanessa goes to James to explain state of play (not mentioning John's rationale for why James would lie).  James then goes to confront John about the issue, James starts out saying it never happened, John doesn't back down and says the words were said to him, that it wasn't a "let's write it down" contract, but the words were said.  James says he just doesn't remember saying it, so that's why he is confused.  One nugget that he did get from John that may be useful in getting Steve at some point, is that everyone was willing to throw the comp to John other than Steve.

Vanessa then reports findings to Liz, now they are trying to figure out why James would say that, they recognize that he could just not remember saying it, but it seems weird.  And, then.......freaking DR is making them play hide and seek.

Look, it is all really stupid, and James' lie/memory lapse shouldn't make a difference either way, but here we are.  My recollection is that everyone was throwing this to John so as to get Vanessa out, so I don't see the big deal so as to lie. I think James may truly not remember.

Edited by pennben
  • Love 4

Yeah, James doesn't strike me as the type of guy who would freak out like that just to cover a lie (I don't even necessarily mean that as a compliment, I just mean that it seems unlikely that he would freak out like this if he didn't honestly think that John was making up shit about him), so I think James legitimately forgot he said it. 

Conclusion to the Vanessa Rousso Detective Agency and the Case of the Thrown HOH:

Lots of fishes when James was talking to Austin, but James mentioned that when discussing this with John, John mentioned that Austin was willing to throw to John as well, also true.  This has ticked off Austin.

Austin/Vanessa talking, Austin wants to keep the noms the same, Vanessa is "fine" with that (she'd rather James go, but she has no power this week and knows she'd blow up her game using it without consensus).  Liz comes up, they don't know which way to go between Steve/John, lots of back and forth, and I'm sure lots more to come for several days.  I think Vanessa/Steve made up this afternoon and realize they are sunk against the Austwins, so they will want John out.  Earlier Vanessa had told Steve to pull back and shut up on his efforts to keep John and target James, since odds were it wasn't happening.  Told him to stay away from HOH since he's on the block and it could seem sketchy pushing his bias.  So, of course, Steve comes up tonight basically asking Austin, about 6 times "how can I help you?".  It's almost funny.  Next lesson for Steve.....the fine art of subtlety.  

So, at the end of the day (sorry), noms are staying the same.  Target, TBD.

Edited by pennben
  • Love 6

I will say the cast this season is very indecisive in nominations and who to backdoor. Everyone goes crazy. Of course, with Vanessa in the mix just makes it worse. I really believe she is the cause of every HOH losing their mind. LOL!!!!

• Love 2

I'm giving up.  I don't think I should waste any more time on this season's Big Brother.

I keep forgetting to watch!  Yesterday I thought, "Oh, yeah. Tonight's BB."  Then around 9:30 I thought, "Ooops, did it again. Forgot to tune in." And it keeps happening!  That's how dull and insipid this program has become for me - a bunch of losers fighting to see who can throw away $500K the best.

• Love 2