Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17 Live Feed Discussion: Watch People Sleep All Day!

• Start Topic

Doesn't Shelli know Vanessa is the target? So this is going to be a conversation where they both think the Other one doesn't know they know?

Shelli knows. Vanessa suspects but it's just based on her paranoia. She could wake up today and think that Becky and Shelli are "gay lovers" and that she will backdoor James because he was married to Shelli before the show and didn't treat her that well. 

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 15

Adults shop at Abercrombie?  I thought that was for middle school and high school kids.  At least, that's when I wore it...

I still do, not with stuff that has Abercrombia plastered all over it. However, their jeans fit me so well I prefer to buy them there. 

• Love 2

OK, I have to do this, because we have a long history of being feeds obsessed. Peachmangosteen, you were so sure Austin would dominate this comp, and he finished tied in dead last! With Meg! Hah!! Aren't you so happy you were so wrong?

LMAO! I have never been more happy to be wrong! 

I know Liz isn't that popular, but does anyone think she's a dark-horse contender to win? She's very smart and playing a low-key, shrewd game. And of course she has 2 jury votes on lock.

I agree with you 100%. I personally love Liz though, so maybe I'm biased! But yea I honestly believe Liz is the better player between her and Julia. She is certainly more shrewd and I believe she's a better competitor, too. 

Shelli knows. Vanessa suspects but it's just based on her paranoia. She could wake up today and think that Becky and Shelli are "gay lovers" and that she will backdoor James because he was married to Shelli before the show and didn't treat her that well. 

I pray this actually happens! I can't wait to see what crazy theories she comes up with this week. She's actually in trouble now so I can't even imagine what her paranoia is gonna do to her.

I hope Becky comes to her senses and just nominates Vanessa outright. Steve is actually a great secondary target for her, so Vanessa and Steve is probably a good bet for noms. But Vanessa and any of the Austwins works, too. I just really want Vanessa on the block for a whole week so we have 7 days of her insanity.

ETA: LOL I forgot about Shelli. Shelli/Vanessa is a great noms choice, too. Maybe the best actually and not just because it would please me greatly. I wanna know if Shelli would fuck Vanessa over in that scenario.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3

Shelli knows. Vanessa suspects but it's just based on her paranoia.

How does the phrase go, "just because your paranoid doensn't mean they aren't after you" or something.  Vanessa is 100% correct in thinking she's the target this week; that's not paranoia, that's reading the room.

That blowout yesterday doomed her game.  Last night, watching her/Shelli after the HOH contest, Shelli had her patented "I'm done with you" body language.  Unless she wins veto or something strange happens this week, Vanessa is gone.  Even if she stays, I don't see it being for long.

Edited by pennben
  • Love 2

I know Liz isn't that popular, but does anyone think she's a dark-horse contender to win? She's very smart and playing a low-key, shrewd game. And of course she has 2 jury votes on lock.

Yeah I really want her to try to back door Vanessa, but I think at this point in the game their smart enough not to, but IF she wins Veto g(or if one of her allies wins Veto and takes her down) ADC should abosoutely be putting up and targeting Liz. I just can NOT fathom getting rid of Steve over breaking up Austwins, last week they said they didn't want waste a HoH on Steve yet Becky acts like he's the biggest threat/target in the game. GTFO.

Really they should put up Liz and Vanessa, if they're thinking like they should be about shattering the remaining tight bonds they take out half of Shelli/Vanessa OR they break up the three strong alliance everyone likes to pretend to go after every week and then never follow through on booting.

Yes, and Liz is the linchpin of the Austwins alliance. If she goes, I'd bet Julia distances herself from Austin as fast as they can. I suppose they could team up to avenge Liz, but there would be other ways for Julia to do that.

Adults shop at Abercrombie? I thought that was for middle school and high school kids. At least, that's when I wore it...

I thought their time for being the arbiters of all things hip and cool was over five years ago. Their sales have dropped, at any rate, and they've done some major revamping. Reading what Becky said off the page, I would have thought she said it all with irony, except that A) it was said by Becky, retail junkie, and B) I trust the interpretation of those of you who saw it. Edited by Kris117
  • Love 4

Adults shop at Abercrombie?  I thought that was for middle school and high school kids.  At least, that's when I wore it...

Becky already covered this on the feeds in great detail about two weeks ago or so. She claims that moms come in with their teenager daughters, decide something is cute and buy it for themselves too, while buying one for their daughters. It's been awhile since I've been a teenager but back then, if my mom would have grabbed the same hoodie or jeans or whatever I had grabbed, you had best believe I wouldn't be buying anything from there again. Not a great sales pitch, Becky. At least not for the teenaged crowd. Maybe for the moms. Also, apparently removing the giant logo splash from the clothes brought in the older crowd. Why do I know this? I think this was the moment that I decided she was really really boring.

In other news, Steve is doing a lovely Victoria impression lately. We have another member of the Big Brother Wisdom Tooth Club. Is there something about that house that just makes someone's wisdom teeth act up? He's been in a fair amount of pain and doing salt water rinses. Johnny Mac was earning his pay cheque, telling him he needed antibiotics but I don't think he got them. Poor kid. I've been hit by a car and broken my arm badly enough for surgery, but tooth pain is still the worst pain I've felt (mainly because you get good drugs for the first one). I did not, however, take the car to the face, so I'm not as cool as Basic Becky. Woe is me.  

• Love 8

So both Steve and Shelli have had chances to fill Vanessa in but haven't.

Steve has been keeping the things Johnny Mac has been saying to him  to himself now. In one of their talks, Johnny suggested a finale 4 with Steve, Jackie and Becky.

I have to go and watch the Vanessa/Becky talk where she shut her down like a boss. Yup. Sorry Vanessa, Becky has all the alliances she needs, she doesn't want any part of your mess.

• Love 2

Yeah, the fact that Becky still buys into the whole Abercrombie "lifestyle" is just so Becky. Not that the clothes themselves are bad, but I thought once you got out of high school you realized the brand didn't make you a "cool kid."

I think the twins are in a great spot. They won't get to the end together, but once one gets out, I can see the other winning.

• Love 4

If/When Vanessa walks out I'll be canceling my feeds and have my life back I guess.  If/When she walks back in I'll start them up again. I'll still hope Shelli/Steve/Julia will pull out, but I don't care enough about any single one of them to keep watching.

• Love 2

Actually, thinking more about it, Vanessa not being nommed initially might provide more fun. Especially if she doesn't get picked for veto. Ah, yes, this is delicious!

Basically no matter what happens this week will be fun for me I think. It's pretty much a certainty that one of Sixth Sense will go so that works for me.

If/When she walks back in I'll start them up again.

Oh man, imagine Vanessa getting voted out this week, being the first person in jury, and then winning the comp to come back in like a month. That's pure gold right there!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4

I hate that they're bringing back a juror. Hate it even more that Julie basically told the HGs about it.

The only returner who lasted even a little while was Judd and that was only because Elissa won that first HOH and wouldn't put him up despite the entire house wanting it. It's just a wasted week.

• Love 6

Given that Becky/The Campers are content to let a three strong alliance stand so they can work out their anger at Vanessa? Yes, absolutely, 

Seriously.  The Austwins are in excellent shape, and as each week passes, they get more and more of a percentage of the votes each week.  One of the 3 of them needs to go in the double.

In case anyone missed it last night, Shelli regaled the twins, Austin, and Steve with her story about how much her younger brother is just like Clay. Right down to the same faces they make, and the same way they laugh, and it was about as weird as you think. She also went on about how all her brothers (twin and younger, not sure if there's any more) are beautiful men. Okay then, Shelli. Not really something you'd think should be shared with the house. It's just a little bit weird.

• Love 7

I also have a strong suspicion the show would find a way to bring Clay back if Shelli is still there because they're obsessed with showmances. Oh wait, he's not a juror, NM.

Edited by iMonrey

LMAO at the cameraman doing close-ups of all the ants on the counter. They're in the slop bucket and all over all the dirty cups laying by the sink. Becky just spraying Raid all over the place. But the ants started getting on her so she gave up.

• Love 4

A bit earlier Becky was stanning for One Republic and now I find out she got kale in her HOH basket. And she was talking to Liz about getting Starbucks at the mall on her breaks at Abercrombie. This is too good. I can't help but love her tbh.

• Love 2

Does Steve have a crush on Vanessa? At around 3:37, he tells Vanessa, "give me a hug".  They hug.  Then Steve says, "Mm. You smell good.  I love how you smell.  I love just always how you smell."  He then told her people think he's mad at her, because he got up and left when "sleeping" with Vanessa.  He then explains that he would love sharing a bed with her, but you don't share a bed with your allies.

He then follows her into the kitchen, where Vanessa complains of having a migraine, cramps, body aches, and the room is too hot.  Steve sympathetically gives her another hug.  When she returns the hug halfheartedly, he asks, "what's wrong with your left arm?"

And yet he didn't tell her about this week's plan. 

Haha Oh V, but I actually understand why she got crazy in this case (because again she perceives Clay/John to be playing irrationally in the game theory sense), and also that she wasn't really saying that John was stupid, she was arguing the opposite that she believed he smart enough to READ HER MIND hehe, that she wasn't really gunning for him, and honestly she wasn't, she would be in this situation this week regardless of that blow up, the only way she could stay safe was her or her allies winning HoH and they didn't. But if she had won HoH they would have gone after Jackie and probably Becky, Sixth Sense was so convinced and hung up on Double Eviction happening this week that they exposed more of their game than they should have, you really can't have a specific plan for DE, you just have to have some generalized targets and a basic preferred boot order and roll with it. 

Again Johnny Mac pulling James into that crazy should be her angle with pulling James to vote for her stay this week.  I still say he's the most sympathetic ear for her to pull, and he could flip Meg. The chances of it happening or slim and none, but I've seen greater turn arounds in this game.

Edited by blixie
  • Love 3

Are they doing nominations already? Because honestly I haven't turned them on all day, until now and it went to fish/Jeff immediately. I'm glad I'll be at the ball game and won't have to witness Trainwrecky's Reign.

Are they doing nominations already? Because honestly I haven't turned them on all day, until now and it went to fish/Jeff immediately. I'm glad I'll be at the ball game and won't have to witness Trainwrecky's Reign.

Maybe they just decided to do nominations because the entire house (including the nominees) know who's going up.

because the entire house (including the nominees) know who's going up.

When did that happen? I mean Becky deciding, she initially floated Steve as a pawn, is he still a pawn to Vanessa's target? Or is it Van/Shelli? I didn't see a report that she had settled on anyone other than Vanessa.

LOL. Vanessa is at it already. She knows she's a backdoor target.

Vanessa to Julia: Let me tell you what a bitch she [becky] was. Fucking bitch. Terrible game player.

When did that happen? I mean Becky deciding, she initially floated Steve as a pawn, is he still a pawn to Vanessa's target? Or is it Van/Shelli? I didn't see a report that she had settled on anyone other than Vanessa.

Shelli/Steve are going to be the nominees. She told them both last night. She straight up told Shelli the backdoor Vanessa plan. She strongly hinted at it with Steve. She also promised Steve that he was a pawn and would nit be going this week as he was neither her target nor her backup target (if noms stay the same). She also told everyone in the house that Steve/Shelli wpuld be going up. John/Jackie/James/Meg know the real plan. Vanessa/Liz/Julia/Austin were told John is the backdoor plan.

If her plan is to backdoor Vanessa then she IS a terrible player, Vanessa wins veto and she pulls down Shelli, and Steve stays, and at worst she loses one of her team she wanted to shed anyway, the Austwins (obviously if she can have it end up on Liz that will be fantastic). This is the best possible scenario of her being targeted. I have renewed hope.

Edited by blixie
  • Love 1

Steve talking to the camera. He thinks Austin is the backdoor target. Oh Steve.

If her plan is to backdoor Vanessa then she IS a terrible player, Vanessa wins veto and she pulls down Shelli, and Steve stays, and at worst she loses one of her team she wanted to shed anyway, the Austwins (obviously if she can have it end up on Liz that will be fantastic). This is the best possible scenario of her being targeted. I have renewed hope.

I don't think she would use the veto because Austin and the twins would know one of them would be going up. The last thing Vanessa should do right now is piss off the three people in the house who are still buying what she's selling. 

Edited by Cutty

During the Clay/Shelli veto it sounded like Vanessa didn't understand how veto worked though (that if she won it, she was also safe)- because she kept saying she had to be careful not to win, because if she took one of them down, she could be the target.

So if Vanessa still thinks that, she'll either try not to win the veto again, or she'll win it and not use it.

Edited by Skittl1321

People are down on Becky for telling her plans to Shelli and Steve, but frankly, I actually don't think it was that bad.  For one thing, neither went to Vanessa.  And Becky does keep some inroads with Shelli open in case she does want another option for later.  And Vanessa only suspects, not outright knows.

And even if her plan goes wrong, so what?  At least she's made it so that no one in her alliance is going home.  Yes, Vanessa is her main target, but I don't think she cares if Steve or Shelli gets evicted.  And even if Vanessa Vetoes one of her nominees (should she get picked for the Veto Competition and win it), Becky already plans to put Austin up, and he has a fair chance of going and reducing Liz and Julia to just having each other.  So one of Vanessa, Shelli, Steve, or Austin would leave us this week.  It's a win-win-win-win situation for her.

Anyway, I flashed back to this exchange between Jackie and Becky last night.

Becky came clean that Vanessa and Shelli told her that James, Jackie, Jason, and Meg were against her, and Jackie was campaigning to get her out, and she thought she wanted to work with Vanessa and Shelli.

She said then she saw how Vanessa manipulated everyone.

Good for Becky for getting in front of this so when Vanessa and Shelli try to expose her as a rat, they'll already know and won't care anymore since she told them first.

Jackie was soooo pissed.  She wanted to go scream at Vanessa.

Edited by Donny Ketchum
  • Love 4

Vanessa told Julia that she thinks she's the backdoor target. She said that she may be ok if she's sitting next to Shelli but if she's next to Steve she's going home because she's obviously a bigger threat than him. This is exactly why Becky plans to keep Steve on the block.

Edited by bobthefrog
  • Love 2

It wasn't noms, just Have Not choosing. Meg, James, and Jackie are the lucky HN trio. 

Liz to Julia, ragging on Austin for sucking in the sliding comp: "You're so big and have all those muscles. Use them, motherfucker. He's such an idiot."

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 7

The twins were just saying how bad Austin is at everything and how it's "such a turn-off" - and how his bowl was even emptier than Meg's. 

They always make me giggle.

• Love 3

The Twins also say if they win the Veto they will keep the noms the same because they do not want Vanessa on the block.

That makes sense for them. Her crazies overshadow their twin relationship. They'd get ADC upset, but Vanessa will probably get the spotlight back on her somehow if that were to happen.

• Love 1

Having four possible people who would NOT use the veto, though, is a notable risk for Becky if she really wants Vanessa out this week. Is the 63% chance that Vanessa doesn't play for Veto (and even then, that she doesn't play and neither Austin nor the twins win Veto) better than the 100% chance that Vanessa would play for Veto if she was nominated but Austin and the twins wouldn't be an issue (since they wouldn't take Vanessa down knowing that one of them would go up)? I really dunno. I'll give her this much, it is certainly not a no-brainer.

Jackie's on fire!

She, Meg, and James were making fun of Shelli for being upset when they didn't cheer enough for Clay when he won the Veto in week five.  And during it, she said, "They thought we weren't happy Clay won Veto.  They were so worried we wanted to vote him out.  Fucking idiots. . . . Well, now we did.  Like, if you want to make up shit, fine.  We'll just do it.  You're so fucking worried, you want to blame us for it.  Okay.  Fine.  We will vote him out.  There you go.  Now you can't complain about it anymore."

• Love 10

Becky came clean that Vanessa and Shelli told her that James, Jackie, Jason, and Meg were against her, and Jackie was campaigning to get her out, and she thought she wanted to work with Vanessa and Shelli.

When did this happen? I'd like to watch that conversation.

I saw everywhere that Becky told Steve that Vanessa is the backdoor plan but the guy has other ideas. Talking to himself just now, he believes Austin is. Strange.

He is also saying he'll kill Vanessa for letting out F&G to Shelli. I guess he hates Vanessa too now.

I saw everywhere that Becky told Steve that Vanessa is the backdoor plan but the guy has other ideas. Talking to himself just now, he believes Austin is. Strange.

I'm pretty sure Becky didn't tell Steve who the backdoor plan was, she did however tell Shelli that it was Vanessa.

Edited by Marie80

It wasn't noms, just Have Not choosing. Meg, James, and Jackie are the lucky HN trio. 

Liz to Julia, ragging on Austin for sucking in the sliding comp: "You're so big and have all those muscles. Use them, motherfucker. He's such an idiot."

So the ADC now have two rooms, (HOH with Becky, and the HN room,) where they can go and plot against "the other side?"  Please tell me that this was actually planned out - 'cause that reeks of str-te-gery.  [And Grodner - this is an unintended consequence of the Battle of the Block, by eliminating Have Not competitions, you don't get mixed groups in the Have Not room.]

• Love 1

This is why I think Shelli is better than Vanessa. Vanessa is ranting and raving about what a flip flopper Becky is. She says if she gets nominated she's going to hold up a flip flop. (She's super clever, y'all!) Meanwhile, Shelli is calm and playing dumb, even though she knows she's going up and could be in trouble on the off chance the veto doesn't get used.

• Love 4

I dunno, Shelli was pretty freaked out last week when she knew she was a big target. I think both of them don't like being the target. Who does?

By the way, the whole outing F&G thing to Shelli by Vanessa was really a sort of notable mistake on Vanessa's part. She felt she had to clue Shelli in before someone else did later. That's fair enough, but after drilling into Steve to keep their alliance a secret, and seeing him DO that, to then just out it yourself because it is better for your FUTURE game (not even your game RIGHT NOW) just makes it plainly obvious to Steve that you don't give a shit about him. And when your big hook is "I'm the only one who cares about you," it is not good. And shockingly, as soon as she did that, Steve stopped telling her everything. 

• Love 7

Would John use the Veto? Didn't Vanessa go off on him yesterday? It's so hard to remember everything when I don't have the feeds and just read about them.

I assume he would since he said he wants Vanessa gone. The only question is who would he use it on?

I sort of feel like the ADC and Becky have become what 6S was for the weeks prior to James winning HOH. I don't really enjoy the same alliance being in power for more than a week at a time. 

The thing that I don't understand about this BD Vanessa plan, is that it makes no sense to me why no one is even thinking of targeting Austin or the twins. Julia and Liz both have an automatic two votes, both in the house and for the Final 2, and they have a 3-vote block for evictions. The less people there are in the house, the more power Austin and the twins have. It is truly insanity to leave all 3 of them intact, no matter what people's personal opinions of Shelli and Vanessa are. I'll be shocked as hell if Julia doesn't make it to the final 2 or 3, given the house's complete lack of urgency at taking her, Liz, or Austin out.

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 4

LMAO at the cameraman doing close-ups of all the ants on the counter. They're in the slop bucket and all over all the dirty cups laying by the sink. Becky just spraying Raid all over the place. But the ants started getting on her so she gave up.

Jesus, I'd rather have ants than Raid everywhere. Sure, it kills a few unlucky ants that are there, but it doesn't stop more from coming in.

Here's a clip of the fight from yesterday…

I could follow untranslated conversations at the UN better than I can follow that clip. Honestly, Vanessa, have you never been surprised by something someone you've known for years has done? I get where she's coming from in the way she looks at the game, but this is not a game where people can take breaks. Real life and feelings are going to mix in, and someone who is on the verge of tears should recognize that instead of spending twenty minutes asking the same questions over and over and telling people that she knows their minds better than they do.

I like her as a person and a player, but Holy Mary Mother of God, she'd be exhausting to live with.

• Love 7

I think John would use veto on Steve. They'd always been friendly in the house and Steve and Becky are the two I've most seen John talking game to. I'm STILL flummoxed over the whole Shelli/clay devotion, but I think it was more Clay than Shelli.

Edited by Katesus7